Reviews of Mercure Paris 19 Philharmonie La Villette 4 stars

216 Avenue Jean Jaures, 19th arr., 75019 Paris, France

#1185 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Privilege Room with 1 Double Bed

Noise was a major concern for me. Sirens were sounding non-stop throughout the day at a busy intersection. Breakfast was not as diverse as I expected and could be improved The restaurant in the lobby was abandoned and almost non-functional. Cleanliness was not up to the standard of a 4 star hotel

Location is excellent with great access to the Metro, shops, dining facilities, and the concert hall.

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking for hotel guests wasn't free (20€ for24h). Bed linen not changed even once during our 4days stay.

Nice room, big enough for family of 4. Very hot (no air condition?) 1st day, but issue sorted after reporting it. Good breakfast buffet, tasty and great selection to choose from. Very close to tube station.

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty, old staff not helpful at all I will never use mercure hotels or anything related ever and I will make sure everyone around me knows what how I feel Bed stains, towels stains, dusty air con not working aperently they use a air conditioner that has summer and winter programs according to the staff at the hotel I asked for my money back but hey guess what happened

Nothing whatsoever

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilet didn't smell clean, paper cup not replaced daily, asked reception... promised to send cups but didn't arrive.

Clean room, nice staffs, food is plentiful, access to metro, very close to restaurants...

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

I asked for two rooms close together due to travelling with small children. This was completely ignored we were given rooms 3 floors apart so we had to run up and down stairs a lot. I booked sufficiently in advance.

• Classic Twin Room

The room we stayed at didn't have a good airconditioning system.

The breakfast is good, nice variety between cold and warm stuff. Different juices, good coffee. We came back this year because of the breakfast.

• Classic Twin Room

Room was good but conditioning didn’t work and there was no exhaust in washroom, so it get really hot after taking shower with door closed. Hotel charged €10 as council tax thing but I wasn’t aware about that when I booked the hotel.

Room was quite spacious, good breakfast

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff and the services that were offered by such a well reputed hotel was not up to the mark. No service or bell boy for bags support and it seemed like all the luggage should be handled by the customer them selfs. The staff was not even supportive and they were just this is your charges like they were trying to do a favor by letting us know how much we have to pay for the stay.

• Privilege Room with 1 Double Bed

Elevators could be slow at times. Aside from Couronne de Boeuf, not a lot of really good restaurants in the area. The restaurant affiliated with the hotel is particularly poor. Breakfast is pricey for the selection available -- scrambled eggs were ice cold. Couldn't get a decent iron to press my gown. They brought me a scorched iron with a frayed chord. Early morning check out (I had an early flight) was very slow - the person on duty was apparently half asleep.

Pleasant staff in general. Reasonably comfortable accommodations. Very close to the Philharmonie, which is very important for guest artists and visitors coming to see specific performances. Close to Couronne de Boeuf, an excellent restaurant.

• Privilege Room with 2 Double Beds (4 Adults)

First of all, we were given a room that was different from what we booked, instead of having two double beds, the room had only one bed with the other being a sofa bed. The staffs were not too bad on the other hand, they moved us to the correct room when we complained about it. However, the other room we moved into had a very strong awful smell (cigarette like smell). We told the staffs about it and they said they would make sure to get rid of it by the evening, however it did not happen. Also, there were no ceiling lights at all in the room (only lamps), so the room was fairly dark.

It was close to the metro station.

• Classic Double Room

The male staff in the evenings were quite rude and didn't have time to help much. The room keys kept needing to be reset even when kept away from a phone. The gym was tiny. The toilet could have done with a more thorough clean and the bedding may not have been the freshest. Very expensive to have breakfast so we didn't bother.

Close to a metro station and multiple restaurants, both takeaway and eat in. It was lovely and quiet and generally the female reception staff were very helpful. The bed was lovely and comfortable and the blackout curtains were very useful. Although a fair way from the main attractions it was easy to get the metro to them and only took a maximum of about 45mins.

The air conditioning was poor it was dry air and the system seemed a very old air conditioning system. There was dust on the lamps so which kept falling off I had to clean this myself as it doesn’t seem the cleaners touch this area. Also the lamps were too close to the bed and kept knocking into it at night the lighting was too dim and not bright enough does not make up for the lack of natural light in the room as the windows are extremely small as it is

The space in the room was good and the bathroom was big enough

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Informed front desk that our bathroom sink was clogged and our room was smelling like cigarettes because of the room next door. The guy at the front desk shrugged it off and said he would send a maintenance man up to fix sink. Sink was never fixed. The location of the hotel was horrible. It was too far from anything we wanted to see and would not recommend location for families.

