Reviews of Le Cheval Blanc

4 Place Rene Coty, 76490 Caudebec-en-Caux, France

#5 of 6 hotels in Caudebec-en-Caux

6.2

The rooms were very small and shabby. Our shower was a cubicle not suitable for anyone over 5' 6".

Breakfast was laid up for us in the dining room and the waitress was very sweet.

The reception was unmanned on Sunday and we hadn't recovered the code to open the door to get access so had to contact Booking.com as no-one answered the hotel phone (answerphone message). The garage was locked so unaccessible so we had to wait for a space to materialise on the street and in any event chargeable at 6 Euros anyway (the only property out of 7 we stayed at to charge for parking). The hotel is street facing and our room was on the front. A compact room so window open for ventilation meant noisy in early Monday morning as traffic built up. Clean but very modest, well used facilities with worn stair carpets. OK for a 1 night stop-over only. The other Logis hotel facing the R. Seine was booked up when we were booking our stay. Breakfast was modest but adequate for the 8 euros. Won't stay there again.

The room did not appear to be air conditioned and I could not be in the room with a window open because of the road noise, my room was at the front (road side) of the hotel. I understand the rooms at the back of the hotel are much better.

The room was a good size and very clean

In over thirty years travelling to France I have never been treated so badly as a hotel guest. I booked the Hotel because it was close to the river and that it had a bar and a restaurant. I am partially disabled and thought the hotel was ideal. However, on the morning of the day on which I was about to make my way to hotel, I received an email from the hotel 'reminding'me that the reception and restaurant/ bar would be closed due to staff issues. Reminding me off what? Nothing about this was mentioned on the hotel listing, nor had I previously been informed. To make matters worse the reception and restaurant/ bar was closed on the Sunday as well. What a way to treat guests. It beggars belief!

Close to river.

I had been warned that there would be no-one on reception when I arrived because it was a Friday and the restaurant was closed. I was able to pick up keys for my room. The room was basic but okay. The bathroom was bare but large. This had not been advertised as more than it was. I enjoyed my stay in Caudebec-en-Caux and did not have to walk far to find a bar and a brasserie. It is located close to the Seine. The next morning there was a person and a continental breakfast. I was travelling on so okay

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The availability to get a meal in the evening anywhere in Caudbec-en-caux was a no-no. Not good after a long day travelling. We gather that the hotel could provide a meal if we happen to travel on the right day!! Otherwise you are stuck!

Yes the breakfast was good and the bed was comfy. We managed the self check-in fine. Luckily we were able to park in parking bay on opposite side of road.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Only stayed for one night en route to Chinon so can't think of anything we didn't like.

We ate in the lovely terrace garden - lovely food and friendly service.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Basic room but very clean. shower a little damaged but working. Towels could be of a slightly better quality. A little noisy with the windows open, but its situated on a road.

Friendly, helpful staff. Home cooked, good quality food, well cooked and presented and a reasonable price. Very near the river . Don't let Google map put you off, the area is very safe and the actual building very attractive for a town Logis. Pleasant outdoor area if it stops raining!

common parts very scruffy

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Pleasant staff. Very helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

We were there for three nights on a French holiday weekend in May. The restaurant was closed on all three evenings (ie. Fri, Sat and Sunday!) We had expected to eat there as the web-site indicates there is a restaurant and we had heard good reports of it. Also the weather had turned cold and the heating was not working! We only saw staff who served breakfast and when we checked out so cannot really comment on the staff. No sense of the kind of hospitality one usually finds in a Logis due to there being no-one around in the evenings!

The location was good and parking was easy. The bedding was nice and warm and the bathroom was very good. We were able to get into the building with a code as there was no-one in reception after 2-0pm.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2015

Walls are very thin and as soon as anyone gets up you can hear movement and doors opening and closing. The cooking was very mixed; good first courses but main courses too ambitious for the chef.

This hotel is in a convenient location near the river. The bathroom is modern with plenty of hot water.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

I thought I read that the restaurant was not open on the evening we were there, but it turned out it was. We went out somewhere else so can't comment on the eating experience apart from breakfast, which was good.Town mostly rebuilt after second world war.

The location was convenient for our trip, and easy street parking and very short walk to the river side and café and restaurants. Hotel de Ville and old church in middle of town were only architectural interest.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

Good location, clean rooms

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

We like the location and the town

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

Traffic noise during night

Dinner and breakfast were very good

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.