Reviews of Hôtel de Joséphine BONAPARTE 4 stars

10, rue d'Ormesson , 4th arr., 75004 Paris, France

#98 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Great hotel, staff exceptional.

Tiny rooms

Great hotel, staff exceptional. But Don’t book on Booking.com much cheaper if you go direct to hotel. We would have saved about $1000 if we did. Very disappointed

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Heart of Marais
    • Classic Twin Room

I liked everything about the place.

Opulent, luxurious surroundings create a relaxed and comfortable feel. Friendly staff and the size of the place make it feel very welcoming.

Fantastic, vibrant hotel with great staff and great clean rooms
    • Family Room

Clean, comfortable family room with fun decor that was very much appreciated by my children ages 3 and 10 and parents too. The beds were fantastic and the set up with two connecting rooms was ideal for us. The staff was helpful and charming as well. The little touches like the complimentary sparkling and plain water in JoBo glass bottles, the coloring books and cute pencils for kids and the great shower and bathrooms really made this place special. The breakfast was also nice. The area is superb in terms of restaurants, shopping, access to attractions and a bonus of being so close to a charming shaded park with playground. We would definitely return again.

The property is beautifully restored decorated.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was a little small but I have stayed in many European boutique hotels and I would say the room size was what I would have expected from a hotel like this.

The property is beautifully restored decorated. The location was superb and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They also provided us with excellent restaurant options and assisted us with getting to see the sights we wanted to see. Overall a wonderful experience.

The atmosphere is awesome- True Parisian experience for a...
    • Classic Double Room

The atmosphere is awesome- True Parisian experience for a solo traveler or couple traveling. Cool, helpful staff went above and beyond where they could. Very good experience.

Nice quirky boutique hotel in excellent location in Le Marais.
    • Classic Double Room

Room was on ground floor with no window. Fortunately good soundproofing so not noisy despite being street level.

Quirky decor and comfortable room. Pleasant English speaking staff

Our favourite hotel in Paris!
    • Classic Double Room

From arrival, the staff were above and beyond. Our room was what dreams are made of, we loved the decor!! Every little details counts and this place nailed it!

Acquaint place to impress in the heart of Paris.

Being an exercise addict, I only missed a bit of a fitness facility... or a connection with a nearby gym.

We stayed in one of the beatifully decorated rooftop suites. The room was very comfortable and quiet. One of the most acquaint hotels in Paris and definitely a place to impress. The location is perfect right in the heart of Le Marais. The staff was extremely nice and helpfull and welcomed us with proper welcome drinks.

A hotel to make your senses pop

The room was small, although comfortable. The shower wasn't pressure-balanced, so there were occasional cold/hot hiccups.

Great location. Very friendly, helpful staff. Comfortable bed. In-room coffee maker. Unique (and really fun) decoration. Nice breakfast, in a stylish room. Good WiFi.

I loved everything about this hotel: the location is truly...

I loved everything about this hotel: the location is truly my favourite in Paris, in the Marais, close to many cafes and boutiques. The hotel is charming and its staff is really wonderful. The front desk staff were extremely courteous and nice. They upgraded my room for my second stay without even me asking. So I had the opportunity to stay in two different rooms and both extremely well designed. Exactly like the pictures shown in Booking. This is my new favourite hotel in Paris. I will definitely stay here from now on.

A jewel in the Marais.
    • Family Room

Great location. Great family room! Lots of restaurants nearby. Very helpful staff. Lovely bar/Breakfast area. Small but perfectly outfitted and comfortable rooms.

Rooms were very dark and small, despite having the second...

Rooms were very dark and small, despite having the second biggest option available. Even for European rooms, they were so dark and dry it was not enjoyable at all.

Nice little boutique hotel in a great location.

Would have liked the hotel more if my room wasn't so super-small. And pretty expensive for the square footage.

Well thought out room. A small room to be sure, but a very efficient use of space.

Would have been excellent - location, staff, ambience, decor all perfect but aircon/heating a drag

air conditioning/heating either suffocating or freezing and the thermostat appeared to have no relationship to reality! Controls impossible and required intervention of staff

Decor beautiful and well presented rooms

The most romantic hotel in Paris
    • Classic Double Room

I got a last minute offer so the price was good. But it might be a rare treat at the full price.

