Reviews of Le Patio Bastille 3 stars

289 bis, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 11th arr., 75011 Paris, France

#980 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Classic Room

The neighborhood felt a bit unsafe while coming back at night.

The hotel stuff were very helpful. It was in a good location.. very close to the train station. Getting to the major attractions was really easy.

• Classic Room

The breakfast was disappointing. We paid 14 euro per person for the large breakfast even though they ran out of eggs and croissants - it was a bad start to the day really which put a sour note on the stay in this hotel.

• Junior Suite Quadruple

Bathroom and balcony doors flimsy. Peeled wallpaper in room. The only opening/ventilation of the room opened to a passage. To maintain privacy had to keep it closed at all times. Credit Card was charged even after paying cash. One of the receptionists on one occasion refused to give us umbrellas saying all were out. When we pointed out the 7 or so umbrellas we could see just behind her, she did lend us the umbrella.

Good Breakfast. Kitchenette was nice to have.

• Classic Room

the room I was first given had been occupied by a smoker who clearly did not have the courtesy to smoke outside_ the room smelled terrible!. I had specified a no smoking room. however my room was changed immediately when I notified reception

it was a comfortable hotel with excellent and friendly staff and good little restaurants nearby_ especially mamere Louise which has an interesting menu of homemade food and good range of wines

• Executive Room

Half filled toiletries, a bit odd? No fan in the bathroom. The room was not the one in the picture on the website but are they ever?!

Nice hotel, clean and tidy. We paid a little extra to get a bigger room, I'd hate to see the size of a regular room! Location was very close to the metro which was excellent. Rooms were quiet however the noise from the court yard carried up to our room. Not used to reception controlling the air conditioning in my room but things are done differently in Europe!

• Junior Suite Quadruple

A few more fresh fruit options for breakfast would have been nice. The two spiral staircases we had to take to our room were a surprise. It's just good to know you may be climbing those.

The room was very nice and a good size. The kitchenette was a bonus and the bathroom comfortable. Definitely recommend this property.

• Classic Room

High cost of on-site parking, but seems pretty comparative to other Paris hotels. Fortunately we were able to find secure off-site parking at a considerable saving for 3 nights. The breakfast room is relatively small and therefore can be crowded if you don't time things right.

While the decor in our room was showing some signs of age, the public areas of the hotel look very good, and overall the stay was very comfortable. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and the room itself was a good size for Paris, with the kitchenette (microwave, hotplate, fridge and electric kettle) a real bonus. Walking from reception across the courtyard to get to our room provided a great mental detachment from the traffic and people on the street outside. Breakfast included a cooked option with scrambled eggs and sausages in addition to typical Continental breakfast elements. In addition to the 'handy' offered, there is wi-fi available in the rooms, although the connection wasn't 100% reliable.

• Classic Room

The walls of the room were like cardboard. I could hear every single noise of the neighbours. If people didn't wake me up it was the noise of the fridge. I slept very bad. Hard old mattress. The room was old, very uncosy lighting and quite depressing. The breakfast was generic.

Hard to tell. The lobby looks quite Nice that's about it.

• Classic Room

Pillow was very hard for me but would happily go back to stay

Great for seeing the city and very peaceful at night far enough away from all the busy bits but close to some great restaurants and a good price easy for breakfast to bars open early

• Junior Suite Quadruple

1. The walkthough the hotel is very diffucult, especially if you need to carry a bag (or more...), or if you need to move around many times (my card key had problems so I had to go back and forth many times), as you actually need to go through a patio with a couple of more doors and narrow steps. 2. The Breakfast. a good variety, but low quality. Get something from the nearby boulangeries or nearby cafes. 3. The room for a junior suite of 4 persons, was not even close to the number 4 or the term "suite". The room had exactly one chair and one armchair.

It is close to the Metro station Nation, and close to nice and cosy restaurants, bistros and cafes.

• Classic Room

When I arrived the gentleman at the front desk tried switching me for a single room because I was by myself, DESPITE the fact I paid for a double. When I complained he didn’t apologise, rather gave me to key to another room for me to move all my stuff before bringing the key back to him. The cheek.

They have a device called Handy, that they encourage you to take out with you. It gives you internet on the go, maps etc. All for free. :)

• Classic Room

Room was a bit small, and the bed wasn’t the most comfortable. Small issues really!

Very hospitable staff. Especially when we had a noisy neighbour at 4.30am. Very clean. Great location. Pretty much everything was accessible via le nation metro station. Also loads of food and drink options in the area. To top it all off, the hotel gave us a free android phone to use during our visit!

