Reviews of Melia Paris Notre Dame 4 stars

7 Rue De L'hôtel Colbert, 5th arr., 75005 Paris, France

#323 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Uncomfortable accommodations with wicked staff.
    • Melia Double Room with view

Extremely disappointing experience. The primary reason for choosing this hotel was to have a view of Notre Dame from our room. One day before arrival, I received an email stating that the rooms with a view would not be available but we would receive an upgrade. If the obstruction was due to construction, could they not have told us sooner? It was too late to rebook anything new in July. When I called the hotel to acquire more information, the staff were unhelpful. The only solution they offered was to cancel the reservation. Upon check-in, they told me again that I would be upgraded to a larger room. The room we received was very small and had only a window. The outside of the hotel is all French balconies. I requested one of those rooms and they said not possible. The window, unfortunately, was useless because of the construction outside. Construction began at 7:30am daily and was unbearable. No respect for guests in the hotel. Loud banging, drilling and lots of yelling. To make the matter worse, the room did not have air conditioning. So no window, no AC in the middle of July. It was very hot and taking a nap in the afternoon was not an option - after being woken up at 7:30 each day and walking around the city for hours, a nap would have been nice. When all of this was brought up with the front desk, they didn’t even care. Every time I asked to speak to the manager, I was told the manager was not there. No manager ever? Ultimately, the hotel provided a 15% discount on my stay and compensation for transportation to the airport upon departure. This is something, but in my opinion, truly not enough. The entire situation was handled extremely poorly. The staff were so rude and dismissive. There was no attempt to make our stay comfortable. I could have dealt with all the complications. I understand these problems arise but they really should have handled the situation more thoughtfully and considerately. I will never stay at any Melia hotel again.

The location close to Notre Dame is the main feature of this hotel. I chose this hotel for that purpose and booked a room with a view. Unfortunately, one day before arrival, i received an email that I would NOT have a room with a view due to construction. Very very disappointed.

Quite room close to the center.
    • Melia Double Room

Name of the hotel should be better visible in the street (we turned around the block 2 times untill we found it. Its name was there, but not vsibibl when you're in your car). Overall price is a bit high.

Quite room close to the center. friendy and efficient staff. Very good breakfast.

The staff was friendly and knowledgable.

The hotel as a whole is getting very run down. It needs a facelift. The reason we chose it is because we had a very pleasant experience there 5 years ago when we stayed. It does not look like they've put any money into it since we were there last. Otherwise, it has the potential of being very quaint and very well located.

The staff was friendly and knowledgable. The breakfast that was included was minimal and on Sunday, they started picking up at 10:30, even though breakfast was supposed to go until 11. We had to ask for them to replenish the items, which they really didn't.

Superb location for a short stay

Just a word of caution to those who are not travelling as couples. The twin beds are effectively a double bed made up as 2 singles - there is no space between them. Essential therefore that your travelling companion ( we were over for the rugby international) is content with these fairly ' cosy ' arrangements !!!!

Superb location near Notre Dame and numerous restaurants. Well situated for the Metro. Hotel very quiet situated in a small side road. It was comfortable , the beds were particularly good , although the rooms ( even premier) were quite small. Nicely refurbished its excellent for a short stay although not particularly cheap !

Excellent stay - as expected for Paris and better!
    • Melia Twin Room

All good - no complaints.

Very friendly staff, great location. The rooms are a little small - but given the excellent location right next to Notre Dame Cathedral made this small sacrifice worth while.

Love the Hotel , it’s beautifully decorated, hate the mattress it’s tii hard , Antonio is the Best G
    • Melia Twin Room

I was charged more to “upgrade” my room and I didn’t get the room I had asked for over a month in advance ! That is NOT right!

The Locatuin is excellent

Best to stay in Notre Dame area
    • Melia Double Room

Room temperature is a bit hard to adjust, just open the window and problem solved.

Genuinely helpful and friendly staffs, they even sent a cake and a bottle of champagne for my birthday!! Super lovely room, great location - a hidden gem in a touristy location of Notre Dame

Classy quiet convenience - what a find!
    • Melia Double Room

Only complaint was A/C - either it was not working well or hotel should not be advertised as air conditioned. As Americans, we expected cool and the A/C did not deliver.

