Reviews of Jardins Secrets 5 stars

3 Rue Gaston Maruejols, 30000 Nîmes, France

#3 of 34 hotels in Nîmes

Very expensive. Basic breakfast, very expensive. Was upset when quoted €100 for an hour spa but on checking out was charged €200! The explanation was the price quoted was per person, this was only made clear on check out, very misleading!! Beware!! Very smart B&B pretending to be a five star hotel. Staff and service were five star.

Very pretty

The rooms, although beautifully appointed are very dark, even though they provide two little reading lamps, I prefer more light in particular in the bathroom

The gardens, the pool, the ambiance, the 2 cats and turtles, the pianos, all around charm.

The Jardins Secrets is a beauty with the upper terraces filled with pleasing greenery and lavishing garden below. The staff are tremendously helpful, chatty and knowledgeable about the place. The owners are very welcoming and accommodating. A stay in Jardins became an unforgettable experience. We will be back.

What an amazing place a hidden place in the middle of Nimes looking so wonderful, it feels like a secret garden. The place, the decor are just mind blowing.

Luxurious room and guest lounges - one with log fire. Superb breakfast . Delightful Garden. Great tranquillity. Good location close to station and CBD. Very attentive staff and management. .

Not everyone will be able to afford to stay in this place and this is not a place for everyone but if you can afford to stay in Jardins Secrets you won't ever regret!

The stay was heavenly and the staff took great care to make sure everything was perfect from the food to the bed linen.... this is a very exclusive place and one of a kind because you never feel as if you are living in a hotel but instead staying in a house of a great friend. What a privilege!

Eating facilities. Dark gloomy room. Only one bottle of water supplied. Miserly. Toilet dangerous. Nearly broke foot as steep step not easy to see it in tpilrt

Decor lovely but our room was dark and gloomy. The owner was nice on arrival But when we told her we did not want breakfast (28 euros each) she became sour. Nowhere to eat inside only outside Really a bed and breakfast not hotel

The bathroom is not confortable at all. This property really needs other type of bathrooms. They are not created for being used...really. You cannot take a shower, without having the entire space filled with water.

Gorgeous property, except the bathroom.

no faults found

a unique and unexpectedly beautifully appointed hotel very different and unforgettable enjoyed it immensely .the proprieter was both helpful and convivial rightly proud of what the family had achieved

This is my second visit and it is even more magical than before. It truly is an enchanted place to stay, it satisfies all the senses. The staff are incredible - they take so much care and seem to know your wishes. The attention to detail is exceptional - it is a sublime experience.

I booked one night there just before the day of my wedding. One week before I came to the hotel to see how it looks because it was important for wed photos. The girl from reception (Victoria) was very nice and showed me everything there - I was so exited and was looking forward to spending my time in this hotel. She mentioned that we can make photos everywhere we want. On the day of my wedding the manager (I do not remember her name) came to us when my photographer was already there and said that we only can take the photos in the room and in the garden and that it is strictly forbidden to take any photos inside of the hotel... I was really shocked! I travel a lot and saw many 5 star hotels but never before I met so disgusting service... She was very rude and didn't want to hear me. Can you imagine what I was feeling on the most important day of my life?.. I was crying but nobody could help me. This madame doesn't know anything about hospitality and hotel management. I want to share as much as I can this information because I've never faced such a horrible service. Unfortunately a beautiful interior means nothing when you meet such kind of people. Seriously it was the worst hotel experience in my life:( I do not recommend this hotel because of this unprofessional madame who even doesn't understand that she represents not only her hotel, but her city and her country as well. Btw, I paid 356€ for my spoiled mood.

Our friends bathroom had a deep old fashioned style bath. They found it awkward to climb out. Breakfast was expensive.

The reception rooms are decorated in the style of a beautiful old country hotel, quite stunning, wonderful old antiques in keeping with the age and style of the house. The gardens are pretty, quiet and charming. Our bedroom on the ground floor overlooked the garden, with little terrace. Very comfortable large bed and excellent ensuite shower room. The style of each bedroom is unique and obviously a great deal of thought has gone into making it special. Some wonderful touches throughout the house make one feel as though is stepping back in time.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Who cares if the wifi is not good in certain areas? This is a place to unwind, Soul search or have a romantic break.

