Reviews of Hotel De Vigny 5 stars

#1214 of 1,599 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

More staff needed!
    • Executive Room

More staff needed! House keeping is always late, employees are not on hands on every detail. They loose stuff, they are misinformed and handle badly their shifts with no updates!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

I thought we’d found Le Fawlty Towers
    • Executive Room

Staff attitude made Basil Fawlty look like a pro. The guy checking us in had a right attitude and started arguing with us. The hotel clearly has an antiquated system and they struggled to get us checked in. That suddenly seemed to become our fault even though they had our names, we’d paid in advance through booking.com, and yet we couldn’t have access to our rooms while they tried to work out their paperwork. I have no idea how this is rated so highly. There are no ironing facilities, not even one you can request from reception. The rooms are tatty round the edges, at best, it’s a three star hotel. Wardrobe door wouldn’t open as it hit the auto closer on the room door. Stains on carpets, a kettle you had to place on the floor as the cord (fully unwound) wouldn’t reach a power socket when on the table. Just generally a hotel in decline. Our friends experience was worse, but you can read their review for the delights of the wildlife they found in their room.

Good location for visiting main attractions Nice shower, bed was comfy

Was good for this occasion but rushing back not so sure
    • Executive Room

For what breakfast was it is not value for money. Very surprised they had no proper tea in the room. Also to pug the kettle in you need to move bedside locker to get it also needs to stay on floor while boiling.

Room was spacious and the staff very friendly and welcoming.

bad experience

the situation that they force me to do it taking extra room and charge me …… it was very bad move and impolite I was having 2 rooms including suite and forced for the third one . internet was very bad TV channels also not working it was bad experience and never do it again and honestly I ask all my friends to avoid staying in this hotel opposite what I was doing before

honestly this time I was really shocked from this hotel as its not my first time there the manager there was not the same one I book a suite to be more comfortable we were ( me and my wife and small daughter 9 years old) the manager refuse to let us be in the same room even I ask for extra bed and pay it he insist to say NO he force me to have a extra payed room and I was between 2 fire or to accept or to loose what I paid and go at the end I take one and I slept far from family SCOTT AND ANDREI were extra helpful telling him he is our customer we should not let him pay that but this new manager insist about that and let me pay 50% extra for this room honestly I was very mad and upset and I decide not to go to this hotel again even for free I swear

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

It's good but..
    • Executive Room

The decoration is not exactly the same as shown in the pictures. Not that spacious and luxury. I forget one dress and a bottle of champagne in the room. The hotel can only find my dress but no champagne in the end. I didn't expect this from a five start hotel.

Clean, confortable, excellent location, parking service

Most pictures posted on your site was deceiving ,the carpet...

The staff was very helpful and friendly

Most pictures posted on your site was deceiving ,the carpet in our suite was very dirty and furniture was very old and wear out

I think they need to renovate as soon as possible
    • Suite

the hotel is a bit run down or a lot depending on which room you get the staff are very kind and helpful and deal with the problem of slow decay

Its getting run down looks ready for a

Great location and very lovely hotel. Rooms had plenty of space including comfortable chair.
    • Executive Room

Parts of the bathroom needed a refurbishment

The room was fantastic, plenty of space and good ammenities. Love having a kettle. Great location to walk everywhere

I had a great stay in this hotel.
    • Executive Room

I had a great stay in this hotel. The room was clean and the staffs were very friendly. The location was convenient and would highly recommend to others

Not to be recommended at all
    • Executive Room

The behavior of the staff Also the room service there isn’t much yo order But mainly the staff are not friendly at all

Staff very rude they never get back to u Had and argument with the concierge he wanted to fight with he was extremely rude

3.0
    The stay was pleasant, the location is great for our pourpose, but the owners should do something
    • Executive Room

Maintenance especially in the room and bathroom

The hotel is OK, but we found it run down for the category and compairing it to our previous experiences. Badly needs some renovation and facelifting

very very disappointed
    • Executive Room

Carpet was very very dirty for a five star hotel standard, everything in the room was dated...... I am very very disappointed........ when complained at the desk, they upgraded us to a suite ..... it was slightly better then the first on but still dirty .... real dirty carpet and dated furniture. I will never go back again...... 190 pounds without breakfast definitely not worth. I am sorry for poor comments but it spoiled our mood

I will return... as they say: If the rprice is right!
    • Executive Room

My breakfast needs are very limited. i.e. Coffee with cream on the SIDE, and only one croissant. This seemed to be an unusual order for the attendant - or she didn't understand me ( my French is extremely poor). Instead, I received a couple of coffee variations and a large plate of croissants/bread. I realise, many visitors like large breakfasts, but I suggest 'a la carte 'option for those who are not fond of heavy morning meals.

