Reviews of Hôtel Brittany 3 stars

3-5, Rue Saint Lazare, 9th arr., 75009 Paris, France

#551 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Privilege Double or Twin Room

Very small room, molds on the ceiling, unpleasant view on backyard with weak mobile reception, no power outlet for computer, even for the lamp on the desk of the room table, very expensive room for very poor service.

An okay property in a bad location.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

An okay property in a bad location. We stayed three nights and every single night there were loud parties right outside our window on the street below - one from a restaurant, one from a bar, and one from an apartment. The apartment party had dozens of people, the windows were open, music was blaring until 4 a.m. It took me complaining multiple times before staff tried to intervene. Barely got any sleep here.

Stay was cosy and comfortable.
    • Family Room

I would highly recommend this hotel to live. Very easy access to Metro and buses. Also, good bars, cafe and restaurants at your disposal. Though rooms are small but it was nice, clean and neat.

Good value for money
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

It was very noisy on a Friday night, originating both from the hotel and bars around, room was very small, not much space for two people (last time I had a double room, and it was a decent size, but this time I got a twin room, and not impressed)

I liked location, bathroom and friendly staff

Awesome, will definitelt come back!
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Lighting in the room and bathroom could be improved:)

Super comfy bed, perfect shower and hot water, room very very quiet, incredible location, great price value!

as expected
    • Cosy Single Room

the fact that the bar is not serving the size of the elevator (1 person+ one suitcase)

the quality of the beds and the quietness : litterally some of the best nights I have ever had !

Never stay in hotel Brittany
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

I was cheated two times by the same receptionist on duty 29 to 30 of March. 2018.First, I was placed in the wrong room by purpose. When I noticed it he changed the room as if it was natural to confuse me. He even did not apologize!!!.Second time he cheated me in taxi rate to CDG airport. He said that it costs 45 Euro but when it arrived it turned out that taxi rate is 57 Euro. I was really very very angry and cancelled the taxi. Very poor experience with hotel Brittany. I am deeply disappointed!!!!!!!!! This receptionist should be fired since he spoils the image of the hotel.

The location was good (15min walk to Eurostar) and staff at...
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Found someone else's hair on the bedsheets. Sound proofing was bad, we could here the next door toilet being used and conversations in middle of the night. There were no ceiling lights, just lamps which made the room very dark.

The location was good (15min walk to Eurostar) and staff at the reception were friendly and spoke good English.

The hotel is in a lovely neighbor close to many restaurants...
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Nothing to mention only a small delay at the beginning to activate the key card for the room

The hotel is in a lovely neighbor close to many restaurants and the metro station. Perfect spot for a trip to Paris.

Great hotel for a short stay!
    • Cosy Single Room

The room was too ward and there was not that much light inside, furthermore the room was a bit small

The staff was really nice and kind, the room was really clean and confortable, great experience!!

Good for budget travelers.
    • Cosy Single Room

The location was nice. Close to a lot of restaurants and metro/bus stations. I was originally booked for 5 nights, but I checked out early instead. They didn’t charge me any fees for checking out early which was nice of them.

Good location next to ND de Lorette in a nice and lively area.
    • Cosy Single Room

The welcome in the middle of the night with some lack of clarity and relative unfriendliness. The elevator is super small if you have a proper luggage; the bathroom is outdated and smaller than small. The TV is far from the bed, with quite a low volume limitation, and small. There is no laundry service.

Ultimately, it was comfortable indeed, despite the quite small size of the room on the description.

Nice staff, small rooms, mixed feelings
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

The normal 2 pers. bedroom is really small, there is nearly enough space to move around together, because of this spending time in your room is only possible when you decide to stay in bed. Besides that we thought the beds were a little bit to small, 200cm I guess. Also the free WiFi is really slow and you have to sign-in every few hours. Before we arrived we knew that this hotel also had a whisky bar. Unfortunately on arrival they told us the bar personal was on holiday and they weren't even able to give us a wine or a beer. That was kind of disappointing cause now we had to get our own drinks for the evening. This made it feel like an apartment instead of a hotel.

The staff was really kind and helpful, it was our first time in Paris and they really helped us understanding the transport through the subway and how to travel to different landmarks. We also liked breakfast, it was simple but really tasteful. Cleaning was done everyday and level of cleaning was good enough.