Enter another world. Hidden gem in central Nimes. Walk through the tranquil garden into a lush sensuous interior. Collapse onto a large comfortable bed with satin cotton sheets or find one of the many beautifuly decorated areas to read a book, meditate. Breakfast almost anywhere out of fine china served politely and discreetly. This is not for the faint hearted.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

It is not easy to find the hotel and I felt bad when the ladies were tying to carry my suitcase. It would be better to have someone like a bellboy.

The hotel is like a dream. As soon as you enter the garden you feel like you come to a heaven on earth. The staff is so friendly!

A little rigid with arrangements Extras especially spa very expensive

Breakfast delicious but expensive

Beautiful place

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

We thought it was claustrophobic overall. In the pictures it looks much more spacious.

We liked the City position.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The most beautifull hotel in France!

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Extraordinary hospitality, unique surroundings, amazing breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2016

In terms of comfort its not really suited for families with kids. We've had a room with a bathtub in the room and no shower or whatsoever so it was kind of difficult to take a shower for the adults. Also, the baby cot is 40€ per night :( (why?) In the evening the hotel goes to the "night shift" with a night porter who is watching the hotel but in a kinda weird way. I was repacking in my car on the hotel premises and he went by, asking how am i and after that got inside the hotel and locked all the doors. So to get back to my room I had to go and knock on every window till i've found him. Expensive continental breakfast for €25 per person, for omelette you will have to pay extra €15 (what??) Practically dead wifi, no restaurant inside, they only serve breakfast and snacks. And the hotel was almost empty. So we have some mixed feelings about this place. It's really beautiful but raises some questions along the way.

The hotel is beautifully decorated and is actually an old farm converted to the hotel. Aesthetically everything is perfect. Great garden, especially at night.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

Breakfast was small but tasteful. The spa treatment were very expensive. You couldn't just go into the spa to relax. You had to reserve it for 1 or 2 hours with treatments. For me no option because I'm allergic to soaps/water/cremes/steam bath! I choose this hotel because of the beautiful spa but couldn't enjoy it. Was a big disappointment!

Staff was very helpful. Very special style of hotel with barrock sofas/chairs. Hotel was a kind of museum. Bathroom was beautiful! Gardens were very nice with the still good weather that we had. Nimes is a very nice Roman town. Lots to see!

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

You need time to get use to the lack of light in the rooms. It is a very very old building , decorated in its period, a fascinating place to stay, but dark!

Excellent staff and service

• Reviewed: 11 July 2015

hospitality was poor by owners, (other staff fine), the room although having high quality furnishings, was much too dark with inadequate lighting

city center location. secure parking

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

We loved this hotel. It is in a great location. The staff is excellent. It is a gorgeous, elegant property. It's simply a very special place with very high standards.

• Reviewed: 12 June 2015

Nimes. It was nothing special. Did not feel that safe. Our room and bath was small and very dark. no They had two small reading lamps in the Armoir to swatch with two lamps on the bed side table but too much hassle and no room to move. We spent most time in common area. But the common areas was just beautiful!

Everything is perfectly staged. You walk into the gate of the property, you are transform to a tranquil oasis. A beautiful garden with pool, seating area, a bird cage. Walked to the court yard, boxes of oranges, a small coy pond a turtle couple casing me… The house is beautiful and Inside is immaculately decorated and staged…

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

Room extremely small and uncomfortable. No towel racks, no extra power points to recharge computers etc. Very wet bathroom. Expensive breakfast @E25 for continental?

Ambiance was superb. Lovely garden. Beautifully decorated rooms. Passion was evident. Lovely helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2015

Don't go to the hotel around 4-5pm. Traffic was pretty bad. Nimes City was not very impressive. I'd rather just stay in the hotel... It was much nicer

The hotel has so many beautiful details. If you like antiques, you will be extremely delighted! There are a couple of different rooms you can relax. There was a nice bathtub in the room. My husband and I enjoyed it. I recommend just staying in the hotel and enjoy the surroundings. The garden is beautiful as well.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2015

Nothing at all

Quaintness, quietness, very friendly and helpful staff and location. We had a wonderful experience here.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

Sitting in the garden we got badly bitten by insects! Bedroom lighting makes it very difficult to read

location and charming garden and interior

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

The staff.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Furniture seemed a little dusty and old. The room was very dark

Breakfast and staff

There are also 5 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.