• Junior Suite Quadruple

The parking is a joke. I hired a 9 seater van which got stuck on the way in and had to call a tow truck on the way out. A clear indication of what sort of vehicles can fit must be provided to the visiting guests. 9 seaters are definitely a no-no for the parking lot .

lovely staff very helpful

• Classic Room

It a small room and there was a smoking smelling in the room during getting into the room.

The room was clean. it is quite place. There is a small kitchen in the room as well as there are a microwave, a fridge, electric cooking, boiling kettle, and TV which makes me more comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Junior Suite Quadruple

The building looks a little tired from the courtyard area where you access the rooms. Could do with a freshen up.

Good value for money. Spacious room with comfortable beds. Really quiet during the night. Easy access to the Metro from the hotel.

• Classic Room

Small room(ours had 13 m2) but i guess that is expected for Paris. Quite far from the city center..15-20 minutes metro ride. Haven't found a good place to eat a satisfaying european breakfast close in the area, but there were options for french breakfast.

Comfortable bed & clean room(daily cleened). Nice hotel staff. Close Nation metro station with good connections to multiple lines. Multiple good coffe places/restaurants in the area.

• Classic Room

Little pricey for one night room only; would have had B&B if breakfast had been cheaper; got woken at 5.45am from very deep sleep by alarm clocks ringing & ringing from person in next room. Sounded like in our bedroom; they didn't seem to wake up & I found it difficult to get back to sleep! Had been looking forward to a long lie!

Good location; pretty garden; nice room; comfortable beds;

• Junior Suite Quadruple

The parking is too small and narrow. You have to drive very carefully to avoid damage. The parking 25 euro à Day is not worth it. The pillows are not good for good sleep.

Not hing.

• Classic Room

The staff seemed friendly but really failed on the communication front as they misinformed us of our charges and were rude about the situation. Also, the rooms have very thin walls, so you can hear everything.

Each room does come equipped with a mobile phone to use while you're there. They offer tea and coffee in the room.

• Junior Suite Quadruple

Two single beds shoved together does not a double bed make! A fair bit of noise from surrounding guests, not all the time but always at the wrong time. Breakfast cost a lot extra unless you have it really early.

No noise from street (we asked for a room off the courtyard), bunk beds good for kids, good little kitchenette, clean, service was thorough.

• Junior Suite Quadruple

The concierge was very quick to give us instructions to room. Felt like an inconvenience if we asked for any more information. Maybe a bit late. He spent about 10 mins with us on arrival and gave us key for room. Nicer on the 2nd or 3rd day but impression was not as we had expected as this was our very first time in Paris.

We didn't get the spacious room. We booked for 3 but 4 beds were made up so hard to manouvre around the room. Top floor so no view from room as window was higher and above bed. Fridge was not working even though we asked for it to be 3 times and our own food was spoiled. The hotel did however give 2 guests 1 breakfast on the last day as we asked for it.

• Classic Room

Carpet leaves red stains on socks. Funny smell in room.

Comfortable bed. Nice garden. Quiet room. Has a kitchenette. Metro and grocery shop nearby. Kind staff.

• Junior Suite Quadruple

Le Patio Saint Antoine was an unexpected revelation. What excellent, attentive, friendly, genuinely helpful staff. From the Manager to the Concierges, to the dining room to the maids to the extremely helpful maintenance man, I honestly can't remember better service in another hotel in my life. I was a bit needy this journey, and the staff at Le Patio Saint Antoine more than rose to the occasion. EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE. The kitchenette in the room was brilliant. The fact that there were a number of Ettore Sotsass Memphis Milano pieces in the lobby, and two beautiful secret courtyards behind a humble exterior were also lovely surprises. My stay at Le Patio Saint Antoine far exceeded my expectations and saved what was almost a disastrous trip to Paris.

• Classic Room

Staff was terrible. Front desk was always busy generally had to wait 15 minutes to get help. When asked for basic help to find a candy bar and soda, staff had no idea and sent me on a wild goose chase late at night in Paris. I would never recommend this property.

There was nothing good about this property. Staff was not able to understand English.

• Junior Suite Quadruple

Meant to be a 4 bed room but the extra wall bed was missing and broken off with bits still sticking out. Massive spiders lurked behind the window which did not shut. Complete nightmare to pay for room in advance

Nothing to dislike

This boutique hotel arranged around two outdoor patios is conveniently located between Place de la Nation and Bastille, in vicinity of public transport. Rooms come with a fully equiped kitchenette.

• Classic Room

the stairs from the lobby when you travel with more than a small suitcase .

