Reviews of Hôtel de Cabourg 2 stars

5, rue du Mont-Dore, 17th arr., 75017 Paris, France

#1472 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

5.9

The rooms are very small, no space to put your luggage, no closet. Luckily the lady was so kind to give me a second room, somehow bigger. You always have to climb stairs, fortunately the hotel personal brought my luggage up and down, what made things easier. Anyway, not very comfortable.

The location is good, bus and metro nearby.

• Double or Twin Room

The lift was out of service for the 2 days of our stay we had to climb 4 flights of narrow stairs. The hallway carpets were stained and threadbare.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean with a nice balcony.

• Quadruple Room

great location, good breakfast and very helpful and friendly staff. Quiet, clean and comfortable. Only downside being our family room was smaller than expected.

• Quadruple Room

The room extremelly simple and very small to accommodate 4 adults. Its just only to sleep. Not accessible by elevator, need to climb by the stairs with all the luggage. No minibar in the room, lack of possibility to charge phones, notebook (only 2 in the room), no wardrobes to store clothes, weak signal of wifi in the room (had to connect my laptop to work at the reception). No hot water in the room 101, in room 201 everything ok. Only half of lights working in both rooms. When leaving hotel, HAVE TO leave the room key at the reception (upon the arrival at night, noone checks your identity, you just say room number and get your key even though the person working at the reception doesnt know you. Parking by the hotel absolutelly impossible but safe parking lot is nearby (400 meters). We had to change the room because the first night we had mouse in our room. Was impossible to change the room immediately, had to sleep with the mouse and change the room next day. There are holes in the floor in the bathrooms and thats most probably the way how they get there. I understand perfectly that hotel has 2* and as a travel agent understand what that means but still, the conditions dont correspond with the price, neither with asociated stars. I would not recomend accomodation in this hotel for purposes of longer stay, neither for more than 2 people and absolutely not for travellers with children.

Location pretty good, very nearby Moulin Rouge and Sacre C. Situated 300 meters from metro station. Kind stuff working in the hotel. Upon request the reception delivered missing towels, caring about problem with hot water. When reported problem with the mouse in the room, change of room had been arranged (the next day) and offered breakfast free (since the mouse has eaten ours). Even though Im pretty negative in my overall evaluation, I respect good work of daily cleaning of the rooms (house keeping).

• Quadruple Room

The fact that the courtyard where everyone goes to smoke is just below our window. This was the only complaint we have.

It’s easy to get to. Very near all affordable restaurants. The staffs are very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

After leaving the hotel at 5.00 am suddenly we noticed the guy running after us saying that we owe the hotel to pay for two breakfasts. This was first time in my life to have such experience.

• Double or Twin Room

After initial confusion about whether I booked twin beds or a double (make sure that you check the box in the "send a message" section of the Booking.com site), the hotel were very quick to sort out the situation. Very friendly staff. We were very happy to have a small balcony.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel charged on my credit card for Euro 50 while during the booking it had stated no prepayment should be given.at the same time,I overlooked it and paid Euro 112 (full payment) in cash during my arrival. Beds are not comfy and it is too cold at night . Blanket is not thick enough.hotel room door was stuck and I couldn’t open it.thann god the staff is helpful as they will help me to push it open upon request .

Very near to the metro station

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. Great location - very close to metro and as a solo female traveller I felt very safe.

• Double or Twin Room

The stairs weren’t safe. No tea or coffee.

The staff were helpful to a point. they said they would get some info for more me and said they would ring me, I waited for hours they forgot. It was cheap so you get what you pay for.

• Double or Twin Room

As above, a little on the small side. Nothing else.

Very good location for exploring Paris. Around the corner from Rome metro station. Room was small but clean.

• Double or Twin Room

The room need to be refreshed to be welcoming!

The hostess was very tactful in tackling a major neighborhood problem in the middle of the night that has been very unpleasant. (discretion and professionalism toward customers)

• Double or Twin Room

Very clean rooms, very clean bathroom. Conveniently located near Place de Clichy. We visited Paris in January, so the price was excellent value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was extremely small, not even a space to put out luggage, no space to put our clothes at all, extremely small bathroom, with a shower so narrow that it was almost not possible to use it properly, 0% soundproof walls, so all night we had to tolerate the activities of neighbors...

Just 2 minutes from Roma metro station

• Double or Twin Room

The walls between the walls are very thin, hope you don't have noisy neighbours

Room was spotless, small but the perfect place to rest after a long day sightseeing. Reception staff were all more than helpful with regards to any information required or assistance needed.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed cover wasn’t very clean, the bathroom sink got flooded after a cleaner came in and left it like that. The shower was broken.

