Reviews of Hilton Evian Les Bains 4 stars

Quai Paul Léger, 74500 Évian-les-Bains, France

#10 of 19 hotels in Évian-les-Bains

• Executive King Room with Access to Executive Lounge

Parking was under the hotel, and we took a while to work out how to get in. We probably would have been better just using the free parking outside on the street.

We were made to feel special, and having access to the executive lounge was very nice. The breakfast was perfect, and the location was stunning, with views across to Switzerland. Watching the rain move in on the opposite shore was still a beautiful moment. Our balcony was perfect for spending time in the early evening, and the room was spacious and clean. Both swimming pools were excellent and the attendants were very helpful and informative.

It advertised they had a restaurant but it was only open Friday and Saturday evenings, would have been good to be aware of this before we booked.

We had a lovely view of the lake and nice to have a spa in the hotel.

Every thing great

More servers like rent a car company office should be available. Most of this type of severs should be available in Hilton in Evina rather than requested from Thanon Regards

Need to be aware of that there are extra charge for access to the spa in the hotel. (It's written on the introduction, but we did not see it ) We ordered food to eat inside the room. We were disappointed with the food. We asked for a beef to cooked well done and it provided us midum rare. Also, the vegetable and the fries were cold when arrived

The staff was very friendly. When we arrived at the hotel, they asked us if we like to upgrade to the lake view and they found a good price for us. The facilities were clean and nice. We enjoyed the sauna and the hammam. The bed was very comfortable. The atmosphere in the hotel is very relax and comfortable.

Minor issue that the car park under the hotel closes overnight, not a big issue as I just parked on the street.

Great location and good value compared to a couple of 'cheaper' hotels I had staying in the same week. Classic Hilton 4 star hotel, you know what you will get.

There ido not provide complimentary water in the room unless you are a Hilton honor member, it is strange ! You are in Evian and no drinking water in the room , one star hotel they do not do this.

The staff was very kind they provide us complementary upgrade to Deluxe Room with great view of the lake and in additional i consider the Hilton Evian is my second home as a favorite hotel. i would like to thank specially for the front staff and bellman was very helpful for valet parking and carrying my stuff. also they invite me for new year party was great.

The staff was amazingly thoughtful!! We went for the weekend for my husband’s birthday and as soon as they knew about it they had all these gestures to make our stay special. The hotel as a whole was comfy and nice.

A few bits needed some TLC, but overall very good. Breakfast spread good but expensive.

A very nice hotel, big comfy rooms, nice hotel bar, great hotel restaurant, awesome food and at a good price. great swimming pool and spa area. Great water front location. And very friendly staff.

I did not appreciate at all the fact that the hotel Hilton Evian , could comunicate informations about my arrival and departure to a third party which called the staff of the hotel on that purpose ...the Hilton hotel has not respected my privacy on my stay at their hotel , I consider it as a major mistake which could be subject of a legal issue . I will never use that hotel again because of their lack of discretion

Only one thing that I dislike in this hotel is that guests have to pay 20 euros/day to use the fitness center, whereas the monthly membership for non-guest is 32 euros!!!

The hotel is close to the port and the food is good too.

Staff always scowl and they don't smile at all+ not helpful and not professional

A lady from Cyprus works at the hotel, she is kind, helpful and cooperation.

The rooms

We had problem when we checked in we booked 2 rooms with u and told us only 1 room , when we asked to call u they agreed to give 2 rooms , they gave us 1 room with very bad smell and housekeeping and maintenance people admitted the room has a lot of defects and later they greed to change the room

Cleanliness and tidiness below par, level of service under 4 star standards, nearly all staff lack (good) manners and 4 star hotel services and reflexes - definitely not 4 star quality and overall disappointment for a 4 star Hilton hotel...

None. Kids club (one day) was closed during a weekday with no justification posted on the door.

Everything was great. Especially rooftop exec lounge. The service there was excellent and the view to die for. Kids club was also good and very friendly staff.

My special request to have connected rooms made when booking was not granted. I should have been informed that there was no availability of such rooms... and there was no effort to help at the hotel. The corridors and restaurant floors were not vacuumed.

Location was good. Spa & gym was also good. Restaurant service and food...

- Check-in delays - A pet friendly hotel which means you might not sleep properly due to dogs barking!! - Came one day to find my room door left open by the cleaning lady!! - Had to change rooms since AC was not working

- Big room - Good view - Great food

The access to the spa is obviously conditioned by the type of room reservation: I found it a bit "cheap" to ask for an extra 20€/pax to be able to access the wellness center (indoor pool, hamam and sauna). To address the issue, I thought I was better off booking 2 massages for my partner and I. However, I was surprised by this policy since in most hotels as long as you have a room reservation there is free access to the hotel facilities at large. We were also a bit disappointed because there were no more bikes available when we wanted to go for a ride but this service only operates on a first come-first served basis (no reservation possible). The hotel should also negotiate a preferential tariff for its costumers in the underground public parking lot.

