Reviews of Hotel Ile de France Opéra 3 stars

26, rue Saint Augustin, 2nd arr., 75002 Paris, France

#1092 of 1,600 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

our room was on the top of the building, don't have a...

some renovations are going on during the day somewhere near the hotel, very noisy, but during the night it is quirt.

our room was on the top of the building, don't have a real window, but bright enough. it is perfect for one night. the location is perfect, near to the main attractions. good place to stay!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

good Location

Room decoration is not similar in picture. No shampoo, no shower cap which are standard. Blanket is not clean. carpet has not vacuumed everyday. The glass have not washed everyday.

good Location

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

stay here for your next business trip to Paris

Nothing really. This is really one of those unusually perfect little finds!

Really great hotel, 2 minutes from Rue Quatre Septembre and metro stop. Lots of restaurants nearby, including carry out to sit down. Staff great. Bed great. Bathroom great. Service great and quite affordable for Paris, especially in this location. Only thing: Book early because given its popularity it will sell out if there are major activities (e.g. Fashion Week).

Fantastic location, very friendly staff, fantastic shower

Plastic cups in the room, powdered milk, heating didn’t work, I booked a double room but was given a room with two single beds showed together, with single bedding

Fantastic location, very friendly staff, fantastic shower

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Lovely would stay here again great hotel and location

The shower was tricky in our room especially if your 6 foot 3 like my husband but all managed very well!!

Beds very comfortable, room nice. Staff good. Our safe was broken in the room but they gave us a safe down stairs until a new one was fitted sorted it quickly!!

Only the location was great.

- Room really small and unconfortable (bedroom on one floor, bathroom in a different floor); bif differences between the official pictures of the rooms and the reality - Bathroom not 100% clean - Blowdryer broken - Several plugs not working - No refill of bathroom shampoo & gel after the first night so I ran out of it

Only the location was great.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Convenient location with friendly staff

The desk in the room was not very stable and so I was reluctant to use it for my computer. The room as very small.

This small hotel was very conveniently located. The bus from CDG airport stops at the Opera which is a short walk from the hotel. The lift is tiny and only goes to the fourth floor so I had to walk up another floor. My roon had a double bed but I feel the room is not large enough for two people. I felt the staff were very helpful with my queries. Within walking distance of the Louvre and Opera.

The bed is comfortable.

The bed is comfortable. Every day, when we back to the hotel. The room has cleaned and tidied up. They also put our dolls on each bed, so sweet and cute.

Great location, breakfast was appropriate

Very very tiny room, we were 3 in the room and we can even not pass before anyone stand side beside the bed. The bathtub was interesting. I am 1.55 but if anyone 1.80 can not stand in the tub. I can fit the half, the rest was the roof. Did not like it!

Great location, breakfast was appropriate

Great location (all walking)

No cons.

Hotel is in a great location, very very close to Opera Garnier and Galeries Lafayette. Nice and friendly staff. Sufficient breakfast (they served eggs on our last day, maybe it is a weekend custom). Double rooms are cosy.

The location of the hotel is quite good.

The room was very keen of hearing and tiny. The chambermaid didn‘t clean the floor during my three day stay.

The location of the hotel is quite good. The staff very friendly.

Excellent location.

Excellent location. Only a few minutes walk to Opera and near to the “Little Tokyo” of Paris. A popular Japanese restaurant is even next door. Rooms are small as expected in Paris, but nevertheless are equipped with bathtub. A feature which is important for us, as we travel with kids.

Location, location, location.

For the price, the hotel needs to be bigger, the walls sound proof, and the staircase less shabby. The hotel is stuck between deciding to be a big hotel or a specialist boutique one.

Location, location, location. Snug between Opera and Place de la Concorde, very easy to get to Louvre, Place Vendome from here. Excellent location especially for shoppers!

the very nice staff made staying there a true pleasure.

the staff was very just great. we like new experiences & enjoy staying in different places to have them. if I found myself in the same area again I would only stay there because of the staff.

