Reviews of Hôtel Elysées Régencia 4 stars

41, Avenue Marceau, 16th arr., 75016 Paris, France

#720 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Tha position and the facade are nice
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is more like a 3 star than a 4 star. The interior is not beautiful, not clean, there is no mini bar, the breakfast is not a 4-star-hotel breakfast (you have to serve yourself tea, and the bread was hard like a rock)... the prices should be divided by two!!

Tha position and the facade are nice

style, view, neighborhood, staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

In the room and the bathroom, lack of: 1. Power sockets on the desk and the bed sides 2. Mini-bar 3. Daily supply of cotton, ear plugs, shoe cleaning sponge 4. Sufficient mirror area light for make-up and shaving

style, view, neighborhood, staff

It's a nice hotel in a good location, but not really special
    • Classic Double Room

There was a lot of rain right before we stayed, and when we got into our room, we found a pool of water on the ground. While the staff was quick to fix it and make things right, it was a bit frustrating as we were arriving past 11 pm and we just wanted to go to bed.

It was a nice hotel for one night, but wasn't anything incredible.

clean, great location, would stay again
    • Classic Double Room

no minibar in rooms, fine details of a great room were missed.

the value and the location is incredible... this is the spot for shopping and walking around.

Great location, small room!
    • Classic Double Room

The room was small and had too much furniture! I caught my foot on a sharp wardrobe several times as did my husband

I liked the location, the breakfast selection and donin room

I recommend this hotel. We can stay here when come again to Paris ...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Extra Bed

They can improve breakfast and bathroom suppliers . But they were not bad. It can be better...

Location and locatoin... Staff were so kind and helpfull. Breakfast was very nice for Paris standards.Room was clean and has enough size.We liked this hotel 😊

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone ever!!!!

My comment would have been positive if it wasn’t for the last day of our stay. We booked the family room, (which is basically to room connected by a corridor), while packing in one room my 1 year old boy locked himself in the other room!!! All keys were in the other room, we couldn’t reach him, he was crying his head off, we ran to the reception but the receptionist was not helpful at all, he refused to give us a key card, stating that he already gave us a new one earlier!!!!! You can only imagine how I was feeling with my little boy all alone and scared !!!! To my astonishment, after 15 minutes !! The receptionist came up stairs with a handful of cards stating that he must check which one will work!!!!! Thank god the second one worked, but I’m still traumatized by the experience, I still can’t believe that the receptionist couldnt reissue a new key, or that he didn’t have a master key that could open the door!!!

Ideal location but small
    • Classic Double Room

The room is very small but Bathroom is tiny and very cramped. No place to put anything or even turn around .

The location is IDEAL just perfect. You can walk to Arc de Triumph and Eiffel Tower. Many restaurants nearby . Recently remodeled rooms. All staff was very helpful.

Great location and price!
    • Classic Double Room

The key card didn't work upon our arrival and it took a while for that to get fixed.

The bathroom toiletries were the best. The room was small but very cozy. You can't beat the location for the price and breakfast was great.

Very enjoyable weekend and most convenient Hotel location for center of Paris

Fridge in room or bar

Convenience to major tourist attractions and good restaurants. The manager/ Gentleman at the reception desk was exceptionally efficient and very helpful and nice .

For tourism,this hotel can give them anythings that they expect.
    • Junior Suite "Lavender"

The breakfast wasn’t perfect but enough,the design of room was better than loby.

The staffs were perfect and useful,my room was the same room that I wanted,clean and comfortable((lavender suite room).Location is perfect.

It was a relaxing and joyfull stay
    • Classic Double Room

The staff was not removing the used cups and glasses from the room

The Location was excellent, the Breakfast was very good, the use of L’Occitane was perfect

Beds are too soft and not long enough I'm 1.8 meters tall

Location. Just minutes walk to famous shopping street Champs Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe. Super fast internet and strong shower.

