Reviews of Hostellerie Le Marechal 4 stars

6 place des six Montagnes Noires, 68000 Colmar, France

#10 of 33 hotels in Colmar

Excellent accommodation with a very good restaurant and faultless staff.
    • Double Room with Balneo Bath

All staff were extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. Breakfast was excellent. Dinner was first class - good menu selection, beautifully cooked fish dish. Terrace restaurant for breakfast and dinner, perfect - overlooking the river. Room, spacious, comfortable, well equipped with large screen tv (great for the World Cup). Bathroom also large.

The staff is great - they went out of their way to make me...
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

The staff is great - they went out of their way to make me feel welcome. Breakfast is the best I've ever had. Everything is from farm to fork, basically. Had a fantastic stay. Hope to be back one day.

A great location with a delightful room and very helpful staff.
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

There was a problem with their Internet connection which made things difficult with my onward travels, as I could not communicate readily with my next accommodations. The pillows were too fat - there needs to be a choice of pillows in a hotel of this level. Perhaps I should have asked for a thin one but I always travel with a blowup pillow as so many European pillows are too fat.

I had a delightful quiet room overlooking the canal, with a nice bathroom. The lighting was great, with good lights to read in bed and convenient switches. Comfortable bed and good a/c for when I needed it. The breakfast was plentiful with a fair choice and a nice outdoor terrace to eat it on as well as internal rooms, so you never felt crowded. The staff were very helpful as there was a problem with their WiFi connection, and I was given a lot of help to use the hotel computer with its European keyboard. There was a fridge in my room which I appreciated.

Great hotel to be pampered!
    • Comfort Double Room

We invited some friends to join us for dinner expecting a great service but is was terrible all the servers were not polite except the youngest server, it took 35 minutes before they realized we were waiting for water and menu, at dinner there were a lot of flies around and there’s not air conditioning in the dinning room, we asked for the second bottle of wine a very popular Saint Emillion and they ran out .... we do not recommend to have dinner there, in Colmar they have a lot of fancy restaurants around.

We would stay more days ! Is a very cozy and romantic place, the breakfast is great and the cleanliness and location are perfect. We had a great deal in Booking.com

Fine dining in charming hotel in the centre of romantic village.

Small toilet in room.

Good hotel in the centre of a very romantic village. Nice and professional staff. Easy parking in front of hotel. Very good restaurant and pleasant waiting staff. Good menu and nice wine list with affordable good tasting wines. Nice little terrace, also for the restaurant.Fine dining on lovely spot.

Very enjoyable.
    • Comfort Double Room

Very expensive breakfast, no bar or lounge. Parking is difficult even if you book a space.

The position is ideal. Perhaps the rooms could do with an a little modernization. My husband is tall and could hardly fit in the bath

The location was just amazing.
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

I checked in at night and the room was very very depressing. I understand the value of preserving things as they are but I don’t think the old carpets and bedspreads should be among the things to preserve. The room just looked old and dusty. I think the hotel really needs to change some of the furniture but mostly the textiles they use. I think it definitely deserves what it costs. Yes, the location is amazing but Colmar itself is very small so “not so central” is like a ten-minute walk. Hence, I think it’s only worth it if you really want to stay in one of these half-timbered houses.

The location was just amazing. I loved the view from my room, even though I had to climb to the little windows to see it. The bed and the toilet were clean. The bath products were nice.

Living on past glories. Do not stay here if you are frail & need assistance.
    • Deluxe Room with Four-Poster Bed (2 Adults)

We stayed here about 12 years ago and the hotel rooms have not been updated since then. It is an old building on several levels but there was no help with luggage except for a really nice young female receptionist who insisted on helping with our luggage. There are garages for the hotel but the doors are so narrow we couldn't get our car in. We were so looking forward to visiting again but were really disappointed. The bedroom was very dated and "twee". We love Colmar but if we returned we would stay elsewhere.

The restaurant was very good and the staff excellent. Location is perfect.

Not suitable for business stay.
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

Staff attitude is impolite, not helpful, only talk loud and do not really help customer. Wrong info provided. Room is super small and smelly. It is too compact. It also allow pet to stay with and i am all allergic with that.

excellent location, quality comfort
    • Deluxe Room with Four-Poster Bed (2 Adults)

restaurant service was slow, i.e. 2 hours twenty minutes for dinner. lack of overnight parking.

excellent attitude of the staff especially of the reception

Best location and helpful staffs. Steps away to best restaurant in town.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Parking too far and very narrow to park my sub volvoxc60.,I crash my front bumper.

