Reviews of Grand Hotel Dore 3 stars

201 Avenue Daumesnil, 12th arr., 75012 Paris, France

#751 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

While the hotel room sizes aren’t enormous, they’re well kept and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. The neighbourhood feels safe and there’s a metro station and supermarket close by.

Things to improve: - Remove spots of mildew from upper parts of the wall. - Clean the inside of the fixed window frame, it was quite dirty. - Some parts of the carpet are quite warn out.

- We rented three bedded room. Beds and pillows were medium soft, two pillows per bed, sleeping was good and quite quiet because the room was facing toward the inner courtyard, with only occasional sounds from streets. Rent the room with this kind of orientation, I think that street facing room will not be so quiet. - The bathroom seems to be completely new (renovated) and it was not too narrow like bathrooms in other similar small Paris hotels. - The room safe was working perfectly, we used it every day. - We had a kettle for making coffee and tea with some welcome coffee and tea bags; later we bought our supply of instant coffee and used the kettle every day (Monoprix grocery store is just couple of hundred of meters down the street). - Three welcome bottles of water were waiting for us when we arrived, chilled in the room refrigerator, which workes nice and also has freezing compartment, and the bottles were nice designed (easy cap) so we've been using them every day for our daily hiking. By the way, Paris is full of water fountains, you can find them almost everywhere, just search for them by typing "paris water fountain map" and you'll get fountains map instantly showed on your Google map. - Hotel elevator was extremely quick, but very small (basically for two persons). - Hotel maids did their daily job perfectly, cleanliness was satisfactory. - TV's working good and with plenty channels, even for kids. You can turn off french synchro using the menu. - The receptionists were polite and helpful, they even helped us by printing our A4 tickets for Disneyland. - The hotel is close to metro, and down the Daumesnil street there is zoo and big park with lake. - We didn't have breakfast, we just went out and had meals in numerous brasseries all around. This way you can have better feeling of Paris ;)

I didnt like how there were no english channels what so ever on the tv or english subtitles and some staff was not helpful at all.

When we checked in on the thursday there was a lady behind the reception with dark hair her service was amazing. I dont know her name but she was great and helpful .

The room was pretty small for the price (even if I guess that this is normal for Paris in June), the elevator doesn't go up to the 6th floor (stop on the 5th).

Clean and comfortable, ubication is also good, nearby the Daumesnil metro station (lines 6 and 8, very useful)

Nothing (room is not big but that is absolutely normal in Paris)

Very clean, quiet (had a room on the backyard, not on the street) and confortable room, very nice staff, good breakfast. Underground ist nearby and you can reach city center in 15 min. I was very satisfied. One of my best hotel stay in Paris. Price was really good.

• Standard Single Room

Old building, very small lift to 5th floor and only stairs to the 6th.

Room was clean, inner courtyard room very calm despite busy traffic, very conveniently situated situated (100m from n°6 metro line, Daumesnil stop) . Breakfast is worthwhile. Staff very polite and hospitable.

I actually realised that it was cheaper to book directly on the hotel website. I'll do that the next time. Other than that, I love everything about this hotel so nothing bad to say or nothing I didn't like.

I always stay in this hotel when in Paris. I love the top floor room with a distant view of the Eiffel Tower. The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are tiny but well equipped and perfectly adequate.

1) The hotel is very conveniently located near metro station. There are good and reasonably priced restaurants nearby, supermarket is also close. The surrounding area is quiet and safe. 2) The room itself was very quiet, clean and with good shower/WC facilities. Very good quality/price rate for Paris.

Hotel is very close to Metro station, has good restaurants and shops nearby and the male receptionist who welcomed us on arrival was lovely, very kind and helpful.He also recommended a restaurants and places of interest near by. Our room was fairly small but this is typical of Paris, it was clean and comfortable with television double bed drinks provisions and a mini fridge. The bathroom was perfectly adequate with a good shower. The receptionists were more than willing to offer advice on how best to travel around and recommended places to visit, even offering us washing our dirty cloths, umbrellas one particularly rainy day! We loved our visit to this wonderful city and would stay at this hotel again in the future!

Full disclosure: I didn't spend the night. I only needed the room as I had a 12-hour layover. So, I didn't sleep on the bed, but just sitting on it --- the mattress left a lot to be desired for me. It was firm. And I like soft pillow-like mattresses. Something to sink into. If you like firm (as in old-school flat firm), then it will be a dream for your back and hips and neck. I didn't have breakfast there either so I can't comment on the food.

