Reviews of Hotel Monsieur Helder 3 stars

#675 of 1,600 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

great position, nice rooms
    • Classic Double Room

I had not realised that they have only vegan breakfast in the restaurant and that for a "normal" one with coffee and croissant would only be served in the room. being a group of people that want to plan together over breakfast, we had to go somewhere else

not big rooms but comfortable, soft bed and good pillows! the position is very good. I really apprecciated the kettle in the room.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Very nice and clean hotel in a great location.
    • Classic Double Room

Very nice and clean hotel in a great location. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Good private parking (reservation is necessary), right in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Underwhelming stay...
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is listed to have on-site parking available, while they only have 1 parking space available. I think this is outright cheating customers. Because of this, they will never have parking space available for guests coming in with cars and the hotel should reveal this information truthfully on Booking.com. If I had known, for example, I would not have chosen this hotel. I had to pay an extra of 48 Euros to a public parking because of this. Just be honest and say at least you have limited space available and encourage potential guests to check with hotel staff in advance before they make non-refundable bookings!!

Great Location, Clean and Comfortable
    • Family Room

Air-conditioning in the room was really noisy and it was not cold enough, even though the temperature was set at low. The toilet also had sewage smell when we first entered the room.

Location was great, it was nearby to the areas I wanted to go and within walking distance in less than 10mins. The Hotel staff were very efficient and polite, makes you feel extremely welcome. Room was comfortable and clean.

Way too small
    • Classic Double Room

The only thing that I was upset about was the size of the room and bathroom, they were ridiculously small. My husband and I are not big people but if one was in the bathroom the other could not get in. We could not pass each other at the foot of the bed, not enough room. Just managed to get our cases in which didn't help the situation.

The room and bathroom was very clean. Lovely white towels and clean sheets. Didn't have any problems with the staff they were great. Good air onditioner.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great little hotel

Rooms are small.

The hipster but classy style, is a small hotel but makes the best out of it. Location was great. Staff was super friendly and they can speak english and spanish.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Small affordable hotel in a good location
    • Classic Double Room

Small rooms, no place in the shower to put shampoo or body wash, only on the floor. No shelf or hooks to put your staff anywhere in the bathroom

Good location, close to the metro but also walkable everywhere. Hotel is small and rooms on the small side but it has elevator, air-conditioner and good shower - what else do you need in Paris :-) ?. Worked perfectly for us since we spent very little time in the rooms, coming late in the evening for a night sleep and then early in the morning we were off again to walk around Paris

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Nice hotel, good location.
    • Classic Double Room

Very small lift. Lift was literally right outside bedroom door.

Compact Room but fit for purpose. Close to Metro stations and sights all within walking distance.

Poor maintenance
    • Classic Double Room

-- We stayed at a different room this time and the layout is not good. The air conditioner blows cold air directly above our heads. The room, however, became stuffy if we shut the air off. -- Toilet seat would not stay up, which is a big problem for male guests. The hotel clearly needs to improve their maintenance work. -- Nowhere to put stuff(e.g. soap or shampoo bottle) on when taking a shower. Very awkward.

-- good location

Good enough
    • Classic Double Room

-- poor maintenance. Faucet is loose and needed to be repaired. -- cleanliness is a bit questionable. Found hair on the shower wall when checking in. -- tiny elevator

-- excellent location; close to two main metro stations and a few stops away from the Louvre. -- staff are generally friendly and helpful.

Awesome place, will stay here again!
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing really. The elevator is only big enough for one person at a time, rooms were a bit small but typical for Paris

Everything! Location! Close enough to so many restaurants, Opera Garnier, walking distance to a monoprix (supermarket) and the louvre. The staff were really friendly and the rooms were great!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

A real find - stay at Hotel Monsieur Helder - it's lovely!

Nothing we didn't like!

We loved this little gem - perfect for a couple of nights in beautiful Paris! Staff were so friendly and helpful- well done! Complaints about noise on the hallways are unfounded - we were in room 31 right next to the lift shaft and weren't disturbed once by either the lift or noise! We visit Paris regularly and will return here again - loved it!

Excellent hotel ; professional stuff always meet you a very nice smile
    • Classic Double Room

Really nothing only that the rooms is without breakfast and the price of breakfast is too expensive

The stuff and the stuff and the stuff Also very nice location in center for everything

Proper Paris introduction
    • Classic Double Room

Honestly is was a perfect stay in Paris!

Small rooms but very well appointed. Beds were perfect and the rooms had windows that opened to the street which allowed for fresh air if you needed a break from the air conditioning. All of the staff were just amazing and really took an interest in making sure our stay was enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Cute boutique hotel with friendly staff but a number of problems with room.