Best location in the old town. Steps away from many good restaurant.

Highly recommended for a short stay and a must dine restaurant
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

Facilities are quite old and not enough space in the room.

A very cosy hotel in a great location next to Little Venice. Excellent restaurant. Great service.

Back to the Medieval
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

Extremely helpful personnel, great location and super cosy rooms. I had a wonderful view to the channel, the room was very silent. Also you can easily reach the hotel on foot from the railway station

A shame; it's a good place and the staff do their best.
    • Comfort Double Room

The hotel is wildly popular with Chinese tour groups. I'm happy for them and for the hotel, but the restaurant was full that night, and breakfast was like Rome sacked by Visigoths. Also, the parking outside the hotel is a nightmare; and for these reasons I won't go back.

The hotel is charming, and its situation pleasing. I was on the road headed for Switzerland and Italy, and I remembered it fondly of old.

The hotel matches Colmar with its beauty and romantic atmosphere
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

Wi-Fi was not available all the time

Perfect location, excellent breakfast and I should especially mention Nathaly who was very kind , nice and generous on breakfast time.

Historical building, Medieval atmosphere, Antique decoration...
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

Historical building, Medieval atmosphere, Antique decoration with different paintings, Friendly & professional staffs, Cozy & comfortable room, Amazing view from my room, Delicious dinner, Walking distance to the Colmar centre

Excellent stay and we won’t hesitate to stay again.
    • Comfort Double Room

Jacuzzi bath annoyingly turns itself on again after use ( we were told it was normal and for cleaning purposes) and is very noisy.

Welcoming and helpful staff. The scallops were delicious. Excellent breakfast. Lovely view from restaurant.

I could have holed up for a week.
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

the quirky interiors and fantastic views of the canals and Medieval houses from the bedroom and from the breakfast room. The bathroom and the towelling robes and other things. The very nice staff. The convenient location. Breakfast was nice.

A beautiful, stay In a beautiful hotel in the beautiful town of Colmer! Merci!
    • Classic Double Room

Staff was friendly and most helpful. We received a warm welcome. The room was magnificent! It had a beautiful view of the canal a of the nearby buildings. The location was convenient to so many of the attractions of Colmer. The breakfast at the hotel included many treats and it was delicious. We had a great stay.

The restaurant was Devine

I am 6'5" the bed could have been a little longer. The internet a little better

The internet connection was very poor in and out . The restaurant was Devine.

Beautiful hotel. Watch out for scalding hot water in shower. Staff could use a humanities class
    • Comfort Double Room

My partner was taking a shower and after 5 minutes the water got extremely hot and he burned his chest. He took a photo and we let the front desk know. They apologized but did nothing to compensate or even try. We were not looking for our money back but a bit of concern would have been nice.

Nice building with original features and nice room.

Great value for money, friendly staff :)
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

Taking my sheets off upon departure, it was really hard and inconveniencing with a broken wrist.

Location was fantastic, close to every thing, the staff were very helpful.

Fine old world experience with a courteous, helpful staff.
    • Comfort Double Room

Parking was problematic. I rented a hotel garage space but after driving 2.5 blocks to locate the garage, the oor would not open. I returned for a second key and new garage that did work. However, the next day my car was trapped in the second garage because once again the key would not open it. A maintenance man from the hotel had to pry the door open. Time was lost both days.

Great location so close to everything. We had no difficulty locating restaurants, museums and other sites of interest. The building itself is charming and historic. Bed was very comfortable. Most rooms are small. It's Europe.

Charming hotel in good location, needs update
    • Comfort Triple Room

Small rooms, needing update, the twin bed was just pushed against the wall, no headboard, even the queen bed that had headboard moved, bedding and mattress not the best quality for the price of the hotel

Stayed for 2 nights on September 6th & 7th, 2017.
    • Comfort Double Room

Stayed for 2 nights on September 6th & 7th, 2017. Had a beautiful room # 31 on the third floor, overlooking the front of the Hotel. The room had wooden beams and also had an extra single bed. The bathroom was huge and the shower was great. Everything was clean and the staff were friendly. In only a few minutes walk, you are in the center of Colmar. I would have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel.

