Reviews of Residence Henri IV 4 stars

50 rue des Bernardins, 5th arr., 75005 Paris, France

#82 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

It was ok, staff were great but it needs major renovations to Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

There is no light No plugs to charge iPhones Lamps seemed a bit dodgy No iornining facilities Carpets warn Reception area very tired and run down

The bed was comfortable and it was clean

Gorgeous small boutique hotel just out of the busy tourist area. Perfect!
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room had been recently renovated. The bathroom was exquisite and the view from small balcony was beautiful. All aspects of the room, including the handy kitchenette, were excellent.

Small yet perfect
    • Apartment

The rooms have so many little touches to make your stay comfortable and are beautifully furnished, all individually named around the history of Henry IV. The room we had was clean, cool and refreshing to return to at the end of a long day and we had a small balcony with furniture where our daughter did her make-up each evening. Even with the sofa made into a double bed there was plenty of room for four adults. Though close to the Seine, and main streets of Paris, there is very little noise from the street or other rooms in the hotel, and the breakfast menu offers a fabulous choice for a very reasonable price. Receptionist are on duty through the night, making you feel very safe during your stay and the staff are all incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. We had a late checkout and were able to leave our luggage securely and enjoy our last day. I would highly recommend this hotel.

We loved having the in room breakfast and eating it on the...
    • Apartment

The terrace could have used one more chair.

We loved having the in room breakfast and eating it on the terrace. The raisin buns and croissants were from an award winning bakery and we loved the view of the little park.

We go to Paris often. This is the most perfect hotel we have stayed in.
    • Apartment

The breakfast room is very small. If you aren’t down there early you won’t get a table. That said, they do offer to bring breakfast to your room

The beautiful, updated, comfortable room. The location perfect The staff

Staff was super friendly, we would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Everything great

Great location close to Notre Dame, great cafes and restaurants, yet tucked away at end of quiet little street. Hotel decor was so fun, really a great little boutique hotel.

Excellent place to stay. Staff could be better trained to deal with customer.
    • Apartment

Staff was rude to my younger son who went to get some milk for tea/coffee. They told him to go get it himself from the kitchen AND then staff shouted at him for going there. How immature and unhelpful

Excellent indoor air quality and location. Fresh air through balcony and windows. Quiet AC, Clean fresh beds, linen, kitchen , utensils and cutlery, and bathroom.

Perfect.
    • Double or Twin Room

Sorry to say but the mains we ordered from room service. The desserts were delicious though!

Location was amazing. The accommodation itself was beautiful and very clean. Breakfast very nice and reasonably priced. We chose to have it in our room while sitting on the balcony which we loved! Fully stocked mini bar which was a bonus as one of the nights we stayed, it was terrible whether so we were able to stay in.

Enjoyable and relaxing
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is convenient to almost everything in Paris, either via walking or the Metro. The staff is friendly and helpful and the room was fairly typical of a three star hotel, but slightly larger than most.

Great boutique hotel in excellent location
    • Double or Twin Room

The light switches were very confusing! A half wall divider in the room made it feel smaller.

Our room had a lovely tiny rooftop terrace. Well stocked minibar, kitchenette and tea & coffee facilities in the room were very welcome. The bathroom was lovely and everything was very clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful and location was wonderful.

Stunning small hotel in the Latin Quarter.
    • Apartment

The only improvement required to to improve the strength and reliability of wifi.

Stunning small hotel in the Latin Quarter. This visit was our third visit in 10 years and the hotel and staff continue to excel. The rooms are spacious and appointed beautifully.

Very central to all attractions.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very central to all attractions. Hotel reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Hotel was very clean. If I had to come back again I certainly choose this hotel

Excellent service and location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The wifi was a bit slow unfortunately, measured at 1MB/s. The breakfast was undersold. It didn't seem very good when I read about it but it was really nice when it arrived.

Wonderful and friendly staff. They helped us with good recommendations and with sorting out bookings.

This was a fantastic place to stay, especially for first time visitors.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were very helpful and friendly. We were so close to everything including many options for the metro. The breakfast was great with fresh pastries every morning.