Our airconditioning did not work properly but our childrens' room did. Never resolved this. Came back day 2 & toilet was dismantled for some reason (we had no issue with it) so could not use until maintenance came. No explanation here. Next day came back late (10 pm) to find room not serviced and told we had to relocate to another room due to water issue. No phonecall or prior notice. Our daughter got room mixed up but her key opened another room. Turns out she had been given a master key which could open any door.! Luckily we are honest people. Beds were very hard. Expected some sort of rebate for all these issues during our expensive five night stay, but still have not heard from the manager so hence would not recommend this hotel. On a minor note, no ice available although the the cafe downstairs was helpful when they were open otherwise we went to McDonalds around the corner!

Location good & quite a cute boutique hotel Very friendly and helpful girl on reception (Azmar ?) First impression was good

This is a very weird ‘hotel’ by far.
    • Classic Double Room

This is a very weird ‘hotel’ by far. When we checked in, 1 of the rooms had some bloods on the soap’s plastics, my room had bread crumbs on the chair and black dirt on one of the towels but we thought it was small mistakes. The next day, as we went out, we heard another guest was complaining their luggages were moved around and they were checking to see if anything went missing (We now found their very disturbing comment and review of this hotel and found out they almost got their things stolen and were in "transit" - check TRIPADVISOR for their review!) Yesterday, my parents came back earlier to drop off their things at the hotel, they came to an unlock room ( theirs and mine) and this morning we found out why! As my mom tried grabbing a nail clipper in her zippered pouch, she FOUND a master key which the housekeeper left INSIDE my mom’s bag. I have no idea why the housekeeper had to open our personal pouch! The housekeepers are probably outsourced, we saw them once when we came back around 330 pm and they were not done with our rooms and they were all young men. I came home to a basin filled with dirty water. I always swipe the floor when I stay in a place without carpet, and the floor was dirty. I’ve also been bitten by bed bugs and I complained yesterday, hopefully they really have vacuumed and changed my bed sheets. The hotel’s location is prime but we have to worry each day if someone will be stealing our things in the hotel and it’s not worth the troubles. The doors are standard house doors and you have to make sure you lock the door. The curtain has a broken fitting and can’t cover the whole window properly. There’s no security system to go in and out of the hotel, so it is easy for strangers to go in. I saw the hotel next to this has a keycard system to go into the hotel, which I think is much safer than this. Overall an unpleasant experience in an otherwise great location. This feels like an airbnb trying to be a hotel without proper services.

BEWARE! THINGS MIGHT GET STOLEN!

This is a very weird ‘hotel’ by far. When we checked in, 1 of the rooms had some bloods on the soap’s plastics, my room had bread crumbs on the chair and black dirt on one of the towels but we thought it was small mistakes. The next day, as we went out, we heard another guest was complaining their luggages were moved around and they were checking to see if anything went missing (We now found their very disturbing comment and review of this hotel and found out they almost got their things stolen and were in "transit") Yesterday, my parents came back earlier to drop off their things at the hotel, they came to an unlock room ( theirs and mine) and this morning we found out why! As my mom tried grabbing a nail clipper in her zippered pouch, she FOUND a master key which the housekeeper left INSIDE my mom’s bag. I have no idea why the housekeeper had to open our personal pouch! The housekeepers are probably outsourced, we saw them once when we came back around 330 pm and they were not done with our rooms and they were all young men. I came home to a basin filled with dirty water. I always swipe the floor when I stay in a place without carpet, and the floor was dirty. I’ve also been bitten by bed bugs and I complained yesterday, hopefully they really have vacuumed and changed my bed sheets. The hotel’s location is prime but we have to worry each day if someone will be stealing our things in the hotel and it’s not worth the troubles. The doors are standard house doors and you have to make sure you lock the door. The curtain has a broken fitting and can’t cover the whole window properly. There’s no security system to go in and out of the hotel, so it is easy for strangers to go in. I saw the hotel next to this has a keycard system to go into the hotel, which I think is much safer than this. Overall an unpleasant experience in an otherwise great location. This feels like an airbnb trying to be a hotel without proper services.

Small but comfy
    • Classic Double Room

The room was a bit small and given the proximity of neighbouring rooms I could hear people coming in and out of their rooms which was a bit annoying late at night. The hotel includes a small restaurant with health food and beverage options; however, I found the portions too small for the price being charged.

The bed in my room was incredibly comfortable with a number of pillows with different thicknesses / firmness to enable one to customize the arrangement for their personal preference. The fact that the window could actually be opened was also a plus! The staff was mostly very nice and accommodating and the room service breakfast was quite substantial.

Gem near Opera Garnier
    • Classic Double Room

Some of the rooms and the lift are tiny, but common in this part of Paris.

Great location near Opera Garnier, excellent breakfast and fantastic vegan eatery on reception level.

