Reviews of Best Western Hotel de France by Happyculture 4 stars

20, Rue du Jeu des Enfants, 67000 Strasbourg, France

#75 of 83 hotels in Strasbourg

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

We got there, despite the demonstration and massive...

Hotel was not reported as being under construction. Dust covered our hotel room, no phone in room, TV channel went out, and room leaked water during the night, because it was raining outside.

We got there, despite the demonstration and massive construction on hotel. Hotel is close to old town and within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Hotel is under construction (sept 18), massive refurbishment ongoing - should not be open for guests

We had to walk right around the block to find this hotel. Had passed it without realising that is was hotel. Reception is in a side room off the street, plastic sheeting everywhere. Celling panelling falling down in corridor. First room we had was terrible, floor filthy (baby crawling around got filthy). Second room we got was a newly refurbished room was great - but there was no heating - with 3 small children this is not good enough

Staff were very helpful and friendly - they put up with a lot

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

NEVER AGAIN - WORST 4 STAR HOTEL EVER

The hotel was in extremely bad condition...it is under construction right now...and I do not know how a hotel, being so much closed down, even still can be opened !!!! First of all we had to really search for the reception when we got there. It took us (and another couple arriving at the same time) a good 10 minutes to find the reception...which is located in a small room behind a real cheap thin and small wooden door which has a small sign saying "reception". There is no real entrance to this hotel right now....the whole street side is covered with a white sheet of paper and you cannot see into it at all. After we finally found the reception and checked in, we got our room key and a key code to enter the hotel behind a small back door typing in the key code. Then we went up to the 5th floor to our room with a very tiny elevator which is normally only used by the staff like a sign on it says. Entering the 5th floor we saw wood panels hanging off of the ceiling of the corridor. Entering our room then a Junior Suite, room number 507, we couldn't believe how dirty and full of stains the all over carpet in the room was !!! The walls had a bunch of bangings and parts of the wallpaper was loose. This is definitely the worst hotel I've ever booked under the category 4 star hotel. At the check out, the lady at the reception couldn't find the payment that I already made, right when I booked the room 2 weeks ago and charged the cost for the room from my credit card again !!! Worst experience with a hotel EVER !!!

I'm sorry to say it, but I didn't really like anything too much...the only okay thing was the bathroom of our Junior Suite...it was tall, enough room to move around

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Dont go there before they finalize reconstruction.

the hotel looks its under reconstruction, dirt is everywhere , we had two rooms both were smelly (one after parfume of probably local hooker, second was with new furniture and the glue was so smelly that we had to have opened windows all night long), the parking was soo difficult to park and it looked it would collapse every minute.

as it was horrible, the beds were overall ok and comfortable and the rooms were clean

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Dissapointed and feeling like a fool for alowing them to charge me so much for so little.
    • Family Room

Very dated! Needs renovation. Most of the photos in booking listing are professionally made to be very deceptive. The place is much smaller, darker, dirtier and uncomfortable than it looks in photos. The breakfast of substandard quality and variety was served in about 30 m2 room with about 20 people plus serving staff cramped into it. This stay has ruined Best Western brand for me.

Balcony with a view and location was nice. Family rooms could be a good choice for a family with many children because of a funky children bed complex capable of sleeping many children.

Good location.

Hotel is a building site in middle of renovation. Room was nice and in good condition but rest of hotel is poor. Breakfast facilities also very poor

Good location. Good parking

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

totally different with picture

Accually the room is too small, just one bed that's all, just about 9m^2,without light, just three poor small table lamps, so the window curtain must be opened. The picture shows that the room is bright, big and beautiful,please DO NOT BELIEVE THAT PICTURES! Regarding the employee, in the beginning I thought this was only one point that I can't find some negative words to this hotel, BUT when I check out my room, it was a lady who service us, I told her please check out and look after our bagages, she said ok and gave me invoice, and then, she just run away without any explanation, I'm waiting there more than 10 mins looks like a foolish.(all discussion with employee was in french so don't exeist any misunderstood) That is the first time I recorded all my experiences in booking cause it was really the most horrible experience in my hotel live. Not just because the room was too small and environment was too bad, but I choice Best Werstern, with 4 stars! I just can not believe the room I got belongs to a hotel 4 stars and I don't believe Best Werstern in Alsace and don’t worth the price at all.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Not a good experience, will never book at Best Western again.

