Reviews of Residhome Genève Prévessin Le Carré d'Or 3 stars

#1 of 2 hotels in Prévessin

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Close to the airport and quiteness
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The hotel located in an isolated area which means you need to use your car to get your necessary things . The hotel ( threatens )the customers if you didn’t clean the kitchen I will charge you € 45 , especially these instructions were not written in the hotel policies when we made the booking .

Close to the airport and quiteness

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

A good solution for an early flight with a car
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

the place is a good solution when having an early flight in Geneva airport and have a car. We came at around 18:00 and went out for dinner in one of the restaurant around. Left very early (around 04:50) the day after. Took us around 10-15 minutes to get to the airport.

Quite location good views free WiFi free parking.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

A bit basic kitchen ok but needs modernization Pans and chopping board a bit old and untidy. No fans or air-conditioning... It's summer!!!

Quite location good views free WiFi free parking.. close to airport and only 20mins from Geneva city centre and has grocery stores within 2miles. Staff multi lingual

Very goodd location for CERN visitors, only ca 2 - 3 kms far...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

We had no problem at all.

Very goodd location for CERN visitors, only ca 2 - 3 kms far from there. Quiet place, friendly receptionist, good value for money.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Size of the apartments
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Staff was very Uncooperative. Location is not good. Toilets not clean and no toilet paper. It was my worst stay ever. We tried to cancel rest of the booking. Since it’s free cancellation. The receptionist said that she don’t have time to calculate the amount. We were 2 families. She took from us 800 euros for deposit and other family stayed without paying any deposit amount. She was very rude.

Size of the apartments

Just what we needed
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The apartment was well equipped for a short stay. We were able to cook supper and breakfast and everything functioned very well. The beds were very comfortable and the little candies on the pillows were much appreciated. The location was just what we needed. The surrounding area was quiet, and peaceful.

Good for a couple of nights.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Not many facilities around for us in the area and the fact it's more suited as student type accommodation. The name should have warned me as its actually self catering.

We chose this hotel as it was quite close to Geneva Airport which was only about 25 mins away.

Don't be late and don't try to contact them
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

I sent a request because of a late arrival and called repeatedly because of the same reason. I received no reply until the morning after, when my stay was over. Thankfully, I had printed my reservation earlier, so that way we could help ourselves. I emphatize that there was no staff, no answer feom either telephones or e-mail or nothing. The apartment was also bad.

The check-out was simple.

It is v good and quit place.

It is far from Genève,

It is v good and quit place.14 km from Genève . It is clean with full kitchen, private bathroom and shower, and elevator, and parking.

sorry but we do not recommended. we are disappointed because of the unprepared staff...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

One day before our leaving we found out that 100EUR was missing from the locked safe. When we turned to the reception staff to report the situation and find out the solutions she just refused the help. We asked for the manager since this lady has no idea how to deal in this case but it turned out that the manager is not available in the next 4 days. No make sense if this situation happen no-one can handle it?! we are really not satisfied, not just because the loss of the 100 EUR but also for the bed behaviour and rude attitude.

If you are not coming this hotel with a car, do not stay here.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

If you are going there for palexpo and if you dont have a car, Do not even think about to stay at this hotel. We reserved a taxi from the reception a day before. The other morning we wait for 2 hours, taxi did not come , the person at reception did not help, and at the end someone staying at the same hotel gave us a lift.

Inexpensive and ok if you stay for a short amount of time.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Equipment for the kitchen was ok. The place looks used and not so nice anymore. We did not payed much for the stay, so you might see over it. Breakfast needed to be reserved before. Since we came too late it was not possible to order it anymore.

We have been looking for a place to stay overnight. So it was easy to reach from the highway, but it is a remote spot. If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay and it should be an apartment it is a place to go.

Quiet place near the city
    • Studio (2 Adults)

It is a very new structure, quiet environment, with simple but functional furniture. It is advisable to have a car with which you can reach Geneva city center in about 20 minutes (no traffic)

Good
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

The internet in the House was not functional. It was supposed to be high speed LAN according to the brochure but it was an open WiFi which was not working.

