Reviews of Hôtel Carré Vieux Port 3 stars

6, Rue Beauvau, 13001 Marseille, France

#30 of 107 hotels in Marseille

Amazing staff at great hotel.

There was nothing to dislike.

The reception staff at this hotel are some of the friendliest I have ever encountered. The location of the hotel could not be better, very close to the port, restaurants, transport etc. Would definitely stay here again.

Superb location, very friendly staff.
    • Comfort Double Room

Nothing. The rooms were a lot smaller than we expected but we got used to that. They will also struggle to sell breakfasts for €12 when it is available for less in a lovely cafe in a sunny square just round the corner

Superb location, very friendly staff. Clean

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

We booked this hotel after a rough one night stay in a...
    • Comfort Double Room

Breakfast could be better. We thought it lacked a selection of hot foods. The room is small but I think it applies to most hotels in Vieux Port.

We booked this hotel after a rough one night stay in a nearby airbnb. In the morning we checked out and headed to Carré Vieux Port. The staff were very friendly and they kept our luggage till our check in time. The room was comfortable with everything you need. Everyone was super helpful and nice.

Everything was just perfect!
    • Superior Double Room with Shower

Everything was just perfect! Location, personnel of the hotel, room's size and extreme cleanliness - if were to choose a hotel for our stay in Marseille again, it would be Carré Vieux Port for sure!!!

Central location in Marseille
    • Superior Triple Room with Bath

The bathroom was very small, when showering the whole bathroom floor would get wet. It would have been better to have a curtain, or something to avoid spilling of the water. Last, you must give your key of the room every time you leave, however staff is not too strict when returning the keys. For security reasons I believe this could be improved.

This location is very central located, with everything nearby to walk or take public transport.

The hotel was very well situated and the staff were helpful.
    • Comfort Double Room

The room we stayed in was very small and dark. Found it inconvenient to having to hand our room key in at reception every time we left the hotel.

The hotel was very well situated and the staff were helpful.

Avoid

Unacceptable
    • Superior Twin Room with Bath

- Bathroom amenities, difficult to use cube shampoo and shower gel - there were only two plugs, and both not at the bed, which is very inconvenient to charge or work - when “do not disturb” note on the door, it means no knocking and entering whether a guest is inside or away. I was away, housekeeping ignored the sign and entered my room. And knocking at the door in the morning is also annoying, if I need towel, I will ask - after cleaning the room, I found a woman ring on the table, where I had only my belongings - when I arrived late at night at the reception to pick up a key, there were on one, except one more guest, waiting for a receptionist. After 10 min of waiting, there was no other choice than to climb over the reception and get keys by ourselves - the worst thing happened when I was leaving for dining out and asked if I can extend my stay for one more night. They confirmed it was available and I didn’t have to worry. I came back late at night, there was no one at the reception, I took the key myself and went to sleep. At 12:00 I’ve had a call in impolite manner to leave the room. Despite they confirmed me extension earlier, they were fully booked. So I had to grab all my stuff, threw into my suitcase and turned out on the street

Central location

An average good value hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Shower

The rooms are very small. Breakfast was average quality, with coffee from the self service - machine, terrible quality for 12 euro per person.

Rooms were very quiet.

Top choice for stay in Marseille.
    • Comfort Double Room

The breakfast could be a bit better. I think better ti go to one of the many cafes very nearby for greter variety and value.

Staff go out of their way to help and were very knowledgeable about local info. Great decor, interesting artwork all around hotel. Ideal location.

If your destination is precisely Vieux Port (the old port),...
    • Comfort Single Room

If your destination is precisely Vieux Port (the old port), then the hotel is perfectly located. BUT, if you are traveling on your own like i did, you will not find the old port and surrounding very safe at night on a week day. So if you are visiting Marseille for a a night or two, just for sightseeing and shopping, I would suggest avoiding the area.

Excellent location and staff.
    • Superior Double Room with Shower

No shower walls or curtains in the bathroom caused water to flow everywhere. It was not easy to keep one's feet dry.

Location, Staff and Value were excellent.

Great location and good breakfast.
    • Comfort Double Room

The double bedroom was small and dark.

The hotel is very well located. We received a pleasant welcome. The room was small but very clean and quiet. Bed was comfortable. There was a good selection at breakfast.

Way too small
    • Comfort Double Room

Incredibly small. So much so that we could not even function.

The staff was really helpful, friendly and genuinely cared about giving good dining and sightseeing tips.

Location wonderful. Hotel.....the worst I've ever stayed in.
    • Comfort Double Room

The hotel was not as described. The rooms were very small. Hot. ( A/C didn't work! ) The rooms were old and the decor old. The towels in the bathroom were old and tatty. The outside noise was SO loud. It was very bad value for money! The Radisson Blu was the same price and much better. The wifi didn't work in the rooms. The rooms were not as clean as they could have been. There was a horrid smell of sick in the hall way. I will not stay at this hotel again. Too expensive for such poor quality

Location was wonderful. Not even 30 seconds to the old port. The staff at the hotel were VERY nice and polite.