The hotel is a complete disaster at the moment. They should have warned us that half of the hotel was not operational. Two of the floors were closed, the elevator at the front did not work, the breakfast room had been relocated to a hotel room, dust everywhere, electric outlets that did not work. It was a joke. They should have cancelled all of the reservations for 2 months and worked through their renovations instead of half assing a hotel while doing construction.

That they gave me my money back

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

great location but too many issues with accomodations
    • Double or Twin Room

There was major renovation occurring, both elevators and the air conditioning was broken. The wifi did not work anywhere but the lobby despite guarantees. the breakfast that was available for purchase was possibly the poorest offering in all of my travels.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

avoid this place with no air-conditioning during renovations

No air-conditioning despite my filtering the search on booking.com for air-conditioned properties during heat wave - they said 'we turned it off months ago for renovations' - and I guess won't turn it on again for months (dust in the ventilation) luckily we were able to tolerate the temperature with a fan at an open window and cool nights - despite heavy noise of jackmanners in the street below our fourth floor window - lucky for the hotel - otherwise I would have more than demanded the discount they offered.

Strasbourg is a beautiful place full of interesting old buildings - 'the eye is never bored' - we enjoyed the batorama (choose the open boat for photos but dress to avoid sunburn or rain) and the cathedral climb 330 steps to the top - wonderful views after the near-heart attack.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

I reserved a parking space but by the time I arrived it was occupied and the staff told me she can do nothing about it and tell to try tomorrow. The hotel air conditioning was out of service and it provides free breakfast as compensation. I would prefer an early notification so that I can choose another. Is this honest?

Location is the only good aspect of this hotel.

The hotel was dirty. Some of the floors are being renovated and the rest of the hotel is a total mess with dust and dirt everywhere. The lift had tape over the numbers for the floors that were not to be visited, but we accidentally stopped at one on the way out; I am glad that I had not seen it earlier, as it was in total disarray. The hotel falsely advertises parking - despite reserving this in advance, we were put in a public parking garage 10 minutes away from the hotel. Upon arrival, the receptionist jokingly listed off the things he thought we would be deluded by, e.g., the reception a total mess with dirt on the floor, the lack of a proper dining area, the lack of air conditioning due to the renovation work, etc., etc. If we had not already prepaid in full for our one night stay, we would have definitely turned around and walked away immediately. Best avoided!

Location near to the centre.

Cheap, central location

Building work in process, dirty, untidy, air conditioning not working due to the renovation works, bags of rubbish in the car park, doesn’t resemble the pictures online, doesn’t justify its 4 star rating

Cheap, central location

Booking.com info not accurate!
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel is in renovation therefore no air-condition. This is not shown on Booking.com. WiFi didn't work. Disappointing that Booking.com is not accurate in the lattest information; the renovation and therefore lack of air-condition was not shown when booking. Although the staff assured us that this was shown on the internet. Checked it the day after and still no mentioning of this on Booking.com.

Hospitality of the staff. The location and parking facilities.

Dies not live up to 4 stars

A 4 star hotel should not have hair in the bathroom and enough towles for 2 ppl without asking. The bath is built in a strange fashion which makes you wonder if it is properly cleaned every day... the rugs were old and the AC didn't work... The staff greated you nicely but why do they dump the used coffe grains onto the flowerpots instead of a bin? We have been in other Best Western Hotels - but this one does not live up to the standart at the moment. I hope after the renovations it will be better.

It is very central

A nightmare. So disappointing

A NIGHTMARE! Air conditioning was not working. Receptionist did not answer my calls from the room, actually they hanged it up. Light was not there in front of the bathroom mirror, nor on the ceiling above the room. Electricity plugs were not working properly.

The location is the only upside: very convenient, close both to the city centre and the train station

Hotel should sell their rooms in conformity with their actual description and facilities.

We(parents and child) were staying for 1 night on 6/07/2018. When we arrived in late evening we found out that aircondition system doesnt work for quite some time because of permanent refurbishment of hotel on floors 2,3,4. This is in spite of fact that room was described on Booking.com with as airconditioned. We advised reception of that. but they refused to assist with other suitable hotel. I mean disfunctional aircondition was not an accident, hotel just cheating on their guests with that. We must also say, that we were polite with reception's people all the way and they were polite with us, although we had a hot sleepless night.

