Reviews of Hotel Ermitage

#1412 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

5.9

5.9

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

I will never come to this hotel agian
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

My room was on the 6th floor and there is no lift/elevator ! .. and I told the receptionist that I have an injury at my back and asked if there is someone who could help me with carrying the bag and he said NO .. and I suffered from a severe pain because I carried the bag for six floors !!! if you can't have a lift .. at least help your customers to carry their bags .. a hotel is supposed to make people comfortable not torturing them and causing them pain !!!!!! there are people who clean many rooms everyday and they just can't carry a bag for the guest ! especially those who suffer back pain ! OR at least mention that so I don't have to register and suffer ! because of this I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER come to this place again.

the place was close to the metro .. The bathroom was clean .. the bed was ok .. the hotel is ok if you want to just sleep in it and spend the rest of the day out .. the floor wasn't really clean.. just don't walk barefoot on it .. the safe wasn't working well.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Close to public transportation.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Didn’t have ac. We were there in July. Had problem with room key.

Close to public transportation. Staff was helpful. We were almost got locked out in middle of the night because our room key didn’t work. Thank god the staff was in the room first floor. I guess he heard us make noise so he came out and helped us with the room keys.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Cheap and cheerful
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Staff were a bit nonchalant. Maid walked in on me and my partner having sex, ruined the moment somewhat.

Good location and value for money. You get what you pay for. For a few nights with the main purpose being somewhere to just sleep it’s a good hotel

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

We forgot our money on the bed, when came back to our room,...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We forgot our money on the bed, when came back to our room, it wasn't . We informed to reception of hotel, but our money didn't find. Also, our floor was 4 with very steps, in booking site didn't inform us, that was very hard.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

Don't Stay Here
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Staff at the reception desk where ok not rude but also not helpful we had to figure out where the room was for ourselves as we where given the key card and that was it. Room itself is tiny, a bed, small wardrobe and folding desk with chair are all it consists of oh and TV that's above the wardrobe. Bathroom (wetroom) is worse it is that small you could use the toilet sink and shower all at once its the size of a small cupboard, when you use the shower it comes through the door and into your room so be careful not to slip and don't leave your bags or clothes nearby. Oh and we had to remove the toilet roll so that didnt get soaked. The hotel doesn't provide anything but hand towels which in my opinion is ridiculous. Bed was uncomfortable, the pillows consisted of 2 large lumpy cushions that I did not like. The Wi-Fi is none existent we connected but nothing would load it was just to slow we gave up trying to use it. We where on the 3rd floor and could hear everyone that used the stairs, upstairs movements and the banging of doors like it was in our room. You don't get curtains but there is a metal shutter on the outside you can close to keep the sun out if you don't want to be woken at 5 by the sun. All in all not a good experience would not recommend anyone stayed here.

The location was ok not to far out of the city centre.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Average stay. The room is small esp bathroom is very small.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room and bathroom is way too small. No big towel and floor towel. The curtain at the window not seem able to block all view from outside. I don't feel having all privacy. The shower is so small, reminding me of HK.

Close to several supermarkets and restaurants and not far from entertainment area of Paris.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

I do not understand the positive comments let by other...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I do not understand the positive comments let by other customers. The room was very very small and uncomfortable. Old furnitures and infrastructures, all smelling smoke of cigarettes. Microscopic bathroom. We remained in the Hotel 15 minutes, than we have decided to look for another one.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Spend a little bit more and be happy
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room smelled very old and corners show mold. Walking up the little staircase and then entering the Chambers is a challenge for everyone with more than a backpack. That the hotel has parking is an overstatement. A public car park is "offered" and booking.com should introduce a different icon on their website for those type of facilities.

The location isn't too bad (<30min into city centre) and has plenty of supermarkets, bars and restaurants in walking distance.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Well - it’s better not to expect much.

No elevator.

Staff was very friendly. Somehow I booked this hotel BEING SURE it’s pet friendly which apparently it wasn’t, but they didn’t say anything against my chihuahua.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Nice place for a weekend
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Few ants were wandering on the floor. Travelling with heavy suitcases will be tough without elevator.

Pretty view outside the window, close proximity to the metro, nice neighborhood.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

It was within my budget
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

The lack of a lift and the steep narrow winding stairs, They put me on the top floor. They should at least warn one about that [I am 76]. It seemed as if the reception closed at midnight.

