Reviews of Residhotel Grenette 3 stars

12 Rue De Palanka, 38000 Grenoble, France

#18 of 50 hotels in Grenoble

nothing to mention, really

Very spacious room, easily fit our family with 3 kids. Check in process was good, even though we arrived late, but the key was hidden in a locker.

• Studio Double

24 hours reception would be great , staff leave hotel for a 2 hour break and you need to phone for your access code to get in .

Brilliant location close to bars shops restaurants , FRIENDLY STAFF rooms clean and comfy ,

• Studio Double

Tired residhotel, room was basic, lacking any character & in desperate need of renovation. Plug socket not working, some staining on wall, we would have requested a room change but it was fully booked. And to top it all, the car parking is not under the building, that is for permanent residents only. We had to park 100 metres away in a public car park & needed to double park the car to load/unload.

Excellent location.

• Studio Double

Room was on the small side. And the room window looked out onto a blank wall that was rather close by. The kitchen sink was also rather too small.

The hotel was centrally located and the kitchenette was certainly a plus point for me.

• Studio Double

Good breakfast but can be improved

Clean, comfortable room. Location was very good. Breakfast was fine. Just 5 minutes walk to cable car. Good value for money. Personnel was very helpful. We just stayed for one night.

• Studio Double

breakfast - without vegetables, mostly sweet.

It was great - spacious room with small kitchen right in the center (5 minutes walk to cable car). Good value for money. Personnel very helpful.

• Studio Double

Wifi is a bit annoying, you have to sign in every time again.

Nice rooms, though there was no cleaning in our case (5 nights) so had to buy own toilet paper to refill.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The apartment is smaller than imagined, the breakfast is basic and no one cleans unless you pay for it. You also have to take your own rubbish down which makes this place more like a hostel than a hotel. An expensive one at that. I was charged an extra amount for tax which is not explained by booking.com and they even told me to contact them directly as booking.com will not pass on messages as we did experience a miscommunication as soon as we arrived they charged us for four people and only expected 2, when I confirmed it's for in fact 3, they told me in this instance they won't charge me more. I found this odd and extortionate as then that would be they expected 2 people they over charged me.

The location is great.

• Studio Double

Excellent location and really good value for money. Friendly and welcoming staff. Great to have coffee machine and fridge in the room, plus wine glasses and a corkscrew.

• Studio Double

The breakfast could be improved.

I really enjoyed staying two weeks at Residhotel Victor Hugo Grenoble. The location was perfect, exactly in the centre. The Hotel staff was cooperative. ANd above all the room is equipped with small kitchen with all the accessories one required for short stay. Will reserve again if given a chance. Awesome.

• Studio Double

A bit far from Grenoble Gare (bus station), hence not the best for ski travellers - a bit too long for a walk with ski equipment day in and day out

Good breakfast, good value for money

• Studio Double

The bedroom and kitchen needed a good hoover. There was fluff and hair in both and a toilet roll under the sink, very dusty. Otherwise they were clean.

• Studio Double

The lady on reception who greeted the 9 of us when we arrived was extremely cross and rude and in my opinion should not be working in a customer service role... She was very unprofessional and made us feel so unwelcome!!!! we will not stay at the hotel again because of the bad experience she alone portrayed.

The room was a good size

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

One of the little curtains was attached to the wall with a sticky pad, but it wasn't sticky enough. It fell off when I tried to close it. The desk staff was very friendly when I dropped it off as I went out for the day. Not as charming as some more ornate or rustic French hotels, but still comfortable.

The location was excellent. Easy walking access to all of the downtown amenities. The little kitchenette made it easy to cook some simple meals.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Towel rail did not work until I complained , so no dry towels but did manage to get towels changed. Rebooked fora further day for location. They did not even change the bedding even thou I paid for another booking when I complained the receptionist actually got angry with me, so I said either fix the rail and clean towels or cancel the room, never been treated in all my years of travelling and would not recommend this hotel unless they are more customer care oriented.

• Studio Double

Check-in time was indicated as 2pm, but upon arrival the hotel was locked and a sign indicated check-in was only after 4pm on weekends. Bed was a bit narrow and short for two tall people.

Great central location for tourism. Quiet.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The water from the tap was a bit smelly. All furniture was a bit old, a future renovation might be a good idea.

Very well located in the center of Grenoble. The reception stuff was very helpful and friendly. Good value of money given the size of the room. The room was big enough and comfortable. The bathroom quite clean.

• Studio Double

Working hours of reception: it was impossible to leave luggage, because pn the needed time it was closed. For two weeks we had the cleaning just once.

Nice appartment located in the historical center with all the commodities to cook, clean etc. balance of price and quality)

• Studio Double

Central place that could be noisy at some time during the night. No issue at this level during my stay.

Everything was nice. Nice place, very central. Clean room with a small kitchen (I did not use).

• Studio Double

The following issue is for those with fragile health and really is a public health issue that Residhotel should consider more seriously. GRENETTE IS NOT FOR THOSE WITH ALLERGIES OR OTHER HEALTH CONCERNS INVOLVING AIR AND BREATHING ISSUES AND SENSTIVITY TO CHEMICALS. Upon arrival to my room (and this did not occur at Caserne) there was a strong odor in the bathroom, perfumed, chemical something. I requested a room change, which there was no argument about and a friendly staff person gave me the choice of 3 other rooms explaining that they had been cleaned the day before (as we assumed it was a cleaning product that irriated my lungs, sinus, gave a headache, etc.). However, when I had been in the 4th room for a while, the smell returned in volume. This was strange but eventually two factors became clear the perfumed toxant smell was coming in through the vent when the door card key turned on the electricity. Trying to cover bathroom smells in this fashion comes at a great cost to a certain percentag of guests (and likely even if directly does not make persons sick is a quesitonable contact for people in general given it makes some people directly sick) ... chances are that guests might have asthma ... 7% of French people do and over 300 million people do in the world. And, regardless of asthma or allergies and or other sensitivities everyone benefits from breathing clean air. So, I strongly encourage Residhotel management to review this cleaning status at Grenette.

