Reviews of L’Hotel Pergolèse Paris 4 stars

3 Rue Pergolese, 16th arr., 75116 Paris, France

#682 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Tha shower in the bath was a little difficult to get good, consistent temperature. I would prefer the taps at end rather than centre and a shower cubicle rather that over the bath, but that’s just me. I’m sure my wife would prefer the bath 😁

Great breakfast choice and flavour, beds are comfortable and facilities clean and pretty well maintained for a city centre property. Would use again...

Room wasn't cleaned upon arrival. And it was 15:00pm. Sink and bathtub were blocked. City tax were much higher than stated on booking page.

Location is very good.

Je viens de commenter dessus

The best thing about the hotel is its location, they should pay more attention to deliver a room that everything works because, in our case until the other dar they fixed the servi bar and the air aconditioning never worked and it was very hot so we left the windows open and then there was a lot of noise, the reception girls very friendly both and especially Edith is extremely kind, with an EXCELLENT ATTITUDE and DISPOSITION ( very important when dealing with people) also speaks three languages ( english, french anda spanish ) in how much cleaning is URGENT to clean the tiles, it is not critical, it is an opinion to improve these points

The smell in corridors and lift, awful. They really have to fix it. Air con really tricky to set up, the room was so hot at night so impossible to sleep. I didn't appreciate the fact that my room has been sold to me on Booking.com as with balcony. That was not true. I don't know who to blame for that. Also the room's photos on the website, especially the bathroom, are not accurate for the Superior room. Smaller in reality.

The location is one of the best you can get in Paris. Only 10 mins walk to Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysees. The tube station next to the hotel brings you to Louvre in less than 15 min straight. The room was clean, of good size and staff friendly and helpful. Requests like iron have been done quickly. They can store your luggages too after check out.

• Family Apartment

There was a horrible smell of drains that made travelling in the lift unbearable. The stairwell was also impassable without gagging. No offer of any compensation, and each person at reception offered a different explanation as to where the smell was coming from.

Rude, unhelpful staff. We had a mix up in dates and because our reservation was non refundable, they didn’t help us at all and couldn’t even take the last night off so we were forced to spend Easter at the crapiest hotel on earth. Noisy as hell, unclean and really smelly. I’m talking about sewage smelly in the elevator and stairs, it was hard not to throw up. We had to change our room because apparently the cheapest ones are on the first floor and there was no sound proofing so we heard everything. Doors slamming throughout the night and people drunk and laughing in the corridors. For a time, I actually felt unsafe. I of course complained the next day and apparently it was my fault for not calling the reception. Even though the receptionist was rude and unwelcoming. No sympathy at all or understanding from the hotel manager. It was a nightmare. While walking through the neighborhood we found hotels that are cheaper and look much better and newer. This disgusting hotel looked like apartments before they changed it. Only the location was acceptable but even that wasn’t good enough. NEVER AGAIN.

outlets for hair straightner in bathroom were missing, also for phones on bedside. Also the lights were not bright enough. everything else was good.

But the staff were very confused in returning the deposit (they don’t inform each other) and they don’t know what’s around the area such as local shops and others except one next to them

The hotel was pretty good to stay for short time.

Did not feel like a hotel to me. It seems any space is being considered a hotel.

Not a bad place to stay if you would want a place for the night. But for 4 nights....

Rather small room and very narrow corridors leading to it. Smelly elevator.

Convenient location, next to a Metro Line 1 station and 300 m. from a RER Line C station.

The pictures make the rooms look very luxurious, but this was a little disappointing in reality. The price is relatively high because of the location.

Perfect bed and great locations

The room was a bit hot and the aircon worked but termostat had no temperature indicator so it took some probing till I could get room to confortable temperature to sleep.

Good location close to Arc de Triomphe, good value overall and room size was good with large bed, seating area and a desk. Did not go for breakfast there but I later see from online pictures I should have as there was not much around to eat.

There was a very bad odour in & around the lift it was as if sewage was leaking You had to hold your breath in the lift it was so bad

Comfortable room good size Bathroom good on of the better ones on are trip

• Family Apartment

The smell in the lift was quite disturbing.

We loved beds and towels. The personnel was very helpful, nice smiling people. That is very important to start a new year!!