A beaut little pub staffed by delightful people. I would stay there again.

I am not a big fan of "continental" breakfasts and considered 15Euros too much for what was on offer - but, when in Rome ...

Very good location, quiet neighbourhood. Modern chic style of small, intimate hotel. Reception staff - superb!

The room was clean and the staff at reception desk was very...

The room was too small, the ceiling was at 2 m.(my husband hit his head at the beam that is on the ceiling)

The room was clean and the staff at reception desk was very kind in giving us all inormation and printing...

Was memorable

Space - the room was much smaller than expected, would have liked some extra space. The photos are misleading about the space. Window - only one window that faced a building wall. Would have liked some open air and maybe an extra window.

Staff - very friendly Location - very close to the Opera house - a lively atmosphere. Very close to major attractions like Louvre, etc. Clean - the hotel itself was maintained well and clean

Not worth the money. Location good, but room feel like cheap hostel.

Decoration, size of room and cleanliness were below average. It felt more like a cheap hostel.

Very old, dirty, small & cheaply decorated rooms. Very uncomfortable.

Had a lovely time in Paris. The location of the hotel meant I could walk most places.

The rooms are a bit small.

The hotel location was very convenient for all the main tourist attractions. Lots of restaurants, a cocktail bar, bakery etc within walking distance. Hence, didn't have breakfast in the hotel; also breakfast wasn't included in the price of the stay. Airport shuttle bus stop was only 5min walk from the hotel. Gard du Nord is only approx 20min walk away or a short taxi ride.

Location - Excellent

- Room 401 door is awkward, you could fall on the stairs if you're not careful. - the staff who attended to me during my check-in was not helpful enough to even offer lifting my luggage on a 2-step stairs going to the lift. - i can hear the footsteps and water splashing on the room on top of mine.

Location - Excellent Walking distance to all the major landmarks, shopping & places to eat. You don't even need to get on the hop-on/hop-off bus!

Perfect stay!

The location, the room and the staff was perfect. I have nothing bad to tell about this hotel. The staff was very friendly, they are concerned always for your mood, that you have all you need.

Awesome location with friendly staff!

Rooms were smaller than expected HOWEVER, they were comfortable and beautifully decorated!

Awesome location within a 10min walk of the Louvre! Bus stops and the metro also with in easy walking distance (15 mins or less depending on which metro or bus you need) Many shops, restaurants etc all around! Perfect location for our family!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Do not book! It's a rip off!

When we got to the hotel we discovered it was only a reception at the adress mentioned. Then we found out we had to move to the actual hotel, called Ascot hotel, so we dragged our very heavy luggages through a narrow stone paved street while a cleaning lady was showing us the way, to the actual hotel. Then we discovered that even if the pics on the website are real, the difference is the actual space. The rooms were not bigger than 2.5m x 2.5m, so we had about 25 cm on the side of the bed to walk around. So, seeing how we had 2 big trollers with us and no space to put them anywhere we had to move the bed around to make space to unpack. Which in the end resulted in us jumping over our suitcases because we had no more pathway to walk on in the room. The bathroom was clean, but the lack of natural light and the very very small room are not worth the money, especially since it is not an exceptional area of Paris. Also, if you are claustrophobic, i do not recommend this hotel. The elevator, even though modernized a bit is about 100 years old and we could barely fit 2 people and 2 suitcases in it.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Fancier than I thought we could afford in Paris!

I love the opera, so this was a great location for us. Also lots of shops, a market, and cafes very close by. The room was gorgeous, looked fancier than what we paid for the room. They brought us a cot for my 6 month old which was nice to have. The bathroom was very nice and a bonus to have the tub for the kids. A great place to end our trip.

Good, but ...

