Reviews of Hotel Claret 3 stars

44 boulevard de Bercy, 12th arr., 75012 Paris, France

#1266 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

The location was right in front of Bercy metro, right next...
    • Double Deluxe Attic Room (Air-Conditioning)

The shower was not a real shower but it was fine.

The location was right in front of Bercy metro, right next to Accor Stadium. The staff were wonderful.

Paying for location, no more

The room was uncomfortably warm, although they did provide a small fan. The room was clean, but the hallways and stairwells in the hotel just felt old and dirty. The breakfast was sufficient, but left a lot to be desired.

The location was unbeatable!

Nice location, rooms and customer service needs some TLC. Glad I was only staying the one night

I arrived early and left my luggage with reception, I returned at 1.58pm (check in is at 2pm), and got told I was too early to check in, and need to come back in 10 mins. Got my key (it's an actual key with massive wooden fob), and that was it, nothing else said. Would have been nice to be told where to head to get to room. Not great customer service! Was a distinct smell of smoke when I laid in bed, not sure if it was the covers/sheets or smoke coming in through the closed windows from outside. The rooms on the website definitely didn't represent what I got given. My bathroom (well small room with tiny shower, sink and toilet), wasn't as nice as the ones online, and the room itself wasn't anywhere as nice as the featured ones. Whoever decided to paint the lovely rustic beams silver should be fired, but I'm guessing that's the same person who put two mismatched door handles on the closet and covered the closet in the most eyesore pattern in the world, that clashed with curtains and wall paper.

Bed was comfy and once I got to sleep I slept well, but that may have been because I was really tired! The location was great for the Accor Arena, and easy to get to after travelling in on Eurostar, with it being a short walk from Gare de Lyon (7 mins from Gard de Nord by train, then 10 min stroll). Also Bercy station and is right next door.

Good public transport facilities

Small rooms Noisy (trains and traffic) Cheap facilities Very hot room during warm weather Expensive drinks (little water bottle €3)

Good public transport facilities 24/7

3.0
    Clothing theft from hotel room.

My favourite T-shirt, hand painted, was stolen from my room on the last day. I wrote to the hotel on my return and asked them to investigate. No word from the hotel after two weeks. What a shame, I spent five nights in there. Any well-run hotel would have responded.

sleep in the train station at least you know what to expect.

the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed, the cleaning lady was using the toilet brush to unclog the sink, the shower was full of hair from the previous guest, the room is a complete disaster, old furniture, no space to open a suitcase and I can go on and on, but really, if you read this do not go there, waste of money!

I really recommend you find another hotel. read my comments.

Horrendous

We booked a room with a ‘city view’ at an extra cost however there was no city view. We were facing just loads of random trees, you couldn’t see anything. Also when we went down for breakfast in the morning, the waiter who was in the bar made some silly racist comments to my partner- addressing him as ‘black panther’ and adding ‘man’ at the end of every sentence after hearing my partner say it in a sentence. It was highly offensive

The rooms look nothing like the rooms that are provided on the website or booking.com they were bare with all pictures to removed from walls and just left with random pins. The carpet was a horrible stained colour.

The property is within wAlking distance of Gare de Lyon...

The property is a little tired. The bathroom is a wet room, and it does all get wet.

The property is within wAlking distance of Gare de Lyon train station. The staff were very helpful. The breakfast was great, and we ate at the restaurant for dinner also and it was good.

Bed bugs!!!

Bed bugs!!! Incredible to go to a 3 stars hotel and get bitten! Also, a shower rug sticking on you when you take a shower? That’s not hygienic and not a great experience at all! On top of that the hair dryer wasn’t working and you get a noisy fan in the room if you feel hot. Avoid at all cost!

