Reviews of Hôtel Bellevue Montmartre 3 stars

19 rue d'Orsel, 18th arr., 75018 Paris, France

#1306 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Two Adjacent Double Rooms

the lift to the 3rd floor was not working (it was working going to the other floors) made it hard to navigate the winding stairs with luggage

walking distance to the tour bus and the cathedral

• Double or Twin Room

The place looks somehow rotten, beginning with the entrance "door", the breakfast corner or the room doors. Breakfast was very much below standard (for 12 Euro pp!) - croissant yes, but little else. Black tea was below even the French standard. Boiled eggs, but not cheese or salmon or the like besides very cheap sliced sausage.... The staff was obviously unable to find out what I actually had payed for my breakfast (what I hadn´t done at check-in, but later - seems to be a very difficult task)

Staff was friendly and tried its best to answer questions or even change the room. Beds were ok, bathroom functional. The place is easily found. Location very close to Montmartre/Sacre Coeur

• Double or Twin Room

Out dated property, not great deal on value for money and breakfast is a let down. Some of the electrical were not fitted to safety standard, Fan wasn't working.

Location was great, just 15 mins walk from Gare de Nord train station. It is located on one of the busiest street surprisingly less noisy though, lots of shops around for everything and some good nearby restaurants. Staff were brilliant and very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

No air-conditioning and quite old fashion bed room and bath room. room doors needed oil to avoid noise when opening and closing, breakfast pretty simple but good quality

Good beds and pretty quiet outside and inside, basic equipment, but very good location close to Metro, parks, restaurants, stores for tourist shopping and food store, monuments...

• Double or Twin Room

This is the worst hotel EVER! Awfully small rooms (even for Paris standards), hairdryer did not work, we had no hot water for first night, it had weird smell, the window faced some ugly wall.... No value for money at all! Staying in that place was probably the worst decision in my travel history!

The only good thing about this hotel is that it's vert close to Sacre Coeur cathedral. That's it.

• Double or Twin Room

Room needed a little love (shower door and curtains both needed small repairs). Otherwise everything fine.

Nice basic room in small hotel, good location in Montmartre.

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom had a skylight so drafty we first thought it was open, cold bathroom. Lamps on night table not working. There was a printed form for complaints or suggestions, filled out by some previous guest with a long list of complaints (referring to a different room possibly). Breakfast cramped and empty, don't come towards the end. Friendly staff, though. We stayed two nights in different rooms for different prices. Acceptable for two stars and corresponding price.

Great location close to foot of the funiculaire to Sacre Coeur, friendly staff, good electrical heater, comfortable bed.

No indian restaurant open at the required time. I booked and the money got blocked by the hotel. When i checkin hotel they asked me to pay full amount again for the room. They told after checkout i will get back the blocked amount. So i paid 2 times to them and now i am waiting for my money back to my card.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was extremely helpful and delightful. The room clean and tidy. Amazing location. Great deal for price, location and standard of accommodation!

• Double or Twin Room

A most uncomfortable bed. The WiFi was hopeless, kept dropping out. The common areas were quite good, but our room and bathroom were in serious need of maintenance and a coat of paint.

Location. Agreeable staff.

• Double or Twin Room

The first room we had was too small to walk in but they transferred us to a better room.

The soap is the best I have ever used in all of our accomodations. Even if the hotel was old the toilet smelled really nice and clean. The place is very near Anvers station and was one of the drop off of our Hop on Hop off Big Bus tours. There are restaurants, supermarket nearby and a laundry shop. The receptionist at night was very nice and the Filipina girl Jesiah.

The single room was not very spatious but anyway I could not ask for more for a very clean room in the center of the city.

The staff at the reception is very professional. The room was really really clean. The hotel is very close to public transport.

• Double or Twin Room

There are some noisy bars in the street but they close around 23:00 so not a big problem.

Clean rooms. Kind and friendly staff. Good and strong WiFi in the room. Big double bed and clean private bathroom. If you want to stay in Montmartre this hotel has the best location. Supermarket just in the corner.

I rooms were not soundproofed, I could hear the other visitors while they were getting in and out from the rooms and because of the old windows , I could heard the cars noise from the street.

