Reviews of Hôtel Elysées Flaubert 3 stars

19, Rue Rennequin, 17th arr., 75017 Paris, France

#569 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

The Hotel is located in the center so you can walk to...

The room and the hotel is very compact.

The Hotel is located in the center so you can walk to sightseeing places. The breakfast is not included to the price of the room so you can enjoy the local french cafes.

The desk clerk, Kristof

The desk clerk, Kristof , was extremely good at helping us find our way around the city. The neighborhood is close-in it quiet and charming. Highly recommended!

I loved it!

Location is amazing - 10 minutes walk from metro station Charles De Gaule - Etoile which leads to Eiffel Tower, to Versailles, to Disneyland, to Louvre! You can find transport to Orly Airport (Le bus direct) from Etoile station which is amazing. Really quiet and nice street :) Very friendly staff. Cleaners come everyday with clean towels (very clean and tidy room). The size is okay for 2 persons (not for those looking for luxury hotel room) but for those who come to Paris to see attractions and have a nice and clean room when they came back after a long day. Totally met our expectations - price, comfort and locations! Will come back definitely again! You also have really nice bakery just 50m from the hotel :) Omg baguettes are amazing. Also hotel is 20 min away from Champs Elysees if you come to shopping :)

Lovely stay. Welcoming host. Good location. I would recommend this hotel.

We were quoted 12 Euro for breakfast but paid 15 Euro on the final bill. I didn't notice it until I was in the taxi on the way to the airport. :( The breakfast was good but no better than the last hotel that charged only 10 Euro for breakfast.

Christopher (?) at the front desk offered us an option of a bigger room near reception even though we had paid for a smaller room on the first floor. We stayed 2 nights and it was quiet and a very nice room.

Hotel was in good location, hotel staff very friendly and...

I think hotel would of been little better if it could offer more meals not just breakfast, also if they could book some excursions

Hotel was in good location, hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Clean towels every day. Bedding clean. Would defiantly recommend and stay again.

Super comfy room in an ideal location!
    • Standard Single Room

The toilet is super squeezed in the corner of the bathroom so I would change that.. but it wasn’t a big deal for me. A warning however to people with mobility issues or who are overweight - the single room would not be suitable for you. Otherwise it’s perfect!

For Paris, the room for one person is small. But that’s typical. What was really nice is that everything in the room is taken care of... the bed is extra comfy, the sheets clean, the bathroom is clean, shower works perfect and the cleaning done every day is perfect. The towels are nice and big and soft. Also the location is great! I really enjoyed my little room and I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Comfortable, quiet location with great staff!

The staff always greeted me with a smile and helped out with any questions and problems. The wifi worked like a charm and I enjoyed the neighborhood and easily walked or took the metro anywhere I wanted to go. I travelled alone and am a young woman and felt perfectly safe the entire time.

The property is close to Champs-Élysées and Louvre.
    • Club Double Room

The property is close to Champs-Élysées and Louvre. Near the metro and has a lot of restaurants in the neighborhood. The room was cleaned everyday and the staff were nice and helpful. Recommended ⭐️⭐️⭐️

I will definitely come back!

The room was a bit small but enough for me.

The staff was very nice and welcoming. They even let me take a book from their mini library, which i thought was a good concept. The room was clean. And the location is good it was very close to the centre of Paris, it is also so surrounded by cafes, bakeries and restaurants!😊😊😊

Stay for 2018 Paris Marathon(42th).
    • Standard Single Room

Stay for 2018 Paris Marathon(42th). After running,the young man in the reception provided me a room for shower. That is very kind and helpful to runners. Appreciated!

Fresh and clean room close to Triumphal arch

The outer glass of the inner window was broken (room 115), probably due to someone leaving the window open for ventilation and the outer window crashing the inner one when door opened. Has to be fixed. Air conditioning wasn't running, so it could become hot in the room.

Fresh and clean room. Enjoyed our stay. You can make your own tea or coffee and there is space in the mini fridge so you can have your own small breakfast in the morning. It's also quite close to the Triumphal arch. Stop by Le Jardin Sucré to get some tasty macarons as well"

Quite location, 10 minutes from metro, comfortable room.
    • Club Double Room

Very friendly staff, comfortable rooms with big bed and big shower as for french standards. Interesting building with patio, where I entered the room from. Fantastic location in quite area, 10 minutes walking from Arc de Triumph.