A few of the staff were very lovely

• Quadruple Room

The staff took our keys for some reason every time we went out. The breakfast has nothing special in it . Just items bought from a supermarket kept as breakfast.

The staff seem ok. The place is not so great but you can stay as it is clean enough. The place also is nearby to a metro and some good places.

• Double or Twin Room

The beds in the hotel REALLY need to be replaced! The mattress on our bed was concave and you could feel the springs poke through the top of the mattress when lying down. The hotel room was incredibly small and has no personality. In a nutshell the room is nothing like the photos on booking.com.

The staff were friendly, the room was clean, and the location was convenient.

• Double or Twin Room

If you get a room in the older part of the hotel, you might not be so happy with the old tiles in the shower and the sound insulation of the rooms. The elevator is not stopping on every level, so if you have a lot of heavy luggage it is not very practical. However you can always ask for help.

The staff is very kind and helpful and it is the same staff since many years. For my needs I can not find a better location, nor a better connection to bus and Metro stations that are all around the hotel in shortest walking distance. Most of my favorite places in Paris are in walking distance from here too. The price is difficult to beat for what is offered. The mattress and cushions are very confortable.

• Double or Twin Room

At the night i killed 5 big bugs, they come out of the wall, cleaning personel come inside my room without cnock twice,there was no quilt only blanket and smel like somebody sleep there befor probably they didnt wash it, recept without name and im not soure did they gave back my money couse they said i need to pay 104€ iven if i pay befor for booking come and they take taxes iven on weeb side was "tax free"

• Double or Twin Room

Wonderful simply place where stay if you need just break up for a long day walking or parties. Best staff i ever met. Silent and nice place to stay near the Mulen Rouge.

• Double or Twin Room

No remote control for tv and not enough hanging space and bed was not very comfortable

Staff very friendly and helpful. Lots of restaurants to choose from nearby and close to nice coffee/bakery place. Walking distance to huge shopping mall...galleries la fayette(recommended) and if you have your walking shoes on its not that far from le Louvre

• Double or Twin Room

Paint coming of the walls slightly.

Location is brilliant, great value for money within walking distance to main attractions, staff were very helpful and room was very cosy.

• Double or Twin Room

old fashiond, really small room, unconfortable, and the biggest problem is that you can hear everything what happen next room. Until we stay there, the next room was a bitch place or something like that, while all the day during 14 o'clock till morning 8 oclock you can hear door shooting every hours at night as well and loud groaning from next door. when we knocked to asked not to loud, it continuous. terrible. our staying was really unconfortable because of that. Don't offer this place for nobody.

clean

• Double or Twin Room

Had an awful snorer in the room next door and when we asked reception if they were staying the next night and whether we could change rooms they did so happily. Was nice to have no questions asked and be moved. They must have it a lot as the walls are very thin.

Rooms are not visually appealing. Photos are not accurate.

The staff was super friendly, I fellt very welcome. The room was ok, nothing fancy, not to bad. You get what you pay for. ;)

• Double or Twin Room

Room and Bathrooms are too small. especially bathrooms too small, not comfortable. Stairs are too compact,we were located on 4th floor, climbing stairs after 6 was scary as lights on most of the floors were not working.

Location is perfect, if u want to checkout all main attractions in Paris. All within 5 km range. I was with my wife so Hotel surrounding was my prime concern being new place.It was totally safe not an issue whatsoever as it's in the heart of city. Rome metro station is like 100 mts from hotel which is very convenient,also place de clichy metro is 6 min walking distance. Free Wifi is 10/10! Not a single issue with connectivity in 5 days. Staff very polite and very helpful. All can speak English that makes very convenient for someone who don't know French. Budget hotel,if you are ok with minimal facilities in room then i recommend it.

Hotel looks a bit dated...but that is why the price is good :)

Friendly staf, big clean rooms...and always punctual with all the needed towels... The hotel is situated near a lot of nice restaurants and fairly quit.

• Double or Twin Room

Operational conditions of light switches.

Hotel is comfortable for his level, great location (close to two metro stations, as well). Staff generally is ready to help.

• Double or Twin Room

The guy who is working at night shifts in the Réception was so rude, when I came night knocked the door, he let me on door almost 7 min or 10 minutes, without opening, even though he saw me, as the door is made of glass When I asked him night to open the heater, he refused, even though it's one of the hotel services, I paid for. When I asked him to print my airplane ticket he refused, and said come tomorrow morning for my college to do it for you, and I lost too long time to print my ticket, and I reached the airport late.

