Reviews of Kyriad Hotel XIII Italie Gobelins 3 stars

5 rue Veronese, 13th arr., 75013 Paris, France

#816 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

The bathrooms are very tiny so just had door open. There was no AC in the room, and it was quiet warm that day and thunder, so I had window opened before rain started but then also turned on the Fan, but it just circulates air doesn't really cool it down. I'd say during summer it be even hotter.

On my arrival the room wasn't ready so I left my suitcase and went to grab something to eat nearby straight out and on the left had a front terrace all I'll say is if you have some requirement don't go there the chef will not accommodate, but the staff were apologetic for him being in bad mood and wouldn't do a ham sandwich with no cheese, but I will find the name and that the review for restaurant) When I went back to the hotel I got my room on 5th floor, it was end of dark corridor I was like were am I going haha but when I opened the door it was small cozy and not what I expected way better, I had a lovely balcony window, made me feel like real Parisian. I'd say if I went to Paris again I'd stay there.

The rooms are noisy. I had to ask a fellow guest to turn down TV to sleep. Walls paper thin. The phone system does not allow for connecting to att calling. Not good when expecting to have access to phone for business or otherwise.

Location is excellent

• Two Connecting Double Rooms

Decor in Rooms could be updated.

Excellent location. Comfy bed and clean room, just a bit dated. Breakfast was very good and great value for money. Very close to Metro.

-minor details regarding safety but the cleaning service left the window partly opened one day and the door has no safety lock from the inside. - the kettle provided was rusty with white sediments. - the bathtub and the sink would become clogged at times.

We stayed for 4 nights and were sad to leave.We had a room near the elevator facing the street.We did not have an issue with noise as some of the other reviews mentioned.It's a very cosy hotel but with all the facilities provided, perfect for a long stay. -the room was very clean (daily cleaning provided)and was a reasonable size for the price especially considering it is located very close to the paris city centre. - there was plenty of natural light as there were 2 large windows each in the bedroom and the bathroom. - Bathroom was very clean and quite big.Toiletries provided daily.There was even a vanity mirror and a little stool which we could sit on and wash our clothes.Plenty of space to dry them as well. - extremely warm and helpful staff.you can get printouts at the reception at no extra charge. - We arrived at 10am in terrible weather and the gentleman at reception quickly checked us in to our room at no extra charge. - Tea/coffee making facilities provided. - located in a quiet and very safe neighbourhood even late at night. - we loved the delicious pizza place down the road.A pizza costs 8 euros and is enough for 3 people. - a Franprix supermarket and a carrefour 2 mins from the hotel. We bought bread, pies, baguettes,cheese and readymade sandwiches for packed lunches which saved us a lot on food. - 5 min walk to the subway. But we preferred using the bus (station - Banquier)which is 2 mins away from the hotel.The bus stops right in front of the major attractions like Notre Dame Cathedral, the Louvre, galeries lafayette,the opera house and stops at Gare de East / Gare de Lyon stations (train connections to Chateaux Vaux le Vicomte and other off city attractions)

Little bit of a journey from main attractions but if you walk down the road (15 mins) to the river and walk along towards the Notre Dame then you get to see some amazing sights and eventually they are all alone the way. If you’re not a fan of walking the boat tours are definitely recommended

Everything was clean, staff was nice and shout out to Saada he was excellent! Very helpful and always happy

In booking.com you said I will get some discount for sights and touristic visits and you even gave me a QR code but neither hotel and not any of the places accepted the discount or QR code and they even did not know what is that.

good location near the Italy Square, there're supermarket and all kinds of restaurants in the surroundings. And the most important, comfortable room!

The absence of microwave The absence of toilet hand spray The need for enlarging clothes word robe

The proximity the staff was very friendly and helpful I needed help at 11:30pm and the staff arrived quickly

The breakfast was very average, and for £9 per person it’s 100% not worth it. The location is amazing! Room was very tiny but this is standard. The staff were just doing their jobs no extra care. Please don’t take the airport transfer! Take public transportation or taxi/Uber

Small room, there is no air conditioner, toilet was not clean, there was water leakage from the shower, and bathtub curtain is very small and bathroom gets wet while you take shower.

Location and bed comfort.

Room size

It was a clean comfortable room. The room was a bit small but still ok. The location was great, just 10 min walk from the famous Rue Mouffetard. We are very satisfied with the reception and room service. Overall it was a good hotel

It was hot weather with 27 or more , there was no air-conditioner in the room. And felt hot at night. My room was by side of lift which was not good.

