Reviews of Le Littré 4 stars

9, Rue Littré, 6th arr., 75006 Paris, France

#323 of 1,601 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Lovely suite and friendly staff
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Separating the bathroom and toilet is a good idea but it would have been great to have a sink (hand washing facility) in the toilet.

Nice comfortable and spacious suite, friendly staff and convenient location

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Sometimes a great staff goes a long way!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was very expensive and it needs an upgrade. No radio in the room. I felt at times that my coffee mugs weren't clean as they had some leftover coffee stains on them...

Staff, staff, staff! just perfect and the location of the hotel is a huge plus!!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Wonderful property, nicely located
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything about the property was great. Staff couldn’t be more friendly, room was clean with a comfortable bed and great bathroom. The courtyard was good for a drink and the food was good at the restaurant

Cozy but hight quality stay in Paris.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My room was facing courtyard which was not really good view.

Great location , freindly staff, and well organised facilities. I used for my business travel, which fit perfect. Also Showers, bathtub is toilet are in high standard. Quality of bed was also great for jhaving good sleep.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

4 wonderful days in Paris.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I miss very much fresh vegetables such as tomato and cucumber for breakfast.

Everything was great and this is the second time I have been staying at the hotel, certain that on my next trip to Paris I will be the guest of the hotel and that means it all !!

Clean - reasonable location
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

Construction next room - wall to wall- for four our of four days with heavy knocking noise from 8.30-4.30 daily and all I got was “sorry”. You took my money gladly but offered me terrible experience. Why do you rent rooms when there is knocking construction noise next door. Wait, I know. The money that I have to commit to and would have lost had I moved to another hotel. To add insult to injury: the AC did not work even after vacating the room for half a day to work on it. Also the room was not ready when I arrived, even though I arrived 8 pm. I was offered small room and was given the room I booked only when I complained. In response to all the above, I got “ sorry” but of course I paid full rate for the entire stay. The hotel should understand how to run a business and should not take people money when they knew upfront of the heavy construction next door and the terrible AC at a time when Paris was quite hot. If you are to fix this and act professionally, you must refund what I paid. I am escalating this with videos and photos and noise recording to the French and tourism authorities. Good luck to those staying in the same room 108.

Clean - reasonable location

GREAT STAY IN PARIS
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

I would have loved to have an iron and ironing board in the room. More vegan choices for breakfast would also be appreciated.

We loved that the hotel was homely and the fact that the front desk staff could speak English.They had all the amenities that we needed in the bathroom. We would definitely stay here again as we found it to be central to transportation and lots of shopping and cafes nearby.

Everything was perfect.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect. The hotel, the rooms, staff very polite and attentive. Located in a great area, plenty of restaurants, caffe, boulangeries. For sure I will be back at The Littre when travel to Paris again

Very pleasant welcome and service prior / post to...
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

The service at Verandabar left something to be desired.

Very pleasant welcome and service prior / post to checkin / checkout was exceptional.

Wonderful place to stay in the very heart of Montparnasse
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The layout of the hotel is not great. A rather small reception area, and only one small elevator that was rather slow. Guess this goes with the territory in an old building in this location.

Location is terrific, room was very comfortable, staff very friendly and accommodating and the breakfast super.

Great 3 nights in Paris

Very helpful and nice staff. Location is great close to metro, restaurants and quite at the same time. With few metro stops we have been at major Paris attractions. Rooms are clean and very big with comfortable beds.

Please note that my name is Michael Robin Wilkinson.

Sunday morning breakfast was very poor. Had to ask repeatedly for orange juice and eggs. There was no management and the staff on duty could not cope.

Extremely close to Rail and Metro and walk to various...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Extremely close to Rail and Metro and walk to various tourist locations. Wonderful Staff, very friendly which made our satay all the better. Room is as described and bigger than most in Paris. Breakfast was very good. Expresso coffee is made to order if preferred. Definitely would stay again and highly recommend.

Comfortable, clean and conveniently located to metro and shopping.

Shower stall was small.

Conveniently located near shopping and the metro on a quiet side street in the bottom of the 6th. The staff was friendly and helpful with making dinner reservations, booking taxis and giving directions. The superior room I shared with my daughter was clean and spacious by Parisian standards. The walk in closet area had lots of shelving. The bathroom was newly renovated and had good storage for our toiletries. The lobby was large, cheerful and had several seating areas. Breakfast was good. I would definitely stay there again.

I loved this hotel!
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

I liked everything about it.

I loved this hotel!!! I would stay there again in a heartbeat. I would also recommend it to anyone else interested in staying in Paris. It is very close to the metro and train station. There are also bus stops around the corner, but we never took the bus. The restaurants near the hotel are wonderful, and the staff is the BEST that I have ever seen. They are so kind and friendly, and they are willing to help you with any need. Their expertise of different languages is so impressive. I loved our room. We had a very nice bathroom that had a hair dryer and nice amenities. Our beds were comfortable, the space was big especially for Europe and the room was very clean. They also had an international plug which was nice. This really is a wonderful hotel!!

