Reviews of Le Glam's Hotel 3 stars

47 Rue Beaunier, 14th arr., 75014 Paris, France

#720 of 1,600 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

very poor experience

very poor breakfast. no milk. no elevators working. I will not be anymore at le glams

There was no milk at the breakfast... !!!! (I mean no milk @ breakfast!!!!). The elevator have been bronken for 6 days and the staff did not offer any explanation about. I was at the 5th floor. I strong advice elderly guests or unhealthy ones to not stay at le glams since hotel may not offer elevarors working again.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

A great little hotel in Paris!
    • Double or Twin Room

A great little hotel in Paris! The room was quiet, very clean and comfortable and the staff were helpful and friendly. The location suited us well - half hour walk to the Seine, either St Germain or Notre Dame areas, or to the Jardin du Luxembourg. Alternatively, the Metro (Porte d'Orleans - line 4) was only 5 minutes' walk away.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Excellent affordable and stylish B&B
    • Double or Twin Room

Rash started all over my body because of the bed as cleaners didn't change the linens or maybe blanket didn't fit my skin's type. Hotel is great and I have no major complaints but for the sake of writing here, I would say noise of the doors of the neighboring rooms little annoyed us. Wifi flickered at some nights. Toilet seat in one of the rooms was little dislocated. Amenities at bathroom is basic - hairdryer, soaps and shampoo sacks and cottons; no shower cap or tooth paste or hair conditioner or lotions. Also, no safe box or kettle.

I stayed here in various rooms for 7 nights in the summer with very good air conditioning. The price was very good between 54 to 58 euros. Each room has a uniquely decorated wall. Comfortable bed - they accepted to change it to twin or double. Big flat TV. Good shower. Hair dryer. Elevator. Vending machine selling water and non-alcohol drinks is available in the ground floor. Towels were changed everyday. Run by Algerians who are nice and helpful and accepted to give us a room at one night when the website said it was full. Hotel staff are also very honest and you feel safe with them- one incident happened: When I left my room going for lunch, I had forgotten my golden ring and earrings in my room's floor and was worried cleaners may have taken them but when i returned to the room, they were still in the floor untouched even though the room was fully cleaned. Hotel is well located as you only walk 2 minutes to reach the metro. There are few restaurants around including Subway and a grocery

It was ok.
    • Double or Twin Room

AC and internet did not work very well. And the lady that works the reception desk was rude. I'm not happy with booking.com either i had an issue with this hotel and the breakfast senta message for assistance and they never got back to me.

It was ok. He ac didn't work very well and internet was horrible but most of the staff were friendly and very helpful. And breakfast was descent.

Nice hotel, room was modern and very clean with really nice...
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice hotel, room was modern and very clean with really nice bathroom and comfy beds. Staff were nice. The location is great, metro station is just around the corner. And it is also quiet location.

Super clean and the best bed!!
    • Double or Twin Room

It was a bit in a sketchy area...

The hotel and hotel room where very clean, also the bed was probably one of the best I have ever slept in!! Slept like a baby.

Bigger than other rooms in Paris.
    • Double or Twin Room

They keep the room key when you leave. I found it weird. WiFi doesn't work all the time.

Bigger than other rooms in Paris. Excellent location. Breakfast was basic, but it was good. A/C works good.

Great stay!

Great stay! I was travelling alone for business and felt very comfortable at Le Glam's. Breakfast was basic but good, everything was very clean, beds very comfortable, room bigger than i expected, great location for getting around Paris with tram and metro links very close by. A little loud from other guests on a night would be my only real issue but it wasn't too bad considering it was a weekend! Nice addition of Netflix on the tv too.

Design

The noise ! I could ear the neighbours , talking and showering like if they were there in the same room as me when I was in the bathroom ! Luckily it wasn’t so bad in the bedroom also constant banging from early morning and can hear neighbours tv !

Design

Modern, clean, little hotel near the underground station.
    • Double or Twin Room

The walls are thin. It was a bit difficult to sleep when the neighbours from other rooms were noisy. Also, when they cleaned the room, they didn't change the towels, they just folded them back to place, so we mixed up our towels.

