Reviews of Villa Margaux Opéra Montmartre 3 stars

23, Rue Henry Monnier, 9th arr., 75009 Paris, France

#1218 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The view from the 6th floor street facing was nice but...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This was by far one of the worse hotels we’ve stayed in for the price. It was very small, broken couch, no air conditioning, shower doors wouldn’t stay close and the shower was smaller than small. If you dropped your soap you couldn’t bend over to pick it up. Don’t bother with the breakfast it’s cold cuts, cheese and bread. And it’s appears to be left out overnight.

The view from the 6th floor street facing was nice but without AC it was extremely noisy.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

• Standard Double or Twin Room

bedroom did not have all the features it claimed to have when booking. also there was a noise that repeated every few minutes every night, no idea what is was. walls are paper thin...i could hear the person in the next room talking on the phone as she wasn't talking loud.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The room condition is good.
    • Comfort Room

the place of hotel is located at 9 area, where A lots of pubs located near the hotel. when you reservate to room of hotel, you should keep deposit like 50% of price of room then when you check out they will refund so it is little bit annoying.

The room condition is good.

The location is brilliant for the moulin rouge and there are...

I booked through booking.com and was told I would get free early check in and free late check out being a genius member. I contacted the hotel before hand about this and it was never granted. I booked three triple rooms and one twin. I requested an extra bed to be put in the twin room. We were given two rooms with a double and converted sofa bed. 2 rooms with a camp bed and double. Again not what I had requested. The camp beds were awful and had no bedding. I booked the room and requested to pay as I booked which appeared on the statement and was then told I needed to pay again as this was a pre payment which was going to be given back to me which doesn’t make any sense to me.

The location is brilliant for the moulin rouge and there are two train stations within close proximity. The hotel is quite clean and tidy and the proper beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Lovely stay
    • Comfort Room

The Patio area wasn't great and it was a pity there was no bar.Hairdryer wasn't fixed when informed staff

Nice location close to metro.Staff nice and rooms / bathroom nicely decorated and clean

Great value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room and the bathroom was not really spacious but OK.

The staff was great!!!!! They were all very kind and helpfull, friendly and professional as well!!!!! Very clean room. Great breakfast. Free coffee at the lobby all day.

Good location, nice reception and clean room.
    • Comfort Room

We are from an Asian country there we always have clean slippers in the hotels and this time I tried to ask some but was turned down in a rude way, well I took it as a rude way but it could be the difference of the culture maybe he didn’t mean rude. I get it now that it’s not so common to have slippers in hotels in France, but he could be nicer

Good location, nice reception and clean room. Not much can be complained.

Great location , good staff except for breakfast waitress .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Little things frustrating, door keys often don’t work , not always enough towels or soap replacement. Sensed staff dealing with tight ass owners , not wanting to spend . On last day , kitchen waitress not at work , guy in reception had to handle reception and as waiter in kitchen on diffferent floors at same time . He did a great job with a smile but seriously this is not good enough )) felt sorry for him .

Location great

Given the amazing location of this hotel it is okay to have...

Very, very small rooms, tiny bathroom and staff that is not very security aware. We could habe just taken any suitcase out of the storage as we walked in (not being challenged) and our room card was lying open on the front desk with the number on it so anybody could have taken it...

Given the amazing location of this hotel it is okay to have some noise on the street :)

Decent stay, good value for money.
    • Interconnecting Room

Two single beds combined to make a double bed. The two cots shifted and separated often. The safety lockers we're broken.

Cleanliness, friendly staff, proximity to attractions, reasonable tarrifs.

Very disappointing. Will never go there again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very poor room. The shower was so small (2' x 2') we could hardly get in to it and it was very dirty. Beds were small. Wardrobe door wouldn't work. Fridge not plugged in. Safe was not available for use. We had to ask for towels each day and for tissues and for toilet paper - all provided when we asked. One day we had no room service at all. Our friends had a similar room which was not much better although their shower was slightly larger. Service (or lack of it) was the same.,

Not much. Receptionist was helpful in booking taxi back to the airport. Air conditioning worked well.