Shower, no electric plugs by the beds, breakfast is too expensive

The location was the best aspect, steps away from a pharmacy, restaurant, bakery, supermarket and the famous Arc De Triomphe

By paying about 370 euros for 2 nights, one would expect at least a complementary bottle of water. Nothing, you have to pay it. Very poor breakfast (obviously NOT included), even the buffet at 19 euros. bed was uncomfortable. bed smelling of carpets in stairway and elevator. I would not suggest or coming back in this hotel.

nice position quite room the personnel is very kind

The bathroom had loads of mold, tiles were cracked, shower tap broken and only one light-bulb out of three worked. Another mirror was just on the entrance door were lighting wasn't that great as well. So was hard to put make up etc. Hairdryer very weak power.

Absolutely loved the staff! Very friendly service, willing to go the extra mile for customer satisfaction. We've been provided with city map & to our surprise we found in the room a digital city guide which we could take around with us! Quiet and cosy room, various languages tv channels, coffee machine and spacious cupboard.

The hotel is very old , couldnt sleep well all night doors keeps open and close also the room is very very small ,and there were bo facility

I liked the hotel location it was perect

€1.00 per Nespresso capsule? Two capsules a day should be included in room rate. I am happy to pay €1.00 for any additional ones. The superior room was actually smaller than the standard room that we were kindly moved to on the second day (I had confirmation from booking.com that I had reserved a room with 18m2) the only difference being the absence of Nespresso machine and Ipod dock.

Friendly & efficient receptionists and housekeepers. Nespresso machine in Superior rooms and i-pod dock (needs adaptor for i-phone 6). Soft & fluffy bathrobe & slippers. Spacious bathroom with a bath tub & window. Mobile phone for guests use including free calls, which I didn’t use as I had my own. Complimentary mineral water. Excellent location, easy short walk to L’arc de Triomphe & Champs Elysees. Reception recommended a Restaurant within walking distance ‘la Maison’ which was excellent with authentic French cuisine and friendly service. We were moved from a smaller to a bigger room on day 2, facing the courtyard, as I had proof of booking a 18m2 room. As there was no Nespresso machine in the bigger but standard room and I was still paying for a superior room, I asked for a Nespresso machine and was happy to receive a capsule machine.

Inflexible staff. Dirty bathroom. Moldy room which smelled bad. Made me pay in front even though I wanted to change hotels. They kept my passport. Every time you leave the hotel you have to give the keys to the reception. Treated a friend of mine badly when she wanted to visit! Never going there again.

The hotel is nothing like the 4star or 8.2 rating on Booking.com. The hotel is tired, the rooms extremely small and the furniture is cheap laminate in the bedrooms which requires replacing. The bathroom needed refitting - dirty grouting around the bath. At €190 per night without breakfast it is expensive - the door rate is actually €320! Paris maybe expensive but I'd stayed in the Hyatt 4 star the night previously at less cost. Please look at your star ratings and reset this - 2 star please.

The location, but there are many hotels nearby.

• Family Apartment

A very good property situated in the heart of Paris. Walking distance to some of the great tourist destinations. The hotel caters to holiday makers and is serious about the same. The reception is manned by staff who care. Additionally there is a notice at the reception with the names of staff who speak different languages - this was quite welcoming and comforting for tourists from across the world. The rooms were very comforting and about the average size of hotel rooms in Europe. The breakfast options were quite good as well. I would recommend the hotel for tourists from across the world.

They only had thin sheets and a blanket on the bed, I was freezing, especially as the air-con could not be adjusted. The bathrooms need a re-grouting, in some places it was very disgusting. (Taking a bath, I found myself eye-to-eye with a lot of mildew).

The staff were great. Good location.

Lift is very smal and old

The staff are very kind and helpful special Madam Terrazas ( she is very responsible and kind) The location is wonderful near the public transportation.

I did not like the service of this hotel. I did not like the location as it was 15/20 minutes walking distance from everything. The hotel is NOT 4-STAR. The only decent thing was the breakfast of the hotel. There was no safety. The doors barley close and you have to push extremely hard for them to do so. There is no lock. And we had our watch stolen from our bedroom.