Wonderful!!
    • Apartment

Wonderful little hotel tucked down tiny street. My mom, sister and 8 year old daughter were here for 5 nights. Rooms are decent size (given 3 adults, 1 child in Paris). Sitting room with a pull out couch (which was actually REALLY comfortable) and larger bedroom. Tiny kitchenette and fairly large and modern bathroom. Get the 8 euro per person breakfast delivered each morning - quite a bargain - included baguettes, croissants and other pastries, yogurt, fruit cup, hot drinks and OJ. Great location within walking distance to Notre Dame and then on across the Siene to the other side. Staff was always pleasant and helpful. Cute little park with playground next door - which was great for my daughter to burn off energy a few afternoon. Looking forward to returning again!

Very mediocre trying to fake as classic and classy. Too expensive for what it was.
    • Double or Twin Room

The noise, the view, the looks of the hotel.

The room and the hotel as a whole was very different from the pictures on the site. It was located on a building site where work started very early in the morning with a LOT of noise. The view was so ugly that I decided not to open the curtains.

The most delightful hotel I’ve ever stayed in.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing. A perfect little hotel.

Delightful hidden gem of a hotel. Great location, great room and great staff. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. The room also has a small but useful kitchenette making it great for a short or extended stay.

Lovely accommodations, friendly service, helpful staff and wonderful ambiance.

Absolutely nothing.

I will remember this hotel all my life! Its a hidden gem. The people are kind and helpful, the food is wonderful and the accommodations are second to none. I could LIVE here.

Nice and very helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice and very helpful staff.They make specially for us research and very good recommendation for the restaurants.Very clean and quit room (small, like in Paris,but nice).Great location.Beautiful place

The staff was exceptional and went to great efforts to make my stay pleasureable.
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi had a weak signal and I found it hard to work in the evenings. There was construction inside the hotel that started daily at 7 am. This was quite loud and made it hard to sleep through.

I wish the eggs were included in the breakfast, but the alternate of meat and cheeses were a nice replacement. A very nice selection of beverages in the mini-frig.

Great staff, fun rooms, comfy beds, beautiful bathroom.
    • Apartment

Better control of room temperature. We turned off heat but found it still too warm in room but it was too noisy with windows open. Maybe turn heat down at night.

Beds really comfy and the staff were extremely helpful.

Lovely place, but ladies take a mirror....not much natural light
    • Double or Twin Room

Lack of natural light. No shaver/toothbrush socket and expanding mirror

Like we were staying in authentic old Paris, lovely traditional decor. Very helpful staff

Wonderful staff & beautiful rooms!
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were so friendly, this was my first trip away by myself and I stupidly forgot a plug converter - the staff lent me one to use for the night and then were able to advise me/help with travel. Beautiful rooms too! Would definitely stay again!!

Excellent hotel in a great position.
    • Double or Twin Room

Well kept property with agreeable decor. Very comfortable and room spacious with a little but useful kitchenette. Staff were friendly and helpful. Definitely would stay again as it was in an excellent position very close to the met and an excellent patisserie!

Great hotel
    • Apartment

The only negative point is that when you take a shower, you end up dropping some water throughout the floor because the glass protection is too narrow. But it doesn't bother us at all.

The staff is very kind, friendly and helpful. They kept safe 2 pieces of luggage in the hotel for some days so that we could travel to another city and return to the hotel later on. The room has microwave oven, a cooktop and a fridge. That was very convenient for us to have both breakfast and dinner in our room when we wren't in the mood of having our meals out. The bathroom is modern.

An exceptional stay. I have only great words for this hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

There is nothing negative about Residence Henri IV. I loved every single bit of my experience!

I absolutely loved by stay at Residence Henri IV. If I could give them 10 stars, I would. Before going to Europe, I had sent them several messages, and they responded promptly and very respectfully. We arrived late at night, but there was someone at the reception, who welcomed us very warmly. The staff were extremely courteous and very accommodating. We absolutely loved the interior of the hotel -- it is beautiful to say the least; the rooms are very intricately designed in a true French fashion. We loved the little details -- from the design of the curtains to the lamps to the bed frame to the wall art to the ceiling -- it was perfect. I felt like I was in a chateau! The room is pristine clean, the hotel is in an amazing part of the city, with wonderful restaurants and boulangeries around. It is an excellent value for the price, and I wish I stayed longer :) Thank you, Residence Henri IV, for a wonderful experience. I loved it. Please expect me to come back :)

Nice quiet hotel in a fabulous area of Paris.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice quiet hotel in a fabulous area of Paris. The rooms aren't huge but the beds are comfortable and its lovely and clean. Great power in the shower! Staff are friendly and helpful, and the continental breakfast in bed at €8 per head is good start to the day.