The room was modern and quite spacious. The bathroom really nice.

Good hotel for short stays
    • Double or Twin Room

Twin bed here means semi-twin anywhere else, a little narrow for above the average person. It is a little awkward they demand to leave key before going out of the hotel.

Cleanliness was excellent. Location was very good, just around the corner 4 line at Port D'Orléans, very easy to get anywhere Paris from location. Award winning french patisserie around the corner too.

This hotel is really close to the metro, Breakfast was basic...
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are very tiny. I hated the mechanism that forces bathroom door to close - the spring was way too strong so you always hat to fight with the door to get in. Hotel is too much glam too my taste, different patterns of wallpapers, carpets...not elegant in my view.

This hotel is really close to the metro, Breakfast was basic but good buffet style. Bathroom was tiny but clean and cleverly organised - shower door are narrow which could get tricky if you eat too much :)

A nice surprise.

A nice surprise. I chose the booking based on proximity to my subsequent lodgings and was instead pleasantly surprised, glad I stayed here. Very clean room, very helpful staff. About a 10 minute walk to the RER (train) station, after which just a few train stops gets you to the central tourist areas. Plenty of supermarkets and restaurants close by.

perfect
    • Double or Twin Room

The location was really good (literally no more than 5 minutes from Porte d'Orléans), the street busy but not too much - and I was on the 5th floor where it is not that noisy -, the bed was really comfortable and I especially loved the fact that they had netflix :D

Small but hospitable hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

They didn't provide enough products for bathing like soap/shampoo/conditioner, and the cleaning lady never came early enough to ask for more. Also, breakfast is twelve euros per person, not per room. a bit misleading.

Staff was SUPER friendly

We had some nice days in Paris
    • Double or Twin Room

I was a bit confused, when we had to leave our keys at the reception when we left the hotel. Didn't know this was still a thing. But I've been even more confused when we came back and simply had to tell our room number without showing our ID or telling our names, even when there was a new receptionist who didn't know us. Like anyone could come there and just ask for the keys for the room 24.

Nice people, good price. Close to the metro and many bars around.

Would 110% stay again!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Walls were very thin so extremely noisy, same through window as buses constantly speeding up and down the street

Very friendly staff, bed was extraordinarily comfortable, lovely shower, i wasnt actually excited for my own bed back home as you usually are after a trip! A few metro’s nearby to take you into the heart of the city

Good value for money!
    • Double or Twin Room

You can hear every noise the neighbours and the cleaning people make. We felt the bed was a little bit too small for sharing for two people

Great location. Clean. New.

• Double or Twin Room

At arrival the woman at the desk didn’t care at all. She continues talking with her friend. Then she leaves and talks with another friend. We waited like ten minutes before she starts checkin us in. Old scary elevator. The room looked like a hospital. The wall paper was falling, the lights didn’t work, the heater didn’t work (when it was 2 degrees outside!) , not even a shampoo or shower gel in the bathroom, the cold and hot water tap was fixed opposite sides. The sheets were dirty. The walls were so thin you could hear everything. All night we heard like someone was punching to the walls. Impossible to sleep. And no wifi in the hotel. Whenever we get down to go out, the reception woman was eating and acting like she was in her house. No one told us hello or goodbye or even a sign during the whole trip. Overall one of the worse hotels I have ever been to. It’s definitively not a three stars hotel.

It is very close to a metro station.

The hotel staff was friendly but I had to wait for 5 minutes to check in while they finished their conversation amongst themselves.

It is very close to a metro station. The bed was very comfortable to sleep in.

Value is good and the property is very well located being...
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was quite basic and picked over when we got there (only 45 mins after it opened). The beds were very firm. Maybe good for some, for us it was a bit uncomfortable. Lastly, we noticed a strong smoke smell in the lobby a few times, perhaps from guests or staff we are not sure, we realize this is common in France in general but it would be better to set a rule that you cannot smoke directly in front of the door to prevent this.

Value is good and the property is very well located being close to the Line 4. Room was surprisingly spacious, well lit, modestly appointed.

