Reviews of Le 20 Prieuré Hôtel 3 stars

20 Rue Du Grand Prieure, 11th arr., 75011 Paris, France

#496 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Would definitely recommend for a short stay in the city.

We had to leave at 7.30 in the morning to catch out flight and breakfast didn't start until 8 so we missed that.

We only stayed one night (after a week at disney) but it was a great hotel. The staff were really helpful telling us how to get places and arranged us a taxi to take us to the airport early the next morning. It was easy to get the metro to the Eiffel Tower with the metro station a short walk from the hotel.

Amazing location in the cool Marais district.

Amazing location in the cool Marais district. Bric a brac market right by hotel. Staff were great, room spotless and exactly what we needed. Highly recommended.

Defiantly worth booking

As we had an early flight we arrived to the hotel at around 9am, our hotel room wasn't ready (normal as check in usually isn't until mid afternoon anyway) but the reception team kindly gave us another room to let us take a shower and freshen up after travelling from London so we could fully enjoy our first day in Paris. I also E-mailed before my trip asking for a room with a balcony (if possible) the hotel listened to my requested and reserved a room with a balcony for my trip. They were very polite and helpful both before my holiday via email and whilst we were there.

Great location & comfortable room - ideal as a sightseeing base!

Only a net curtain in the en-suite - could have done with a blind as well for added privacy.

Hotel very close to Oberkampf metro and in a quiet area. Comfortable single room on the 6th floor - thankfully there was a lift! Air con was quiet so could leave it on at night to keep the room cool. Very happy with the room.

I had a great time staying there, would love to go back again!

Wifi wasn't consistent and stable, if the hotel can improve on that, it will be super.

The hotel staff is extremely helpful! I was about to Uber to the Orly airport, but the front desk was super helpful and called a taxi for me, which saved me almost 30 Euros because uber was by demand and charged even more than regular taxi traveling to the airport. The location is great, not too touristy, near to all: supermarket, subway, plus there is a fantastic bakery nearby. You have to stay there to try it!!!

Close to Oberkampf metro 200m Good restaurants and berkery...

I dont like the plastic cup. They should change to ceremic/glass instead bcuz it's melt when u pour hot water 😩

Close to Oberkampf metro 200m Good restaurants and berkery around. There is safe if you come back to hotel at night, quiet area. Wifi is great. You can walk to Replublique metro 400m away and Le marais by distance. The bed is good & comfy. Tiny room but clean. The bathroom is quit large. They have safe box and hot pot for make coffee/tea/noodle cup.

Pleasant stay

Nothing to complain.

The hotel is very good located, close to train station, close to a lot of places to eat. The area is nice and safe. The staff is really friendly and open to help, if needed. I would definitely choose this hotel again, when in Paris. And one of the greatest thing: we had a balcony, even if small, was really enjoyable.

The staff is excellent, super friendly and available, good...

My room was exceedingly tiny, but this is Paris, carpeted and in general not very clean. There was some kind of party next door(not in the hotel, but in the house next door, but there's no noise insulation) and this disturbed me until 11pm,it felt like they were in the room with me with loud music. Very annoying. This hotel is ok for one night, but not more that that

The staff is excellent, super friendly and available, good internet connection and excellent location, very close to underground

Du Marais -Eat, Drink and be merry and rest easy here

I wish I could have extended my stay but there was no availability and I know this review will make it even harder next time but it's not all about me.

A beautiful, modern and centrally-located Marais hotel that I fell in love with immediately upon entering my single room on the top floor. The room reminded me of a loft apartment and there began my fantasy of living in the Marais. The staff was so helpful and friendly! Walk down the street a few doors and eat at Pharmacy (Restaurant) you wont regret it.

An enjoyable stay in a good value hotel.

It’s the third or fourth time we’ve stayed here and there is room for a decoration update. Also extremely poor wi fi. We also preferred taking breakfast in the local cafes. I would stress though that the hotel is excellent value for money.

Excellent location for anyone who has done the main sites and wants a ‘real’ Paris experience. Some great local bars,authentic low key restaurants and non chain shopping.