Excellent location tucked away on a quiet street about 2 blocks from Notre Dame Cathedral. Food options all around. Great walking to everything including transit. Room was small (for Americans) but great use of space design including high ceilings. Felt luxurious and classy. Staff was always accommodating. Definitely recommend and would use again.

A hidden gem in the middle of Paris ❤️
    • Melia Twin Room with View

Nothing to improve, it was perfect!

This is a gem of a hotel! Perfect location and excellent customer service, especially from Antonio at the front desk. He engaged us with his historical knowledge of Paris and gave us amazing advice about where to go, tan m you Antonio!

I will not recommend this hotel
    • Melia Double Room

I did not like in this hotel 1. The staff were unprofessional. 2. I had booked 2 rooms one of the rooms the A/C was not working and they keep telling us that it is going to be fixed but nothing happened at the end and during my checkout I came to know that some rooms A/C does not work at all. 3. WI FI was not working. 4. the toilet is separate from the bathroom the problem is the toilet very small that if you are a big person you will not fit in

Good location and hospitable staff
    • Premium Room

The main problem was the lack of air conditioning that I read before booking the hotel. Fortunately the outside temperature was around 22-23 degrees, so it was relatively ok. The hotel offered us the opportunity to stay at the sister hotel but it was not the case with us. I see that the AC problem has not been fixed yet.

We liked the location (every time in Paris we are in the Latin Quarter) and the hotel's appearance, its cleanliness and the cleanliness of our room. We did not have breakfast at the hotel. The room was relatively small but it was ok. But the small problems did not seem important anymore due to the competence and courtesy of the staff.

A lovely surprise on arriving in Paris - Great Staff!

Nothing to report.

There are a lot of hotels to choose from in Paris, not an easy task unless you have a recommendation! After a little research we choose the Melia for its location and considered the area to be better than some. What a surprise the Melia turned out to be just perfect for a stay in Paris. The Seine is 2 minutes walk, plenty of restaurants in easy reach and a number of the museums and attractions within easy reach. The staff were very friendly and helpful, Antonio going out of his way to make our stay a little special! Breakfast is good and sets you up for the day. Would we return to the Melia when next in Paris - yes we would!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Lovely little hotel with a great Paris feel.
    • Melia Double Room

My room and bathroom were very small. It didn't bother me as I was on my own but a couple may struggle. I paid an extra 20 euros to get a Notre-Dame view, but really, the view was only very partial !!! Still, it was a nice, quiet-ish room, apart from when the heating came on, which sounded like someone was hoovering nearby.

The hotel was very pretty and located in a quiet street a stone-throw away from Notre-Dame. Rooms and bathrooms were well appointed and the staff was lovely. Breakfast was varied and very fresh.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Big view, tiny rooms. Warm welcome, warmer temperatures throughout. Great location. Period.
    • Melia Double Room with view

All public rooms at hotel uncomfortably warm. We opened our room window but anywhere else was sweltering. Also room at 350 euros was very tiny. Though view delightful.

Wonderful location, delightful front desk staff, excellent breakfast. Honor bar welcome. Gracious welcome from front desk daytime clerk, helpful and warm. A real asset to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

In a way charming
    • Melia Double Room

Street can be loud at night if the window is open Bed a bit on the hard side´ Breakfast overpriced for the variety/quality

Excellent Location In a way charming Nice idea of serving yourself a drink as if at home in the pretty foyer room (of course charging it to the bill)

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

This was a beautiful well maintained hotel with an ideal...

Overheated areas - bar, breakfast room

This was a beautiful well maintained hotel with an ideal location. We loved everything about it - facilities were excellent. Breakfast was expensive but extensive and delicious. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Don't think I'll be going back.
    • Melia Double Room

First of all, I arrived lugging 2 bags and there were two ladies at the reception and neither of them acknowledged the fact that a guest had arrived till I opened the door and asked for help with my bags. Then the lady who checked me in was rude and condescending. My husband made the reservation and used his card. I had said card on me when I checked in but I was told that since the card wasn't in my name I couldn't use it. I'm sure she would have thrown me into the street if I hadn't asked if I could pay cash. It was even more ridiculous because I had just arrived from Brussels where I had used the same card to pay for my room. Then there was the search for an iron but a very nice member of staff was kind enough to track one down just in the nick of time. He was really helpful.

