Reviews of L'Empire Paris 4 stars

#377 of 1,600 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

it’s all right.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

But the room isn’t sound proof, you can hear other room turn on the tab, flushing toilet.

Location is excellent, close to everything. staff are very helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The hotel is very well located to the Louvre museum, shops...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very well located to the Louvre museum, shops and restaurants. It’s about an hours walk to the Eiffel Tower and the walk is lovely along the river. The staff at the hotel are professional, friendly and go out of their way to help you. The rooms are well equipped, comfortable and clean. The breakfast is decent and of a good standard. We were comfortable here and would use again.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

All in all a good experience and would recommend.

Unfortunately our key didn't work for one of the rooms and neither did the TV which unfortunately wasn't rectified by the time we left.

Very friendly staff and very helpful. The bar was a nice addition and to be able to use before we went out in the evening. Lively atmosphere.

overall, a great experience, highly recommended

size of rooms

the extended coveted terrace was a great extension the breakfast absolutely incredible, what a great experience friendliness of the staff, ready to help & assist in every way possible

A 3 days cultural visit with 2 teenagers
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The room wasn't clean. My son found used female underwear in his bed, which rises the question if his bed was even cleaned for our stay. I discovered (blood?) spots on my bed sheets. The bathroom was dirty. The shower floor missed tiles, there was a lot of lime scale because of which the douche head didn't function like it's supposed to, and there was a lot of black mold. The breakfast was basic. When we arrived for breakfast, there was no table ready for us, although there were only 2 other guests in the room. Although there were at least 4 servants, we had to wait too long to get this fixed. I had to ask a few times for cutlery, coffee... When we left, the elevator was broken so we went 5 down by stairs with our luggage. I noticed then that there was a lot of dirt and dust on the stairs too. Afterwords, the reception said we could have asked for help, but for a hotel with those prices and quotations we expected interaction in advance. This hotel doesn't deserve 4* and is way too expensive for what it's offering. The only + is the ideal location.

The location of this hotel couldn't be better. It's surrounded by a lot of nice little restaurants and nearby the beautiful surroundings of the Louvre.

Good Location 10 minutes walking to Louvre, We found one...
    • Family Room

Good Location 10 minutes walking to Louvre, We found one hold in curtain and some small debris in the wall paper, Need to match 4 stars level maintenance of facility. Breakfast is nice.

Welcoming and extremely comfortable!
    • Family Room

Our stay at L'Empire was exceptional! The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and Sonia made us feel like family! The beds were heavenly and the room quite spacious. Fantastic location being next to Louvre. Can't wait to stay again!

ideal location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Main bathrooms in lobby were a mess both times we used them--once in the late afternoon and again the next morning. NOT ONE hallway light on the first floor was functioning when they gave us our room at 5 pm. The employee who took us to our room had to use his phone to light the corridor for us--it was COMPLETELY DARK. Though I spoke to the woman at the desk about this at 7 pm, she informed me that since it was after hours it would not be fixed until the next day. That was it--no further follow up, offer to give us a flashlight (I repeat absolutely no light, exit light, NOTHING on the first floor!) or real concern at all. This really could have been a serious issue if there were some kind of emergency--no exit light, no light whatsoever in that small corridor. I mentioned it the next morning at the 7 am check out and the woman told me she would tell the maintenance people that day, I found this response unacceptable but said nothing further as we were checking out at 7 am anyway.

ideal location The gentleman working in the bar in the late afternoon was very helpful and kind. The turndown service was a nice touch.

We loved the location Of The hotel and our room was very nice.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We didn't like the arrival experience: not enough information was provided by the Receptionist and for a 4* hotel we expected at least a cold drink upon arrival as it was a very hot day in Paris but none was offered. There were no adequate amenities provided in the room for 2 although it was clearly indicated in our booking and also upon check that there was two of us. We had to ask for extra shower gel every day, the toilet rolls weren't enough, there was a coffee machine and coffee amenities provided but only for one person so we had to ask for tea facilities for my non coffee drinking partner every day. The terrace attached to our room was very spacious but was never cleaned as there was bird poop everywhere. One day as we were waiting at the lobby for the lift, a housekeeping staff got out Of The lift and did not acknowledge us at all, instead she pressed a number on the lift then exited the lift and thus caused the lift doors to close on us, there was no apology offered by her even when we met her at the Reception later!