The House was lovely and very clean.

Very Nice Apartment for Family
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

The best place to stay nearby Geneva airport and Palexpo at low price. Perfect for my family of 7, we cook, eat and sleep comfortably. Greenery surrounding. Quiet place. Free parking. Driving is the best way to move around here.

I have been nicely surprised.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

I can complain only for the sofa wich make some noises.

For your money you get nice and spacious apartment. Apartment was clean and equipped with dishwasher, microwave, kettle, 2 flat TV, and all what you need. As a bonus you get few bottles of water, tea, coffee And slippers for everyone who stayed in apartment.

- Great location, very close to Geneva Airport (on the...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

- Great location, very close to Geneva Airport (on the France side) - Very big 2 bedroom apartment (with bedrooms on a different floor than living areas) - Free parking on premises - Fairly close to supermarket

Great place to stay with family.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Great place to stay with family. Loved the kitchen and extra bedroom. We stayed here our last night in Europe because of the great location to Geneva airport and price for 5 people. Otherwise, there really is nothing to do or see in the immediate area. I would certainly recommend this place for the same reason we chose it.

Very close to Geneva airport.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Very close to Geneva airport. Might be the best stop before the flight. It is also VERY close to CERN :-) We had very spacious two-storey room. Wifi was good.

The breakfast was good.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Night for people who have international phone and couldn't get the key code by sms ideally should get the code by email also. I faced issues with this when I reached. But other boarder was kind enough to help me..

The breakfast was good..

Nice apartment in wonderful place.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

The breakfast is a bit expensive.

Very nice residence campus. The apartment is very nice and had all what we needed. Kitchen is well equipped. I recommend this place if you want to visit Geneva it is very close to the border. The fields around the residence are wonderful.

Good location, good value for money. Ideal stay for families.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The apartment looked slightly tired and the cleanliness wasn't perfect. The mattress in the bedroom wasn't conformable, it was to hard. The breakfast could have had more selection. Especially hot choice like fried eggs and sausages. Also there was only 1 baguette placed out which wasn't quite enough for 3 of us, no staff to top up. We found it a bit annoying that we had to use the codes at the gate and at the building entrance even at daytime. It would be a good idea to place the code-pad in front of the gate that guests don't have to get out of the car every time especially when it is raining or give out remote controls to the guests. Really annoying talking elevator.

Excellent location, the hotel is 10 min drive from Geneva airport. You can find plenty supermarkets nearby to fill up your fridge. We liked the size of the apartment it was perfect for 3 of us. We had everything what we needed. Well equipped kitchen, fridge, microwave, and a hob. The sofa-bed had really good mattress. Liked that the toilette was in a separate room from bathroom. We had a good sized balcony it could have been amazing to sit outside, but the weather wasn't good enough for it. There was no reception when we arrived, but we could let ourselves in easily by following the instructions given.

a great option for visiting CERN.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

I would have liked more information about other attractions and things to do in the area

Peaceful location in the countryside. Really liked that there was a small kitchen to prepare small meals and that slippers were provided. very pleasant staff and nice breakfast.

Nice experience except partial black-out
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Reception does not work 24/7. One evening half of the apartment lost electricity (lights in the bedroom and most of the living room, fridge, TV and stove) and there was no one to call or talk to.

Overall, very nice aparthotel, with comfortable bedroom, living room and kitchen. Balcony is a bonus - nice to sit there in a nice weather. Staff is courteous and helpful (when available - see in drawbacks).

Stay near Geneva with lower price
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Not easy to reach the property, reception closed in the night with the gate as well. We asked for iron, but they said we can only have it for 2 hours and return. Costly for the location and facilities.

Clean and comfy room with kitchenette. Good wifi. Friendly staff.

Location close to then airport, big apartment suitable for a...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Low standard, poorly maintained, far from everything than the airport, quite expensive

Location close to then airport, big apartment suitable for a family, convenient parking

Nice apartment. Delivers what you need.