Perfect price for the location

There is no electrical outlet near my bed and the room looks old. The bathroom is clean and modern but i didnt like to take a shower and after if I want to go to the toilet my foot would be wet :(

The breakfast & the location

close to the metro and handy to where I needed to be
    • Standard Twin Room

decor and facilities have seen better days. There was an awful smell of sewage in my room and the bathroom sink took forever to drain. Breakfast was ok but expensive and not renewed often enough

close to the metro and handy to where I needed to be

Newly renovated bathroom.
    • Double Deluxe Attic Room (Air-Conditioning)

The location is not very pretty. Only one power outlet in the room We just had the 4 Euro breakfast but were told we would have to pay extra if we wanted a glass of water. Only one English TV channel

Newly renovated bathroom. Metro station outside the door. Lots of cafes and restaurants close by.

Below average.

The bed was horrible and squeaky every time you moved, the pillows were terrible, the staff couldn’t be bothered evening smiling as you entered it exited let alone greet you unless you did it first, and then it was begrudgingly, we had to pay additional city tax on the amount we’d already paid for the stay. Overall over priced and rubbish would never stay there again

To stay one night is not so bad, but no more.
    • Standard Twin Room

The elevator...very slow But the worst is when you arrive to your flat and ... NO LIGHTS. The lights are automatic, but they work very bad The bath tub is dangerous, very sliding, and no courtain

For us, this time, the most important it was the location very near the Bercy train station.

It’s so easy to find the hotel because it is next to the...
    • Standard Twin Room

Price is quite high and it’s exclude breakfast.

It’s so easy to find the hotel because it is next to the Paris-Bercy train station and in front of hotel is the Bercy metro station. Staff can speak English and near the hotel have Asia food restaurant.

Clean but noisy and small rooms

Sound, whenever someone opened lift, whenever someone talks in corridor, there was noise and uncomfortable. The bathroom has only bath tub and not good for quick shower.

Clean

Average stay in an average, expensive hotel

Far too expensive, small room, had to request 3 replacement light bulbs on arrival although this was dealt with quite efficiently.

the hotel was ok - there was nothing I particularly liked about it. It was functional.

Invest in wall insulation

the hotel has been renovated but it is a 19th century building and the walls between rooms are very thin and not soundproof. I had the misfortune to have noisy Italian neighbours who stayed up very late talking loudly despite a request to be quiet

good breakfas

Great little hotel with very comfortable bed!
    • Standard Twin Room

The WiFi was down so trying to check-in for our flight and order an Uber were impossible except for the very helpful front desk worker who connected us with a hotspot on his phone so we could make these reservations!

Great little hotel with very comfortable bed! Super gentleman at the front desk!

Very good wifi, located near metro.

Furniture/carpets are really worn out. Doors to the restroom were dirty and needed to be repainted. Sound isolation inside the hotel is very bad - I could hear neighbours open the door or getting shower same way as that happened in my room.

Very good wifi, located near metro.

Ok for an over night stay,when in transit otherwise there is nothing interesting around apart bars
    • Standard Twin Room

Less noise in the morning and no disturbances, provide even one news English channel, hotel toilets need to be cleaned at all times especially in the restaurant

I arrived very early and was checked in really early before check in time. Good location

Okay accommodation but good location
    • Double Deluxe Attic Room (Air-Conditioning)

the services mentioned like laundry was not available, the room was not like what was shown in the pictures.

Asham the receptionist was very kind and helpful, he made our stay easier and more comfortable.

Hotel is lovely and in a great location for transport, great staff, cleaning could be better.

I was getting undressed and one of the staff knocked on our door, and instead of pausing for a response, just opened our door.

The beds were very comfortable. The staff were incredibly friendly

It's good if you have an early train to catch

It looks much worse in real. Room smells like cigarette also there's nowhere to charge my phone around bed, only one under the table which is far from the bed. bed itself was uncomfortable as well.

The location was very good. Right in front of bercy station.

Great stay overall

Breakfast selection was not very interesting. Cleaners go home early meaning any cleaning requirements needed after 2pm would have to wait till the next day.

Very friendly and helpful staff. I had an issue with my card and they helped me figure out a solution that didn't mean that I would get kicked out. I drove all the way from London and arrived at 2am in the morning and it was kind of them to be so considerate and allow me to resolve my card issue in the morning.

