Reviews of Novotel Genève Aéroport France 4 stars

Route de Meyrin, 01210 Ferney-Voltaire, France

#4 of 9 hotels in Ferney-Voltaire

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

As the hotel has a lovely garden and terrace around pool it...
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

As the hotel has a lovely garden and terrace around pool it would be lovely if it was a lot cleaner for the view from the breakfast room. With regards to location (in France!), given the free shuttle service to Geneva airport only takes 10 minutes, it is fine, and very good value. Reaching Geneva main locations from the airport is easy with regular public bus.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

I hated it!
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

A member of the restaurant staff was so aggressive and rude that I abandoned the idea of having dinner at the hotel. A managler witnessed the incident and failed to intervene or apologise to me as a guest. The first room had a broken bedside table. When I asked to be moved the receptionist would not believe me until I took her to the room and showed her. Overall the hotel is tired and grubby. It needs a serious makeover and the staff lack the most basic hospitality training.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Excellent stay great for working at Palexpo conference Centre
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

Shuttle bus to and from the Palexpo conference centre was not always on time and was often waiting in the wrong place. Then on day three they had a diffent van altogether with no notification of change of colour when we asked for the return.

Staff, swimming pool, room, cleanliness. Overall excellent stay.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Enjoyed drinking a (very expensive) beer at the pool.
    • Superior Room with 1 Double bed and Sofa (3 adults)

I had higher expectations as I've always been a big fan of Novotel. This hotel does not have a lift and the breakfast was very poor. Our room was not serviced, the sleeper coach sagged and the toilet seat was broken.

Enjoyed drinking a (very expensive) beer at the pool.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Transit night that was both quiet and comfortable with 6:30am transport for my flight.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

Directions on where to be picked up from Geneva airport could have been a lot clearer. I used the direct line from Europecar rental on the French side of the airport and they did not offer any information on where I should meet the driver. After 1 hour I was able to get the directions from them. Not really the hotels fault but possibly could be averted by more clear directions.

Very quiet and clean. Free airport transportation. Nice bar, restaurant and pool. Friendly multilingual staff.

Great stay close to airport.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

Paper cups in the room and no milk. The room rate varied from 97 Euros to 229 Euros per day for the same week. Pure profiteering.

The room the shower. Tea and coffee. Quiet no noise. The staff very courteous and efficient. The airport shuttle 10 minutes to both airport and the Palexpo Exhibition Centre. The Brunch menu.

Amazing
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

My best hotel experience lately. Checkin was perfect. Staff extremely friendly and accommodating. We hadn't even checked in yet when they helped us book us on the free shuttle. Shuttle was always on time and special compliments to the driver Said, who was the most helpful, professional and friendly. Food was also very good and reasonably priced. Jerome from the restaurant is a good professional and very funny- my compliments for him too! The garden makes you forget you are on a business trip near the airport. It was all very calm and cosy. I will definitely return if I ever have to go to Palexpo and stay near GVA airport.

Handy family friendly hotel near airport
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Had to book Taxi to airport (less than 10mins) 35 euros ! as the hotel shuttle didn’t start early enough

Clean and comfy bed Long stay parking offered at reasonable price Handy cafe on site

Perfect place for vacation.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

1. The Airport Shuttle was not as regular as promised (every 30 minutes) and one has to call from the Geneva Airport many times. 2. Some Front Desk staff needs orientation to match the property.

1. The quite environment. 2. The welcome by a lady was excellent with lots of information in and around the property. 3. Perfect knowledge about the shopping centres and movements to & from town especially the Blackman at the Front Desk.

Excellent hotel and close to Geneva airport

nothing to complain about

Hotel was very comfortable for our nights stay and easily accessible for the airport. Transfers to and from the airport were great.

Perfect location of hotel with Leclerc ,Mcdonalds nearby and aeroport shuttle on demand (To & fro)
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The airport shuttle on demand. Clean rooms and bed linens and towels. Nice swimming pool. Mini fridge, television, Bluetooth speaker. Comfortable Bed for children and adults. Toys for children, friendly staff. Good air conditioning.