Lousy. A public relations disaster by a complacent, arrogant manager.
    • Classic Double Room

What is the point of reserving a special room through Booking.com 5 months in advance if the hotel dishonours its side of the contract after your arrival? Truly, the most unethical and unacceptable conduct we have experienced anywhere. We arrived early and the receptionist suugested we explore the town. They had been expecting us - they had debited the full cost of the room - and they told us they would complete the formalities of check-in and send our bags to our room. When we reurned at 1630 we were told that the bathroom in our room was unusable and that they had moved us to another room. It was not even in the hotel, it was a studio flat, very inferior with poor furniture and bed too short and too narrow for 2 people. There was nothing else available, so we were presented with a fait accompli. Even more disgraceful was that the story we had been told was a complete fabrication. We checked up - when we arrived there were 3 rooms available in the category we had reserved, and no particular room number had been allocated to anybody. Any one of these would have been satisfactory. But our room had been given away to some later arrival while we were exploring the town. The staff were evasive and the manager did not bother to call us. He should not be in the hospitality industry if he cannot fulfill the basic essentials - 1. Show trustworthiness and adhere to his side of the contract. 2. If things go wrong, admit it and be truthful. To be downgaded to the worst room available - not even in the hotel, and to be offerred a glass of champagne to shut up and be thankful is just an insult.

A Hotel with potential...
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

The hotel is in desperate need of a revamp! It's boringly addiquant; it's clean, but at 3pm when checking in there are heaps of housekeeping materials still laying in the passages. The decor is outdated, the bedding is clean but 'cheap'. One should be warned that the room only has a bath, no shower; this would have affected my decision to book at the Hotel. I will definitely go back to explore Colmar some more soon, but I will be doing so from a different hote...

The location is magnificent, one actually see the Hotel on a lot of photos of Colmar, specifically of the canal in Little Venice. The room was clean....I'm struggling to find things to say about what I liked.

The hotel is in Petite Venice in Colmar which is a great...
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

Breakfast was overpriced so I went out and there are plenty of cheaper options nearby.

The hotel is in Petite Venice in Colmar which is a great spot to explore. The room was a reasonable size for a single. The restaurant is very good (although not cheap) and the old style has a good atmosphere. The staff were mostly friendly and helpful. Checking in and out was straightforward and quick.

Extremely disappointing
    • Comfort Double Room

The "comfort" room was okay- the wood beams are charming- unfortunately it was a small double bed and a separate single bed so my husband and I slept separately as he is very tall and we could not comfortable fit in the small double. We were woken several times during the night by the toilet flushing in the room below us- the water rushing down the pipes was very loud. Part of the charm of an old building. The restaurant was the most upsetting thing I have ever experienced in a restaurant. I had reserved a table on the terrace 10 days before arrival, and called the evening before to confirm that would be a nice table on the terrace overlooking the canal. When we arrived, they wanted to seat us at a table on the interior of the terrace just in front of the doors where the wait staff pass in and out. There were two empty tables next to the pretty canal and we asked if we could not have one of those tables. The head waitress was very mean and declared that one was reserved. I said we also had a reservation from 10 days ago and that I had also called to confirm, and she reluctantly and rudely said she would take away two place settings from the third table to seat us there (it was set for four). We said thank you and sat down. Then we waited more than 10 minutes for menus. We sat there with no drinks, no welcome, nothing. While she and the other waitress serviced the other two tables on the terrace and went in and out many times, clearly making a point of ignoring us. I had to get up and ask for menus!!!!! I said I was sorry to bother her about changing tables, but we had made a reservation very far in advance and we were also guests at the hotel so we were hoping for a nice table. At that point she told me I should sit down and be less aggressive and she would bring menus when she has time.

I planned a night with dinner at this hotel as a much needed break for my husband and I as we have been very tired from work and kids. We were looking forward to a nice meal on the terrace and a good night of uninterrupted sleep with air conditioning (it has been very hot lately). When we checked in the reception as extremely friendly and patient and gave us a map with advice about parking and where to go for a nice aperitif in the later afternoon sun.

We recommend this hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

The restaurant is excellent. Parking is secure but a short walk. The staff were great and very friendly and helpful. The location is very central for walking.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Welcoming staff
    • Classic Double Room

The room was very small, but it was adequate.