Good location near Gare De Lyon

Little bit pricey for what you get, hotels on the other side of the train station can be had cheaper that are more romantic and better located for walking to fun stuff.

Location a short walk to the Gare De Lyon, where we arrived from CDG on the RER train, and left the next morning headed south on the TGV. Around the corner from the AccorHotels Arena, where Youssou N'Dour was playing. We'd have gone if we weren't so jet-lagged.

The parking was handy once we found it.

The rooms look nothing like the pictures shown on booking.com the decor was very bland, no lamp shades on the lights, marks all over the wall and floors. Overpriced for what it was.

The parking was handy once we found it. 😊 The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Good value
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff could have been nicer. And it would be nice with possibility to make coffee or tea in the room.

Good value for the money, clean and great location :)

Good location to Bercy Station for a brief overnight stay.

Shower door was broken and half heartedly replaced with a plastic shower curtain. Bathroom was not very clean and requires an upgrade. Carpets were in need of a deep clean too. Musty smell.

Close to Bercy Station. We had an early train to continue our journey the next day.

We won't go back.
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff unfriendly and not helpful. Couldn't even get a plastic cup from them when they cleaned our room and failed to leave fresh cups. Had to run around all night to find an ATM for cash to the airport the next day, they would not let me pay by credit card (you pay the hotel and taxi for the ride). Location sucked, construction everywhere, and as stared, no nearby ATMs. Nearby convenienc store closes early. I would not recommend this hotel or area to stay, I will not go to Paris, or France for that matter again unless I want to be treated rudely, and overpay for everything. The stereotype is true. Go to Italy, where the food and people are great if you want a nice vacation.

Good hotel in convenient if not-so-nice neighborhood. I would stay here again for the quality, rates

Unattractive neighborhood Heavy traffic Nearby construction

Helpful, nice front desk people Elevator Neighborhood cafes and boulangerie Metro entrance in front of hotel, very convenient for early morning departure

Terrible, would never go back. !!
    • Standard Twin Room

This was possible the worth stay I've ever had. When I arrived the lift wasn't working and the hotel looks nothing like in the pictures, the hotel is extremely unclean and the lights don't work, I had to use my mobile phone to ensure I was walking to the right place at night. When I complained about it, they kept saying we will talk to the manager and for 3 days they did nothing. On my last day they offered me to stay in another room which was on the same floor and no different. The moment I stepped out of the room, there was always a gush of smoking smell. Overall I would rate this hotel a 4/10.

Literally nothing. Except one of the night staffs, I believe he was an Indian (he was very friendly), the rest seemed just not bothered.

Horrific.
    • Standard Twin Room

There were bed bugs in our room 105 from memory. At 2am we had to get up and transfer rooms after speaking to admin. The guy at reception was apologetic but not surprised as he said 2 weeks ago the pest controllers were in. On the Friday morning, the lady at reception said her boss was not in. She said we would be able to get a full refund for both nights (left after 1st night after originally planning to stay for two). I am yet to hear back. Disgusting. I'll be making a further to get our money back and advise the general public.

An excellent location for public transport with a Metro...
    • Twin Deluxe Attic Room (Air-Conditioning)

We stayed on a hot Paris evening in one of the garret (mansard) rooms with characteristic wooden beams so it got a little warm in there. Should have got the A/C control which was probably with Reception. As an aside, and nothing to do with the hotel, what is it with Paris and public (in)conveniences!? There are not enough of the new "sanisettes" around the city. Wise up about this before you go! http://parisjourney.com/toilets-in-paris-before-you-go-you-should-know

An excellent location for public transport with a Metro exit/entrance (Bercy) right outside the hotel and mainline stations (Gare de Lyon, Gare Paris Bercy) nearby. The Metro entrance right outside the hotel is for ticket holders only with no ticket machine which confused us and a couple of other travellers for a while, didn't see the large notice to this effect above the entrance! So you need to get your ticket from the main entrance, about 50 meters to the north west. Clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet good. Very helpful staff on both check in and check out. Great value for money.