City break
    • Classic Double Room

The amount of milk left in the room for tea/coffee. Only 2 smaller containers. When I asked at reception for more, the guy said he couldn't get any at night. I would need to wait until morning.

Nice clean room. Friendly staff Comfortable bed Array of tea available Great location

Beautiful decoration, a typical Parisian view, extremely...
    • Classic Double Room

I find the rooms pricey, especially as the breakfast was not included in the price and the rooms were tiny. Also, I'd have hoped better sound proofing between rooms.

Beautiful decoration, a typical Parisian view, extremely well located

Lovely hotel in the heart of paris
    • Classic Double Room

Quite expensive, but we had a good deal through booking.com

Beautiful room, very spacious, very clean. Lovely small hotel. Great location, 3 mins from metro station. Vegan Restaurant at the hotel looked good, but we did not go there.

Springtime in Paris
    • Classic Double Room

Only three coat hangers for two people! Not a problem for us but others might need to request more!

Fantastic location and easy to get to from the airport using the Roissybus. Room lovely, smallish but as it's not somewhere to spend that much time, perfectly adequate. Very clean with a fridge and lovely tea! Easy to get around either by walking or using the metro. Lots of places to eat and drink close by.

The room was a nice size with a large window
    • Classic Double Room

The hot water in the shower took a good ten minutes to begin.... the faucet on the sink was so unstable it was difficult to turn the water on...

The room was a nice size with a large window

Modern hotel in a great location
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel room was small but that is common in Paris after all. The dust on the desk and shelves was not cleaned on day-to-day basis, still the room was clean in general.

The hotel is very nice and stylish, looks modern and feels cosy. The towels were super soft and rich. Staff is very nice and polite. On top of that the location is simply great.

Well furnished , Nice and neat , close to airport shuttle...
    • Classic Double Room

Checkin is at 3 , should be earlier even by 1 hour . It does make difference.

Well furnished , Nice and neat , close to airport shuttle and not far from most of the attractions! Asmaa & Zakareya did everything possible to make our stay really special ! They were very professional and helpful !

Nice Hotel in an excellent location in Paris
    • Classic Double Room

The price for a continental breakfast is bit too high. We had breakfast always somewhere else.

Great Hotel for visiting Paris. The location is excellent. Nice room and big enough for this city. Great shower and bathroom. Everything was very clean. The hotel personal were always very friendly.

The water tab in the bathroom was broken, it was moving and...
    • Family Room

The water tab in the bathroom was broken, it was moving and it was uncomfortable to use it, we informed the reception on the first day they said they would fix it but never did...

Incredible location and super friendly and extremely helpful...
    • Classic Double Room

The room was small, but not a problem if you want to visit the city for a couple of days

Incredible location and super friendly and extremely helpful staff

The location of the hotel was perfect, but apart from that I would say the hotel was poor.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was very small, a lot of issues with the room such as the safe not working when we got there and the heating was always on full so the room was far too hot. Staff left the door unlocked after housekeeping which could have caused a problem. The room was located right beside the lift so was very noisy and lacked privacy.

The location was great

Wonderful staffs, great location and superb room comfort with great value for money spend
    • Family Room

Supportive and helpful staffs with great hospitality. Central located around Opera area with many restaurants nearby. Great room size for family of 3 (me & my husband and our little son). Room equipped with all required facilities. Beds, linens and towels made the superb comfort stay. Really recommended

Stunning
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

nothing at all

""Stunning . the moroccoian guy who works in reception was so friendly and the hotel was stunning everything was perfect even the check in and out was fast and easy location is fantastic , 🛏 very comfortable ,there’s coffee and tea with kettle in our room. thanks for the lovely stay we were really enjoyed and diffidently will be visiting again

Service and breakfast were good, location is very convenient...
    • Classic Double Room

The room is so tiny that I had to move the bedside table for opening the case. My room was on the 6th floor and I had to reach the small bar on all fours bar because of a wall inclination. It was the smallest room that I have ever seen, even in Paris. Breakfast is served only is the room, and it is necessary to put the the electric kettle and the caps on the bed to free a space for on the very small table. Formally the room suits the standards of a three-stars hotel but it is not comfortable. I felt here a guest of hobbits.

Service and breakfast were good, location is very convenient because the hotel is situated in 50 m from Grands Boulevards and in 300 m from the terminus of Roissybus going to Charles de Gaulle International airport

Location is amazing!
    • Classic Double Room

Room was small. A lamp was broken. Mini bar was not cold enough. Floor was dusty. Closing door sounds next room was loud.

Location is amazing! Comfortable bed.

I would visit again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was a little small but this is Paris, we didn't stay in.