Location is a challenge

breakfast room a bit small. Effectively you hire an appartment with 1 bedroom. I did not see and airco. Its clean, its spacious.

Quiet place outside Geneva with good value for money

The info about reception times in the Booking.com app on Sunday is not quite correct; however when we rang up the 24 hour contact line at Grenoble we were able to retrieve the keys without difficulty

Quiet place outside Geneva on the French side; comfortable and good value for money; 2nd visit here

I stayed second times here.

Nope!

I stayed second times here. When I visited first time, I used apartment and in this time, I stayed studio. Here is perfect place to stay. From here to CERN, it tooks 15 mins by walking. Lovely!

Served our purpose, didn't spend much time in the room
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The smoke from the smokers on the balcony below us came in to our room And the maid smoked on the balcony while she was cleaning the room next to us

The gentleman at the desk was very friendly

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Very very dirty, I used to to come very frequent (since 2012); However, this stay was totally different in terms of comfort and cleanness. the apartment smells expired food (Indian Food) and it took me five days during my 16 nights stay to remove this smell with detergents I bought by myself. The entry of the building was so dirty during my whole stay and NEVER saw any single evidence of housekeeping putting any cleaning touch. cigarettes as well as beer bottles were around the balcony to the extent that I never let my child go out to have fresh air. I will never come again and the value of money almost nil !!

Another stay in Residhome Geneve Prevessin
    • Studio (2 Adults)

There is no air conditioning and the TV has no international channel.

It was not the first time I stayed, and I gladly come here. This time I had a 2-pieces apartment, very large and comfortable. Two separate single beds, normal size but fine. The kitchen was very well equipped as usual. I had also a small terrace and I enjoyed having lunch out.

Nice enough apartments, poor staff
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

The staff! We arrived earlier than expected (around 13:00), and were told that the apartment would only be ready at 15:00 (the usual check-in time). Although I had notified them in advance that we would arrive between 14:00 and 15:00, I understood that they may not be able to have the apartment ready in advance. So far, OK. However, come 15:00, the apartment was still not ready. When we were finally let into the apartment after 15:30, the floors were still wet from cleaning! The following morning, we went to breakfast about 20 mins before breakfast closing time. My parents were just finishing their coffees when the same staff member who had let us into the apartment late the previous day reminded us of the breakfast closing time and that we had exceeded it. In all other hotels I've stayed at, the breakfast closing time refers to the last time you can enter the breakfast room to have your breakfast - not when you must have finished eating. Never again.

Nice apartments, good size (comfortable for 2 couples and 1 child)

Nice, affordable, countryside apartment close to Geneva airport suitable only to
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Nothing much. But, only suitable for people having a car.

Plenty of open space in 2 bedroom apartment. Nice balcony sitting area. Apartment was clean. Clean bedsheets and towels. Just adequate.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Stay anywhere else but here, unless you like being abandoned in the middle of nowhere
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Being woken up twice on the first night and again on the second night by drunken people coming in after midnight and making a huge commotion in the foyer and lift area and then in their rooms and from their balconies. No soundproofing, very dodgy locks on doors, made is feel unsafe. No management or security onsite after hours made us feel very unsafe also. This place is in the middle of nowhere, miles from Geneva. Bathroom disgusting, mould on shower curtain, tiny shower area, no enclosure for water, runs all over the whole bathroom floor. Rotting timber on doors and door frames in bathroom. Kettle burnt my wife's hand when she picked it up and boiling water leaked from the handle as she picked it up. Had to wait outside for nearly three hours for reception to reopen as it closes from 12-3pm on weekends, very inconvenient, key not left in drop box as instructed by email from hotel. Very dodgy area and some of the people staying there look very transient and scary. I would never stay here again.

Nothing, wasted two days in the middle of nowhere :(

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Comfortable , Nice view
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Not easy to access if you haven't private car.

Comfortable, Have complete equipment for stay , Nice view around hotel , Not far from Geneva airport

Good place for a short stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The common spaces and the elevator were really dirty.