The hotel was horrible. The doors do not lock properly and we had our watch stolen in our bedroom at night. The management staff was very rude, and they did not offer any assistance. The hotel is not a 4star hotel and its NOT SAFE for families with small children. The elevator door opens and one meter across is the staircase. We almost tripped and fell multiple times. The staircase is very wobbly and it is poorly constructed. Families with small children will have a hard time with the safety of this hotel. The room was outdated and the bathroom was even worst. The bathtub was filthy and the towels were never properly cleaned.

1.The hotel was not safe and the door room get open in mid night. 2. Staff didn't provide 24 hr support, as I request extra bedsheet and they ignored my requst.

The location, the friendliness and competence of the reception staff and the service for the money (we got a special rate as Genius member at Booking.com)

The fact that the reception are not on the front desk the whole time (especially at night) needs to be changed in my opinion. The front lights were switched off late at night, which is problematic a bit when finding the hotel. The bathroom was old and needs to be renovated.

The stuff were very friendly. The room was good, and the location was just perfect!

AC wasn't working and I called the front desk and they brought me a fan instead of changing the room.

Perfect location for Champs-Elysées and Eiffel Tower.

I did not enjoy the price of the breakfast at 19 euros per person I thought that was quite steep, also on this the cheese board was 26euros this is very steep for what was presented.

I enjoyed the location and the size

Hotel staff was really nice and helpful, My check inn was till 3PM , I arrive earlier then expected. But the front desk help me to hold my luggage. She was really nice to send it upstairs when my room was ready for check inn. She gave me a map and guide me where to take the transportation , restaurant and more. That was a plus without asking .

• Family Apartment

Did not like that we could not use it he same key for both rooms in our family apartment . The doors do not stay open and lock automatically making checking on the children and communicating between our rooms difficult. Elevators are very small and slow.

I liked having a separate room for the kids. The beds were comfortable. The staff was excellent, very accommodating. Rooms very clean.

Small elevator, & -- as I recall -- a couple of steps up TO the elevator. If the staff hadn't offered to lug my bags up, gratis, I would have been very unhappy with that, arriving at the end of a long travel day.

This friendly little hotel is perfectly located on a side street a short walk from the Argentine metro stop. Wonderful staff were very helpful with a few unexpected travelling woes (dead US phone, a bag left in a taxi--!!); translating/talking to relevant parties on phone for me (I'm fine face-to-face, but with unfamiliar situations by phone??). I was travelling with my 17-yr-old granddaughter, & we both really liked it. In addition to the easy Metro access, it's in a nice neighborhood, with a great patisserie around the corner, delicious Italian ice at the chocolate shop 2 doors down, nearby cafés, easy walk to a number of restaurants & the Champs Elysées. I would absolutely book there again!

• Family Apartment

Lift can only fit 4 and is a bit slow. The rooms are all odd angles and obviously made to fit around an existing structure. Bath in our room had an oddly placed shower head, forcing you to stand in the narrowest part of the bathtub (where the taps for the bathtub protrude)

A very pleasant hotel, quite conveniently located for the Palais de Congres convention centre, but maybe a little less ideal to see the major tourist sights of Paris. There was a nearby Metro and the Arc de Triomphe area was an easy walk. The front staff were very happy to call for taxis. The front staff were very nice and helpful, particularly Ms Dolma, Mr Andre and Mr Cyril. Wifi was good, although you have to validate all devices every day. Nearby boucherie, boulanger and cafes very good.

• Family Apartment

Nothing - it really was quite nice

Had two rooms behind one door to make for an "apartment". Large rooms for Paris. Quiet. Modern and big sized bathrooms. Not far from Metro good restaurants nearby. Staff friendly. Fridge and kettle in room.

The aircon was broken and they refuse to fix or change room for us. One of the waiter at reception desk was response slowly with very bad service attitude.

I was surprised at how tired the room was - style and furniture was dated, though paint, etc was relatively fresh. Bathroom very dated and tired. Considering the rack rate and positive reviews, I did expect something better. Ceilings were fairly thin, too. It sounded to me like someone was opening and closing drawers upstaires constantly from 5am. I would say this is probably the poorest of the the 8 or so different hotels I have tried in Paris.

A cheap price for a reasonable location.

Tea bags and coffee are not refilled on the second day. Considering everything personally I think it is more like a 3 star instead of 4, but overall it is still a good stay.

The location is good and safe. 5 mins walking distance to Argentine metro station, very close to Arc de Triomphe and Avenue Champs-Elysees. Also there are quite some cafes and bars around, convenient.