Brilliant good value place for a one night stop over from the airport.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Only a very small thing but the bathroom and toilet decor in our room could perhaps have been a bit better.

The hotel was very easy to find. The food was great - especially the breakfast buffet. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Enjoyed our stay, particularly good poolside breakfast with chickens at our feet!
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Pool is quite small, but enough for a splash this hot summer.

Breakfast at the pool side with chickens pecking up our crumbs - the children had a laugh and enjoyed the pool. Small room for four, but quite cosy.

Hotel no manner..not helpful. In crisis??
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The attude of some rseptionest, particularly the girl name Aurore..she did not have any manner and accuse the costumer...without she knows the reality..my 2 boys have food poisoning from eating hamburger in the cafe of the hotel they were vomiting and see are dairriah ..i did not complain to the authority..i only ask here in the night where every think close .. out side for some banana ...she said are u. going to accuse us of banana contaminated???....not helpful at all . In crisis .. even there maneger i told here she never did any thing...they speak in French where i could not understand...i do not think they like forighner in this hotel...

I like one resptionest name Ana's which help calling the emergency and translate to them about the boys conditions...at almost 11pm

Hopefully won't need to go back
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Staff were rude and unhelpful especially when asked if we could store luggage, we were told there was no space and then when eventually they did say okay they were put into a large meeting room not in use, with other bags already in it....asking to book a taxi seemed an inconvenience and for the approx 6to7 miles into old town cathedral cost us 55 euros. Hotel bar also expensive but standard for Geneva.

The breakfast was extremely good, handy to have a free shuttle from the airport...and there was an okay outside swimming pool for the kids.

Clean rooms.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

Breakfast was awful- no choice . Full of wasps on the food and everywhere . We arrived at 10:20 on Sunday when the breakfast was till 11 and they refused to bake croissants. The staff in the breakfast area were very rude and ignoring. No parking spaces. Nice swimming pool with no control from baywatch on screaming and jumping kids which leads you to no relaxation at all even when you swim.

Clean rooms. Responsive and communicative staff at the reception.

Lovely hotel

Had to wait 35 mins for shuttle bus when we were told 10mins. No lift

Staff very accommodating Food wonderful Pool clean and warm Toys for the children

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Good hotel for a short transit👍

There is not updates between staff members. We checked with one & then with next one he was asking again to check in although we were in the rooms already because he didn’t find our files on computer

For family traveling with kids: swimmimg pool size & garden ate great. Stafff are friendly & easyily accessible However rooms too small. I have knee inhury & requested No stairs. They gave me rooms on ground floor . They don’t have elevators Nice experience I will definitely revisit when i transit in geneva next trip

Good value stop over hote
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No lift so lugging heavy bag up stairs wasn't fun. SOfa bed in family room was 'cosy'.

Nice hotel all round, pleasant outdoor area, friendly helpful staff, handy for Geneva airport...

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

It's an airport hotel, so our expectations were...
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

It's an airport hotel, so our expectations were naturally very low. Happy to say it exceeded all of them. It's a surprisingly cool and well appointed place, and it even has a pool. And the room service was excellent.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Nice hotel away from Geneva rush hours

Everything is good

Aircondition is great in all rooms and it's enough for 4 so I book 2 rooms and they were cold and perfect atmosphere. Breakfast is excellent

Hotel not worth staying at!
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room was not clean. The family room was very little for 2 adults with 2 children. Room not worthy for a 4 star hotel. We will never stay here again, neither should you. Prices in the restaurant were expensive. 8.- Euros for a glass of wine? Furthermore 300.- CHF was stolen from our hotel room. Staff said that nobody entered our room except us....

The swimming pool was nice for the children.

