Reviews of Hôtel Diana Dauphine 4 stars

30, Rue de la Première Armée, 67000 Strasbourg, France

#39 of 82 hotels in Strasbourg

For business travel they put me at room in front of street all evening and night noise of cars ambulances i couldnt sleep after 24hours of travel. I had to wait for my room few hours. I didnt recive wakeup call as i requested and i had to remaind twice for taxi. Room smels disaster. I cannot recomend it.

Breakfast was only average. We had trouble connecting to the free wi-fi, and it was quite slow compared to the other hotels we've been staying at.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Onsite car parking was convenient, although it would be tight for a large car. Location was within walking distance of the main tourist sights of Strasbourg. Air conditioning in the room was effective and much appreciated.

Parking is not for bigger cars, breakfast hall is so small, it is always crowded, the fridge in the room is a great idea, but actually it is an obstacle to move around in the room. Changing the carpet would also be a good thing to do in the near future.

Staff

not the place for group travel especially for seniors, most of our guests were twin share, the beds were set as doubles, with one staff member on shift & two separate groups arriving at the same time it was a bit chaotic however he did manage to assist everyone in time, the lift was slow & small

Breakfast was excellent, close walking distance to the city

A plastic bottle of mine was accidentally thrown in the garbage by cleaning staff, but they did everything to retrieve it - successfully:-) I am very pleased with their performance.

• Standard Triple Room

The mattress was a tad hard and if there had been an extra sleeping pillow for each person, it would have made it alot more comfortable.

The staff was excellent and made us feel very welcome. They gladly assisted with any needs or tips of the area. The room was very nice and clean and having an air conditioner in the room was a huge bonus.

There's a coffee machine in the room, but no electric kettle, so you can't prepare a tea. The room was a bit dark for me, but I understand that's the general design. Maps of the city center at the reception desk would be very helpful (I only got a xerox copy of a map).

Very close to the city centre, but still in a quiet area. Interesting choice of local French products for breakfast. A supermarket very close. Lovely cosmetics in the bathroom - I usually don't use the hotel cosmetics, but these were absolutely great (smelled of honey). Wifi works great.

We haven´t seen other rooms, but the room 001 is a tragedy. Basically the room is made out of a garage (on the ground floor, next to the parking and smoking place). So the room is very small and dark, without normal windows (narrow widow of a garage). I have never expected such a room from a 4start hotel. We were very disappointed (considering EUR 170 for a night with romantic expectations). The only one good thing was the location, so we could flee out from the garage to the city.

Ok, this has to be mentioned. The garage is the worst garage I have ever seen. Really, really tight. If you're not a good driver, you won't be able to park your car without scratching it. The elevator is also really small, but that's the price to pay to be hosted in the center for an affordable price. Again, we've had an amazing experience in the hotel, these are just 2 small annoying details.

The hotel is very well located and looks really nice. A truly boutique hotel, where you feel cozy and realise that no detail has been left behind. The room was spotless clean and incredibly comfortable. Big bed, big shower, big TV, good mini-bar. Good taste is part of every detail of this hotel, which is nice. Strasburg oldtown is not even 10min walk away. Can only recommend this hotel.

It was very noisy because of work areas and renovation which was not indicated, it was expensive, the room was dark and smaller as expected

It was clean

unfortunately the TV would not work?? There were no instructions for the TV, there were no instructions in English (I know it's a typical English thing to say). The receptionist on check out struggled with his English as much as I struggled with my French so I nearly didn't check out! Luckily a lady came to work early and sorted it out.

I slept incredibly well, comfy bed, great shower/ facilities.

We stayed for a couple of nights and the towels were not refreshed during the stay.

Great location. Clean and modern rooms. Big and comfortable bed in front of a large screen TV :)

The way to the underground parking is very narrow, so it might be a stressful experience getting trough. It might be useful to warn guest on this. However a compensation to this we were allowed to keep our car a bit later than we checked out. Very much appreciated

Staff was very helpful and nice. Breakfast was very good. A walking distance from all tourists attractions.

Don't stay in room number 001 unless you are disabled. The room is probably much smaller than other rooms. Also we were told that there was no place to our station wagon car in the garage, but there was!

Breakfast was great. The room was clean. Location is perfect.