Nice enough hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The in-bath shower was awkwardly situated, the room decor was a little past its best. The lack of staff at the bar was a little frustrating.

The hotel was well located and the common areas were well decorated. My room was big enough for a hotel in Paris and was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The waiter at breakfast was very friendly.

Well-positioned hotel in a quiet street just off Gare Montparnasse
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Location of this hotel is truly excellent. Our room was really big (we're a family of 4), actually - huge for Paris! Staff is very nice and kind, especially those serving breakfast. Breakfast has an excellent selection - try the muffins!

This property was out of our expectation.
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

The bed was not so comfortable, and it was expensive.

This property was out of our expectation. Given it is located in Paris, the room was large (30m^2). The breakfast was just amazing. We asked banana each day for our kid, and always were satisfied.

Very nice people, extremely helpful
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

Very nice people, extremely helpful Croissants and generally the whole breakfast excellent Location perfect both for walking and for buses or the metro

Very nice hotel!

Rooms could be renovated. Rooms were clean and nice but should be refreshed.

Very nice hotel! Excellent breakfast! Perfect location for visiting Paris. Car parking available. Very good service in hotel!

Great place to stay in Paris
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing I did not like about this lovely hotel.

It was a lovely hotel so conviently located and accessible to all major attractions and metro with restaurants around the area!

Quiet room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We weren’t offered the promised welcome drink. Clearer explanation required about breakfast in the room - what is/is not chargeable?

Quiet room. Comfy bed. Very clean. Helpful staff. Great location.

Good hotel and location. Close to subways, which makes it easy to get around in Paris. Nice Maitre D
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

Front desk could have been more helpful, as highlighted in many of the reviews.

Excellent size room for a couple and a child. Good location, even if at the bottom end of the 6th Arrondissement. Nice breakfast and Maitrê D.

A very good, almost excellent 4 star hotel at a good location in Paris.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was just OK from a comfort perspective. Not the best water pressure in the shower/facilities.

The rooms were spacious, the staff helpful (we asked for some additional blankets upon check in at night and got them, no questions asked), a nice continental breakfast. Location is great for a hotel that is not smack in the middle of the city (the metro station nearby has 4-5 lines, very helpful to get around)

5.6
    Not value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception staff were stoney faced and rude. No greeting or smile on arrival. Same on departure and even answered the phone to someone else during check out, very rude. Staff like this forget that "we the customer" have a choice. The breakfast was quite plain and no eggs cooked to order only tasteless cold scrambled eggs.

Rooms were clean and comfortable

Beautiful hotel but don’t stay here
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

No white wine in the bar! In Paris! Seven days later and they still haven’t released my pre-authorisation amount. They still owe me @ 220 euros! I booked a room with breakfast, but the hotel claimed this was not the case. And they denied us breakfast. We went for my daughters 16th birthday and the hotel didn’t mark her birthday with any thing. Very poor.

Beautiful hotel but don’t stay here

Location is perfect and staff super friendly.
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

Not a big deal but would be lovely to have a kettle/coffee machine in the room. Also heating was a bit high. But these are small details for an otherwise wonderful stay.

Location is perfect and staff super friendly. Room really large and comfortable for Paris. Super clean and luxurious!

Great location & hotel service.
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

Expensive. I stayed at a lot of places that were really just as nice with friendlier staff for much less throughout travelling around France. However this was in Paris so prices are naturally higher. We got a deluxe room for 3 of us and I was dissapointed by how small it still was (the pictures on the website made it look much bigger & nicer).

Great location & hotel service.

Nice but not 4*
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had no hot water throughout the stay. The room was small and basic for a four star ( no tea and coffee facilities) At £204 per night would expect more. There was a lot of noise outside the hotel every morning since no chance of a lie in

Location OK near to metro stops nice clean room

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Great location, great hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Heating - could not work it out. Room was very warm. In hindsight I probably should have asked reception!

Large by Parisian standards, clean , location, staff pretty friendly - especially two female staff on the morning shift

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Very pleasant and comfortable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I paid more than the price quoted through Booking.com. I think it would be good to have coffee facilities in the room. Breakfast was great and included in the cost of my room. Very expensive if optional.

I loved the warmth and comfort of my room (20m2) especially in Winter. Very conveniently situated in the centre of Montparnasse, shopping,public transport and restaurants though tucked in a quiet little street. Very clean and the staff were very helpful.