The hotel is located in a great neighborhood.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very small. Poor sound isolation. No floor heating in the bathroom due to which it was very very cold. The bathroom was also very small. Wifi was quite slow.

The hotel is located in a great neighborhood. Everything is very close by. Easy access to the metro. Lots of nearby cafes and restaurants. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast was okay.

Location great, just needs a few housekeeping refinements.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A few housekeeping issues, the fridge only worked when the key was in the room, we had another guest walk into the room while we were in bed - their key/room had been incorrectly set, hairs on the bed.

The location is great, easy to get to, easy access to Metro, Moulin Rouge, Sacre Coeur and if you don’t mind the walk to the Louvre. Plenty of restaurants around within easy walking distance.

Disappointing stay at this hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was tiny and should be advertised as a single room NOT a double. There was a small fridge in the room, which was dirty & didn't work. The bathroom was so small you could barely move in it, and once you were in the shower there was no room to move, It too was very dirty. The lift was about 2 metres from the room, at night you heard the constant drone of the lift going up & down. The morning was even worse with everyone using it to go down to the basement for breakfast & the cleaners using it to get to the rooms. There is no facilities to make tea or coffee in the room. Over all a very disappointing stay at this hotel.

The staff were nice & helpful. The location of the hotel was close to the metro.

Mohammad at reservation desk was a realy nice and friendly...

My room was not ready at 4 pm ! I had to change my room because the radiator was out of order !

Mohammad at reservation desk was a realy nice and friendly person

Previously before we got this place, we had a nasty hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Previously before we got this place, we had a nasty hotel. Coming here last minute was a pleasant Surprise. It was nearby a lot of places. Staff was super nice. They even let us borrow their personal adapter because we had the wrong one. I give this place a high rating. Nice and cozy :) thanks for the great experience!

Good for a short stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Whilst the bathroom and sheets were clean, the rest of the room could do with a bit more attention. The fridge was quite dirty and there was also a lots of dirt and dust around the edges of the room. The walls are also quite thin so we could hear people coming and going in the corridor and also noise from the next room.

Great location for Montmartre and lots of restaurants near by. Room was small but good enough if you're staying for a short trip and the room had a nice little balcony. We went to Disneyland for the day and since the tube is only 4 mins walk away it was super easy to get there (took about an hour in total).

It's a good 3* hotel in Paris.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Some of the rooms are very small. The biggest problem is with the bathroom door, a glass sliding door ! Not to many facilities , but this is a 3* hotel in Paris! If you have a car, the parking on the street can be hard to find.

It's a good 3* hotel in Paris. Good price for what you get. Good location, near some tourist attraction - Moulin Rouge, Sacre Coeur. Near the Metro station and the main street with many places to eat. The hotel staff was polite and helpfull! Free, working, wi-fi.

It's a good 3* hotel in Paris.

Not what we realy were hoping
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything else. The room was dirty and the Wi-Fi was not realy working. The lift was so noising that we could hear from the room.

Where the room is localized

Hotel was great, nice place close to the train station,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

we have problem with the towels no clean towels for two days.

Hotel was great, nice place close to the train station, staff was very kindly, rooms was clean, I recommend the hotel.

Absolutely amazing, the staff were so helpful and lovely!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Absolutely amazing, the staff were so helpful and lovely! And it was in a great location with a 2 minute walk from the metro, I honestly couldn't praise this hotel more!

Perfect for a few days
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There weren't many facilities in our room and the breakfast wasn't good.