I didn't realize a taxe de séjour would be charged at the end of the stay. This should be made clear in Booking website, 'cause it could make me change my choice

The bed. And the Nespresso in the room.

Construction noise from hotel renovation starting from 7 AM. We were not informed about this, also very very noise from street site where is also the metro. Night Concierge told us we can stay in the garage until the next day late afternoon, morning concierge told us to leave at 2, this jeopardised our whole afternoon. In general not very friendly or professional attitude.

Centrally located, bed was comfortable. Spacious room.

Lifts and underground car park both incredibly small. If you are not a slim, confident driver you might want to stay elsewhere!

Well appointed room and wide choice at buffet breakfast. Staff were all super helpful and charming.

Room small and looked like it was completely new furnished, but was not in my opinion. Bath room updated but again very small. No bar; only minibar in the room. Breakfast standard. Building is old, adapted and has been done very creative but I doubt what will happen in case of emergency.

Location OK. 5 Minutes walk to city center.

I was given the only room on the ground floor behind the reception. Was neighbouring the baggage storage, toilets and the hotel garage. My only view out the small narrow windows was parked cars right next to my room. The ceiling of the room was so low that it almost touched my head. Basically living in an underground /ground floor basement.

Clean room, comfortable bed and great shower. Friendly staff.

• Standard Triple Room

I booked a triple room. Three adults stayed in the same room. However, the third person had to sleep just under the TV on a coach (I guessed it was a coach beacuse it was very low compared to the double bed). It was a bit uncomfortable.

People at the dest were very helpful. The room was clean. The bathroom was spacious and clean.

do not think this is a 4-star hotel, honestly - nothing special. The room price 89Euro/night is a normal one, and cannot be a 50% reduction as announced at the moment of booking

the breakfast was excellent

I had a business visit to Strasbourg. I spent 2 excellent nights at the hotel. A perfect comfortable room. The staffs in reception, restaurant and room service are nice and very helpful. The location of the hotel near the Centre of the city is excellent for any purpose you need for restaurants, works or shopping.

• Privilege Double Room

Bathroom like so many hotels now have shaving mirrors and wash basins so low That if you’re over 5ft tall are difficult to use. Maybe it’s regulations for wheelchaired people. But very awkward for someone over 6 foot tall. Breakfast was optional and was not 4 star standard and not worth the €15 per head

Staff were very Helpful, polite and gave useful advice. Couldn’t wish for better service. Bravo

Toilet wasn´t really spacious - space is too narrow, floor in the Bathroom was cold, Parking in the garage was challenging.

Breakfast was very tasty, bed was comfortable, walking distance to City Centre

Room too small (we had to put a suitcase - we had 2 of them - under the bed because no other space was available). We booked a parking place but that was not available when we arrived. The hotel doesn't even have a bar or a place where you can seat and drink. The breakfast room is rather small and you cannot always be comfortably seated. Coffe and cappuccino can only be made with a coffe machine (only one for all guests).

Comfortable and silent room, neat and clean. Comfortable bed. Nice, kind and helpful staff.

Bathroom and toilette we're separated but could have been a bit more spacious! I stayed Wed to Fri and price on Friday night was +60% vs previous nights!!

Big room with big, comfortable bed.

Absolutely overpriced. My first room basically had no windows and was freezing. Even after I changed, the room was small and the electricity worked only in half of the room. The fan in the bathroom didn't work and the shower is not well protected so it's always wet and humid.

Location is excellent.

My room was i guess the smallest, but i was alone, so i managed. However, I do not know where two luggages of two persons could have been put... Coffee machine is in room, but no water boiler, so tea drinkers you need to go down to the reception to get a free cup of tea. Garage space is limited, book in advance. Garage spaces themselves are ok, but the corridor down to the places is very narrow with several sharp turns. Leaving the car in the garage for few hours after you checked out might be a problem.

Super location, cathedral is 10 min on foot. Also when coming by car close to motorway. Room relatively well equipped, reception staff friendly and speak English. Nespresso machine in room.

We chose here because it advertised car parking. They emailed me the night before asking for the make and model of the car (its a medium sized 4x4) but it was not until we arrived they said that it was too big so we had to park on a nearby multi story. Disappointed. Breakfast very average and dining area ridiculously small for the number of people.

Good bathroom and room ok. Good location. Nice to have a Nespresso machine although they only left 2 pods.