Jobo is an extraordinary jewel box - the antithesis of pared down Scandi - my room , No 204,was decorated in leopard skin, rich fabrics, a herringbone parquet floor that proved to be carpet,,,Directoire style , ultra comfortable bed and cabinetry... oh and roses painted on the beams overhead and roses in the elevator carpet... Bliss. The breakfast was delicious too And the staff are superbly efficient, courteous and sap proud of their hotel

Great area, overpriced hotel and disapointing service.

Expensive for a small room and a very basic breakfast. This was just not at the level of a 4 stars hotel. In addition I have been misinformed by the reception telling me there was parking spots that I could use in front of the hotel (I discovered when I arrived that it was no the case). I must say I have been disapointed by my stay at the Jobo and will not come back.

This area of Paris is really nice. Bastille is fun and full of life. Restaurants, pubs etc in the heart of the city.

Perfect place for a romantic getaway
    • Classic Double Room

Only negative point was that the rooms are quite small, but this seems to be unavoidable at this location in the city.

Near perfect experience - Perfect location close to Notre-Dame, super-cute decoration and very helpfull staff for a reasonable price, with very tasty breakfast and comfy beds. Found it after a search for "romantic hotels in Paris" and really delievered. They also contacted me shortly before the trip to organize pick-up at the airport.

Interior design including clean hotel!

Interior design including clean hotel! Size of hotel isn’t important but main point are service, clean and warm smile..... And here have everything. One more thing, I really like a lady who work there for long long time. We had nice talks and she always gave warm welcome to me. Thank you very much😘.

A charming boutique hotel in a great location!
    • Classic Double Room

We did not plan to eat breakfast at the hotel but we did on Christmas as we were told nothing would be open that day. The food was ok, but we were disappointed as we discovered that many places were open when we went out after breakfast. We mentioned this to staff and they kindly comped our breakfasts. Also , we came back one day to discover that our room had been left unlocked by housekeeping. Luckily nothing was amiss. Overall, we would still consider staying here again as the hotel was charming and the staff very friendly and accommodating.

The location was wonderful. The rooms were comfortable and connected which was perfect for our family of 4. Also, it was nice to have the bar/lounge area downstairs to enjoy a glass of wine or a cup of coffee during the day.

The staff was incredibly helpful in trying to help me find a...

The staff was incredibly helpful in trying to help me find a last minute Christmas gift. The property was great and perfectly located in Le Marais. Would definitely stay again.

Small, beautiful boutique room in the best area of Paris
    • Classic Double Room

The rooms are *very* small, but that is typical for the Marais. The bed wasn't very comfortable, and after sleeping on it for 5 nights we were ready to go home! There isn't enough space to lay out suitcases for 2 people, so we made use of the wardrobe to unpack our clothing. It's a tight squeeze for 2 people which hampered the romantic aesthetic. No counter space in the bathroom to put makeup or a toothbrush.

The hotel design is fabulous. So Parisian! We loved the decor of the entire hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the cleaning staff was thorough. The hotel is very well located in the Marais near a metro stop, and close to some of the best restaurants in the district.

The noise coming through the windows from the street is...
    • Classic Double Room

Poorly designed windows, noise from the street

The noise coming through the windows from the street is unbelievable. I thought I slept with windows wide open and even got up to check at 6am. They were closed and even though they are double glazed the noise kept me up all night and morning. I never experienced anything g like Thais in other hotels. Other than that everything was and went well.

I would definitely return
    • Classic Double Room

The rooms are somewhat tight and there was a bit of noise coming from the square about 150 feet down the street.... which is pretty normal for any big city.

Beautiful interiors with a great Parisian feel. Extremely helpful staff.

It's great for business or pleasure!

That the Firemen across the street did not work outside more !!!!

The Breakfast was amazing ... the room was unique and properly made. I WOULD stay here again and again and again ... just wish we had booked here first ...

The hotel and its staff were instrumental in making our stay in Paris a good and memorable experie.
    • Classic Double Room

I felt that for the money I paid per night for the room, at least a continental breakfast should be included. Instead, they were asking for 10 euros per person for coffee, croissant and OJ. At Paul's, which is just across the street, we got a croissant and coffee for 3.75 euro per person.

The hotel and its staff were great. Very good central location and the nearby landmarks are easily accessible.

A perfect hotel with exceptional staff in the best location in Paris.