Excellent location with a good breakfast
    • Comfort Double Room

Ask for a room in 5th floor, so you can get some light from the sky. Window was not so big.

The Location is excellent. Breakfast was very good. The staff was very friendly, except the room cleaner until I gave her 5€ as a 'compliment'.

If you want to be in the heart of Marsaille book this hotel.
    • Superior Double Room with Shower

The price, I thought was a little excessive for the small room we had. I though 12 euros for breakfast was too expensive as well.

The location was great. The staff very helpful.

An excellent stay very near to the Vieux Port
    • Superior Twin Room with Bath

The bathtub border is a bit high, which will make it difficult for people with less mobility to climb (it was ok for us, though!).

The location of the hotel is great, really close to the Vieux Port and to its metro station. The staff is very kind and friendly and allowed us to check-in earlier than it was supposed to. The room wasn't very big but it was definitely cozy and the beds/pillows were super comfortable. The breakfast has some variety and everything is really fresh and delicious. On our check-out day they kept our luggage for several hours so we could enjoy the last day. My friend and I loved our stay in here!

Great location, convenient parking close to hotel. Enjoyed the closeness of the view port
    • Comfort Twin Room

The room was to small for two people. There was no soap or shampoo in the bathroom

location was excellent. The room was okay, small for two people. The view was non-existent, but the noise was not bad.

Good value - pleasant stay

Nothing really - it ticked all the boxes for a value for money, centrally situated tourist hotel.

Small hotel - situated just a couple of hundred yards from the Old Port. Wasn't noisy, room was simple but comfortable. Didn't take breakfast so can't comment. Staff very helpful and friendly - and spoke good English.

Location, price and staff all great.
    • Superior Double Room with Bath

Great location, nice staff - the room was a good size but the bathroom was tiny!! For the price we paid, I've got no complaints at all - we paid for what we got and would stay again.

Great hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

The only thing that was a bit confusing - a very small window and a strange view. But we didn't spend much time in the room, so we didn't pay much attention to it.

Very clean hotel in a gorgeous place. The room is simple, but you have all you need there and it is really clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Special thanks to the night staff - an amiable person ) The hotel is in the heart of the Vieux Port, 3 minutes walk from the metro station and two metro stations from the railway station. All the cafes, restaurants and shops are one minute walk. The boats to Calanques are also 3 minutes walk, near the metro station. Well, come on, everything is nearby - it is the center of the center. Probably, would like to stay there again.

The Staff with genial smile of attitude made us felt nice.
    • Superior Double Room with Bath

The Staff with genial smile of attitude made us felt nice. The room is clean and comfortable . And most important of the points is the location fits our requirements.Not only nearby the old seaport and lively site but not any noisy from outside.

Overnight visit
    • Comfort Double Room

The room and bathroom was very small with no view.

Close proximaty to the old port. Near the action/ restaurants.close to public transportation. Good aircon

Pleasant place
    • Comfort Double Room

The step into the shower is rather high.

There is a lift. Breakfast freshly prepared. Other meals to order. Walk out of the hotel and you have the metro and the port. Everything in walking distance.

Perfect location and lovely staff in reception
    • Superior Single Room with Shower

The wifi did not work in my room

I could open my windows and hear the music from the port. Excellent double glazing made the room very quiet. The room is fitted to a high standard

excellent location and friendly stuff.

small room, carton cups in the room and plastic cups in the toilet

excellent location and friendly stuff. no minibar and the double room was very tied.

Not what we saw online!!!

The rooms looked nothing like it was shown online. The rooms were tiny, they looked like a cheap cabin in a Cruise Ship! Our family had to be separated. I booked because it said that it was conjoined rooms. When we got there there were just tiny rooms next to one another!!!! We had to separate to sleep with the children! The bathrooms were uncomfortable to even sit and pee. Very unhappy with stay!

The area it was located.

Modern boutique hotel in great location

Rooms, although perfectly adequate, were a little on the small side. Smallest of complaints, didn't affect our stay.

Amazing location, one road behind the main port front and adjacent to main roads for shopping, bars and restaurants. Hotel very well decorated and furnished. Rooms immaculate. Bed very comfortable. Staff very helpful, polite and spoke very good english.

One night in Marseille
    • Superior Twin Room with Bath

It was a superior room, but the bathroom was very small and the room did not even have a proper street view, so there was very very little natural light.

Very friendly staff, central hotel, big room, air conditioning and super comfy beds

This is the perfect hotel for Vieux Port
    • Comfort Single Room

Everything! It's so conveniently located yet quiet. Staff is SO helpful and pleasant! Room was fine- clean and well appointed. I have no complaints.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Excellent location and friendly staff
    • Superior Single Room with Bath

Rooms overlooking the courtyard are dark Breakfast pretty mediocre and therefore pricey

Staff very friendly and helpful Helped us change rooms which initially were pretty dismal and dark Hotel slightly overpriced possibly due to its excellent location

Nice, Clean and centrally located

Small rooms

The best thing about this hotel is it's extremely friendly staff. We are vegetarians so they were very helpful with restaurant recommendations. The hotel was very clean. Breakfast buffet was excellent, even for us vegetarians. Rooms are on the small side, but isn't that true of most hotels in Europe. Very good location.