Great room in a calm zone
    • Double or Twin Room

Have nothing bad to say about the hotel. Everything went great

The bed was really comfy, the room had a super comfortable temperature (only slept with a tee in January), and the staff was super nice and friendly. Even though we were a bit far away from the center of interest, the subway was right around the corner, and near there there’s an amazing pastry, with the best croissants! Also, if you’d like to eat something greasy but incredibly good, there’s a place near there open until 1 am (at least) with a great calzone and kebab.

disaster

The terrible noise produced by the cleaners the noise that came from other guests from the room next door The hotel is acoustical and everything is heard

Great location, less than a minute walk away from metro...
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location, less than a minute walk away from metro station, restaurants, and local supermarket. Bathroom is very clean and spacious, better than I expected.

good for money and location.

1. When I was there, the lift is out of use most of time. One night, I was lock in the lift for about 5 or more minutes. The staff told me, the engineer were not sure when to come, maybe 10+ minutes, or 20 minutes. Finally, the lift went back to ground floor. and the door opened in the end. 2.Every day I need to give the door key back when I left as the cleaner need to come in to tidy up. 3. The mattress and duvet cover were not very clean the very last night.

good location in 14th. Very close to the underground, good cafes and restaurants.

Hidden gem, lucky to have experienced this hotel before they realise it's worth.

The only issue that I found with this hotel was that I had very noisy neighbours, obviously no fault of the hotels but through the walls I could hear everything until about 2am, it was such a shame but I know that this generally wouldn't happen in a mid-week stay and this was only on one of the nights, my second night was fabulously quiet and no issues whatsoever. I also found that they were not very secure when giving back your key when you returned, I simply asked for a room number and they gave it to me, I felt that I could've been given access to any room if i'd asked so a little extra caution should be taken there, otherwise as i say, flawless.

Room was delightful and spacious, very clean, great facilities! After the amount I had spent I was really not expecting much especially after having had bad hotel experiences in Paris previously, this room really exceeded my expectations and I felt incredibly safe and comfortable, with easy access to the metro line 4 (a very well connected line) and a bus station just round the corner and also the tram, could not ask for a better connected location.

Comfortable and pleasant
    • Double or Twin Room

Our first room smelled of cigarettes but the staff found us a new room for the next two nights when they had more availability at the property. In the second room the walls were very thin so we could hear our neighbour who did wake us up a couple of times. The rooms were also quite hot.

Great location, really close to the metro and main sites. Quirky decor. Friendly staff. Comfy beds. Relatively good value. I would recommend to a friend.

Clean and modern , excellent value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Pillows a bit too big for my taste. Slept without.

Clean and modern , excellent value for money. Some rooms/bathrooms bigger than others. A good 3* , warmly recommended.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Newly renovated hotel with a nice feeling of cleanliness and...

Food offer for breakfast was quite basic. Shampoo was not included in the toiletry kit.

Newly renovated hotel with a nice feeling of cleanliness and orderliness. Small but convenient room (with a lively and vibrant decor!).

The breadfast was nice, good coffee and tea.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breadfast was nice, good coffee and tea. The bed was comfy and clean. The bathroom was very clean too. The stuff was helpful and you can leave your luggages in the hotel after check out

Amazing place
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is expensive but there are some good bakeries nearby. A mini fridge and microwave would make the room perfect.

Rooms are pretty, clean and comfy. Staff is friendly and 24h at the front desk.

Great comfort, cleanliness, friendly staff, and location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only issues - would love if the Wifi was better. It cut in and out a lot and was very slow. I would not be able to stay here if on a business trip where I needed wifi, but it was sufficient for tourism. Also, although my card was pre-approved for payment through booking.com, I was unable to use it in the hotel even after making sure that my card worked everywhere else. The machine said that it could not reach the central bank. Luckily, the hotel is near a bank where I could pull out cash.

Staff was friendly. Comfy beds. GREAT location right by the metro. Although it is a little farther away from city center, the metro station at Port d'Orleans makes it so easy to get to places. Clean and lovely room/bathroom. Easy check-in/check-out. My friend and I were worried about the noise complaints that others have mentioned, but we did not have any issues with the noise whatsoever. Would definitely stay here again.