It's super close to the Metro, staff was amazing.

It's super close to the Metro, staff was amazing. I was traveling with my mom and they even had a very nice desk person that spoke Spanish. They hold your bags after checkout if you have a late flight and would like to continue to sight see. I would return in a heartbeat.

A small modest hotel in a lovely neighbourhood where parking is extremely expensive.

The view on the inner courtyard was depressing. Moreover the courtyard carried the noise from other people. The lift was pretty slow and too small for serving 6 floors. Parking is extremely expensive.

Easy check in and out. The neighbourhood was nice.

Good for quick overnight stay in Paris

Single room under roof was smaller than I expected. Parking space was difficult to find.

Location (After work dinner in Paris and had to drive to CDG early) and price range. Short but good nights sleep.

Couldn't have asked for much more really, would...

Breakfast was quite pricey so decided not to take it.

Couldn't have asked for much more really, would definitely stay again. Close to Le Marais, clean hotel, friendly staff... it was great.

Great hotel stay in a great location!

The room was very warm, even after turning the heat off for the duration of my stay, it was still warm and you aren't able to turn on the A/C during the winter which is understandable, but a bit frustrating.

The location of this hotel is amazing! Its near multiple subway stops, one being a large stop with multiple connecting lines. There are plenty of restaurants within the surrounding blocks and its a short walk to the Marais neighborhood which offers a lot of restaurants, bars and shopping. The staff were great, easy to communicate with and the front desk was occupied 24/7. This was by far the largest single room I've stayed in! I had more than enough room for a morning workout. Having a small mini-fridge was a nice surprise.

good place to stay with a toddler

The baby crib could have used an extra matress, it seems like there was a part missing (the hard cover to put under the matress), so it didn't seem very comfortable for our daughter.

third time we come to this hotel, it's a good place to stay for a weekend in Paris: nice charming little hotel with nice staff and close to the nice area's of Paris (Marais, Oberkampf,...) and metro stations. It's easy to find a parking place on the big boulevards close to the hotel and the hotel is family-friendly, it's a good place to stay with a toddler (baby crib, high chair at breakfast,...).

Terrific, a great place to stay.

Reception were terrific helping me find English speaking health help. Room and bathroom were so big with windows that opened, how nice! Quiet hotel but still easy to explore Paris from Republic area.

I am so glad I found this charming little hotel.

The hotel was quaint and very close to Metro. Also there were great little Bistros close to the hotel The staff was amazing. Everyone was so friendly and went out of their way to make my partner and I feel welcomed.

Basic city hotel in convenient location

It is a city budget hotel so expectations should not be high. The place is old, our room was quite small and very noisy, there is no soundproof so you can hear all the noise from the corridor. OK probably for a couple of nights.

English speaking staff is always a bonus in France. Location was very convenient, there are a few bars/restaurants around while Le Marais is just 20-30 min walk. Did not try the breakfast but there is a really nice bakery just around the corner.

Enjoyable stay overall.

Choice for breakfast was limited. No shower gel, no conditioner. Rooms are small. Average level of cleanliness - carpet in rooms.

Welcoming and friendly staff.

Lovely, central hotel with great stuff and great price

Shower in bathroom needed some attention. Lift was slow.

Lovely, modern hotel. Great location. Friendly staff. Free wi-fi. Well connected. Adffordable.

Great location Nice staff.

Nothing really.

The location is really good 2 min walk from oberkampf metro station.The staff was really sweet and helpful. They kept complimentary chocolate croissants and green apples on reception for guests. The neighborhood of the hotel was also quiet good,lively and safe if traveling back to hotel late at night.

fine

the fruit salad for breakfast was awful. one of the grapes was partially moldy and it it looked like the fruit was left over from the day before. One of the juice glasses was chipped.

