Reviews of Fasthotel Val De Reuil 2 stars

3 Voie Des Clouets, 27100 Val de Reuil, France

#5 of 6 hotels in Val de Reuil

6.2

• Room For 1/2 People - 1 Double Bed

We were charged an extra 5 euros per dog (we have 2 small, very well-behaved dogs), which is rather unfair, as most of the other FastHotels make no charge at all. Dogs make far less mess than people do...

Good location and plenty of restaurants close by.

• Room For 1/2 People - 1 Double Bed

We’ve stayed in Fasthotels before and this is the worst by a mile, the whole place was tired and in need of a refurbishment. I’m so glad food wasn’t available as it was Friday night as when I looked over at the kitchen area at breakfast it looked a dirty disgrace. I opened a fridge door looking for cold milk and it cook off in my hand. The breakfast was only six Euro but for what was there it was still over priced. I will look for an alternative next time we need somewhere to stay in this area. We may never stay in a Fasthotel again after this experience.

There was nothing to like about this place other than it’s convenient location for a stop over while heading to Eurotunnel.

AS above

The room was very small and tiny compared to everywhere else we stayed. It was not what we would book again and you get what you paid for. The breakfast was limited and we would not be staying there again.

The whole place. Rooms are very small and the bathroom is smaller than a closet. Didn't fancy the dead rabbit in front of our room either (which had been there for a longer time - completely flat).

The proximity to the highway.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

signage

I told them I was going to arrive after 10pm and the manager kindly rang me about 10.30 when I was 2 minutes away.Told him I was close and he offered to wait for me - just as well as the card check in machine wasn't in operation.The room I had was easy to find (120) but upstairs -I had asked for a ground foor but it wasn't a problem. There was an issue on FINDING the Hotel- it's nowhere near Rouen and yet listed as South Rouen. Secondly the big NEON sign is only visible after you have passed the hotel entrance -it's below road level (opposite BEST hotel) so you have to stop and look carefully as you exit the main road.Its down a drive thats unlit Breakfast was usual fare. The Hotel I would class as "vintage Formula 1" - it was either a soap dish or an ash tray built into the sink .Its a bit 80's but cheap cheerful and the manager was a star! Overall I wouldnt stay again as too far away from my route -about 10 miles off Rouen-Le Mans road. But full marks for the Manager

• Room For 1/2 People - 1 Double Bed

Tatty room smelled of dogs and smoking.

Close to main road and a McDonalds

• Room For 1/2 People - 1 Double Bed

Cheap basic accommodation, ideal for us en route to ferry.

• Room For 1/2 People - 1 Double Bed

Dogs being left in the rooms to bark for hours.

Cleanliness

Basic

Price and friendliness

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Room For 1/2 People - 1 Double Bed

slightly worn out carpet.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Room is really cold

Free wifi

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Hotel entrance signaling

The staff were kind, breakfast correct, room cleanliness perfect, good value hotel close to the motorway.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Room For 1/2 People - 1 Double Bed

The room smell very bad, bed not comfortable, not clean at all...

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

could do with a bit of a face-lift...very tired-looking.Scuffed paintwork, and tatty looking.

Good overnight stop-off. Location was great for us - lots of restaurants nearby and not far from main road to continue journey

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

Room too small for two people. Bathroom was like a broom cupboard. No chairs and a TV smaller than a postage stamp. The evening meal was atrocious.

welcoming man at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2015

As there were very few guests staying, we weren't offered the advertised buffet breakfast but given a "no choice" selection including 2 croissants and one bread roll each. The hotel had a tired and poorly maintained feel, for example, the shower control fell off when my wife used it - a screw was missing from the handle. Daylight could be seen through a gap at the side of the external door to our room - not so good in late November.

Welcome by duty manager on arrival and the fact that the heater had thoughtfully been turned on in our room prior to our arrival.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

A member of staff was smoking in the restaurant kitchen while we were eating our meal - not pleasant to smell.

Evening meal was good quality, with very prompt service.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Everything, the staff were so so rude, they take ur money upfront. Not my fault they have cash flow problems. No refund for last two nights even though I left early. I wont go back ever. They should be taken off booking.com

Leaving the hotel, that was by far the best thing

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

personnel was super rude and aggressive. we were the only guests for breakfast. we entered, the place was deserted and a tv was running. we asked very friendly if we could tune down the tv. rude reply: no. us: why not? answer: it's for everyone. us: we're the only people in the room. answer: well but no. when my husband entered he was so annoyed by the tv and by what I told him that he pulled the plug of the tv. The waiter shouted at him that this was his hotel and since he didn't manage to turn the tv back on he wantes to charge us using the credit card. This experience really ruined our first impression of France.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2015

Thin floors mean that ground floor residents can hear a lot of noise and footsteps from the first floor residents. If you're a light sleeper, choose a first floor room (however there's not lift).

Cost

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

the wall heater wouldn't work but we eventually figured it out.

close to restaurants after a long journey up from chatellerault. Booked over the internet so check-in was straight forward and prompt The breakfast is good ( although we made an early start this time and didnt stay to have breakfast)

• Reviewed: 15 January 2015

Friendly staff. Easy to find. Good selection of restuarants nearby, Good on site meals, Bed was comfortable and the room was clean and tidy. Ideal for a stopover.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

good location. helpful manager rang immediately on receiving booking to discuss and agree late arrival access requirements.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The staff were extremely rude when checking in and manners did not seem to be important!

Room was cleaned daily

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Fasthotel Val De Reuil traveller photo gallery