Whether commencing your holiday or at the end of it a very peaceful and stressless hotel.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. They even carried our bags for us. The free shuttle service was a powerful draw card. Breakfast in the garden next to the pool was superb. The air conditioner worked well and the bed was very comfortable. Most appreciative for late check out due to our late flight. The hotel is close to a supermarket and a lovely cafe. We stayed a night at the beginning of our holiday and again six weeks later. Would recommend this hotel as a restful haven before a long haul.

Regular
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

They were not ready for us, the receptionist complained the reservation came from booking, and advised to do in Accor website directly. He couldn't find my name.

Bed average.

Disappointing.
    • Superior Room with 1 Double bed and Sofa (3 adults)

The en-suite toilet in our room smelt of urine. The breakfast room wasn’t very clean. The breakfast bowls hadn’t been washed properly and the floor was very sticky. The hot water for tea was left empty and the baked goods were stale. Very disappointing. We arrived at the airport late in the evening which meant our only way to the hotel was a taxi ride which cost 35chf. We had expected to be able to walk or get a free shuttle bus, the hotel is quite far from the airport. This added a significant extra cost to our travel expenses.

Very friendly staff.

My stay in novotel ferney voltaire
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

First day I had to wait to the front desk until the receptionist finished his mobile talk... he didn't bother to say I will be right back to you... he was a Hispanic guy so rude

There was a Senegalese guy in the front desk he was so nice, helpful and friendly also I liked the price and location

Hotel was fine - watch out for rogue taxi drivers.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

I was travelling for a business trip and they were unable to provide me with an iron (after asking in the evening and also again in the morning). They should ask guests to return them when they are finished with them so they are available to other guests. I also asked reception to arrange a taxi for me but the taxi driver that arrived tried to rip me off (double the expected fare and hid the meter until I complained about the fare) and also did not have a card machine which I had specifically requested (and therefore had to pay for the detour to the ATM). This reflects poorly on the hotel for not using a reputable taxi company.

The hotel itself was fine and comfortable with large rooms and it had a decent bar area. Free shuttle from the airport to the hotel was very convenient.

There was no lift :-(
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

There was no lift :-( I heard a lot of noice all night from someone in a neigbouring room being sick and throwing up during the nigh. Sounded just like it was in my room, very unpleasant experience!

Requested a room with a view of the garden as it was a gift...
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Requested a room with a view of the garden as it was a gift for a special occasion. Hotel confirmed this. They were put in a room with a carpark, I wrote to query this and they confirmed for me that they would sort it out, but actually didn’t even attempt to do this. Didn’t like breakfast being automatically added to the bill on day 2 when it wasn’t taken. Didn’t like €100 Euro being put onto bill (in case the bar was used)

If it was a 3 star hotel it would have been amazing..as 4 star is bellow expectations..
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

Breakfast is alright but not goid value for money ..for 17 euro I was ecpecting something better...

If you are there for tge geneva auto show ..its good location.

Worked well for us, good value, comfortable room, area up and coming
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

noise from bar in Hotel was very loud and woke us from our sleep. I went to complain and the receptionist I spoke to didn't care saying 11pm wasn't late for music to be playing. We were really tired and could have done without the disturbance. Shame the shuttle bus didn't come when promised. I would call the hotel directly next time, so much quicker and less hassle

We chose this hotel because of location to Geneva airport, shuttle bus and price. We did as were directed and went to the car hire place at airport to use the free phone to ask for shuttle bus to pick us up. We were on hold to this line for 20 minutes and when we got through they said to go to area in front of hotel to wait for it to arrive. After an hour waiting I called the hotel directly and they sent the shuttle bus within a few minutes. Message hadn't got through. Room was fine and comfortable. Good value for money. Right across road from shopping mall and large supermarket, Macdonalds and the most beautiful Fruit and Vegetable shopping mall I have ever seen. Gorgeous selection, many I haven't seen before and all a wonder to view. Bakery, Butchers and Cheese were amazing too. Worth walking up to the village as very pretty. Area is having lots of development so good to have somewhere to go if you were hanging around like we were for a day and night. Enormous chickens were roaming around the patio area which was slightly random!

