Reviews of Azur Cannes Le Romanesque 3 stars

10 Rue Du Bateguier, Cannes City-Centre, 06400 Cannes, France

#64 of 103 hotels in Cannes

• Deluxe Studio

Perhaps it should be made very clear that many of the rooms are not actually in a hotel and are more like crashing on someone else's sofa.

This is NOT a hotel, it is a series of rented out apartments with NO wifi (at least not while I was there). There was NO bed, just a pull out sofa-bed with mismatched sheets and pillows which is utterly outrageous considering the price tag (£1000+ for 4 nights mid week). I turned up, was shown the "room" and asked for a refund immediately. I left and went and booked an actual hotel with an actual bed. When a refund did not show in my account I contacted the desk and was refused a refund with a nasty email. Appalling. Avoid at all costs.

• Comfort Double Room or Twin

We had a terrible room. The bed was awful, old and saggy. The description said "walk-in shower" ... there was no shower, a broken hose over a bath that was dirty, broken plug. No windows in the room, toilet cupboard so small you had to reverse into. I tried to correspond with the hotel to give them a chance to explain, in case this was not the norm, but was accused of blackmailing them. I think they are trying to frighten me in to not posting a review. Read the other unhappy reviews on this property and you will see what the management is like.

The receptionist who welcomed us was lovely - that's the only nice thing I can say.

• Comfort Double Room or Twin

No elivator no lounge no lobby very very small room

Nothing I check out the second day and no return back my money it's was big mistake from you to recommend me this bad bad bad hotel

• Comfort Double Room or Twin

We arrived at the check in time we were told. Room wasn't ready. No English speaking person available to check us in. Had to wait an hour whilst room got cleaned. No lift to carry suitcases. Staircases very very hot and tight curves. In the room TV didn't work. Had to rescan manually for channels ourselves. Safe broke with our belongings inside. Had to get the key from reception who then asked for no proof of which room. Out of 2 wall lights and 3 lamps. 1 wall light didn't work and 1 socket didn't work for lamp so then very dark in room and only 2 working plug sockets. Mattress very hard. Air con very noisy. Toilet seat very high, legs dangled whilst on it haha.

Great location. Good wifi connection.

Reception ceases at 9pm. Our train was 2 hours late and we fortunately arrived at 8.55 pm. Steep stairs to room. No elevator but staff available and willing to assist. Not enough power outlets No bathroom and shower opens directly into bedroom. Hand basin and mirror is in the bedroom. Separate toilet in room under stairs but you have to bend over to get through low doorway and cannot stand upright inside. We saw inside another smaller room that did have a separate bathroom

Location. Helpful staff and owner

No vehicle traffic is allowed on the street of the hotel.

Perfect location to explore Cannes on foot. 1 minute walk away from the seaside and right in the middle of cafes and restaurants. Very friendly staff

Where shall I start: - for a 3 star hotel, the receptionist wasn't speaking English - I have requested parking facilities and I was sent to an incorrect address; I lost 1.5 hours driving around on all the streets around the supposed location; in the end, I give up and I parked my car in the first public parking, quite far away from the hotel. - coming back to the hotel, the door was locked (unattended reception in the afternoon); I have not received an entry code, nobody said I will need one so I was sitting like a fool in front of the hotel under the burning afternoon sun ringing and ringing the bell. I have dialled the number indicated on the door, but nobody answered; shortly, someone else called me, was shocked to learn that I received no code and gave me one over the phone to be able to get in. - next morning I wanted to get a shower but looks like the drainage was blocked so in less than a minute the shower area was flooded, together with the toilet room and water was heading towards the carpet in the room. While I have tried to help the hotel by blocking the water advance in the room with the existing towels, I was left frustrated, upset and dirty. As such, I have checked out immediately and I will NEVER return to that hotel. Be aware, I am warning everybody considering to book this hotel (which is more like 1.5 stars rather than 3 starts as advertised) to think again.

The only good thing was the mattress - firm and relaxing; had a good night sleep

if you are a little bit taller than the averege you can't use the wc standing

Nice place..with peculari furniture. in the very center of the city. close to the Croisette.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Rooms were extremely small, gloomy & cold. No staff at the desk except during morning time. It was merely a sleeping place.

Hotel has nothing to boast of except its location.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The location is really good. Only 5 mins walking to the beach and also city center! The room was clean and beautiful even with lovely balcony! The staff is good also!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Studio with Terrace

I paid extra for a room with a balcony which meant I wasn't even in the hotel I originally booked! It was 10 mins walk away and I have a problem walking at the moment!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room or Twin

Reception only opened in limited time. There was no hot water to shower in the night and I don't know who can contact. Also there is no slide door or shower curtain in the bathroom.