The bed was nice . the towels were nice

WONDERFUL PLACE TO STAY

GREAT HOTEL! I stayed May 26-May 30, 2017 I was greeted by Kevin greeted and he was absolutely amazing. He gave me so much information which made me feel a lot better with planning the 3 full days I had in Paris. It was my first time out of the country and I was alone. Kevin spoke great English and I'm pretty sure I heard him speaking Spanish. My password connection to wifi ended and I spoke with another staff member and I was given another code right way. I was always greeted when I came in or our of the hotel. The room was great. There was plenty of room to walk around, there was a closet with a safe, the bathroom had plenty of room and places to put items, and the bath/shower were great. The bed was also very comfy. I had a wonderful time at the hotel in Paris.

Lovely little gem in great location

Bathrooms had a little water damage on door and mildew in corners of tub.

Hip little hotel with helpful staff in a great, non-touristy neighborhood. Small rooms, fun decor, very quiet.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Perfect for a short stay, avoid the breakfast : go in the street

Wifi wasn't reliable for work. The breakfast is expensive for indeed a lot of quantity but industrial and tasteless food.

The location is great everything around is perfect to stay in Paris. Many metro line available and the channel closeness is great with is bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Perfect location for Paris city stay

Rooms are a bit small but it is typical for Paris.

Perfect location if you have to stay in the center of Paris. Close to metro, many restaurants and cafes around, vibrant area. The stuff was very friendly and helpful! Truly enjoyed my stay and will come back!

Convenient

The toilet was very small and the mirror was low.

Room is modern and cute. The hotel overall is neat. Location is calm and convenient (close to 2 metro stations)

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Calm street well locate at the 11eme

The room was small but very silent, the bed was comfortable and we could sleep well. We had breakfast at a boulangerie at Boulevard Voltaire right around the corner from the hotel, with very good croissants and a nice service.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Paris You will be never enough..

We have stayed at the hotel for 4 nights, everything looked just as in photos, but of course rooms are quite small and because of big double bed not so much of free space. but enough for 2 people. there was elctric kettle in room so we could make our coffee and take some croissants in boulangerie just next door to hotel and have quick breakfast. staff was always very friendly and assisted with all our questions! with their help we knew how to use the bicycles in the city which made it easy for us to ride around the whole city (just I would suggest to mention that bicycles are to be used only to get from one point to another and not keeping them for all day, as then you pay a lot) Great location, we walked from there all around, and also esy and very close access from metro when we came from airport. Hotel is easy to find and located a bit away from the main road which makes it not too much noisy. Even though we slept with an open window due to finding it too hot in the room in the middle of April. ))

What a lovely place.

This was a wonderful find. The staff were amazing. Very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. We stayed for 7 nights and of course always had questions. They were very happy to help. Great restaurant recommendations. And there is everything you need in the area. The bakery down the street was fantastic. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Could be better for the price

No hotel parking, an underground parking at 5 min walk is recommended by the hotel, but during my stay I never managed to find a free place and street parking is a lottery and quite expensive (8€ for max. 2 hours). The only cleaning in the room seemed to be performed in the bathroom, the bedroom was very dusty. WiFi connection was slow. In the breakfast room all tables are for 2 (except one for 4), so when you're 3 and the "4 table" is busy it starts getting weird to have breakfast together.

Breakfast was excellent during week end, on Monday you had to be fast to get croissants or pancakes before they ended. Located in a quiet area, with some nice restaurants (e.g. La Pharmacie), not far from an Underground station (Oberkampf) allowing quick access to the entire city. Small bottles of water always available "for free". Great staff at the reception and breakfast room

Surprising find in great area.

The air conditioner was difficulty to figure out. I did report this to the front desk and they said they would look into it but I never heard from anyone and had to figure it out myself. The room was a little small due to the ceiling rafters and being on top floor. The young man working the breakfast on the morning of the 9th was pretty much just on his phone. Was not pro actively cleaning or replenishing the stock.

The front desk staff, a young gentleman who was there during the day of April 7 was very pleasant and helpful. The young girl working the breakfast on the morning of April 8 was very hard working and kept everything clean and replenished. I have recommended this hotel to friends who travel to Paris frequently. I would definitely return.

Great hotel with excellent proximity to everything

slightly bigger beds would have been nice. each single bed was smaller than average bed size. But really it wasn't a problem

Clean well appointed rooms bathroom was also nice and clean and new

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Lovely / comfy hotel with friendly staff.

