Reviews of Hôtel Roissy 4 stars

16, Avenue Mgr. Schoepfer, 65100 Lourdes, France

#20 of 84 hotels in Lourdes

• Comfort Quadruple Room

They dont provide drinking glass in the room, but we can ask for it in the bar in the lobby eventhough they gave us a plastic one.

The location is perfect! The room and bathroom is clean and the bed is quite comfy. What I like about the hotel the best is the customer service. I was unlucky because my train on the check out day got cancelled because of the strike. I was so stressed but the lady in the reception help me to get another option with a smile on her face. So the customer service was excellent!

• Comfort Quadruple Room

Location, location, location. Just a short walk to the Basilica. Helpful staff. Upgraded facilities (they are now 4 stars) Slept soundly, the comfortable bed and pillows made all the difference!

• Deluxe Double Room

I was impressed with the central locality of the Hotel, the cleanliness of all the areas, the service in the dining room, the very good food and the friendly and helpful staff.

• Comfort Twin Room

Dinner on our first 2 night was good 3rd and 4 night the main dishes of meat are tough to eat.quite chewy.

Good breakfast buffet had quite a selection.

Clean and comfortable. Staff were very helpful, polite and friendly. Our room was st the side of the hotel so very noisy during the night with bins being emptied, delivery etc.

• Comfort Quadruple Room

The restaurant can have more choices for the breakfast. Food items are all over the places. It could be organised more appropriately. No bread toaster in the restaurant.

Close to the church and quiet place.

• Comfort Twin Room

The room safe was positioned at floor level making it very difficult to use.

location ideal for the Sanctuary. Very helpful friendly staff. Comfortable, quiet room.

• Comfort Twin Room

Nothing. I like everyyhing about the hotel.

The room, beddings, and towels were all clean. The room was spacious for us. The buffet breakfast was also very good. The service staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was close to many restaurants and shops. It is also near the train station and walking distance to the meeting points of the yours that we took.

• Comfort Quadruple Room

There was nothing everything was high standard.

On arrival at hotel we were greeted by Barbara and checked us in,as we were in two groups she moved our rooms close together.The room which we had for 4 people was really comfortable the beds were great shower facility was spacious.We changed our food option for a meal deal on arrival and the food for the 3 days was 4 courses and really filled us up the young lady Ambra who looked after us during our stay was pleasant and always smiling.Fantastic stay highly recommended will stay here again hopefully next year.

• Comfort Twin Room

Situated within minutes of the sanctuary and shops right on the doorstep. On site parking very convenient - no steps. Staff very pleasant and helpful.

• Comfort Double Room

A bit cold in the room. The room temperature was fixed and could not be changed. No tissue box in the room. Room not as spacious as in the pics. Only a small number of staff in the breakfast restaurant - extra busy with large pilgrimage group and individual tourists weren't properly taken care of. No fork, no water - had to wait and ask repeatedly.

Good access to the sanctuary but one might appreciate more quiet areas if walking isn't a problem

Read above pls.

Hotel Roissy in Lourdes is 5 min walk to the Grotto and Immaculate Virgin Basilica. Location is very good. What I did not like### Hard/rough towels Comfort...bed is HARD AS A ROCK. AGGRAVATES EVERYONE WHO SUFFER FROM FIBROMYALGIA OR LB PAIN. They control the heat/a.c.. The entire time we were there it rained and it was very..very cold. One night it was extremely cold in our room. We call the front desk at 11pm...nothing happen...the next day we complain at the front desk..she looked at the control panel...and said..IT WAS OFF..AND NOW I WILL TURN IT BACK???VERY NICE...Thank God we did not get sick. Why a hotel controls the rooms heating system from the front desk??? when you pay so much money for the room????The owner should look into this problem. Breakfast..is not worth the money. Overall we were ok..but things could be much better...Bkfst..bed..heat. Thanks

• Comfort Twin Room

Short staff in dining room. Used plates glasses cups utensils are not being taken away. We have to look for clean table. Breakfast is very ordinary pricy for what it's worth. Scrambled eggs too wet and looks like crap. Nobody touched it. Computer not working. Two women in reception not helpful only the two men Marco and the guy on night duty were

Location near entrance to church grounds

• Comfort Single Room

Nothing except that the alley going to Room 701 and up is so dark and the light sensor takes a while. Once lighted, it is so bright.

The breakfast is really good and very satisfying. The bed is good but the croissants need to be more flaky. Other breads are ok. The ham or bacon is really delicious. There is wifi.

• Comfort Double Room

The Hotel is very nice. Close Proximity to the Lourdes Complex of Church, Grotto and Gardens. Close to shops , restaurants. Friendly, polite , always helpful staff. Clean room and facilities. Caters for independent travellers and Groups.

• Comfort Twin Room

The only downside to this hotel is the lack of parking although we parked in the public car park at 15 euros for 24 hours. Everything else was excellent.

The close location to the Sanctuaries was a huge plus for me. The staff at the hotel were very welcoming and helpful. The room was cleaned daily and the bed was very comfy. The continental breakfast buffet was also very good.