The location is great.

The air conditioning was not working when we stayed at the property (in July with 30°+ outside). It resulted in a very hot room where it was difficult to sleep due to the heat and despite the ventilator that was in the room.

The location is great.

Good location, friendly staff, but hotel needs defenately an update

Aircondition was new but due to renovation in the hotel, it was not working (although it was 28 degrees). At least we got a fan, but still it was very hot. They at least could have informed about this. The room is very old and the cleanliness is not satisfying. The room was ok, but there was rubbish on the balcony (cup of coffee, plastic bottle...) when we arrived on Friday and it was still there on Sunday. I wrote a message to the hotel three days before arrival to confirm a parking space. I didn`t get an answer, so I wrote two more times! I got the answer Sunday after check-out - which honestly doesn`t make any sense... Check out was a bit annoying, the agent wanted to charge the room although I paid already on the internet. I had troubles to show him the confirmation, because the wifi didn`t work.

The room was spacious, but needs defenately an update. The bed was very comfortable. The staff at check-in was very friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel was very good, everything is in walking distance. Restaurants and bars are just around the corner.

The location was great.
    • Double or Twin Room

Dirty and very old interior. Dirty balcony. Hopefully this will change soon as they are currently renovating and therefore have the breakfast area temporarily in an old double bedroom.

The location was great.

Actually I have no satisfication of this hotel, terrible...

Actually I have no satisfication of this hotel, terrible service.... 1, I arrive at 13:45, wait until 15:00 to check in 2, Hotel under remondeling, meaning, terrible noissy....no elevator.... enough dust.....room card doest not work... Everything which will disappoint you will appear here. 3, WIFI of this hotel does not work. 4, Room is terrible dirty. I recommande you to leave this hotel far away if you want to survive...

AWFUL
    • Double or Twin Room

Dirty, the room we booked was so dirty, it had a splash stain on the wall. The fourniture was crooked, stains on the curtains and on the floor. The floor .... was so dirty there were cut nails lying around. The shower was had a plastic garden chair in it. We asked to change rooms... the second room was clean but not worth the money. The breakfast was in a small room the removed the bed and added tables... this was the breakfast room. 32°C outside and the air conditioning did not work... they had put a fan in each room but broken... The parking... was awful! Very small. difficult to manoever inside. The parking spaces were so small ... everything was in ruins. 16€ Per night... not worth it !!

One night stay in the wonderful city of Strasbourg.

More care needed in room maintenance. Section of curtain had come adrift from rail. Desk / drinks facility table had broken leg. Bathroom shelf not fixed securely which meant that anything placed on it rolled into wash basin. Carpet grubby. Member of staff gave us a card for fee reduction in a 24/7 car-park. Machine did not accept the card and so higher parking fee paid than had been expected.

Convenient location for walking around city. Parking available though we didn't use it. Room had balcony which looked across the roof tops towards cathedral.

I was a lousy hotel and a lousy stay

nothing, the breakfast was under rated all was under the rating

THE TRUTH IS i DID NOT LIKE THIS HOTEL, IT SHOULD BE A FOUR STAR HOTEL (THAT WHY I SELECTED THIS HOTEL) AND PART OF BEST WESTERN HOTELS. THE TRUTH IS THAT THE HOTEL DOES NOT DESERVE TWO STARS and should not be part of best Western chain. We got an old room without WI-FI without air condition AND WITH HOLES IN THE BED SHEET and without a mini bar. The staff was kind enough to replace the room the second day but the remained the same except for the mini bar was working, we get a stand alone wi fi without charger (it had to be charged every day) . To sum up it was a lousy hotel a the payment did not justify the stay.

The hotel Air conditioning was not working.

The hotel Air conditioning was not working. Had they told us about this at check in we most certainly would not have stayed. The heat in the room was unbearable. They provided fans but to be honest I did not feel comfortable leaving this on all night as it’s a fire risk! The staff were not very helpful and slightly rude. Will not be visiting again

Basic

Difficult to navigate to by car. Under renovation - no notice of this until arrival. No air conditioning. Broken windows do unable to open.

