Reviews of Hôtel Esplanade Eden 3 stars

12, Esplanade du Paradis, 65100 Lourdes, France

#16 of 84 hotels in Lourdes

Staff must be the best I’ve ever meet from receptionists and the man who worked the night cover, and very special mention to the lady who served our b/fast and evening meals all excellent. The location is 10mins brisk walk to grotto .

My Pescatarian/vegetarian main course compared to what the meat eaters were given was awful and inadequate, more like basic café food. I stayed for 9 nights, was given ( the same ) fish 4 times, it was always hard, chewy and tasted very earthy, I have no idea what it was, I was given an inedible thick, but sloppy pizza ( instead of pork in a sauce), vegetables twice, chips twice, One meal consisted of half an aubergine which was inedible as it was not prepared and tasted acidic. Another meal was a small cheap frozen burger which looked and tasted terrible. The other guests always had a good meat option. I felt cheated. When I sat with an organised group, like they, I was not given an hors d'oeuvre, or choice of dessert, but I was charged for these. quite frankly I was worn out by asking or telling the managers. One evening the waitress asked me if I wanted an omelette (after giving me a quiche hors d'doeuvre), so they had prepared no meal for me. By this time I was embarrassed and distressed. Overall my main courses were cheap, frozen and nasty and there was no recompense or even acknowledgment for the huge difference in disparity between my food and what the meat eaters were served. Even the shared vegetables in a tureen had ham in them !! at times the Manager seemed aloof and impatient with no real governance over the meal planning and preparation.

The employed staff were always hard working, efficient, helpful and friendly. The room was a good size, the towels and sheets were meticulously clean. I forgot my umbrella and adaptor which were provided for me for my stay. The atmosphere was generally relaxed. The soup was tasty and plentiful, as were the hors d'oeuvre and a choice of dessert ( for 6 nights ). The managers were generally helpful, and made sure I wasn't given shell fish to eat due to an allergy.

1. The beds were simply short! My feet went far beyond the edge of the bed. Also my wife who is shorter than me experienced the same. 2. Breakfast is served between 7.00 and 9.00 am. We arrived at the hotel late night and in next morning we woke up after 8.00 am. We missed the breakfast.

Location is not bad

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Tea-making facilities in the room would have been good and BBC or Algazerra News would have been a bonus for English speakers

We liked the air conditioning and the room was comfortable.

The hotel is a little old and the bed were really uncomfortable

The staff was very helpful, professional and always with a smile.

Can't say there was anything I didn't like.

Friendly staff. Excellent locality. Great views from our room. Good internet connection.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Location and value for money

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The food was amazing

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

it would have been nice to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room

food not great need some variety..

good service.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Easy walk to the grotto. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

No negatives at all

Excellent value for money and so caring towards every guest

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

bed was too narrow. no air conditioning. no shampoo

customer service was excellent

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

Nothing really.

Good quiet location with easy access to the Grotto. Comfortable beds, good food and very friendly staff, nothing too much for them. A very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

Breakfast ... No variety Bedding comfort Decor is very basic at rooms Noisey hotel mornings and night

Staff and location

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

The Staff were really friendly and helpful. The meals were really nice and filling. The rooms were nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

nothing to complain

everything,,no comments,,owners,,staff,,service,,comfortably we enjoyed our stay @this hotel,,

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

There are no comments available for this review

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

Awesome friendly atmosphere!!!

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.