Ordinary, basic
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No lift. Rooms basic, in desperate need of refurbishment. Restaurant very ordinary.

Staff helpful, airport shuttle provided, breakfast okay, pub area nice

The restaurant was very busy on the Saturday night.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The restaurant was very busy on the Saturday night. There were clearly not enough staff. They were trying very hard but the delay to eating was long. The food itself was good but it was a long wait!

A warm welcome in the middle of a long trip
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

There are no fitness facilities. To reach and/ or to go back on your way you end up entering into Switzerland and thus you need to have or to buy the Swiss highway sticker.

The staff was very helpful.. The restaurant area.

good value local airport hotel
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

we were a group of 16 - the hotel advertised airport transfers - we had to travel in two separate groups ( 8 each) this meant 8 of us were very early to the airport as they only run every half hour. this could have been better communicated

Helpful receptionist, modern room and facilities - outside of main Geneva town but easy to take bus and tram into central Geneva and the Lake

Very convenient for Airport, great Receptionist, Bed & Breakfast. I will return.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No free Shuttle bus after 2100hours. Unable check Bar (too tired).

Reception Staff excellent.Arrived 2330(late due aircraft malfunction @ Schipol). GreatRoom/Bed asleep 2345! Wake up on time, HUGE Breakfast, Shuttle bus to airport very comfortable.

Convenient for Geneva Airport (15mins).I will be back.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The delay the North-African family made to my 0445 Taxi departure. DO NOT AGREE TO SHARE ANY TAXI IF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC CHECK-IN TIME!!! Not able to check out the Resturant/Bar facilities . Shuttle bus only operates 0700-2100.

In Novotel for only 7.5 hours. Was catching KLM Flt dep @ 0700.Hotel 15mins from Airport, taxi E37cheap. Great bed & Shower facilities. Staff coped well with English French.Rapid Check In & Out.

Good location, small rooms.
    • Superior Room with 1 Double bed and Sofa (3 adults)

Last shuttle from airport is at 1030 am, first shuttle in the morning is a 630 am. If you have a late arriving or early departing flight, you will need to take a taxi (35 CHF each way). The rooms are tiny. Fine for one person, but for two, you will want to be efficient in packing and use the foyer to store anything you won't absolutely need. The breakfast is expensive. You'll do better to walk across the street to Grand Frais.

Great location. Grand Frais market across the street is a bonus if you want to buy groceries. The hotel and room was clean. Room was also quiet.

Too much kids running around in the restaurant and it's not a play ground
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I paid my room 1 month before, upon my arrival on the 28th December the receptionist asked me for my credit card , she said it's formalities and she will not deduct any amount on it. When i checked out on the 31st Dec 2017 , i asked her if she deducted any amount on my credit card she said no. After 3 days i got my statement and she has removed 200 Euro . I called the hotel and there was a rude , arrogant guy at the receptionist. He has no customer service at all. He even cut me off on the phone. I asked him to refund me my payment . He said he refund it on the 03/01/18 but till now i have not received it. The customer service is very bad and i will never go this hotel again. Too much kids running around in the restaurant and it's not a play ground

Breakfast is good

The hotel staff on reception and the shuttle were amazing...
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff at breakfast weren’t quite so on the ball. They didn’t do anything to help or clean up or keep the food topped up.

The hotel staff on reception and the shuttle were amazing and incredibly helpful.

Overall I wouldn’t stay here again.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

A very uncomfortable bed, chewing gum on toilet floor, a finger nail in the bathroom, mini fridge was smelly, no proper duvet on the bed (it’s middle of winter, thin excuse of a blanket just won’t do), restaurant terribly overpriced: my son’s fruit salad was half an apple cut up in tiny pieces with two segments of orange, all for a about 6€ (!). Although breakfast was ok overall, there was a stove provided to fry eggs, there was no oil so I had to scrape one of the eggs out of the pan which defeates the purpose and to add to it pan’s handle was scolding hot with no oven mitt or anything provided to hold it.