No parking for my mid-size sedan. I had to go out to the parking meter every 2 hours the entire first day cause there was not any parking at the garage down the street, so we were unable to go site seeing at all that day. Rooms are very clean and modern, but the beds were very short. I’m 64 inches tall and it was just long enough for me.

Breakfast was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Parking very narrow, felt in my Ford Focus like in some big-sized SUV :) so you need to be careful there, so u get a bit of driving school there :)

Location of the hotel is perfect, 5 mins walk to the city centre Staff was very nic, giving directions on the phone, helpful, showing us how to orientate in the city, what is worth to see. Room was clean, a bit small, bathroom very nice, clean, no remarks there :)

The bathroom lacked functionality in some respects. The tap over the sink madeit difficult to use; and the plug did not work. The armchair provided in the bedroom was uncomfortable

The room was generously sized and quiet.

I didn’t know how to work the a/c, so I opened the window!

The staff was excellent, very helpful! The room was very nice and modern, very comfortable. The shampoos and body was was delighful.

The breakfast (not included) is magnificent. Great French baguette, cheese, ham, eggs, jams, and artisan yoghurts. Hotel is well located on the tram line from the station. It's a hop and a skip to downtown. Hotel staff great. Rooms very comfy and bathroom excellent.

Clean and cozy room, comfortable bed and nice shower room. You can reach by walk the city centre. The staff were really nice. Great value for money. We really enjoyed the stay in the hotel.

• Standard Triple Room

They offered the room as appropriate for 3 persons. But they put a bed under the TV stand for the third person which is not acceptable and not safe! When I told them about this they were ignorant and said we don't lie about the size of the room but the problem was not the size but the layout that was just not made for 2 beds. We had to book a second room because of this reason and it was very inconvenient. Also we told the service ladies not to enter our room and when we came back everything was moved around!

Hotel room lights didn't all work, worn and stuffy. Sports car can't use garage as ramp too steep so had to park off site

Location and breakfast good

• Privilege Double Room

Very tight parking but we drive a 4x4 most cars will be fine Breakfast is expensive and the eggs were microwaved ping...

Friendly staff who pointed us in the right direction for town and food etc

Rooms at front are very noisy from early morning. Creaking of mattress and associated activity in next room clearly audible during the night! Parking OK for car that was not big, but not easy to access on first-time arrival. better instructions for/better working of air conditioning on hot night would be appreciated. Clear instructions for access from motorway would be appreciated.

Nice modern decor. Friendly staff. Near centre of Strasbourg. Near motorway.

• Standard Triple Room

AirCon was not working when we arrived, and because of a holiday there was no-one available to deal with it. I finally found I could extract the controller from a tight wall socket that made it appear built-in - only to discover it was set on heating! Nights were in high 20s that week! Garage was a very tight fit - indeed I scraped the side of my car which will cost a lot more than the 17 euro daily fee! Hotel kindly gave me one free day.

Great bathroom had room for the three of us, and the camp bed (described as a third 'bed') was OK for our adult friend. We could walk to everywhere in the centre in 10 to 15 minutes, very pleasant on different routes. There is also a bus and tram stop outside the hotel.

Parking on hotel is fine for micro cars. Noisy even on 7th floor during rush hours only. On entrance we were welcome with stinky sewage smell. Booking.com No cancellation policy was misused by hotel as immediate payment in advance. Price and conditions were better priced on Hotel Internet site.

Location, Location Good Aircondition Good Bed

Parking at the hotel seems to be quite limited, so had to go to a public paid car park nearby, but in the end it was actually cheaper than at the hotel, because it was not for 24hrs. Breakfast seemed too expensive, so chose to go to a nearby patisserie/cafe for a third of the price.

Handy to get to from the motorway coming from the direction of Luxembourg and Metz (unless you happen to come on 14 July when the streets around the hotel are closes off to traffic for the festivities). Nice modern and clean rooms.

Delicious buffet breakfast Easy to find , there was underground parking ( bookable) but we had a roofrack load and were fortunate to park on the street opposite

• Privilege Double Room

The wifi system. Signal was weak.

The management attentively and efficiently addressed an issue with our room (details spared). They handled matters better than some of the luxury hotels at which we have stayed. I would book here again. Modern trendy style hotel, great bathroom, helpful info about the city, quality upmarket restaurant recommendations. Reserve the privilege rooms.