Not a lot.

It was unacceptable

The hotel was under construction, it must be referred in bookin.com. Besides it was very dirty .it had not lobby and the rastaurant for breakfast was a bedroom!

Location and staff

Not Clean Old and tired looking Breakfast in an old bedroom How did it get 4 star only worth 2 Would not return Very disappointed Changed room 3 times

Location and staff

Please don’t stay here. Breakfast in room 104(basically a guest room) for starters!

Walls, sheets, carpet dirty. Refrigerator was not cleaned out from last guest. Chose not to eat breakfast because it’s in a guest room on 1st floor. Got stuck in room 103 surrounded by housekeeping laundry, housekeeping service and breakfast in the room next door 104. All but one gentleman from the hotel was actually kind and very friendly. None of the female staffers were very friendly. All other just whisper something as you come in and out of hotel all while still looking at the computer. I’m a Diamond Rewards member and received no welcome gift or additional points. No recognition or thanking me for being loyal to BW was even mentioned. I was given a discount card for the garage which did not work so I had to pay the full price. Says the room had Air Conditioning but it did not. Had the thermostat and controls but no air ever came out. Serious maintenance needs to be done on this property. Beds were uncomfortable curtains falling off the track. Your best bet is to honestly stay at another hotel. As we walked around the Ibis chain had very nice hotels which are still in city center. It was cheap but not even worth it. Don’t get me wrong the location was great, but I will not be staying here again when I return to strassbourgh. Trust me on this one!

Location was great! Parked our car on a Friday evening in the garage and didn’t see it again until Sunday of morning.

Good location.

Bid disappointment. Reality nowhere near pictures displayed on booking.com. Building old and shabby, room too small, bathroom nit cleaned properly. For a one-night stay possibly bearable, although a hostel would’ve been better!! At departure exit out of hotel garage blocked by a parked car which delayed departure. Hotel staff ignorant and not helpful at all. Instead, staff from another hotel next door came to help and assist with phone calls to police etc. Definitely not going back!

Good location. Easy to get to and very central.

Overpriced for a quite "tired looking" hotel

The room and hotel in general seemed pretty old and could do with a good face lift. There was some serious building work going on in the road in front of my room which started at about 7 am. I would have thought that these rooms would not have been used while this work was ongoing or we would have been advised about it at least.

There was not so much.

Would go again to Strasbourg and stay at this hotel.
    • Family Room

The breakfast was good, but the coffee machine broke on the second day (but a replacement was found very quickly - thankfully!!!) Car park under the hotel was full, but they gave us a reduced price ticket for another car park only 5 mins walk away.

The family room was really large and beds were comfortable and there was lots of room for all 4 of us. Very central location and not too noisy at night.

Excellent location, helpfull staff at the reception, basic but clean, with a problem - WiFi
    • Double or Twin Room

Internet is THE problem - the regular one is so week . The good news is that, per request, you can get at the reception the additional devise that will keep good wifi. There are small things that matters - I stayed 3 nights and asked them to fix the light ( change the bulb) in the bathroom, it was necessary, but it wasn't done. It looks that they have a quite number of staff at the reception ( who are just wonderful) but not a good team for maintenance. However it is a good value for money .

Location is excellent either you are in Strasbourg for business or pleasure. The room was specious as well as the bathroom. It is clean place. the interior is just basic, fine, but with the potential for much better, more personalized environment. The biggest value is very kind staff at the reception.

Good located hotel with some deficiencies which should be corrected

Internet (one of the poorest). Your hotel claims to save the environment. Nevertheless you change the towels every day regardless where we put them.

Breakfast, personnel, location

Acceptable stay for a quick visit.
    • Family Room

Hotel needs a thorough cleaning and the parking was confusing. There was a lot of street noise.

The family room was large and the bathroom was updated. The hotel is a short walk from all the sites.

Our room had a beautiful view looking over the Main Street.

Wifi didn't work.

Our room had a beautiful view looking over the Main Street. Our room also had bunk beds for the kids! Our rooms were updated and clean. Great location easy to walk to the center. Great bars right across the street!

Very nice location and.