Though the company is not linked to the transfer company -...
    • Apartment

Though the company is not linked to the transfer company - the driver who picked us up was quite unprofessional. One of the first things he asked was if we have cash to pay anday he asked more than once. When we reached the airport, he offered no assistance with taking luggage out of the car yet he had the audacity to try and give me his business card, which I refused. This was in sharp contrast with the driver who met us at the airport - he was absolutely professional.

A good location, small but cozy

The night manager/ front desk was horrible. He was inattentive, not helpful, and made is feel like we were putting him out. He kept this review from being perfect across the board, because everything and everyone else was terrific.

The daytime staff was phenomenal. Met every need, extremely friendly and helpful with our every need and request.

Feels like genuine classic France
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was a bit tight. They have a wide variety of rooms (hence the character comment above). A bit of a lottery to know if you will get a bigger or smaller room. The elevator is not made for moving people and luggage! Not a problem just more character

Great character and attentive staff

i did not like my stay in that hotel and will not go back
    • Double or Twin Room

The outside building was attractive but the rooms are not. I will never go back to that hotel

The room was old, extremely small and uncomfortable.The floor was covered with a very old and dirty carpet. When I asked a pair of slippers (as there were none in the room), I was told by the staff that they did not have any left.

It was very easy and fun.
    • Double or Twin Room

I don't like divers in a warm climate. Blanketswere available, but no sheet which would have not necessitateded us removing the cover from the duve.

The staff,location and the character of the room. The breakfast was excellent and value for money.The mini bar was well stocked and at retail prices. The room was well ventilated.

Perfect & quaint! Would return in a heartbeat!
    • Double or Twin Room

Only suggestion would be a kitchen towel or paper towels for doing dishes in the kitchen. And it took me a few moments to figure out turning off the automated stove top, even with reading the directions!

We loved the spacious room with 2 closets and place to put our suitcases. Loved having a kitchenette and grocery down the street! We enjoyed eating 2 meals on our little balcony and opening the French windows in the bathroom in the morning. We had the option of A/C but didn't need it during our time there. The bed was comfortable, though I do miss having a lighter top sheet in the hotels in general in Europe. The room was clean and absolutely perfect for our stay! We even received a friendly email from the staff prior to our stay. Thank you SO very much!

Lovely location, quiet side street, close to Notre Dame, Pantheon etc. Lovely time. Thank you

LIFT! Very very small. Only just enough room for 2 people with little luggage

Courtesy of staff. Balcony small but private. Cleanliness. Breakfast served in room.

Wdonerful - we loved it!
    • Double or Twin Room

We had a lovely stay. The bedroom was beautiful with the windows opening up for a cross breeze, the bed comfortable and the front of house staff couldn't do enough to help us. A wonderful experience and we'll definitely come back.

Nice stay
    • Double or Twin Room

I think staff could have been more hospitable. When we left, the staff didn't ask us about our stay.

Hotel was beautifully designed. Location was excellent in the heart of Latin Quarter.

Small gem in Paris
    • Double or Twin Room

I would have preferred a bed made with one large mattress rather than two singles pushed together.

Lovely hotel in a great area. Close to the metro, shops, restaurants etc. We asked for a room with a balcony and a bath, and we got this. We were delighted with it. The bath salts were a nice addition! The staff were all very helpful and friendly. It was so helpful that we could print off our boarding passes and leave our luggage at the hotel for a few hours before our evening flight.

Paris is beautiful and friendly I will return
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I didn't like here could have stayed longer

The hotel was super and staff even more super and friendly. Tucked nicely in from the busy road it was quiet. Situated just a short walk down to the river near notre dame. Everything was easy loved it.

True Parisian charm
    • Apartment

We did not have breakfast as my daughter had gluten free needs

Charming and beautiful designs and lovely authentic parisienne feel . Great location . Would return .

Great location, great staff, but overpriced
    • Double or Twin Room

The interior design of the room was not as advertised. Our room on the upper floor was very small, minimally furnished, no bedside tables, narrow bed, no place to sit other than at the desk. In comparison to other hotels in Paris I find Henri IV too expensive for what it offers.

Staff was great, very friendly and helpful. Location is fantastic, walking distance to the Seine and lots of great restaurants nearby.