Fantastic hotel in Paris

It is a very good option to stay in Paris. You can reach walking various touristic attractions. The services offered are at high quality and the staff is very kind. Suitable to arrive from all airports.

The place is very clean, daily they make the cleaning and...
    • Club Double Room

The place is very clean, daily they make the cleaning and change the towels. The position is also in a good area, near the metro station. The personal is also helpful.

Great location, perfect amenities and very comfortable.
    • Standard Single Room

Great location, perfect amenities and very comfortable. Staff were very courteous and accommodating, very clean and stylish . Would definitely stay here again!!!

We had favourites time in Paris! We will be back !

Me and my son stayed in this lovely Hotel for three nights.It was our first time in Paris and we loved everything about it! The location was great, the bed was so comfortable and very friendly staff.

In a great location specially if you like to walk around...

In a great location specially if you like to walk around rather then use the metro etc. Good value for money and the room was spotless. Would definitely stay here again, staff where all so friendly and helpful.

Charming, affordable hotel close to public transportation

My one con was that I didn't love the bed - it's quite a firm mattress, and I prefer something a lot softer. However, I was so tired from exploring Paris all day that I still was able to sleep fine.

The staff was lovely! Very welcoming and quick to answer questions. The room, while small, was standard for Paris and included all the amenities I needed to enjoy my stay. I love taking baths, and I was able to secure room 109 - which has a bathtub! (I'm including the room number as... it's surprisingly hard to perform searches for hotels based off if they offer bathtubs! Most Paris hotels, I realized, because of space issues only have showers.) I also really enjoyed the breakfast. I thought 12 euros was a fair price for the spread they offered - I especially loved the coffee machine! As someone who is highly addicted to caffeine, I liked being able to have several cappuccinos without having to pay several Euro for each one. The pastries were all delicious as well. The location was close to several Metro stations. The rooms were also pretty quiet at night - which I very much appreciated! If you have an early morning arrival time like I did, the hotel will store your luggage for you while you wait to check in.

Nice hotel on good position

I have no complaints

Close to Arc de Triomphe-10min walk.Perfect location if you looking accommodation near Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysees.Size of room is standard which means it's pretty much big for Paris standards.Clean.For this location nice price for room.I would repeat it.If you looking accommondation in this area recommendation.

very expensive for what it is

too expensive for what is, the same room : 141euros on Booking. com 90 euros at the front desk and that is hard to understand staying on the watch!...

staffs OK

The rooms are comfortable and the bathroom is luxeous.
    • Standard Twin Room

The price of the breakfast is a bit high and under the beds we found some trash.

The rooms are comfortable and the bathroom is luxeous. We didn't take breakfast in the hotel.

I would recommend the Hotel to any one, excelent value for central Paris

I could hear someone else had their TV on late into the early morning. Street lighting very bright, but light level Ok with curtains closed

Overall experience was very positive, thick towels, small but well provisioned room

Comfortable small hotel, would stay again.
    • Club Double Room

Some strange happenings like a guy coming to clean the sink at like 8pm, and reception guy coming at night to ask if we were having a shower. Shower was a slow to drain and could overflow a bit.

Cosy room, well appointed. In a nice residential area but close enough to transport and shopping.

Extremely loud!

Extremely loud! Could hear even The neighbors phone conversation! I'm usually not bothered by noise but this was too much! It is also quite outdated with squeaky floors etc...I spend 2 nights per week in Paris, so I've seen a lot of hotels in this area- this one is low on the list... I won't come back here

Would highly recommend! Had a great stay!
    • Club Double Room

- small elevator - strong air freshener smell in the room - wifi was a bit spotty

-excellent staff - clean rooms - good size bathroom - good location

Great place to stay

The room was cosy but adequate. We were out all day so it was only somewhere to sleep. The tv only had french channels, a few english speaking channels would have been nice.

The bed was very comfortable, the free wifi was great.

Cosy place in nice neigborhood

Cleaners didn't adhere to their own policy on not unnecesarily changing towels.

Location is ideal with lots of good restaurants and bars. Patio garden nice to work a bit in the fresh air. Breakfast, though limited in its variety, is of good quality. Internet fast enough.

not bad, not great hotel.

Wi-Fi is really terrible. Also air-conditioning was not working well. There was an extra ventilator on the table so I guess the staff know about the airco problem. Cleanliness can be improved.

Location is quiet and some nice restaurants to be explored...

7 nights in paradise.
    • Club Double Room

Nearby car park is lovely, but at 45 euros a day .. i spent nearly 300 euros on parking. A killer.