The staff were very welcoming and helpful, couldn't praise them enough. We had a nice view overlooking the canal and our room had a very spacious bathroom.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Beautiful location
    • Double Room with Balneo Bath

Chaotic breakfast! Even at 9am all the breakfast had gone. We had to wait for a table (only two of us) and wait for the food - not great

Beautiful location

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Lovely property with great staff.

No place out of the sun to relax with an aperitif. The terrace is lovely but very hot.

Very friendly and accommodating staff, great location. Parking is a challenge but doable.

High expectations, low delivery.
    • Comfort Triple Room

I booked a triple room that I have had before and loved. Instead the hotel said they upgraded me to two rooms a single and a double since we had two small toddlers. Well it was at the end of the hall...no AC. The single room had obviously been smoked in and reeked of smoke and the shower was not operational. I called the desk as I am highly allergic to smoke. They said that all rooms are smoke free. However it was obvious someone smoked in the room. The wifi also did not work and the broken shower was not addressed, so I had to shower in my sister's room.

The location is great.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Best location in Colmar
    • Comfort Triple Room

Bathrooms are very old and not clean. It might be ok for a hostel, but not for the hotel pretending to be 4 star…

For sure the hotel is located in the best place in Colmar.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Lovely setting on the river
    • Classic Double Room

Parking, though secure, was a good walk away. Instructions could have been made clearer that there were alternatives.

Closeness to the city and river location.

Nice hotel with charm
    • Double Room with Balneo Bath

Our air condition didn't seem to work, so we had to open the window.

Nice bed and bathroom. Nice breakfast and restaurant. They offer all day parking for a fee.

Not worthy the money. Very uncomfortable. It's only about location
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

The room was extremely uncomfortable and the bathroom did not show very clean. The bed sheets were so creased and rough that I could not sleep. I did reported it to the staff but next day was basically the same. Then also the WIFI did not work. Also do not go if you need an elevator as there is one but too small to be used and it won't save you some stairs. I think this hotel needs a serious investment in terms of providing quality to customers.

Basically the only good thing about this hotel is the location. I guess that's why it shows so high rate. Definitely I won't repeat again.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Hotel is really charming and personnel very professional.
    • Classic Double Room

Hotel is really charming and personnel very professional. Special thanks because of upgrading, it was really nice surprise. Everything is just perfect, location, WIFI and services.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Not far from train station - it's about 10 to 15...
    • Comfort Triple Room

Nothing to dislike of. Perhaps the hotel can consider installing some additional lighting and sockets in the room.

Not far from train station - it's about 10 to 15 minutes' walk. Superb location in Little Venice. Main attractions easily reachable on foot. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. We arrived early in the morning and was checked in efficiently. Our triple room was roomy enough for 2 persons. Bathroom was spacious and clean. Free bottled water was provided. Our stay will be perfect if our room has the canal view.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Colmar
    • Comfort Double Room

The room looked over the carpark and was directly above the loading dock for hotel deliveries so it was very noisy at 6 am in the morning - avoid room 17. There is no lift, and quite a few stairs, and no one was available to help with our luggage when we were leaving

The location and the room were great. The restaurant was wonderful

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Nice Location, Nice Staff - near center of Colmar
    • Classic Double Room

Had a room on the third floor, bed was a full size which is a standard in France - but the bathroom was split with a separate toilet and bath. The toilet was in a very small closet - almost unusable by a big guy like me - had to leave the door open in order to sit down -

Located almost in the center of Colmar - a classic older building right on the river. Quaint would describe it best - enjoyed the stay....breakfast was good - staff overall very helpful

A really enjoyable stay

Bathroom a little smelly

Great location, beautiful historical building, lovely cosy room, really friendly staff, excellent restaurant, great view from the room (petite Venise), great atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Good location of an overlook of Petitte Venice
    • Comfort Double Room

The hotel was working on the carpet when we checked in and the smell was aweful - somehow they managed to get rid of it when we got back at night. The bed was consisted of two pieces of single matresses and does not hold together.

Very good location - taken as one of the landmarks of the town being part of the scenary taken by many tourists from the bridge as symbol for Petitte Venice. Well equiped room.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Great location in Petite Venice
    • Classic Double Room

The room is really small, bathroom is really small it's hard to even turn on the bathroom.

Location - free parking near hotel; within petite Venice and walking distance to old town. The back view of the hotel appears in many travellers photos of petite Venice!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Great hotel for Colmar!
    • Comfort Triple Room

Pillows were typical French down pillows. No support at all.

