Reviews of Villa La Parisienne 3 stars

39, Rue Lamartine, 9th arr., 75009 Paris, France

#749 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Only thing I could fault would be if you were a larger person the toilet is very tight in beside the basin.

Fantastic position to all public transport & restaurants. Good wifi, & very friendly & helpful staff that speak english.

- Rooms much smaller than they look on the photos. - Email from the hotel offering services and extras, I requested champagne but this was never received (nor was I charged for). - Member of staff asleep on the reception desk. - Buy breakfast out! It's cheaper!

- Great location. - Friendly staff (the majority). - Clean rooms. - Quiet location.

Safety deposit box was a joke! You could remove it within seconds! We complained about that but nothing has been done during our stay. Also security was poor as on several occasions we were handed our room key without any verification by a different staff members!

Great location! Walking distance to most of tourists spots. Plenty restaurants and cafes nearby. Room is small but that’s how it is in Paris so no complains about that. Nice bathroom. Very clean.

Bathroom door was broken and no toilet paper nor tissue in the initial room reserved. They said no alternative room because if fully booked rooms however changed the room, and the new rooms bathroom door was also broken, so we had to go to the bathroom with the sliding door fully open. The new room had no bath tub, much smaller than the first, and bathroom door broken again, a huge downgrade from the booking hence we felt like we paid much more than what was promised to us during time of the booking.

The room was neglected. It could be easily take care with a little white paint! The walls and the ceiling was stained, the phone wasn't working and the bathroom mirror lamp was broken. No electric plugs near the bed, tiny details... An effort to care would be appreciated....

The location was very good. Walking distance to Monmartre and Opera,3 subway stations, lots of markets and restaurants, cafes around. The room was clean, comfortable. There was a little fridge in the room.

Don’t go for a standard room. It was extremely small and that was not clearly mentioned as all photos used in all categories were almost the same.

The loveliest staff I’ve ever met. They make you feel at home and try everything possible to help you enjoy your trip. The breakfast is good and you can even have it delivered to your room.

Well priced for location. Room was not large, but very clean, limited toiletries. Good choice of restaurants within walking distance. Can recommend La Belle Maison in the Rue Navarin. Staff are very friendly and helpful and speak to English well.

It seems that he booking.com information was outdated. If I knew that my room has a fridge, I would have bought some milk and yoghurt for the morning or butter to take home with me back to London.

The people and the price. The staff were very helpful in suggesting where to have dinner, and breakfast.

The rooms are small but same with most Paris hotels.

The first room we were put in showed sings if condensation/mould but upon asking for a change, it was done within an hour. Good response.

A little dated. Small room. We smelled smoke while in the room, Guy from hotel said it was from street, but im not so sure. Also quite noisy..

Fantastic location. Rooms not great but clean and functional

We received a room that had a problem with the door key. For 3 days, whenever I wanted to enter the room, I had to ask for help to open it with a manager key. I do not feel pleased with my stay at this hotel and never invited him.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The temperature of the shower water was sometimes hot and sometimes cold

The hotel location. It is near the meeting place, the supermarkets and eateries and train stations

The room is too small and it's not the same as the pictures at all which are put on booking.com. I'm so disappointed about that. And some facilities in the room is old. It does not worth the price.....never trust the pictures again....

The location is quite convenient which is located in the city centre. There are many restaurants nearby. And the staff there is nice and helpful.

The room was overheated, and with the radiator valve seemingly out of order, the only way to cool it down was to leave the window open (not that comfortable when the weather is cold).

Lift was very small.

Staff was really nice and welcomed us. They helped us to find our way and even explained places to visit. Bed was comfortable and room was comfortable. We could heat the room to normal temperature so we did not get affected by unbearable cold.

Kettle wasn't working and we reported it on the first night. Sadly, it was not replaced or repaired at all.

Nice, clean rooms. Friendly and accommodating front desk.

• Standard Twin Room

Great value for money. Quite near to the subway and the city historical center. A lot of cafes and restaurants in the surrounding area. The staff was very polite and the room tidy and cleaned eevry day.

Generally, no complaints. I am nitpicking here but it would've been nice if the coffee we were given wasn't decaf and we had more coffee creamer.

Given that finding a good hotel in Paris feels like a really daunting task, it is to our good fortunate that we ended up finding this property. While it isn't really within walking distance to any of the major sites, it is well served by multiple bus lines and a very close metro station. Plus, the area is full of shops, restaurants, and a few mini-markets, laundromats, and pharmacies. The hotel retains its Parisian charm, and part of that is because the rooms aren't large (but big enough to accommodate two people and all their things). We were even given an actual double bed! Having bathrobes, coffee and tea making facilities, and a wardrobe to store our things were all welcome facilities. Wifi was great and fast, working well in the room and the lobby. Generally staff are friendly, always greeting you with a Bonjour and Bonsoir whenever you came in the hotel, and they tolerated our attempts at speaking French. They were also able to arrange a good shuttle that took us to the airport on time.