We booked a deluxe room and noted that we're a honeymoon...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This con is not about the hotel but about the booking.com. We were upset that price from the hotel's internet site is better, even if we got a special price of the day etc. from booking.com. Booking.com has been our first address to click and we never think to double check, but we lost confidence in booking.com and we will definitely check out if there is a better price.

We booked a deluxe room and noted that we're a honeymoon couple. We found macorons with a creeting card, which was soo kind. We stayed in room with a balcony and city view. Although it was cold outside, it was worth to stay in a room with balcony. Lady in the reception was so nice, she gave as to the point advises about the city. Breakfast was also more than ok. Location is just very practical, very close to Monparnasse, short walking distance to latin quarter and Saint Germain des pres.

Excellent boutique hotel in all areas
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing There wasn’t a kettle in the room to make a quick coffee but I enjoyed having it down at breakfast

Everything in this hotel was great! It’s a boutique hotel that has all facilities, big rooms, very clean, and very friendly stuff.the breakfast area is very nice, the buffet has good variety of food, nice loby, great wifi. The location is very good, 15 mnts walking from Saint Germain. I would definitely come back next trip to Paris and I highly recommend it! Special thank to the brezilian concierge(sorry I forgot the name)!

Our trip to Paris
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

It seems there were some troubles with the air conditioning system, since there was some strange scent every time we came back from the street. However, it disappeared after several minutes.

We were upgraded from family room to the suite (with no extra cost) due to the fact that our room wasn't ready at our arrival, which is good. The location of the hotel is also good, with lots of shops and restaurants around.

Yes to both your questions about the room and the breakfast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Yes to both your questions about the room and the breakfast. Above all, the location made it easy to wander around Paris and staff was extremely helpful.

The hotel in general is nice modern , but the location...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel in general is nice modern , but the location around was not offering place like restaurants etc .. at 00 : most of things was already close .

We had an amazing time and for sure we will be back
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

rooms probably could be renovated

very friendly and helpful stuff, lobby is renovated, beautiful and pretty big - great for the business meetings as well fantastic location in the city center, very close to nice restaurants, bars and subway station in the hotel there is sauna and parking spot what was important to us very clean rooms

Comfort and home like atmosphere

Could not really find any thing to mention.

Excellent front desk staff including the bell boy. Cozy room and bathroom furnishing well lighted. English speakingStaff always eager to go out of the way to assist the guest. Good breakfast spread.

Nice classic hotel in a great location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was quite all right (great cheese plate, small but decent assortment of warm dishes, good coffee) but not worth 20€, especially with the abundance of cafés in the area. Oh and I love a good boiled egg but these were stone cold and rock hard.

Nice, classic hotel, great location. Nice room with an extra door in the hall to keep out noise from the corridor - much appreciated. Loved the bathroom and bathrobes. Very helpful and accommodating staff.

Pleasant stay
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

Nothing in particular! There is no evening meal serving provisions but small bar is available.

Close proximity to many tourist attractions in walking distance and excellent resturants all around

We had a wonderful stay, and the staff was amazingly helpful.
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

The rooms (at least the one that I stayed in) could use an update, to more match the modern and quaint design of the lobby and outside relaxing space.

The hotel location is excellent for tourist travel, and the staff is more than friendly and helpful. I loved the updated lobby and the morning breakfast was a great start to our busy days bouncing around the streets and sights of this beautiful city.

An enjoyable stay
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

The shower was surging, getting hot, then cold and hot again

We liked the service very much. Always friendly and helpful. The room we had was very quiet and very spacious

excellent and nice stay
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The huge double bed is actually two single beds which results in a non confortable night sleep as the middle of the bed is the two edges of the mattresses which is really annoying. A more variety in the breakfast buffet will be an excellent addition and value for money especially for a long stay; plus having some items for kids.

The location is excellent. Friendly and helpful staff. the whole setting is great.

Rotten fruits for breakfast
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I don't know where to begin. The staff was not friendly at all. Well, some people smiled but generally the attitude was below any standards. Nobody helped me with a child's stroller even once, and at check out they just left me and my teenage daughter without any help as we boarded a car outside (we had three big suitcases and two bags). In our booking we asked for adjacent rooms (because we traveled with children), at check in I was told that they can only offer rooms on the same floor. When on the first night fire alarm went off our older daughter was really scared and didn't know what to do. It took some time before she could find her way to our room. Thank God, it was a false alarm and there was no fire. A lot of reviews praised their breakfast. Well, worst breakfast at 4* I ever had. Fruit platter had several rotten peaches (rotten!) for two days in a row. Come on, guys, check your fruits at least once a day! The location (that many are so happy about) was disappointing as well. I mean, if you are going to Paris for the first time (or even second) stay away from Le Littre and Montparnasse square in general. Just two-three streets from the hotel it all gets better but around the hotel it is very unpleasant. Going back to that false fire alarm - no discount or even apology was offered about that. We ended up only staying two nights instead of six and moved out to another hotel! Le Littre - never again!

