Reviews of Hilton Paris Opera 4 stars

108 Rue Saint-Lazare, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#772 of 1,600 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

We will never stay at a Hilton again if we have a choice. Sad because as Americans we wanted Hilton.
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

Paid equivalent of $758 a night for four nights and executive lounge was worst in world I have visited. Food was basically unacceptable Poppi’s for a stateside happy hour in a bar somewhere. Reception made us wait for a key because “the machine” was broken. Male employees were generally arrogant and officious.

I liked the doorman named Mr. Vann and the concierage named Sac (?) whose descendants were from Laos- sorry on name. A couple of friendly employees in the executive lounge and women wait staff in lobby bar.

• Superior Room

If they have a Japanese staff . It is perfect.

They have great sanitary situation. And this hotel’s location is very good , because access was very comfortable for me.I want to stay here again.

A great location.
    • Superior Room

A cleaning lady asked me to leave 45 min before check out time. A sleeping set (pillow spray and skin oil etc) costed 39 E. It is free in other chains... breakfast is below expectations and not to Hilton level.

A great location. A very welcoming staff at the reception and concierge.

THIEF (valour ) in the hotel . Be VERY CAREFUL
    • Superior Room

I lost my money in the room . And when i ask reception and manager on duty to call for police , they refuse , they know it was the concierge who went to the room without my presence or permission . Yet the hotel did nothing , and want to cover up . They shush me as i was talking because there were other guest .

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

I had a very long flying hours from home and we arrived...
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

I had a very long flying hours from home and we arrived early and asked to check in for me and my children they didn’t give us our rooms until 330 pm although I have sent them a request and of course it was totally ignored

Recommendable for long-weekend stays (2-3 nights).
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults)

Very comfy beds and nice bathroom. The room was quiet, yet pretty dark since it faced the inner courtyard, even after switching on the lights. Some very nice but for a Hilton rather limited breakfast options.

Only and Only the location.
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

booked room for 2 adult and 2 children and asked for extra bed, they let me stay first night then they let me pay 250 extra euro per night and said we cant stay in same room and i have to move to super suite so i ended up paying almost the double. the room ground was not clean , even there is non removable color in the ground which look disgusting. no facility for special need i have to carry my daughter trolley over 20kg 3 times each 5 steps and more to reach the elevator, reception dont speak good English and rude among very bad experiences. dont recommend it at all for families .

Only and Only the location.

Dont be happy if u have children, especially special need.
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

Staff not good. No communication. No special need help, room ground was not clear , u was forced to change to an 250 euro more expensive room because of there miss communication

Location is perfect

It was ok but look around and see if there's better value for money.
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

So so small Concierge staff quite rude Executive lounge looked like school desks from the 70's for the sort of money you are paying renovate it! We had a back room and all we could here all night was people fighting on the streets it was so loud we were there for 3 nights. Not worth the money at all

Great bed and location

Location staff where great!
    • Deluxe Room

Rubbish Room location number 462 - housekeeping lifts beside and it was like listening to a waterfall when the room about turned the taps on!!

Location staff where great!

The beds were extremely comfortable and the hotel was very...
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

The breakfast room does not seem to be big enough for all the guests, it was a little squashed.

The beds were extremely comfortable and the hotel was very clean.

Nothing, the room and its location were so poor it was...

Everything including polite staff - especially the Duty Manager

Nothing, the room and its location were so poor it was claustrophobic, we let you know we would be arriving late - 7.00pm, so for that we got the last room in the house nobody else would accept I believe. Your staff thereafter were abusive and we decided to leave - we do not want to hear from Hilton Staff that the room was worth £500.00 a night, we have stayed with Hilton all over the world, this is your worst hotel. We slept in the car and drove home in the morning, thank you Hilton Opera Paris.

Staff was very friendly and nice.
    • Deluxe Room

Room was so small that we could not move past the bed. The chair was jammed between the desk and bed. The room was humid and stuffy or freezing cold. Safety windows did not open enough. The gym had no ventilation and was dirty. Breakfast room was so crowded that we were seated in the cafe next to the hotel. Very nice cafe!

Staff was very friendly and nice.

Friendly staff and terrific location!
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

We had issues with our room, which were ultimately resolved but it was a bit bumpier than we would've liked.