Not properly cleaned, dusty, bedding not clean, toilet/bathroom not clean. Found hairs (not my own) all over place. Can see a 'quick' attempt to clean the room occured.

Wifi was good, location good, friendly night staff.

One thing, the double bed was too large for the room (No 102) making the space very very narrow. The rest was excellent!

Most enjoyable & comfortable - Thsnk you!

Before we arrive, we were agreed with one of staffs in hotel via Booking.com to upgrade the room by paying extra. However the staff who handled the checkin didn't know the upgrading agreement and gave us the original room. When we checked out, his colleague asked for upgrading fee for the superior room that we didn't stay. The alignment among staffs need to be improved.

Location is great! Staffs are friendly.

Room was small but managable.

The area was very nice and also close to many great cafes and sight seeing places. Short walk to Sacre Coeur and markets etc. Close to metro.

We were under the impression from the pictures that we could have breakfast in the room, and were actually told at check in we could only to be disappointed in the morning when they said they actually don't do room service at all. The cleaner was very hit and miss - some days really efficient, other days we had no towels, no bed made, no refreshments. But, as I say in the positives, the reception staff solved our issues straight away without any fuss.

The staff were very accommodating and any issues we had were solved immediately which was greatly appreciated. The location of the hotel is excellent! The metro was about 2 minutes away with great connections to get all over Paris and we actually walked with our luggage to and from the Gare du Nord.

Bathroom was a little difficult to navigate due to size, nothing really negative to say!

Fantastic location, loads to do & explore locally within walking distance, easy access to the metro meaning all of Paris accessible. Hotel was clean, welcoming & comfortable...plus great air-con in the 37 degree heat!

• Standard Twin Room

Nice boutique hotel only a short walk from the metro, making it very easy to get around Paris. Friendly & helpful staff. Quiet rooms. We had a sidewalk level room & I was concerned about pedestrian & street noises during the night as well as excess light. The room had automatic window shutters that eliminated any outside light as well as noises. Great night's sleep.

• Superior Twin Room

Even I've booked an 18 m2 room, it was a quite small room. Also the restaurant and the hotel reception area is smaller than the photos. Don't believe the photoz. Breakfast is very simple but it was ok for me. If you are looking for a continental breakfast it will be absolute disappointment. Also the ladies in the breakfast room were not welcoming and friendly. I had problems with Booking.com not with the hotel! 1-Booking has withdraw all the money after 5 seconds from my reservation, even I've booked and extra paid for free cancellation. I spend my times to get my money back. 2-Booking hasn't informed the hotel that I've already paid for the breakfast. I've been asked to pay extra for the breakfasts. The booking.com team haven't worked properly. Again, I am saying that, these are the problems that I've experienced with Booking.com not with the Hotel!

Friendly staff and clean room.

Nighttime Staff was not informed of my arrival during the day.

Narrow street, taxi could not park in front of hotel. Very small room, very bare minimum bathroom.

There are things that you can count but not necessarily that important. But there are things that you can not count but very important. One thing I love about this place is the people, especially Frederique. I was travelling for business in such a busy schedule, while getting off the taxi I thought my iphone was stolen. I was in such a stressful condition. From the moment I entered to lobby, she make me feel everything is going to be just fine. She is very considerate in a very helpful way. Rooms or utilities do not make you feel safe and calm, people make you feel you are safe and calm, just as you are at home. I'd like to especially thank you for Frederique.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The room is too small. It is hard to put 2 luggages in. We have to move them to the closet after we take things out. The cup is not clean.

Bed is ok. The location to the nearest station is 5 mins walk

The room was quite small

Clean room Nicely decorated, cozy Comfortable bed Fridge on the room, even though it was not announced by the hotel Perfect location

Carpets were a bit smelly. The breakfast wasnt inviting so we passed it. The elevator is old and a bit scary.

A huge comfortable bed. Bath was nice and comfy as well. The staff was nice. Location is close to the Metro, hence all paris

• Standard Twin Room

Room is a bit small for a twin room but it's always like that in Paris, so it's okay. Staff is helpful!

Excellent location, walking distance to almost everything

The room was small and one day wasn't cleaned and tiddied at all, the other days not properly. and the hotel for my opinion of view needs some maintenance work.and absolutelly the rating was too high.