I didn't like the options for describing travellers as still majority of people go on holidays with theit husband / wife and children irrespective of ages .

Was very relaxed atmosphere . Option above didn't cover family over 18 as was my case and no listing for wife / husband .

• Comfort Double Room

1. UNFRIENDLY STAFF. When we checked in, there seemed to be confusion about our reservation. They first told us they didn't see a reservation for us. I had to show the attendant our Booking.com confirmation. When they did find us, I was told that parking was available only for ONE NIGHT and not for the entire 3 day stay. However, I was able to park by buzzing the attendant each time I wanted entry. 2. SMALL PARKING LOT. There's only room for about 10 cars and a lot of cars park against the wall of the of the hotel, making getting in and out of a parking stall extremely difficult and tight. 3. VERY BASIC and DATED PROPERTY. Our check in experience was so bad that we actually went across the street to HOTEL ASTRID to check out their rooms. They allowed us to look at their rooms (way more modern and hip) We would've cancelled our stay at Hotel Roissy, but there was the chance that we could've been locked in (pay wise) for the whole 3 days. So, we we went back to Hotel Roissy, and hoped for the best. Hotel Roissy told us that we were getting upgraded to a "Comfort Room." Not sure where the "comfort" was. The room could not have been more basic. As a couple we usually sleep in the same bed, but for some reason they gave us two twin beds to sleep in. The air conditioner stopped working twice where we had to go tell the front desk so they could do something to get it working again. updated/current). My partner didn't like the fact that there were flannel blankets on the bed during the summer. Because of the heat and humidity, I slept under the bedspread which didn't bother me. Overall, he experience was "meh."

I liked the fact that this hotel was probably the closest to the sanctuary of Lourdes, and it was an easy walk to all the shops and restaurants.

• Comfort Twin Room

The WiFi in my room didn't work but it works fine in the reception areas and restaurant. A better air extract in the separate toilet is required.

The location was amazing!

Service could have been improved on. A warmer reception and farewell from the Front Desk team would have been welcome

Location was just down the street from the Grotto, which was fantastic as it allowed us to rest between the events of the day.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

the shower was poor

the food was very good. The room had a balcony . Situated 5 mins walk from the Basilica in the main shopping area .the location is excellent

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

hotel room outdated but it's ok for a 1 night stay

very close access to the Sanctuary of Lourdes.excellent location when it comes to shopping for souvenirs and restaurants

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Comfort Double Room

The Restaurant staff is greedy and not helpful. The food is dismal and expensive for what you get. I opted for a half-board. The food seemed reheated and overcooked. The scrambled eggs were watery. I was doing a pilgrimage in Lourdes, so I took what they served. Boarding clients were seated in a separate area. The hotel should explain clearly in their brochures, and online, the type of food served to boarders. The bedding could be improved. The pillows were small. The room was very small. There was a few tree mulch pieces on the floor by the window-door, for the 3 days I was there, which told me that the bed was made but the room was not vacuumed. I had to phone reception every day to have the air conditioned turned on. Before leaving, I had to insist on having my payment included in the invoice, so that my balance would show as zero. It was surprising to me that personnel in a hotel in business would not grip the concept.

I would describe the style f this hotel as basic or minimal. I chose this hotel because is near one of the Sanctuary's entrance. Reception staff tries hard to help. Room had a queen bed as I requested. The bathroom had been remodeled; although it had the minimum needed, the bathroom was spacious and clean. I had a balcony, however, the view was of a treed wall.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Comfort Quadruple Room

The double bed was a divan-bed, and when it was opened it would leave very little space in the room.

Very close to the Lourdes Basilica, right in the town centre. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean and large enough for 4 people.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Well, the lights on the hallway sometimes do not work. You can just imagine how scary it was to walk down the dark hallway.

The location was so convenient. We were minutes away from the sanctuary. Staff can speak and english making it easy to communicate. There are restaurants and shops just outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Comfort Quadruple Room

The wifi signal wasn't extremely strong in my room. Perhaps also a little more variety on the menu and smaller portions (great value, but we felt bad when we were unable to eat all the food).

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Comfort Single Room

The rooms look a bit tired. They are tidy, but can do with a face lift.

Hotel Roissy is an excellent location, when visiting lourdes as it is approx 200 metres from the sanctuary. The staff are moderately helpful but this was the busiest time of year.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Comfort Triple Room

I have nothing negative to say

As a rule I never sleep very well in a different bed; but I had some of the best nights' sleep I have had in a long while. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, they were very attentive. The location was very central to the Sanctuary; and a very special and spiritual time was shared with two of my closest friends.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Comfort Quadruple Room

Breakfast menu could use some more variations.

Staffs are very kind and helpful. Location is close to Sanctuary Notre Dame, so very good for pilgrim travelers, also surrounded by souvenir shops and good restaurants. Baggage deposit and allowance to stay in lobby and use the public toilet after check out.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

There is no safe in the room to store valuables.