Isn't Paris Great?
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was billed as 4 star - it seemed to me to be a solid 3 (even with the kitchenette). Nothing here to dislike - just temper your expectations.

Great location for getting around town and seeing the sights. Paris has the best Metro in the world, but there's plenty to see within easy walking distance of this hotel. The staff provided great recommendations for local eateries (the wine bar/restaurant just down the street would rate a return visit next trip). Shopping was varied and interesting ranging from French children's books for our grandchildren at 1 euro each to a finely crafted hat for my wife from a local milliner.

We hope to return!
    • Apartment

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Although the family rooms are smallish, they are tastefully and stylishly decorated. The location is terrific. We also liked the option of breakfast in the room! Convenient to lots of good restaurants and boulangeries!

Affordable Parisian Elegance

having to leave

This stylishly decorated and furnished hotel offers generous rooms (for Paris), including a tiny but useable kitchenette, and well appointed bathrooms of generous proportions. Staff are exceptionally helpful. Comfort and style rule here. It overlooks a small park in an impasse off the Rue Des Ecoles and is delightfully located just out of the tourist area and handy to many great bistrots, the Seine and the metro.

Great hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Very clean, quiet. Super friendly and helpful statff. Many restaurants close by. 5 minute walk from Notre Dame. 2 minutes from hop on hop off bus route. Just lovely!!

This was an outstanding experience in every way.
    • Double or Twin Room

This was an outstanding experience in every way. The room was actually larger than I anticipated, decorated in quality period original or reproduction decor, with a roomy bathroom, very tastefully done, and two small armoires. The location is perfect, in the heart of the Latin Quarter, set back from a busy street in a charming cul de sac. I enjoyed sipping my coffee on the tiny balcony each morning, and the lobby is a joy to return to after wandering about Paris. The staff went out of its way to be helpful and responsive. I would stay here again if I had the good fortune to return to Paris at any time. Beware the tiny Parision elevator of course, only large enough for two people or one person plus one suitcase, and three steps on each floor above 0 from the elevator to the rooms. I can't comment on breakfast because I only used my very tiny but completely adequate minibar fridge (overstuffed with offerings of wine etc. to buy), microwave, stovetop and sink. I was even provided with two settings of plates, wine glasses, flatware, wine opener, and a large pot. The only (insignificant) drawbacks were that the door to my room was such a tight fit that I almost needed help opening it, and the somewhat shaky outlets are all near the floor, so charging devices (with my own adapters for European outlets) was a challenge. The cleaning service was a bit uneven. But I didn't really mind any of these drawbacks because the overall advantages were so wonderful.

Great Place to Stay to See Paris
    • Apartment

I can't really think of anything.

Everything about our stay was better than we could have hoped. This was our first trip to Europe and we did not know what to expect. We were delighted at every turn with the Residence Henri IV. The staff, every one of them, went out of their way to make our stay wonderful. The location was perfect on a quiet cul-de-sac in the Latin Quarter. It was an easy walk to Notre Dame, the Pantheon, the Metro, cafes, restaurants, parks etc. The weather was a little warm when we were there so it was always nice to return from our walks to an air-conditioned room. We were on the 5th floor, nice view. Nice elevator too.

Best hotel in Paris$
    • Double or Twin Room

This American missed wash cloths but I never find them in France. Next time I will remember to bring my own!

The patio was amazing. Sat outside morning and night just enjoying the view and the sounds. Staff very friendly and helpful. Kitchenette ideal for snacks and wine. Location the best-so close to every thing we wanted to do in two days.

An authentic Parisian boutique hotel. We felt very safe and comfortable there.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were fluent in English and were very eager to help us find local attractions. They made arrangements for our ride to the airport with a firstclass driver and van for an uber price. The hotel was quaint, traditionally decorated and clean. The Air conditioning was a life saver. We highly recommend Residence Henri IV

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Don't think twice!

Everything was great

This hotel is a gem! The location brilliant and it has a warm and friendly environment with exceptionally clean and comfortable rooms. Love this hotel have stayed 3 times over 5 years it remains my number one.

My favorite hotel in Paris!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

WiFi connection wasn't good this time

My favorite hotel in Paris! Great rooms, staff, view, location! We had a two-rooms apartment with a cozy balcony

My two daughters and I stayed here for 4 nights.
    • Apartment

My two daughters and I stayed here for 4 nights. The staff was very helpful, our room was just perfect. Loved having the balcony! Neighborhood was full of great shops, making it easy to bring dinner home.