We loved the room, very comfy bed, very spacious and very clean and the room had a large terrace too. There were not enough vegetarian options available on the menu, however one exceptional restaurant staff offered to tailor make a veggie menu for my partner. The same staff also provided a kettle and tea bags for my partner when we asked for it as there were only coffee facilities provided in the room. We also appreciated getting our room ready when we arrived at 1pm and we also got a 1pm late check out upon request.

Good

Heating was not working properly. During our stay the weather was very cold and we were not able to heat up the room. The restaurant was too small, we had to wait for table every day, for the plates, for croissants, ...it was annoying.

What a great location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was nothing not to like about this hotel,

The hotel was brilliant, really helpful staff, lovely room, nice and clean, and a superb location for exploring the gorgeous city of Paris,

room and view was amazing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I accidently left my favorite sweater there in the closet and they were not able to find it in order to return it... I never got a call back

room and view was amazing

Good helpful staff. Location was great. Room service food was good overall happy
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Payment process, Pre-authorisation for credit card flagged up fraud warnings and locked card. Chip and PIN would have been much easier. Breakfast could have more choices, especially hot food.

Very helpful staff. Upgraded room. Good location.

Great location and easy access.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I would recommend to work more on the hospitality of the staff. We didn’t have an impressive experience overall except that one of the ladies ( she is Portuguese ) at the reception was very nice.

I really liked the location. Very centric and accessible!

Very well located
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Kinda hard to make the room warm, but just a small glitch though.

I really like how centralized it and near to most of the top attractions (Louvre, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Trimphe). Also the staff are very accommodating. They are very helpful too especially Sonia, Jessie - all of them!

Overall is good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It looks like an apartment. Space is compact. They did not provide disposable tooth brush.

best location: it's near Louvre Palace, and most attractions are walking distance. The hotel provide a Handy phone free of charge, which can be used surfing internet and communicate with friends easily, include local call, some country's international call. Most important, FREE! Breakfast is Good!

Very good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I got in at 7 am from an overnight plane ride and couldn't get into my room until close to 11 am. I realize, of course, that this is not unusual for many hotels. Also, if guests haven't yet checked out, nothing to do. Hotels like this might consider, however, ensuring that some of their staff get in earlier, to clean up rooms a little quicker.

Comfortable. The best thing about the hotel is the location. It's great. The staff was very friendly.

We would gladly stay there again, and would recommend this hotel to anyone!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Neighborhood was not great, but we never felt scared at any time... we just needed to be aware of our surroundings.

The staff was extremely helpful; our room was large, quite, and very clean, the bed was comfy and bathroom was small but nice (good water pressure in the shower); the breakfast buffet was excellent; location was walking distance to the Louver and Metro, and near yummy street cafes.

BIt of a Curate's egg...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

L'Empire is part of the iPrefer chain of hotels around the world. We have stayed with iPrefer before -in Tokyo and in Amsterdam most recently. Indeed, we are members of the iPrefer loyalty programme. This said, L'Empire appears to be a bit on the tired side - perhaps it is next in line for some renovation and maintenance? It just didn't have the pizzazz of the other iPrefer hotels. If the idea was to be a bit 'shabby chic.' then this came down more on the 'shabby' side than the 'chic'. Add to this that there were no safety grips in the shower and the staff had to go out and buy a nonslip bathmat for our use.

The hotel is in a small street in the heart of Arr. 1. The area has a lot of charm and a considerable degree of amenity - there are some great eateries of all kinds. The Grandgousier, just around the corner, is a good example - so good that we actually bought a selection of food there and had a picnic in our room one evening! Also it is an easy walk to Notre Dame, the Louvre and the such like. The breakfast had a small but good selection to choose from though it was always the same choice every day - we stayed a week. The coffee was very good. The staff were friendly and helpful - particularly in a crisis when one evening the table in our room collapsed and I sustained a minor injury to my hand - though the screen on my computer broke! Ice was at the door in minutes and the computer collected, repaired and returned by lunchtime the next day. Now that is service!

the room's design is chic.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

could not regulate the heater to suit our preferred temp. no free coffee for superior room! I think coffee(instant coffee is acceptable) should be a basic amenity for all room types:). would be good to have a shower curtain/door for the shower cubicle to avoid water splashing on the floor

the room's design is chic. bathroom is spacious

Never again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Free parking was part of the selection when booking online through booking.com, at booking I sent a message about the parking, that question was never answered. however they did try extremely hard to get my credit card information so to confirm the booking, which was not a requirement when I made the booking. I ended up having to pay for the parking €80. Real close to $100. The staff told me at checkout that they don't offer free parking, but they offer a parking service. Ha ha, nope...