We booked this hotel after a friend recommended it. We booked a triple room. Most hotels in France, don't have a triple room so that was great! Room was so unique and definitely clean. Hotel staff was very helpful. We had breakfast over looking the canal in back for the real Colmar experience. Definitely would stay again.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Wonderful hotel of character in great location
    • Classic Double Room

We booked an evening meal in the restaurant. The staff were very attentive and the food was good. However, we felt that both the food and the wine were overpriced.

We had a lovely room, very comfortable bed, super bathroom. The staff are delightful and extremely helpful. Public parking at the front of the hotel is convenient. Breakfast is very good.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Great location and fantastic staff.

Everything was great.

The reception staff were unbelievably helpful and made us feel very welcome. The hotel is very well located just inside the old town. We parked for free only 50m from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Excellent customer service.

Everything was perfect.

The staff was excellent! The gentleman at the front desk checked us in quickly and escorted us to our room giving us a history of the building as we went. He was very informative and gave us ideas of where to go for sight seeing, made our dinner reservations, and took our bags up the stairs for us. Excellent customer service.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

The welcome was excellent as well as the location and the restaurant and service.

The photos on your website of the room did finally not correspond to the received room No 14 Chopin- too small, as they have every room differently decorated.

The breakfast buffet was good and the bed too.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Comfortable stay in a great location!
    • Comfort Double Room

This was a beautiful hotel in the perfect location in Colmar. It sat right on a canal and you could sit with a great view for breakfast, dinner or an aperitif! Rooms were comfortable and parking was excellent as it was directly across the street. Bravo Le Marchal!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Bucket list
    • Classic Double Room

Coffee and tea in the room would have been great

Centre of town and easy walking around. Plenty of wonderful photos. Loved all the flower hanging baskets everywhere

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Beautiful hotel in beutiful Colmar
    • Classic Double Room

It would be nice to have had tea/coffee facilities in the room.

Fabulous hotel in the centre of Colmar, staff were very helpful and friendly. We had booked their secure parking but the public parking was just outside the hotel and free on a Sunday so we used that and the hotel didn't mind us cancelling the reserved parking, which was quite expensive. Lovely room with a view of the canal from the very small windows - a feature of this hotel as it is so old and quaint, we were upgraded at no cost and had a huge bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and separate shower, we didn't have breakfast as it is quite expensive.

Nice Town
    • Deluxe Room with Four-Poster Bed (2 Adults)

Room was extremely tight - could not even walk around the bed. Furniture old and sagging - not comfortable. Safe so high up even my 5'10" husband couldn't easily reach it. TOO many steps to go up to room - Did not take breakfast - very expensive for what they indicated available and also restaurant very high priced.

Right on the river and watched the boats go by and crowds walking along the bridge. Great PRIVATE garage for parking. Very Secure. (extra charge) Great bathroom and tub - restaurant across the river very reasonable and convenient.No A/C but windows opened - could use screens!

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Great stay in top location for Colmar

Nothing we didn't like.

Our welcome including an overview of the property history and directions for sightseeing was unsurpassed. Friendly, helpful, multilingual staff who went out of their way to greet us and see if there was anything we needed. The room was beautiful and air conditioned which proved important with unseasonably hot and humid weather. Terrific modern bathroom and shower. Location was perfect for seeing the old town, could get anywhere within 15-20 min max. Also convenient to train and bus statiins (about 10 min walk). Issues with WiFi were mentioned in older reviews but those have been fixed with a complete conversion to a new system. Had a router in our room. Had a very good breakfast on site, again with good and friendly service. Great to stay in a place so beautiful that tourists were taking pictures of our hotel on the canal side. Simply cannot imagine a better place to stay for Colmar.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Excellent location and pretty facility.

Excellent location and pretty facility. Staff was very nice, but I had to wait on line for 1/2 hr for the staff to answer one quick question, and I gave up in the end after that wait without getting it answered because I had to leave. Perhaps she could have asked me if I had a quick question and taken me, but I couldn't even get her attention. Other than that experience the staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Very nice stay in a wonderful setting.
    • Comfort Double Room

WI-FI was not very good, coming and going.

