Reviews of Grand Hôtel De Turin 3 stars

6 Rue Victor Massé, 9th arr., 75009 Paris, France

#1018 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Internet is formally provided in the room, but practically impossible to use. It drops every other minute and the speed is near 0. I wasn't even able to open gmail.

• Quadruple Room

The only thing it didn't have in the room was a fridge but apart from that it was perfect for what we needed

Location, very close to main attractions if you like walking, it's approximately 4k to the Eiffel Tower so was a good walk there and back in a day taking in the sights and sounds of Paris.

Tiny bathroom and toilet Rather smaller room for four beds Poor Wifi

Breakfast (with charge though) Good room service - change bed sheets everyday Good customer service - very helpful

The walls were very thin. Can literally hear other people’s alarms going off In the morning

Nice simple hotel. In a quiet area which was good, The staff were extremely friendly and helpful

the bed was a little to firm but i still slept well.

its in a great location close to train station and close to the basilica of the secred heart of paris. the walk down to the river take's you past the opera house then ending at the louve.

There is nothing we did not like about this hotel. If you are wanting to go up the Eiffel Tower I advise to book your tickets on line in advance well before you travel. I tried a week before and the online tickets were sold out which meant we had to queue for hours when we were there but it was well worth it in the end.

The location of the hotel was perfect. Easy to get to from the airport by train / metro (half the price of a taxi fare) and easy to use the metro to get into the city. There are plenty of lovely bars & restaurants in the nearby streets. The bedroom and bathroom were very clean and comfortable and it looked like it had recently been refurbished. The staff on reception were very helpful and informative.

the photos were not for the room shown in the images i got a very bad room with a bathroom not similar to the one in the photos and they denied breakfast i booked 2 days and they had me paying price for a superior room next day saying they were full!!! they gave me a room whose door does not close properly easily from inside or outside at night they close the door and the receptionist go to sleep and u r not allowed to open to go out without him and when u come he is asleep and u must call him to wake him up to come and open the door for you extremely rude receptionist at night

the location was in down town Paris but area is very dangerous at night

Being forced to leave room key with reception everytime we left hotel Hearing in the room The decor wasn’t updated like the pictures showed The beds were awful with 1 pillow that was paper thin Bags appeared to have been raided when we returned to the room Reception staff very rude and aggressive

It is more a recommendation. The breakfast was really good, but nothing exceptional. Thats ok. The only thing you could improve is coffee- that was not the best.

Really friendly stuff, comfortable and clean rooms. Perfect location.

Have to leave key when you leave. No security check on return - just handed iur key by someone we hadnt seen before. Noisy housekeepers at 8am. No lift to top floor. 1 pillow per person on bed - asked for more - took 2 days to get extra. Shower is rubbish. Toom small and dated - not ‘refurbed’ like in pictures.

Great receptionist on check-in! - very knowledgeable!

The hotel was dirty and the room was smaller than expected. Moreover, whereas the description showed a double bed the bed was actually made of two small beds. This made it particularly uncomfortable

In the evenings and especially night time nobody stayed in the reception and what was the worst, they closed the door and go somewhere. You should ring the bell or call to phone but sometimes we had to wait up to 10 minutes in rainy weather until the receptioner came to open the door. Only this point was awful in the service. The only shortcoming in the room was the absence of a refrigerator. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, room cleaning service was quite good.

• Quadruple Room

Our room faced the street which was noisy. The rooms lamp shades where dusty and so was the fan. The bathroom needed extra cleaning attention.

Beds are very bad!Not comfortable at all Staff always busy to open the hotel’s door when coming back at mid night and sometimes during the day.

Location only

Atencious and corteous staff, clean, tidy, excellent location, near the subway, stores and restaurants. We received a map and several tips for sightseeing. Everything perfect.