We came with my wife and requested one big bed - during arrival there were 2 single beds. Store stuff helped and found new room for us. BUT this room was dirty and there were hairs in the bed! We asked to change the room again... and again dirty with hairs... So reception guys were very helpful that night and only third room was clean. Thanks to hotel stuff, but in general... I would never stay in this hotel again

Very nice location and... that’s all

The hotel with a perfect location

When we were booking the room (a month and a week prior to arrival) we have sent the request for parking place but the hotel did not respond neither y/n until we came (then the hotel garage was full). For a customer it is important also to call the hotel in order to get (no)confirmation for a parking place. We were on 5th floor with a small balcony which was not cleaned out from many "maggots", what is quite unusual for a 4-star hotel. Maybe rooms could be a little bit refreshed by some lively colour(s) or with a very simple changes in interior design.

Extremely friendly and outstanding hotel staff!!! This definitively adds one "star" to the total of a four star hotel! Breakfast was great; excellent coffee, croissants and other usual food. There is plenty of chocolates and free coffee as well. Clean room. The shower was excellent, warm water is easily regulated while the wifi worked well. The hotel location is more then perfect: it takes about 15 minutes to walk to la Petite France as well as to the Cathedral (10-15 minutes), which is very convenient if you want to get rest from sightseeing or in case of a heavy rain. We also got a discount card for a parking ticket in public garage nearby (5 minutes).

Avoid if travelling for work!

The room was in need of an update and was small and dark. I was travelling for work and there was no room for a chair at the desk in my room.

The staff were pleasant

Disappointed with this Best Western, we expect a higher standard from that chain.

A small room was made smaller by two unnecessary item, a large armchair and an unstable tri-pod lamp that was in the way when trying to get to the bathroom. Additionally, the window in the bathroom was painted shut, so you could not vent the room. Finally, the curtains and bed skirt were way too long and hindered movement in the room.

Location was great; the young man on the desk during the week was very helpful; there was parking and free coffee was available at all hours.

the Staff

I think the rooms should be refurbished (replace the carpet for other material) The ground floor ( reception and breakfast room) should also be refurbished. It is too old.

the Staff

Helpful staff, excellent location but bad bad room

The room itself was quite dark and dated. The pillows were so big and hard. The carpet was dirty. Worst thing of all the room was SO hot and when i tried to put the air conditioning on at night, it would not work unless the light was on :l ?! So i had to try and sleep whilst the light was on just to get some air conditioning?! Plus it was SO loud. Really not very good and I had about 1 hours sleep.

The reception staff were super friendly and helpful, as i was a solo traveler they told me some good places to eat and places to go.

Nothing special
    • Double or Twin Room

We sent several requests to confirm parking, that was actually the reason why we picked this hotel. Upon arrival, they said they have no available spot to park the car as you need to confirm it in advance.. I guess no one cares about requests anymore. keep it up.

Feel like Bear Grylls

The parking is aweful, the room was dirty, the cleaning service makes lots of noise! Most of the staff doesn't speak another language instead of French.

The location is the strength of the hotel.

This hotel is in serious need of renovation.
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel is in serious need of renovation. My room had a very old and dirty carpet and smelled awfully. I managed to get some sleep as I had the window open during my whole stay. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to sleep due to the bad smell, probably stemming from the carpet. The bed was comfortable though.

Needs an upgrade to be worth the money

When you walk into the hotel it seems like you are entering a 3 star hotel with worn carpets and tapestry. The room was therefore a nice surprise. Spacious and with comfortable beds. The bathroom was tight, with stains on the mirror. The shower uncomfortable - to benefit you need to press yourself to the wall.

The hotel is in the city center. Very comfortable. The staff was helpful in allowing me to have breakfast before the official hours.

Disappointed

The hotel could never be rated as 4 star. Pictures do not reflect reality. Walls are dirty, breakfast is a caos. I payed for an extra bed and received a sofa without blanket. When I asked for a blanket the receptionist told me he wasn’t sure there was one available and ended up giving me one without cover. The TV was not working, there was no soap in the shower.

The hotel and room were not worth the cost of almost $300 USD for one night.

Parking was very far away from the hotel and is not included in the cost of the room. The room had a smell and the carpet had stains all over it. We requested a baby bed and the pack n play didn't have any kind of mattress and was uneven. The cost of the room for one bed was almost $300 USD - this is overpaying for the lack of quality. We requested another room that was cleaner and were told this was the only room available in the entire hotel.