We had a good size room and they had a baby cot ready for us when we arrived. We like having breakfast at the hotel but the eggs were too under cooked and felt slimy. Overall good selection of food at breakfast. Some of the staff were really friendly while others were rude and did not care.

• Classic Twin Room

For a hotel of this standard, the main lignt didn't work, the wardrobe door was partly broken. I don't know if the restaurant belongs to the hotel but we were very disappointed with it : very bad service (extremely long), we didn't get what we had ordered and the staff was not very nice with a very high price for this poor quality

The comfort, the location when attending a concert at the Philharmonia.

• Classic Twin Room

The lights did not work, I had to go in the dark when I first arrived because the box whee you put your card in to switch the light on was not in use "to save energy" ? seriously?? The fittings of each and every single light in the room was buzzing noisily The shower did not work, came hot and cold all the time The curtain was broken, had to step on chair to close it There was no wardrobe, nowhere to hang my shirt. (€100/night and not even a coat rack?) The Aircon could not switch off and was very noisy The Wi-Fi was atrocious, very slow and constantly cutting There was no bar after 11pm The restaurant was poor and very sad looking The lift was stuck, did not read my card again and again...

The location was ideal, 2 min from the metro and in front of LaVilette

• Classic Twin Room

I booked this Hotel because it is very close to the music venue La Zenith where I was attending a rock concert. It is a big Hotel with all facilities one would expect of a 4 Star in a major city. Wifi was good, room was clean, breakfast was of a good standard with lots of choice. The metro is a minutes' walk from the Hotel.

• Classic Double Room

The interior ambience was drab and gloomy , inefficient ducted air heating, room very cold. Toilet in need of refurbishment. Excellent separate shower room, good shower. Check in/check out very slow. Mini bar completely empty. Minimal beverage facility.

• Classic Double Room

The booked room was a corner room, and was not clearly explained, it was a strange shape (like a triangle), and internal mobility was not not.

Other than the room shape (like a triangle), which limits the internal mobility, the quality in general was good,

Please see above

Very ordinary hotel, no frills. Oldish furniture and not very appealing. On the other hand, bed was clean and shower was fine. Recommend if you are on a budget and do not have expectations other than a very standard hotel without fanfare.

The fitness center smelled so bad that we couldn't stay more than 15 mins. Eiffel tower is like 35 mins tram ride from the hotel!

Restaurants, bars and tram station in walking distance.

• Classic Double Room

The bathroom cleanness specially the toilet (old and not very clean from inside it), no cupboard for a double room and the room size. Also the room key card didn't work for the one of the two elevators.

• Privilege Room with 1 Double Bed

Quality of the bread for the breakfast is poor and industrial. I have to buy my own baguettes in an artisan bakery in the neighbourhood every morning. We missed a proper room service too. With at least a short selection of food or snack.

As usual amazing view from the suites. Good bed and shower.

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff, rooms, no AC in the hotel as mentioned by reciption manager. Also,there is no security inside the hotel and some people make bad things inside hotel.

Nothing very bad hotel and staff and rooms, AC IS NOT WORKING,only hot air.

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

We arrived at the hotel @ 1130. It was early for check-in so we told the front desk we parked our car downstairs and we will be starting our tour of the city. We enjoyed the city, had dinner @ the neighborhood, then checked in @ 2300. The initial front desk person couldn't find our reservation, then another of his colleagues tried to help him. They gave me the wrong reservation even though I spelled my Last name, first name multiple times. Finally, they found the actual reservation paper which was in front of them all that time! There was no apologies, no signs of remorse or that they made any mistakes. We also made our reservation with booking.com that included breakfast. That was not even considered by them. They wanted to charge us 20 euros/person, increasing the accommodation with breakfast for almost 300 euro. This hotel is rated as a 4 star. There is nothing special about this hotel that deserves this designation. This is only a 2 star at best in the USA. I only used it to secure my parking. It is extremely overpriced. There are several cracks in the tile floor in the bathroom. Black mold is present in the corner of the outside of the bathtub.

We used this hotel primarily for parking and then taking the subway to tour Paris.