Everything, But the staff truly are fantastic.

Fantastic Hotel, I count ask for more. Polite staff and modern, clean rooms. I look forward to staying again. M.Johnson

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Pillows are too thick We left the room at 9:30AM and came back to the hotel at 3:45PM. When we came back the room wasn't cleaned nor the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Decent size rooms, good WiFi. Using the supplied mobile handset could make free mobile calls, including some international and get mobile data when out and about. Close to Argentine Metro station

We were very disappointed that after our flight, we couldn't check in at 14:00 , so we waited up to 15:00 Terrible smell of toilet in the elevator.

Location is great. All taxi drivers know the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Very warm in the room and air conditioning not great

Location was fantastic, staff were very friendly, free smart phone in the room was a very good addition for using throughout the holiday

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Bath

Is an old building, so the rooms desperetly need some renovation as well as a better cleaning. It will be also great to renovate the bed linen, by having, for example, a real duvet

Friendly staff. Calm.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The bed was too hard, uncomfortable mattress, blanket we couldn't sleep properly.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was spacious and good value for money. Great location and easy to get around.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Very old and uncomfortably room and bathroom: Uncomfortable mattress, blanket (instead of commonly used white Duvet); - Not very good isolation on the 6th floor (rooftop) and no adjustable heating or air conditioning.

Excelent location : On a calm street 10 mins walking distance from the arc de Triomphe, champs-Elysées and airport buses (Etoile & Porte Maillot); Very nice and attentive staff! Exent detail of having an adroid for guests to use during the stay! The android has wifi, useful apps (inc. google maps) and free calls for selected countries. Guests can carry it around the city and charge it on the room. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Room is a bit cold coz heater is cold at night, no toothpaste and not enough shower gel somehow.

Supreme room upgraded to deluxe, spacious with slanting ceiling it's the best part of it

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

The weather unfortunately did not allow my usual walking trips

Its a wholesome experience on a historic street surrounded by multiple icons that gives you a time travel experience of a lifetime.

The bathroom needed a bit of maintenance.

The room was very comfortable. The staff were very helpful always asking if I needed anything. I was upgraded to a superior room upon arrival. The location was great close to a metro station that can take u anywhere in paris.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Taking a shower in the bathtub is a little cramped. Not much the hotel can do about that, it's an old building !

Perfect location, from our point of view. Very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The only minor improvement which could've been made is the cost of breakfast. I know that it is generally a pretty average cost within hotels, but we found it much nicer and cheaper to go to the Patisserie across the road each morning for fresh Pain au chocolat and crossaints!

Warm and cozy rooms while conditions outside were freezing. The staff were very friendly and spoke perfect English. Facilities in the room were excellent with a huge TV, coffee capsule machine, and even your own smartphone which was available to use completely free of charge. This "handy" device allows travelers unlimited internet whilst out and about, and provides information and recommendations on hundreds of things to do Paris. The best part was the ability to use google maps when we got lost wandering the streets!! The absolute highlight of the hotel was the location. Personally, the Arc de Triomphe is my favourite icon of Paris. From the hotel, you turn right and walk 100m, turn right again and straight ahead you've got a fantastic, close-up view of the Arc. Further, a stroll to the Champs Elyeese is less than 5 minutes if you're excited. We had a fantastic couple of nights at le pergolese!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

I asked for roses on bed. they put fake flower petals. They should mention on their website that the rose petals are not real.

Location is good. value for money. Friendly english speaking front desk. Tidy rooms.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Room was nothing like the photo. Was supposed to be a twin but was a double. The shower guard was useless and soaked the bathroom!

The bathroom was a good size

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

The first night was less comfy,due to bed ( 2 linked in one),but the next day we had another room,which was more spacious, with a real double bed.Once more thank you for the staff.

The location is great,and also the staff is very helpful

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Bathroom a little tired in need of some TLC.