This is a nice and simple, older hotel. Older as in 70's furnishings...but quite comfortable. The room smelled really fresh. I wish I had whatever they use in the rooms for my own home. I requested an early check-in, and they happily received me. I really liked this hotel because it has charm. It is simple. Nothing glamourous about it, but the neighborhood seems nice and I like being just steps away from the Metro and Bus. I took the bus everywhere just so I could see Paris. A lot of other reviewers have singled out the small size of the room. Yes, this should not be a surprise for Paris. Europe, in general, have small hotel rooms. I am a solo traveler, so did I know the room was going to be small. And I liked it. There is something very comforting about having a compact room and bathroom when you're traveling alone. It is simple and easy. Now, the room would feel much smaller if there were two of us in a "double" room. You just have to get used to small rooms for the per night cost. The staff was friendly and everyone greeted me as I waiting a short bit. The lift is small, so it might take a couple trips but thank God the hotel even has a lift! The hotel has charm. Good location. Simple accommodation. Easy access to stuff. I will return.

the room is too small to fit 3 persons

the receptionists were very welcoming and helpful beds were comfortable location is nice clealiness is very good

the room is too small to fit 3 persons

the receptionists were very welcoming and helpfull, the service was very good, the bed was comfortable and the room was very clean

• Standard Single Room

Nothing. Everything was as expected or better.

Everything! The hotel is in a great location, very clean, the shower was really good, the bed was very comfortable. I used the wifi during my whole stay and haven't seen any issue (this was important for me as I was working during my stay). Besides all this, the lady who works in the reception was just amazing and very kind, she helped me to find good restaurants, laundry and I even borrowed her outlet adapter. Those small things make the whole difference and made me feel really welcome during my stay. I lived in Paris sometime ago, and have stayed in other hotels before, none of them made me feel so welcome. I would definitely stay there again if I come to Paris.

When I booked breakfast was included which made the price reasonable. On arrival the receptionist said that breakfast was not included and would cost 12 euros each extra. I think 98 euros for a hotel of this standard even in Paris is too much.

Location. We could walk to our concert venue in Bercy.

Small (but decent) room Small (but decent) shower Only 1 powersocket in the room

Breakfast was top Airco very efficient Bathroom and bed ok Price-quality very good forParis

• Superior Room

The room was a bit small but not a problem. The check in is at 15:00 which is a bit late if you need rest.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was perfectly cleaned. The shower has a strong flow and very warm. There is hairdrier. The hotel is just outside the metro station. There is a bakery and a bar just in front of the hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are bike sharing stations just around the corner. It is a very good compromise between price and quality.

The beds are very small, the rooms are small, everything in this hotel is small, even the elevator. We weren't accept with a 19 months baby in the double room and we had to pay an extra room.

It's clean and cosy, not far from Notre-Dame, 2 minutes walking from metro. A few restaurants not far, open till late.

• Standard Single Room

Walls are very thin, and there was a family with kids running around slamming doors constantly at night time. I wouldn't mind for the kids but I could hear everything and couldn't rest well (Minor thing in the end). You will see reviews say rooms are small but hey, it's Paris and if you read those you became aware that that's the deal

This hotel is conveniently located 20m away from a metro station, in a nice neighborhood and with many things that make it very good: Very nice staff, very very clean bedroom (you can tell they actually make the effort to leave the room clean, I was impressed), very good breakfast, but it has a couple of points that make it unfortunately not to get the last star: Overall very nice place to stay: 10 points for staff helpfulness and good mood

Rooms are a bit on the small side, the toilet in room 324 had just about enough room to sit on!!

Very good location, close to Metro and about 20 minutes or so from centre of Paris. Very close to some good restaurants, supermarkets and aquarium. The rooms are well appointed with tea/coffee facilities and small fridge.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Common areas (elevator; corridors) are in desperate need of refurbishment Could have better soundproofing from street and from the corridor

Rooms are small but nicely refurbished (in a simple way) Room was well cleaned Good bathroom products Nice area 1 minute from metro

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Two Double Room Adjacent

The lift is a little small, so if there are more than 3 of you, you have to take turns. But there is a lift! The room we had was tiny, but totally our fault for picking the smaller one.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. We had great recommendations for restaurants, and they were very patient with us when the kids were having tantrums! We had two adjacent rooms, that worked very well - but make sure that you check which is the larger one before you let the kids choose! The Daumesnil station is 30 seconds away, and it is fairly easy to navigate anywhere in Paris from there. Breakfast was good - continental, with a small but tasty selection of cheese, meat and pastries. A very good 3-star hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

room was not ready earlier as requested(i checked out earlier as well), you can feel the metro passing in your room, curtains need to be replaced, shampoo were not replaced every day

welcome staff, security, coffee faciltieis in the room

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Standard Single Room

I love the area, the avenue so the hotel is a perfect spot. Loved the courtesy of the staff and the quality of the room in terms of necessity to spend the night. The bathroom was really new which makes it great in Paris!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Very small elivator with room only for one person. The elivator could be a bit noisy if you get a room close to it.