Would stay here again and recommend!!

Room overlooked a busy road so with the window open it was quite noisy but that didn't really bother us room could get quite warm

Friendly staff who let us store our bags before and after check in/out Great location right next to metro with links to all the touristy areas Comfy bed Amazing shower

Bed was comfy

For the price, everything was just fine. However they could offer some drinks (tea for instance) and maybe quick food at night (nuts/crisps). I asked for tea when I had come soaked from the rain and cold at around 1am and they said it was impossible to offer/ make. Also, there was only one socket in the entire room.

Bed was comfy

Relatively low cost for the basics in a quite area, but don't expect much
    • Double Deluxe Attic Room (Air-Conditioning)

Old bathroom, no towel hanging hooks or rack inside, small desk, extra bed in the room made it impossible to use the desk since there wasn't space to push back the chair! I had dinner one day from the hotel restaurant and the stake was almost inedible (very very chewy).

Relatively low cost, quite area, nice water pressure, the staff is friendly and helpful.

Diasappointed

There was no air conditioning only an electric fan, which did not do much good. It made it hard to sleep, because it was hot in Paris.

It was very close to the Bercy train station. We left from that station the following morning. So it was very convenient. Which is why I picked it.

Don't recommend this hotel

Everything else. Our rooms were mixed up, paid for an upgrade and it was smaller then the other rooms. Far away from central. I won't be going back.

It was next to the metro

Perfect location makes this hotel a winner for travellers
    • Standard Twin Room

Super friendly and helpful reception staff. Clean and comfortable room was exactly what we needed for a good night's sleep before continuing our journey the next day. Very effective double glazing kept out traffic noise.Proximity to Bercy metro, RER and SNCF station makes this hotel the perfect location. Will definitely stay again on our next journey to Paris. Big thanks to staff!

Least bothered
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel did not compromise on early check in for even 30 minutes. We had to wait for 8 hours as we arrived in Paris at 6 AM and we only checked in at 2 PM. No facility to freshen up as there no guest toilets. The front office was very unhelpful and even managed to misguide us to a nearby museum Sending us on a long walk even though we looked clearly tired n exhausted.

Location was great with easy access to the Bercy train and Bus stations.

Pleasant hotel in handy location

A little warm and no aircon. Couldn't sleep with window open as too noisy (double glazing get noise out though).

Small (like so many in Paris!) but nice room. Clean. Nice staff with good English and patience with my bad French! Option of breakfast next door but plenty of other choices nearby. Close to a few metro stops and right near Gare de Lyon & Gare Austerlitz for onward travel. Plenty of restaurants on the same block and easy walk to many more. Close to Ave Daumesnel with the cool viaduct converted to a series of artist galleries in the arches below - from glass blowers to weavers - and a garden above.

Don't book this hotel - to expensive for what it is.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was very old, the room wasn't clean and the room like a sauna, very warm although it wasn't that sunny that day in Paris and the room had no airco. This hotel is way overprice, look for something better.

Never again!
    • Standard Twin Room

I didn't like it at all. There is no aircon in the room so with 34 degrees outside I had to have open window. Noise outside is incredible, even though night trains were running. Lift wasn't working for a while, no signs on the floor how to find stairs. Other guests were also confused. Room smelled a bit and was not hovered although bathroom was clean. When going outside you have to leave key in reception which I felt is not secure. I had feelings they didn't even check who is taking key back. A man from housekeeping just went inside my room and started hoovering. Then I pointed this in reception I was told it's because he didn't expect anyone as I checked in too early. According to Booking.com I was after check-in time starts. Didn't try breakfast.

Location is excellent if you are going for event in Accor Arena

Good enough

Free wifi not available Minimalist room; in my opinion, the price doesn't worth the services offered (no fridge, no condition air: too hot with the windows closed/too noisy with the windows open).

Luggage storage, kind staff, good cleaning, good public transport connection. The zone around is very nice (brasseries, restaurants, markets and Bercy village not too far).

Great location for a weekend.