Excellent room, great location, nice breakfast (superb coffee) .. lovely cafe on the corner of Poncelot. 10 minute walk to the Arc, 10 minute cut through to the Elysees.

Nice place to stay for business trip, breakfast should be improved

Rooms are a bit too small. The worst part was breakfast, very limited, every day the same.

Nice stuff, hotel located in great place close to metro station and main attractions

3 night stay in Paris at a great hotel

Really cannot find fault with the hotel... Keep up the good work!

This was an excellent hotel located in an ideal location for exploring Paris. From Beauvais airport we got the airport shuttle bus which took about 80mins to get to Paris city station. From here we got the metro to our nearest stop to the hotel which was 5mins walk. Staff were so friendly and accommodating and even upgraded our room for free!! They had all you could need and were very helpful in offering advice on places to eat and sites to see. I'd advise getting skip the lone tickets for any of the big sites and a metro ticket for the week. Thanks to all at the hotel. Would highly recommend and will definitely be back.

Very enjoyable! I would recommend this lovely hotel!
    • Club Double Room

I would highly recommend this hotel. Lovely hotel in a lovely area, a short walk to the Arc de Triomphe and champs elysées. Metro station Ternes right nearby. Lovely bars and restaurants in the area. Our room was bigger than we expected, air con, complimentary bottles of water and sweets! Breakfast was included and was excellent value for money. Very nice staff on front desk also. A great place to stay while visiting Paris.

Great value for money

Great location, walking distance to Arc de Triomphe and bus/metro nearby to access most tourist sites. Great accommodating staff and many restaurants nearby.

Ideal for a short stay if you love walking and don't have a car to park.
    • Standard Triple Room

1/ no parking nearby (it is outside street parking only) and within a very busy street. So you need to go to the car park in Rue de l'Etoile which is 5-7 min walk. The hotel has pre-arranged tariff, which is good. We forgot something in the car, and despite it being open 24h, we could not get in to pick it up at 10.30pm. 2/ it is a good 5 minutes to the Metro (not the main line), and about 10 min to the Arc de Triomphe where you can access main metro stations.

Staff were pleasant and polite. Hotel was clean and our room size (for 3 of us) was very decent for Paris. Kettle, tea, coffee and water were complimentary :) Easy wifi access.

The worst experience in our travel history.
    • Club Double Room

Despite of we stayed in a so-called Club Double Room; - The bed made us feel as we slept on a couch. - Disgusting sewage scent from the bathroom comes few times in a day. - Weird flooring covered with a carpet on ground made us feel as we may fall down on street. - We could easily hear what our neighbors were talking not only from the room next to us but the room at the corner. Our stay was not comfortable at all. Besides, the fee you pay for the room DOES NOT WORTH THE FEATURES THEY PROMISE !!

Good for short travels

There isn't really anything negative to say. The elevator is old and slow (but it works, so for us that's fine).

The hotel is in a good & safe area of the city and is in reasonable walking distance to two metro stations. The staff speaks english well and can provide helpful information on the city & how to travel around. Room was as described, we even got a choice between shower and bathtub when checking in.

Very efficient modern and milimalistic hotel in a great location. Super friendly staff.

The only thing it is very ugly is the elevator but we just used it the day we checked in and the day we checked out.

The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms are very practical and quaint. Loved the patio full of plants a true retreat in the middle of the city. Complimentary water bottles every night was a very nice detail. washrooms small but efficient. excellent location would go back again.

Paris.......at last

The parking is about 10 mins walk from the hotel however they do arrange a discounted rate

Easy walk to the metro and to the Champ-Elysees so very central to get around.

Good hotel

The day I checked in, the temperature in Paris was 30 degrees, the room was way too high. The airco didn't seem to work properly, but at the in the nights somehow it was fixed.

Overall a good hotel, compared to other hotels in Paris. In general the hotels in Paris have small rooms, so this was not a surprise to me.

Great little Hotel!
    • Club Twin Room

Having to cycle there from London....But that was a personal decision and out of the hotels hands.