Good location from George V station and good bedding for deep sleep
    • Classic Double Room

Cleanning and breakfast menu. Complementary water was provided only firstday. My 2nd day heating system was out of work but no notice from staff till I asked to staff. Finally changed room but very hard to move late night.They can inform me when i back to hotel. But they didn't. And little bit bed smell.

Bedding was really nice Good supporting staff

Lovely helpful staff and a clean comfortable room.
    • Classic Double Room

I could hear the lift running and the water pipes were noisy too, especially from neighboring room. As a business hotel it's fine as you are usually up early, but if I wanted a lie in it would be frustrating.

The bed was really comfortable and the pillows plentiful. The window also opened fully which is always a bonus. A good selection of herbal tea's to make in the room also.

Better staff could make this place worthwhile
    • Deluxe Double Room with Extra Bed

Friendliness by the staff especially the concerige staff...The rooms were not being cleaned well at all which was disappointing considering it is a four star hotel , the service was more of a 2/3

A conceirge by the name Ali helped us out really well ; while others were very blunt; the Hammam was nice, loved the balcony

Location location location
    • Classic Double Room

Location was amazing. Room small but by Paris standards normal. Pillows were terrible. I had to wrap towels around them to have any cushion. Biggest problem is how noisey the hallways are no sound installation at all. Not a place to sleep in maids are banging away at 8 am. You hear the vacuuming above and below. But location made up for it

I wouldn't stay there again. The location is ok but for the price I paid the experience was bad.
    • Classic Double Room

The breakfast was horrible except for the coffee and the croissants. Variety was too little. The eggs, sausages didn't look appetizing so once I asked for an omelette and that tasted horrible so left it. There was also a bad smell every time I entered my room. I had to open the windows for a bit until I get used to it which got me sick. No hair conditioner in the showers so had fuzzy hair to all my meetings the first few days until I asked and someone brought me one. No mini bar in my room and one closet didn't close.

The staff was kind and helpful.

missing ramp access for disabled people in breakfast area.
    • Classic Double Room

missing ramp access for disabled people in breakfast area. Saw a lady coming in a wheelchair that had to ask for help from the clients to climb the steps to enter the breakfast room. Breakfast diversity and quality it's not at 4* level.

Great value for money
    • Classic Double Room

The room was a bit cold and the heating system brought cigarette smell!

Ali in the reception was more than excellent. He did everything to make me comfortable. I arrived a bit earlier but I was offered coffee then I was given the room as early as possible. Staff members are amazing.

Awesome
    • Classic Double Room

Staff were lovely and helpful as I have complicated allergies and they made me something off menu to feed me. Rooms were a great size and lovely decorated, location was excellent. All in all very good service and value for money

Parisian vintage hotel boutique
    • Superior Single Room

To start the wifi never worked and that was a big issue for me. I don’t believe the price/value of the room was worth it. It is a very old hotel with some refurbishments but still old. There is no coffee machine in the room, very limited everything, I have stayed in better hotel boutiques in Paris around the same and even lower price range that offer a better service overall. Location wise it was 10mins walk from champs elysees and metro stations which is good, but please note that everything else in Paris is far away from the hotel.

The staff was nice and room was on time at check in

Feel you are in Paris

Nothing to say.

They upgraded my room to a deluxe room. Room size was perfect.Furniture was beautiful and decoration. Typical french balcony,kettle and locatine products made me feel goood. Breakfast is delicious with french toast, crepa and variety of cheese.

It was strategically located near the hustle and bustle of...
    • Classic Double Room

It was strategically located near the hustle and bustle of Champs Elysees but without the noise that comes with it. Staff was very friendly and helpful, great restaurants beside it too.

