Reviews of Grand Hotel 5 stars

45 boulevard de la Croisette, Cannes City-Centre, 06400 Cannes, France

#43 of 103 hotels in Cannes

• Prestige Room with Sea View

It would be nice to add complimentary drinking water.

The location was exceptional straight on beach front and only walking distance to main attractions. The room with a sea view was very specious and clean. Took room 660 with a view on the sea and the main lounge. The staff were friendly.

• Panoramic Room with Jacuzzi

Property needs to be renovated, including the rooms. It’s like you are travelling back to the 90’s. We had a suite with jacuzzi on the balcony. The water was dirty and the tiles were coming off and sharp. Cleaners left their chemicals in the room. No water for one afternoon. Shower is awful. Beds are small. And they don’t bother to collect the breakfast menu from the door. Oh, and be prepared for the mini bar prices. €10 for a small pot of 30 pistachios (yes, I did count them). There are far better hotels to stay in, don’t waste your money by staying here.

Location is perfect

• Deluxe Room with City View

The room had been closed for months the mold smell was terrible even with the window open. The door was not closing when I arrived. There were ant traps in the room. Is not a 5 star hotel at all.

La localitzacio

• Deluxe Room with City View

The service itself could be improved, especially at LaPlage 45. The service team at the beach should ask more frequently regarding drinks. Restrooms at the beachclub needs renovation. The Hotel bar closes too early (before 11 p.m.) anyway a nice waiter offered us to bring drinks from the restaurant. No complimentary water in the room nor tea/coffee facilities. I am an SLH member but I finally booked via booking.com because the rates have been much better.

The breakfast has been very nice with a lot of choices. Spacious rooms. Nice garden area, cool design and own beachclub La Plage 45

• Deluxe Room with City View

It was everything we were looking for.

The service was impeccable. Anthony was the stand out for us who went the extra step at each opportunity to accommodate us all.

• Deluxe Room with City View

The bathroom is really outdated, but the whole hotel needs an update to 2018. the internet was not working at all, and on the terrace of the restaurant there is no wifi. Also, very pricey.

its at the Croisette, so the location is awesome.

• Deluxe Room with City View

No email to confirm my booking. No email when I called to confirm. The room - 870 a night - was not sea front facing as in the (non refundable) internet booking. I left a night early. Allan Scott

• Deluxe Room with City View

The Lady at the Reception who greeted me on my arrival on 29th April (at around 10 AM), was not very friendly, neither she did her best in giving me early check-in despite writing emails in advance, nor was very forthcoming about information about the city and other things-she sounded a bit inflexible in terms of preference for room as well, generally how the hotel staff greets you and comforts you on arrival goes a long way in having that initial impression about the property considering you are shelling extra bucks to stay at the star properties (I mentioned to her that I was very tired after last night travel and also had not slept) But overall her colleagues were much better than her in terms of engaging with the people and

Good Location

• Deluxe Room with City View

Some of the fitments a bit shaky, tap came off, lamp did not work and TV a bit temprmental

Good value hotel out of the conference season, great location so central to restaurants, shops and beach

• Prestige Room with Sea View

They had one elevator only for guests so when it gets crowded the waiting time will be long but during our stay that didnt cause an issue

The staff were very helpful with whatever we needed at even the very late night. I got sick during my stay and the staff were extremely helpful with bringing fruits at a very late night hour and easing my sickness. They speak english very well and they gave us plenty of dirdctions on what to do around the area and where to go.

• Prestige Room with Sea View

There should be a more discount to hotel clients at the hotel beach 45. The price was too high. There was no gym at the hotel. On the way back to the airport I booked a taxi at the reception. It costed 99 euros whereas when I had come by myself from the airport by taxi I paid 85 euros. That was a minor nuisance.

Free Wifi was suberp. I have never seen such a fast free wife speed in any other hotel. Room service and staff were perfect. The balcony and view is great if you stay at a room looking at the sea.

• Deluxe Room with City View

The bathroom is really awful, just for a motel maximum, like a cell, 1 square metre without air conditioning, old items inside and absolutely not for a family. The concierge is polite but needs to take more information. We found more & better than they recommended. We returned by car from a tour and we found la Croisette closed due to fire works and we entered the parking behind the hotel after 50 minutes looking for another way to approach; they could have provided information when we took the car from the hotel. Such information makes the difference if you want to be thoughtful.

The Hotel Restaurant "45" is excellent; breakfast is amazing French selected & tasty. The staff was very very polite. Excellent location and the beach front. You have to make a boat trip. Fantastic place.