Very good location near the subway station and bus stop by walking 5-10 mins . And many restaurants near by and easy to find.

The smallest room we ever stayed with an unpleasant smell of old house. It was difficult to walk around the bed.

Approx 5 min from the metro, many restaurants nearby, the bed was comfortable. Has elevator.

We didn't take breakfast as cost seemed a bit high for 4.

We requested 2 bedrooms close together and were given adjacent rooms which was ideal for our group of 4 family members. Rooms were clean, spacious and beds very comfortable. Location was conveniently close to metro stations and buses.

The only little problem was that the room was not light enough in the evening.

The stuff was very friendly and helpful, the room was cleaned daily, and we enjoyed the free coffee in the room every morning. The bed was really comfortable. The location is great.

The workers are quite nice and it's comfortable to talk to them. I think the room well deserves the price because it is quite clean and well equipped. It is also very convenient to go everywhere. I like it a lot.

When I arrived, I was told "you are late" apparently they had asked me what time I would arrive and I apparently told them 2pm, Everywhere on booking.com says we are able to enter at 3pm. The staff took payment automatically rather than waiting until I left which I found extremely strange. The bed was horrendous, rock hard and the pillows even worse. It was like sleeping on 2 rocks. When I asked for a softer pillow, i was just told thats all they had. The "shower room" has no form of heating, or towel radiator so your towels are continuously damp, not to mention they are of low quality. Its also freezing after stepping out of a shower. I asked for an extra blanket, to help soften the mattress, and I was told that only the cleansers have access to blankets so you will need to wait until tomorrow afternoon. Great! I had plans the following day so couldn't wait until the after noon, but asked them to remember me. Of course they didn't, so I spent 3 days in a lot of pain in my back and hardly any sleep. There are flats surrounding it, so if you stay on a weekend you are sure to hear loud noise and music from the windows about you and next to you. Not to mention people in other roons, the floor boards are so old you hear...everything... and I mean everything! When we handed our key in at the end, we were not thanked or treated with any courtesy. One of the worst places I've stayed in my life.

The location is ideal if you want to be close to les gobelins station

Minor: No english tv channels

Our room was small. However it has good access to the metro and in a good area with access to shops and restaurants. The breakfast provided was sufficient with lots of choices and the food was freshly cooked.

Noise. In my room I could hear noise from other rooms and from the hallway. I don't really understand why, my guess is that it's the age of the building.

Good, reliable, you get exactly what you pay for. It's a mainstream hotel in the centre of Paris. This particular property is a little old, but the furnishings are at least completely up to date.

There was a lot of noise from other rooms! It seemed as if there was a bathroom directly above our room (unlikely?) we could hear every time they took a shower or used the toilet. There were also a lot of other noises from doors and the lift, etc.

It's a good quality hotel in the centre of Paris. Staff are professional and there's nothing really to worry about.

• Two Connecting Double Rooms

Room was a little noisy - could hear movement in other rooms and plumbing noises. Bathroom a little dated and small.

Friendly staff, quick check-in, good location, excellent value for money, tea and coffee making facilities. Warm room.

Avoid rooms close to the lift. I was in room 45

Bed very comfortable. Like the location but only because I wanted to be in that area. Easy to get to from Airport. One one change (don't change at Gare de Nord). Although some you tube videos said the 13e not safe, this part was great.

Breakfast was ok but the service during breakfast was unfriendly (unlike at the reception) and the products that were used were not always of high quality (compared to nearby cafes)

Very friendly staff. Great location. Exceeded our expectations.

It was very good according to price.

Location, clean, pretty people, very close to M5-6-7 about 200 or 300 meters. We have a baby and wanted a cradle for him. They brought it as soon as we check-in. It was free of charge. Shortly we pleasured of accommodation suggested. By the way wi-fi connection not bad.

The room had a strong odor of cheap air freshener and a hint of cigarette smell. The room was quite small- it was a bit difficult to find a good spot for luggage as the bed takes up most of the room and one of the walls was angled. We put a do-not-disturb sign on the door and the cleaning staff came in anyway.

This hotel is in a fairly convenient location- close to several grocery stores and restaurants and easy access to several metro lines. The staff was polite and the street is very quiet.

Rooms are very small. Advertised pictures does not reflect real size of the room.Carpet must be cleaned all over the hotel. It is old and smells .