It was within my budget

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Room on the top floor was spartan, but adequate, and very...
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

I had not been warned that there was no lift and my room was on the 6th floor. If I had been less fit or with a heavier suitcase, that would have been a serious problem, as there was no one to assist.

Room on the top floor was spartan, but adequate, and very quiet.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Very nice area - not for tourists, but for living people;
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

Unfortunately, the room is very damp - mold in the corner and a pungent smell; neither heating nor airing does not help. No ventilation; no refrigerator; very poor lighting in the room. The bathroom is very small; there is no hairdryer and only one towel: if it is wet in the evening, then in the morning it's still wet, a surprise! :(

Very nice area - not for tourists, but for living people; there are cafes, supermarkets, the market. Good transport links to the railway stations and the bus station. Pleasant staff, easy registration of arrival and departure. (I got an electric kettle on special request, thanks.) The room on the sixth floor – it is very high (for some people, of course, it is difficult to climb stairs), but stylishly – "couleur locale", Parisian life and "La Bohème". :)

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

L' Amour chez Paris
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

You walk up and down some streets after the Metro, with a safe bag I hope. A wafer-thin staircase leads to a Spartan room. When I checked out there was no one at the reception. It was early in the morning (I told people in advance), I left my key card under the door...A frigobar would do good.

The hotel is located in a lovely part of Paris, close to some touristic attractions - but it boosts a charm of its own, with old shops and cafés. As I decided to stay one day more I wish I had chosen Hotel Hermitage instead of the other one beforehand. Paris has so many dimensions, subtlety was truly unforgettable.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

Good point for this hotel I can say just it was close to the...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

When I arrived I asked the receptionist may I have a water to drink They offer me you can buy in out side Not warm welcome at all Bath was really small The Room is to tight No any non smoking rooms at all , all floos has a bad smell of cigarette

Good point for this hotel I can say just it was close to the public transport

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

Climbing six flights of stairs to get to my room to find that the key to enter into my room was no longer active. This happened three times. Also, the staff randomly took the ID of my guests. It was not consistent.

• Reviewed: December 12, 2017

Close to some concerts areas, I did not regret my stay !
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Maybe an extra blanket since it's awful french winter. (The room was well heated, so not a huge deal and I could have ask for one.)

The staff was really nice, I did not stay long but that was great for the night I had to spend there !

• Reviewed: December 5, 2017

Sleep and shower place.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Old and worn out hotel. Super small room, typical for Paris however. Uncomfortable pillows No elevator. No proper toiletries, only soap basically. Poor light, small TV, not many channels. No breakfast except for a next door restaurant.

I only chose this microscopic hotel because it was cheap and it was close to the dance school where we were taking workshops that weekend. The only good thing is a free wifi I guess.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Decent Budget Hotel Just Out of Town
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

No issues - the room is small and there is no lift. This is normal for a Paris budget so didn't bother me.

Very basic, typically Parisian hotel. Good solid budget choice. Supermarket nearby and the restaurant next door (Mr Culbotos) was excellent. Area is nice.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

Also heater was not working, it was a bad experience
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

I have introduced into my room before cleaning from the previous guest and I spent my night without any clean towels and there was not any room amenities

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

The staff was very cooperative and location was good too.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There was no lift and the Hotel is comprising of 5 floors. Washroom and towel were too small. No toothpastes.

The staff was very cooperative and location was good too.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

Amazing place to stay.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

No elevator - for us not a problem ( great wiev ) but maybe not suitable for people with some restrictions

Amazing place to stay. Cosy room, small but very nice bathroom, awesome view from window ( Eiffel tower ) , very clean and great atmosphere . According to price the best possible option . We were 100 % satisfied :)

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

Choose for barebones travel. You get what you pay for. Which can be fine. But pack extra layers.
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

The room smelled like a sewer, which is common with old buildings. The twin size of the bed was fine, but the sheets were unbearable: instead of a pillow the bed came only with a narrow, uncomfortable cylinder, and flat sheets were used instead of a fitted sheet, which meant that you ended up sleeping on bare mattress. An extra pillow was provided in the closet, but it was for propping and too tough and high for sleeping. An extra blanket would've been useful because the room was very cold.