On Saturday morning of our stay, behind the wall of the toilet, clear water would leak onto the floor overtime the toilet was flushed. I'd estimate it to have been the equivalent of 5 ounces each flush. We notified the front desk that morning as we left for the day. They said that they would send someone up to investigate. When we arrived back that evening the front desk informed us that they looked into the problem, but because it was Saturday nothing could be done about it. They did not offer us another room, nor did they offer any monetary refund for the inconvenience. They didn't even provide extra towels to mop up the floor. I guess we should have asked or demanded these, but it would have been nice if any of them were offered. As it was not that gross or anything we didn't grumble, but I think from now on I'll switch from small hotels to major hotels so that when issues occur, solutions will be provided.

The location near the Paris Opera is only a 10 to 15 minute walk to the Louvre, the river Seine, and the Place des Concorde. There are also several Metro stops within a 5 minute walk to the hotel. This makes traveling around Paris very doable. We needed a room for three adults and through Bookings.com we were able to arrange for this.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Little gem tucked away near L'Opera

Free wi-fi was very poor and had difficulty making a Skype call.

Excellent location especially for business travellers. Also near many restaurants and bars. Quiet at night.

Friendly staff

Pictures of the hotel are a deceiving as it's a very small hotel and rooms are tiny with not addiquent things such as kettles & cup

location was great

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The staff are excellent, knowledgeable and friendly.

The staff are excellent, knowledgeable and friendly. There is a great Italian restaurant around the corner which they recommend. Wifi wasn't the best but it is adequate.

Good location, great staff

Staff is making up for what's lacking. They are top notch and willing to accommodate. My room is on 5th floor but elevator goes up to only 4th floor. The staff help carry my luggage up. You might have thought that it's common. Not in Europe. The parking is also inexpensive and close by. Room are small but clean.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Hotel was lovely & staff were great but aircon & proper tea/coffee facilities would have been nice.

I had to keep asking for coffee sachets etc as they forgot to top them up. There were only paper cups in my room. I asked for a real cup but housekeeping kept taking it away. Aircon was not available so I was supplied with a floor fan! I was in a 'single' room so space was extremely limited and I had to keep moving the fan out of the way to move around.

The staff are super helpful, and available 24/7. The location is excellent for walking to many wonderful places, or just hanging out in the many options of Opera.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Satisfactory

The rooms were VERY small. It was more like bed and breakfast as far as room size.

The location was really good. It was quite clean and the beds were comfortable. Also the staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The bedrooms are not like the photos.

The bedroom they put me in was not at all like the photos. The room was the worst I ever stayed in, in Paris and I travel for work all the time. It was the last available room, so the staff told me. I turned up at 11pm. So too late for other options. It was small and I know the rooms are small in Paris but this was a joke. The lights didn't work, the ones that worked buzzed when on. I had to hit one to make it stop buzzing. The bed was not a real bed. Just a small mattress on top of something. I had to take a tiny set of stairs down to the bathroom which when your lights don't work properly was a nightmare when you wake in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. The stairs creaked...This room smelt. And there was no window in the the bathroom. So it was too hot to dry hair. Not worth the money ... I've stayed in better rooms for half the price.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Lovely hotel in the heart of Paris

Very friendly and polite staff. Comfortable and clean room. Great bathroom. Superb location, Just a few minutes walking distance to most of the tourist attractions. There are restaurants from high-end to casual coffee shops just outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

i think that i should n't bilive to the advertising And picture on the site

The rooms are very small and had no windows, and for two people and a child does not fit. The room was not ready at the time of acceptance and even crib was not in the room. The hotel car park is significant. Unfortunately, the parking lot in another building that was on loan provided that it was very difficult access And we had to walk a few hundred meters on foot to reach the vehicles and with bills amounted to 25 euros per day extra park was Overall highly speculative and fraudulent tricks you have to pay extra amount drawn.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Great location but alot of money for what you get.

The advertising with Parking but when we parked and came inside they charged us 25 Euro a day. Also the room is nothing like the picture.