Wonderfully helpful concierge staff - they found us terrific restaurants within walking distance! When we first arrived, our room was on street level. The staff worked to get us a quieter room, and was very helpful. All hotel staff were kind, friendly and courteous.

Disappointing because of all of the above comments.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults)

The housekeeping was dreadful. Our room was never cleaned properly. Don’t think the floor in the bathroom was washed once during our stay & one night - when we returned after s day out - a dirty cleaning cloth if towel was still on the bathroom floor from the morning. Also, under the beds was disgusting! Debris from previous guests in that room and so dusty I’m not sure it had ever been vacuumed. I would be very hesitant to stay there again without considerable change in cleaning. Regarding the dining room for breakfast. Grossly understaffed the first couple of days. The staff could not handle the number of guests at breakfast. Coffee ran out, clean dishes ran out, clean cutlery ran out etc. etc. None of the above is acceptable for a Hilton.

The staff were friendly. Virginie - at concierge - was fantastic help. Both before we arrived bed and during. I would like her to have a special commendation.

A great stay in a great location
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

The executive lounge wasn’t great. There should be more food available to eat during the day.

Nice and clean in a good location with easy access to shops and public transport.

Not good, expected more
    • Deluxe Room

Small room, without possibility to take fresh air and open a window, extra small bathroom, without bathrobes, compare to the other Hilton very bad.

Only location

Avoid for few months as very noisy with civil works behind hotel, couldn’t sleep, expensive
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

Construction work happening behind the hotel was very noisy and went on till late night and statutes very early morning. Was impossible to get a decent sleep. Avoid the hotel until the works behind the hotel are completed. Works might be relating to the bit that connects the hotel to st Lazare railway station. Very noisy and very expensive for sleepless nights. Fairly expensive for a bigger exec room but no bath.

Location is good for anyone who wants to spend a weekend in Paris for work or leisure. Good friendly staff at the hotel and a concierge staff was very helpful. Lounge in the main hall is very nice with a bar. Rooms are fairly basic and small but I guess that’s what you get in Paris. We went for a bigger double room and found it comfortable enough but small.

Good, but the facilities need improvement.
    • Deluxe Room

There is no place for private car to stop and alight, as taxis take up all the little available.

Location is good, being next to the shopping area and train station (provided it is needed).

Very pleasant stay
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

Breakfast wasn't great but there was a variety. The hot food was cold, so I only had breakfast for 1 of my 3 days.

Comfy bed, lovely decor. There's a good coffee machine in the room. Excellent staff and great concierge who are very knowledgeable and helpful. The grand salon is lovely and it has a lovely ambience.

The hotel added to the wonderful trip to Paris, France.
    • Deluxe Room

Something that is not controlled by the hotel: the difference in the exchange of currency

Hotel was beautiful. The staff, Guest Services and the Concierge were simply fantastic.

Baddddd!
    • Deluxe Room

So the stay was quite good , but I was really sad because after leaving the hotel I realise I forgot my wallet in the room ... and unfortunately hotel staff steal it .... I was trying to contact managers , but they ignored me and said nothing was found so we can't help ... first time in my life I was in this situation ... really frustrating ... I will not recommend it at alllll !!!

The worst 4 stars hotel we have been to!
    • Deluxe Room

Deluxe room is very small, no room for luggage so we put one valise on a small chair in the room the other on folded chair in the bathroom. Air-condition is directly at you so you are forced to cover yourself all time. Breakfast buffet served until 10:00 only, very limited regular quality, refill very slow, many items are missing even Baguette and no Air condition. Imagine Paris July 30 – 35 degrees, humidity 70-80%, try to enjoy morning coffee in a Sauna. Lobby very beautiful but poor Air condition. In short the worse 4 stars hotel we have been. Couple seniors age 70. Stayed 3 nights, July 2017

Location excellent.

really good breakfast, very comfy room, very good location,...

complimentary water was only given on day 1, i was there for around 4-5 days

really good breakfast, very comfy room, very good location, hotel had great facilities, staff spoke very good english and were very helpful

Great hotel, atmosphere, location and service. However, lot of noise outside because of station.
    • Deluxe Room

Our room was located at the back of the hotel, next to the big station. It was vey busy, lot of noise from men fighting, music ect. until 11 pm. I would probably have changed room if I had children. Also, they stop re-filling the breakfast at 10 am, eventhrogh it doesn't close until 11 pm. That was a little annoying, since you wanted to sleep in on a holiday, but now you had to be at the breakfeast room 9.30..