I love the location to everything. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was perfect for the few days we were there

Rude staff & service

Staff was very rude at check in. I checked out today & yesterday the reception is already telling us that the check out is yesterday (10/7) when its actually 11/7. And I sense a bit of dodgy-ness as they didnt give an invoice of my stay until now when they said they will email us. Shampoo & soaps wasnt enough for 3 people sharing triple room. One day the towel wasnt ready and the reception asked us to come downstairs to take it. Today I checked out and I might have left my bracelet and so I called, the reception was very rude saying that it was not there and hang up straught away. The worst experience of staying in a hotel that I have ever had. No receipts, overcharged for an extra bed that was supposed to only cost €25/night as my brother is 11 and thy charged €30.

Clean

I definitely won't go this hotel again.
    • Comfort Room

I definitely won't go this hotel again.I go travel with my parents and little sister in Paris.when we checked in,there was no towel and the shampoo box was empty.The room also smelled not fresh.Especially the attitude of the staff(of the picture) was awful and not polite at all.I reserve 3 person to live,but finally we have a child to go with us,and according to the policy of the hotel ,one plus child charge 25 euros per night ,but this awful staff told me,it's impossible to check in for us if we have one more child,only if we book one new room.When I have a conversation with him,finally ,he charge us plus 80 euros for our one more child.Then I show the policy to him,but him told me with a bad attitude:you have to pay 80 euros more,otherwise you can go other hotel.yes,I definitely won't go this hotel again .

Breakfast was really good - much better than any other ever...
    • Interconnecting Room

Breakfast was really good - much better than any other ever experienced in Paris in similar type of accommodation. Wide choice, good coffee. Location good, close to Pigalle metro station, area full of affordable restaurants and bars, grocery and other shops in the neighborhood. Staff friendly. We were satisfied with our stay.

Best for a short stay on your own whilst visiting Montmartre
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was tiny, too small for 2 people. the shower would be hard for a male to use its so small. No basic facilities provided eg kettle, the airport transfers did not show up, the hotel would not call me back on my mobile when calling to ask where the transfer was. No check in prior to2pm. The food at breakfast was in poor condition the hot water was filled with vinegar or something. Dirty dishes remained in the courtyard our whole stay. And the room card needed resetting which seemed to not be a surprise to staff.

The design looked modern, the staff friendly and located in walking distance to Opera, Moulin Rouge etc. crossaints were lovely.

bed was comfy .
    • Comfort Room

could have done with air conditioning and facilities for tea and coffee ... also fridge was not cold enough to have water or juice in it ...

bed was comfy .breakfast was lovely apart from 2 days of no hot water for tea . room was clean. staff were friendly and very helpful

DO NOT GO THERE!!

This is not a 3 star Hotel!! No food / drinks at the place. Shower was very small, had trouble getting in it. Was not up the the advertised standard. Very disappointed in the quality of the service and accommodation. Would not recommend it to anyone!!

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

it could be much better, on internet seems to be very good, but it is not!

the staff was not too good because there was a mistake about our room. We have booked a comfort and large room, but it was not available the first night and the man was not able to handle or solve the question! The badroom is unfortunatelly not good, too small and with mould on the floor and wall on the shower. The babybed for our child came without duvet (cover). The quality of the bed was not good, maybe for one night but not more. the single room for my father was too small, almost no place to take a shower!

The location was good, the bars and it is close to subway station

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

We had paid for breakfast but on the second morning we went...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had paid for breakfast but on the second morning we went for breakfast at 9.15 to find no clean tables and no bread, milk, eggs or croissants left. All that was left was cereal but had to ask for some milk to go with it. We were very disappointed

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

location, good price (including simple but nice breakfast)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

staff was average (which seems to be standard in France) and bed could be more confortable. Also there were construction works in the building.

location, good price (including simple but nice breakfast)

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

A good hotel for young people
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Little room, not enough light in the bathroom(girls try to bring a small mirror for ur make-up! I did mine in the bathroom and was terrified when i saw myself in light haha) Doors too noisy. For the breakfast the personel it is not too trained. They don't know how to use the coffe machine! For the wifi we had problems connecting as the connection is not secured. The location is ok. Animated streets. We were lucky to be tired enough so we did't hear the noise.

