Reviews of Hôtel du Puy d'Alon

1 Rue De Pressignac, 46200 Souillac, France

#3 of 12 hotels in Souillac

9.7

Everything from the location(being 5min stroll to town), to the breakfast, to the facilities in room to the EXCELLENT staff was spot on!! Couldn’t recommend this little French BnB anymore!

The lady who ran the hotel was very friendly and extremely helpful. The breakfasts were varied and I would recommend them very highly. We came on bikes and there was a secure garage to store them. Would recommend.

We usually visit a particular restaurant when we are in Soulliac but on this occasion it was closed as we found out after taking 20 minutes to walk there. We then walked back to the hotel and the owner took us in her car to the town to another bar

Owner excellent, assisted us with everything we needed to know, breakfast superb, close to station , also hotel for meals. About 1klm to town very nice walk. Also a swimming pool and decking immaculate.Locals i very friendly. Would definately stay again.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

To get to my room I had to pass through a public washroom. There are a dog and cat on the premises (I am allergic). She is very strict about checkout time, but allowed me to keep my bags near reception while I explored.

The owner, Fabien, was nice in a reserved sort of way. The hotel was close to the train station, but about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the town center. It was quiet. It is near a large supermarket. Souillac has an interesting Museum of Automation.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Parking. Well let's just say it was a bit of a tight squeeze. Walls paper thin especially when there is a dog in the next room!!

Clean and comfortable. Really friendly welcome from the owner.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

No shower curtain. I mentioned it to the owner and she apologised for what was an oversight on her part

The helpfulness of the owner and her very valuable advice as to where to have dinner

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Standard Triple Room

Didn't like the owner s dog that was sniffing around, overall ambiance was creepy. There was a garden with pool, but frankly that is not enough to make up for the interior. Admittedly cheap but would have preferred to pay more for better experience. I do not understand how it gets three stars. We are currently staying in a three star logis hotel balcony over the Mediterranean seaand sandy beach, stunning restaurant, bistro, fresh deco, climo control etc. There is no comparison. No dogs!

Overall appeared dry shappy, not chic! Small room, very hot no climo service decor was a bit grim and interior in need of decoration and I would say modernisation

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Standard Triple Room

If you want to go to town it is a bit of a hike. Noisy side road next to hotel- quieter late at night.

Very Friendly. lovely rooms and views. Big Pool and garden. handy for station. Secure biicycle garage.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Literally the only downside was check in was 4pm. We got to Souillac at 12pm in 42 degree heat and needed the pool! Luckily we had friends in the area to go in their pool :P 2pm Check in would be lovely because we didn't get to use the pool with a 1 night stay :(

This was our favourite hotel from our road trip, I'd just wished we could of stayed a few more days! I can't remember the lady's name, but she was really lovely and helpful (and spoke great english!) and chatted with us, not just showed us to our room. She helped with directions and she was just pleasant. The breakfast was delicious. Fresh Croissant, eggs, cereal, baguette, yogurts. So much food! It was all really yummy :) The room was really impressive. It lacked air con but there was a fan and the room was pre-cooled for us! Lovely shower and really lovely view too!

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

As I suffer from arthritis a lift would have been a plus but I handled stairs easily so not really a problem Gave me some exercise that was needed by me!

I liked Fabian as she was kind and helpful

There was no curtain on the window and the streetlight was quite strong.

Room decorations dated

Super friendly host Very comfortable bed Great quiet location

• Twin Room with Pool View

Excellent breakfast. Attentive and helpful staff

Central.

Fantastic Hotel

• Twin Room with Pool View

Very friendly owner. Excellent breakfast,good choice. Pleasant garden with welcome pool

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Clean and comfortable bed. Great view from window of room 7. Very good breakfast.

Friendly, very friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

A very well run hotel in an excellent location, the owner was very helpful and I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Rooms a little dated but nonetheless clean.

Good breakfast and kids loved the pool. Nice old town for evening dinner and exploring. Friendly hostess.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

The walk back from the centre of Souillac is a little bit uphill.

Small and friendly hotel with a nice pool. Good parking.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff, good parking, comfortable bed, good sized room. Windows that open for fresh air and a good view. A nice 20 min walk into old town. Stayed one night passing through the area. Breakfast was good. We on second floor and no lift but that didn't bother us.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

There was a strange smell coming from the bathroom, I couldn't tell if it was the drains or coming in through the window. Sort of like stale water or rotting rubber.

Great location walking distance to train station and supermarket. A bit of a walk in to town but pretty. Lovely staff with great English, good breakfast. I had a room on the top floor looking out over the pool and the valley, so beautiful. I actually gasped when I walked in and looked out the window.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2015

Had a lovely overnight stay at this hotel, the landlady is very friendly and caring with good English skills (far better than my French). Not the most modern in furnishings, but the comfort and care was a delight, as was the lovely garden with the pool - so nice we didn't go out in the evening, we stayed in the garden and dipped in the pool.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

Rooms were huge, staff was very nice and helpful. Wish is was hotter so we could have utilized the pool and deck area which were very inviting.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

nothing really.

The friendly welcome which was always there. Home from Home. Well done to Fabienne the lady who runs this lovely hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2016

The owner was really helpful and very nice!! Thanks

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

The hospitality shown was excellent. Supermarket close by, a reasonable walk into town and close to the train station.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Fabienne, a lovely hostess. And the lovely room.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2015

Good location just 15 mins walk into centre of the lovely town of Souillac. pet-friendliness. comfort.

There are also 5 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.