Reviews of Franklin Roosevelt 4 stars

18 rue Clement Marrot, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#314 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Superior Room

Location and the air conditioner. It was the most quite air condition that I have witnessed in a long time.

The superior rooms are spacious however the view from our room was horrible. Also, the bathrooms are from 1972. Even the hair dryer is old and tired. The hotel needs an immediate make over. The staff is also quite tired. No real energy. However, the location is marvelous.

• Classic Room

Was given two single beds when it was asked for a double. The beds were together but still not optimal. Mini bar fridge was a bit too full.

Staff were very friendly. Clean and good location.

• Classic Room

Not a problem with the facility, but construction began at 3am and never stopped. Garbage trucks and motorcycles were loud and noisy. Due to the lack of air conditioning we had to keep the doors to the terrace open at night and that made the noise worse.

wonderful location; staff were friendly and helpful.

• Classic Room

The A/C was repaired after two days but remained unsatisfactory. Thanks for the good weather we didn't suffer.

The cleanness and the proximity to Champs Élysées.

• Classic Room

It felt more like a motel. The energy was super depressing. No one smiled. The staff in particular seemed miserable. I hated coming back to the hotel, and made sure only to be there to sleep.

I liked that the rooms were clean.

• Superior Room

mix up as regards room what was on the site & what I presumed to be the room I booked & by mistake no hot water otherwise grand

the place overall comfort location

• Two Adjacent Classic Rooms

Next door were doing major repair work and we were awoken at 8 am by lots of loud drilling noises, at least the French don't start too early!!! But this was not the fault of the Hotel, but we really should have been informed.

The rooms were very warm and cosy, a great advantage on a snowy St Patricks Weekend. The buffet breakfast was quite good, lots of fruit , breads , croissants etc, it is not the place to expect a full irish , but that is something only the Irish are good at. It was just a short skip to the Champs Elyseees, lots of choice for shopping and a great range of restaurants nearby . It is also in walking distance of the main attractions.We had a wonderful stay at this hotel, the staff were excellent.

• Classic Room

The bed was very comfortable, the bath was huge almost needing a ladder to clamber in and out. Staff were great, bar was friendly with a glass of champagne as the start of our 48 hours. The location of this hotel is brilliant, if you want to shop it is in a perfect location with Max Mara, Givency and all the top brands just two blocks away. Would definitely stay again.

• Classic Room

Excellent location, plenty of varying attractions within walking distance, as well as restaurants within walking / taxi / uber distance at reasonable rates. Staff especially courteous and helpful as well. Will definitely visit again

• Classic Room

The breakfast menu and staff needs uplift in such a great looking room.

The decor and feeling of homeliness.Location was awesome and the staff helped us with early checkin.

• Classic Room

Construction next door. Will be closing for redo in 2018. Worth the wait to rebook when done.

Very friendly front desk personnel. Good, new bathrooms. Great water pressure. Best possible location.

• Two Adjacent Classic Rooms

We would love if it stays like it is, with no changes!

Excellent location between Champs Elysées and Place de l’Alma. Classy, old-style interior design, comfortable rooms and cheerful personnel.

• Classic Room

I faced a problem that the property was not up to my expectations ( value for mony was not right at all ). When I tried to check out the front desk supervisor (lady) was very rude and insisted that I must stay for the whole period inspirte of the instructions by booking.com that clarifies in case of check out I must inform the property before 12 noon the day before the check out date. She insisted that I must stay for at least 5 night as my rate is based on a package price and she tidied to intimidate me. I want also to clarify that the staff was very nice except for the supervisor.

• Classic Room

Not exactly my favourite location, but for many others it may be the best one. I bit weird was to have the super-big key-holder with the key and use not a magnetic card, but an old-styled key. You never put this to your pocket.

Once upon a time, this was probably a top notch hotel. Now it looks a little tired. They told that it will undergo major refurbishment in 2019. Nevertheless the bed was excellent so were most of the other things. So eventually I was rather happy with the experience.

At the moment there are constructions nearby the hotel so it can be a little noisy.

The breakfast was good and staff very kind. The location is great for sightseeing as you can walk to many places nearby and also enjoy some shopping too. Hotel is little old but neverthless clean and comfortable.

The property is tagged as 4 star hotel, but to me it is 2 star property

Location of Hotel is superb, 5 min walk to Champs elysees and 20 min walk to Eifel tower

Nothing -

A wonderful location in the 8th. Restaurants galore, coffee shops, and a wonderful little local bar across the street. In-room coffee/tea service, English TV channels, friendly and helpful staff. Easy walk to the sights, shopping, metro, and all things Paris. Walk to George V, Champs Elysees, Seine River, Eiffel Tower, Louve, etc. High end shopping at end of street - get your inner Chanel on! Love this hotel and highly recommend to anyone.