Love it!
    • Classic Double Room

The Hotel- location location location perfect! The hotel is located within walking distance of everything restaurants, shopping, tourist attractions etc. The Staff - extremely accomodating The entire trip was a surprise for my boyfriend`s birthday and the Hotel staff helped me pull this off splendidly, therefore, a BIG HEARTFELT THANK YOU goes out to all of you! Thank you for making his birthday and our stay one to remember. The app The hotel has an app which I highly recommend you using. It is worth the download. I was able to i.e. check in so I did not have to wait a long time nor fill out forms etc., place an order for the various packages they offered i.e. Romance package/ birthday cake etc. All in all, upon my next visit to Paris, I shan`t stay any place else. There is also a message feature which allows you to send and receive messages regarding your stay directly to the hotel staff.

Perfect location to visit the main attractions in Paris.
    • Classic Double Room

Perfect location to visit the main attractions in Paris. I loved the vintage feel of the hotel. The room size was small but comfortable for 2 people. I wish I was informed about the gym and sauna on my arrival. I will definitely consider staying here again

excellent hotel if you're looking to be in the middle of Paris attractions
    • Classic Double Room

The GYM is small and opens late.

The frontdesk staff were so friendly and helpful, especially Ali, he welcomed everyone entering and guide us to everything we ask, i never saw a frontdesk staff as Ali. The housekeeping were always there for any requests Thanks a lot

Superb location, great staff, good rooms.
    • Classic Double Room

Superb location, great staff, good rooms. I ordered a birthday cake and balloons in the room for my partner, and these were excellent, the cake was delicious. The hotel also called me to check my arrival time so that the cake wasn't left out in the room too long if I arrived late..

Wonderful! Will return with family and friends.
    • Deluxe Family Room

Not enough towels and toiletries in our room.

Staff was wonderful. Very quiet hotel and excellent location to lots of restaurants and famous landmarks. Walking distance to most.

A 3 stars hotel with some extra luxury at a price. Try any other 4 stars hotel for the sama price?
    • Classic Double Room

I could not call this hotel a 4 stars hotels in Paris. The room was large but the wardrobes were IKEA black quality. The entrance doors very noisy to close them. The bar useless, no drinks or refrigerator in the room that is essential in summer. The TV toom small and of a very poor quality, too old for today’s standards. The bathroom shower is inside the bath with no hand rail to assist you to enter or leave with a serious risk of falling, the most dangerous situation of any hotel no matter the stars. The noisy insulation was average but not silent.

The adddress of the hotel was convenient for me this time but not the next. The choice of restaurants within walking distance was poor.

Not a repeat
    • Junior Suite "Lavender"

The bed is to low and not comfortable, the shower was broken and weak. Room design is not practical. The was lots of noise coming from the stairs, so we didn't got a good sleep at night.

Helpful staff

Staff is very gentle and ready to help namely Ali
    • Classic Double Room

I booked the rooms because it is a four-star hotel but in reality, it seems two- star or even one-star hotel. Very old furniture and very expensive compared to same level hotels. Also, there is no room service at night.

Staff is very gentle and ready to help namely Ali

Average stay

Room door is difficult to close😖, No complimentary water!

Cooperative staff, location: 10 mins walk to trocadero and 5 min to champs elysees, fast check in service.

The Location is great
    • Classic Double Room

Tow days before my check out the elevator stop working while my rooms was in the third floor so going around and Bach to the hotel was very hard especially for kids .

The Location is great

it was a great experience
    • Classic Double Room

As I'm a loyal customer in booking It would be great to be upgraded or have something special as this is the 4th time I booked in this hotel. But nothing I don't like

Paris in a day
    • Classic Double Room

The breakfast was fine, definitely not worth paying for separately (or at the set rate). Better to find a cafe (numerous near the hotel) for breakfast.

The hotel is centrally located near public transport, major tourist sites, shopping and restaurants. The room is quite nice and spacious and has the amenities you would expect of a 4* hotel. The staff was also friendly and helpful.

A short but wonderful stay in Paris.
    • Classic Double Room

The light coming into the room at night made it hard to fall asleep. I also had to sign a paper for breakfast every day when I had booked bed and breakfast option online - a little anoying.