The apartment was nice, clean and big enough for 3 people and a dog. It was easy to find and only 10-15 minutes by car from Geneva airport.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Depressing
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

The worst thing about it was the pervasive smell of cigarette smoke in the apartment. While superficially clean, everything was cheap, old, and worn. It was depressing.

The layout of the apartment was good (on two floors, with bedrooms upstairs). The linens were clean and abundant.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Great apartment style that came with everything you need...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

There are laundry machines but no coin dispenser so you need China do to laundry.

Great apartment style that came with everything you need (dishes etc)

Good place to stay (for not too demanding people) to visit Geneva
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

- The room was prepared before some time, so the furniture was slightly dusty - Location is more appropriate for people with a car - Some kitchen items were quite old (fork, knife, etc.) although the sets were complete - We arranged the 2 single beds into a double bed by ourselves, although we did request a double bed on booking.com (we could have asked staff to change it for us on site, but we just chose to do it by ourselves, as the single beds were mobile) - There's a terrace with plastic chairs where we could sit close to the lawn/grass, but the latter does not look like it was recently maintained - There was no instructions for climate control

- The location is very convenient to visit Geneva and the surrounding places - The furniture in the room was relatively complete for a stay like at home - The kitchen items were relatively complete (except the oven which is embedded in the microwave). The dishwasher was quite big and new; the fridge was not too small as in most hotel rooms; once deployed, the sofa in the living room becomes a double bed; there's 1 TV in the living room and 1 TV in the bed room; etc. - The place is quite safe (password required to enter the premise with car in the evening, etc.)

One night near Geneva
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The breakfast was limited and there wasn't much available - one croissant etc. The doors in the room were quite thin, so they didn't block noise in the apartment well.

Family apartment with separate bedroom.

Very nice stay, would recommend to anyone.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The bus O that services the hotel, is not frequent and the last one is at 22:00. But thats not of the hotel to blame. If you have a car, then its a very nice location, only 5 km away of Geneva.

Excellent service, very quiet, ideal for a value for money stay. Would recommend to anyone who want to go to Geneva but does not want to spend much money.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Ideal stop for travelling back or to alps from UK.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Sofa bed was a little worn, very squeaky and room had clearly been smoking room in the past, as there was a definite odour to the sofa. That said, the bedroom beds were comfortable. Lots of room in apartment. Ideal for a one night stop over.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Very nice apartment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The only thing I could think of; there was no cable/netflix/sky TV.

Very clean and comfortable apartment for 3 of us. Had laundry facilities and an patio to sit outside. Well organised establishment.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Very espacious the apartment.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

You cant call a uber serviçe from the hotel to Geneva because its in france and not switzerlad. Price of uber or taxi to the center of geneve are 60 euros at least. The hotel its nice if you have your only car... if not, dont recomend...

Very espacious the apartment. Simple but nice!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Reasonable but too far from piste.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

No wifi. Double bed was infact a king size so our sheets didn't fit. Mattress protectors weren't breathable so sweat an issue. Heating was uncontrollable and too high. Had to open windows day and night.

Lovely bathroom. Well equipped kitchen but no kettle.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Didn't get a priority early check in. Having flown from Dubai we had to leave our luggage in reception and go out in deep snow for a walk until the apartment was ready (the walk was lovely!) The photos of the apartments are inaccurate. We were given a very tired and older apartment that was in need of significant renovation and looked nothing like the pictures on booking.com. The apartment also had a musty smell and had either been previously occupied by smokers or had other issues. It was supposedly a non smoking apartment. We were only staying one night as in transit otherwise would have asked to move. Disappointed.

Location near a park made a nice walk to the village

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

unnacurate inoformation about the transportation facilities.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

They inform in the page that they have shuttle from or to the airport but they didn't. They give a inaccurate information and the receptionist was unkind, give a false information about the transportation to the airport.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

hotel review
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

the lack of access to public transports. its located at a very isolated and rural area.not enough hot water.

it was clean and accessable. it was easy to check out comoared to other hotels. the room was well tempered.