Actually nothing

Walls were paper thin, I could hear everything in the next room and the hall, mornings were noisy. Bathroom was clean but very small. Had to drag my heavy bag up some stairs as the elevator doesn't go all the way up to the 5th floor.

bed was great, wonderful sleep. Staff were super! Very close to Rome metro station, which is great.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was wonderful and friendly, even offering to bail me out and mail my postcards since I had forgotten until the PO was closed. The rooms are small (like everywhere in Paris) great value for the money and they refresh your room everyday. Towels etc. There isn't a full length goth mirror and only one outlet under a table. For the money it's awesome though! Only a few steps from several a great restaurants and cafes. The Place de Clichy Metro is also just down the street.

• Double or Twin Room

My room looked nothing like the photos so they could do with updating. There was no kettle in the room or tea/coffee etc. My room was above the entrance so was noisey as local buses stopped in the street.

The hotel is located in a central location, easy to visit Arc de Triomphe via bus no 30 (if you turn left as you come out of the hotel) & close to a metro station called Rome that takes you to another metro 'Charles de Gaulle' from there you can take metro to Eiffel tower. My room was above the entrance hence very noisey as close to the main road. Very friendly staff, helped us a lot. Bus stops are located on main road and lots of restaurants on that road. Local super markets all within under 10 mins walk. The hotel rooms were cleaned daily, which is nice but the room is outdated. Very friendly guys at the reception & spoke english as well as French. Safe neighbourhood too ideal for individuals and families. Though no kettle, tea/coffee or milk provided the guys gave us hot water daily to make tea.

• Double or Twin Room

bathroom that leaks so unable to use, elevator breaking down while inside, getting the 2 single bed room we booked would have been better instead of a double bed for me and my friend, staff not helpful at all and refused to give a refund for a horrible stay. Oh and the vending machine worked 1 in 3 times

• Double or Twin Room

there was almost nothing in the room (two separated beds instead one big, only one bedside table, tiny table and a chair), uncomfortable bed- every morning I woke up to back pain, bathroom was extra mini with no ventilation, so everything was wet and we got only one shower gel in little bag for each person in spite of we spent 4 nights in hotel :( very bad experience were thin walls so we heard our neighbours loud quite often :(

the staff was friendly, good daily room service... the location of the hotel is really good (a few metro stations nearby)

• Quadruple Room

About the property, it is just OK. Nothing exciting. The only thing that got us is that our room did not have air-conditioning (they provided a fan right away when we asked). The property looks tired. Needs some rejuvenation. Once renovated, this can be an awesome property.

The location (Les Batignolles, 17th Arr) is just excellent. Nice cafes (Terasse 7, Agustin, L'atelier Des Pans) and restaurants (local attractions like Sacre Coeur, Place De Clichy, Moulin Rouge, Mont Martre all within walking distance), grocery store (Carrefour Express) , two metro stations (Rome is within a block or so, Place De Clichy 2 blocks away). Every day we picked a cafe nearby and tried their Petit Dejeuner (breakfast) deal of Croissant/Pastry, Cafe-Au Lait, and Fresh pressed juice. The staff (Mourad and others) are extremely friendly and will work to help you with your needs. There's always someone at the front desk and doors are locked at night. The wifi is super fast.

• Quadruple Room

You don't have to go to a night club, there is enough music playing in the hotel. The amount of money you have to pay for the late check out changes like the Dutch weather. The doors are so massive that you can't even close them.

Location of the hotel and a nearby garage for parking.

• Double or Twin Room

There is no security at all after they have do their cleaning thy don't lock the door. cleaning person come to the room without informing us. Even the management person came once without knocking the door. No privacy at all. There was no internet at all they were lying all the time there is a problem in the provider and they don't know when that will be fix. we stayed for 7 nights without internet. In here they charge anything you buy even a tea or coffee. They said they will provide us a locker and a fan which they never gave us. They have charge us two extra nights also which we never realise. When you book through internet they charge you the first night anyway. they charge me extra Euro 96 which they should refund me. i am on process to refund that.

Nothing as such.

It was a pleasurable stay. Location is good. Very easy to find. Very nice eating places around. Although there is construction going in front of the hotel. Staff is friendly. Overall nice. Very near to metro. Place de chichy and Rome both are 5 min walk. Very safe. We were out till 1am and could walk back from metro to the hotel very easily. Beware of pick pockets.