Completely plain vanilla tourist hotel (which I mean as a compliment). Many smaller Paris hotels have made unconvincing attempts at boutiquification. This one hasn't. Handy location too, and quiet (certainly if you get a room at the back).

Staff wasn’t helpful I asked once if I could have some hot water they gave me a hard time telling me twice to comeback later and at last they gave me water from the tube that tasted awful and telling me not to ask again unless there’s an emergency /: Elevator was too small can carry only 2 persons or one person with luggage The place is too noisy (traffic noise and construction) couldn’t sleep with the window open and when I close it, it was too hot to sleep, there’s a fan that makes a funny noise itself Heating system was not working

Cheap

the walls were paper thin between rooms, I booked 2 night and one included breakfast and the 2nd did not but they never told me until I was leaving. I felt like they just made that up to get 10 euros extra.

shower was great and the plugs for computer plug in was partway up the wall so that was great.

No internet in the room! It was advertised as free Wi-fi but the signal didn't reach our room or was very weak. The staff were also unfriendly and didn't seem to care when we inquired about it.

The room was always clean and fresh towels added almost everyday. The bed was also very comfortable. The location was good, very close to the metro stop.

WIFI wasn't always working in the room, no big problem for us but could be improved.

Super friendly staff! Good location close to the metro station with only a short metro ride to paris city centre!

Spacious and clean room, lovely staff and excellent location! This was the 3rd time I've stayed at this hotel in the past 5 years and highly recommend it.

Some traffic noise but hotel is in quieter area.

Good size clean room, hotel in good location for the major sites. Sacre-Coeur nearby with great views over Paris.

The street noise woke me up several times so I slept with ear plugs which was no issue.

Yoann and staff were very helpful with directions. Room was clean and tidy with servicing every day.

The room was without air conditioning, and we have to open the windows. But we lived on the 1st floor and it was very noisy when there were cars going through. The toilet was not very clean.

What we didn't like was that the treatment of the morning reception's staff. He was unfriendly and unhelpful at all with us comparing with his colleagues treatment with us. We felt unacceptable! Also, we were in a relaxing period so we're assumed quite morning ,but what had happened exactly is a continuously working on the surface of the building starting at 6:30am or 7am! With no previous notice!

The only thing that my friends and I did like in this hotel was the bathroom, as it was quite modern comparing with room's level.

Lift was very small, that's the only negative i can think of.

The room was very clean and nice, thin walls though. Location was easy to reach and find, definitely worth the price.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Very thin walls - you could hear a lot from nearby rooms.

Breakfest was ok but not worth the price on that area - many local bakeries around offering amazing yet cheap meals.

Not recommended for stay!!! Very expensive for the service provided. We faced rudeness and discourtesy from one staff member. The receptionist talked in an appropriate manner to my sister and myself. Refused to provide us with iron, informing that it would be possible only after 10am, which wasn't communicated to me via email when I asked about this facility, as well as no one informed us at check in, though again we asked about iron!!! He didn't even try to listen to my request, turning his back to me while I was talking to him. Answered very shortly and unkindly informing that he will not provide us with iron, asking unnecessary questions like why we didn't iron clothes at home!!(!!(probably having no clue that carrying clothes in luggage will cause rumpling.) Moreover, he aggressively ran up to me and pointed his finger to my face which absolutely shocked me as I faced such unprofessional approach in the hotel for the first time. He talked very rude, raised his voice and even walked out refusing even to listen to my request!!! Absolutely awful experience, not professional and aggressive!!! (Unfortunately I don't know his name as they even don't wear nametags, he was morning shift on Apr 6, there were two men on that day, the man with beard and glasses was more polite).