Very friendly and helpful staff. They did everything we asked for to make us happy.

very noisy on Sunday morning (I think cleaning staff), lots...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

very noisy on Sunday morning (I think cleaning staff), lots of noise in the corridors that woke us and hard to rest with it. It is the only thing that would put me off staying again

Great value in a great spot in Paris
    • Classic Double Room

Our original room was spacious, but the bathroom was *really* tiny even for Parisian standards—we had to ask to move to another room that was slightly smaller, but with a another foot of space in the bathroom—which made a huge difference! No drawers in the rooms; the closets have two shelves and it seems they could have fit a third shelf in the space available, which would have helped.

Location was fantastic, with lots of places to have a bite, close to sights, shopping and museums. Clean, modern rooms. Hotel dining was of the emerging "natural eating" variety (vegetarian? can't recall...) on the ground floor—great service and very friendly presentation.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Very good location, friendly staff, clean room, spacious bed

Room not so big

Very good location, friendly staff, clean room, spacious bed

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed our time at Hotel Monsieur. Thanks

Very small shower.

Daria at reception was the most delightful host and assisted us without hesitation. We would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The staff on front desk were very helpful and pleasant

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Fair deal, clean b&b hotel

Nothing I didn’t like

Fair deal, clean b&b hotel

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great location, nice fresh and stylish decor

Great location, nice fresh and stylish decor

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

excellent location, nice & clean room;
    • Classic Double Room

excellent location, nice & clean room; superb service-stuff!

Near shopping area

Near shopping area

Staff very friendly, clean and comfortable, copious...
    • Classic Double Room

Staff very friendly, clean and comfortable, copious breakfast in the room.

Location is great

Room too small

Location is great

The best for the price
    • Classic Double Room

Close to everywhere! Very clean and helpful staff!

Well done design!

Well done design!

Good value and great location
    • Classic Double Room

The room was small, two luggage cases did not help

Great location, clean and comfortable

Very good location ,reception and staff
    • Classic Double Room

Room not very clean .got a fright at the layor of dust under the bed Only obvious places are cleaned

Very good location ,reception and staff

Given the price good value location

Less noise

Clean compact room. But very noisy area due to roadworks, building construction and late night revellers

Small but it has everything we needed
    • Classic Double Room

The bathroom was not very clean. Water could not drained away and the faucet was not properly installed.

Small but it has everything we needed

Fabulous location
    • Classic Double Room

The wait for entry to the room.

The location, cleanliness , bathroom & light.

Great location, friendly staff.
    • Classic Double Room

Great location, friendly staff. Comfortable beds.

Dirty sidestreet

I like everything!

I like everything! Thank you

The location is super.
    • Classic Double Room

The location is super. The room is small

Impeccable location
    • Classic Double Room

The bed is too big to fit in a tiny room, making it not enough space to open the luggage.

Impeccable location

Sound

Sound

Location was good
    • Classic Double Room

Air con leaked all over floor. I reported it but no action taken. Had to get many clothes dry cleaned due to soaking wet floor.

Location was good

Great location and great neighbour restaurant for having breakfast (Wild&TheMoon)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nice small room, comfortable beds, hardly any noise.

Great exploring location
    • Classic Double Room

Our Aircon started leaking halfway through the second night but other than that everything was perfect :)

Clean hotel, with a good location
    • Classic Double Room

Room size is very small. We were upgraded to a deluxe room however room was still very small.

Very clean, good location.

Happy holiday, great location and lovely staff.

I can’t think of any.

Staff are very friendly. The organic cafe have latte with almond milk or coconut milk.

A bit noisy out towards the hallway from the room

A bit noisy out towards the hallway from the room

THE STAFF WAS SO FRIENDLY AND WE WERE UPGRADED TO A...

THE AC WAS NOT WORKING PROPERLY

THE STAFF WAS SO FRIENDLY AND WE WERE UPGRADED TO A BEAUTIFUL ROOM!

Wonderful location, modern and clean.

It was noisy

The hotel was renovated and everything is new, clean and modern.

Clean, new and well decorated.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The apartments are a little noisy

Clean, new and well decorated.

Everything was great.
    • Classic Double Room

Everything was great. The location, the cleanliness, the interior all as expected. The staffs are friendly too

• Classic Double Room

Location. Good use of room size well thought out. Very modern & well equipped.

Position in the city, close to the place I worked
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Price is too high compared to the quality of service. Very old furniture

Position in the city, close to the place I worked

The location was perfect, and everything you need is in the room. Bit small but we knew that already
    • Classic Double Room

Was a bit noisy in the hotel

Perfect location, friendly helpful staff.
    • Classic Double Room

Everything we needed in room. Didn’t use restaurant facilities. Location ideal for our short stay in Paris.

Great location and kind staff. Rooms ok, very clean.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast starts at 08:30, too late.

Perfect location. Very kind staff.

Browse Hotel Monsieur Helder traveller photo gallery