Very friendly staff, cool decor, comfortable beds, good location but slightly cramped room.
    • Double or Twin Room

While the room was clean, there was a weird smell. I opened the window of the bathroom and found an ashtray full of cigarette butts on the window ledge even though I requested a non smoking room.

The beds were very comfortable.

Never come back to this hotel because I do not want to lose my personal belongings again.

Noisy environment, because of bad sound insulation. The furniture in this hotel seems to be old and broken. The handle of bathroom door in my room is broken. The quality of maids is one big concern because I lost my belonging in this hotel. You better be careful about your personal belongings in this hotel.

Reception staff are nice. This is hotel is close to metro station but the metro station is far from city central.

Convenient and comfortable stay in the heart of Paris

Breakfast was not included in my rate - which I was surprised at because I paid a reasonable amount for location - my misunderstanding.

I really liked the location - it was a quiet neighbourhood with plenty of places to eat and a supermarket and patisserie just a few minutes walk away. It was also really well connected by short metro journey to all of the main sites - and really easy to arrive from any of the airports. The staff were really helpful and friendly. My bed was extra comfy.

When I came and check in, there was a diference between...
    • Double or Twin Room

When I came and check in, there was a diference between price booking and Le Glam's, cca +100€. Personal was kindely and solved this problem to my setisfied.

The receptionist that night (23 september) was extremely...
    • Double or Twin Room

The receptionist that night (23 september) was extremely strange. I had the feeling he was either drunk, mentally challenged or mocking me. We had a number of misunderstandings and he finally put me in a room on the ground floor, with a window to the street and no curtain!! Never had such an experience before and I travel to Paris on a bi-monthly basis and stay in similar hotels. Very disappointed.

Loved the location and friendly staff especially the lady the works evening shift, Sabrin I think
    • Double or Twin Room

Narrow staircase, there is a lift but u still have to carry ur own suitcase up the narrow stairs to ur room.

Pretty basic breakfast with not much options

Bed was comfortable, facilities clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower door did not close properly so floor got flooded. With stairs up to the room even though there was a lift, the stairs which were a little challenging. This place would not be great for those that have disabilities. Parking limited outside, although do have access to Parking Station for 26 euros, but it is 1/2 kilometer away. No secure place to put luggage if you want to leave it for any length of time before or after checkin.

Bed was comfortable, facilities clean. Decor funky and quirky. The one staff I met on reception was polite, and helpful.

Awesome location; amazing staff; very clean, cute and convenient; warm and welcome atmosphere

The staff is amazing at this hotel. This hotel is (I believe) owned by the same people as Ideal Hotel (just a block away), and both of them are phenomenal places to stay. I liked Ideal a bit better, and it was a bit more expensive, but neither of these locations is expensive at all for what you get. The rooms are clean and very cheerful and pleasant. And both are super close to the Metro. More importantly, they let me check in early and check out a few minutes late, and they've got reception open 24 hours with the most friendly, helpful staff I have ever encountered at a hotel. Seriously, the young female desk attendant (I wish I had gotten her name!) was so unbelievably friendly that she actually had a tangible positive impact on my stay in Paris. This hotel is the best, and for the price, it's a no-brainer. It's also easy to navigate the Metro from here, though I walked a lot (Paris is great for walking).

Everything was really good!
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was really good! Location is perfect, everything you need is near the hotel(even, the beautiful parks, where you can run or just spent free time,outside the city) . Rooms are clean and comfortable (there are not huge rooms, it's a Paris 😊). Personal is nice and helpful.

Nice for the small money
    • Double or Twin Room

The cleanliness could be better. The walls are very thin and you could hear every step and voices of the neighbor. this was disturbing.

The service and stuff was really good and friendly. The room was small but comfy. The AC and the TV were really good.