• Classic Room

Very small room . Bathroom a bit outdated . Only one lift available & it is very small

Location &a parking near by (Marbouf) Staff was very cooperative

• Classic Room

Construction is ongoing at hotel but we were gone before they started and they were gone when we got back, so did not impact our stay.

Location was excellent, great food next door, easy acess to metro and sights. Staff amazing, friendly, helpful.huge, clean rooms.

• Classic Room

The noise coming from the works next door first thing in the morning. The staff did move us after we complained. The breakfast wasnt included in the price although upon check in we were led to believe it was. Consequently I paid $50 for a cup of coffee one morning!!!!! When I spoke to the reception about this they didnt do anything to compensate.

Comfy bed and the drapes kept the light out well

• Superior Room

Having to leave the key at reception every time you leave to go out was a bit of a pain. No restaurant on-site meaning no room service. For this kind of money and 4 stars, I expected a little more. While this is close to most of the major tourist attractions, I found myself walking a lot back to the more happening part of town about 30 minutes away.

The location is extremely central to The Eiffel Tower and the Champs-Élysées meaning if you are up for a night out or wanting to check out the Crazy Horse show, it's only a few minutes to get back to your hotel. The room I had was quite spacious with a huge bathroom area with bath and twin sinks. Hotel bar was quite cute and had a small selection of decent spirits.

• Superior Room

Furniture in room could use some updating and remain in theme of hotel

Staff was excellent. Hotel location is convenient for pleasant walks to all of the major attractions. Numerous restaurants in the area.

• Classic Room

Shower head was leaking, tap in the sink as well. Because of that the tap was very hot to touch at first.

Central Location, Reception Service, service of an early breakfast in the room, bed, silence

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Superior Room

Mindful the bathtub is a big step up! Shower head a bit dated.

Wonderful stay, staff were friendly and helpful, cute little bar downstairs for a pre dinner drink. Room was big (for Paris!) had everything we needed. Great restaurants nearby.

• Classic Room

Not so convenient for mobile charger. No charger near the bed.

Stay here for 6-night business trip. The breakfast is quite good, but if there has a day selection (special for the day) will be better. Because we have 6 same breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Classic Room

I have to say that room 32... the bathroom fan needs to be fixed sorry guys.. I know that is not bad.. the only thing I would say.. and this is weird.. if your sitting on the toilet and need to get paper.. prepare to stand up to get it... hahahahaha yes that is only thing I could even think of that is bad about this hotel... awesome place.. especially if you can get a good deal.... do it..

Ok, so I will have to say the front desk staff is excellent.. especially the early morning shift dude.. I have to admit I would think he probably has heard it all but still put up with us tourist.. great guy and you can see he really tries.. I just would love to hear what he says about us all when he goes home and has a few glasses of wine but great guy and good staff. The rooms are just like the photos and clean and very nice.. The locations.. is in the heart of the city and you could not ask for a better location if the heart is what you want..

• Classic Room

Their was construction going on n it use to start very early morning n there was no notice on the hotel or o. The website it was very anoing could not sleep well in the morning I complained n no response from the management not happy

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Superior Room

We got the ground floor room which did not have a view. Our door is right next to breakfast area which is a bit noisy. Can not control the heat, had to open the windows to lower the heating.

Location is near the champs elysees. Clean hotel and great room size.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Classic Room

bed is too small street noise in un-bearable heating is too warm

location lovely four stars boutique hotel staff are very friendly and always cheerful room size is just perfect

• Superior Room

Shower head was too small by today standards There are heavy works ongoing ( was there 17 March 2017) on the building next door during office hours (during the week)

Discounted 50% Shower was nice (except the shower head was too small by today standards)

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Classic Room

I found it weird the hotel closes the main door after midnight this is good for security but if your planning to go back late to the hotel you need to ring a bell for one of the staff to open the hotel door for you. This was a bit annoying but safety wise its good.

Loved everything. I did not expect the rooms to be big and extremely clean. The hotel is in a good location easy access to everything, the staff were supurb. Worth every penny:)

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Classic Room

they only provide complementary water in the first night

its location very close to the active street Shamps Elyssey and some other sights and shops..the staff at the receiption were very kind and supportive with smiles

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

The description of the advertised rooms was appalling and not consistent with the booking confirmation. We paid for a triple room for three adults with three twin beds. On arrival there were two single beds and a child size roll-away bed placed across feet of the single beds. Upon complaining about this situation we were informed that this was the only option available a triple room. The only option offered by the hotel was additional single room at a cost of an additional 1000 euros to us. We paid for a triple room plus an additional single room without any adjustment to our original contract.

Location and quality of hotel was excellent

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Classic Room

They changed our room to accommodate us to two twins for my daughter and I, but put us right next to the construction next door. The jackhammer was so lud we could barely hear each other speak and our bodies vibrated from the jackhammer, not good. I would not put ANYONE in those rooms near the construction until it is complete.