The location of this hotel is probably it's best feature. It is so close to everything and you can pretty much walk everywhere (if you like walking). The staff were friendly and helpful.

Not worth the money at all!
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast very very poor selection and nothing fresh. Room walls very very thin so could hear everything Noisy rooms and street lights in room so not dark Staff not particularly open or friendly

clean - not a 4 star hotel - would not recommend except for location
    • Classic Double Room

Definitely wasn't a 4 star hotel - staff was nice but we had the impression that the hpotel was about to close - my guess would be they are closing down by the look of it . ANd if it is not the case they are trying to save money as much as they can - maybe due to under booking ... whatever it is - it doesn feel right.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

The hotel was in a good location and you could walk everywhere.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms very small you could barely move in them. Beds were uncomfortable. Advertise room service, but are unable to bring you ice or cold drink at 7pm. No bar fridges in any of the rooms.

The location was great. Walking distance to everything.

Rude front desk staff and little availability for late night dinners.
    • Classic Double Room

The front desk staff were consistently rude especially the night manager and the Asian gentleman. Additionally, the hotel advertised shuttle service but did not mention it must be arranged at the beginning of the stay. There wasn't much open nearby in the evenings- more sleepy residential feeling, which may be acceptable to some but not others.

Bathroom and bedroom were relatively modern except for the hair dryer. The bellman were accommodating and friendly.

thank you booking stuff for helping your coustomer .next trip to paris ill try another hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Extra Bed

the room was wide but location of bath room bad ..prices for room service higjt ..couldnt open the window night from flies and mosquito

the place is ideal near to city center the room was clean near to other restaurants

Great location, easy walking distance to metro, taxi stand...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great location, easy walking distance to metro, taxi stand right outside. Room was beautiful,. Amazing breakfast!! Very attentive and lovely staff, always going out of their way to ensure everything is perfect for their guests. Wonderful stay :) thank you

Excellent Hotel worth the extra cost to get the best from our trip.
    • Classic Double Room

Apparently free coffee and Tea in bar area. We were not aware, and actually paid for a coffee.

Excellent Location with easy walking to the Champs Elysees, and the Eiffel Tower. Spoiled for choice with the restaurants and bars within a 10 minute walk of the hotel Very comfortable bed, with the quietest (most consistent) Air Conditioning I have experienced. Normally I have to live without Air Con, because it keeps the wife awake - no such problem here. Rooms very clean and towels changed daily. Tea and coffee making facilities in room which is rare in some parts of France these days. No pressure to use the hotel facilities.

The location was great.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The lack of a bar. No one was ever there in the evenings. Very slow and unreliable wifi.

The location was great. The women at the front desk was great. She gave us a lot of great tips on getting around the city and provided nice suggestions on where to eat

• Deluxe Family Room

Hotel couldn't arrange for early check in due to fully being booked issue. Limited electrical sockets whereas all of f them used for lighting and TV

Location, room was spacious and hygiene set in the bathroom all L'occitane brand.

Worst hotel of Paris!

The hotel has a lot to do to meet parisian hotel standards! It wasn’t pleasant at all waking in the early morning every day because of the staff making too much noise and the fact that it was easy to hear everything that was going on the floor due their thin doors. After 2 days in the hotel you just give up using the elevator, and all the other guests too. I don’t know why, but their elevator is extremely slow and one day it took 10 minutes to get to my floor! The SPA is not operational, when I went down to use the sauna it was turned off, the staff couldnt help me until one recepcionist told me that I had to let them know 1 hour before, so I told them I would like to use it in 1 hour, after a while they told me it wasn’t working. Another issue was with the check-out, we had 3 rooms and wanted to stay until 18h or pay for another day to stay until later. The hotel was almost fully booked and they told me that they would be able to provide 1 room until that time, I asked them which one and they told me to choose between room 14 or 24, I chose 14. After a while he calls me and tells me that only 24 is available. The whole hotel needs to be reshaped! I’ll never going back to this one and dont recomend it at all.