Location is very close to the sanctuary and restaurants that are still open after the Marian procession at night. You don't even need to pass any steep slope to go to the sanctuary, it's just right at the end of the road. Room is clean and spacious. Nice lobby with lots of chairs and a bar to take a rest when needed.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Comfort Twin Room

Bit noisy outside at night which didn't bother me but if I'd been with older visitors may have been a problem, but hey that's all the beauty about Lourdes very spiritual in the sanctuary but lively outside!

Lovely staff, great location.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Gave the room before the staff cleaned the room Found old cigarette buds under the bed Bath room tiles have few black spots

Friendly staff offered baby bed without any delay very close to the sactuary

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Comfort Triple Room

Our room had a bath and a shower attachment to the taps. However there was no shower curtain so the floor inevitably got soaked. A shower curtain would be a good idea. This attachment might only be intended for hair washing but I am sure most people use it as a shower.

The hotel was very clean and bright and the staff were extremely friendly and spoke good English. Food was reasonable and we had a meal deal of breakfast and dinner for 23 euros per person. There is private parking if you book it in advance but if not then there is a public car park about 50 yards down the road for only one euro more. Hope to go back next year.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The location, the staff, the ample and comfortable space given to us, the lovely view from our room. At Room #732, my wife and I felt we were the only guests in this big hotel because it was very peaceful and quiet to us. At night, the moon would come out shining brightly and penetrating our room. What a beautiful and memorable sight! Furthermore, we would just walk to the Shrine in 2 minutes or less, practically. Without any hesitation, whatsoever, we could choose to stay at this place again if given the opportunity to do another pilgrimage someday soon!

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

No complaints.

Close proximity to the Lourdes church and restaurants all around. The staff were friendly and ever helpful. We were a family of 12 and extended 1 room till 6pm and the cost was not much. Will be visiting Lourdes once again and will definitely stay here.

• Comfort Quadruple Room

polite staffs, soacious room n bathroom, near to Sanctuary of Lady of Rosary, surrounding and location

• Comfort Single Room

They have Parking for only 14 and there was no information in booking that you must reserved it

They gave me a double room

Good Location

• Comfort Double Room

Highly recomended. Very good location.

• Comfort Quadruple Room

The location was the best part. Very near the Grotto but enough distance that it wasn’t noisy or chaotic.

• Comfort Twin Room

Excellent location for someone visiting the Sanctuary. Walking distance to city center, Fortress etc

Blankets were awful.

Staff were very accommodating and helpful. Location is very good since it’s close to the gate of the grotto.

• Comfort Triple Room

Staff at reception not very helpful very small room for number of people and price paid.

• Comfort Twin Room

Access was a little difficult.

It was handy to the church and restaurants and bars.

Too small

Location is 200m from sanctuary and city bus station.

• Comfort Quadruple Room

locatie very good ,room small but for this price is very good

E restaurant imagination

Le silence

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff friendly and very helpful.restaurant very nice,food good and very reasonably priced.

• Deluxe Double Room

Lack of tea making facilities in the room, The mattress was very thin.

Pleasant staff,good al la Carter menu for a lourdes hotel

Good for the money

Towels- a bit too rough

Location and staff

• Deluxe Twin Room

Towels - a bit too rough

Location, friendly staff

• Comfort Twin Room

Parking, it is chargeable even to guests.

Perfect location and very friendly and helpful staff.

• Comfort Twin Room

Staff could be more friendly

Good staff

• Deluxe Twin Room

could have been vastly improved with just a coffee maker, tea supplies Mini refrigerator

Comfortable room adequate space Cleanliness

The location is great

Distance to the grotto

staff and breakfast

• Comfort Twin Room

Breakfast food are really not good. few selection fro the price.

Close to the Basilica

• Deluxe Double Room

Rooms are good and confortable.

• Comfort Triple Room

Can hear outside noise even at night.

Close to the Grotto

• Deluxe Twin Room

No option for room with refrigerator

Rooms were simple but very clean

The food and location.

No negative comments

Clean spacious room in a fantastic location, staff very friendly and helpful.

Excellent location & service

• Deluxe Twin Room

Atmosphere and attitude of staff first class! Clean and comfortable with good food.

• Comfort Quadruple Room

Close to the church, peaceful, with balcony

Limited breakfast buffet options

Near basilica

• Comfort Twin Room

Parking for 14 euros per night.

Location, 2 min. on foot from Basilicas' gates.

• Comfort Double Room

Great location, very close to the Sanctuary. Parking nearby. Nice staff.

• Comfort Triple Room

Room is comfortable and also bath room. The location is very close to the sanctuary (church) in Lourdes. The staff is very helpful.

Tea/coffee in room

Comfortable bed. Bonus roof terrace! Nice food

• Deluxe Twin Room

Good location (about 200 m to the grotte ),helpful reception desk ladies,nice bar,good value for money meal,comfortable room and bathroom

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Comfort Twin Room

proximity to the sanctuary is excellent