Great hotel, atmosphere, location and service. We were there for the Tour de france, and stayed for 6 nights. The breakfast was nice to and american with pancakes, waffles, cake ect, and service was again great. Very very drinks and lunch in the lounge, with nice quite lounge music, great for playing cards, working and relaxing. Took 20 minuttes to walk to champs elysee, and 7 minuttes to the big gallery lafayette.

The hotel was very central.
    • Deluxe Room

The rooms were much smaller than the pictures shown on the website. The rooms had absolutely no views. It was a dead end with some construction sight.

The hotel was very central. Location was good.

A wonderful restful retreat in the heart of Paris
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

i can't fault this hotel!

Breakfast scrambled egg and bacon particularly tasty. Bed very comfy. Shower best shower in the world! Executive lounge was excellent- kept us going with sweets and drinks. Bar downstairs was amazing- very polite staff very efficient. Very highly trained staff from the chamber maids to reception staff to waiting staff, all said hello or bonjour. We were well looked after. We had a complementary bottle of wine and chocolates as it was our anniversary. A nice surprise. I would definitely recommend and book here again.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Great stay at Hilton Paris Opera
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults)

The property itself is fine, updated and very friendly.

The Customer Service / Front desk and concierge were all very helpful and professional. We requested two beds in the room through Booking.com and upon arrival it was one king bed. After informing the front desk, they remedied the situation quickly and all was well with our stay. The location was convenient and the train was steps away from the front door. We will return again. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

HILTON PARIS OPERA is LUXURY!
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

In upper Paris area so saved all upper Paris agenda for this location. Little further from Eiffel Tower. A lot more homeless in area but staff keep a watchful eye and will rescue you if bothered.

Absolute luxury! The executive suite was divine! It was as big as an apartment! Couldn't complain! Super spacious, clean, furnished, not one thing left unturned. The shower was clean and water pressure perfect! The room is equipped with lots of seating furniture, outlets, lamps, plugs. My absolute favorite was the executive lounge access. Free buffet breakfast in a private, cozy, comfortable lounge with snacks, drinks, cafe machines, sofas, flat screens. We ate there every morning! Will stay here again! Next door to metro!

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Luxury turns into a hassle!
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults)

I requested allergy free room due to down allergy. Did not have!! Requested connecting rooms as we were traveling as a large family with three rooms. Did not get. They had it- but refused to give it to us due to a club change. The first night my daughters bed had NO bedding and we waited until 12:30 at night to get anything at all! My child is 4-so this is unacceptable. She slept with a mattress cover as a blanket! They didn't even care. They didn't see a problem with it! Our first night in Paris was all about the hotel. The staff thought changing one of our three rooms to an executive club room was sufficient for all of this! Absolutely made a dream trip to Paris with my mother and daughter a challenge! The first room we had you had to straddle the toilet to open the door!! We made the best of it, but when I think of it I get upset again. Every time we asked the concierge for a recommendation, they knew nothing of what we needed. We did need a Dr once on our trip and that was quick and very resonable priced.

Once the arrangements were somewhat corrected, it was clean.

Everything was okay though the room is extremely small.

We weren't aware that the penalty would be applied for smoking in the room - they should tell the guest about the policy when they check in - 200 euro has been added to my bill without a warning given or something to inform us of this.

Everything was okay though the room is extremely small.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Absolutely nothing
    • Deluxe Room

I am horrified by the service we received at the hotel; on arrival a new receptionist who was being trained under NO Supervision at all, charged my partner and I by mistake more than 1000 euros on my Credit Card!!!!! This amount has been held in my bank account for more than 10 days and have not yet received an apology from the hotel. Very sad... never staying at a Hilton hotel again.

Absolutely nothing

Wonderful Hilton in a great location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults)

checking in was a bit slow.

bed was comfortable and the furnishings and tile where beautiful. Lobby staff/doormen/concierge- always friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Room

A bit expensive, for example a small packet of Pringle crisps in our room cost €7 outrageous price so advice for others don't eat what's on display in your room.