From the very moment of entering Hotel "JoBo", I knew that this would be special. The exceptionally welcoming staff who then accompanied me to my room and showed me all of the special features and asked if there was anything they could do to assist! The breakfast was outstanding in quality and presentation. Freshly squeezed orange juice, nicely prepared eggs and smoked salmon, fresh fruit, pastries and most excellent cappuccino. The room, itself, was exactly as described and shown in the website and was perfect for my stay; beautifully and elegantly decorated with the nice touches of nespresso coffee and tea service! And, finally, the location in the Marais at Metro 1 St. Paul could not be more convenient for enjoying the heart of Paris.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Fantastic staff that understands the true meaning of the word hospitality. Phenomenal experience!

The eggs for breakfast were a unique consistency that we did not enjoy, and as others have mentioned there is just one pump of body wash in the shower, that is lovely and smells delightful but some prefer to have separate shampoo, conditioner etc. This is not an actually dislike, just an observation.

Cyril was phenomenal. He answered emails before we arrived and treated us like family. Having been in the hotel business for the past two decades and being one who goes above and beyond for my guests, it was a very welcome and appreciated level of service, one that I do not usually receive perhaps because my expectations are so high. Truly made us feel like we were family in a home. The beds were amazing and comfortable. The area is a fantastic place to stay for food and shopping. The entire staff is friendly, truly cares and is very, very helpful. If we are lucky enough to return, we would be grateful to stay at this hotel again. The shower and water pressure was wonderful. Our stay was just so lovely and everything was exceptional.

A beautiful boutique hotel, with modern necessities and great staff.
    • Classic Twin Room

There really wasn't anything.

The decor is fabulous, the room was small but very well designed and there are lots of lovely little touches, such as the little reading lights on each side of the bed that light up at a touch and bend to where you want, or the USB connections in the beside cubby hole so you can charge your phone next to you.................and lots more.

Awesome boutique hotel in a perfect location
    • Classic Double Room

The staff went above expecatarion. Got a room early seeing how tired we were from our flight and gave us a free cappuccino and croissant for our wait. Then gave us a summary of all the place we should go, how to get there, and a summary of what to expect and why we should go there.

A lovely hotel!

Nothing in particular

Great location, near to public transportation, very close to Église Saint-Paul-Saint-Louis, and a few steps from Place des Vosges. The staff is friendly, welcoming and helpful, and the style and design are interesting and beautiful. I loved this place!

Great location, very central.

Rooms very small and dark and quite noisy in the evenings when trying to sleep - bring earplugs!

Great location, very central. Staff friendly - particularly the female staff members.

Romantic first stay in La Marais, Paris.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast is pretty basic... but hey, you're in Paris, why are you eating at the hotel when there are 20 cafes on each block?

Hotel JoBo is cute, exotic, and is in excellent location. Walk to scores of restaurants in minutes. Public transport is just around the corner. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Rooms are Paris-small-sized, but JoBo managed to fit in a huge (comparatively) bathroom and all the amenities into the room, including a mini fridge for that all-important cold water after summer days out walking.

Perfect.
    • Family Room

We had a very early check out and we were unable to get breakfast because the deliveries had had arrived yet, however, that was minor. The smell of perfume throughout the hotel for overwhelming for me. My daughter like the smell of the perfume though and said it was cool.

I particularly loved the bathroom shower. The staff were kind and friendly and Steins who was our front desk clerk on the evening shift went above and beyond to assist the family when my wedding ring was stuck on my finger. He called the doctor for me and did everything in his power to help to make me more comfortable with the swelling of my finger. Thank you for doing all that you could to assist the family with my finger injury Steins.

Stylish boutique hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Rooms are a bit on the small size, but this is Paris after all.

Super stylish and centrally located boutique hotel. Staff is nice. Will definitely return.

Stylish and Comfortable Stay in Le Marais Neighborhood

Nothing-great for what I needed.

Beautiful bathroom, funky + unique decor, comfortable bed and more personable experience. The room was on the smaller side, but big enough for one person. Modern conveniences like a USB connection, etc. Quite close to a lot of restaurants, Metro...lively area with lots to do and lots to eat.

A lovely place to stay

The coffee from downstairs could improve, and it would have been nice if the croissants were warm. However this would NOT stop me staying here again.

I liked just about everything in this hotel! Especially the quiet and convenience of location. Such a great area.

location, friendly woman at desk who offered us drinks and...
    • Classic Double Room

Being charged for milk for our coffee (there was coffee maker in the but no creamer, so we went to the kitchen to get some--seemed strange to be charged a "room service" fee for that. No shampoo. Small rooms.

location, friendly woman at desk who offered us drinks and snacks until our room was ready

I liked the location of the hotel.