Good breakfast and loving the idea of room for lugagge! We could leave it there both coming and leaving (we had several hours untill our bus)

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Not impressed!
    • Comfort Room

The photographer was really talented because the rooms look much bigger in the photos than in real life. It felt like we were living in a closet. The bathroom had a glass door that rolls and is very noisy. There is a train that runs and makes the building vibrate. Our window showed to another building a few meters away, we had to keep our curtains closed. The reception is not very welcoming and informative. We were not even told where the breakfast area was. The area is not nice for families (red light district). The heating was leaking water. It does not live up to the 3 start standard.

For the price, the breakfast was relatively good.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Perfect stay for a short trip. Central to station and food
    • Interconnecting Room

The walls were very thin, could hear a lot. Also the bathroom was very cramped; shower. Im quite tall so had to crouch a little inside to use.

The location was very central for food, and also transport. Got to tower within 20 minutes, perfect! Also friendly staff, specially the guy checking us in and the one who helped when I locked myself out.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

kind staff

uncomfy bed, rooms not soundproof at all, worn out, narrow corridors, breakfast acceptable not recommended, bad value for money, look for alternative

kind staff

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Did not entirely meet my expectation.
    • Comfort Room

Did not entirely meet my expectation.

I will come back, it was a very good decision to choose this place.
    • Comfort Room

Very good breakfast, nice dining room, every day cleaning, very kind, helpful staff.

Locations

Locations

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Perfect location. Clean hotel. Friendly staff. Just excellent !
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff member named Mo Mo had brilliant customer service and was very welcoming , friendly and helpful throughout our stay!!

Paris at Pigalle
    • Comfort Room

There wasn't bidet in the bathroom

Cleaned and in a good position

Brightness of the room, and quite spacious !
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No AC, the room was in the roof, it was very hot ...

Brightness of the room, and quite spacious !

Problems with internet, and night stuff wasnt good

Problems with internet, and night stuff wasnt good

Great location, friendly staff, good value for money

The street was a bit noisy first thing in the morning.

Great location, friendly staff, good value for money

Lovely front desk staff.

Lovely front desk staff. Small room and bathroom but very clean. Super close to Metro.

There are better options, don't waste your time & money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff is loud and rude. The room card key doesn't work. The walls are so thin I can hear my neighbours breath.

That it's in paris

Good location, near Pigalle so Montmartre & Galleries...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff was OK but not so friendly.

Good location, near Pigalle so Montmartre & Galleries Lafayette are easily accessible by foot.

It was an amazing city to visit

It was easy to get to attractions from here

Breakfast was great and the employees were helpful and nice!
    • Comfort Room

The quality of the room was poor!

Breakfast was great and the employees were helpful and nice!

Great location, very helpful staff in reception.
    • Comfort Room

Breakfast was nice but would of liked a bit more selection.

Great location, very helpful staff in reception.

Location was good and staff friendly
    • Comfort Room

Breakfast was poor, understaffed and with limited choice

Location was good and staff friendly

it wasnt very clean the shower that is

it wasnt very clean the shower that is

Staff was very friendly and helpful
    • Comfort Room

They didn't change the sheet for towels daily. They just folded the used towels and hung them up...

Staff was very friendly and helpful

Lovely hotel would, good location, would use again
    • Interconnecting Room

Staff all very helpful and lovely, felt well looked after

Very clean. Comfortable. Friendly
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very clean. Comfortable. Friendly!

Good location.

Help with the bags since we had 2 big ones

It had AC which means so much if summer.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Good place for 2-3 nights
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very noisy at the morning (street cleaning) and metro

Good place for 2-3 nights

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Comfortable, friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Bad experience

Not that far from the metro station. Small and simple room, asked for a quiet room but still noisy. The bed is not comfortable.

Not same as photos mentioned
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower area very tiny.