Perfect location, hotel was great
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

It's Very central, close to shopping area, bars and restaurants. Very close to a metro station and bus station as well. Friendly staff and has all we needed for our stay

Great Location, Kind Staffs and nicely decoraed hotel
    • Cosy Single Room

Location was amazing, just 2 minuts from Metro station and within walking distance to Opera. The area is nice I did not feel any danger. The hotel is beautifully decotrated and the staffs were very kind.

Great stay in a great central location
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

very minor things (would not consider a real issue): -elevator is tiny -wi-fi was ok but not excellent -breakfast was extra charge

Overall I fully enjoyed my stay: -had a spacious and very comfortable room on the 4th floor -staff was friendly, polite and professional (pleasure to deal with) -excellent location - neat to Opera; easy access to airport; many attractions were walking distance (Montmartre - 20 min one way; Louvre - 25 min another way...) I finally felt that Paris can be "small & cozy" :) -good quality of sleep -tea making facilities in the room

Great deal on clean hotel in Paris
    • Cosy Single Room

The hotel was very clean and the location was perfect. We were very close to a metro. The desk person during the day was very helpful. Breakfast was excellent for the price. The room was small (as I knew it would be from description), but just right for me.

Mouse at breakfast
    • Cosy Single Room

Mouse & breakfast! And the hotel employee did not care that there is a mouse running around the food (on the table with bred). I told her about the mouse and she did nothing. She did not even apology. Regarding the offer, it is not worth to buy breakfast at the hotel. Extremely poor offer.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Greatly located comfortable place
    • Cosy Single Room

Great location, very welcoming, kind and understanding receptionists: I caught a cold - a cup of hot water was instantly ready for me to drink my medicine. There's a tea pot with tea/coffee in the room. It was very quiet room so I've got a good rest at night.

Super
    • Family Room

It is located in the city center and very close to metro station staff is very helpful and kind room is very clean breakfast is very good I recommend everyone

very good localization and instalations
    • Family Room

The receptionist, during check out questioned me about the breakfast payment being that we did not use the breakfast because he himself had spoken during the check in which was not included, despite having requested in the reservation.

licalization

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Just what you need for a short stay.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Smallest lift I've ever seen.

Friendly staff, clean room and very comfortable beds. Busy area, but I had a great night's sleep with no bothersome noise.

brilliant comfortable hotel - great value for money ! Luxury ! comfort! location!!
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

great location in heart of paris - very well appointed hotel with modern luxury interior quiet. great aircon, decent wifi near restaurants and metro. great value for money. SUPERB!!!!

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Perfect as a tourist, not the best for a working trip
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

As other customers already wrote, the wifi is very very bad and there is only one plug in all the room, and it is a problem if yo want to work at your pc.

Very convenient location. You have two metro stations very close and if you like walk you can reach Louvre Museum in less than 20 minutes

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

a pleasant hotel

Nothing. I would certanly stay again if the price is right.

Location is perfect. I had quiet room and it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Bonus is the kettle anf tea bags.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

disappointment
    • Cosy Single Room

The hotel notified booking.com that I had no-show,it charged me by credit card that day.Although I got a refund after several days of attempting showing some evidence I had checked in,I lost some money because of the different of currency anyway.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Nice hotel for guests not spending much time in the rooms.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

My room heater made some noises during the night, due to which I had to turn it off. During the day I had it on full and it would warm up the room so, it wasn't a big problem for me. The street noise I the morning might be a problem for some guests but that's a good trade-off since the area is quite active during the day for you to explore.

The location is really nice. The shopping streets are just a couple of blocks away. Hotel itself is quite clean and solves the purpose if you're just going to go there to sleep. Hotel staff was quite friendly too.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Nice boutique hotel, shame about the underused facilities and confusing (at times) staff
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

A few things soured our stay. Confusion over whether or not breakfast was included with the price of the room. One member of staff saying it wasent and then another saying it was go and help yourself to then be told is wasn't free and we'd have to pay. The hotel bar seemingly closed for the duration, why have a bar if its never open(?) Being told we hadn't paid when we paid in advance. Only to clarify we hadn't paid tourism tax, panic attack over! Lack of tea/coffee making facility. I had a kettle etc in my room but the room my friends were staying in did not. After asking twice at reception if this could be rectified, nobody took this any further.

Nice modern clean hotel located a stones throw from the Metro

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Amazing set up with the tartan all over the place.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Tiny old school lift but does the job.