The shower wasn't particularly great and there was only one plug socket in the room - not ideal for a couple with 2 x smartphones and one who needs a hairdryer. Whilst the room had a quiet, garden view, this did lead to a possibility of mosquito bites during the night as there is no aircon and so the window had to be left open on a hot Parisian night.

The location was perfect, great bars near by and only a couple of stops on the metro before you're in central paris. The metro is also right outside the hotel which has easy links to take you to the airports. Room was dated but comfortable and very quiet at night.

Inaccurate photos and rude night manager
    • Standard Twin Room

Rude night manager who got all our rooms wrong Paid for a superior which was smaller than the double Bathroom and room was dirty Unhelpful staff in general and very expensive late check out

Next to a metro station

Presque Parfait Paris

The price was my only drawback!

Hotel Claret was located close to the Metro Bercy . The area had a social friendly vibe with plenty of cafes open late. The hotel itself had a twist of individuality to separate it from the crowd. Breakfast unusually included English Style Eggs, Bacon & Sausage. The Cinamathique Francaise was handily located near the hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Happy days in Paris

Parking cannot be reserved but we were lucky and got a space in a garage.

Accorhotels Arena was just around the corner which was very practical for our purposes. There are many good restaurants only a 15-minute stroll away through a beautiful park by the Seine. The metro is close by. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Not pretentious but convenient
    • Standard Twin Room

Internet was a bit flaky. the shower cabin curtain could maybe be changed into something that permits a shower without getting water out on the floor.

Staff did try their best to address some of our needs: mosquito-spray, extension cord and helped us find our way.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms comfortable...

The breakfast offered at the restaurant was terrible for the 14 euro price tag and the buffet was empty early (not refreshed)

The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms comfortable / clean (awesome pillows). Location is perfect if there is an event at the arena.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

the breakfast is good.
    • Standard Twin Room

This is the 4th time to book this hotel since 2015. I usually bring friends and family. However, I had a bad experience this time. The receptionist on shift (6am) is a bit rude. We arrived early and just want to sit on the common area and leave the luggages to go around. He said we cannot stay there and we can leave the luggages but we need to leave immediately. When we (5 people) arrived at 1030pm to rest, I had to wait for 20 mins to get a key. I was surprised that the room is occupied by people (im sorry for those people who were already sleeping). I had to go to the reception to get a new room and waited for 15 mins again. Next time, be smarter on giving keys/rooms to your customers. Have a lock inside the room so there is no way to open it from outside. room is a bit warm. no fan or cold airco.

the breakfast is good. fresh croissants, bread, eggs, bacon, coffee. good service in the restaurant as always.

I don't know if it was mistake or policy, but there was...
    • Standard Twin Room

I don't know if it was mistake or policy, but there was no glass in room. Breakfast is poor. Only one power outlet, position not alowing phone to lie on bedside table during charging.

Hotel very convenient for Gare de Lyon and handy with metro...
    • Double Deluxe Attic Room (Air-Conditioning)

I thought the room was going to have a bath but instead it had a very small shower and it was easy to keep accidentally knocking the heat control. I was pregnant when travelling so would have appreciated a bit more space for washing.

Hotel very convenient for Gare de Lyon and handy with metro stop right outside the property. Good range of restaurants in immediate vicinity. Staff were friendly and checking in and out as well as leaving luggage on the last day was easy. Rooms were nicely decorated.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Staff. I requested them to book for my airport transfer and they never informed me that the same is canceled. Moreover instead of deducting eur83 for one day, they have deducted Eur 783.need to ask them to refund the balance Eur 700

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Compact but quiet and well situated

Some of the paintwork and the carpet in the corridor could have done with renewal

The location was superb, only a few steps from the metro, close to the Gare du Nord - and the receptionist was very helpful when I asked for a good place nearby to buy a bottle of wine to take to friends. Room was compact but had all I needed for a brief stay. Felt safe and quiet.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Location is good.

The price could be better, but considering its location, it is acceptable. I bought a cola at the reception but the price is relatively high.