I ate one dinner at your restaurant, and it was good - but not exceptional. for the expense. Perhaps I ordered the wrong dishes.

Absolutely gorgeous hotel
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Perhaps, would be good to renovate rooms soon.

Absolutely gorgeous hotel with outstanding service. Car was parked by the staff at their parking lot, so I didn't have to bother myself to find parking etc.

This is a poor 5-star hotel compared to other 5-star hotels...
    • Executive Room

This is a poor 5-star hotel compared to other 5-star hotels in the Paris (and other) area. Warn out hotel and furnitures and quite noisy room (could clearly hear the neighbours). There are 3- and 4-star hotels better than this one. On the plus side is very friendly and accommodating taff.

Great ease and comfort to spend a weekend in Paris
    • Executive Room

Door locked with actual key was the only tiny thing that could have been updated!

Very nice hotel, great location, old school proper Parisian hospitality. We had a great size room with a huge comfortable bed. Great bathroom and lovely White Company toiletries. We didn't eat in the restaurant.

I don't know how could they called it a hotel.
    • Executive Room

I don't know how could they called it a hotel. It has unbearable smell . I had to change it after the first day and they refused to pay me back the other two days . Bottom line this hotel was bad.

For the price good but don't expect a five star bargain
    • Executive Room

Not sure how this is a 5 star hotel. Room was very ragged (armchair with torn fabric), with a very small bathroom and I didn't see this type of room pictured on the site. By making the reservation through Booking.com do we automatically get placed in the worst room?

Great location, very polite and responsive staff and good value for the room.

Not worth the price hit head on shower a few times,
    • Suite

No milk had to call for milk yet got kettle and coffee!!! , shower too low, kettle had to be put on the floor, some sockets not working one by the mirror so had to straighten hair on floor with small mirror.

Location only

Super 8th arrondisment location!
    • Executive Room

My suite was stunning, once upon a time. The furniture was showing its' age with nicks, scrapes, frayed upholstery and scratches. A table was on a tilt due to a cracked leg. The jacuzzi i could not get to work. It was truly old world lux style, but it had seen better days. An update would be nice, but I was still quite comfortable due to the first rate amenities. My biggest dislike was the dirty, stained carpet. It really needed a good deep cleaning.

The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. I was upgraded which was unexpected. The view of the roof tops was so typically French. Loved it!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Fine but not perfect.
    • Executive Room

No bar and just BBC World TV channel. Really poor checkout service with both my credit cards declined on their machine. Both worked when tried at local ATM straight after I left!!

Location excellent and perfect air conditioning during hot weather.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Overall ok
    • Executive Room

The staff dont help with luggage !!

I like the location and the staff were nice , hotel needs to upgrade door keys and the should help customers with luggage

Good location but poor hotel
    • Executive Room

No facilities, wifi worked intermittently, no public/lobby/general area to get a coffee or a drink or snack, air con didnt work, room was old, dirty, needed to be dusted, cleaned, new wall paper as old one was stained and ripped, chair cover had blood/rust on it... overall dirty and gruby hotel.

Unfortunately I didn't like much at all... apart from the location. The Hotel is old, dated , not very clean and overall i wouldn't rate it. It is NOT 5 star... i would give it 3 at best.

The space and providing umbrella
    • Deluxe Room

It is 5 star yet no kettle or coffee machine was provided not even a bottle of water. The water douch was leaking, so when the water is turned on,half of the water goes to the wall. I could not enjoy shower. The staff for the breakfast are hardly smile.