• Privilege Room with 1 Double Bed

First time I had to do that, ask to change room. The room I was given was smelly (a mixture of cigarette and sweat), floor was dirty, and aircon was not working. When I mentioned the smell, the first thing that the staff did was to send someone to spray it with chemical - it then smelled chemical. I was told the hotel was fully booked but after 20 mins was given another room, no smell and aircon worked. I wouldn't recommend this hotel

Wifi is super bad!!! Hair drier is horrible! Breakfast is very poor and at 9:30 you won't find anything (breakfast is till 11). This is maximum 3 stars hotel!

• Privilege Room with 2 Double Beds (4 Adults)

If you are not driving or attending an event locally, then I would not really recommend this hotel. The price of the hotel was just as expensive as more central hotels so no point staying here unless the location is paramount. The location is in not such a nice area of Paris and I did not feel comfortable walking locally with my children, especially after dark. Rather than nice family friendly restaurants, most of the eating establishments seemed to be trashy bars so more suited for younger people without children in tow. Another significant negative point was the VERY POOR Wifi connectivity. So slow, I used my mobile phone!

Good nearby location if attending an event at the Stade de France. If driving into Paris from the North (e.g. from Calais ferry crossing), then this hotel avoids you driving in and out of Central Paris. To avoid the traffic and lack of parking, travelling into Central Paris was very easy by train as the Metro was only a couple of minutes walk from the hotel. Hotel was nice and the staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

during one week we were in Paris,Brussels,Luxembourg,Cologne,in 3 star and 4 star hotels,but this one was more expensive with less quality compare to other hotels,Corridor of hotel looks like an old hostel and The staff seemed unhappy(compare to other hotels).This is my review comparing to 4 other hotels during our stay in 4 different countries and as they say you shouldn't expect more than that from Paris,it's not a 4-star hotel.

nothing special

Some of the staff at reception are very rude. I arrived on the 15th April 2017 the staff were on the evening shift were very rude and doesn't have patients to the customers.

Rooms have space enough for families. Unfortunately rooms has smell of cigarettes and we have small children we couldn't be able to do anything as the offer were un exchangeable. We didn't have any choice.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds (4 Adults)

Room temperature control. It was too hot - and outside temperature was 10-12°C!! No temperature control inside, except for heating! Definitely I would not stay there in summer! We had to leave the windows opened all night long.

Room size, comfy beds, overall cleaning.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Classic Double Room

Stayed in a very large twin room on the 7th floor. Plenty of room and be d was comfortable. Location was fine, just 5 stops on the Metro from Gare du Nord.

• Classic Twin Room

The bedrooms have horrible little paper cups for hot beverages, poor quality - so your fingers get burned and you can only have little drinks of tea. There is also only a supply of tea & coffee - I would have liked to also have herbal teas available in my room

I was attending a conference at the Philharmonie so this hotel was perfectly located for convenience to that event, while also being moments away from the Metro so Paris was easily accessible. The roof-top restaurant had a stunning view of the city and the breakfast there had a wide selection of delicious food. The staff were friendly and helpful, ready to assist with any problems immediately. My room was beautiful - great comfortable beds with plenty of space to hang up my clothes, a desk-space to work at and a great TV. Best of all, a long bathtub and an infinite supply of hot water to soak in after each days activities. I highly recommend it.

• Classic Twin Room

The corridors are a bit depressing, the hotel would need a bit of refreshment.

For those who intend a night out at the new Philharmonic Hall of Paris, that's a great place to stay at. I was welcomed by a very nice and competent girl at the reception. The rooms are not luxury but fair enough for a short stay.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The breakfast selection was not amazing and there could have been more, it's was not worth €20. There was not much to eat.

Great customer service, reception was very friendly.

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

The wifi didn't extend to our room at the far end of the hotel whatsoever. Only English Channel was CNN and it was basically a trump-a-thon! Breakfast for vegetarians was lacking. Only choices were cheeses, cold scrambled egg or tinned fruit or sugary pastries. All I wanted was a fresh fruit salad w natural yoghurt to start the day right

It was all very clean and the bathroom seemed new and stylish. Very comfy beds and perfect loction

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Classic Twin Room

This was my third stay within last 12 months. The standards were lowered since last visit. There was no warm water one morning; there was no soap in the bathroom, no welcome bottle of water and the toilet was slightly smelling.

The location of the hotel is very convenient for me.

• Privilege Room with 2 Double Beds (3 Adults)

Parking was expensive at 20 euros per 24 hours and the rooms were too hot and thermostat had no effect in the room.