Charming set up of 3 renovated buildings separated by tiny but tastefully arranged courtyards provide perfect calm (except for neighboring guests). While there are elevators, the staircase from the lobby is not easy to maneuver with several suitcases. Help is available only from 7 to 23 hrs. My single room was tiny but had the same amenities (fridge, hot plate and electric kettle) as the other rooms. The area is loaded with restaurants, bakeries, groceries stores, etc.short walk to metro

• Classic Room

You can hear the other guests conversations very clearly in the adjacent room. Many TV channels had a parental code and no one knew how to reset them. Apparently it is not supposed to have a code. I was told on the phone to book my room in person to use my airmiles point for two extra nights. The person did not show up at the said time the next morning. They only accept the Best Western Card. Because of that I could not use my points and J had chosen this hotel in part for that. A technician was suppose to come fix the code on the TV and none came. They said the next day but this is the day I leave. I wanted to reserve for an extra night one evening and the staff that takes care of reservation only works daytime. Basically great smiles but sorry we can't help.

Staff smiling and welcoming. Clean room. Kitchenette included. Great location / near to metro to access all sites easily. Market 1 min away

• Junior Suite Quadruple

excellent place to stay in Paris as usual. The family room is very large. We had assigned a smoke smelling room...we reported the uncomfortable situation and we've been moved in another perfect room in few minutes.

• Executive Room

Staff were excellent - very helpful and friendly - nothing was too much trouble - The guy on reception spent 45 minutes with me on the hotel computer trying to print off our flight tickets (there was an issue with the airline website) was all sorted in the end.

• Junior Suite Quadruple

Steps, no lift & carrying suitcases to second floor up narrow spiral staircase. One of our guests had vertigo when leaving to room

Bath & shower were good

• Classic Room

They should have a porter system to just help with the bags since the rooms are on various levels.

The bed was comfy. The lighting was apt. The room had a kitchenette.

• Classic Room

Not clean. Air conditioner doesn't work well. We need to manually turned on refrigerator from the backside everyday which I learned from their technician.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Executive Room

The tables were not cleared very quickly at breakfast, we had to sit at a table that has already been used and not cleared.

The room was very roomy although could do with being a little updating. To acces the room we had to climb two spiral staircases, it would have been nice to have Ben told before hand.

• Classic Room

The hotel was advertised at a 60% discount. The room and hotel was not at all at a level were the initial suggested price would be adequate. Even the discounted price was a little high considering the room standard and hotel location.

• Classic Room

Convenient location for us: we travelled by train from Gare de Lyon, and were visiting Opéra Bastille. The hotel room is small like usually in Paris but well kept and has everything you need.

• Junior Suite Quadruple

Excellent service from staff always ready to assist. Room big and bed confortable. Location was perfect for what we wanted to do during our four days in Paris.

• Classic Room

Booking .com advertisement made it sound like you will get free parking and free breakfast. Staff told me breakfast was 7 euro but I was charged 18 per person and they wouldn't correct the price. Also they never disclosed to me that I would be charged 25 euro for parking. I will never use booking.com again nor recommend it or this hotel to anyone.

• Classic Room

The neighbours were have a party st 3am and kept us awake until 5am! To be fair to the hotel staff, they did apologise and offered free breakfast.

The classic is a little small but with all mode con and the view if the garden nice and quite

• Classic Room

No tea or coffee making facilities. To upgrade us both to B&B which is what I thought I'd booked, they wanted a further €18pppn. There were 2 of us for 3 nights that would've worked out at another €108.00, on top of what we paid!!! Proper rip off

Tired in need of a re vamp, especially when charging what they're charging. Very odd shaped room, just not my cup of tea. Feel like I've been ripped off big time

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Classic Room

Parking only for cars up to 1.9m for wan with box on top two streets away we found parking for 34Euro night. To find parking also on street was not easy. (center of Paris :) ) To get to second building there are two lifts to use. So not easy if you travel with 4 bags. Sound insulation in rooms was not so good.

There where small kitchen in the room. Tee and Coffee free of charge in the room. One of my friends room has two stair bed so probably this hotel is kids friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Classic Room

Overpriced with such a small window room facing the patio. Almost feel like staying in a dark room with any window and daylight. Unfriendly staff and management. Stiffy and smelly room. Totally not recommended!

Close to station

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Classic Room

It was dark in the room. I had one staff member that was kind of rude when I first checked in. We didn't talk to her about any suggestions. Everyone else was nice after that. The mattress was uncomfortable. It was small and there needed to be an elevator on my side of the room. Breakfast should have been included or it should state that as soon as you see on Booking. Com and not in small print. There should be an iron in the room and please add an English Channel. There wasn't an English Channel at all and it felt like it was done on purpose. Other than that, everything went well.