The staff was friendly and the room was OK for my needs. The room had all the facilities that I was looking for. There is an hypermarket nearby from where you can buy anything .The metro is really near . The hotel is nearby the Sacre Coeur and 10 mins walk from Moulin Rouge . The rooms have a water heater and you could make a tea.

• Double or Twin Room

Staffs are not as professional. I had to give my key in and waited more than 20 mins. The staff was on the phone and she didi not even bother to appilogise for keeping me standing with a child in my arms. She did not bother to ask me to leave the keys. Very rude

So many food shops and take aways around. As well, there is a grocery store right oposit the building and a caffe just 2 min walk from it.walking distance to the Gare de nord station. Will deffinitly staty again

The services in the room could be better, the cups and the water heater looked dirty.

Price was good for one night, the room was good and the view from the room was good as well.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel a bit dated. Dirty neighbourhood, not sure if it is safe to walk alone overnight. A mini fridge would be good in the room. More hangers for clothes or a small chest of drawers. Depsite these we enjoyed our stay very much.

Friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast. Room was kept tidy, towels and sheets were changed often. Close to metro. The internet worked well. Would come back next time!

The towels were really really dirty. All the towels had some sort of dirt on them which really put me off. I have stayed at clean and better three star hotels.

The receptionist was so friendly and helpful, the location was great and walking distance from Gare du Nord or the local Metro station.

Insufficient place for clothing...

Very quiet, reasonable sized room. Very comfortable pillows and bed. Close to transportation. Wifi worked well. Friendly overnight staff.

Nice reception people, convenient to subway, Butte de Montmartre ( where Cathedral of the sacred heart of France is located ), 5 minutes by walk. Little supermarket, restaurants and little shops ( mainly selling cloth ) are just oposite to the hotel or along the street near the hotel

• Double or Twin Room

Inside the room is a bit hot.... even there is a fan.

Very close to the attraction place and public transportation. There are 2 train stations near the hotel. Many restaurant around there.

• Double or Twin Room

I witnessed an older French lady condemning the cleaning women, who had been very kind and done a good job. I speak French, so I could understand. They were far away but I heard everything because she was yelling at them before joining me on the elevator. I assume she was an owner or hotel manager, but it was totally inappropriate and made me feel uncomfortable and bad for the cleaners. I was also walked in on by hotelstaff when I was in my hotel room, with the door locked! I was shocked. I think they were going through to check the quality of the cleaning service, but they didn't even knock - they just unlocked my door barged right in. The two women didn't even apologize. They just spoke quickly in French (luckily I could understand them) saying they didn't know I was there. Finally, with my "genius" status on Booking.com, I should have receive a free breakfast. I asked about it when I arrived at the hotel, but the gentleman at the front desk said I didn't pay for it and it wasn't on my reservation, so I couldn't get the breakfast unless I paid for it each morning. However, on my last day there, another man at the front desk asked why I went out for coffee every morning instead of having coffee/breakfast at the hotel. I told him it wasn't in my booking, but he said it was because of my booking.com status and he apologized that I had been misinformed by the other man. This hotel, except for that one staff member (wish I had noted his name), really needs to work on customer service and appropriate behavior towards customers AND other staff.

Great room - clean and very comfortable beds. Amazing location - so close to Montmartre and metro.

• Double or Twin Room

They changed the carpet in our room during our stay and didn't notify us beforehand. We would have liked to pack our belongings ourselves. Also cleaning forgot to open a window so it smelled of carpet glue when we returned in the evening after sightseeing.

The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. The room was clean. The location was superb! We are considering staying here the next time too. I have to underline the wonderful staff.

No A/C, also the neighborhood was a bit sketchy - might not want to be walking around at night

Good location somewhat close to Gare Du Nord and really close to Montmartre. Wifi was strong enough to give good reception in the guest rooms. They provided a fan in the rooms which helped with the heat.

Old building and old facilities; no air condition in the room; too expensive for a hotel like this, but Paris is an expensive city after all.

Just under the foot of Sacre Coeur, near to Metro 2 and supermarkets.

• Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee facilities in room. Rooms were a bit small.