The overall experience was great, the staff, the rooms, the cleanliness, the location!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

2 night in Paris

Very small room The roon is not soundproof and u can hear the other guests in other rooms

Great location Value for money Frindly and helpful staff with 24 hours reception

Just brilliant

The staff. From check in to check out. The staff here is absolutely incredible. I forgot the name of the person who checked us in, but he gave us an upgrade to the prettiest room. The bed was really comfortable. Friendly neighborhood. About 700 m to metro station. Full stars on staff. Amazing people.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Front desk was very helpful and friendly!
    • Standard Triple Room

Front desk was very helpful and friendly! Location seemed quite convenient-took a taxi/Uber to Paris downtown. Comfortable bed, EXCELLENT shower. Lots of water pressure-you don't get that too much in Europe!! It was a wonderful stay.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Lovely Hotel

- the closest metro is not on the best metro line

- friendly staff -the room was much more beautiful than the photos -spacious room compared to Paris standards

J'adore

The Location is near to the metro line blue and few minutes to Arc de triompf (Metro Charles De Gaulle). The guy at the reception is very nice and informative! The elegant design of rooms and room size is just right. The electric kettle, coffee & tea any time you want is 💯 Over all, i super recommended this hotel.

Fantastic location, 5 minute walk to the metro and 10...

Everything was excellent and therefore I can not suggest improvements.

Fantastic location, 5 minute walk to the metro and 10 minutes from the Arc de triomphe. Good breakfast. Great staff. Good (free) wifi. Easy transport from both airports, bus line 1 from Orly.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Great location, clean hotel, close to public transport, 10 mins from Arc de Triomphe
    • Standard Single Room

The staff at night isn't very welcoming.

The location is great. Very close to the Arc de Triomphe. Lots of restaurants nearby and closeto public transport. The rooms and bathrooms are really clean.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Great place to stay. For location and for comfortable resting place.

Room was a bit small. Other than that no other complaints.

The bed was very comfortable. Shower and room were very warm. Overall a very nice place to come back to after a day of sightseeing

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Obviously, this is a good hotel for traveller.

Obviously, this is a good hotel for traveller. Good location, close to metro and Arc triumphant. Surrounding full of good restaurants and convenient facilities. The room is not big but comfortable and cleaning. An elegant small garden on the patio, which offers a good place to meet some new friends.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

The hotel is located in center of Paris,very close to Champ...

wardrobe was small .

The hotel is located in center of Paris,very close to Champ elysee and metro stations.The stuff is very helpfull .Breakfast is very delicios and satisfying ,although it has less kind.Rooms are narrow but they are ,useful.wifi is ok.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Excellent location, very clean, very good b'fast, super multilingual front desk staff
    • Privilege Double Room

We had the largest suite in the hotel, which had many great features, however, it does face the front street and it can be exceedingly noisy from about 0630 to 0130 the next morning. (To be fair, all of Paris is very noisy, and I suspect this is often the case in small hotels.) However, this consistent noise often necessitates keeping the windows closed, which would be okay if the A/C was working, which it was not. A fan was provided and compensation was offered and accepted, but just a heads-up if you are a light sleeper.

Highly recommended! This little hotel is an excellent location, is scrupulously clean and is staffed with very friendly, multilingual professionals who take their jobs seriously. The morning breakfast is quite varied with lots of protein choices. It is freshly laid out every day, with hand cut, real fruit salad and flaky croissants, filled buns and excellent bread. There are honey, jams, juices, cereals and various yogurts. Our suite was spacious with large windows, a sofa, desk, an excellent bathroom and a superbly comfortable king size bed. The inner suites enjoy fresh air from a green and refreshing courtyard. All the linens were of excellent quality and freshly changed as needed. The usual bath amenities were plentiful and well stocked, and we were also grateful for a kettle, coffee, tea, etc. as well as a small fridge which we used to maximum effect.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

End of journey in Paris

Nothing really, you can't make bigger rooms in city hotels and cater for long trip travellers with cases etc

Christophe in reception was so obliging and helpful.....Merci. The room was a little tight but very clean and the location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Good Location.
    • Club Double Room

A minor but irritating issue was that the teabags in our room weren't topped up at all and the plastic 'glasses' were removed daily but not replaced - these were cheerfully supplied when requested, but ... come on housekeeping.

Good Location. Comfortable bed. Clean and fresh. Good value.

Great location, small rooms.
    • Standard Twin Room

Room incredibly small. Had to shuffle round bed to get to ensuite. The cleaner took our soap away half way through and didn't replace it!

Beds comfy. Hotel in nice location, only a 10 minute walk from Arc du Triomphe and 5 mins walk from the nearest Metro.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

There was tea and coffee making facilities but no milk and cups were not cleaned. The rooms were very hot and air conditioning not brilliant.