My partner and I particularly liked the staff who was super friendly and very helpful. The room was large, well equipped and rather clean (bird poop on the balcony though). The breakfast was of very high quality. The location was perfect: the Casino was a five-minute walk away from the hotel and the lake was right across the road. The indoor pool was absolutely beautiful (and warm), the sauna with windows on the swimming-pool was a nice surprise and the wellness center was very well decorated. We enjoyed every second of our stay there.

I think that the Hamam and the sauna should be free of charge for ALL of the guests, not only for those who live in more expansive rooms.

Excellent:location,breakfast, size of room, spa Taaj. It is nice that there are 2 water pools at the hotel. Good personal.

Staff a bit disorganised. Reception didn't tell us where to find anything, including the free bike rental. No coffee making facilities. Expensive car parking under hotel with no discount for guests.

On the lakefront. Short walk to centre for shops, restaurants and main tourist sites. Complimentary macaroons & bottle of water on arrival in room. Spacious room.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

No soap in the bathroom I asked for a room on the upper floor but I was told that the hotel is full even if there was no guest around . I was ready to pay more but they told me there is no room available

The staff members were very kind and professional Many thanks to the hotel car driver One of the best among them He was so helpful. I forgot his name

I think this is perhaps the most depressing Hilton I have ever been in. I booked two rooms for two company executives for the weekend, as we had meetings in the area. The rooms were reasonably decorated (I would imagine more recently refurbished) and the bathrooms a good size (and very clean). Overall above average. However, the dining room is utterly dingy and depressing, in spite of one wall being a window - the tables are chipped and stained, the feeling is that of a tired, overused retirement home. The communal areas and corridors around the hotel feature chipped and scrapped walls, stained carpets and again, an air of desperate need for refurbishment... Not at all the smart hotel which I was hoping for... Having paid over 150 euros per night per room during an off-peak weekend, EXCLUDING breakfast ( avail at 25e/per person), I feel the hotel was very poor value in view of its tatty appearance, and will not be booking again, even though we will have a regular requirement in the area, from this month forward.

Staff were friendly, and obliging. The terrace is no doubt lovely on a bright and sunny day. Note, there is a road between the lake and the terrace, so it is not quite as idyllic as one might imagine. The rooms are a good size and clean to good standard.

The fruit served during breakfast was not fresh enough!

We booked twin room initially and the manager kindly changed to King room with comfortable king sized bed!

Very nice and professional staff Perfectly clean Beautiful view of the lake from my junior suite Great spa! Close to the casino and the center. I will definition come back.

I didn't like the parking the entrance was small and for last few days I used the valet parking they take long time to get the car up

I really like the reception stuff they were very nice and helpful they have nice smiles and welcoming

• Deluxe Twin Room

No hotel parking. Had to pay and the hotel doesn't refund. The WiFi was very shaky the first night, not too reliable. Plus if you're not a HiltonHonors member, WiFi is NOT free! Overall not worth the money we paid. There are much nicer hotels worth their value in the area.

The location was lovely and the breakfast quite good

The pool had only limited access for children. The restaurant was full in the evening, and at check-in we were not informed that it was necessary to make a reservation. The bar has no windows and more like a cave in the hallway. The bartenders did not speak English and brought the wrong orders.

Service in the bar in the evening was slow and food ordered took 40 minutes to arrive and was cold. On NYE we were expected to pay an extortionate amount to eat in the restaurant and there was no alternative to this. If we wanted to drink in the bar there was a charge as entertainment was provided. We were also charged for parking. Drinks in mini bar were several months out of date. Expected a better experience from Hilton.

Reception and breakfast staff were excellent. Good size room with plenty of facilities.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

I didn't like that we had to pay for the indoor pool and that the kids had only 1 Hour a day to use the pool . Wish there was a kids club . No parking at the hotel

Great buffet breakfast ! Great views of the lake !

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Fairly expensive for Hilton rooms but you have to take the location in to account. Building itself could have been a little more tastefully designed given it is in a really sweet spa town. Looks like a soviet era cold war bunker type building. Inside it does not - and is very comfortable and well staffed.