Good area and easy to get to most of the sites by nearby Metro. Quiet rooms and no real noise. Quite pet friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

I do not recommend this hotel. It was rated at 3 stars and did not deserve them! I paid more here than a much better hotel we had been at 2 weeks earlier. (They were sold out so we didn't go back there) 1 Hotel is located in a seedy part of town, which we didn't know until we arrived. Didn't feel safe while out walking in evening. 2. The bathroom had a weird chemical smell which made the room smell awful. 3. It is tiny, what we expect in Paris 4. The room has old, badly stained wall-paper and while the stairwell and common areas felt clean, the room itself felt grubby. 5 the beds sagged a bit. 6 The night clerk forgot to enter our payment on the computer so there was a delay at check in while we were rushing to our plane

I selected the hotel for proximity to Gare du Nord. Beds were clean. Staff recommended local restaurants.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

One of our bags were stolen during the last day due to lack of attention by the hotel. No excuse or compensation offered.

Location is good even if noisy. Hotel is clean.

• Double or Twin Room

The room size was a little small-one of our suitcases had to be put on the floor. There was really no place to put our toiletries in the bathroom.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

Lift constantly stuck on first floor as door would not close properly, sign on door indicated that it has been an issue for a while . If you are on 4th floor keeps you fit.

3 night stay .1st night small room moved to larger room for the next two , comfortable larger room, bigger bed and bathroom.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was not as we choosed online and we choosed on king size bed but instead of that they keep two bed attached so inbetween the bed and the mattress moves and there was a gap inbetween and the room was partition the sound can be pass so easily..it's merely like home rather than the hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Mold in the shower. Dirty hair filled drains, mold on the bathroom walls. Missing tiles. Disgusting carpet. Twin beds stuffed together sold as a double. Beds were dented in from bodies. Windows showed a rooftop full of cigarette butts and graffiti. Hotel sign itself had graffiti on it. Woke up in the middle of the night to Simone either trying to break in, or staff thinking we were still gone. Don't stay here

The front desk people were nice.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

The wifi was slow & only worked at certain times cutting in and out frequently. Although the room was tidied every day, the sheets weren't changed throughout our 4 night stay. That's only a slight niggle as I'm sure if we had asked they would have been. Otherwise great!

The staff were very welcoming, friendly & helpful. The room was basic but clean & the bed was extremely comfortable. There were lovely complimentary shampoo & soaps in the bathroom. The location was excellent, right in the heart of Montmarte with great transport links. If you want luxury this isn't the hotel for you but it was perfect for our stay as we wanted a nice base to explore Paris from. Excellent value for money for location alone, everything else was a bonus!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

furniture, walls etc a bit tired

I checked in late, staff was nice and super helpful, they gave me a room upgrade and arranged breakfast to be served before opening the morning after

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Only one problem;hair dryer was broken but personnel supplied us a portable one so there was no problem.

Beds are comfortable,room is clean and there is no heating&hot water problem ( we were there on January and the weather was really cold).Personnel is kind and helpful.Location is very good,you can walk to Sacre Coeur Bazilika and you can find good restaurant 500 meters far away.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The propery is somewhat run-down, but I guess for that price in Paris, especially at Montmartre, it is good value for money.

Staff was very helpful - they told us where to find one of the award winning bakeries that supplies the Presidential palace too! Nice location, a stone throw away from the Scare Coeur.

• Double or Twin Room

I stayed for 4 nights. I have no complaints.

For a budget traveler who wants to get out and explore Paris and not stay in your hotel room all day, this hotel was perfect for us. Good location. Two blocks from the Anvers Metro station. Bed was extremely comfortable. Nice staff and management. Daily maid service. Safe, 24 hour reception. It's not the Ritz Carlton so you can't compare it to a major brand hotel. But it's a great value for what it is. I'll stay here again.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Bed was not particularly comfortable (old mattress with broken springs and thin pillows)

Good location, friendly staff, good strong shower, nice breakfast and clean room. Good value for money. Ideal for the budget conscious

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

We enjoyed this hotel a lot. We would recommend a freshening up of the bathrooms. They are absolutely fine, just a bit dated.

This hotel was perfectly located, easy to get to the metro, but not so close to everything that we would pay a ridiculous price. The staff was great and the owner was kind and great to talk to. We also appreciated that while it was close to the street and other buildings, it really was quiet when trying to sleep after long days sight seeing.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The beds were slipping away from each other, they were 2 single beds, a double would have been better. The bathroom could use a renovation (and a radiator).