• Deluxe Room with City View

All, very dirty , the room smelling cigarettes, hosting impolite., toilet very tigh , take away food in the colidoor ! Disaster for a 5 star!

Very dirty hotel, very no professional staff, it made our first day of vacation as a disaster and we left the day after

• Prestige Room with Sea View

tired hotel and furniture. chambermaids have attitude if you let them wait to clean the room. staff always have something better to do than to serve your needs.

just the location. the hotel is old. one lift to serve 11 floors. no proper valet parking (only during daytime) and you have to get out of the car and ring a bell as you enter and exit the hotel every single time.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Great location the best staff anywhere. Really friendly place. Hotel decor was a little too retro for my taste and the hotel is missing a pool. I would love to come back to this hotel and to the wonderful city of Cannes.

• Deluxe Room with City View

There were no facilities for guests to shower if they have a late flight. This would influence my decision to stay in the hotel again.

The location and views. The outside area was very nice in the evening before dinner.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Bathroom was a little tired. The breakfast was expensive... 'top tip' within 2 mins walk are several lovey cafes where you can breakfast. Sames goes for Tea & coffee in the hotel bar.

Fantastic location, couldn't wish for better, beach to the front and some great restaurants/bars just to the back of the hotel and left.

• Deluxe Room with City View

We had travelled with young members of the family, a swimming-pool would be perfect.

The location and the breakfast was perfect. Rooms were large and clean. Staf was so friendly and helpful.

• Prestige Room with Sea View

I'm not keen on the 70's decor but I re-design every place I walk into - that's my job!

I don't want to tell you anything about this hotel....I want to keep it all to myself!🤣

• Prestige Room with Sea View

Poor service and selection for breakfast, no water or drink making facilities in the room. Minimal discount for the associated beach. Inflexible with late checkout, just told it wasn't an option.

Great location and nice sea view

• Prestige Room with Sea View

The whole designe of the room is oldfashioned. The uniform of the staff made me feel like it is a cheap chinese designe and didnt give me the 5 star feeling. The parking was a pain to find it. They did confirm my parkingreservation and it looks like a safe place to park, but to find it? They could at least put some shilds where to go and also describe it and show it on a map. Interestingly we asked some lokals where is the Grand, half of them havent heard of it, the otherhalf pointed us to the wrong direction. Afer driving around and around we drove in through the main entrance. As we arrived late the nightporter had to drive then to the back of the hotel and park our car. They handled the situation very nicely. They should update the whole hotel if they claim themselves a 5 star property.

I liked the toiletteries in the bathroom. The view is nice from the room which has a seaview, the rest of the rooms I cannot imagine are good as at the back of the hotel there are some night clubs which are noisy. The concierge staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Deluxe Room with City View

Someone had previously smoked in the toilet and the thick smell of cigarette smoke had seeped into the walls so that going to toilet was always an awful experience due to the smell. We should've asked for another room immediately but we thought to just air out the room. Turned out that that didn't work at all and at that point we decided to just ride it through.

Good location, nice staff, spacious room.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Deluxe Room with City View

Missed the full height mirror in the corridor of the room

Perfect as usual, may be some renovations needed in the room, but it may destroy the charming atmosphere of the hotel, so I d rather keep it the way it is.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Deluxe Room with City View

The sound proof of the rooms, we could hear everything that happened in the next room, also doors closing in the hallway

Kindness of staff, big room, beach facilities

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Prestige Room with Sea View

Being very picky, the loungers on the balcony could have been more comfortable!

But an excellent location with super staff in a peaceful hotel with beautiful gardens.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• Deluxe Room with City View

3 star but not 5 star at all. Very old style bathroom that is faulty (leaky) & not clean. The privet beach is at exaggerated fee (per person) and not owned or run by the hotel.

Location is great. My son’s enjoyed the free hotel bicycles.

• Deluxe Room with City View

First of all, in the first day I was planning to do my schedule with the concierge, one of the staff was really really rude was standing in the concierge desk. I asked for a concierge and he told me well I cannot help you with anything if you want me to book for u and you have a list already you can give otherwise I cannot. He told me that they are just 2 people working there one lady in the reception called Rabab and this man. This man carry the bags, deliver for the room service, and also do the concierge job! He's not really a "concierge" he didn't benefit me with anything and talked to me in a rude way with no smile in his face and a red face that not willing to help. he even asked me about things that is NONE of his business! When I want to know about any place, city or want to reserve for something he look at me in a way he making fun of me asking me (are you really want to go to this far place why it's far!, also when I asked about the helicopter he making fun of me, and when I want to reserve for two restaurants in Monaco one at 9:30 and one at 12:30 he talked to me in a disrespectful way making fun of me like why you are going to the one at 12 am there are only drinks no food what you will do there? and how can you eat two times!! Resturant after resturant.. He's really rude and should study public relations and learn how to communicate with people. I do what I like I want to reserve a helicopter or want to reserve 5 restaurants a day I do what I like. I told him yes I want to see everything in my visit what's your problem! And many things happened with this disrespectful guy.