Nice, friendly, small Hotel located a bit away from the heart of Paris. Perfect if you seek a little calmer/less noisy enviroment in Paris. Metro station is close to the Hotell, max 100 meter, which gives accees to two Metro lines. The rooms were a bit small but clean and tidy,.Breakfastbuffé was rich consisted of e.g bread, ham, cheese,eggs, youghurt, fruit and coffe. The Hotel staff was very servicminded and helpfull. Especially Geraldine who helped us a lot and facilitated our stay in Paris.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

The room was small but this is a typical French style.

Receptionists are kind, positive and helpful but Geraldine is more talkative and helpful than others. The room and bathroom were clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom has a hot water. Hotel was close to metro station and a supermarket. It is a safe location.

Parking facilities were very poor

Room very small and can hear other room talking

Next to metro station

The rooms are very small

Easy hotel for short visit! Thw rooms were small but nice

super friendly and helpful staff

Break fast was not ready at 7am, I left at 7.05am to the Guarde nord station

Bed was goof

• Superior Room

Rooms are small but more important is that the beds are to short if you are 2 meters tall like I am.

Location close to the Metro.

Lift.A bit scary.

The staff very friendly.

Great staff. Moved me to a different room when I complained about the noise from the staircase.

It was cold. There was only one outlet to charge the phone and it was on the opposite side of the bed.

Place, Cleanness

Just a little bit noisy

Very nice hotel. I have stayed there before and will return in the future. Would also recommend it to friends and family.

I dont know why but two payments has been taken for this room!!! Will ask bank and police investigate why

Small desk

Good location Clean, Comfortable

Small shower

Excellent staff;

Very small room, but not a big problem

Location, nice Staff, Comfortable beds, clean bathroom

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

No hot water for 2 days Poor Internet Room over hot (too early in the year for aircon to be activated)

Staff - very friendly

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Standard Single Room

Very small room and toilet. Second time i read breakfast included and is not included.

Nice furniture

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Toilet was cramped

Staff were excellent and the location very good.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

slow wifi

nice stuff clean rooms and bathrooms

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Breakfast room too busy on day 2. Skipped breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

location, very friendly, good value at this price (£80 per night double room)

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Room was small.

Staff are super helpful and friendly. Walking distance (< 1 minute) to closest Metro.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

nothing really

hospitality was outstanding..metro was 50m away... so easy to get into city centre

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Poor WIFI

Nice staff, good services

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Two Double Room Adjacent

room size

Shower, breakfast, wifi, air condition

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

the room was a little bit small, but we are in Paris.

Location, staff, welcome drink, nice and clean room

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

Lift is super small

Friendly receptionist. Clean and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

The metro runs overground and can be heard from the rooms.

Hotel is 50 meters away from metro station and about 30mins away by metro from the city centre. Room was small but clean. Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2015

Front desk staff are very helpful. Rooms are very clean with a fridge. There is a little patisserie two doors down. A 60 second walk from metro station.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

Alivator old and noisy .. Room cleaning service not well and always forgot the door open after clean.

Location .. Staff .. Entrance .. Night duty available of staff and helpful

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

Hotel is close to the metro, but still abitfar from the main attractions. Yellow metro line is perfect for this purpose, but the hotel is not on this line. The room is small, was a bit challenging for 2 persons, but still very cozy. It was a bit smelly in the bathroom, not strong. If you really a light sleeper, then you can here metro in the room, but for me was ok, since only a bit

we had very calm room, it was nice to sleep there. I like cleaning service and I like stuff, really friendly. Metro is not than 1 min.walk from the hotel, even 30 sec. Tea and teapot in the room - perfect.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

Booking said it's close to Lyon Station, but it isn't. Have to take two metros to get to the station. Location is a problem.

Staff is helpful. We left our luggage and went out for visiting. Room is small but clean.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

Small single rooms, but it's ok...

Staff was very helpful, clean bathroom, clean rooms. Quite.. 20 seconds walk from the metro station....very good French restaurants in the area with good prices...

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

not too crazy about the location..,..several homeless people camping around the hotel (not the fault of the hotel, but I just didn't like it (

Great bed, nice bathtub good AC

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

I travel with my family. We had 3 rooms. The phone of my parents' room was out of work. We told the hotel in the beginning, but they did not solve it for the whole week.