The view.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at hotel Ermitage!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

If I had to say I didn't like something it would have to be the amount of space in the bathroom. A little more would have been better but it still worked great!

The cleaning lady was superb!!!! I give hotel l'ermitage 10/10 mainly for their staff and cleaning lady. My rook was always super clean! Staff were also friendly. They answered any questions I had. Extremely fair. And very chill. Thank youuu!

• Reviewed: October 14, 2017

Hotel very basic but clean, location great for experiencing local Paris
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Bathroom is very small, similar to one in a cabin of a boat. They only supply one hand towel per person- no bath towels!

Room was very clean. Great local area with lots of different restaurants nearby. Close to metro and bus with easy access to centre of Paris.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2017

Hotel service very bad
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

No lift service You have to walk through by normal stairs. For booking.com they reserved the room only at 6th floor which is very tough to go upstairs with heavy luggage. Intact nobody is here for your help.

Nothing for this hotel

• Reviewed: July 23, 2017

Calm room , reception is kind ,
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We haven't clean pillow cases , and toilet papers are already used one not enough for the couple ,only 2 small towels at the bathroom , ,

Calm and clean room ! Reception is kind,

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

Average at best
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

The property was incredibly small and not overly clean, while the staff seemed disinterested.

The property was easy to find, however this was greatly helped but Google maps and Uber access.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

This is a budget hotel, so you can't compare it to a...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

This is a budget hotel, so you can't compare it to a hotel that costs much more. But it was a good deal for the money and the staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2017

Easy to access sites by Metro at a reasonable price.
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

Climbing six floors of stairs to get to the room (for a+60 y.o.) was daunting.Perhaps putting this on the initial description would preferably warn more effectively, rather than at the end of the 2 page booking form.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2017

Poor wifi.
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

Poor wifi. So-so staff. Will never return. 6th floor to climb with 20 kg suitcase, staff doesnt want to help and staff doesnt your friend to help you. Terrible place. No redeeming quality

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Great location, lively but safe, lots of great food and bars...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room was very small and hot, and on the 5th floor without a lift, which was not ideal during the Paris heatwave, but would be less of an issue during regular weather. Everything was as advertised, though, and the staff friendly and helfpul.

Great location, lively but safe, lots of great food and bars nearby. The shower/toilet Was compact but very good.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2017

Basic Hotel
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Small bathroom. Room is little hot. If you open the window it is noisy. No elevator.

Basic things are all prepared. I asked for a space for my luggage after checkout and they kept mine safely until I got there at 9:30 p.m.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2017

hiçbir şeyi sevmedim.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

room is very very tiny, bed is very very narrow. you can not sleep with your partner in twin bad. bathroom is not comfortable, also not suitable for only one person. it is very hard to bath.. maid is not cleaning the room everyday if you do not require. and personel does not know where you find the best coffee! poor staff. street is noisy, you can not sleep. and very expensive.

hiçbir şeyi sevmedim. sadece konumu fena değldi.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Its near from the public transport and shops and restaurants...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room was very small , the bed blankets ant the couverts would be cleaner

Its near from the public transport and shops and restaurants, its good as a sleeping place for passing your night.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2016

Good price for quality and location not far from center
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

WiFi signal was fairly good, but connection losses were quite frequent.

Nice view from the highest floor, but elevator here does not exist. No breakfast, but there are plenty of cafes and various restaurants few steps away. Metro station can be reached in 5-8 minutes by walking. Not very far from l'Est, Nord and Lyon train stations. Room size is normal for that price (considering prices in Paris city), shower cabin is similar to that in Premiere Classe hotels. Everything clean, staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2016

Staff were nice but never again.
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

felt pressured to change room assignment while checking in... Kept telling them it was okay for me to walk up 6 flights. In the end I just agreed to take the second floor room so that I could settle in after long day. Room was dark, had ants, bad view, and wifi was spotty most of the time.

Relatively quiet

• Reviewed: September 8, 2016

Good memory
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

Not very good soundproof but still bearable.

5-7 mins' walk to Joudain station is convenient, two big markets super near around, a lot of bistros n restaurants also. Environment is quiete n comparative safe, and staff is very warm and helpful. Room is small but enough for stay the nights, especially for me from HK who had been always used to the mini room. A little tips: remember to bring your slippers and hair dryer if it's your necessities.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2016

VERY basic place, good if you need a roof to crash for a night.
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

There is no elevator/lift - beware! My room was on the 6th floor and it killed me drag my suitcase upstairs! There was no notice of this on the booking page.