The space and providing umbrella

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

ONE OF THE WORST EXPERIENCES OF MY FREQUENT TRAVELLING LIFE.
    • Deluxe Room

THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS HOTEL TO BE ENTITLED AS 5 STAR. BUILDING, FACILITIES, BREAKFAST NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A 3 STAR HOTEL. I HAVE QUESTIONS IN MY MIND IF I MUST TRUST RATING OF BOOKING.COM ANYMORE.

ONLY LOCATION.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Nice hotel in a nice location
    • Executive Room

Overpriced, relatively poor breakfast, at this price one would expect very good buffet, not just basic one.

Nicely decorated and well equipped rooms, a bit larger then usual rooms in Paris. Perfect location, great Michelin star restaurant. Price of room is adequate for this location in Paris.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Cleaning services was not good , some equipments in rooms...

First of all the costumer services was so bad . Rooms and hotel need a maintenance. Some equipments in the rooms are not working such as fridge, and the bell rings of room. The th channels all in French language, and no English or Arabic channels ,The prices of laundry services are to expensive.however the cleaning services are bad and not good.thanks

Cleaning services was not good , some equipments in rooms are not working such as fridge, room bell and no door holders , the ac also is not working well. The laundry prices are too hight and expensive Cleaning services was not good , some equipments in rooms are not working such as fridge, room bell and no door holders , the ac also is not working well. The laundry prices are too hight and expensive

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Good place to stay
    • Executive Room

The fact that room didn't come with breakfast

Breakfast was a bit overpriced in my view. Room didn't come with breakfast and i chose not to have breakfast there

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Felt welcomed.
    • Executive Room

Nothing... it was almost perftect

I really appreciated the management & the whole staff, their courtesy, smiles on their faces, and most of all, felt like I was treated with a Hugh respect. Thanks to all, members whom are running this Hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Bathroom

Reception staff

Bathroom

Location and rooms

Staff and facilities

Location and rooms

• Executive Room

Bathrooms weren’t very clean.

Great location made walking around easy

LOCATION AND STAFF!

NO MORE FRUITS AT BREAKFAST AFTER 9.30 AM...:(:(

LOCATION AND STAFF!

Excellent all round
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Room size, location, staff

4.5
    Only the location

The hotel is really poor and does not deserve to be even 3 stars

Only the location

Very good

Depending on price almost it’s good But hotel need Refurbished

Stuff location comfortable size of room

The location the staff and quality of the rooms

The left was slow

The location the staff and quality of the rooms

Amazing trip
    • Executive Room

The carpet was little dirty but was bearable.

Staff was very cooperative, location was amazing and room was of a great size.

Good staff

The lobby is rather old

Good staff

Have been before and as I have said needs some TLC
    • Executive Room

Rooms are a little tired ,could do with a refurb

Location is perfect

Interior a little dated

Interior a little dated

Great location, very friendly staff and good service.
    • Executive Room

Internet/WiFi was not working and the hotel would benefit from refurbishment.

Great location, very friendly staff and good service.

the receptionist it’s verry cold guys tv too small

sincerely more than 4 star it’s too much for this hotel

Excellent value for money.
    • Family Suite

Excellent value for money....Spacious suites, French flair, luxury, comfort and unique location...highly recommended.

Emplacement

Emplacement

Beautiful place with professional staff

All staff are very professional Excellent breakfast and services Perfect location

Would definitely come back for this hotel

The old decor in the lobby

Excellent value for money paid

Everything was perfect except the bathrooms.
    • Executive Room

Everything was perfect except the bathrooms.. they were old and the sink floats If the renew the bathrooms the hotel will be perfect

Quiet, professional elegance

Excellent concierges

Excellent stay, Excellent Service. 5Star.

Everything, fantastic stay.

Anniversary stay
    • Executive Room

Very spacious & comfortable.

Comfortable but not worth the price
    • Executive Room

The female staff member was very courteous and helpful. However the hotel lacks in room service and the pricing is exorbitant.

good for location and staffs

hotel is old

hotel staffs are very kind and sweet. amazing location.

Edward, the bell boy

Location and bed

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Excellent staff - good restaurant -imposing Maitre d'Hotel at the restaurant
    • Executive Room

Very old bathroom and old carpet - nothing has been done for many years

Friendliness of the staff

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Perfect location !

Perfect location !