Great place for a couple
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No menu of expense of refrigerator contents Refrigerator so packed with wines we were unable to use it without unpacking

Lovely physical surroundings Quiet Day and weekend front desk staff were WONDERFUL

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

So good I really ought to keep it to myself
    • Double or Twin Room

We would have liked a room on a higher floor but needed single beds so that wasn't possible. It was still a lovely room though.

The hotel was extremely quiet even though it is so central, and the desk staff were wonderful.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Fantastic boutique hotel!
    • Apartment

Fortunately, we brought extra phone chargers (& of course a converter), as the sole available outlet was near the floor in the kitchenette. I'm recommending that they install power strips in the rooms, but best to be prepared.

Gorgeous historical ambiance with excellent conveniences. Perfect location, in city centre but on a lovely quiet street. Congenial staff, very comfortable, great breakfast. Absolutely our first choice for the next visit!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Charming small hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds have only down-filled comforters --- no top sheets provided, even when we asked for them. As a result, room was too hot, and sleep fitful even when window was open to 50-degree air outside. Other than that, room was well-designed with small sitting area and Pullman kitchen which we used for breakfast and carryout from lovely stores nearby.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

probably the best we can have in Paris
    • Double or Twin Room

Minimalist breakfast (maybe on the top side for Paris). Could not get the room before 2pm. Sometimes had to wait 5 minutes for someone to show up at the reception (happened twice). The desk in he room is microscopic with lost of useless things on it. Too hard to work on it.

Large room, quite location, very good bed, clean. I have never slept so well in Paris. The staff is welcoming. In the room, there is a large enough safe to store a laptop computer. They provide bathrobes. Weird mosaic on the wall of the bathroom (Henri IV).

Nice stay if you can afford it
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

not coffee machine despite having a kitchenette - kettle & instant coffee it's eye-wateringly expensive

fab location, lots of character and charm, while being clean and comfortable staff super-helpful

This is a great hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had a scent in our room that my wife struggled with a bit. May have come from air freshener.

Property is in a great location very close to Notre Dame and lots of fun restaurants and shops. Hotel decor is great. Room we stayed in was spacious and very nice.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

We'd go back there again in a minute - in fact we did, changing our last night's reservation.

No complaints!

The location was wonderful, the staff very helpful, and the atmosphere was ideal if you are looking for a charming, character-filled experience.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Very nice small Hotel with nice classic rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

Taking into account the location and overall comfort I found it a bit too expensive

Very nice small Hotel with nice classic rooms. The room was very nice including a small kitchen that would be usefull for a longer stay.

Beautiful boutique hotel in a fantastic location
    • Double or Twin Room

The last night we had to take 2 separate rooms on different floors, so we had to let one parent go with 1 kid each, since there were not 2 rooms available next to each other.

Personal attention was great. Staff helped us book airport transfer and told us about flat fare via Paris Taxi to airport and back.

Very well located hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The elevator was a little tight but have to admit it is an old building with I guess the elevator that fits on it.

The room was very clean and the bathroom spacious.

Above and beyond!
    • Apartment

The staff as ridiculously friendly and welcoming! Just what we needed to start our two day stay in Paris after a week in lovely Spain! The room was tight but we had the top floor and appreciated the doors opening on the balconies. Fabulous location! And they even emailed me when I forgot my favorite pair of jeans! Am overjoyed and beyond service!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Absolutely wonderful
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing; they've turned hospitality into an art here.

This hotel was perfect! The place is ideally located-- in the heart of historic Paris yet secluded enough from the main streets to feel quiet and cosy. Our room was gorgeous--large by European standards-- with a big, comfortable bed, roomy bathroom, two lovely balconies and a kitchenette that had everything we needed for a couple meals in the room. I loved the unique touches to the decor that felt both elegant but homey. The breakfast was delicious, held in a cute little room and hosted by an excellent and friendly server. Perhaps the best part of this wonderful hotel is the staff. They are kind, courteous, and go the extra mile. They remembered our names and room number, offered terrific restaurant recommendations, and helped with transportation questions. When my husband unfortunately came down with a bad fever and cough, we asked for assistance in finding a doctor. Not only did they get us help, but they made an appointment for us with an physician right down the street that got him back to normal. I've stayed in a lot of cities in Europe, but this may be the best hotel I've found yet. It exceeded expectations at every level. I wish we never had to leave!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Lovely boutique hotel in fabulous city.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not really a negative - breakfast was of good quality and perfectly tasty and filling but with limited choice compared to larger hotels. Additional choice WAS available at a surcharge.