Our stay at L'Empire hotel was magnifique!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff (even new trainee!) was warm, friendly, efficient and went out of their way to ensure that we had a wonderful experience. One of the best holidays I ever experienced! Can't wait to go back again.

I had a wonderful time in Paris.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I have two complaints. The room I stayed in was too dark in terms of the decor. Their color scheme is black, grey, blue, red and white, but I thought it was oppressive. I stayed on the first floor and the hallway is black. Too much black for my taste. I'm disabled ( I have mobility issues) and I needed a room that was disabled-friendly. Though it has a shower that can accommodate a wheelchair, the rest of the bathroom and the room in general is not disabled-friendly.

The entire staff is wonderful. They are very friendly, helpful and welcoming. All of the front desk staff speak English. The location is excellent. Two blocks from the Louvre, the Seine, and shopping. Lots of great cafes in the vicinity.

A fantastic stay in the heart of 1st arr - luxurious but funky - great staff - v.clean!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The wooden floors in the bedroom meant it was (at times & not always) noisy from the room Above with walking and a child running around

The bed was fantastic - big for Paris and comfy with lovely linens - the room upgrade I received to a larger room w coffee machine was a nice touch as I stayed for 3 Nights as a mix of business and leisure. Staff were super helpful fun and went beyond duty at all times!

Good Stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I didn't like that the hotel initially put me up in a different room from what I requested. The hotel's explanation was that it upgraded my room type. Unfortunately or deliberately it was a room in the basement, very creepy passage and not comfy room. However following my complaint the hotel apologized and changed my room.

Great place to stay-right in the heart of things.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Coffee maker didn't work, but they gave us free room service coffee.

The staff was excellent-Harish and Sonja were very helpful and fun to deal with.

I have been to Paris twice before and I found it cleaner and friendlier than ever before
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They had great phones to use for free. Ours didn't work and they were unable to fix it

One of the friendliest and helpful staff I have ever encountered.

The crews were very nice!
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The hotel is small. But it doesn't means that its uncorfortable.

The crews were very nice! They have application for the tourists. Taru eas a good choice to buy a city bus ticket

Perfect location and fresh air
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The room is not as modern as it seems, but it was very clean and cozy. Not so spacious for three grown ups to stay in one room.

Air conditioner, hospitality of the staff, and the location are at its best in the entire city. I can guarantee.

Best Hotel by Louvre, Notre Dame in Paris
    • Executive Suite

Missing a workout room, spa etc. After a long walk around Paris, it would be nice to relax in a spa. Although our room had a wonderful extra large Jacuzzi tub, which was very nice to unwind.

The Staff was amazing! From check-in to check-out, your entire staff was very friendly, professional and helpful. I recommend this place to many family, friends and co-workers. The hotel is very updated and modern with stylish rooms and bathrooms. The food was superb. The maids were the best. - The location was convenient next to the Louvre (1 block away) and other sites.

Excellent location, cozy and comfortable hotel with very friendly staff!

The breakfast was quite limited and didn't have much of a variety.

When we arrived, we were greeted by Sonya at the front desk, who was very friendly and gave us so much info and help. All the staff of the hotel were very friendly and professional. Our rooms were bigger than we expected and the beds were very comfortable. Location was within walking distance to the Louvre and alot of restaurants and shops around too. Overall we had a great stay and definitely recommend this hotel.

Great Hotel and great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The Nespresso machine was in the room which is great, but there was no capsules. The cabinet had no hangers to hang the clothes. The was some noise even when the windows are closed.

Very supportive staff. We checked in late at 9pm.. and we were surprised that we were upgraded to a better bigger room.