Cheap price. Location was excellent for the purpose of my trip. Super friendly and helpful concierge.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2016

good choice
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

On the sixth floor WIFI was very weak and unstable. All in all, for the price I paid I was really satisfied. I suppose to someone a lack of elevator, steep stairs and a small room may cause discomfort. But if a person is young and sporty, without a heavy luggage, and the room is needed only for sleep and shower, this hotel is a good choice :)

Good location - near to many shops and metro station; nice and safe neighbourhood; really clean and cozy room; friendly staff.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

There was no parking space as mentioned by hotel staff.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There was no parking space as mentioned by hotel staff.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Everytging

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Nice location, close to metro and bus stop.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The bathroom too small, hardly one can rotate.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

The perfect location
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The bathroom is too small

The perfect location

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Location & privacy
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The bathroom is too small.

Location & privacy

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

staff was accomodating to very late arrival
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

tiny space, no room to move around, and shower was tiny

staff was accomodating to very late arrival

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Good value
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room was minimal, touch small

Location was great Staff helped when asked Wifi was excellent

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Climbing 6 floors

Climbing 6 floors

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Alright. The price is a little bit too high for what was offered
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

It does not provide carpet and the facilities are really old.

Situated to many shops, supermarkets and restaurants

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Friendly helpful staff, good value for money

Friendly helpful staff, good value for money

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

those stairs in the hotel were a killer

those stairs in the hotel were a killer

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

No lift, very small bathroom and extremely small shower...

No lift, very small bathroom and extremely small shower corner - only for slim people.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

:-D

The bed

The location and welcome:-D

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

simple and unpretentious comfort

simple and unpretentious comfort

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

It was easy to find and you get what you pay.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The heating didn't work for 3 hours and we were freezing.

It was easy to find and you get what you pay.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

Location, room, staff knew english and they were very nice

toilet very tiny one

Location, room, staff knew english and they were very nice

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

Value for money and need some improvement
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

There is no kettle to make hot water and there should be a proper duvet.

Value for money

• Reviewed: December 16, 2017

I had bed bugs in my room, which kind of ruined my trip to...
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

I had bed bugs in my room, which kind of ruined my trip to Paris. They really need to fix that.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

I liked that it was good value for money and the staff were...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The stairs... There isn't a lift

I liked that it was good value for money and the staff were really nice and helpful

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Correct

Absence ascenseur

Lieu central

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

bad Hostel
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

they give us 3th floor small rooms and you should take stairs as there is no elevator !

the best stuppid Hotel i seen ever

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

It was a bad experience the worst hotel is ever stayed in Europe

Overall

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

Metro flexibility is ok
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very small bath room. beds were ok ok. rooms were on 5th floor. it was really small way to walk

Metro flexibility is ok

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

Good value and location.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Wish they had an elevator.

The room was comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good value for the price.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

tiny bathroom

tiny bathroom

• Reviewed: September 17, 2017

The blankets were obviosly used for another guest.
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

The blankets were obviosly used for another guest...

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

Basic but clean

No fire escape

Bed nice

• Reviewed: July 7, 2017

Small bathroom

Small bathroom

• Reviewed: June 1, 2017

Staff were very attentive and supportive and accommodating although rooms were small

Small rooms

Staff very accommodating and friendly

• Reviewed: May 2, 2017

Passable
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

No lift, no work space, very, very basic

• Reviewed: April 26, 2017

no value for money- very cold, very small rooms and bathrooms,

everything

nothing: very cold nights shivering all through. Not hoping to go back

• Reviewed: March 28, 2017

It's better for single traveler

6floor room

• Reviewed: March 25, 2017

Convenient

No lift and six floors

Price and location. Perfect for a short stay.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2017

Great hotel I can recommend you

The size of the bathroom.

Very nice place,room and bathroom are clean.easy to locate,sympathic personal....

• Reviewed: January 19, 2017

Very clean, close to the metro ,hot water all the time ,...
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

My room in the top and there's no Electric elevator

Very clean, close to the metro ,hot water all the time , internet was very good

Browse Hotel Ermitage Traveler Photo Gallery