Staff at the the front desk was very helpfull and always ready to help.

The staff were very rude and not at all cooperative. During the checkout day there was no supply of hot water in hotel , so we requested them for 1 hour late checkout but they didn't allow us and reception guys were not at all pleasant . Not a good experience .

Maybe some air refresher in the rooms would be a good idea.

Very good location and close to the metro. There are shops and restaurants around as well. Nice welcome and quite clean.

The smell of some perfume in the room was quite strong, I guess it was coming from the bathroom ventilation. But it was ok with an open window in the room.

Good location close to metro (many restaurants nearby, also a couple of supermarkets - Carrefour and Franprix). Kettle in room was really very nice to have. They have a luggage storage room, which is useful.

There is a smell of old carpet.

The staff is very helpful. He arranged a transportation to airport, pick up at the hotel 18 euro per person. The room is clean and fully equipped of amenities. Good location, 5 mins walk to metro, a lot of restaurants.

Staffs were not very friendly Room was ok but a little dark and small, the building looks old

Location, very closed to the metro 7 and asian district. We can find good asian restaurants in walking distant.

I don't recommend at all hiring the shuttle service they offer to bring you to the airport. We hired it and they arrived 30 minutes late. We asked for a discount for the bid delay but out request was rejected. Not serious.

Everything was fine. Good decoration, good location and nice staff. Of course, the size of the bedroom without being small, wasn't big. Just enough for sleeping.

Nice, clean, & tidy room. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is close to metro stations, bus stops, a mall, and other shops and restaurants. Couldn't ask for more!

Quite noisy outside as it is located close to bars and restaurants that are open until late.

The room was clean, comfortable beds, nice view, good value for money in Paris.

The hotel was close to Metro station and bus stops. Many restaurants to eat in the area as well as entertainment and grocery stores. Staff very friendly, hotel very clean.

• Two Connecting Double Rooms

Only drawback was the number of stairs in the metro!

Great location right near d'Italie metro station- only drawback is the number of stairs in this metro with luggage! Rooms were tidy and comfortable and staff were helpful throughout stay. Amazing restaurants located nearby with the best tapas and deserts as well as a laundromat around the corner.

If I was with another person it would be nice if the room was a bit bigger. For two people it might have been a bit small but because it was just me it was fine.

The location was excellent! By metro it was about 10mins from notre dame do it is perfect for sure seeing!

Plumbing is a little a little noisy but that's to be expected in old buildings.

Good location for the money. It's easy to get around from the hotel whether you walk or take the subway. Walking distance to good restaurants, bars and Starbucks! Room and bathroom is small but adequate. Loved our little balcony onto the street.

No A/C in the room. There is a lady in the restaurant that is always looking what and how you are eating and can make you feel unconfortable

Excellent value for money! Clean and close to metro stations!

I feel for the cost, the breakfast could have been a bit better. It wasn't bad, and I particularly enjoyed the croissants, but I would recommend to others to experience a Parisian breakfast at one of the nearby coffee shops. The décor was a bit outdated and aged.

Location good for using the Metro. within 5 minutes of 3 stations on different lines made it very easy to get around Paris. There were plenty of good restaurants within the area. Room was comfortable if not a bit basic. The wifi was good and easy to use.

Great value for money in Paris. Located a little further from the centre but was easy to get to with Metro. Lots of lovely Restaurants and Shops around the area. Has everything you need but nothing extra.

The only thing that wasnt great was the price on booking.com wasnt the price including city tax. Which there was nothing i could see about it.

The price was perfect for a short break in paris. The staff were great and very helpful.

• Two Connecting Double Rooms

Was rather small, but this is Paris and it was rather expected.

Excellent location. Close to many coffee shops and restaurants. Also a couple of minutes walk to the Japanese and Vietnamese town.

No AC, rooms were small.

The location was very good - close to three Metro lines. Three grocery stores within two blocks. The bed was comfortable. Hot pot and coffee/tea in each room. Good choice if you just want a place to lay your head at night.

The 'noise' we made although it was 15 pm and one morning the room next to us woke us up due to their yelling and shouting and nothing was said about that..

The room was Very clean and one guy from the reception very nice (Monaco fan)

The only thing that i complain is the floor of the room. It was so noisy and making sound when walking...

Everything is okay... Thank you Hotel Kyriad...

• Two Connecting Double Rooms

No airconditioning with over 30 degrees outside but it was great they had ventilators/vans available in all rooms. The beds are quite hard.