Good location, clean, cosy - value for money

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Facilities are a bit old

The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, the staff kindly provided to us boiled water. We asked for a quiet room and we received one.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

1. Often, the lift was not working. 2. The pedestal fan even though promised to be replaced was not done. It made so much noise & it used to shake while rotating. 3. The toilet does not have a window or any fresh air inlet & it becomes suffocating & claustrophobic. 4. The bathing space is too small. 5. The pillows were so big that all 3 of us slept without pillows. If you use the hotel pillows, your neck will start paining n you wont get any sleep. 6. The breakfast charges of 9 Euros per person is very high. 7. The hotel room charges are per day ( 24 hours) , then how come you charge for a day but provide only 21 hours ( as the check in as 3pm & check out is 12 noon). The room rate should be reduced accordingly. 8. The hotel asked us to pay the total amount due for our 3 days stay at the time of check in.

1. The receptionist was nice enough to give us a printout of our flight boarding pass. 2. The receptionist was helpful in explaining the places to see, how to move around etc.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The rooms were very old fashioned and needed updating (especially carpets). The area around the beds were not cleaned properly.

Great location and staff very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

A little far from centre of Paris but I was aware of this when booking so didn't mind too much.

Great value for money. Close to metro. Location felt safe. Friendly staff. Would stay again

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The view from our room was not the best I should admit that :(

Great location in the most beautiful quarter of Paris! The staff was really helpful and always smiling. The twin bed was really comfortable...almost missed our flight! Loved it there!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was very nice. The room was simple but spacious and on the calm side of the building. Even though we were very near the Sacré Coeur it was very quiet. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Pictures do NOT look like the property! We stayed for 8 minutes and checked into a new hotel. Very disappointing as we lost our money. Advertising needs to be more honest.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been better for that amount of money.

Hotel is in a really great district (lots of boutiques, cafés and parks) and you can find everything you need. Also possible to go see the highlights by foot.

CANCELLATION POLICY WAS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED BUT IT WAS OK

THE MANAGER WAS GREAT HE HELPED ME AND MY FAMILY FEEL COMFORTABLE, BREAKFAST WAS GREAT ALSO.

Old, very, very expensive for a bad hostel, not a real breakfast

Almost clean and very quiet, calm and the staff is ok

Good hotel, worth every penny I paid. The area was great. Staff was helpful

Very old bath furniture, two days without hot water...

Location is very good!

the toilet downstairs wasn't very clean

the staff were extremely helpful

Nothing really

Location, helpful staff

• Double or Twin Room

Shower and wash basin were almost clogged. Not too quiet, not too bad either.

Nice location and friendly staff, extra electrical heater available.

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent service and the manager even got me some paracetamol as I had a headache after travelling. Will be staying there again .

room

Staff

Heaters were too hot.

Spacious room. Comfy beds. Clean. Even though check in time was 3 pm we were able to check in at 1 as the room was available

Friendly and helpful personnel. Nice breakfast. Close to Metro.

• Double or Twin Room

The pillows are big and hard and very uncomfortable. The cleaning staff was rude.

Nothing in the hotel It was 0 star Room was awful and small

Worst experience Not received what was promised Need a refund

• Double or Twin Room

the room is very small. noisy hotel.

clean room, comfortable bed.

• Double or Twin Room

Close to Gare du Nord, the tube, grocery shops. Helpful staff and left luggage facilities. Breakfast was basic but good and fresh.

Shower needs to be fixed

A good location with a comfortable room a fairlynhelpful staff. The breakfast was ok.

Sheets very dirty

I really enjoyed staying there, very nice staff, clean rooms & decent French breakfast. Definitely coming back . Merci

• Double or Twin Room

Booking.com charged me and once I got to the hotel they charged me again.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was too hard. It was like sleeping on the floor

Good location and polite staff

The hotel is old, room was very very small and looked like from 1980 year

Nothing special

Clean

Old but clean rooms

inside the room is hot

good location

This hotel is not a 3 star-hotel. Fare from. Absolutely no value for the money.

There's no air conditioner in the room, only a fan.

The hotel is located very close to Monmartre and metro station. Very friendly personnel.

Small bathroom.

Friendly staff and great location!

Browse Hôtel Bellevue Montmartre traveller photo gallery