To be honest I didn't like anything. The hotel and the staff service were really awful and disappointed. This is not a 5 stars hotel! This is probably a 3 stars hotel!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Deluxe Room with City View

The bathroom was very small and the shower was horrible. Water didn't outflow correctly which ended up in having a lovely pond right in the shower. The toilette is located inside the bathroom in a separate super tiny "room". Claustrophobia! I've stayed in 3-star hotels or motels that had better sanitations than this venue. Walls are paper-thin, too. Prepare yourself to wake up at 3am when some party people get back and walk back from the elevator to their room.

Decent sized room. Staff

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Prestige Room with Sea View

The staff were not very welcoming, reception in particular. We paid the extra to stay in a sea view room as we had stayed in this hotel the year before and enjoyed it hence returning.The room on this occasion was not very clean at all and smelt of stale smoke, cigarette burns in the carpet, the bed covers smelt of sweat. We complained on three separate occasions to reception but nothing was done to rectify. The rooms have a retro feel but really that is to disguise the fact that they just old and tired in need of full refurbishment. We will not be staying at Le Grand in the future nor recommending it to family/friends. Whilst we do not mind paying the premium to stay on the Croisette, you do at least expect better service all round and cleanliness.

the location is by far the best thing about this property.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Deluxe Room with City View

- Room was very old-fashioned and not worth the money or 5* rating. Bathroom was a joke - I didn't fit in the toiletroom as it was in a bathroom, in a separate ''room'' (if you can call this a room). It was the small things: no carpet at the bathroom floor (careful not to slip!), and the bathroom was probably renovated in 80's. - We had to wait for our room for 50 min as it was not ready. Not the way it should be in 5* hotel. But the stuff was lovely and we got complimentary drinks (and since the service was super, we forgot the delay of the room) - The room service. I honestly don't know why on earth they wanted to clean our room at 11 in the evening (when everyone is probably asleep?), but they even didn't knock properly and just came to our room without any warning (the standard is 3x knocking). That was super weird and not polite. We had to put the 'do not disturb' sign outside so that we would not get any night visitors. - One night the alarm got off in the middle of the night and didn't stop for about 10 minutes?!

+ The view from 7. floor (city view) was amazing. But probably if you get the room at lower floor, you will be looking at random parking space. + The garden at front of the hotel, best thing about this hotel. Rare thing at croisette. + The stuff. With a little exception (one of the ladies from reception was quite arrogant, but overall expression about the stuff was good. + Room was spacious as promised. But there are 'but's'..

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Deluxe Room with City View

More practical cabinet/counter space for cosmetics in the bathroom, as the space was minimal (compared to how large the closets are in the bedroom)...as well as softer lighting for when you wake up and need to go to the bathroom at night. The bright lighting can be very jarring.....

Loved practically everything actually. The hotel is clean and chic and so very centrally located. The rooms are large and comfortable, with lots of closet space - we took a room with city view - and windows that open (thankfully) so you don't have to breathe canned air-conditioned air!!! The bed and pillows are fantastic! Housekeeping does a terrific job. The car park has easy access (although a bit expensive at 25euros / day - but that's France!) Spent a wonderful day at the beach. The food and service there were excellent! The garden is perfect for an evening drink and the bartender is both extremely kind and very funny! All in all a VERY successful and happy holiday! will definitely come back again!!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Prestige Room with Sea View

A gym would have been good! But there is a great long promenade to jog along.

The staff were excellent - especially the guy who served in the bar. The room was spotless and overlooked the sea - I would recommend paying a bit extra for a balcony and sea view - well worth it!

La situation excellentes

• Deluxe Room with City View

Fantastic position on Croisette Promenade! Top Breakfast!

• Panoramic Room with Jacuzzi

A bit pricy, and old.

Excellant location

NOTHING

Every detail excellent!!

• Prestige Room with Sea View

The bed was quite hard to sleep on.

The bathroom products were of a high quality.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Breakfast finished a bit early

Room was very stylish breakfast was good staff v friendly and helpful

• Deluxe Room with City View

some loud people in other rooms

High End hotel on a top location ! Spacious rooms, great break-fast, quite venue and super service !