The location of hotel

Glamour weekend in Paris
    • Deluxe Room

It would be a nice touch to place a pair of sleepers and a bathrobe in the room, I missed them. It is not hygienic to walk on the carpet with bare foots where you enter in shoes that you wore on the street. I usually carry sleepers with me but I thought that in a 5 star hotel is a basic feature.

absolutely superb service, beautiful interior, everything was up to the highest standards, cleanliness, no noise which is kind of a big deal (double entrance door to the room plus one more door from the little foyer to the bed room), 6 USB charger plug in the room, great lighting and big window even in the bathroom. Heated bathroom floor, great water pressure in the shower and handheld and shower from the ceiling as well. Great location (Printemps Department Store and Galleries' Lafayette are in walking distance) and service. Overall superb experience.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

This is comment to Booking Genius member program - the...
    • Deluxe Room

This is comment to Booking Genius member program - the facility did not know anything about the "genius" perks that booking.com advertises. There was supposed to be free welcome drink, and hotel stuff told me that it is water in the rooms, that is available to absolutely all guests. This is misinformation from booking.com site.

Great and friendly home in Paris
    • Deluxe Room

They noticed that is was my wife's' birthday on the day when we checked in. When we came to our room in the evening, there was a hand-written happy birthday note and complimentary wine and chocolate on the table. How awesome!

Location was excellent for shopping at the department stores.
    • Deluxe Room

Had an Executive Room with only 1 chair and a sofa missing - we telephoned reception 3 times to request another chair or sofa each time the staff said that they would sort it out but nothing happen. Executive Room had very little food offerings especially during lunchtime and afternoon - only supplied leftover breakfast pastries. Our bathroom door in our room was badly worn. Breakfast room was too small for the amount of guests.

Location was excellent for shopping at the department stores.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Enjoyed our stay.... not sure it's worth the money though!!
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast was not good for a hotel of this standard.. food cold and not enough selection.. Also the bar area was cold..

The hotel was in a good location and was very clean and the staff very helpful.. I was asked for a 400 euro deposit for mini bar which annoyed me so I told staff empty mini bar and I didn't pay the 400 euro this was a down side and also the breakfast buffet was not what I'd expect from a hotel of this standard.. not enough variety and food was cold.. but overall the hotel is very nice and we enjoyed our stay..

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

do not stay in this hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults)

the receptionist alexander made our staying in this hotel awful he's very rude and has no manners and arrogant and provocative , we had and an issue with the extra bed and he literately kicked us out of the hotel and told us that my brother can sleep in the lobby or book another hotel for him he did not let my brother in the room because there is no space for extra bed -although i have sent dozens of emails and called them about the extra bed and in booking.com room description there was nothing that there is no extra bed can be fitted in the room -he did not give us any alternative choices and did not apologies and did not co-operate with us and i quote from him " YOU SAW A CHEAP PRICE AND BOOKED THE ROOM AND DID NOT READ " how do you hire a receptionist who says those kind of things to a customer although we're a member in hilton honors he did not treat us well A big shout out and thanks to the receptionist angelie she was really co- operative and understanding and helped us to move into another room that my brother can stay with us at the same hotel and she checked on us and made sure everything is good

great hotel great location near galleria lafayete decent breakfast the rooms are very clean

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Ideal location for shopping lover and Eurostar user from London
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast! - Located at mezzanine floor with low ceiling - Limited variety of foods available

Location and value for money - One stop from Paris Nord Station - Walking distance from major department stores - Good subway access for other shopping area - Traditional public space with modern newly refurbished room - Relatively spacious, which is unique in Paris.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

A very nice choice!
    • Deluxe Room

The rooms although very cute, are tiny! Very expensive mini-bar.

A very nice choice! An excellent location! I would stay in Hilton Opera again and recommend it to other travelers.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

worst stay in fourteen years in staying at this hotel
    • Deluxe Room

No hot water first night , room poor standard , bottle of water and some mints to say sorry does not cut it , bathrom design awkward

Staff were excellent ,

Lovely stay at a lovely hotel
    • Superior Room

Be careful in the bar 36 euro for 2 g&t ouch!!!!

We were on honeymoon they upgraded our room put hand written note and a bottle of wine the staff could not of done more to help the breakfast was fab ....

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Cash stolen from room.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults)

Cash stolen from my room. Attitude of staff. Nowhere to sit in bar area, becuase far too many non residentst use hotel. Overpriced hotel

Room was comfortable

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

A Very Memorable Dec stay in Paris @ Hilton Paris Opera.
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

If i really have to nitpick, it would be breakfast items can be improved (though they do have bacon, scrambled eggs, croissant and other breads, salads, noodles/etc). Also, the same exact items were at the buffet table the 2nd day.