Good breakfast, friendly service, good english speaking personnel, excellent location, nice cafe's and restaurants close by.

This summer has been so hot,that the hotel really needs aircon,although there was a fan and opening window, Wifi always a bit hit and miss

Always stay here when in Paris,always good.Two good restaurants in same street,one or other always open when we arrive later in day. Easy access to supermarket and train station at Austerlitz.Many thanks to staff as always

Perhaps an extra shelf in the bathroom would have come in handy.

The service from the concierge. Both gentlemen were excellent. The lady serving the breakfast was friendly.

No air conditioning Room not available at 11:00 am as advertised - not ready until 1:30pm! Family's room not ready until 2:30!!

Close to metro and stores

• Two Connecting Double Rooms

Extremely hot and stuffy. Food for breakfast ran out very early and they were reluctant to restock anything. We asked for more cold milk to be put in the jug and she put the tiniest bit in.

• Two Connecting Double Rooms

The airport shuttle service was rip off. Van is old, no aircon with one of window panels covered in plastic!!! Driver didn't even care which terminal you are going. If not for other passengers who are familiar with Orly airport, we would have been lost!

Hotel is in a good location where restaurants, shops are just around the corner. It's an easy commute to various places of interest. Room is clean.

Hard to find. Maybe the room could be a little bit bigger.

Great location, with a big bunch of restaurants, cafes and stores around. Metro station is just 2 or 3 minutes away. The staff was very friendly, the room is very clean and correct for the price. Would come back.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Very low light in room and in passage. Lightning in room and in passage should be increased. Bathroom should be updated with good quality fixtures for shower (No pressure at all).

Its a very good location, everything near by.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Most of the staff was great, but one of staff members was very aggressive when communicating (both for normal things like offering to book an airport shuttle for us and when we had a question about the bill at the end of our stay). The room fluctuated in temperature quite a bit - sometimes it was really cold and sometimes really hot. We could not figure out how to use the heaters in the room and there were no instructions anywhere. A teapot is provided in the room, but the metal coils that heat up the water were exposed at the bottom so we didn't use it.

The hotel is older and some things look worn (like the carpet and wallpaper), but it's very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. Extra amenities were already in the room - extra blanket, pillow, a fan. There's an elevator, though it's very small (my friend and I had to take turns going up with our bags). The breakfast buffet had fantastic food and was a reasonable price. Overall, it was a great price for what we received.

service staircase is quite dirty. Cleaning staff tends to open the door even when the "Do not disturb" sign is on. It was our second time around and this happened again.

Nice hotel at a decent price. the bed is confy and there's some nice restaurants around. Also metro is nearby and walking distance from several attraction sites.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The room was very small, the bathroom extremely small. Because of this, you could hear the neighbours very well. An overweight person could not fit inside the shower cabin. Could use some renovating. Doors are old, with scratches on them, paper hangings could be changed. The wooden floors were very squeaky. Could have been better (perhaps included breakfast) for the price paid.

Excellent location, close to the "Place d'Italie" Metro station, at a walking distance from some very good restaurants and from the center (Notre Dame etc.); not on the main, noisy boulevard, but on a quiet side-street. The bed was very comfortable, the cleaning service very good. Tea and instant coffee in the room at guests' disposal was also a nice treat.

The room was particularly small, even for Paris standards, where rooms are generally smaller than in other cities. In the bathroom we could hardly turn around, so tiny it was. Similarly, the width of the bed reminded me the little space I usually encounter in huts in the Alps...There you don't expect comfort, but in a 3 stars hotel I do! Smelly corridors. I think the communal parts of the hotel deserve some refreshment and could be designed in a more friendly, appealing way. This hotel is really only a place for sleeping, you won't feel like hanging out or relaxing there.

Clean and quiet, comfortable mattress. Good breakfast, given the very affordable price (9€). Overall very cheap price - around 70€ for a double room, which, at least for a more or less centrally located 3 stars hotel as this one, seems very exceptional to me in Paris.

The bed sheets was not changed untill I expelictly asked for it. The water temperature for the shower was not stable and jumped often from cold to hot and back cold.

The location of the hotel really good, so many good resturant near by and easy access to puplic transport.

Location was great, nice safe area and very close to the centre of Paris by Metro or Uber. Room was a little on the smaller side but it was very clean and well presented. Would def stay here again.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The wifi in one of the rooms we booked didn't work (6th floor). We think it works the best on the lower floors but maybe it just didn't work in our room only :) We had to go down to the lobby in order to use it.