Not customer centric, room not ready even after checkin time...
    • Classic Double Room

Not customer centric, room not ready even after checkin time, luggage not sent to the room, ended up losing time and arrived late to my meeting. Very upsetting!

Fantastic hotel in Paris

Rooms are small Expensive

Location close to all tourist attractions Beautiful hotel from outside also Safe neighbourhood Lots of activities close by

Amazing location
    • Classic Double Room

The toilet was strange in my room, it was split into two different rooms. Made it a bit of a hassle to use the toilet then enter a different room to wash my hands

The location and the staff

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Comfortable stay near Champs Elysee
    • Classic Double Room

choice of breakfast was not much Property opposite to hotel had high beam lights on all night Lack of seperate luggage room

Non smoking hotel staff was friendly - mr ali at the reception during the day was especially helpful seperate bathroom and toilet wifi at hotel Close to Champs Elysee Walkable distance to Eiffel Tower Close to metro stations and Bus stops

Lovely Hotel - value is questionable
    • Classic Double Room

The room was cleaned but supplies not replenished, nor were the bathroom glasses cleaned and refreshed. Not as easy to get to from Airport as once thought. You could tell Breakfast was leftovers from the day before.... But lovely people in the dining room.

Conveniently located to Metro stops. Nice Amenities. The Concierge very helpful with all types of information. Room was in great condition. Was within walking distance, for good walkers, to landmarks and bridges.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

A big disappointment

Everything.

This hotel can NOT be rate as a 4 star hotel even by europien standarts -IN MY OPINION For the money, you get a small room, very modest breakfast, a cracking bed... etc. Stuff was ok , but good will is not enough

Super nice and helpful staff, balcony room with windows open...

No complaints!

Super nice and helpful staff, balcony room with windows open to small lanai with gorgeous trees outside to look at from my bed and total privacy. We w as lked everywhere and it was a perfect location.

First I was given a room with the view to the wall which...
    • Classic Double Room

First I was given a room with the view to the wall which made me clostrofobic but after me asking for another room everything was sorted out in no time and I received the upgrade to the best room in their sister hotel just a minute away with excellent view which I am very thankful to. The receptionist lady at the sister hotel was extremely nice and helpful. 10 out of 10 for her service.

Extremly bad

Everything! Not like the photos at all it doesnt deserve a 2 stars hotel

The photos in booking.com dont reflect the reality, one of the worst hotel experience. Regards Ahmad

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

A wonderful stay in a beautiful hotel in the heart of Paris
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing. It was perfect with really help full staff.

Beautiful old vintage building with character but which had been fully refurbished and modernised with all the conveniences you would expect from a top quality hotel and yet retained the feeling of a warm period building.

Seeing the right bank from La Défense to the Bastille.
    • Classic Double Room

room so close to the elevator but then we had an elevator.

It was close to the Metro line for what we wanted to do. Lovely bathroom, excellent mattress, cafe & restaurant next door. 2 blocks from the Champs Èlysées and three blocks from the Seine and another Métro.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Great stay in Paris
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location and good value for money. We are keen walkers, did a lot of walking and could walk to all nearly all attractions, except for Moulin Rouge as it was raining.

very unpleasant
    • Classic Double Room

this hotel belongs to the fifties (decoration,service,toilet amenities,entrance and lobby). very un comfortable for people who can not tolerate noise(i was annoyed by the noise coming from a man coughing all night in the next room plus people talking in the street). you basically should think of this place as bed and breakfast motel and not a four stars hotel)

how confident the staff despite thier poor hotel and facilities

Definitely recommend
    • Classic Double Room

If they would add more English speaking channels.

Everything! The staff were super friendly and helpful...the location was incredible...close to everything yet far from the crowd...the room was spacious and clean...beds were comfortable...would definitely recommend this hotel.