I'm not sure what it was but it was very comfortable to sleep in.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Hotel Colbert review
    • Melia Double Room

The decoration of the rooms (especially), the bathrooms (quite a bit) and the reception and bar (a bit) was overall terrible. The wallpaper in the rooms was coming off in areas and the design choice was terrible. The bathrooms looked like something from a 90s Russian oligarch's house. The carpet in the bedroom was dreadful. The rooms are not very big either. None of this would have mattered if it hadn't cost so much money (€330 a night). The value for money was not even close, so I would not stay there again unless they halved their prices

The location was excellent and the staff were extremely nice

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Fantastic
    • Melia Double Room

The lift was a bit small and the bath had a bit of a drainage issue. Everything else wonderful though and would definitely return!

The staff were a delight.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Great location, room & Staff
    • Melia Double Room

Shower water pressure was poor and there is an feeble unmanned honesty bar for guests to use in the lounge area.

Location is superb, staff awesome, room was lovely. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Location and desk staff were great.
    • Melia Double Room

The bed was hard and uncomfortable. It was also uncomfortable to sit on to watch TV as it moved away from the wall if you leaned back. It was the worst bed we had out of 11 hotels we stayed in on our trip round Europe.

Location and desk staff were great.

the hotel is very close to the center
    • Melia Double Room

room is small. you can even hear the snores from nearby rooms

the hotel is very close to the center

Location and staff

Location and staff

a really lovely hotel and perfectly placed.
    • Premium Room

a really lovely hotel and perfectly placed. highly recommend,

The reception staff were very helpful and the location is...

Paris is expensive!

The reception staff were very helpful and the location is excellent.

location, staff, clean, comfortable, view.
    • Premium Room

location, staff, clean, comfortable, view...

Very good

Frindly staff

Our stay in Paris was wonderful. It is a beautiful city and the Melia was a levely hotel.
    • Melia Double Room

The Melia was delightful. The location, staff and room could not have been more perfect.

The location is perfect.
    • Melia Double Room

Value for money isn’t the best as it’s a bit expensive.

The location is perfect. The staff were friendly and always willing to help.

Feels like a designer boutique hotel.

Loved everything.

Excellent location. Lovely staff. Smart, clean luxurious room.

A lovely holiday
    • Melia Double Room

this hotel is a wonderful oasis, in an excellent location

Super base on the left bank. A

Just an HONESTY BAR !

Location amazing. So central yet so quiet.

fairly good
    • Melia Double Room with view

in the first day wifi was not working

it was quiet good

Great hotel and fabulous location
    • Melia Twin Room with View

Extra coffee in the room

The bed was very comfortable, with a firm mattress. Staff were very welcoming.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Perfect location
    • Melia Double Room with view

Great friendly and professional service. staff where helpful and it's in a fantastic location!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

We Enjoyed our stay
    • Melia Double Room

Friendly staff and great location

it was very convenient and just right for us

nothing to dislike really

location and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Location. Beautiful hotel

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Beautiful hotel in safe and convenient location.

It was a bit expensive.

The staff were really friendly and the décor was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Charming small hotel--Paris chic!

Nothing--it was lovely.

The location was amazing, and the staff really friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Fantastic. Great location. Lovely staff. Easy to get to

The weather :(

Location and politeness of staff

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Staff was excellent. Breakfast was expensive but good.
    • Melia Double Room

Limited elevator to our suite

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

The hotel is clean and equipped with good taste and has very...

One small detail: to replace the bath soap and shampoo .... Not so successful ...