Great central location and staff
    • Superior Double Room with Shower

The room was a little too small.

The staff is excellent. Very friendly and willing to help with restaurant recommendations.The breakfast buffet is wonderful. It's in a great location. Within walking distance to all of the local sights.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Great location and not expensive
    • Superior Single Room with Bath

The rooms are very dark and the view is not nice, since it looks on other buildings with very little or almost no day light.

The location of the hotel is perfect, because it is in the very city centre. The staff is very friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Clean, quiet and a good location
    • Superior Double Room with Bath

Rooms are dark with gloomy decor and I found the bed a bit too soft but my partner liked it.

Clean, quiet and a good location 2 pillows each, no need to ask for an extra Tea making facilities in the room

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Very good location and confortable rooms
    • Superior Triple Room with Bath

Smelt a little bit weird in the room. Like plastic smell... but nothing annoying.

Such a perfect location in Marseille. Can't be any closer to the old Port. Plenty of restaurants, cafe, shops around. Staff were very helpful and always welcoming. Rooms very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Marseille is amazing but not the hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Bath

Small rooms, there are no safe boxes. Maids stole our money while we had breakfast just before departure. Staff did not help to solve this. Be careful.

The hotel has a really good location.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Excellent hotel
    • Superior Single Room with Shower

My room was a little noisy

The location is amazing!!!! few steps from the views port metro station, 1 block from the port, restaurants and shops everywhere. People at the hotel are very nice and try to help you always

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Long Birthday Weekend
    • Comfort Double Room

Breakfast selection could have been better

Room was really clean, bed very comfortable, shower was great and staff really friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great value and location for the old port.

Clean, easy check-in & helpful staff

Excellent breakfast and location!

Bathroom without window.

Excellent breakfast and location!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

A lovely stay in a friendly hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

The location of the hotel so close to the Vieux Port, restaurants, the old Panier neighbourhood. A very good base.

• Comfort Double Room

Friendly and helpful staff, excellent location close to Vieux Port, restaurants, and metro station close by. Very good breakfast selection

Wonderful place, wonderful location.

wonderful location.

Great service!

The room is very small

Great service!

The position

The position

The location is exellent!
    • Superior Double Room with Bath

You hear your neighbours talking as they arenin your room!

The location is exellent!

excellent location
    • Superior Single Room with Shower

bedding too soft, a bit overpriced for the general atmosphere

excellent location

位置最好

位置最好

Choosemarseille 🏖☀️👍

Choosemarseille 🏖☀️👍

Great position, friendly staff.

Internal room was claustrophobic

Great position, friendly staff.

Excellent location, nice clean rooms!
    • Comfort Double Room

Don’t forget to leave your keys at reception when heading out for the day or night.

Excellent location, nice clean rooms!

internet on the 4th floor

internet on the 4th floor

Great location, clean comfortable room... On the small side, but good value for the money
    • Superior Double Room with Shower

Great location, comfortable bed if you're staying a week,

Room size was uncomfortably small. No room for clothes. Storage

Breakfast excellent

Good location but terrible rooms
    • Comfort Double Room

The room was so small and there was hardly a window. Felt like you were staying in a cave.

Great location and the staff were really friendly.

Location is perfect

Location is perfect

Very enjoyable stay at the Carré Hôtel Vieux Port.
    • Superior Double Room with Shower

The decoration of the lobby.

Excellent location, good breakfast, quiet room and friendly staff.

Nice little clean hotel
    • Comfort Single Room

There was no complementary water in the room.

Clean room and excellent location

Short week end in marseille

Terrible breakfast

Terrific location. Clean and comfortable room. Nice good hotel. Helpful and smiling staff

Small but modern and clean
    • Comfort Single Room

The breakfast was too French (sweets etc), missed more variety to out in your bread

Small but modern and clean

The location is perfect .
    • Comfort Double Room

The bathroom is clean and everything but its very small

The location is perfect . Room is very clean but very small

A cozy hotel in the Old port of Marseille!
    • Comfort Single Room

A bit small room_not enough space to open the luggage

Location, Staff, facilities, express breakfast

Good clean comfortable hotel for travellers seeking value for money and nice staff

Not enough milk tea coffee in rooms but this is a very minor criticism

Great friendly staff ,good location ,clean rooms good value

Good hotel for location and confortable room.
    • Comfort Double Room

Breakfast was poor in terms of choice and service.

Location is very good and the Hotel is generally ok.

friendly and clean place
    • Comfort Twin Room

people sreaming in the street during the night, it was friday by the way!!

everything...

Nice staff.
    • Superior Triple Room with Bath

Nice staff. Clean rooms. great location.

tiny room.
    • Comfort Double Room

tiny room. For ~100 euros I expected room a little bigger, than toy house.

No parking and our room wasn't nice.

Convenient to old port, double room pleasent

Convenient to old port, double room pleasent

• Superior Triple Room with Bath

Fair price for such a good location near the Vieux Port!

Supper location