Tasty food at the restaurant on site, multi lingual staff, a toy for each of my kids on arrival was an excellent touch.

Convenient, good value but property a bit tired.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

This particular Novotel is below average for the chain. The rooms are a bit tired as it looks like it was originally designed to be more of a budget concept for the Accor group and only recently upgraded to Novotel. The restaurant food was overpriced for what we got - much better to take a taxi into Ferney-Voltaire for a meal. The Crowne Plaza on the Swiss side is nicer but more expensive - you get what you pay for.

The location was convenient to the Geneve Aeroport, with supermarkets and other shops very close by.

Good for transit , free airport shuttle
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast was ok, poor service. No refill were done!

Free airport shuttle - on demand, Close to airport. We were coming back from Chamonix and flying to London from Geneva - so good location for airport. Got the hotel free shuttle to Airport, left the luggage at airport facilities ( 10CHF for XL locker - 6 hrs ) and then spent the day in Geneva before catching the evening flight!

Good location for fast access to the French side of the airport (as well as Swiss)
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room was perfect for 2 adults, 2 children. Very clean. Loved the free wifi, fast enough for a relaxed early evening watching Netflix. Very friendly staff. The breakfast was not early enough for our 6:30am flight (opens at 7am) but who wants to eat at those hours anyway. It would have been nice though if the shuttle service to the airport would have started before so we could have returned our rental car a day earlier. Shuttle service starts at 6:30am but that was not nearly early enough for our early flight..... That was the only flaw on our stay though, the location is excellent, especially if you want to get to the French side of the airport (I always get nervous in Geneva with the French/Swiss sides, not so easy to get to the French side while car rental is far cheaper there), a very straightforward 6 minute drive.

Considering the high price of Geneva, this is a good choice.

The room size was smaller than I thought.

i have booked hotel to visit Geneva. even though there is France, I feel uncomfortable to go Geneva. Shuttle is very useful to come back to hotel or go out to Geneva. And I took a bus from downtown of Geneva to hotel. Considering the high price of Geneva, this is a good choice.

Airport shuttle, wifi.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

We would not say that it's 4 star hotel. The pillows are not very comfortable. The personal is very standardized in service without any personal attitude. We wanted to order dinner for our late arrival, the receptionist transferred the call to the hotel restaurant, where the personal had difficulties to understand that we wanted to order meals by phone and it had to be prepared to our late arrival (22.30). Otherwise we could stay without dinner, as there were only snacks after 22.30, that's the only information the personal of the restaurant was keeping on telling us. The breakfast is fine thought hard to cook eggs without any scoop or oil. Very poor water pressure at shower.

Airport shuttle, wifi.

The staff at reception were helpful.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

When I spoke over telephone to the hotel's reception staff to convey that I would reach Geneva Airport Railway Station by 8pm, I also asked how to reach the hotel. That is when I was told that the hotel vehicle would come to pick me from Geneva Airport. We were neither aware nor told by the hotel staff at reception that the airport hosts both Swiss and France sectors. The information provided by the hotel staff was inadequate to reach the spot (at the airport), where we were to be picked up. We had to figure it out on our own - it was indeed difficult.

The staff at reception were helpful.

It was OKish only for a single night.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The AirCon was not working in the room. Daytime it can get real hot in Geneva and no aircon seems problematic. When I complained about it - I got the response that due to the fact it is cold in the night time , they do not operate AirCon during daytime . What??????

I liked the dact it is very close to the airport. That is extremely convenient for early flights. The staff was extremely hospitable and tried to answer each and every question with accuracy and promptly.

I really enjoyed my stay! Thank you for your consciousness ;)

Room : It was us who installed the extra bed and asked for extra towels and pillows. Transport : We waited at the airport for 45mins to take a shuttle. I was with my family who just arrived at the airport after a long flight. I called more than 3 times to confirm if the shuttle is really coming. They said yes it does, but it came after 45mins we called and no apolozize. No really appreciable...