Firstly, the check-in process was extremely efficient and pleasant. We stayed in the Executive room on the 2nd floor, so the bed, bath and the room is extremely comfy, with everything we expect from a 4/5 star hotel in Paris centre. The staff are always friendly, and smiling so that adds to the good service. The location is fantastic with plenty of restaurants, and shopping within walking distance. My family found the Christmas light-up decor along Rue Haussmann (and outside Galeries Lafayette and Printemps) to be the best anywhere we have seen so far, including Singapore.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Hilton Opéra, Paris
    • Deluxe Room

I liked everything and disliked nothing, otherwise would not be returning here every year when I am in Paris.

Location, as I always say about this hotel. Location is the winning point - right next to St. Lazare station, a stone's throw away from the grand stores like Printemps and Galerie Lafayette - what more could one ask for? And of course, the friendly staff, the quality of room and service - all together complete the experience.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

The hotel is renovated.
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

Breakfast could be richer. They serve only one kind of cheese in a cheese country of French! Breakfast service is poor. When one food finish they put new after you warn them. Even croissants. Be careful of concierge. We wanted to go to airport by train and they suggested to take a taxi. They told us it would take only 30-35 minutes but it took us 2 hours to arrive in Paris evening traffic!!

The hotel is renovated. The atmosphere is nice. Rooms are quite good and big enough.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Awesome hotel, a little pricey for some.

No dislikes

Historic building with excellent modern improvements. Location near premier shopping, train station and cafes.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Short but pleasant
    • Superior Room

Rooms a bit small but comfortable and tastefully decorated

Fabulous breakfast good variety catering for all tastes friendly attentive staff

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The rooms, the hotel building and above all the staff
    • Deluxe Room

Could not fault this hotel

The rooms, the hotel building and above all the staff

The location, the atrium

The location, the atrium

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Deluxe room was very small
    • Superior Room

Deluxe room was very small Looking like nothing special Beautiful as all hotel but nothing special

very nice hotel, good location and the staff here are very...

very nice hotel, good location and the staff here are very very helpful

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very Good Stay.

Response to our needs

The staff

Last time i stay there
    • Superior Room

Very small , bad attitude, very bad house keeping service

Below avarage but location is perfect

• Deluxe Room

The fitness Centre is useless!!!! Only one machine and it did not work!! Poor!!!!

Good location to Mall

Very enjoyable

Room a bit cramped

Very comfortable beds, and good breakfast

Unreasonable prices for drinks in the bar .
    • Deluxe Room

Unreasonable prices for drinks in the bar .

Squilt is very conforable, very quite

Very expensive

Squilt is very conforable, very quite

fair enough
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

breakfasts were below my expectations.

front desk quickness. happy hour buffet.

Good service and room facilities.
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

Breakfast was simple and not many selections.

Location, near metro and St. Lazare train station, Surround with good restaurants.

One night in Paris Hilton Opera
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

Nothing really, just stayed one night..

Excellent Location, Friendly staff , nice comfortable Room and very cool design lobby restaurant and bar ...

Very good experience...
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

Great location with easy walking access to most attractions.

So close to center of Paris

So close to center of Paris

Very expensive, small rooms, Bad beds
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults)

Room extremely small for being Deluxe, beds are extremely uncomfortable

Decor and breakfast

A memorable experience.
    • Deluxe Room

Cost should be reduced and breakfast shouldn’t have a price. That’s a way to make money and name.

Everything was good.

Great hotel!
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults)

Great food and amazing grand hall

Really amazing!
    • Deluxe Room

Everything! , great location, very good breakfast, lots of gluten-free options,Warm hospitality

Nice hotel, good room and excellent staff.

Nothing really.

Nice hotel, good room and excellent staff.

Excellente & recommandabel

Only 2 desks for check out, needed to wait a bit

Location in Centre

Booking.

Booking.com rated it 5 stars and it turned to be rated 4 stars

Excellent service of staffs.

Excellent service of staffs.

We weren't very pleased with our stay at a 5 star Hotel, however the staff were accomodating.
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

Value for money for what you are given.

THe staff organise a massage for us

6.0