Polite staff and location is only 30 mins from Paris centre on Metro and 30 mins drive to Euro Disney

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Classic Twin Room

I didn't like there wasn't a pantry to purchase water from however its a nice hotel. The elevator is secure requiring a key card to select a floor.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

Not enough tv channels in room

The location was directly across the road from the park area and right beside the metro stop for going into Paris centre

Elevator broken

Elevator was broken

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

No Refilling of moisture lotion, soap. Limited pan cakes for breakfast

Room was big.

• Classic Double Room

Poor restaurant choices for vegetarians

Location and nice room

I’ll give you a 10

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds (4 Adults)

Nice and accommodating. Went to see Killers at Zenith arena. Five minute walk.

• Classic Double Room

The bed was hard, the rooms need to be refurbished urgently, especially the bathroom. Not a 4 stars hotel.

The staff is friendly and efficient.

• Privilege Room with 2 Double Beds

Very comfortable rooms.

• Classic Double Room

Second day, there was filled with odor of smoke in the coridor. It makes me upset allday long.

It’s near to subway

Far from any attractions

Close to Metro

overall treatment

terrible service

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds (4 Adults)

Ac did not work. Needed extra pillows had to request several times to get extra pillows. AC requested several times but was not rectified

Cleaniness

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Quick and convenient connection to the metro just inside the inner zone. Just park the car in the garage and tour the city as you like!

Service is not good compare to price wise I don't give this hotel to 4*

Room is qwait big and comfortable

Some staff are not good

I like the hotel environment

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds (4 Adults)

Non functional air-conditioning Non functional pool

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location was good and the staff were helpful.

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room temperature was very hot!!!

Location near metro

• Privilege Room with 2 Double Beds (4 Adults)

Not maintained rooms needs renovation looks old

Staff service

• Classic Twin Room

Less cleaning tools in toilet

Location (near metro, park, resturant)

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Classic Twin Room

facilites are dated needs update

Rooms needs a bit of refresh for that standard

• Classic Twin Room

Air conditioning was non existent so I doubt if I would use your hotel again

Proximity to our concert venue

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Smelly noisy room

• Classic Double Room

Wifi connection very poor.

Quiet room.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Classic Twin Room

Was attending a concert at the Zenith, location was perfect! 500m from the venue. Also close to the metro station.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Classic Double Room

The hotel is very old and need a repair. Location is poor.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

The staff of breakfeast was not kind

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

Our room has no aircon- and i reserved and paid for 3 person- but they just give 2 beds-

Free wifi

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Classic Double Room

Vry good location, nxt to metro, lots of shops around

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Classic Double Room

Good location with wonderful park

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

Great location right on doorstep of metro which cost €1.80 single into Paris

• Reviewed: 18 June 2016

• Classic Double Room

Traffic is bad. People ask for money nearby

Location is ok.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2016

The shower had a decent water pressure, but at times was difficult to finely regulate water temperature. The room was a bit stuffy when the windows were closed, even with the ventilation air system on, but it was not overwhelming. The vending machine was out of Coca-Cola (0.5L for €2) and almost every other drink, and the staff offered to sell me cans of Coca-Cola from their refrigerator in the back - 330mL for €3.60, which made zero sense to me.

The room was comfortable and a good size for adventurous travelers - what I mean is it is a good base and place to sleep for travelers that like to get out and about and spend most of the time outside of the hotel. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was just fine as well. The location (a hundred meters or so from a metro station) was great, because the hotel is just outside of the busy and more expensive part of the city, but with easy access to everything via metro. There is a cheaper breakfast offer instead of the standard €18 breakfast, this one is €8.5 and includes a coffee, croissant, and a juice, I think.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

The check receptionist Helene was very rude and impolite and had a negative facial expression rolling her eyes and talking in a low tone very inappropriate. Very argumentative Helene. Not someone I would place at the front desk in a 4 Stars hotel.

The room was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

The response and information given by the front desk officers were excellent. I can't recall their names, maybe Charlotte and Vijay (Grandmother was from Penang, Malaysia). Congratulation on the service provided by the hotel to me as a first timer in Paris.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

The hotel needs updating and is a little scruffy. There was a terrible smell in the bar area which was off putting.

The hotel was located in an excellent position for our visit and the room was quite nice.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Smell of smoke along the corridor in floor 3. No scrambled eggs for breakfast on day 2.

Always so helpful. I was put in a huge room near my friends and extra bedding was provided so my friend could sleep in my room before the marathon. Breakfast staff were wonderful as were reception staff. Room was great- very clean and spacious.

There are also 55 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Mercure Paris 19 Philharmonie La Villette traveller photo gallery