Need adapter with USB

Pleasant atmosphere, close to all amenities

Car parking fees

• Prestige Room with Sea View

The see view was really nice and the service was great

High breakfast price

comfortable room

• Deluxe Room with City View

the prices is should be less

i loved this hotel from A to Z

Location and staff

• Deluxe Room with City View

Wonderful staff that listened and responded in a professional and understanding way.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Badly decorated old fashioned Room with awful bathroom and wc. Inconsistent housekeeping services.

Great location with pleasant sea views.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Paying for breakfast parking and drinks

Beautiful view from the balcony

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Deluxe Room with City View

It would be nice to have tea and coffee facilities in the room.

The breakfast was to expensive to have.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Prestige Room with Sea View

The view is good and easy so the sea.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

The bed was comfy

• Deluxe Room with City View

Beware low cupboard doors that can scrape your shoes.

Lovely decor, big rooms.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Although it says that the hotel is disabled friendly, there are no disabled equipment in the rooms. Wheelchair users do not stay in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Tired 3 star at best.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Deluxe Room with City View

No tea and coffee making facilities in the room

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Cleanliness,

Location, location, locatio

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Prestige Room with Sea View

should provide free bottled water in rooms

great location. great balcony : quiet yet with perfect sea view

• Prestige Room with Sea View

Wonderful check in and responsive staff

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Deluxe Room with City View

Wifi is a bit bad around the room

Amazing location amazing view.. Spacious room !!

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

Value in Euro

Attentive staff

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Deluxe Room with City View

The breakfast is very good quality and the Stuff realy nice ,it Was my birthday and they sent us in room a nice letter and a bottle of Ruinart.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

Room service.

Exelent view, location

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

Insufficient charging points for all our modern gadgets( 2 times phone, camera, kindle, i- pad at least!)

Breakfast was exceedingly good but expensive.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

One problem was checking in.We were dropped by the taxi on the sidewalk in front of the hotel.The hotel entrance was set back quite a way from the street and we had to haul our luggage up to the lobby on our own.Only cars with special access were allowed on the driveway.

Staff responded immediately to any requests.Great location.Very comfortable rooms.Over all we were very pleased.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

No fitness center, or pool which is surprising for five star. Wifi intermittent and doesn't retain connection, no tea or coffee facility in room, TV so temperamental, limited restaurant facilities, noisy rooms not soundproofed.

Staff were fantastic and extremely courteous throughout.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

Now this is picky, but a hotel of this standard should have "soft closing" bedroom doors .... could hear many doors closing at night/early morning !

Situation - must have a room with balcony & sea view Private car park, with reasonable charges compared to some other hotels. Main restaurant excellent but also preferred atmosphere of many restaurants in side streets nearby - breakfast very good.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

1. The hotel is not direct at beach street. 2. The first night i had reach late and i could'nt sleep very since there was a lot of noise coming from the garden. They were cutting a big tree from morning to 3 PM using an electrical saw. 3. As a 5 star hotel they was no coffee machine. 4. I have made my booking so early and i had put higer floor preferred. Unfortuntly they put me in the first floor.

The location and the room size.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

the technical equipment in the room needs review.TV difficult to locate programmes easily andTV messaging service not in service>Telephone useless.Three outside messages not received.This has not improved over the last 3 visits/1 year.

Sitting on the balcony,it's the only reason we go there

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

Excellent location, large beautiful rooms with a great view, either of the water or the hills behind town. Private beach, restaurant is excellent. Staff is friendly and helpful. Whole hotel is kept immaculate,

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

Super-lux hotel with fantastique sea-view. We have been upgraded to the suit with huge terrace, jacuzzi and tall tree growing therein. Even though the booked sea-view room would also be sufficient. Best spot for Cannes vacation.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2015

The staff specially the concerge ther are really rude There is no 24\service!! I dont know whay its 5 stars hotel ! The concerge services are poor really ! I was looking for my bag and it was on the reseidnt concerge since 3 days and i didnt know that and they didnt check with thier collegues .. Last time to stay there ..

Location only

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

I didn't like the room service. The dinner menu was very small and not to my liking and it took forever for someone to collect the tray from the room.

Very comfortable hotel and cosy.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

Breakfast, so bad, low class and very dirty plates. I found too many hairs in my plate while picking up, and it looks like the plate was stored in barber shop with hundreds of hairs,,,eakkkk. one lift for 60 rooms building which and also used by luggage bellman!!! so annoying It is really expensive and the owners knew that they are selling location only

just the location, it is perfect, staff are well oriented

There are also 40 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.