Location is good. Around 10-15 min walking to Gare de Lyon. Facilities are good and the bed is really comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Excellent value for the money.
    • Standard Twin Room

Most guests had breakfast included in the room charge, we did not. It was difficult to explain to staff that we wished just croissants and coffee, not the 14 Euro breakfast, which did not look all that great.

Rooms were smallish but charming. Close to train station. Gare de Lyon.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Close to the Accor Hotels Arena and Bercy Station
    • Standard Twin Room

Shower wasn't that easy to use and was a bit temperamental. Room was cold in the night which woke me along with the rain on the Velux windows (it was an attic room). It was also easy to catch and bump your head on the beams.

Very close to the Accor Hotels Arena where we were attending a concert and Bercy Station for trains/buses. The room was nicely decorated and different from your average chain hotel. It was also very clean.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

I chose the hotel as I attended a concert on Accorhotels...

The wifi didn't work. The rooms are soundproof in the sense that no noise from other rooms can be heard, but the noise from the corridor yes.

I chose the hotel as I attended a concert on Accorhotels Arena. It was very well located in relation to the venue: On a quiet street less than 5 mins walk away. There's also a metro stop right in front of the hotel and many restaurants close by. However, if I wanted to visit the tourist sights I wouldn't chose this hotel as it is a bit far from the main sights and always need to take a metro. The room was big in Paris standards and nicely decorated.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Great stop before catching the train or for few days to explore Paris

great location next to the train station and subway, good facilities and friendly staff. Perfect stop before travelling in Auvergne. Would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Small, cosy & neat - not for the mobility impaired however.

No facilities for disabled guests, despite claim on booking.com.

Warm, quiet, clean, cosy room and comfortable bed which was a welcome treat after a long flight and a cold Paris winter night.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Bercy's Crown Jewel
    • Standard Single Room

The bathroom door wouldn't close; but since I was the only person in the room, it was only a minor annoyance.

This hotel is a strong contender for my top 5 favorite hotels in Paris - the location is nearly perfect, there are lots of restaurants nearby, it's in a transport hub with a train station and Metro service a stone's through away. The breakfast bar is well appointed, the rooms are comfortable and charming, and the staff is friendly and helpful; I stayed here previously in 2013, and I can see a lot of changes since then.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Convenient location
    • Standard Twin Room

- Surrounding area is a little too quiet for my liking.

- Walking distance to Gare De Lyon, which we needed to get to for our train to Zurich. - There is a metro station right at the footstep of the hotel, which is only 5 train stops away from the shopping area! (Galeries La Fayette, Printemps etc)

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Good location for our requirements, however...
    • Standard Twin Room

Combative staff who were constantly trying to upsell tickets to the airport, all whilst being told we had arrangements.

Good room and comfort. Location was ideal for our purposes.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Great hotel near bercy for price

one staff on reception not very friendly No tea/coffee facilities in room

Location of this property to accorn arena is great and next to metro station

Location and clineless
    • Standard Twin Room

No Air Condition with 32 C and no possibility to open the windows because of to much noise from the Bercy train station

Location and clineless

Perfect for Gare de Bercy

Great position for station and staff were very helpful

Location is good, near the gare de Lyon station

The room is small.

Location is good, near the gare de Lyon station

Basic but friendly
    • Superior Twin Room

Only one electrical socket in the room

Staff welcoming and helpful

Lovely staff, nice comfortable
    • Superior Twin Room

Cleanliness could have been better

Lovely staff, nice comfortable hotel

The hotel is very accessible to and from the bus station and the Paris Metro. It is a likeable hotel

The surrounding.

The staff are friendly.

okay

There was ants in our bathroom, and a unpleasant smell , the rooms were extremely small

Staff were very friendly and close to metro station

location is very convenient, metro station just in front of...

location is very convenient, metro station just in front of hotel

• Superior Twin Room

The rest of the staff were rude and my room had infestation of ants

Weekday receptionist was friendly and the bed was comfortable

Browse Hotel Claret traveller photo gallery