Overall good, despite a few issues
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

The drive between the hotel and the airport at night is very dark and poorly indicated. The reception was closed when we arrived and there nobody to talk to (the key had been left in a box though). We couldn't connect to wifi, and there was no ethernet cable to connect physically to the socket. So, we had no connection, which was a bit unfortunate.

The hotel is about 10 minutes away from the Geneva airport. It is clean, large and comfortable, and the kitchen is a great bonus.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Very quiet place, I liked particularly this idea of the...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Very quiet place, I liked particularly this idea of the apartments residence. Rooms were large and freshly renovated with comfortable beds. It really felt like being at home. Pets were welcome and had large areas for walking. Good price

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Perfect quiet place to stay for a few days
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

We did not encounter anything negative.

Perfect place to stay for a few days. Quiet area to relax outside the city. Easy car parking, stable wifi and even rolling shutters for the windows.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Value for money!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

We arrived early evening and were flying out of Geneva Airport early in the morning - accommodation absolutely adequate for our needs of a family of 6. Everything was perfect and more or less what we have expected. Kitchenette was adequate, the heating worked and we slept well (it is really quiet). Relatively short access to City of Geneva and the Airport. If you are returning your car to the French Sector, make sure you know the directions - they are tricky!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Good value for money - Ideal for short stay before and after flights

Nothing really important

Very close to the airport. Clean and equipped with all amenities needed to make a short stay as comfortable as possible. Staff was very kind and helpfull with additional information.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

It is a very quiet place with easy access and parking, close to the airport of Geneva and Geneva.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Close to the airport of Geneva and Genava city. The room included all the equipment: a kitchenette with dishwasher, bathroom with a soap and shampoo, even slippers in the room.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

it was close to the airport.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

the apartment was clean but had many stains in the bathroom. we asked for a bassinet and did not get it. the toilet were leaking. there was a weird 'ring' when using water in the kitchen/bathroom/toilet

it was close to the airport. the kitchen was ok.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

perfect for big family.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

don't forget to make reservation for breakfast the night before! the stairs are little bit dangerous for babies...

It was perfect for our needs. We took the 2 bedroom appartment so we had enough place for 2 parents, little boy and grandma. it is really close to CERN.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

I would rather try another hotel next time.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

No instructions for climate control. Awkward bathroom, no hygiene. Open wiring in bathroom!!!!! Small rooms. No signs indicating the hotel making it very difficult to find. Bad pillows. A previous guest must have smoked a cigar and somehow got away with it.

Comfortable mattresses. Wi-Fi Location (even friendly cows outside the window, at 20 meters). Well equipped. Easy parking. Good TVs

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Would recommend
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Was hot and no aircondition

Excellent overnight stay close to airport. We took the 6 bed apartment which was very comfortable. Easy access to load our luggage to the car from patio door

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Quite spacious.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

More plates and cutlery as one set each is not always enough!

Quite spacious.

excellent

very good

excellent

staff very friendly .
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

staff very friendly . And Very helpful accommodations.

The apartment was not clear and below expectations.

The apartment was not clear and below expectations. The pictures doesn't resampl the actual rooms.

Residhome

L'absence du personnel entre 12h et 15h

Relaxing
    • Studio (2 Adults)

A bit remote if you don't have a car They did clwan the house everyday

Quiteness and relaxing environment

Very bad

Everything not clean

excellent value for money appart hotel a stone away from Geneva
    • Studio (2 Adults)

No bus shuttle to the airport

Close to airport, very clean and quiet, place to park

Close to airport, very clean and quiet, place to park

Nice Appartements

Connection to public Transport to Geneva could be improved

cleanliness, friendliness

cleanliness, friendliness

The place was very easy to access and also it was very clean

The place was very easy to access and also it was very clean

They lie about how far they are from the airport and do not...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

They lie about how far they are from the airport and do not provide accurate directions to get there

Acceptable alternative to hotel if other locations are booked out
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Simple and a bit unpractical to move between buildings.

Close to Geneva, own kitchenette with tea / coffee.

very nice and convenient location if you are travelling by car
    • Studio (2 Adults)

We have asked second blanket from the reception, unfortunately it dint come, the rest is ok