Nice breakfast but rather expensive.
    • Family Room

Impossible to handle the egg boiling device in the proper way....

Nice breakfast but rather expensive. The staff was very nice and helpful - both at the front desk and in the breakfast room.

OK hotel at the edge of old Strasbourg

1. Couldn't check in at 2pm as said as "the room was not ready". I arrived at the hotel soaking wet (as a result of walking from the train station dragging my luggage in the rain). Had to wait at the reception for 30 min till 14:30 for the room to be cleaned. 2. Not reliable internet. Couldn't set up skype chat with my company due to very poor internet connection. 3. There are quite a number of beggars and homeless people at the nearby Homme de Fer tram station and Casino supermarket.

Located at the edge of old Strasbourg on a not-so-busy street, the hotel is 5 min walk from Kleber Sq, 10 min from the cathedral and 20 min from "Petit France". The surrounding neighborhood is mainly shops and restaurant. Staff are friendly and helpful.

breakfast included, newly refurbished rooms, dog friendly.

Car parking at the hotel and nearby car parks is not suitable for cars with topboxes. Max height of 1.8m. Very limited street parking and hotel is a little difficult to find due to the one way system restricting access.

breakfast included, newly refurbished rooms, dog friendly. Hotel located centrally and near to tourist attractions.

mid-way between station and cathedral so excellent location;

Rather dull décor, unless you like khaki paint and dark carpets. Building site next door so if you are at the back work starts at 7am!

mid-way between station and cathedral so excellent location; breakfasts excellent; staff very helpful; bathroom newly refurbished.

Over all great location, most of the staff were very friendly,
    • Double or Twin Room

Lighting in bathroom very bad, lobby and hallways war a big let down, felt very shabby and in need of a good clean, wasn't informed of the apero and use of the free coffee machine until we were leaving.

Size of the room was good, soundproofing was fantastic, separate toilet was great

One day stay

Carpet was a bit stained and looked like it might need a good cleaning.

Pillows were very comfortable. Had a great, very clean and spacious family room with a king size bed and two twin beds with a balcony overlooking the street.

The location is great.

There was some regular noise, maybe from the central air conditioning, which was a little annoying.

The location is great. We walked to most popular sights with our baby in a buggy. The staff was friendly.

Breakfast had a good offering, rooms were spacious.

Breakfast was a little pricey. Parking was tough, since there were limited spots, and very narrow entrance and exit.

Breakfast had a good offering, rooms were spacious. Plenty of options around for food. Staff was knowledgable of recommendations in the area. Generally pleasant staff(most, if not quite all)

Avoid underground parking
    • Family Room

Underground parking is to avoid. It's dark and very tight. Marks on walls and colomns tell a lot about a few cars damaged. Have to leave car in front of garage door to collect a key at the lobby in ordet to enter (each time). Wifi is absolutely non existent.

Room is spacious and clean, staff very friendly

Two days discovering beautiful Strasbourg.

Although we had reserved underground parking it was really difficult to find - we spent nearly an hour driving around the city (with GPS) and finding streets had been closed off or priority had changed. Instructions from the reception were not really of much use - however, private secure parking was much appreciated. Breakfast was quite good (buffet) but chaotic between 8.30 and 9.00 am when staff seemed incapable of coping with the rush. Tables too close together made it feel like eating in a corridor.

The central location of the hotel, near to tramway, shops, tourist sites and restaurants. The room was quiet and the air-conditioning worked well during hot weather.

+Great location near the train station and close to all...

-Very poor lighting in the room and bathroom. It was impossible to shave well with a dim light up and behind. -A bit worn out -Not really much different from a common 3* hotel, even if advertised as better, except perhaps the "happy hour" in the lobby which some of our entourage enjoyed, meaning not so much bang for the buck

+Great location near the train station and close to all relevant sights +Nice and professional staff

Great stop-over on way back to Calais.

Lift rather slow!

Comfortable, firm bed. Fantastic shower. Room 'compact' but plenty of storage space. Friendly staff speak perfect English.

Location is great, center of the old town of the city.

the rooms and the breakfast buffet are @ a minimum level of what you could expect.