Breakfast and dinner were excellent. Staff most helpful. Welcome garage for the car. Terrace on the canal ideal for meals.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

A very comfortable historic hotel, located in the picturesque heart of Colmar.
    • Deluxe Room with Four-Poster Bed (2 Adults)

The hotel's free WiFi was not easy to set up on my smartphone - two members of staff tried and failed. It took a third member of staff, a day later, to finally sort out the problem and connect me to their WiFi. Although very helpful, some members of staff were not especially familiar with Colmar and it took a visit to the Office de Tourisme, the other side of the town centre, to get some basic information on tours of the town.

The hotel is well-located and full of character. Spacious, comfortable, well-equipped room and bathroom. The lift was much appreciated as our room was on the third floor. Friendly, helpful and attentive staff. Splendid breakfast with plenty of choice and a very fine restaurant. The secure parking in private garages some 5 minutes' walk from the hotel is well worth considering as the public car park in front of the hotel has only a few spaces and parking is limited to a maximum of two hours at a time.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

What a splendid place!
    • Classic Double Room

Can't really fault it bar the fact that our toilet was in the cupboard!

Super place, very welcoming, right on the river that passes through Colmar. Excellent restaurant.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Our room overlooked the canal.
    • Double Room with Balneo Bath

Our room overlooked the canal. It was very well appointed and extremely comfortable. The location was ideal, close to canal and within easy walking distance to the centre of town. We loved the restaurant, the food and staff were excellent so we went 2 nights out of our three there. Parking was possible in the square in front of the hotel, for a small metered charge.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

60%
    • Deluxe Room with Four-Poster Bed (2 Adults)

Some staff where lovely and helpful. Others were hauty and dismissive appearing to look down upon you unless you were french . The hotel is definitely not 4 star . It has a quirky character as it is the joining of 3 very old buildings . Lots of steps narrow corridors and sloped ceilings. Quaint but I think over priced. The restaurant delivered a very high quality of good and can be recommended , however request a table next to the canal , as this offers sweet views . The hotel had lots of good points but overall was slightly shabby but quaint. Would not stay there again . The experience was ok but not great .

Lovely location . Restaurant great menu , good wine.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Beautiful historic renaissance French Hotel in old town by the romantic river! Very nice setting!
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

Nothing it was wonderful hotel with great historical charm!

I love the romantic artistic french rennaissance ambiance of the hotel interior and exterior with the nice front courtyard with bistro tables and patio sofas!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Charming Hotel...Location was great! Did have AC units in the rooms!!

Should use the facilities they have to their full potential! Have a lovely glass enclosed room as you enter the hotel which should have morning coffee or afternoon tea-evening cocktails... was a little warm and always smelled smokey...Didn't like having to walk through a smoking zone every time we entered the hotel, it took away from the charm.

Great location! We loved Thebaut (Tebow)!! He was the man..should be running the place. Helpful in every sense of the word and we saw him go overboard on more than one occasion! The Alsace dinner was reminiscent of one of our favorite meals in Virginia at Auberge Chez Francoise!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Very good for one night stay and not costly
    • Classic Double Room

Bed was too small & narrow for two people accompanied with child. We somehow managed. The room was too small and without balcony. Our stay was very short otherwise it is not possible to stay longer in that kind of small accommodation. No lift but that is understandable in such old building.

Good location. Clean. Very supportive staff. Well organized and stunning lobby.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Our very short stay was excellent
    • Comfort Double Room

We thought the location in the centre of Colmar was fantastic. The staff were exceedingly helpful and the hotel itself was delightful. We will definitely go back there again

Cozy room stay at romantic river view.

Small room.

Location. Hospitality. Interior.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Nice Colmar Hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

The staff cannot speak english when we check in

Location and the room

Wonderful place and wonderful service!
    • Individual Room (1 Adult)

Location is perfect, the staff is competent and caring, wonderful experience in authentic old building!

Perfect location, beautiful old building, friendly stuff
    • Double Room with Balneo Bath

Old wooden beam in the room. Breakfast area along the water. Jacuzzi in the room to relax

Charming period hotel. Loved it!
    • Classic Double Room

Very classic hotel in a great location right on the canal. Our room was small but overlooked the canal. Reception was very helpful

Pity question of cost of room
    • Classic Double Room

Misunderstanding of room cost on check out

Very pleasany

Everybody in the staff was very friendly.

They could not take Diners Club card

Everybody in the staff was very friendly. A great old building.

Amazing and romantic in an historical place