The hotel is clean and equipped with good taste and has very good location. There are two metro stations just three minutes walk from the hotel and RER station with direct lines to CDG airport and to Chateau Versailles. The hotel is located near the Notre Dame de Paris and there are lot of restaurants and cafes with reasonable prices. Nonetheless surrounding area is very quiet and safe. The hotel staff is very friendly and demonstrate a willingness to help with any question or problem! The rooms with reasonable size, bright, has insulated windows, very clean, tidy and quiet at night. The bed, mattress, towels and linens very high quality. The hotel provides to every guest a map of Paris and metro map for free. In addition, excellent room service and service for bags storing. I want to mention again the wonderful staff of the hotel!!! Thank you for a memorable holiday experience!!!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

Very close to Notre Dame, metro and Railway to airport.

It's not worth to hire a room with a view to Notre Dame. Pillows are uncomfortable.

Very close to Notre Dame, metro and Railway to airport. Rive gauche. Quartier Latin and Le Marais at short walk. The staff are very nice.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

Breakfast was lovely so we decided to eat there every...

The bed was very hard, however they did place a memory foam cover which helped for a comfort sleep on the second night.

Breakfast was lovely so we decided to eat there every morning. Staff very helpful in guiding us how to use the metro and which lines to take.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2016

Location was fantastic, I really recommend this hotel if you...

Room interior looked a bit dated when compared to the fashionable style of the exterior(I love the entrance of the hotel) and the lobby of the hotel

Location was fantastic, I really recommend this hotel if you would like to stay near Notre Dame. Safe to explore in evenings, it's so conveniently located. Hotel staffs was so kind, I liked the view from our room's window.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2016

the location ist perfect.

the breakfast room is in the basement. the hotel is still ok but will need a restoration soon.

the location ist perfect. room size was fine. atmosphere was very nice. i loved the little front garden. it lets you forget your stress. toilet is extra - very comfortable

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

You have ruined the lobby bar atmosphere. Staff mediocre at best, occasionally rude. Room too small.

Location. Cleanliness. Bed comfort. Breakfast nice.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

The staff at the Melia Colbert go out of their way to make...

The staff at the Melia Colbert go out of their way to make you feel relaxed and welcome. Nothing is too much trouble. A great hotel to discover Paris. We will be visiting the Colbert again for sure

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

The location was great amd hotel was nice and intimate

furniture in lounge area was getting a little shabby, air conditioning was horrible to the point that we couldn't sleep. Suite was beautiful but too bot to enjoy. Bar was practically non existant.

The location was great amd hotel was nice and intimate

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

We (husband, wife , 5.

Having to get new keys as thy kept getting deactivated

We (husband, wife , 5.5 year old child) stayed there for for nights in July 2015 and we loved everything - location , room , lounge , breakfast , staff !

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

We loved the convenient location and the great desk service.

We loved the convenient location and the great desk service. The man at the desk answered questions for us and even drew us maps for our local excursions.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

We have been to the hotel Colbert a number of times and it...

We have been to the hotel Colbert a number of times and it is a pleasure. It is in a perfect location and the appointments are lovely as are the helpful staff. We love it.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

Excellent quiet location near Notre Dame.

Would have liked to have tea/coffee making facilities in room.

Excellent quiet location near Notre Dame. Our room had a view of the cathedral. Would stay again when in Paris.

• Reviewed: 31 May 2015

Location, comfortable bed, excellent service and staff.

Room size was very small. Difficult to move around the room. No convenient place to put suitcases.

Location, comfortable bed, excellent service and staff.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

Good location and nice facade

We got given the last avail room as we arrived late in the evening which was a ground floor room. Fairly pleasant but nothing special. The bathroom light was broken and hanging off the ceiling leaving a hole. The night staff did not fix this. However morning staff much more apologetic. When we arrived for breakfast they said there were no tables and we could carry it upstairs to the bar on a tray. Quite disappointing however a table did become available.

Good location and nice facade

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

Clean room, friendly staff, quiet location

The mattress is so hard that on the second night you need to ask for a solution. As well, while having shower, the water stays in the bath. Extremely stuffy in the room even with the window open.

Clean room, friendly staff, quiet location

• Reviewed: 4 May 2015

Everyone was so helpful.