The air con in our room was ineffective but the hotel did apologise and compensate us by not charging for the secure parking on check out.

The hotel is in a good location for exploring the city. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was good.

Fix the electricity sockets, there was to find a right position to keep charging. Problem was in general witch charging notebook, phones.

The location close to historical center, friendly helpful staff, safe parking, great breakfast.

Very friendly and professional TEAM, great location. Room extremely comfortable and cleaned. Great breakfast. 10 minutes walk from the Hotel up to the downtown. We will be back shortly and I can recommend this Hotel for friends of mine!

The wi-fi is very slow such that it's not really even usable. The A/C in our room didn't work and the room was uncomfortably warm. Fortunately, the staff brought us a fan the second night of our stay and that helped a lot. The "non-smoking" room smelled of stale smoke.

The lobby and rooms are nicely styled and modern. The location is very good and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. There were several English language TV channels.

Very small elevator, and only 1 available... so long waiting sometimes, and difficult to fit a stroller. We got a room next to this elevator, so it was very noisy. Also the door was difficult to open, as the key dint work quite well, plus the fact that it has a spring that makes it very hard to keep open, specially if you are carrying a baby and bringing your luggage. Breakfast was OK, with good assortment of local breads, cheese and jam, the only bad thing was the eggs which were terrible.

We location is great, walking distance from downtown, and the fact that it have parking in the property was great (all though very tight). The room was very nice, with good air conditioning. It was very modern, and the staff was very kind and gave us

Wifi signal was a bit weak. Pricey, but that is to be expected during European Parliament session weeks.

Nice hotel for a business trip. Centrally located. Friendly staff. Clean room.

When entering the room, there is a light stink coming from the toilet, which is separate from the rest of the bathroom.

The hotel is quite central and very close to the bus station. The bed is super comfy.

Customer service is horrible. Hotel is dirty. Rooms are dirty. Air conditioning is not working. Shower is pouring only hot water over you. Old empty bottles under the bed. Parking space is so small you have to be reaaaally good to be able to park.

There are rooms in the hotel that a newish than the others. But we had to argue for hours to get a better room

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Very high price. The airconditioning did not work. I only received another room for my third and last night. I learned from another guest this was not an isolated problem. No coffee making facilities. Given the very high price I would expect this to be a minimum. In the first room the temperature of the shower could not be properly chosen. No compensation whatsoever was offered for the absence of airconditioning. Only a feeble "we are sorry" One, very small, elevator for the entire hotel.

Location is fine near the city center. Spacious rooms. The rooms are well darkened at night.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

For 160 eur a night I would expect something much better. The smell of carpets and the dark coloured walls are a total turn off. They were helpful with giving me an iron, but for the money they get from clients on plenary days, they should be able to afford buying a functioning one with a proper ironing board.

the location.

Rooms oriented to the front side are very noisy also at night as there is a lot of traffic (ear plugs recommended)

Nice simple rooms Modern interieur Located close to the historic city center

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Standard Triple Room

The wifi is unsatisfactory. It kept disconnected.

The bed is comfortable. There are shampoo, conditioner and body lotion in the bathroom. The bathroom is very clean. The photos shown is exactly how the room looks. The breakfast is provided in the early morning (around 6:15am) which I found it useful as I arrived at that time.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Room was very small and rather worn, although bed was very comfortable. Very small lift which can only accommodate one party at a time. Breakfast area very dark and dingy, and just a machine for hot drinks

Bed was extremely comfortable. Room was very quiet. Allocated underground large parking space

horrible small parking!! if your car is bigger than a Golf, you should contact the hotel in advance... the rooms are small, but okay for 1-2 nights.

the location, everything in walking distance. the rooms are freshly remodelled and look fancy. great shower, huge tv, small balkony.

The Property Parking, not for every Vehicle

Location; 5-10 Minutes to the Cathedral, Restaurants, Pubs& Shops to walk. Public Parking 3 Minutes to walk.

Minibar was not filled up and the used glasses and the waste was left on the table.. The hotel has a very very small breakfast room which get packed quickly therefore it's super noisy and not comfortable to enjoy your breakfast. Tables were not cleaned up after others left so people were queuing to get a table, blocking the way of those who wanted to reach the food area.. not an ideal situation.