The location is very close to the beach

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

a tiny bit noisy at night if the window is open. but once closed i didnt hear the noise from bars nearby.

Friendly gentleman who runs the hotel & very hospitable. Room was very clean, nice deco and bed was very comfortable. Location 1min from the beach:) I will book this hotel again soon!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room or Twin

Room was not 20m2 as mentioned in the site.so maybe mentioning it more accurate in the room info would be good.

Clean and the location was in the centre.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

The staff wasn't around when we arrived and it took us to wait over 30 min until they arrived The mini room is very mini: toilets are in the closet and the shower is super small

price for the mini-rooms are good location is excellent value for money is good The room we had was very quiet, and yet in a very lively neighborhood

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Practically no real reception ..just 0.8 x1 meter ! .. No receptionist in the evening , Stairs & corridor very narrow , dark room but rather large .. Price is high but normal for France so not expensive compared to other french hotels even considred very cheap compared to Amsterdam dormitiries for 8 & 10 persons !.

good location in city center not far from Promenade des Anglais ... Well afterall Strange amusing style , Bathtube Roman style ! and Bathroom is like a second part of the room without separation door ,Actually something new .. i am not against ! Bed old style of last centuries .

Shower is in the room itself there are no doors so can be a bit strange when traveling with someone.

Friendly man at reception. Good location.

The bed was as hard as a rock!

Excellent value for money, central location, very near secure underground parking, pleasant room.

• Privilege Double Room

Never

All was perfect

Very cute room, best location, great staffs. All was perfect. I can recommend it for sure. Merci for hospitality

The bed was not comfortable.

Location was very good.

Great breakfast.

A fridge and tea making facilities in the room

Very near beach

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Nothing special

L'accueil , le style original la propreté , intra muros

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Different themes for the rooms

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Very small room Room was so dark Poor wifi in the room

Nice decoration

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Close to lacroisette, so friendly staff

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Economic Double Room - Special Long Stay

Great location, close to everything. Lovely attention. We definitely recommend it!

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Economic Double Room - Special Long Stay

Most bizzare hotel that operates without reception staff and no one to check in or check out

Location was great

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

no elevator

different

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Horrible costumer service. We arrived within the opening hours of the hotel (5-7 pm) however no one was at the reception. We had to wait for 15 min till the lady came to open us the door, no hello, no apology. After departing the hotel the hotel owner called us, accusing us in the most rude manner that we broke the table in the room and have to pay 200€ extra. I assured him that we left the room behind the way we received it,however he was convinced we broke it screaming at me and accusing me. He said he would send me an email with a picture of the broken table and we have to pay it. I explained him that we didn't and asked if he is calling the right person, explaining we were in the room charlotte. I heard him talking to the receptionist in the background and than he hung up on me. I think he realized he called the wrong guest. No apology was given for the most rude accusation. Don't choose this hotel. France is famous for unfriendliness, however I never experienced such behaviour!!

Location of the hotel

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Very thin walls, next room like to play arabic music very loud. Lot of steps, no elevator because it is small a hotel. Narrow corridor. Lot of restaurant around. Some issues with running water. Selfservice. No staff around.

Balcony was nice. Near Croissette , shopping streets and railwaystation.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2015

The size of the room was rather small, but according to the price, it was worth.

Very good location and very nice owner who helped us a lot for present stay at the hotel!! Parking was special offer and convienient. I can go-in & go-out any time with the parking key which was provided by the hotel. Surprisingly low price at this location, we were very satisfied.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2015

not at all

I just love my room with a bright-light bath tub on the terrass. The owner Michel is very friendly as well as the lady who checked me in. I enjoyed walking around day and night nearby the hotel and did not even move my car ( I was supposed o drive to Menton and Nice, but I chosed to stay and relax and enjoy the beautiful Cannes for three days)

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

Nice location

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

The walls are as thin as paper. The room was quite dark as well (no overhead light - only lamps). The WiFi was weak for work purposes.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

Location is great and the bed was really comfortable! The girl in reception was friendly and kindly upgraded us to a bigger room.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

Beautiful room. Good location

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

Fridge in the room didn't work

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Noisy neighbours , very little sound isolation from the outside

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

Great location and lively location near beach and bars and restaurants. Lovely, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2015

bed was too hard

style

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

The toilet was in a closet And their is no elevator!

Charming rooms but small

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

to small room, shower in the room next to the bed

Localisation in citycenter close to seashore, paid parking place.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

very kind staff and owners

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

Everything was good :)

2 min from the beach :)

There are also 21 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.