Perfect Breakfast!!! I really enjoyed it. Of course the dinner as well. Thanks a lot to Jerome.

Good Location - Poor Room
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

The hotel is very old. As it tends to be, the reception area has been renovated but the room doesn't deserve even 3 stars ! Breakfast - poor selection.

Location - close to the airport

Location only!
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

checking in at reception!!! Very rude ... Unprofessional... Instead of greeting and welcoming, simply arguing and making us wait for more than an hour till we recieved our room... I then checked in at 3 or 4 other novotels during the same trip... And yes enjoyed every second ... Staff was simply superb... except for this specific novotel... The greeting at the entrence simply ruined our stay there...

Location only!!!

Better hotel choices around the airport, take a pass on this property
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hotel needs a complete renovation, the furnishings, carpet, and amenities are worn out. The hotel does not have a lift, if you are on the second floor be prepared to carry your luggage upstairs.

Friendly, helpful staff

Good for a one night stop over
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

Breakfast staff, weren't very polite, too involved with their private chit chat!!

Staff in the restaurant in the evening where more than helpful, very polite, nothing was too much effort to please us, charming and funny. The rooms were spacious and bed was comfortable.

Good staff with good attitude, nice to the children.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

Good staff with good attitude, nice to the children. Big family room with very good bed and the extra bed var good. Activities for the children; toys, pool, chicken and tabletennis board.

Good bed and bluetooth speaker in the room.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

For some reasons, the stuff refuses to fill the coffee machine with milk, so you can not make a cappuccino for breakfast.

Good bed and bluetooth speaker in the room.

Ok for one night, the hotel needs renovations.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The air conditioning in the room was very poor. It hardly cooled the room. The bathroom was old and the hallway carpet looked in need of changing. It was not very impressive.

The pool area itself was fine but the lawn around the pool was poorly maintained. Grasa was not tidy and there were no garden furniture to sit out there.

I like this Hotel because of the calm, green environment,and the airport shuttle....only 15/20min
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

Staff were very cool in the morning.....very unusual to have such a nondescript welcoming and farewell. I certainly felt they weren't happy...maybe because Booking.com gave me an excellent price for this stay!...or else it was too early in the morning? 7.30am

I like that this Hotel offers the Airport Shuttle...very efficient. Also I like the environment of trees, grass, hens, away from houses and shops......fairly quiet, although more background noise this time but still a very good option to get a good night's sleep before a long flight.

The interior is a bit old , passages need a improvement ,...
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

The interior is a bit old , passages need a improvement , and no elevator. So close to the airport not very convenient , when having large quantities of luggages.

Amazing food, the burgers here are great.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

We didn't see any staff wearing uniform, made them look scruffy and unable to tell who was staff. No name badges either so I can't tell names of who was good. The transfer driver spoke zero English, for this kind of hotel I'd expect some English or at least him to have a card with basics. Menu in the restaurant despite being a large company is full of spelling mistakes surprises Novotel let that happen.

Amazing food, the burgers here are great. All the staff we met were nice and friendly. They held the restaurant open for us as we were running late. Facilities for kids were great.

Loved the swimming pool, the Gourmet Bar, the Playground,...
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room is a bit too small for 2 children, but the outdoor amenities made up for it (we were lucky we had a great weather), but it was OK for just one night.

Loved the swimming pool, the Gourmet Bar, the Playground, the hens wandering around, the staff who were super friendly, the games and comics available for kids, only 10 minutes away from the airport.

We stayed here twice, at the beginning and end of our European vacation. No one offered us the free
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The dinner options in the restaurant were quite limited and the wait staff not very attentive. The room was a bit small for a family of four but do-able.

All in all, the hotel was fine for a night or two. Relatively clean, courteous staff, kids entertainment in lobby.

Fantastic hotel for an overnight stay on the way to France.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was excellent, shuttle bus collected us promptly from.the airport. Pool a great way to unwind after a day's travel.