Lovely staff and wonderful accommodations, we will return in the spring.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Superior Room

Rooms were well appointed and absolutely beautiful with hardwood cabinetry and marble counter in the bathroom. The bed was like sleeping in my own personal cocoon with a lovely mattress feel and a soft as a cloud duvet. It was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The staff was friendly and courteous and speaking english was not a problem.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Classic Room

Room wasn't ready for 3pm. We arrived slightly early at 2.35pm but weren't able to get in to the room until 3.30pm. We were offered a coffee whilst we waited - which we said yes to - but this never appeared. Keys to the room too chunky, and I don't like leaving the key at reception when out.

Room a good standard. Great location for all the tourist spots. Great restuarants nearby where you get a little extra bit for your money. Got the room on offer and it was definitely value for money (not sure I would pay full price)

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Classic Room

Breakfast in nice atmosphere however price too high considering offer and choice

Friendliness of personnel Style of hotel Location close to Champs Elysées

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Classic Room

Well some of the staff members were not very polite. One of them made a stupid joke on the day of our arrival. I accept it as it is not a five star hotel.

The room was good, but the view from the window was not. The hotel it self is small and comfy. Located pretty close to the shopping street. Very silent location. (Not so croudy)

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Hotel rooms were very warm even with the air con on full!

Very relaxed, quiet boutique style hotel. Staff were friendly and very helpful. The location is terrific, few minutes walk to the Champs Elysees and about 15-20 mins to the Eiffel Tower - which we could view from our room! :) There are plenty of restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel - Pierre & Jean-Paul being one that serves exceptionally high quality food (but at a price!) to Chez Andre (across the road) that is a bit less formal but decent all the same.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Superior Room

Can't really fault anything!

Nice comfortable room of good size for Paris. Nice bathroom in which everything worked with very comfortable bath. Excellent location.

• Superior Room

Walking distance to all "must see" in the center of Paris. The room was very nice with a balcony, spacy and surprisingly quite. Staff very friendly and helpful Breakfast good

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Superior Room

At the end of our stay we were charged with refreshments we did not consume and could not have the charge taken off.

Extremely professional staff! Very nice room and the location was excellent as there was plenty of restaurants and shopping within a 10 minute walk. Beautiful views of the Eiffel Tower within a short walking distance. We only had to take a taxi to get to and from the airport.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

There is construction going on with the work starting around 8:30 am. We were on the 3rd floor. Loud banging noises on the floor above or on the roof.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Classic Room

Could have had a proper hairdryer rather than a classic hotel bathroom machine but probably not an issue for most people.

great location. very helpful staff. elegant. peaceful. clean rooms.

The A/C must be improve for the very big room.

The room, in the 6th floor was fantastic, and the personal very dedicated with the guest.

• Two Adjacent Classic Rooms

Staff was wonderful, extremely friendly and helpful.

• Classic Room

The shower was not too good.

Excellent location and very helpful & friendly staff.

• Classic Room

Small and intimate location fantastic

Noise

Some of the staff were helpful

Staff rudeness

Location and room neatness

Cosy n near to food shopping perfect location

no english movie chanels

Location,staff,clean

Style location

Amazing. Nothing to not like

Service,staff,location.

• Classic Room

not enough options to charge equipment

staff was super helpful

• Classic Room

The showering needs to be updated

The location!

Nothing to fault

Excellent location, clean and professional/friendly staff

• Classic Room

Breakfast could be little cheaper and the view was not to good

Staff were lovely location perfect and even breakfast was good

• Classic Room

The shower is not closed.

Good attention to details such as suit stand and good tea selection.

Friendly Staff, comfortable room

Significant noise coming from the next building Abridging our stay and sleep.

I did not want to leave

Everything was excellent

• Classic Room

King bed had dip in the middle. probably two twins attached. Rather uncomfortable

• Superior Room

Everithing is fine in the hotel. First of all staff ,good breakfast,cleaness

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Superior Room

Lobby & staff (we didn’t feel that we are in 4 stars hôtel (specially the breakfast).

Location Location Location

• Classic Room

Everything was extra, even for a bottle of water (only free on the first day) was €5.50 when the rooms were every hot in the night

• Classic Room

Excellent location and near lots of attraction places

Very good hotel

• Superior Room

Friendly, helpful staff in a stunning hotel. Just a stone's throw from the Champs Elysees so location is ideal.

Excellent hitel

Great location helpful stuff

• Superior Room

The room serves people are not clean at all

• Classic Room

Everything the staff concierge were brilliant

• Classic Room

the breakfast and service is excellent. the bed is excellent.

We found all services in the hotel are excellent.

Browse Franklin Roosevelt traveller photo gallery