The location is close to the metro station. I can easily print the document I want to print.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

I liked the location of this hotel, easy to get to things but away from the hustle and bustle. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was lovely for the price.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2015

Just a little issue that don't know why they like to insert quilt under the bed, so after daily clean I have to pull it out my self, maybe is tradition?

Very comfort and 30 sec to subway, there is a nice on the side of hotel, get your breakfast more better! Air conditioner is perfect!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

- A little small, but this is Paris and for the money is an excellent value - Wifi was a little slow depending on the time (could tell it was crowded)

- Very close (few minutes waking) to all what you need: metro, Velib, restaurants, boulangeries, marchés - Very pleasant, friendly and helpful staff ! - Nice room decoration, good appliances, and nice bathroom too (good size). - Single room 548 was a little small, but organized and clean. This room has a very nice look towards patio and upon the sunset in the summer! - Close to a huge park > excellent for sports

• Reviewed: 20 June 2015

We booked our travel spontaneous and the room on 4th floor was the best solution. We could see the top of Effiel tour. Personal was also very friendly. Most important is the clean room. But more then one/two nights I couldn't stay there. The room is a bit too small.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

Nothing I can think of Room and bathroom small, however, this is Paris and is a 3 star - well deserved.

As long as one accepts that in Paris, most hotels (not 5*) have small rooms, you will have a nice time. While the location is a bit far from the heart of Paris, the metro station is a couple minutes walk away and you can get lines M6 and M8 which is just great. Personally as well as for the other couple, breakfast was very decent and had a good enough spread to have a copious breakfast. Coffee was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. When asked, they gave us a list of restaurants nearby which was a good thing to have. One evening we went to Piccola Italia and had a nice evening. While we waited for our room to get ready, reception told us to go to the restaurant called Metro - less than 2 minutes walk - to have lunch. Lunch was pretty decent. Overall and for our needs, Hotel Grand Dore is a very nice place to stay at when visiting Paris. Most of the day and the evening is spent sight seeing. Wi-Fi for me was excellent - able to read my emails, reply as well as browse some sites.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

The only thing which made me really sad, is that I found out after the check out that the preauthorization from the card was actually charged from my bank account and I still did not get my money back even though staff replied fast and said that they would figure it out (the 1st person said they did not charge me what was obviously not true). Will see what they do...

Great location (metro station with 2 lines is just next to the entrance what is great), great staff (veru friendly and always there to help you), very nice breakfast (all what you need just for 12 euros, good coffee).

• Reviewed: 27 May 2015

Is perfect hotel

It was a great place very value for money with very good breakfast. The room is very comfortable and very. Very clean the place of the hotel is perfect. Near every thing in paris and very. Near to Daumesnil metro station the stuff is very friendly

• Reviewed: 22 May 2015

I asked for a large bed (and not 2 small), for a quiet room. I got everything. I was a bit cold. I asked for an extra blanket. They did bring it to me and also an extra heating "just in case". Super staff/service !

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

Great little hotel for any stay iin Paris. Good choice of restaurants and Very close to the metro for ease of travel. Reception staff incredibly helpful. Would recommend a stay here.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2015

The breakfast was a bit overpriced for what you get. We recommend going to a nice cafe and choosing your breakfast.

Very clean and comfortable room. Brilliant location - 2 minutes walk from the metro station. We felt very safe walking to the hotel at night. It is a nice area. The staff were very kind and accommodating. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2015

I never thought elevators could be so small! LOL! literally only two people fit in there and that's without luggage! We had to take turns to go up when we arrived and the elevator goes up until the fifth floor so we had to go up the stairs to the sixth floor. It was a funny situation more than an issue! The hotel is really nice for a budget hotel and the price is reasonable for a well-located hotel in Paris! (breakfast should be included though). The heat was not working well the first night so we were kind of cold but they fixed it and everything was great from then on!

The hotel is very well located. there is a subway access like 50 steps away. There are some restaurants around. The room was a bit challenging and funny to get to but once we were in the room it was nice. It wasn't as small as we expected for a room in Paris so we were pleased. the wifi worked perfectly, the room was clean and cozy. We could see the Eiffel tower from our sixth floor bedroom!

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Small elevator

Location is very near to metro and convenient store

• Reviewed: 15 April 2016

By road was a little noisy at night. The sign lit up our room at night.

Lovely breakfast. Clean room but compact. Staff excellent and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

Room too small. Internet signal can be better.

Service and cleanliness + location

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Excellent location, Friendly and helpful staff, Comfortable room.

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Grand Hotel Dore traveller photo gallery