There were quite a lot of homeless people sleeping nearby or just outside of the hotel. This is obviously not the hotels fault but can feel quite daunting.

Bed was super comfy, lovely receptionists were welcoming, friendly & helpful. Balcony was really cute. The bakery round the corner (Utopie) is a must.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

The location of the property was good.

There was a kettle but no mugs/coffee but its ok coz we can borrow mugs anyway.. maybe more English channels but these are all very minor

The location of the property was good..Close to the metro Oberkampf & Republique station. The room was very clean and appears new. The bed was very comfortable. We had a lovely stay here! Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Really nice and pretty room

The wifi was terrible, the only way we could get connection was down at the lobby.

The room was small but super clean and the bed was so comfortable. The decor was modern and simple! Bathroom was also really modern and had a decent sized bathtub. We had large windows in the room, which gave us a charming view of the street. There is a safe and fridge available and we were given bottled water for free. They also gave us cutlery and wine glasses upon request. The staff were really friendly and accommodating, they even helped us make dinner reservations! We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

price , staff , calm, nice little room, location

shower had barely any pressure , mind your head , bumped into ceilings and stairs breakfast was basic , no fruit salad

price , staff , calm, nice little room, location

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Location is great, price fair

Light in the rooms a bit cold and there were bags of laundry left in the corridors/staircases. Nothing that bad, though

Location is great, price fair

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

the staff is nice but the hotel is very pricy for what they...

room very very small

the staff is nice but the hotel is very pricy for what they offer. The room is very very small although i booked i room for 3 . The bathroom os clean but also very small.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

The location of the hotel is excellent, with a lot of...

The location of the hotel is excellent, with a lot of restaurants and shops in the area. The are also two metro stations in a very close distance, so you can get around the city very quickly. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The room was a little on the small side - not too small though, but this is to be expected in Paris.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Paris feelt like home here! :)

The sound isolation between rooms could be a bit better. We heard our neighbour showering. Maybe some vegetables to add to the breakfast table would be good.

First of all the hotel is in a very nice part of Paris, close to good metro connections. The neighbourhood is nice and quiet and there are a lot of nice shops, restaurants and bakeries close to the hotel. Staff was very helpful and doing everything to make us feel like at home. The beds are very comfortable which is not typical for 3 star hotels. The breakfast is basic but it gets you all you need to start the day and with good coffee which is to me very important.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Great experience in terms of location, staff and things to do.

As I was there for work I needed to be online but often the internet connectivity went out or was really slow.

I really liked the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. Also loved the location in terms of easy to get to stores, restaurants and lovely square.

Fab stay

Being charged for breakfast- an unusual experience, we would have still opted for it but clarity would have been appreciated

Welcoming staff, eager to help

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Great. Recommend this hotel!

small rooms, need a better room cleaning. No English TV channels.

great location. Metro nearby. restaurants, shops close. Public parking across the street (30.80 EUR 24hrs). friendly and very helpful staff, English and French speaking.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Don't go there for that price

The noise, the pipes were doing a constant noise. And noise was comming from outside the building as well with no stop at all, whatever time it was

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Very nice hotel in a great area.

My breakfast experience was enhanced by the books you can look at when drinking your tea or your coffee (travel guides for the tourists but also poesy books to start your day in an inspiring way). I enjoyed several of these nice things this hotel offers that make your stay a more special one. The view on the Paris zinc roofs is also very charming.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Small but pleasant!

The carpeting in the corridors outside the rooms were a bit shabby. The had a coffee machine but no provisions to make coffee.

The reception staff were very helpful in getting us acquainted with how to get around the city. The rooms were clean and comfortable not too big but not very small either. Good restaurants and cafes nearby including supermarkets which were convenient. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

Very decent for the price.

The room was a bit small. The breakfast was all you can eat but very limited. You would be better off going to any of the bakeries near by.

The hotel had a nice looking lobby and the room was clean and it also had a nice mini balcony. The location is good, a nice short walk to Le Marais which is my favorite area in Paris.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Amazing staff, nice neighbourhood, good wifi (!), a great choice for anyone.