4 days in Paris
    • Double or Twin Room

poor selection possibilities at breakfast (no variety) staff sometimes not good organized and slow

close to Port d'Orleans Station nice bathroom and ambiente very good price modern and renovated

don't book unless you must stay in the neighborhood
    • Double or Twin Room

Location. There is nothing intereseting around the hotel, no good restaurants, cafes, museums or such. The neighborhood isn't beautiful. The metro is close though, but I prefer walking rather than taking Paris metro. The hotel design looked like they wanted to make it different and special, but I'd pay more attention to the quality of the maintenance rather than bright wallpapers.

We had a really nice view from our room. Apart from that there isn't anything special about the place. Just another mediocre hotel.

Great stay
    • Double or Twin Room

A few noises from other rooms, but nothing too bad. Didn't affect us, but steps from lift to floor. Would stay there again.

Lovely staff, very clean and comfortable, great breakfast. Not big, but this is Paris, and I've had smaller rooms there. Comfortable bed and good shower. The quietest air conditioning we've ever had! Nice location on quiet street, close to metro, but also quick RER line from Gare to Nord to Cite Universitaire and walk through Montsouris park. 38 bus also runs to centre, but was crowded at times.

Great, check in time could have been better, need more cleaning staff.

The check in was horrific. They made me wait nearly 2 hours after I was supposed to check in. I was tired and needed a few hours sleep before I went out.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the TV was fully smart and in HD. The walk in shower was great too.

Extra comfortable beds.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom could have been a bit bigger

Extra comfortable beds. We really loved them. Friendly staff Good internet Comfortable beds! Tv had Netflix Very close to metro station Beds!

I rarely review hotels.
    • Double or Twin Room

I rarely review hotels. But this one was excellent: the manager was so nice and helpful. The hotel has been completely renovated. The beds are extremely comfortable. I have stayed in many Paris hotels and this one is more like a 4 star Paris hotel. Very close to metro station (line 4)

Value for money in a good location
    • Double or Twin Room

The property is quiet, clean and good for short stays and have everything you need. The rooms are typical european style small but well designed and very very clean! The bathroom is small but I would say it does it purpose. They have hair dryer, basic foams etc in the bathroom. I didn't have breakfast so no comments on that. There are pharmacies, groceries, eateries and bakeries around and metro is just around the corner so is bus and tram station. The neighborhood is very nice. Notre Dam, Catacomb or even to get around anywhere in Paris was easy because you could reach hotel through any of the public transports and get down in Porte De Orleans.

A Definite Must!
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything about this hotel was excellent! A definite 10 out of 10 in all areas. It was super clean and the staff were very nice and helpful. The location was perfect as it has all kind of shops, pubs and cafes within walking distance and tourist attractions like the Eiffel tower, Louvre Pyramid and Arc Di Triomph etc. was just a short taxi drive away. We enjoyed our 7 night stay in this hotel and we'll definitely be back in the future!

Clean, comfy and stylish
    • Double or Twin Room

No tea or coffee in the room. Or water. Pre-authorisation amount is very high and then you still pay full price for room while money is held for pre-authorisation. I think it's best to just pay upfront for room.

It has nice decor, compact and comfortable.

Absolutely amazing place!
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds were REALLY comfy! Would definitley recommend this hotel, such good value and a very nice, clean hotel. Whenever we go to Paris, this is where we will always stay. Very close to the metro, and then your 10 mins from all the main attractions.

The staff were helpful and the beds were comfy
    • Double or Twin Room

We booked at £122 and was charged £141 and no explanation feel that if booking.com show a price this is what should be honoured by the hotel as it felt like I had been duped

The staff were helpful and the beds were comfy

Very good service and super clean
    • Double or Twin Room

It's little far away from centre but doesn't really matter because it is close to metro port de Orleans

Very good service and super clean I recommend it strongly

Good deal for Paris
    • Double or Twin Room

It is a fair deal comparing to other hotel prices but somewhere else in Europe it would not worth the money (just because it's Paris).

I like that it is located near a metro and bus station.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Colorful room
    • Double or Twin Room

On the one day I wanted to have breakfast, I went downstairs and they told me I needed to have said something the night before. It would have been nice to be warned about it in advance. Also, I left at five in the morning, super tired, and when I asked for a coffee I was told it would be two euros...