• Double or Twin Room

Bed wasn't so comfortable there were a hole in the middle. Walls are really thin, you can hear your neighbours. There is no fridge in the room.

Perfect location. Rome M station is really close. All of the recepcionists are very kind and helpful. Rooms are tidy.

• Double or Twin Room

Not happy with the facility's.Dont have safety box,room telephone not working & also not happy with room space.

Easy to go for all tourist attraction places & also public transport also walking distance.Most restaurants also nearby.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Mattress not comfortable. Walls paper thin, heard neighbors in next room. Assorted lights not working in room. Homeless people sleeping on street everyday. Toilet seat damaged.

Breakfast Fresh towels everyday Tiny elevator Front desk and dining room staff friendly

I booked a room with a balcony... My room had no balcony. When I brought this to attention of the front desk attendant, I was told that I had to call in advance for a room with a balcony. I advised that this was my first trip to the hotel, and did not know that. Especially, since I paid/booked a room with a balcony. His response was they always say the rooms have balconies online... Quite deceiving... My room was at the top of the 5th floor and was shaped like a trapezoid.. The ceiling was slanted.. My shower head was wrapped around the faucet with no place to formally hang it to bathe properly.

Bed was comfortable, and close to the metro.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

There were no proper elevator and the sounds from other people of other floor could easily be heard especially when they were walking down or going upstairs.

The property was nice and comfortable. It is located near almost every attractions within Paris and only a few minutes walk to Place de Clichy where you can find most restaurants and common food (e.g KFC, Mcdonalds) even supermarket. The hotel located near Rome metro line where you can depart to almost every attractions within zone 1-3 in Paris. We stayed for 3 nights and got the spacious room on the first floor. We took the stairs since it was only on the first floor, but I didnt think there were an elevator (?) which could be used properly. All in all, we enjoyed our stay there and satisfied with the facilitations given. The staffs were nice and helpful :)

heater in room was not working, small portable heater provided which was fine but meant that I couldn't leave it on to keep the room warm while I was out.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was too expensive. Can find better and cheaper breakfast in the bakeries and pastrie shops nearby. When they went to the room to make the bed they'd leave the window open until we came back, which was at 11 pm, and the room was freezing.

Next to a metro station.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

I found a small bug in my bed (alive) very similar to a bed bug but luckily only one and no bite.

Practical location for an appointment very early the next day

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Mold, mold everywhere in the bathrooms! We changed rooms and guess what, in the new room even more mold! The first room we got was room 21, lots of mold there even on the hair dryer. Room 31: more mold, but at least not on the hair dryer. The shower curtains were especially gross! The bathrooms in both rooms smelled bad and whenever you showered there was always a lot of water on the floor (even if you just showered for 5 minutes). Barely able to move in the bathroom of room 31, my hip was touching the wall whenever I had to use the toilet (and I'm just 60 kg! So I'm not even remotely chubby). The bed was plain awful, springs pushing in your back all night. After my stay at this hotel my back, hips and neck hurt because of the discomfort in this hotel. The tab of the sink in room 31 was leaking, looked disgusting. Rude staff, they barely know any English at all and when you ask them something in French (I needed a friend to help me out with this, because I don't speak French, so I just showed him a polite message about the mold and the fact we wanted to change rooms) the guy reacted so rude! He told us 'you should've told us sooner' .. we just noticed the mold at 2 am because we weren't at the hotel because of an event we attended.

The wifi was better than at home and the location was good, metro station nearby (this does not weigh up to all the bad points, overall it's a terrible hotel which isn't worth your money).

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms were very very small for two persons with two hold luggage , shower hand was broke , had very narrow stairs so we hardly managedto get our baggage up the stairs . Plus a paid Wifi!!!

Location was the only good for this place .. steps away from Rome station which is 4 stops from Charles de Gäule main Paris station (champelysees)

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Of course it's cheap, but don't pretend that you are a 5* hotel. Looks like whorehouse for spending time with girls from Monmartre. Even the room was cleaned every day, it is very poor and dirty. Shower has a black mildew everywhere, and walls are made from paper probably - you can hear what your neighbors are doing every night. Staff at reception was terrible - you are not welcomed to leave and come back whenever you want for money you paid - it's like a curfew. Never book this terrible place! Better pay a little bit more and stay somewhere else.