Fantastic location. Great for the golfing event which is why we are all based there. Free bar for those in executive rooms. Look after guests, nothing too much.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Noisy rooms Breakfast :dining tables are not that clean. Plastic placemats are being cleaned over and over again after each customer and they smell bad

Friendly welcoming staff

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

There were some unpleasant smells is parts of the common areas (guessing air quality issue). Not a major deterrent though. My husband doesn't remember this.

Beautiful hotel near everything. Nice and spacious Junior Suite w great views. Very friendly staff. Great pool w other kids but not crowded. Breakfast buffet was very good.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

the staff and there's a very very very bad smell in the hotel specially between the rooms and it is 3 out of 10 in the cleanliness rate i did not enjoy

the location

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

The staff was incredibly rude and everything was difficult to obtain eg. locker at the spa, transportation etc and took a time.

Manager of the hotel was very polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

The parking is not available for the guests which make us use the public parking

It was nice experience in hilton evian, hopefully will come again. The most thing attract us there is the breakfast which was so fresh and delicious. The staff was so kind and helpful

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

The beds are too hard and too short. Many stairs from lobby to the street. No direct elevator to street level. Maintenance gardens and outside building poor. Breakfast not outstanding.

The size of the room is good. Nice drop off and pick up service to restaurants in neighbourhood. Nice outside dining possible. Rive restaurant is the best in the hotel. Nice swimmingpool.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

1- Very poor service. 2- They changed our reservation as we didn't find what they had confirmed to us earlier without any notification. 3- very bad service. Rooms are not clean at all 4- in spite of informing the staff on things to be fixed in the room , they did nothing at all until we checked out.. 5- a international brand with poor service.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

The hotel needs some refreshing "face lift" The furniture is old The bathroom drain didn't work properly in all the 3 rooms we used

Location is excellent, Free WiFi was good , Business centre available, Most of the staff are friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Reception - inadequately staffed, two staff having to deal with guests queries - leaving those waiting to book having to wait a long time. For a hotel of this size and a mix of international guests, it needs an enquiries desk apart from reception. Wifi access difficult - we stayed in 10 hotels around Alps and northern Italy over 17 days and this was the worst hotel ever for accessing wifi - we gave up in the end! Very poor for a hotel of this standard

Breakfast excellent, car parking expensive but good. Brilliant pool. Very comfortable room. French restaurant at lakeside provided an excellent meal - albeit service is slow!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Breakfast could have more fish and seafood at all ... also Egg Benedict , salads which we missed ... compairing to Hilton Kiev breakfast is 2 points ...coffee was made with milk powder and very untasty one ...

Big rooms , balcony with view to pool and lake .

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The swimming pool is terribly shallow not agreeable at all! Even our teenagers stopped going mostly for this purpose

Staff is simply great in all aspects Kind, anticipating your desires Making everyone feel like at home

Very well presented hotel extremely clean and well presented room staff friendly and very helpful.

Comfort and breakfast

Fantastic breakfast buffet and friendly staff despite huge crowd

Quite close to the ferry station

Friendly customer service

evian is not very easy to reach, by car

great location central, excellent overall facilities, good food, easy parking.

It was very worn in many places indeed definitely not up to standard.

The helpful friendly staff especially Audrey.

Big beds

The old trees blocking the beautiful view of the lake

Everything were great

Old hotel, expensive for a 4 star hotel.

Coffee prices in the lobby are very high

Buildings tired maintenance needed

Nice location of hotel

This hotel does not cater and encourage children.

Great service in the evening. Considerate night manager met all our requirements even though we arrived at an unsociable hour

need some maintenance

• Deluxe Twin Room

Parking tight and expensive

Some days the room cleaning was not good

I like every thing in the hotel

The hill that people should reach in order to get in the hotel door. Plus the lights in the room was not enough

internet connection al little slow

Very helpfull and friendly staff -

Big rooms Relaxing place Very good and delicious breakfast Good view Near the center My kids enjoy the swiming pool

Literie excellente

Walls were dirty in my room unacceptable for an Hilton

Excellent staff and services

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Room walls were dirty and needed painting, expect more from a Hilton.

Staff very nice and helpful, spa and pool area beautiful.

room service stops at 11 , you can onpy eat cheese or cold meats after that time.

nice pool

Shower in the bathroom is very slow and very lowered. Need to be kept up and to high pressure of water flow.

All over the hotel , very good.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

I did not try the Restutant therefore I can't judge Only room service and was excellent

Location & staff

Large room with all facilities. Super view of lake

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Breakfast Staff

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

The staff went out of their way to help me make my husband's birthday special.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Strange smell in the hotel lobby. Also very strong smell of some sort of refresher in our room.

Nice spa area, clean room

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016