There were no toiletries in the room, which I believe 4star hotel should have in place. Also the rooms were way smaller than presented than on the web. I came for business and stayed for two nights on my own and it was acceptable. Staying for leisure or any time longer would be in such small and rather less equipped room not be pleasant.

I liked the location of the hotel.

Funky / sexy decoration.
    • Classic Double Room

Funky / sexy decoration. Very punk sort of vibe but stayed true to the place with very Parisian sort of style. Best for couples or solo travelers looking to spend a weekend shopping in one of the best districts of Paris.

Don't stay here without ear plugs and a fan
    • Classic Double Room

Room temperature could not be adjusted Hot water never got above like warm Room poorly soundproofed. We heard every doorstep and every conversation outside. It is across the street from the paramedics, so constant sirens. Terrible hotel for 350 euro/night

Enjoyed our Stay

Room a little small.

Location was excellant, staff also except for little tiff on departure. Rooms a little smaller than expected, bathroom ok. Had been recently renovated creating an atmosphere very much matched to the history of Paris. Will stay again

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Not to be missed
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was a tad disappointing. The eggs were a bit mushy and the pancakes were cold. A bit expensive for what it was🤔🤔

10 out of 10 for comfort, friendliness and uniqueness. Location was ideal. Decor was so cool and quirky😊😊😊

Lovely hotel but not value for money. 250 euros a night for a small room with no bath!
    • Classic Double Room

The room was very small, and the bathroom had no bath. Sorry, but for 250 euros a night that is unacceptable. We loved the hotel but it is far too expensive.

Excellent staff, Location and comfort.

The male concierge was so helpful .

The coffee machine didn't work in one if the rooms . No individual shampoos or shower caps etc the items you have to have in a hotel especially if you are only staying overnight . No milk in room for the coffee . Robe but no slippers etc really poor

The male concierge was so helpful . the decoration was wonderful and the bed really comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Nice hotel with a very special design.
    • Classic Twin Room

Nice hotel with a very special design. Double room is not so big but very comfortable, nice and super clean. Coffee machine, kettle, tea, toiletries, sparkling and still water for free every day. Amazing salong with beautiful paintings. Helpfull, professional staff. Nice breakfast, welcome drink. Close to Metro, aprox 3 min, walking distance to many places of interest in center, nice neighbourhood, very quiet area. Shopping center Marais - in 5 min walking. We liked everything at this hotel. Will definately come back.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

The best hotel in Paris !!!!!!!

No negatives everything was great

Everything was excellent , staff was extremely kind and helpful , the rooms were lovely , location perfect ! Breakfast delicious ! I def will recommend to anyone looking for a lovely stay in Paris !

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Quirky luxury! My new favourite place in Paris!

There was nothing I didn't like

The staff were lovely without being overbearing!Friendly and charming. The room was spotless and I loved the leopard skin wallpaper! The decor of the hotel was colorful, warm and cosy,and the bed was almost impossible to get out of, it was SO comfortable with fabulous bed linen too!!

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

The perfect location just a few steps from Place des Vosges a charming boutique hotel
    • Classic Twin Room

even with all the lights on the room was dark, the heavy tapestries and moquette were a little bit overwhelming even if part of the hotels' atmosphere. I don't really like a soap dispenser in the shower. I wish you didn't have to ask the reception for a room service menu: we came in late one night and just wanted food brought up!

The staff was very welcoming and helpful, they provided us with plenty of information whenever we asked. The room had a beautiful bathroom with a larger than usual shower - especially considering the room size.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Odd hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Some staff appeared to be not very knowledgeable about restaurants etc. Decor intended to be ironic, I suppose, but to me was just odd.

On weekdays, this hotel is a good deal, for Paris. Fabulous location in Le Marais, about a block from St. Paul church.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

I cannot wait to stay there again

The shower could have been stronger and there was no hot water for a bath

The staff were all friendly & informative. The hotel is stylish,beautiful and original. The bed was v comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Very helpful staff
    • Classic Double Room

The atmosphere of hotel is fantastic. Very good location close to Louvre, Notre Dame, one minute to Rue de Rivoli. Staff is helpful, very-very helpful. The beginning of our honeymoon was perfect. Thank you guys.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Cool, central and friendly
    • Classic Double Room

Restaurant recommendations hit and miss (mostly miss).