The room was nicely decorated and well-lit. The shower was spacious and clean. There is a really good bakery right around the corner, and also a supermarket. It is not in a super touristic area (which was perfect for me), but in Paris it is possible to get virtually anywhere by public transport. And the metro is a 2-minute walk for the hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Excellent budget option.
    • Double or Twin Room

Small room. Poor accoustic isolation between rooms (in case you get noisy neighbors). Small closet.

Friendly staff. Small hotel. Comfortable bed, good shower and good wi-fi. Didn't take breakfast. Quiet street. Location is very good, few meters from M4 Porte D'Orleans station. Paris subway network is excellent (besides cars and stations are ugly, dirty and stinky) and you can go mostly anywhere you need using a Paris Visit ticket for zones 1 to 3.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Recently renovated and very convenient hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning system worked well, but cannot be adjusted for the room (unfortunately, as it was too much fan for me).

The hotel, recently renovated, is located close to Porte d'Orléans Métro but at the same time in a quiet little street. The decoration, using pictures of famous places in Paris, is simple but colourful. The bathroom, with shower, is very functional and clean, with enough space.

Great location, Incredible staffs. I'd like to marry their pillows.
    • Double or Twin Room

The metro line 4 would be crucial for you to get back to the hotel. Note that the north part of metro 4 is currently close for some reasons, and the alternative bus does not cover all the stops through the shut stops.

Helpful staffs, great location for people taking metro. There is a really nice supermarket with great selection, fresh bread and food.

Compact yet comfortable

Dining area is too small to comfortably accommodate all users needing it.

Rooms are compact with reasonable en-suite shower room. Eclectic decor! Breakfast was a good continental - croissants, pain au chocolat, baguette, cereals, yogurt, fruit compote, dried apricots, boiled eggs, tea, coffee. Location is about 30 mins from centre of Paris but transport links are nearby and many (metro, tram, bus).

Nice friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi in my room was not working great and the room was a bit too noisy for my standard.

Nice friendly staff. Easy to find and close to a metro station.

Loved the bed, one of the most comfortable that I've...
    • Double or Twin Room

Sometimes our key was not re-activated when we came back to the hotel so we needed to go back down to reception again

Loved the bed, one of the most comfortable that I've ever had. The view was very French. The room was very clean. The hotel was very close to the metro station.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Poor breakfast, no water boiler in the room to have a tea or...
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast, no water boiler in the room to have a tea or coffee in the room

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

The elevator was broken.
    • Double or Twin Room

The elevator was broken. Had to carry the luggage into the 5th floor.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Not a glamorous hotel, however the showers where good and the beds were comfortable and clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

booking through bookings.com was more expensive than if you book direct with the hotel.

showers were great and bed was comfortable

One night stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The room didn’t have air conditioning!

Hotel is very nice and tidy. Staff is friendly too

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Clean
    • Double or Twin Room

There isn’t tissue and super speed kettle

Clean

Calm, clean, relaxing and lots of room for a central hotel
    • Double Room with Parking

The bed was really comfortable and the place was spotlessly clean. Big thumbs up to the cleaning staff!

The staff was very friendly and helpful
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi was not working very well

Its ok
    • Two Rooms next to Each Other

Very small rooms. Ac shuts off after a while

It had ac and the bed was comfy

Very enjoyable. Hotel very basic
    • Double Room with Parking

Very basic, lacked character. Very noisy from other rooms slamming doors etc.

Good quality shower and comfortable bed

Ed really comfy
    • Two Rooms next to Each Other

Tiny rooms

Ed really comfy

Exceeded my expectations.

Exceeded my expectations. Cute, clean rooms. Perfect gateway for a short trip to Paris.

Close to the Metro, bus and tram.
    • Double or Twin Room

Close to the Metro, bus and tram.

Khalil is very kind, the bed is very comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Khalil is very kind, the bed is very comfortable.

Browse Le Glam's Hotel traveller photo gallery