Perfect Stay in Paris
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This was Fantastic and the Staff are so nice. we even had a free upgrade with a view of the Eiffel Tower. will stay again if we visit Paris and promote to our friends traveling

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Staff at reception were excellent and could not have been...
    • Classic Double Room

Staff at reception were excellent and could not have been more helpful. The limousine service to and from the airport was top quality. Hotel is in a good position for our requirements.

Perfect from start to Finnish! Loved this hotel and location!

Nothing! All perfect!!

Absolutely brilliant location,staff were so friendly and helpful. Hotel was so clean and the room was gorgeous worth the upgrade! I would definitely come back and recommend this hotel!

very average property.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Booking.com website says there is shuttle service from airport, that was not the case, hence we took eurostar which was very expensive.

staff very helpful, Ali was very polite and willing to give info and very proactive, good man

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

the picture in the website isn't the actual room :(
    • Classic Double Room

Internet was not great at room 65! Although I did expect more for a 4 star but didn't deliver it. Although been upgraded to superior room, I find it small for a space in a 4 star. Separate toilet from bathroom which we didn't like as no wash basin and separated from the bathroom.

Breakfast was great and the location too. Staff are friendly. Had an upgrade too! Hotel was easy to navigate as its close to city centre. Love love love l'occitane shampoo and body wash of the hotel.

Nice location but would not return.
    • Classic Double Room

The rooms were very small for the price I was expecting better. I have a problem with the advertising that we could get a better price if we booked directly, I was told I payed to much using booking.com and I felt like a chump, I really did not like this hotel especially for that reason.

The location was great and the staff very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Good location.
    • Classic Double Room

Very small room and very small bed, better to say "short". If you are taller than 180 be ready that your feets will hang off out the bed. The lack of sound insulation and the room is very dark and everything is pretty old. The breakfast is terrible for 25 EUR, very poor

Good location. Early Check-in for 25 euros. Kind and friendly staff willing to help everyone. Offered to move to a neighbouring hotel, to the large room, but I refused. Perhaps in vain.

Excellent location!
    • Classic Double Room

Staff were very friendly and accommodating regarding special requests. The room was comfortable. We enjoyed the location of the hotel seeing as it was between the Eiffel tower and the Arc de Triomphe.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Fair deal
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

- Room was missing a Fridge - Bathrobes provided but without the usual slippers. - Furniture of the room was somewhat old

- Room was spacious. - Location is very convenient (close to Bus 92 and Metro George V) and close to Effel tower, Champs elysee etc.. -Two out of three reception staffers were extremely friendly and helpful. - Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Very good location
    • Classic Double Room

Very noise during afternoon and evening. We can hear everything outside the door. There is no isolation trought the door. In the afternoon the lady from housekeeping and in the evening noises from the corridor and the other rooms. We could hear perfectly everything from the next room.

Very good location

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Location and all the staffs were very helpful and pleasant.
    • Classic Double Room

We booked standard room so I wasnt expecting immaculate top notch one. But room could have been better for 4 star hotel, I felt like any 3 star hotel room and I went to Paris to celebrate my birthday so I requested for any upgrade or better view room; didn't get any. hotel is ok if you plan just to sleep after tiring day trip in Paris!

Location and all the staffs were very helpful and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Good location, pretty decent hotel
    • Classic Double Room

not impressed with the superior room: very small bathroom, no minibar and basic amenities in room (no iron/board), ...

location was excellent. Breakfast was decent. Private car park. I like the fact they send email prior to arrival where you can book 'extras'

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Noisy and not 4 star
    • Classic Double Room

Lift broken which isnt good when tour eon the 5th floor. Area very noisy and rooms bad acousticly, both between rooms and through windows. Could hear every car go past. Breakfast poor

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Not 4 stars
    • Classic Double Room

The room are noises, the bathroom really small, bed not comfortable and something inside the toilette was broken so there was a noise all night long

Position