Cool design, fabulous location and friendly service with some lovely extras that made it great value for money - free champagne on arrival, superb (free) breakfast and happy to accommodate room requests.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

everything a little small, tight and kitschy.
    • Classic Double Room

rooms to small, and as we had a room facing the street - it was very loud and one could not sleep with open window.

Personal bemüht aber nicht gut ausgebildet.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

A delightful little hotel.

The location was fantastic on a quiet side street off the main road in the Marais. The metro was right around the corner and there was so much to walk to right in the neighborhood.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Elegant and Romantic

Jobo is an amazing little boutique hotel in Le Marais, close to St. Pauls but on a quiet little side alley so it feels very private.. Each room is unique, with elegant wallpapers and fabrics, handpainted details. What a great place for a romantic getaway! Staff are all warm and friendly, the breakfast room offers a bounteous morning buffet with homemade goodies everywhere.

Wanting to stay in Le Marais? Don't stay anywhere else!
    • Family Room

Loved the connecting rooms. We had our own door with our own private hallway and then our rooms were off the hallway. Each bedroom had enough room with their own bathroom, coffee machine, TV and own bathroom. Beds were super comfortable. Decor lovely. Our rooms had USB plug in's so no need for adaptors and for people coming from the UK they had UK plugs in the wall's so need for a travel adaptor. Staff were helpful and super friendly. Great location with lots of good cafes and restaurants nearby. Also great for shopping. A most stay, couldn't recommend more.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Hotel rooms were adorable and such a fun theme!

Hotel rooms were adorable and such a fun theme! I had the roses room and loved it. Staff were incredibly helpful and it was perfect located Le Marais. I'd definitely recommend this to female travelers. Rooms were also clean and up-to-date.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Had an enjoyable stay in a good Marais location.
    • Classic Double Room

Small lift which can only fit one person at any one time with luggage but lift was fast.

The location was about 150m from the St Paul underground. Lots of hip restaurants around and nice quaint shops. Eiffel Tower was about 4-5km walk which was a good stroll. Lourve was also close by on the M1 line for Euro 1.90 per pax for zone 1. Bed was very comfortable. We were in room 104. Room overlooks a fire station and some restaurants but it was not noisy. A corner bakery a few meters from St Paul station had panini to die for in the morning. Also has a nice church at the t-junction from the hotel. Provides drinking water daily, tea, coffee, bath robes. Deco was fantastic. Room not super big but was comfortable for 2 people. Love the hotel!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Fantastic

A little expensive

Beautiful Hotel, really friendly and thoughtful staff, excellent location - so close to Metro, very good stable free wifi, great cocktails at the bar

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Pleasant and cosy
    • Classic Double Room

Size of the room, a little bit too small.

Great location with metro , cafe n supermarket nearby. Friendly staffs. Deco of the hotel

The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and very welcoming.
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and very welcoming. The staff are very friendly and quite fun to talk to and were very helpful.

Very friendly welcome, perfect location with more than most...
    • Classic Double Room

Very friendly welcome, perfect location with more than most Marais hotels as far as space to relax in the bar, terrace. Perfect for romantic weekend.

Everything about the property was perfect .
    • Classic Double Room

Everything about the property was perfect ... location, staff, decor, price was great too !

One night stay to celebrate wifes birthday. This hotel made it special.

Reception staff very helpful with a good knowledge of English. Booked restaurant for us and were generally very knowledgeable of the area.

If inly rooms would be better fitted!!
    • Classic Double Room

Very little space to store/hang stuff/clothes in the room!!!!!

Location, size

Comfortable, friendly, convenient and charming

Apart from more light - nothing! Very happy thank you!

The room was very comfortable but a little dark - more lighting please!

Friendly staff

Soo overrated

Friendly staff

Excellent but a bit expansive

A bit expensive

Staff, room, bathroom, location

Friendly helpful staff.

Friendly helpful staff. Great location. Amazing hotel

This is THE place to stay in Paris!
    • Classic Double Room

The staff made the difference in our stay! Exceptional service and friendliness, with excellent English!

Loved the decor.

Loved the decor. And the bed was super comfy. Staff was really nice too.

Great design.

Great design. Very stylish

The decoration is too heavy

The decoration is too heavy

Good location. Small hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

everything's small and cramped.

good location, quite.

Beautifully decorated rooms in a perfect location in the Marais with kind and attentive service.

Service, room decor, location,