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Rooms are a disgrace
    • Executive Room

state of the rooms absolutely appalling for a hotel at any level, much less one that claims to be 5 star.

staff and location both good.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Nice little hotel near Champs Elysées

A bit dusty

Location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Great place to explore Paris from...
    • Executive Room

Sadly the lift was out of operation when I stayed.

Brilliant location and very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

👍

The elevator wasn't work

Very nice hotel and nice location

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

French elegance in a fantastic location.

The elevator was broken.

Beautiful room. French elegance.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

We loved the location.

I read other reviews and they all said the same thing: this is not a 5* hotel. I decided to judge for myself. After a weekend stay, I agree. The welcome wasn't 5*, nor was the overall service. There were 2 staff members on the desk and that's all we saw. They were polite which was nice but for over £200 a night I was expecting more. We were shown to our rooms but no help with luggage etc. We got to our room which was very clean and impressive. Something that we weren't told beforehand nor upon arrival is that there is scaffolding up around the hotel exterior for the duration of our stay. This was a bit annoying as the view is something that made me book this hotel. There were no tea or coffee facilities either. If this was advertised as a 3* hotel at a 3* price, I'd be over the moon. It was, however, a 3* hotel at a 5* price. I don't really write reviews but I felt this may be of some use to future guests. if you're looking for a 5* hotel at a 5* price, go with the big names. That's what I think I'll do. But hey, it's only my opinion!

We loved the location. Central to everything and a quick easy walk to the metro and simple for taxis to find. The vintage look of the room was quite nice also.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

The staff were accommodating, the location is very good.

Breakfast costs not clear on booking or when there.

The staff were accommodating, the location is very good. The restaurant is great, pricey but as you'd expect as Michelin stared.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

This was a 5-star hotel probably 20 years ago and has not...

This was a 5-star hotel probably 20 years ago and has not been updated since. In my opinion it needs to lose one of it's stars, or update. The king size bed was 2 single beds pushed together. The carpets were worn and in desperate need of replacing. They provided shampoo, but no conditioner, and the hairdryer blew out cold air. We left our room in to explore Paris in the afternoon on the second day we stayed; I asked reception to organise the turning over of our room, and additionally left out the door-handle sign requesting so, but it wasn't turned over when we returned later that night. Overall - very dissatisfied.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2016

Location excellent.

Would have been nice to have tea and coffe making facilities in room. The downstairs was comfortable but a bar to get a drink would have been good. Otherwise a great hotel.

Location excellent. Staff very helpful and the value for money was top drawer. Room was spacious and clean. Very comfortable. I would recommend the hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

Everything,

nothing at all to complain ..but maybe a coffee making facility would have been good. Noticed some smalll black marks on the carpet..which were there from our last stay ..which by no means negated the cleanliness of the room..but it being a suite ..if that too was ironed out..would be great.but on the whole we were very happy at the hotel de Vigny

Everything, The room is fantastic and very comfortable.Very warm,homely ..a room that you always want to come back to enjoy The staff were very helpful and location is great. and the hotel had attended to the earlier small techinical problem with the tv Will definitly go back

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

Amazing location.

Breakfast was over priced. Toilet broke and we had to wait til the following day to be fixed

Amazing location. Decor exactly what we wanted from a Parisian traditional hotel. Michelin star restaurant in hotel was excellent. Delicious food with impeccable service

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

Very clean hotel.

We had a car with us, the valet went to get the car after we finished checkout and stayed away 20 minutes. Next time they should send him for the car when check-out starts and the car will be there are almost there when you are back.

Very clean hotel. Gorgeous room and bathroom. Friendly staff. Great restaurant attached to it.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

Everyth8ing,The rooms were fabulouse and the location was...

Everyth8ing,The rooms were fabulouse and the location was great and staff were very helpful.Would definitly stay there again.Small hotel..so even better

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

The staff were very attentive, very friendly always well...

The staff were very attentive, very friendly always well coming, accomadating the rooms are very comfortable and cosy and such a fantastic location a few steps away to champs De Elysee small hotel which is very comfortable with an old world charm .would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

It was too noisy to sleep.

It was too noisy to sleep. unfortunately I forgot my usual earplugs and it was hard to sleep. noise from the outside and other floors was there despite the website claiming sound proof rooms.

There are also 58 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel De Vigny traveller photo gallery