Location is great, center of the old town of the city. Staff is very kind, customer oriented and make you feel you welcome. it's my second stay there mainly because of the quality of the staff in addition of the real tremendous location.

Ok hotel in a good location

Room decor a bit dated. Shower could put a lot of water on the floor if you're not careful with the screen. Had a room safe but it wasn't attached to anything!

Helpful, friendly staff, good breakfast, happy hour a nice touch. Coffee and tea available all the time in reception.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Happy hours.

Parking. They have small own parking or give discount in nearist public parking. But it can be full too. In front of hotel could be possibility to stop the car for take out the luggage. But it was parked cars instead.

Happy hours...

Nice location right in the heart of the city.

The hotel is somewhat run down and definitely needs a refurbishment. The breakfast was disappointing (probably one of the worst I've had in recent hotel stays). They were out of multiple items, leaving a pretty limited selection, and staff were no where to be seen.

Nice location right in the heart of the city.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Family Room

Althougt I had a reservation for parking, they were not able to provide a parking place for my car so I had to park my car in a private and expendive parking place.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Great location and excellent staff

Rooms were a bit basic and cleanliness could have been improved.

Staff made us very welcome and were extremely helpful. Great breakfast served. Underground parking in central location a real plus.

Good location, friendly staff, overall a comfortable stay.

The rooms were not actually as soundproof as advertised... we heard other guests several times at night. Furthermore, our booking stated free cancellation and no pre-payment needed, and that the card was only for pre-authorization. However when we got there I realized they had already charged my card. Thankfully we did not want to cancel, but yeah still unexpected.

The location was great, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They also had nice details, like a daily "happy hour" with local beer and pretzels, and free tea and coffee all day. The bathroom was quite nice and spacious, and the room comes with tea / coffee and a complimentary water bottle.

Extremely negligent cleaning

The cleanliness was definitely too bad. I found a used sock from a previous client, behind a curtain as well as a pair of glasses and two used paper towels behind a chair. Cleaning happened only on the visible surfaces. What amazed me was the rudeness of the hotel concierge, completely minimizing the incidents. We are talking about a pseudo 4 Star Hotel even on the prices!!!!

The breakfast was reasonable, and it is nice to have a coffee in the lobby area of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The staff was really awesome, they were really helpful and...

The staff was really awesome, they were really helpful and always smiling but the facility was nothing like the picture and there's a strong smell to the facilities, to be honest we arrived at the facility around 3 a.m. and checked out at 10 a.m. so we did not really spend time there but it was nothing like the photos at all.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Super attentive and happy staff

Bathtub/shower layout (water flowing down to the floor through over 10 Cm gap between the shower screen and the wall) Under ground parking floor (the surface was breaking up)

Happy Staff Good Location

great location and friendly staff, but rooms are not fantastic

the suite is large, but it's not a suite. the decoration and the furnitures are not adequat, and the room is not the cleanest. Looks like they tried to renovate it but didn't quite get there. Price for pet was not mentionned on the booking and it was a bit of a surprise.

the staff is very friendly and nice. Bathroom is good and very spacious. the little welcome desk is very nice. The location is perfect right in the middle from petite france and city center.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

good location

the smell in the bathroom was horrible, the bathroom door was extremely dirty, bed was not so comfortable, parking not available at the hotel and had to park at a public parking with 18euros/ day

good location

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Location, clean room + bathroom, parking.

I loved staff, but they did not replied my enquiry about parking, even though it was booked from their side. Also night receptionist really nice guy but did not speak English (4*, central location, well known brand,.. why don´t get for him some English course from company?

Location, clean room + bathroom, parking.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Personnel was very kind and helpful.

Underground parking in the hotel can be a bit problematic in case you have a bigger car. Parking places are small, quite narrow and you need to fit your car between supporting columns. Lift from underground parking to the hotel is small as well and it is problem to get inside with baby carriage. However more compact strollers should be fine.

Personnel was very kind and helpful. Location is very convenient and it is close to all major sightseeing points. Room was clean, with everything what we needed.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Short walk to all sights.
    • Family Room

The toilet was way to small for the size of the room.it didnt feel like a 4 star rated hotel. Everything was quite dated

Size of the room. Seperate beds for all. Friendly staff.