I have to repeat that this is my so far the best hotel experience in Paris - certainly best value for money! Not to mention that the hotel is located in the most beautiful quartier of Paris.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

For Paris hotel standards, this is the best experience I had so far. Cozy and warm room, clean and well organized, newly renovated with the most comfortable bed and very welcoming staff. The WIFI worked properly throughout the stay. It's definitely a hotel I will go back to!

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

The shower room was rather tight but not a big issue as i was small sized

a)The lady, Sonia, manning the hotel reception was very helpful. She helped to call the airport shuttle company to confirm time and place for pick-up to airport and provided clear directions on taking the metro from the hotel to Champs Elysee b) Kettle in the room to boil water c) Hotel was within walking distance to Galaries Lafayette and supermarkets/eateries

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The towels were a bit shabby and the pillows were lumpy.

The location of the hotel is perfect. Close to Opera Garnier, Galerie Lafayette, Printemps and many other attractions. The staff is very helpful and friendly.The neighborhood is overall comfy and quiet.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Style, design, comfort, staff, location and price! Quiet, sound-proofed rooms even though in the center of the city. Everything was just excellent. A boutique hotel equal to a 5* one!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Despite informing them in advance that we'd travel with a baby, the receptionist had no info about this upon check in. Hotel has no baby cots and they were giving us a twin bedded room, very uncomfortable with the baby. But finally we got a double room and it was fine.

Location is convenient with Metro access. Staff is very friendly and loyal. Allowed us to check out 4.30hr after the check out time free of charge.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The staff were very prompt in sorting out the safe and TV. Before we arrived that wanted to know what we would like to do and see during our stay and forwarded their recommendations.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

We had a room with windows to the street, so when they had to empty the trashcan it caused a lot of noise, but only if you slept with the windows open like we did. I don't think the noise will be as loud if the windows were closed.

Small but a very nice and new hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. rooms were nice ande clean with new bathroom and air-con. Location was great, close to metro station and walking distance to a lot of bigger streets with great opportunity for shopping and dining

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Only one English TV channel. When we check in, the guy is rude, and no smill at all. He even charged us 532.50€ instead of 532.20€.

USB Socket is very useful. Near to everything, supermaket, subway stop, restauant, shipping center, scenic spots and historical sites.

Comfort room. Good location. Helpful staff.

The staff is really helpful and everything is in excellent conditions. Second time I stayed in the hotel. Good choice in Paris without a doubt!

Room was way too small

The fridge goes off when you plug out your card. That is a problem if you leave food in there for the day when you are out.

My room was very inconvenient to get to.

Tidy, convenient to metro, great staff

Size of the room was very small, quite fustrating.

Staff were very kind, couldnt do enough to help you.

old design need to be refurbished

Really good location

Good city hotel for a short stay.

The staff was great - very warm, welcoming and extremely helpful.

Front desk staff was extremely helpful!!

The room was too small and very close to the elevator

The location of the hotel was perfect, wonderful very feminine furniture, very helpful stsff

Sound proofing could be a lot better; you can hear the neighbor's TV through the wall.

Great location, comfortable bed, nice staff.

It looks a bit crowded, but i think all rooms in paris is like this.

The location is good, Staff is nice.

property safety

• Standard Twin Room

Great location and value for the quality of the rooms and services!

The room and the bathroom were super small, if one person was doing something, the other needed to lay on the bed.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• 2 Adjacent Standard rooms

The beds are comfortable. Good for travelers' stay because of the location. Recommend!

Our room was not cleaned after leaving on the morning. Thé room was smaller than in thé pictures

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

After three stays here, definitely my first choice for short business stays in Paris.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Room very small, right on the street level.

Nice wellcome

Room size

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

COULD DO WITH SOME MAINTENANCE REPAIRS...

LOCATION...

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Elevator could be in a better condition.

Very nice & helpful people! Clean & nice place.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Front desk staff were very helpful. Room was clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

There were no slippers in the room

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Unbelievably helpful and charming day staff

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Free coffee and croissants, very amiable and helpful hosts. Rooms were very clean, albeit a bit small.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Staff were very friendly. Room was always beautifully clean. Modern and fresh. 2 minutes from the metro.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Standard Twin Room

close to multiple metro stations near by coin laundry

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Tried to give us a double room when we ordered a twin, very stressful after a long journey.

Location,

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Excellent staff. Very helpful particularly with my friend who was very ill. I managed to find my way on public transport with no French due to the helpfulness of the staff. Great location with lots of restaurants and food shops close by.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

The carpets were a bit dirty and the walls were paper thin. You get what you pay for though!

Great location, comfortable beds, newly renovated, staff were helpful. There were many places to eat around the hotel as well.

There are also 41 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Villa La Parisienne traveller photo gallery