Somebody put some croissant pieces (i think) in the elevator corner and that hadnt been cleaned the next day or the day after. Also the vents in the bathroom could be cleaned more often. But those are the only things i could think of.

Elodie, Brandon and Anais (i hope i wrote it down right) from the reception were the beste staff you could want as an hotel manager/owner. I had a LOT of questions for them and they really helped me/us out. For good advice about art galleries but also cute restaurants and places to party they knew it all so ask them! The cleaning lady was also very patient with us. And ofcourse cleaned like a pro! The hotel was way more spacious than i thought so that was a nice surprise. The location was also really good because the subway is really near and also some nice restaurants and shops. Good value for your money and it really helped that the staff was so friendly. Hope to be back here again.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Comfortable

a bit small room.bit simple breakfast.

all is clean, goid location near republique square and metro,1 km distance near to the east train station. nice freindly staff, twin bedroom has.comfortable bed and pillow, not too soft not too hard.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

It was perfect:

It was perfect: - location that is at the same time close to all the museums and sightseeings, but not very touristic. - nice and helpful staff - neat and comfortable room (and good wi-fi!)

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Great location - tidy rooms and friendly staff

Small lift - but that is standard for Paris hotels!!

Great location close to 2 metro stations including republique which is a main station. Nice boutique hotel with very friendly staff and while the room was small, by Paris standards was pretty roomy! There is a lovely bistro and bakery on the corner and a small supermarket - which another block away lots of restaurants and a bigger supermarket. We ate breakfast there one morning and it was very nice for 13 euro each.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Great Paris base

The room was very small but for the price you couldn't complain.

The bed was very comfortable and we could make the room so dark and quiet that I had the best sleep of my entire trip here. The staff were friendly and helpful and it was in a convenient location for all types of transport.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Excellent boutique hotel in quiet street close to amenities and tourist attractions.

The hotel was modern and rooms were bigger by Parisian standards. The staff were very friendly, helpful and spoke excellent English. The hotel was close to many eateries and shopping and a walking distance to the Republique and Marais districts.

Great option

Reasonably priced hotel for Paris and slightly bigger room than some I saw. Close to the Metro with direct trains to Gare de Nord. Would recommend.

Comfortable stay

The staff were very friendly and helpful at the reception. Great location.

Great stay in a cute hotel room.

Great stay in a cute hotel room. Relatively well priced for Paris. Had the best sleep in weeks there. Small but great for a couple

Nice neighborhood.

Noisy room at street side. Had to close windows.

Nice neighborhood. 11th arrondissement.

Everything went well.

Everything went well. It is is good value for money for Paris standards.

A very pleasant stay .

It was great , very helpful and friendly staff. Will definitely be back .

I'd like to underline the work of frontman Andrew.

I'd like to underline the work of frontman Andrew. His help was very professional.

Room very clean.

Walls are thin so you can hear everything in adjacent rooms.

Room very clean.

Cheap,

Noisy on the first floor. It would help a bit if they wiped the walls clean. Smelled sour on our first night.

Cheap,

They should have told us they will automatically charge...

They should have told us they will automatically charge breakfast. Also for such simple breakfast, its too expensive.

Great staff, fantastic location, clean and moder room.

Poor wifi

Great staff, fantastic location, clean and moder room.

cleanliness of the room.

Noisy room. Need to improve the soundproof.

cleanliness of the room.

The location and room wallpaper

The room is very hot eventhough the heaters are off (and the window open)

The location and room wallpaper

Paris trip

The room was small, the rest is great.

Very clean and friendly staff. Breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Tiny room

fresh croissants at reception and super super close to train...

fresh croissants at reception and super super close to train station, great cafes and shops

Internet speed

staff is extra kind and nice

the ground floor room I got was extremely noisy and sleeping was difficult for this reason

staff is extra kind and nice

The best 3 star have seen in Paris

No everything ok

The best 3 star have seen in Paris

Couldn't ask for more.

Great place to stay in a great area close to bars and eateries.Young man up at front desk was helpful and genuinely nice.

Browse Le 20 Prieuré Hôtel traveller photo gallery