Everyone was so helpful. Hotel was adorable and in a great location for walking and metro. I would stay here again and have added it to my options for Paris. We enjoyed having a drink in the sitting room each morning.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

This hotel is a small, beautiful boutique hotel a block away...

The weather was unseasonably warm and the air conditioning at the hotel had not yet been turned on so we slept with the windows open. That was fine as far as the temperature of our rooms but we did hear some street noise that we probably would not have if the windows were closed. But this was a minor issue.

This hotel is a small, beautiful boutique hotel a block away from Notre Dame Cathedral. The location was perfect! The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and very helpful. It was our first trip to Paris and we needed a lot of guidance in the beginning. Anything that they didn't know they found out for us.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2015

Excellent central location near St Michel & Notre Dame;

Uncomfortable bed! Perhaps there's not enough room to get a queen size bed into the room; perhaps it's a Spanish thing to put two full beds next to each other to make a queen size. Whatever it is, 2 beds next to each other don't make a comfortable queen size bed -- one of the beds kept sliding away.

Excellent central location near St Michel & Notre Dame; located in a very narrow street (rue de l'Hotel Colbert) off the main roads makes the hotel very quiet!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2015

Wonderful staff, friendly and helpful.

The room was very small, the bathroom tiny with low ceiling, if you are average height or more you will have difficulties taking a shower...

Wonderful staff, friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2015

The hotel is in a perfect location on the left bank, we...

If you're requesting anything specific go directly to the hotel - they didn't receive my requests from booking.com. Luckily they were very accommodating.

The hotel is in a perfect location on the left bank, we walked absolutely everywhere from it. Very helpful staff, comfortable rooms - larger than average for Paris. Good showers and spotlessly clean. We were very happy.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

Nice, classic hotel, not to big

Only one English spoken TV-channel (BBC News) - that is not good enough with so many international guests Too firm bed for my taste, but OK I didn't test the Wi-Fi, I had my own

Nice, classic hotel, not to big Good breakfast with nice personell Quiet location, still central and only a few minutes from RER and metro Many restaurants close to the hotel I had a deluxe room, with OK space

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

Beautiful room, great staff, perfect location in my favorite...

The wifi was rather slow and inconsistent, at least in our room. I could use it to browse websites for information, but don't expect to stream a movie or video chat with a friend.

Beautiful room, great staff, perfect location in my favorite part of Paris. Incredibly short walk to dozens of restaurants, a metro stop, Notre Dame cathedral, and Shakespeare and Company. Located slightly off the main roads, so it's a little quieter too.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2015

Superb location, 100m from Notre Dame

Poor wifi

Superb location, 100m from Notre Dame Quiet location, on a narrow and very clean street Nice view of a clean historic building across the street, not a Seine panorama but still pleasant. Spacious and spotless rooms Very comfortable bed Nice bathroom, albeit a bit tacky marble Nice lounge bar, did not try the breakfast Large umbrellas at the entrance Close to metro, RER, quartier latin, ile de la Cite

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

The hotel is at a great location at Saint-German.

The hotel is at a great location at Saint-German. The rooms are comfortable and the staff is very polite and helpful

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

The staff there is extremely friendly and speak English very...

The staff there is extremely friendly and speak English very well. Hotel location is superb and I'll stay there again for my next visit to Paris.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2016

The room was spacious and very quiet.

The bathtub was difficult to get in and out of.

The room was spacious and very quiet.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

Great location;

Breakfast a little pricey, so we avoided it.

Great location; comfy bed. Nice deep tub for a relaxing soak.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Central location, yet quiet.

Central location, yet quiet. Clean and warm. Free wifi. Very pleased and would certainly return.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Antonio was anytime supporting and kind.

Antonio was anytime supporting and kind. He suggested us many interesting places to visit and restourants.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

Location, Location, Location was exactly where we needed to...

I wish the room had tea and coffee making facilities

Location, Location, Location was exactly where we needed to be ! Staff was just fantastic

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

the location

housekeeping didn't like to leave enough towels for 2 people!

the location

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Excellent location, very friendly and helpful staff

floor carpet

Excellent location, very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 20 November 2015

excelent location, very close to tourist areas

excelent location, very close to tourist areas

There are also 38 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.