The room was huge, we booked a double and got a king size...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was huge, we booked a double and got a king size bed with a very large bathroom. Staff was friendly and booked us an early cab to the airport. No complaints.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Disappointed by the 4 STARS
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Air conditioning difference between the bed room (Colder) and the living room. Disappointed about: - The status of the elevator (Checking and some part broken) - Iron mark on the floor - Torn Hanger I was upgrading but when I book I choose specifically a single bed, I did not want to have a coach for me not really confortable, with the upgrade I got it :0(. We arrived at 3 but the room was set up for 2 only (Not enough towels ...). Even the coffee was free in the bed room we did not have enough capsule for 3 peoples. I came also for the SPA, we asked to the entrance how was the process. They said that they will phone and come to pick up us in the bed room (Could have 5 minutes delay). After 15 minutes delay I called and another person said to us that it was ready and we should go down. In the discussion to order the SPA, I am pretty sure that 2 glasses of Champagne were included. I was surprised to find on my facture the 2 glasses to pay extra. The Jacuzzy was not set for 2 peoples. Not confortable for the second one.

The location of the Hotel was good. Air conditioning. I was upgrading when I arrived Staff is Friendly and smiling

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Perfect stay for my surprise birthday trip to Paris.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Perfect stay for my surprise birthday trip to Paris. Close to public transport for the airport and walking distance to tourist attractions. Beautiful, spacious rooms and friendly, helpful staff. Great buffet breakfast. We would definitely stay here​ again.

Great hotel in the city of Paris
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was excellent, they were very friendly and definitely took the time to speak with you and get to know you a little. I arrived early to check in, so they gave me a complimentary upgrade to one of their two suites free of charge. Definitely a great hotel and it centered perfectly in Paris, just a short walk to several landmarks. Shopping and restaurants are right on the corner, with many more jus a few minutes away by walking. Perfect location!

Staff were extremely helpful with directions etc.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff were extremely helpful with directions etc. Also i left something behind in the room and they arranged to post it to me. Great location - clean comfortable room.

We liked the location and the fact that the room was...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was gloomy, with dark dirty carpets, with halls filled of an odor of chlorine mixed with vanilla, messy, with big sacs of laundry everywhere, in and out of the elevator and noisy (they were repairing sth for three days in a row). The bed was uncomfortable, especially the pillows and also the duvet/quilt was very thick and heavy.

We liked the location and the fact that the room was spatious.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

bad time in Paris
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

every thing is not for 4 star hotel ,iron shirt take two days , bad cleaning , we cant use spa and pool because is booked for out side the hotel even you cant see it , no lobby in the hotel , we don't have to take a breath in the hotel everything is small .

location only

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

staff offered special service like printing out tickets...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

staff offered special service like printing out tickets reserved online, recommendations to restaurants, transportation. Private phone for use during stay with free calls and internet access, Nespresso in room

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Une experience inoubliable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was great .they were extremely friendly always smiling .whenever we need anything they were helping directly .the room was very clean.large.the bed was comfortable. The location is near everything.for sure next time in Paris I will reserve in the same hotel.many thanks for all the stuffs.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Lovely boutique hotel in the heart of Paris!

I loved everything.

Large room and beautifully appointed. Spa bathroom with bathrobes and slippers. Bed was very comfortable. Staff were very helpful and accommodating. Location was perfect.

Weekend in Paris, with my girlfriend!

Nothing to declare! :-)

The people who works there are very helpful and frienfly. The room was fantastic, the cleaning perfect and also was a nespresso machine in to the room, that are essential for an Italian! The Position is very good and strategic to visit Paris! I will put in my Favourites!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Helpful in providing hot water and clarity on the checkout...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The lift was out of service for one night when we had heavy luggage to carry up to the 3rd floor by stair.

Helpful in providing hot water and clarity on the checkout bill

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Must stay here!

That I only stayed 3 days

Staff were absolutely amazing , breakfast was lovely, room was clean and tidy and modern, definitely visit again👌 Also close to all Paris attractions 👍

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The staff was great, everyone was very friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not necessarily the fault of the hotel but we were in a street-facing room and even on the 6th floor the street noise was very bad (late-night drinkers on the weekend, morning construction noise on the weekdays).

The staff was great, everyone was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and well-maintained. Also a very good location, walking distance to many sites (and shopping) and only a block from the Metro. The breakfast was good (though I don't know that I'd pay separately for it). The standard rooms are small but probably a better value than the upgraded/larger rooms, which are nice but perhaps overpriced.

Perfect vacation!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

They can change the hours for breakfast. For me, it's too early from 7 to 10 when you party all night :) But no big deal about this small problem

Everything was perfect, from the hotel to the staff and food and services. No regrets at all

Okay stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Stains on the bedsheets in the room. They had to be changed. It was explained it was a problem from the dry cleaners.