I liked that they complimentarily upgraded us. The hotel was a bit far from town but the train was close. I also liked that it had. Kitchen and microwave.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Classic Room

Bed a little soft. Shower space quite small.

Double room bigger than I've thought. There is elevator. Room cleaning everyday. Kitchen with all you need. I like here very much.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

The room was very small

Excellent facilities in room. We had a stove,,microwave,sink etc. I found this great but no detergent for washing up, or tea towels. They did provide one when I requested it. Great location for an area of Paris we had not seen before.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Classic Room

Staff were very kind in letting us book in early after a 23 hrs flight from Sydney.Lady at front desk was a credit to the hotel as was the gentleman who let me check my satnav in his car[dead battery] We stayed here in the suburbs and took a taxi each day to Notre Dame to begin our days touring [15 euros] so as to avoid the subway pickpockets.So glad we did stay here.like others who have posted reviews we avoided the breakfast and there were plenty of local places to eat close by.10 out of 10 for this hotel .We booked very early [10 months ago] and got a really good deal so did not mind paying for the safety of the taxi.Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Classic Room

Staff were not overly helpful when asking questions about booking and printing tickets , the hotel email address did not work . Fridges in both of our rooms froze every thing solid , because of the response from staff I did not feel it was worth asking for a change of fridge . An iron would be nice

Easy access to Nation Metro , safe area , good choice of restaurants around , supermarket and bakery very local ,rooms very very quiet and clean but a lot smaller than they look on booking .com ....but we were not in the rooms very much so I suppose this us not important . Hotel were able to give us connecting rooms which we had asked for . Breakfast expensive , so go to the local Carefore express down the road . Rooms had plates bowls cutlery including bottle opener and cork screw and hot plates ...but question staff if fridges freeze every thing . An iron would be nice

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Classic Room

Air conditioning in the room did not keep room cool. Kept shutting off. Had to keep getting out of bed to turn it back on.

Location was perfect. Price was reasonable.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Classic Room

The rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The staff is very supportive and try their best to deliver the best of the services possible. Also, the location is near the Nation metro from where you can go anywhere in Paris. The bonus is the kitchen in the room.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Junior Suite Quadruple

Fire alarm at 6.30 due to fault Access to room inconvenient No mini bar as advertised

Public areas excellent Suite with separate room for children BBC channels

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Classic Room

Blocked toilet which we needed to remind them twice. Rooms in need of renovation and new decor. Claustrophobic bathroom. The rooms were not soundproof and you can hear traffic and your loud neighbours. Our request was for room 1 with double bed and room 2 with two single beds as we had a friend with us but on arrivals we noticed that both beds were double. We did not make a fuss out of this as our friend did not come in the end. However i specifically requested this on our booking and also with the hotel. There was also an awful smell in the lift. A cigarette was found in my sons wardrobe which the cleaner missed during cleaning.

I like the fact that there is a little kitchenette in the room. Close to tube line, shops and restaurant. Nice hotel, we liked the patio area.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

slightly Noisy, but nothing major

efficient check-in and check-out clean and spacious room free wifi very nice patios excellent location cozy room with mini kitchen - great!

• Executive Room

I like staff work and location of a hotel. There are been a lot of restaurants around. All was perfect

• Classic Room

room was warm and there was no help with air conditioning. but otherwise, it was great.

Not centrally located

• Classic Room

pretty good. The room even has a small kitchen!

• Classic Room

The hotel was amazing, the room was fantastic and so spacious. Location was wonderful.

• Classic Room

Very nice hotel, beautiful gardens and comfy rooms, everything was clean and the location is great too!

• Classic Room

Ants in bathroom and kitchen area. Too dark in room.

• Junior Suite Quadruple

Staff was not very helpful or welcoming. Could get better

Location, breakfast, rooms, technology

• Classic Room

Nice spacious room with good facilities and comfy bed. A moble Phone (handy) was a thoughtful and useful addition

Staff

NA

The rooms were big - and the kitchenette was well equipped ; the location was also near the tube and travel was easy .

• Classic Room

The kitchenette with the kettle for a cup of tea on arrival!

• Classic Room

the place was very comfortable, suitable for couples

• Classic Room

Underground parking is super narrow. Do yourself a huge favor and avoid it if you have an SUV.

• Classic Room

Lack of full level access to the room

In case built kitchen facilities at no extra cost

Everything was great

everything

• Classic Room

Can hear people talk next door

Qiet environment, beautiful garden.

• Classic Room

The breakfast was not included into the price

• Classic Room

Excellent front desk staff provided great assistance and did it with charm and patience.

Browse Le Patio Bastille traveller photo gallery