I like the location convenience, easy find metro, bus, eat and shopping. You can around by walk.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Short stay in Paris
    • Comfort Room

Good location, friendly staff, clean

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Nice hotel, good location and brekfast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had two beds, thst have sliding apart, only 1 towel ;-)

Quiet, brekfast.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Bathroom too small

Location, near Metro's Line 2 and 12, good neighborhood for food, drink

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Location fantastic.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No tea or coffee making facilities in rooms.

Location fantastic. Friendly accommodating staff.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

The view from the room we were upgraded to was beautiful,...

The hotel is above a metro line and we had to ask twice for towels to be put in our room.

The view from the room we were upgraded to was beautiful, you could see the Sacre Coeur.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

Clean and tidy room, friendly staff.

Typically Parisian, the rooms are not particularly spacious - even I struggled to fit in the toilet and shower (being 1.7m), and a taller woman or a normal size man would find it even worse. The lift is in the middle of the hotel; I am not sure if it was only on the top floor but every time it moved the sound was close to a waterfall.

Clean and tidy room, friendly staff. Location - walkable to most amenities.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

Good location and hotel was fair for Paris.

The description was not accurate. There was no balcony or alarm clock. The cup in the bathroom was very dirty and bottles of shampoo appeared on the second day however were only half full so had been partly used by another guest.

Good location and hotel was fair for Paris.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

The bed was comfortable, and the experienced Haitian maid...

After we checked in, we found no towels, a burnt-out bulb in one of two bathroom sockets, a non-working refrigerator blocking use of the desk, and a leaky radiator. The bulb was fixed promptly, the towels were delivered, and the frig removed. The leaking radiator persisted throughout the 3 days we were there. The sliding glass bathroom door was misadjusted and fell off its track repeatedly. The shower fixture was very hard to use. The pillows were almost unbearable. Overall, this hotel needs a lot of attention to bring it up to standard for an alleged three-stay facility. Our room had absolutely no view and we felt claustrophobic. The neighborhood is nice, with several good restaurants just down the street on the square, and the 67 bus stop (great bus line) is just outside the hotel.

The bed was comfortable, and the experienced Haitian maid very nice and competent.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Supper friendly staff, always willing to help with...

It is a bit noise with the Metro being so close.

Supper friendly staff, always willing to help with directions and staff, small room tiny bathroom but, since it was only me it was just fine, wifi worked fine, close to restaurants and little stores where you can buy water and snacks way cheaper than what you'll pay close to attractions.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

reception day staff were friendly

the hot water took about 5 minutes to warm up we were locked outside for 10 minutes on sunday night you can hear everything that happens walls were3 extremely thin

reception day staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

The rooms are well equipped, the wifi works great, the...

Too bad there was no fresh fruit at breakfast.

The rooms are well equipped, the wifi works great, the bathroom is new. The hotel has a nice little garden (when it's not too cold). Good location.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2016

Good and helpful staff and a great location of the hotel...

There aren't a lot of facilities, and sometimes it's a bit noisy outside.

Good and helpful staff and a great location of the hotel itself! A good price to quality ratio as well.

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

The staff was good, helped give us directions to the airport.

The location was very far from the centre although we are young and can walk it's not central. The metro ran right underneath and so you could hear it go by. The room was not as nice as it seemed in the pictures, we were disappointed

The staff was good, helped give us directions to the airport.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

Very clean and well located for the price.

The small room we had was fine but the only thing that separated the toilet from the bedroom was a glass sliding door. Not best for the first romantic trip away haha

Very clean and well located for the price.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Hotel was convenient location but a little noisy.

Room was a little noisy due to street noise but not that bad!

Hotel was convenient location but a little noisy. Clean rooms with all you would expect but quite small. Perfect for our needs and the staff were helpful and friendly! We walked there from Eurostar. Metro was close by and we also walked to opera for dinner.

There are also 43 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Villa Margaux Opéra Montmartre traveller photo gallery