Staff was kind and helpful. Location is good, easy to get there from the highway but also easy to reach the city center. Scrambled eggs were very good and the yogurt selection was very nice and all of them delicious.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

There was one thing that drove me crazy :D .. In the lift, which was itself very small, they had some sort of flashing light display with the LED bulbs.. amazingly annoying! You might like it, but it gave me a headache every time I used the lift! Other than that.. no problems :)

5 - 10 minutes walk from the cathedral, with easy parking onsite, and a very nicely decorated and good size bedroom.. I enjoyed staying here, found the location just right for getting in to and out of the centre, but you are on a main street with trams outside, so some might be unhappy if given a street facing room.. for myself, no issues at all with that.. We didn't choose to take breakfast at the hotel, so can't comment on that, but for the room price, and hotel flexibility after I made a mistake in my booking, makes this for me a great place so stay!

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

The biggest minus was the weak Internet - I simply could not do or open anything. The breakfast was a bit monotonous, but again, the biggest issue was the wifi. Otherwise - a great hotel to stay at.

The room was very spacious (and the shower as well!) and the bed was very comfortable. The location was very good and just a few tram stops from the railway station.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Bedside lighting was patterned so it was impossible to read by! Breakfast was disappointing, mainly pre-packaged.

Very comfortable room. Staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Standard Triple Room

The room smelt somewhat of old smoke, as if someone had been smoking there before. The WiFi connection was also a little touch and go in the room. While there was parking, it was full and we had to use paid parking elsewhere.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and warm.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The price of Breakfast was high/ not included in the booking price

The hotel was very modern and chic ! perfect location and the staff was very friendly. I would definitively go there again!

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

The stairs are very narrow and steep and the lift is also very small, which was rather claustrophobic

Staff on reception (a young gentleman) was extremely friendly, warm and welcoming. Hotel is in an excellent location, and right next to the tramway and only a few minutes walk from a huge shopping centre. Secure parking was a real bonus, even with the additional cost.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

There are no kettle in the room unfortunately. Limited number of parking places, parking is a bit tight.

Hotel is <1 km from the city center, 200 meters from the nearest tram stop (trams are the best way to travel around the city). Room was large enough for two, everything was new and clean, nothing broken or not working. Girls on reception were very kind, provided us with maps, explained were to go and places worth visiting, gave us umbrella in a rainy day.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Standard Triple Room

Very small lift to reception from parking. Had to do several trips. (no big issue though)

Nice and clean room. Decent breakfast and friendly staff. 5-10 min walk to downtown.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Elevator and parking. Parking is not free, costs 15 euros per day, expensive, and you have to book it, we didn't know about that. Public parking was 20 euros. Very soft mattress, for me hard to sleep.

The hotel is close to the centre, very nice breakfast, very warm bathroom, nice design

Disaster in the customer service department with booking.com Rude personnel after a family booking for 4, when the room was only for 2. We were informed that it was OUR fault, even though 2 adults and 2 children was clearly written on the confirmation. No solution was found, although we are loyal customers and the whole experience left a bad taste in our mouths. We had to pay for a second room....

The hotel was great....

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Standard room, the bed was stiff which suited me but my partner found it a little uncomfortable. No problem with the room, clean but the shower room was smelling of old drains. Location is good, just a 10 minute walk to the old town; a little super market 100m away, the hotel has limited parking but for a similar price there is a multi-storey car park close by the hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Standard Triple Room

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Our room was small for three adults but very clean and nice. Huge TV! The hotel is very conveniently located near the city center and other historic attractions. We look forward to a return trip.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Privilege Double Room

The location was very convenient, and the hotel was very well maintained and the staff very helpful. Excellent, comfortable stay over the Christmas period.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Standard Triple Room

Internet connection was not good: not strong and not reliable. We were 3 person, a 2 person room was added with one more bed, which made the room a little uncomfortable.

Location is great, clean, breakfast is good, nice furnished.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Although not far away from city center, the neighborhood is not the best. Rooms are very noisy. The wifi is not stable. The elevator takes forever. The decoration of rooms and hallway is absolutely awful. The service is not really professional (I was given a room that hadn't been cleaned at frist...) Clearly needs to do more and better on several fronts, I won't come back.

The Lobby is nice. That was about it.