Amazing set up with the tartan all over the place. Very friendly and smiling staff, especially the night receptionist. Very comfy and clean room. Location is perfect with plenty of restaurants around.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Kind and helpfull staff. However I found the room a little bit too dark, bright bulbs needed
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

I think it would be nice if the room had a lamp in the middle. I thought the room was too dark, the light bulbs they had were not bright enough to work in the computer (at least for me). If you are planning to use the room only to sleep, then all is OK. It was also hard to use the safety box since it was inside the closet and it was even darker in there. Maybe they could add a led light inside of the closet(?). The soundproofing is not so good either, but if you plan to wake up early, it won't be a problem. After 8am you might hear the sound of the cars in the streets, but you'll be able to sleep comfortably.

The helpfullness of the staff. Natalie and Sofianne were very helpful and kind. They received me always with a smile and gave me nice ideas/suggestions of places to visit.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Everything perfect until...

-awkward wi-fi -I found the baby high chair inside the disabled bathroom of the lobby: there's nothing less hygienic for our babies! Don't ask for a high chair as it's been stored inside a toilet.

Location, lobby design, lift, rooms well-cleaned with safe and nice bathroom.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Very nice discovery.

None, considering the price I've got. But I realise that their usual price is higher that what I paid. The hotels in Paris with reasonable price have usually a small room and here is the same. My room was not so spacious but very nice and it was overall very pleasant experience.

When I entered my room, I thought it was too good to be true for what I paid(less than 50 euros), but it was true. Kind and polite staff, clean and nicely decorated room, a proper desk,easy to use. Wifi was working fine, there was a good hair dryer in the bath room. Also the area around hotel was very nice(atomospher typicall parisien in my image, with a church and bakery so on) Very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Great Location

Maybe not the quietest hotel in the world, but I couldn't call it noisy.

The Location was great, just off the Rue des Martyrs and a couple of minutes walk to 2 different Metro lines. If you want to feel like you are staying in a city and not a tourist attraction, then this is the place to stay.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

The Hotel is located in the centre and at the same time...

The Hotel is located in the centre and at the same time rather quite for comfty sleep. I liked very much the bed, the kettle with everything about is, bathroom supplies, and very friendly reception.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Rooms were maintained properly and the staff is friendly.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Windows isolation is bad. My room was located on the street side and I could hear people's crossing talks. I woke up early morning because of the cars and street noise.

Rooms were maintained properly and the staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Nice, clean hotel at a good location
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Not were good internet connection. It would probably have been better on a computer but I only had my IPhone and with that it was a struggle.

Felt like newly renovated and clean. A bit quirky design but still nice.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

I do not recommend if all rooms are like mine.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Room was noisy. Some noise was coming beyond ceiling like you will hear from an electric heater continously heating water. I could not understand the source or reason for noise. In the morning when I wanted to have shower the hot water came to the tap after a very very much liters of cold water flowed out.

The bad was comfortable. The room was clean. Very close the metro station.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Really friendly hotel in a great location
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

My shower room whilst perfectly functional and clean was a bit tired. The room felt a little cramped particularly compared to my colleague's next door which felt larger (and the shower room was more modern). Just one electrical socket in the bedroom. But the positives far outweighed the negatives and none of these things would prevent me from staying here again.

Really friendly and helpful staff, nice decor and breakfast. Great location close to several metro lines and good restaurants. Within walking distance of Gare du Nord. Good wifi and secure left luggage room.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Good for location, Bad for amenities.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

What I didn't like was the lack of mini-bar in the room, they don't offer water on your arrival even if you're there for business. There was some noise for half an hour regarding other bookers, NO ISOLATION in the prestige room in which i could hear all voices and noises. The view (no view), the bed was hard and not cleaned (too many hair). For a three stars with a good location, this got me on my nerves on so many levels. The receptionist asked why I didn't call for the voice. If i'm paying for a business trip for 90$ or as it was 135$, it's supposed to have at least noise isolation. I had to include my membership on Wifi every 90 minutes. I'm quite disappointed!

I liked how transportation and monuments were close enough to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Small but central rooms
    • Cosy Single Room

Air conditioning was broken, room got quite hot despite being September. Elevator is very small

Inexpensive, central location (with metro only 15 min from the Louvre)

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

nice little hotel good for solo traveler.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

shower can be a lot more powerful. it has a old hotel smell

nice little hotel good for solo traveler. good value for money. staff were friendly. had a comfortable stay in general

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Friendly and helpful staff.