Not recommended for stay!!! Very expensive for the service provided. We faced rudeness and discourtesy from one staff member. The receptionist talked in an very inappropriate manner to my sister and myself. Refused to provide us with iron, informing that it would be possible only after 10am, which wasn't communicated to me via email when I asked about this facility, as well as no one informed us at check in, though again we asked about iron!!! He didn't even try to listen to my request, turning his back to me while I was talking to him. Answered very shortly and unkindly informing that he will not provide us with iron, asking unnecessary questions like why we didn't iron clothes at home!!(probably having no clue that carrying clothes in luggage will cause rumpling.) Moreover, he aggressively ran up to me and pointed his finger to my face which absolutely shocked me as I faced such unprofessional approach in the hotel for the first time. He talked very rude, raised his voice and even walked out refusing even to listen to my request!!! Absolutely awful experience, not professional and aggressive!!! (Unfortunately I don't know his name as they even don't wear nametags, he was morning shift on Apr 6, there were two men on that day, the man with beard and glasses was more polite).

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Be prepared during weekends: the road is a bit noisy and the walls are thin, so you can hear people next door. Nothing that earphones or ear plugs can't fix, because still good by the location and value. The lift fits only 2 people, but did it work.

I payed a bit more for a better room with kettle, bath and view. Had no problems at all, room very comfortable, right at corner, a road full of the best restaurants and cafes, very Parisian, very safe! Lots of metro stations around and walking distance from Sacre Core and Moulin Rouge.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

The grumpy clerk on the night shift. If you go out and come after midnight you will find the door closed and you have to ring the bell and hope that the clerk is not sleeping that deep, haha. We woke him up and we have felt like when we were teenagers and we were coming late and face the parents. The other thing is that you have to leave the key at the reception when you go out, and the fact is that if you come back to ask for the key, you have to wait if it's a queue.

I liked the room, it was nice. Also the balconies were amazing. I liked everything. The location is great, you have super many bars and restaurants so close.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Rooms are little bit noisy Slow internet

Very clean rooms - new towels every day Pigalle station is 5 min away Restaurants, shops and pharmacy are near hotel

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

There isn't anything to call out as a particular dislike - it's a solid, 3 star hotel: nothing fancy at all, but clean and serviceable.

The hotel was clean and tidy and it was fantastically located within walking distance of Montmartre and the Moulin Rouge.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

We asked for a double bed, but instead there was two single beds pushed together, not joined.

Nice hotel, good position, friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Having to pay £700 for a room I was verifiably too ill to occupy. The management showed no compassion whatsoever when I tried to cancel well before the reservation date The overall review score flatters the establishment's attitude.

Nothing. I didn't stay there.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

One of the best 3 stars hotel in relatively central Paris. Very clean, large rooms (and modern despite the fact that the building itself is old). High quality internet connection. Several metro station at few hundred meters with fast connection to Gare du Nord. 15 minutes on foot to Opera and even less to Sacre Coeur.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The room really needs some soundproofing. Perhaps it is true not only for the rooms close to the stairs... Every step on the stairs or the corridor is reflected in the room space and multiplied by itself. On Saturday the commotion was especially busy, it was hard to sleep. Keep your earbuds at hand!

I loved everything about the hotel, room is clean, comfy, renovated. The bed is just right! Location is fine, only 4 minutes to "Pigalles" metro station. Might not be suitable for families, considering the red light district vicinity. The one and only issue we had is the audibility... This is the reason for Comfort dislike.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The smell in the room wasn't good, I guess it was from the pipes in the toilet - if you leave the toilet door open after a couple of hours you will need to open a window to get rid of the smell. Also the walls are not soundproof at all, you hear very clearly what is happening in the next room

The location is quite good, near the Metro and Monmartre, also not so far away from the citycenter. Everyday cleaning is also good

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Too old hotel in dire need of renovation, break fast poor( though there are alot more cafes around you that serve you better) , conditioning poor almost none! Damp stuffy air in the room, the sheets were not so clean I found hair in my bed several time, and above of all huge annoying sound of swage pipes woke me up several times till the morning, And even when I complained about this to the reception staffs, their cool answer was "even if we change your room, we can not reassure you the problem will be solved!" Means the whole hotel is having this problem! They charge me 3 euros each day for giving me the key of their junk safety box, and 10 euros for pair of single use slippers that usually are in the package of the hotels! The location is good but Im sure you can find alot more better properties worthy enough the money you pay!