Convenient location for early flights, though shuttle to the...
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The restaurant in the hotel was not to our taste, though we were not charged for a dish we didn't like and were offered a discount for two dishes that were served very late. Room and bathroom was not very clean.

Convenient location for early flights, though shuttle to the airport starts at 6:30. Staff is service-minded. Shuttle service is efficient.

Great value for money & bonus pool!
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Surly reception staff who were not exactly helpful and dealt with any request as if they were doing us a real favour by dealing with it...

Close to Geneva, peaceful oasis in urban environment. Good restaurant.

I expected more from Novotel! ;/
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Dirt, filth in the bathroom, I could bunch of hair in the bathtub dust very well exposed by the light, it looked like a train bathroom, small and made of plastic. Beds really uncomfortable for 4 star hotels, room smelled with cigarettes. Poorly renovated, who has popcorn walls in 2017! I expected more from Novotel. Men were a lot nicer at the reception desk than women.

It had a pool, excellent restaurant staff,breakfast was decent, shuttle service.

Please improve your breakfast services
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very poor breakfast. Most of the stuff ran out and never refilled. Very poor services- cutlery and crockery was dirty, didn't even get a cup of tea of my choice.

Liked the room.

Not much.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

Food and price at the restaurant.

Not much. Very expensive food at the restaurant. Waitress made a mistake with the credit card machine and charged me twice for the same meal. Extremely hard to find as there appears to be no street address. GPS could not find it.

Clean room, helpful and friendly junior staff.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There is no elevator in the hotel. Unfriendly manager that asked us to avoid eating a sandwich in the garden of the hotel.

Clean room, helpful and friendly junior staff.

Great for layover, but not for vacation
    • Superior Room with 1 Double bed and Sofa (3 adults)

Location is not easy to find. It's close to the Geneva airport, but no restaurants and shops around the hotel within walking distance. It's great for layover close by the airport, but not for leisure vacation

Great breakfast, friendly staff and lots of parking space

The airport shuttle had really made things easy for us.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The airport shuttle had really made things easy for us. We stayed for 3 nights. Every morning the shuttle used to drop us to the airport and in the evening it used to pick us up. From their one could get good bus connections for the city as well as trains connections for the whole country. The two shuttle drivers Saeed and Karim were excellent.

Great location for families, close to shopping centers.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

On the last day which was a Sunday the breakfast was not as good, with many things missing or not fresh. We got the feeling that as many people leave today we dont care. Additionally the shuttle service runs once every hour which I think is not enough. We were planning on using the shuttle and at the end we were forced to use our car to go to the airport because the shuttle was full.

Very good service very accommodating personnel, immediately satisfied our requests. The breakfast was very nice. Great location as well close to shopping centers.

NOT in a GOOD SHAPE
    • Superior Room with 1 Double bed and Sofa (3 adults)

There was no pool ! The hotel was not ready for hosting. One young woman in the reception was rude and not helpful. The another youn woman was O.k. In the breakfast there were not enough sorts of cheese... the responsible woman for the breakfast said "IT WAS FINISHED" and did not bring anything else to eat.

The part of the garden, that was not in a decoration phase.

Unfriendly staff .. filthy rooms
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed & 1 Sofa (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff was soooo unfriendly and even rude in many occasions. We stayed for two nights and they haven't cleaned the rooms during the entire stay despite our request. The pictures are deceitful.. the room looks nothing like the pictures. The bathtub was dirty and it's ceiling tiles have fallen.

They have some games for the kids and it is somewhat family friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The worst experience with booking.com
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Size Bed (2 Adults)

Everything Very bed location related to town of Geneva Very expensive taxy from town or airport to Novotel Shuttle provided by hotel working from 06.30 to 22.00 only so I hed to pay 35 euro for arriving to airport during night I want to point out I booked this hotel due to the proximity oh the hotel to airport

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Storage support was very helpful

Booking.com seemingly didn't didn't communicate our room modification from some weeks before the stay, so it led to confusion and resolution with both parties on arrival as booking.com had to become involved and authorise.

Storage support was very helpful