Comforable. Friendly staff. Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Below par.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We paid for a deluxe but they tried to put us into a standard room. We then waited 40min for them to clean the correct room. Very over priced. Bathroom/shower smelled odourous. Overall: unsatisfactory.

Very little. Deluxe room was adequately spacious.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

3 days of comfort in Paris
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was of a very good level. I was very happy with the hotel. I know Paris and you usually end up in small rooms and low quality. At the Empire I had nothing to complain about.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Pricey
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

- Hotel looks shabby and needs update here and there - Mold in bathtub pump in 4* hotel?! - No ventilation fan in bathroom - No hairdryer

- Location is relatively good - Spacious rooms - Kind staff

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

✨ Five Star personal service in a great location! ✨
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We would love to stay here again, and would perhaps like to try a different room. Ours was below street level, and was very adequately lit with natural light by virtue of a central opening in the building itself. And the room itself was spacious and comfortable. We were just a little surprised to be going down to bed rather than up! LOL 👫🐶😊

While enroute from southern Sweden to Breton my Swedish wife had to attend a business meeting in Paris. We had our friendly labrador, Nelly, with us as well. We needed a hotel which was (1) at least near the 3ème arrondissement if not in it (2) had parking and (3) was pet friendly. L'Empire Paris was a great choice. Extremely warm and helpful staff. Really! They welcomed Nelly, took care of the car, and followed up to make sure we were comfortable once settled in. The location is great too - just a block and a half from the Louvre. And there are plenty of restaurants in every direction (although we do not recommend you chose La Poule au Pot which we choose on our own, so not the hotel's fault). We took Nelly for an absolutely magical walk along the Seine in the evening, and then through the Mandela Garden and surrounding area in the morning. The generous breakfast was pleasant and informal. After breakfast they brought our car to the front door. Wow! Très gentil!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Breakfast was good

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Very uncomfortable pillows

Very uncomfortable pillows

• Deluxe Triple Room

Fantastic staff and great location

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Very friendly and helpful staff .

Very friendly and helpful staff . Nice room sizes

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Brilliant location to see the main attractions, and mainly by foot.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Brillant location, fabulous breakfast and rooms were spotless. Our special requests were met and all the staff were very helpful.

Well located hotel

Housekeeping could improve

Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff

Love it!
    • Josephine Suite

Expected a “newer” hotel

Great customer service , happy staff and good location

We are very happy with this hotel

We liked everything

Fantastic staff at the front desk. Sonia and Antoine were amazing

The staff were wonderful the accommodation great and...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff were wonderful the accommodation great and location fantastic

The staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Fine hotel in the 1st - just don’t expect to spend too much time there. We would not return.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Restaurant staff were disinterested. Breakfast was very limited - a poor value.

Front desk staff were generally helpful. Location was fantastic!

Lovely location

This hotel tries to be 4 star, but it's rather 3

Ok
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Price was way too high for the quality of the hotel only reason for booking was necessity as it should have been best market half what I paid

Most convenient location
    • Family Room

The staff are very friendly and helpful especially the guy at the cafe

Breakfast was too busy and several items where out of supply.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was too busy and several items where out of supply. TERRIBLE coffee, no freshly ground beans.

one receptionist was not helpful/accomodating, probably...
    • Deluxe Triple Room

one receptionist was not helpful/accomodating, probably intern

Lovely small luxury hotel with excellent staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Shower was broken, no hot water boiler in the room

Size of the room, quality of the bed and the facilities

For 170 GBP off season I would expect more than a good location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bad smell in bathroom, small room, not much communal space. A bit wear and tear feeling.

Location is amazing, room well stocked, comfy bed.

Wonderful location and a fantastic hotel - would highly recommend it 😊

Nothing it was all good

The location was fantastic and the staff were really friendly and so helpful.

wonderful
    • Deluxe Triple Room

great location. Staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. good breakfast

My message didnt get through the room team I have to repeat...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

My message didnt get through the room team I have to repeat my request everyday to Housekeeping staffs.

Excellent stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Quality of linen, spacious rooms, bath tub and rainforest shower

Reception stuff was amazing.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Rooms are old and has small problems.

Reception stuff was amazing.