We liked everything about our stay! The stuff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very clean. The location of the hotel is great. We walked to the center (30-40 mins walking distance) easily and there're two metro stops very very close to the hotel! They are on the line that goes right to the main attractions in the center (Notre-Dame, Louvre etc). The area of the 13th district was wonderful, there're lots of great places to eat and it's very safe and cozy around.

Rooms are small but taking into account the price you pay.. it's more than fair

Bed was comfy Bathroom was clean At the end of the day... If you're are looking for a hotel to drop your stuff and sleep well, it is more than enough!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

I noticed a small fan in the wardrobe, then realised that the room was not a/c . . so I probably would not stay here in summer.

Good breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

I couldn't connect the Internet around 11-12 at night (Probably, it was crowded), however, I could connect it in the evening and morning.

The location is good, calm and peaceful. I'm young female and I stayed there alone, I went back to the hotel around 9PM but the place was completely safe. The room is very clean, everything was comfortable to use. Staffs were kind, too. The price is very good for the quality. Excellent hotel. I would like to stay here again when I go to Paris.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

dirty dirty dirty . real dirty and smelling horrible. it was a distgusting room and i get so dissapointed beacuse the reviews seems good and the pictures too. I started inpsecting the room and found dry vommit under our beds linen. Aslo the all linen part of the bed gad short black curly hairs from another person!!!! Bathroom dirty and smelling too. We stayed just 2 nights and we felt so disgusting we di not had any shower at all !!! we were walking on the toes scary to touch anything around us. We used the towels to fix a path in the room so we can walk on without shoes from the one side to the other. rude recepstionist (middle age pakistan guy) weak wifi This hotel ruined my days in Paris.

very close to 2 metro stations. walkable distance to all paris center.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

The bathroom should have a curtain to prevent water from splashing everywhere on the floor when having bath. Pillows was not that comfortable

Breakfast was ok. Location is very good, near all shopping centres and also public transports.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

The breakfast wasn`t so good. Not many options. The bed was short for my boyfriend (1.90cm).

Very good location, close to nice places to eat and 5 min walking from the subway.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

The view (a construction site), the maids making noise. No respect for the customer. The split bedrooms.

The kettle, Nice and clean Pretty new. The quality of the materials. The welcoming staff.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

. . . the bacon and scrambled eggs never seemed to be available at the same time. However, I think that's my only criticism.

I was very happy to have access to the computer during my stay. A good selection at breakfast but . . .

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Well, you can easily hear what your neighbours are doing, but forget this: most of our stay everyone next door were extremely calm, even a couple with a child. Perfect for it's money.

Nice breakfasts (eggs, beacon, whatever you like), but get up early or you won't get anything. Very convinient: I booked the room without breakfasts and just payed for a couple of them when needed. Perfect! Nice beds. Really quiet. 2 metro stations (2 different lines) in a couple of minutes walk. Two Franprix, Carrefour and Monoprix just round the corner. MacDo and a lot of other caffee.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Very conveniently located just next to the metro station Place d'Italie in the 13th. It is a relatively quiet neighbourhood at the same time being easily accessible from downtown by the public transport in just 15-20 mins. Close to many excellent restaurants and food joints. The room was comfortable and well heated. The bathroom was large and clean. The breakfast was decent for the price. Overall, we were extremely satisfied and would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

It's not worth it even thinking of wasting your money on it They even didn't make any effort to change the outside board which was not working The room was the smallest ever and the staff didn't mind the don't disturb sign we kept and went inside which is dangerous if you are keeping anything outside

It's near a mall and transport stations

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Two Connecting Double Rooms

Rooms were small but mainly there was a lot of building noise - We could hear people talking in nearby rooms almost clearly and toilets and showers running easily. No real room to unpack for two big travel bags in the rooms.

Close to Metro, 24/7 reception and clean towels and bed making daily.

Excellent stay. Very nice location that have most varieties of restaurants (Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Italian, Indian). Very close to the Metro stations and super markets. All basic amenities are present.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Some paints (wall, bathtub) started to aged, but it's minor.

Staff were nice and patient. Rooms are well-equipped : bathtub + kettle. We liked the small light at the edge of the bedroom.

Browse Kyriad Hotel XIII Italie Gobelins traveller photo gallery