The "free" WiFi is outsourced and requires registration with Orange at every login. The signal is also weak and bandwidth is on the narrow side.

Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Nice hotel!

Really nice hotel, well situated (metro station in 2 minutes), cozy clean room. I would really recommend this hotel! Lots of restaurants, points of interest in walking distance.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Good stay in a nice little 3 star hotel

There were no major problems these are all very minor points which did not ruin the stay. Did walk past the hotel a couple of times looking for it but this was my fault not looking up as there is a sign over the top of the hotel. There didn't seem to be any hot water on an evening, didn't complain at hotel as this wasn't a major problem for myself his is just an observation. Air condtioning was not working but not overly hot in September.

The staff that I met on the front desk were friendly and helpful when I asked questions and when I gave and received my key card when going out and coming back. Good value for money. Very close to metro station, but just over a 1km walk from Gare de Nord. Rooms cleaned daily. Facilities that you would expect in a 3 star hotel. Lots of restaurants, bars within walking distance. I would stay here again if I was in Paris.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Enjoyable and decent

The exceedingly small tv

The AC the bathroom size, soap and lotion provided and the bed size.

Lovely
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Lift was tiny and felt very closed in as hardly fits two people in

The hotel was very conviently placed The staff were friendly and helpful

They were nice and very accommodating
    • Family Room

Our room was not big enough for us, confusion on the first night with room availablity

Enjoyed being in Paris !

No refrigerator..

Bathtub!! Great location!

Great location but not friendly staff.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Day time staffs are not helpful and friendly. Night shift staff is fine.

Location is really good. Surrounded with lots of cafe and restaurants.

Location is the best

Location is the best

Happily surprised by the room size, considering the price.

The WiFi, but still OK.

Very good value for money considering the location.

Wifi

Wifi

Fair
    • Cosy Single Room

Wifi turned off many times. Dryers melted and its head dropped off.

Safe. There were a cafe and a supermarket near this hotel.

Highly recommended place!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location, room size, property, staff, everything!

A home in Paris
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Know what the customer needs

Area of room

good location, poor room conditions
    • Cosy Single Room

small and cold room, high price, no proper warm blanket, wifi that you should reconnect every 10 minutes entering personal info

staff is ok

Nice hotel

Small rooms. The system is all hard copied, so check in took some time

Comfortable location, clean

Would only recommend to those who put cheap price as a priority

No sunlight in the room, minimum hospitability of staff

Location is close to Opera, welcome croissants in reception zone =)

Staff excellent

Broken shower head

Staff excellent and very helpful

My keys didn't work.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

My keys didn't work. The room wasn't clean

Convenient and reasonable
    • Cosy Single Room

best location. Very close to metro. Comfortable dining room for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Great Hotel in Cool Location

slightly small

Cool location, well connected to subway, and very comfortable room

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

small rooms, the air condition was not working

small rooms, the air condition was not working we asked for separate beds and didn't get . they didn't have an extra blanket

Great location, nice staff
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

There wasn't enough light at room

Great location, nice staff

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

No breakfast after 10am on a Sunday, and almost nothing to...
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

No breakfast after 10am on a Sunday, and almost nothing to eat after 9am. Noisy heating system in the night

I had a wonderful stay at Brittany.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

I had a wonderful stay at Brittany. The staff was very friendly, the hotel clean, and overall offered good value for money

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Great hotel in a great area - poor wifi
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Orange Wifi is really not good

Excellent location close to Printemps and St Lazare - Spacious and comfortable room

Cheap and modern hotel, great location.

Short and noisy bed.

Cheap and modern hotel, great location.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Very central
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy if windows are opened.

Comfortable and clean rooms. Also very central and original hotel features. would not hesitate to go back.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

It was nice for an overnight stay.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Room facing the street, it was a little noisy.

Location, rate was good.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The bed is really confortable.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Wi-Fi works only in one device. Too much noise in the corridor.

The bed is really confortable.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

great

very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

With this price, it afford comfort.
    • Privilege Double or Twin Room

Rooms are small. Elevator is small. Not so close to important places.

With this price, it afford comfort.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

had to warn the man in reception to live the hotel and need refund if tv not fixed (4 hours).
    • Cosy Single Room

bed not good too small, poor tv connection.

Browse Hôtel Brittany traveller photo gallery