The hotel position is perfect it you like less crowds, opposite side of the Arc de Triumph, nice bars and restaurant with great Metro links. Bed amazing

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Apart from having somebody bringing your luggage into your room, I didn't see any difference with a 3 star hotel. It was great to have a kettle in the room, but the choice of tea/coffee was very reduced: either basic black tea or instant coffee... not great when you are off caffeine! The bathroom was very dated with damaged walls in the shower area. I am glad I had a discount as I would have be disappointed to have to pay full price.

staff, comfortable bed and location

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Perfect location. Metro station right next to hotel. Convinient for city sight seeing. Bakery and super market next to hotel. The hotel was nice, renovated and clean. The stuff was polite. Thank you for the great stay. I recommend this hotel. Keep up with good work.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

blankets not sufficient for a change in weather conditions. 4 stars may be bit too fetched, but iam not familiar with paris standards so that is not solid statement

location is fantastic!!!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

charged 19eur for buffet breakfast even in the reservation was stated 9eur. in general hotel interior looks a bit dated but that is what you often get in 3-4star hotels in the centre of Paris

Perfect location in the walking distance of porte maillot and arch de triomphe. room was silent despite the close location of a big street. also room size was sufficient.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

I am not impressed with the breakfast - I was working so wanted to eat before I went out, but at €9 for the "formule express" when the coffee is so awful and the croissants are in short supply is not great. At €19 the buffet breakfast was beyond the pale! And the WiFi was poor to abysmal...

The staff were extra helpful and the room was big by Parisian standards. They had also given us a free upgrade which was a great surprise!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

The staff is not very nice and professional , the breakfast is to poor for a 4 star hotel. The best thing this hotel has is the local, very close to our shuttle and really nice area to stay.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Breakfast price is 19 Eu per person.

Excellent place near metro anf Arc de Triumf, good place if you fly from-to Beuivas airport. Clean and comfortable rooms. Quiet place. Coffer maker in the room. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Family Apartment

Value for money neutral purely as Brexit made it over £200 more expensive than when I originally booked it.

2 rooms connecting with one primary lockable entrance to both rooms was great for my teenage daughters to stay together with us knowing they were safe. Location was great just a short walk to the Arc de Triomphe

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

The closest train stations didn't really get me anywhere I wanted to go so I had to connect. Not a big deal, but a waste of time. I'd rather stay closer to a train stop that has lots of options.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Everything was ok, we just had different expectations based off of photos from booking.com

Great location for getting to Arc de Triumph & Eiffel Tower! They gifted us with a surprise plate of macaroons for our honeymoon!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Family Apartment

Bathroom ceiling leaked puddles the whole time, coffee pods in room are 1 euro each, Ac didn't cool well, toilet clogged several times, cleaning staff entered my room and woke my children when I wasn't there.

Location is great! Most staff were friendly but not overly accommodating.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The details were not great- while it was a good hotel at the price we paid, I would have been extremely unhappy had I paid full price.

The location is superb, handy for the bus from the airport and the centre of the city

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Hotel need to inform guests to keep away from the main boulevards when eating/drinking.Moving 200mts down the side streets costs about 50%.

Great location and very good price

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

The hotel is perfectly located, easy access and away from crowds. Staff is super friendly and the room was just as shown in the pictures (or even better)

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Breakfast is too expensive (almost 20 euros per person).

The hotel's location is excellent, near Arc du Triomphe and Champs Elysées. There's a metro station 2 minutes away, which is also very nice, as well as all sorts of places to eat or have a coffee. All in all, it's a good value for the money. It's a nice, clean, comfortable place. The room was quiet, tastefully decorated and with a good size for a couple. The wi-fi worked perfectly for both of us.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Not like a 4 star hotel. Lobby is shabby looking. Shower is leaky. Refrigerator was warm. Breakfast is way overpriced. Must not want a lot of takers.

There was an attempt at being like a high-end hotel. Close to the Arc. Soft bed. Even a/c.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Check in time! Corridors and elevator size No swimming pool or leisure activities

-Location -Free telephone with internet and local and some inernational calls! -Free wifi -room size

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

It has a small lift but it is an old building.

The staff were really nice. The breakfast was very tasty. The bathroom was a good size and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Old furniture , unprofessional staff, small rooms, they forced me to pay for second room as they refused to let my 6 years old son to stay with us in same room They provide free water for 1st day , and when ask for the rest 6 days , they refused according to their policy !! Expensive comparing to its facility, it is no recommend one for families, my journey to Europ was perfect except stay in this hotel

Nice place with good rate

Browse L’Hotel Pergolèse Paris traveller photo gallery