The location and cafes around!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Double Room with parking included

Super friendly and hospitable, sorted accomodation issues we had due to us booking wrong date! They have "some" room for bicycle storage (x2 bikes). Awesome experience.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Sound proofing is not great. Not ideal for light sleepers as noises can be heard from street most of the night.

Great value for money. Clean and functional.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

great location, close to metro station for getting around. staff were friendly and helpful. rooms were modern and very clean. would definitely recommend this hotel. Already looking forward to our next trip.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Extremely friendly staff, very clean, and in an excellent location. Next time we travel to Paris, we will definitely stay here again. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

very hot in paris this weekend and was given air conditioning unit all staff very friendly and helpful, helped to find our way round, gave us a map and advised on bus routes etc Hotel very clean Quiet at night Would definitely recommend and come back

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Shower did not drain well, but problem solved same day by the hotel (while we were in the city). For the breakfast, better value for money can be found at some local bakeries.

Friendly staff and comfortable room. And only a very short walk to public transport (Metro and bus).

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The location is a bit of a maze to get to but after the 2nd day I had no more problems as they supply a map too

Having cycled from Dieppe to Paris I needed a location that would securely keep my bicycle safe during my 3 night stay in Paris. A quick email and very fast reply (less than 30 minutes) allowed me to know all the applicable rates for keeping my bike safe. It stayed safe during my trip and that's all I could ever ask for! The cleaners and staff were all very helpful and did their jobs promptly which I liked.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Slight traffic noise during the night ie. Motor bikes. But would not put me off from returning.

The area was good,plenty resterants. Easy access to the tube and also shops. All round a lovely place.

WiFi was poor, can hear your neighbors sometimes

Helpful staff, lots of restaurants nearby

The bed was a bit lumpy.

The room was very clean and the location was great.

small room

location is very good, close to many attractions

Bad sound insulation between rooms Noise from neighouring bars on Satusday nights

Unproper insonorisation, too expensive for the simplicity and quality of hotel

Great location, friendly staff, great breakfast

The room was mediocre, the bed is not comfortable, there is no AC in the room. It is very old and below basic.

Room didn’t reflect photographs; tired, dated decor

The staff is really nice ; very supportive ; the only thing was that we dodnt have air conditioner

Staff. Facilities.

Location. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Noisy, hot (no A/C), wifi was terrible

Location good. That was probably the only thing good about it as it was close to trains.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The breakfast had few options

Everyone treated me very well.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

rooms

perfect location,

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Great hotel to stay and many restaurants near by.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Bit of work going on to improve rooms. Our room was very dated but friends was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Liked every thing

Staff was Professional,neat and clean hotel. Location was ideal. Price was best in Paris

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Basic clean hotel in a great location

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Staff were extremely helpful

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

The room is located at 6 floor and cannot reached by lift.

Location is good next to metro station.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

staff

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

The hotel had a good location close to the subway.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Very basic room and breakfast. Small elevator.

Location fairly food. Beside carrefoeur

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

They charge safety box Breakfast 10 euro

Location Market at 1 block Subway 3 blocks Pigalle 3 blocks

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

It was a bit disturbing to hear the guests in next room talk together etc...

Clean and tidy, excellent location, friendly staff and good atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Good location, helpful friendly staff, value for money.

• Quadruple Room

The rooms are veery small, bathroom even worse, malfunctionning and people not kind. the service is not good.

The Hotel is well located,

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

The neighbourghood

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

The location is tricky. Not exactly family oriented. And the hotel is small, and more like a 2-star.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Tea and Coffee facilities in the room would've been great!

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Browse Grand Hôtel De Turin traveller photo gallery