The room! More like a tiny flat with separate bedroom and living room, kitchenette and luxurious bathroom. Quiet and very comfortable. Great staff. Location just a short walk from Notre Dame with RER B to CDG airport and RER C running along the river for convenient stops to Eiffel Tower and Versailles.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Fabulous location, friendly and helpful staff
    • Double or Twin Room

The loo was supposed to clean and dry you but it didn't work. The sink plug was faulty and difficult to operate.

Location, the kitchenette, the friendly and extremely helpful staff. Considering the location it was very quiet. There was a small balcony which I couldn't use because of the weather, but would be a great feature on sunny days/warm evenings - it overlooked a small park.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

I will definitely stay here again
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi was free but not very strong. Had a number of times when the devices just spun. This is not a distraction though. The majority of the time it was fine.

Beautiful hotel, well appointed with classy furniture and very modern bathroom. Plenty of hot water. Perfect location close to Pantheon and Notre-Dame.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

A miniature palace in the heart of Paris
    • Apartment

Staff so friendly and kind especially when we left a bag in a taxi, they went above and beyond to help us. The beds incredibly comfortable The decor Location Quietness

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

A nice boutique hotel.
    • Apartment

We loved this boutique hotel tucked in a little side street yet so close to everything. The 2 rooms with a little kitchenette was the reason I picked this hotel for our 5 days stay in Paris. We loved the decor and the whole feel of this place. Staff was very polite and helpful. Can definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Perfect stay for our honeymoon
    • Double or Twin Room

Great place to stay in Paris to visit all the landmarks. Staff were fantastic and the bed was very comfortable. The parking was recommended by the staff and worked out relatively cheap for Paris. Loved the kitchenette as it gave us the freedom for to eat in out

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Gorgeous and lovely!
    • Double or Twin Room

Beautyful, carefully restored rooms in an old, very atmospheric building. Right in the middle of the Quartier Latin, only a few minutes walk to the Notre Dame and the Seine. Very friendly staff, got us upgraded to a gorgeous suite. Lovely breakfast downstairs.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Fine Boutique Hotel Close to Transportation
    • Double or Twin Room

I thought I'd booked a room with a balcony, but those are only in suites. Book well in advance to get this luxury.

Multi-lingual staff were awesome. Bed really comfortable and room a nice size. The hotel is located near Metro lines and is quiet. Breakfast is good and generous. The most interesting thing was the high-tech toiltet with remote control! Also liked that they provided bath salts to soak after a long day of walking.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Eh
    • Double or Twin Room

Warning, the pictures can be deceiving! Not all of the rooms look as fabulous as depicted on the website! When we arrived, we were directed to a room that was downright gross-stains on the carpet and chairs, run down, water stains on the walls and ceiling, and smelly. When we complained, we were directed to another room that looked like it was recently remodeled. It was better than the first room and overall it was OK, but the experience left a bad taste in my mouth. I did not expect this type of experience for the amount of money that we paid. They have a key policy that was strange to me. You had to turn in your key each time you left the hotel and had to pick it up when you came back. This made me feel uneasy, as not every desk clerk asked me our name when i asked for our room number key. This means anyone could just walk in and get a room key!

The hotel is in a great location and overall it's not horrible, but it's not great either. The staff was friendly and once we got into our remodeled room we noticed that the fixtures in the bathroom were higher end, namely the toilet with a built in bidet and dryer LOL. The wifi also worked well.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

The hotel is only a few minutes waking to St Michel RER...

Mosquitoes

The hotel is only a few minutes waking to St Michel RER direct to CDG airport. The quality of the interiors is very good. Wifi was reansonable, and free. The front counter staff help me book a table for dinner at a nearby restaurant.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Delightful, but for one bump in the road with our breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Sunday morning breakfast -- out of eggs! In France; no omelet!? Hopefully won't happen again, as we would eagerly stay there again.

Wonderful hotel close to Notre Dame; rooms clean, very nice, with private bath.

Browse Residence Henri IV traveller photo gallery