Nothing! We liked absolutely nothing at this hotel.

Pleasant Restful Stay.

My window faced out over a terraced area where there were some noisy guests. The hotel staff did nothing to quiet them down. One of the other rooms in our group had a malfunction hairdryer. The staff replaced it, but it still did not work.

I booked a Standard Room, and it was still one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. It had both a Walk in Shower with a Rain Shower, and a separate Bath Tub. We had three rooms. The others did not have the same set-up, but all were nice.

staff was efficient and the service was excellent
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

improve the wifi quality in the room. It is necessary to improve the air conditioner level, not cold enough.

staff was efficient and the service was excellent The reception office, the dining room staff, the cleaning room.

Hotel Littre is nice but disappoints as a 4 star establishment
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No hotwater on most mornings of our stay. Quality of Wifi in the room very intermittent especially in the evenings. Mattresses are too soft and hollow. Room very small. No complementary coffee.

Location in 6th arr. close to Metro and very restaurants n Rue Rennes & Saint Germain.in a quiet street. Interior of hotel recently uogradedes.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Comfortable oasis, wonderful location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Would have loved access to the roof terrace to watch the Eiffel Tower lit up at night!!!

Warm welcome, wonderful service, delicious breakfast and a very comfortable stay.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Ideal for a short stay in Paris
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Would have liked a bigger bath but I'm being picky.

Welcome on arrival and treatment. Location was very good - just round the corner from the Metro.

For traveling to Paris surburbs and by TGV
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff. Public transportation to the property. There are 4 metro stations around from which you can reach any point in Paris in 20 minutes and TGV Monparnace station at few minutes distance. A lot of cafes and restaurants.

The cleanliness of the hotel including the room and the nice...

The elevator is veryold (old fashioned). And small size . No trolley for bags

The cleanliness of the hotel including the room and the nice smell of the lobby👍. Serving candy in the reception.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Great location, helpful staff with a good room service.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was a bit tired - could do with some freshening up - bedcover and head board and room could have been a bit fresher. And bathroom robes need replacing.

Great coffee and decent breakfast selection. Hotel layout felt nice too.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Great little Place in the Center of Paris.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Made 3 local phone calls from the Hotel to an Airline. Got charged 52.00 Euro on checkout. Not the Hotels fault, but Hotel info should be more easily available.

Location, very close to Montparnasse and the Metro. Excellent Breakfast, lots of little Brasseries within walking distance. Room with a view of the Eiffel Tower (extra charge).

I was expecting more
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Noise isolation is not good, you can hear next door guests talking; Bathroom door closer is really annoying! Breakfast is understaffed. Everytime something is out. If you have juice, you can't get a glass, and if you have a glass, you can't get juice.

Staff very helpfull and polite; Room and facilities very clean; Near to Monparnasse Rail/metro station; A lot of TV channels in other languages (helps when you have poor french)

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Beutiful decorated hotel, very friendly and helpful staff,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Beutiful decorated hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, very clean..

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Too small bed size

Too small bed size

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Best compliment—I would return and I will recommend to friends
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

WiFi was flakey at times.

Excellent location. Staff very helpful. Very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

The staff, the location, everything was perfect.

The staff, the location, everything was perfect.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

not worth the price
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

bad smell in the room, old instruments.

breakfast is not bad, that’s all of the positive point.

I would like to be back!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The failure to address the plumbing issue in the bathroom that had waste water overflowing from trough through out our stay.

Clean rooms and very centrally located.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Been there twice. Check in could be a bit slow depending on whom you get...

Clean rooms and very centrally located.

Excellent service.

Excellent service. Manager was extremely resourceful. Many good restaurants nearby.

Easy access to metro, buses, train station
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

Hotel upgrades my room so I cannot say the true value for mony

Easy access to metro, buses, train station Area restaurants good

Paris
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

Hot water went out in afternoon but was fixed by morning

Location close to Paris aTrain Station East, metro and bus.

Size of room

Staff were very friendly

Located near metro . Room was spacious for 3 Adults

The pillows were not very comfy

The pillows were not very comfy

Great price for great location!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great price for great location!

• Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

Very good location, helpful staff, very tidy and clean, would definitely go back!

No bathtub

Yes, Le Littré was a good choice!
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

- excellent and generous breakfast - very kindly and helpful staff - demanding equipment and calm atmosphere - perfect location

Very comfortable stay

Good breakfirst!

Great location. Great breakfast.

Good location (next to metro). Big room and bathroom J. Good food and service in the restaurant.
    • Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

Big rooms, which is not common for Paris for proposed price.

Amazing option for Paris if you are going with friends
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

One of the rooms was for disabled people so the toilet and shower were not comfortable.

Amazing location, great service and super spacious rooms