Good location close to the opera and to the metreo station.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Great staff, recommended traditional French restaurants.

Navigating the stairs was tough for some of our group.

Great staff, recommended traditional French restaurants. Room was amazing & did a great job accommodating our large family.

Location, parking, friendly staff

Location, parking, friendly staff

The room was a bit small but it's Paris so understandable especially considering the price point.

Clean, well designed

Very very friendly

Very very friendly

Good location, quiet

Very small awkward single room halfway up staircase

Good location, quiet

4.0
    Bad .

Bad . Expensive

Location was excellent, but Wi Fi was not working at all.

Wi Fi was not working

Location was excellent, but Wi Fi was not working at all.

Estupenda

La habitacion en general

My first visit to Paris and it did not disappoint, I loved it and would go back again

Could do with a little bit of paint and upgrading

The landscape behind the bed was lovely

Nice interior design,

Air conditioning a little tricky to work

Nice interior design, Super super friendly and helpful staff

Very comfortable beds and pillows.

I could hear the neighbors talking

Very comfortable beds and pillows. A bath in the bathroom.

Just to be no more than 2 nights, to rest is not recommended

A lot of noise, the doors doesn't close properly

The bed was comfortable

Staff are not cooperative

Clean and location

Perfect comfortable great location and very friendly staff

Perfect comfortable great location and very friendly staff

Easily accessible.

Slow, unreliable wifi connection.

Easily accessible. Comfortable room.

The room is cosy, special, lovely but very small.

The room is cosy, special, lovely but very small. New bathroom. All facilities. VERY Nice staff! Small Window - looking into the courdyard.

Location of the hotel was excellent, the staff were very...

Room was very small for 3 people. Hard to move around.

Location of the hotel was excellent, the staff were very helpful!

Superior Hotel Locations The best location for the clean...

Superior Hotel Locations The best location for the clean room was at a great price

It overall had been very good!

Wi fi too weak signals Rooms r too small and dark

Excellent approach to many main places

The room very comfortable

The lobby arenot less comfortable

The room very comfortable

Room size

Comfortable

Room where full of humedo, very tiny room

Staf where very friendly

very very convenient, magnificent location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very small room

ver very clean and everything in order. smell not great but very neat!

Very good location for exploring Paris. Lots of restaurants nearby.

The single room was a bit small.

The room had a very nice shower.

Room was cute, but too small for 2 persons.

Room was cute, but too small for 2 persons.

Great location next to cafes and restaurants, friendly staff!

Tiny room, nothing like the pictures.

Great location next to cafes and restaurants, friendly staff! Very comfortable bed! Good wifi!

Staff friendly, really close to the station.

Staff friendly, really close to the station.

The Location was superb

No lift to the top floor

The Location was superb

Excellent property

My room smelled like mildew. It was coming from the AC, needs to be cleaned

We liked the staff, very helpful and friendly to us visiting Americans 😊

Family stay safe.

All is fine.

The. Location. Is perfect. And bear of all places we. Needs.

Paris in 3 nights

Small room for 4 Lift small 2 bags at a time ordinary not cooked beast poor shower facilities small bathroom

Location to Louvre and dept store

Lovely stay in a cosy little hotel.

The staff were helpful and very friendly. Hotel was very clean and the beds were so comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Worst experience - terrible service!

One of the worst experiences I've had in a while.

Nothing to like here!

No think

Not good

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Booking not given exact info about hotes

Booking not given exact info about hotes

Doesn't look anything like the pictures on the internet...

Doesn't look anything like the pictures on the internet Untidy Room cleaning service in the way all the time

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Very good choice for sightseeing holiday

We had a room with connecting door to another room. We could hear the family talking at all hours.

Very friendly and helpful staff

Good location poor comfort.

Very, very small room and bathroom. Bathrrom doesn't meet minimun requirments.

Space of the room