Location was ideal. Receptionist staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Friendly staff, great location to local cafés, brasseries,...

Room good but showing signs of wear and tear, otherwise clean and comfortable.

Friendly staff, great location to local cafés, brasseries, Arc de Triomphe, super marche and park. Metro 5 minute walk via very high class shops.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Hidden Gem
    • Club Double Room

My only critic was that the space around the end of the bed was tight to cross the room (Club Room) we found ourselves climbing over the bed to use the bathroom/leave the room.

Friendly reception staff who were happy to go the extra mile and available 24 hours. Clean and presentable Hotel with air conditioned rooms. Lovely little Courtyard area to enjoy a drink before going out for a meal at any one of the local Restaurants or Bistros. Brilliant value for money.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

location and hotel comfort was great,especially when you...

The room was small but still great compared to many of Parisien Hotels

location and hotel comfort was great,especially when you think about its price!you are just 10 min walk away from Champs Elysees

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Quaint hotel with friendly staff

Although my husband is very technilogically savy, we had difficulties with the wifi repeatedly throughout our stay. Either it didnt connect at all or was slow, which made it difficult to book tickets online, download maps, or keep in touch with our kids.

The location was great and the staff was friendly & helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Good location, but old facilities hotel.

The hotel interior is getting old, and room carpet smell no good, wifi is not stable so I have to use 4G roaming in order to complete my mission. The room sound proof is not good, in the earlier morning 3:00 waked up by next door and a floor up guests. And towel with unknown hairs make me feeling not comfortable.

Hotel location is good, but still need to walk about 10mins to reach the closest metro.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Very good hotel

The room is comfortable and clean with a very comfy bed. The bathroom looks new and is equipped with soft towels. There was a small garden just in front of my room. No noise hotel and walking distance from Arc of Triumph. Internet was also with strong signal.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Fantastic

Lovely friendly staff, good location by metro stations and also close to lots of lovely restaurants and cafes. The Arc du triomphe is also just a short walk away. Room was clean and air conditioned. Price was very reasonable for Paris as well.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

1. The hotel is in a convenient location.

The room is small. So does the bed. Fortunately, both of us were small size people, so did not bother us much.

1. The hotel is in a convenient location. About 7-10 minutes walk to the Arc. Also close to a Metro station. 2. The staff members are very friendly, and helpful. 3. Close to the front desk, they have a nice seating area. When I stayed there, I often go there to work on my writing. 4. There is a lovely garden.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Paris

Room was pretty tight on space. Bed took up most of the space. But it was very comfortable.

Reception staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Lovely stay in a comfortable hotel
    • Club Double Room

Noisy other guests using the mini garden I between all the rooms very late into the nigh, had to be asked politely to be quiet (which they then were to be fair). Would have preferred the hotel staff to have done this before we were woken both nights though.

Pleasant staff, Clean and fresh looking room with cleaning and new towels each day, great location with about 5 mins or so walk to the Arc de triomphe.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Pleasant.
    • Standard Twin Room

We should have requested early check -in. Arrived from airport early and was not allowed to check in till 3 PM. Waited at reception area for several hours. Advise to customers...notify hotel or request early check -in if arriving early because we didn't know.

No eggs at breakfast when we were there. Croissant delicious. Staff pleasant. Receptionist very good and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The rooms were beautiful and the location was ideal ,...

The rooms were beautiful and the location was ideal , friendly and welcoming staff...... Definitely returning with my family. Well done! My sister and her husband's anniversary and first European visit, they thoroughly enjoyed their stay, thank you!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Great location, great staff, bargain for the price!

Bed wasn't super comfy but it was better other Hotel's we stayed in the same price.

Good cosumer service, very helpful with close location needs.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Clean, Central, Accessible, with fantastic restaurants and markets close by
    • Standard Triple Room

5 min walk to Metro and RER stations and also within walking distance Arc to Triomphe. Also some fantastic resturants nearby - all of which are listed in the information provided by the hotel in all the rooms.

Only one day and needed to get to CDC airport. Hotel staff arranged a taxi for early a.m. Which was

Walkable distance to arc de triumphe, Eiffel Tower, louvre

Generally please. Had a feel of a small luxury hotel but for a reasonable price.

Rooms are a little small but very functional

Location and breakfast

Value for money

Staff, Room, Location

Excellent boutique type hotel very good location

Great service and helpful staff

Wonderful stay :-)

Perfect place with wonderful location.

Everything’s clean, and the hotel clerk was really kind