The only bonus is location. But that's it.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

- dirty everywhere - small rooms, 11 sqm - bad isolation - do not take breakfasts, for 7 Euros you will find much better places! - old furniture, destroyed wallpaper----this hotel needs renovation ASAP :-) - do not leave your things at the room, it might be stolen

- Good location - take it only for 1 max 2 nights - warm at winter but not in ground or first floor --- take higher floors!

• Double or Twin Room

The beds were uncomfortable and the walls of the room are so thin that we can hear the next room talking.

The location is super. The rooms are cleaned everyday the staff were friendly and the metro station is a very short walking distance from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

You need to pay EUR 2 to get WiFi password

The location is great, 2-3 minutes from the metro station. There are plenty of stores and cafes/restaurants in the area

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

What we don't like is that the wifi is not available for free, but it seems OK, not expensive, just 1 Euro per day per room. It will be better if there is a kettle provided.

The location is very near to the famous attractions Moulin Rouge and not very far from the Basilique du Sacre-Caur.. The hotel is just 2 or 3 minutes walk from the metro station nearby.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Quadruple Room

The receptionist was very helpful with the information of the location of the Paris City, especially me my family being in the city for the first time.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

One one small light bulb in the room - inefficient Old furniture, quite uncomfortable. Could be cleaned better.

Great location, easy to get to most attractions. Cheap and quite fast Wi-Fi. Quite cheap for being within walking distance of the centre.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Reception area could've looked a bit more nicely and the room was a bit cold

Cleaning service and fresh towels every day, good location, nice staff

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I didn't like breakfast for the money we paid I was expecting more choice of food. Each person got coffee , croissant, piece of baguette and jam and Nutella every day the same. Also in the bathroom shower holder was broken and was very complicated to shower with that. Bathroom was so little as well.

Hotel was great value for money and location was great.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

the clerk at the reception made me pay EUR 2,5 for the café and later I learnt : CAFÉ IS FREE FOR GUESTS !!!!! I really got pissed off

The bed is very " noisy", walls are quite thin, I heard everything from the next door room. IRRITATING !!!!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was poor(coffee, orange juice and croissant), room very small and did not look like in the pictures. The wallpaper was coming off the walls.

staff very friendly, location near Moulin Rouge

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Everything was as expected.

The location is very convenient to Metro, restaurants, patisseries, etc. Staff very helpful. They let me use their kitchen. It's small but it IS Paris & most things are small. Not the Ritz but very adequate for us.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

My handbag was stolen in the hotel room while we were exploring Paris. There was nothing valuable in it yet it was still stolen. The hotel room we got looked nothing like the pictures that are on the website. It was false advertising.If I had known that the rooms were going to look nothing like that I would never have booked the hotel.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Unfriendly staff, poor mantainence of the hotel. Very shabby, poor cleanliness, no facilities whatsoever. Not comfortable at all. Over priced for poor quality.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel in general needs maintenance: So the door lock didn't work properly, and some drawers were broken, but still these things didn't spoil our impression of wonderful Paris!!!

I think this hotel is one of the best variants for it's price. Very good location (less then 5 minutes to the metro station "Rome"), room small but clean, personal very pleasant and helpful, speak English.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Not clean, not convenient, poor staff, very depressing and above all very expensive. I won't ever stay in this dull place again!

I didn't like anything at all except that it was close to different Metro stations.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Usually, I'm not bothered by basic facilities. But both rooms the shower did not have a shower rail. So, I had to take a shower with the shower head in my hand.

Close to metro and all major attractions. We reserved one room for 3 persons. instead, we got 2 separate rooms for the same rate, wich was very nice. Room was very quiet and beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Wifi was 2E per day (not a huge problem though since most cafes also had Wifi) Drunk neighboor making a lot of noise on the street (only happened one night but it was hot so we would have liked to leave the window open)

Exceeded expectations, really good conditions for a 2 star hotel! Own shower and toilet, big towels included and washed every day. Even a TV in the room! Against our expectations, the location of the hotel is still within walking distance of all touristic locations! Absolutely the most economic option! Though I should clarify that we were only looking for a place to sleep, we wanted to spend as much time as possible outside.

Good and friendly staff

The staff were very accommodating and helpful! Room is always being cleaned! Very good location - near bakeries, groceries, metro stations!

Price a bit too high.

Personal, und alles

• Double or Twin Room

room key should be kept by us

poor wifi connection

good location with access to the metro station and supermarkets

Room are very small

Cleaning

I was very basic hotel needs a little bit updated

It was ok not the most attractive place to stay but not too bad staff were very friendly.

Browse Hôtel de Cabourg traveller photo gallery