I have stayed with Residhotel before and like the ease of both a sleeping + bath arrangement plus kitchenette. Practical set up. I liked the Grenette better than the Caserne de Bonne, the furniture was more solid and it was not a dark decore. Light and breasy.

• Studio Twin

We arranged with booking.com for a late arrival , for the reception to be open til 2300 hrs we arrived there at 22:55 to find the hotel closed. Another guest let us in but there was no one there to give us our key. When I phoned the hotel the man only spoke French so my nieces husband phoned as he speak French . The man hung up on him twice, but eventually told him that the key was in a safe on the first floor. So eventually got into our room an hour later.

Love the area and location . Love the little kitchen, it has a kettle and coffee maker all we needed. I alway stop here and after visiting other hotels I would recommend this hotel

• Studio Twin

Kitchenette basic & no kettle so had to boil water for drinks in a saucepan...... Only 4 coat hangers in the wardrobe between 2 people Toilet cubicle didn't have a sink in it for handwashing

Very helpful reception staff, great location for tourists but in a quiet street. Good size room.

• Studio Double

No real parking but we were lucky. Street parking is free 7pm to 9am.

Right in the City. Walk to everything easily. Small but adequate room. The staff were very helpful.

• Studio Twin

Be aware, some rooms are renovated and look ok, others not and have nothing to do with the pictures on booking.com; the beds are small.

Very good location and breakfast

• Studio Double

There was like one hanger in the place that served as a wardrobe, there was no hair-dryer, you had to borrow it at the reception. The place was quite small and the linoleum looked ugly :) There was a sign at the door that if anything is lost from your room, they are not responsible, though there was no safe-box where to keep valuables.

You can borrow hangers, hair-dryer and an iron at the reception. I guess it's quite good hotel for the money considering the location, but still...

• Studio Double

The weather was a bit hot, so it would be better if there is a portable AC or so.

The location is nice, close to public transportation and close to public car parking (if you have a car). Also, close to shops and not very far from train station. The hotel is in quiet area. They provided cooking stove, cooking stuf, cutlery and refrigerator. I thank the reception staff when they provided me a good room with balcony (as I requested at booking time).

• Studio Double

Very cosy, charming and spacious apartment right in the heart of town. The owner received us in a very pleasant way, and we could store our motorcycle without any problem. We love Piacenza for the slow pace, charming old town and tasty regional food.

• Studio Double

It's the second time that I book this group of residences. This time was much better than last time. Great location in a calm environment and specially having air conditioner in these class of residences which is a must in a city like Grenoble during summer.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

only on public parking available

Hotel is located next to the old town, large appartement, good air-conditioning, delicate breakfast and friendly staff

• Studio Double

Room had been cleaned in emergency, so still a bit dusty although nothing dramatic. Only issues to me were the air fan in the kitchen that couldn't be stopped and was noisy at night, and the pillows that were too small. Nothing to do with the hotel, but parking in Grenoble is difficult and expensive. My advice is to park outside of the city and rent bicycles at the train station for the duration of your stay.

Big room, much larger than what French hotel usually propose, includuing a fridge and a kitchen corner, all at a very nice price. Location is especially good.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Kitchen is tiny, and bad equipped, like in 4-pers. room only 4 spoons and forks, not enough kitchenware, even no breadboard. The apartments are very tired and need urgent renovation. No parking, but it was available in the neighbourhood after 20-00. There was some noise from outside, but that can happen, when you stay in the centre. Finally, price-quality ratio is bad.

Located directly in the centre of Grenoble, 200 meters from Place Victor Hugo. The view from our window was quite nice. Room is not so small. Quite clean. Personal is quite friendly and speaks English. Good Internet connection.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Studio Double

The toilet was separate from the rest of the bathroom. It was closed when we got there at 3 in the afternoon and we had to wait an hour for it to open. The lock on the door was faulty too.

The staff were very friendly and helpful when we had problems with our key.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (1 - 2 Adults)

The accomodation was clean, but there was a weird smell present in my room (old smoking smell or similar). Some rooms have been refurbished, some not, maybe that explains the smell. However, my "room" was extremly spacious, it also included another room (with a small kitchen, sofa, 2 desks...), so lots of space I would say.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Studio Double

We had a very big difficulty to park our car somewhere near the hotel at Saturday night. If you arrive during the hours that the hotel is closed try to contact them for details. We were waiting 1,5 hour and we managed to enter our room with the help of some other clients.

Big, nice room in the center of Grenoble. In general, very satisfied.

• Studio Double

I had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. The little kitchenette made it easy for me to warm up food I bought at the superette, which helps when travelling on an average budget. This was a great stay, and upgraded for Business to Okko Hotels - Redgit however was perfect for my needs, and spacious.

• Studio Double

Wifi was extremely slow. I couldn't watch youtube videos most of the time.

Bed was comfortable, location was perfect and the staff were very nice. I very much enjoyed my stay here.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (1 - 2 Adults)

Poor breakfast with non-helpful staff.

Excellent location, helpful and friendly staff on the reception. Clean and spacious rooms. Public parking Philippeville is very close to the hotel but take care that it is a little bit pricey. For a longer stay I suggest monthly subscription.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Studio Double

On arrival we were greeted with a locked door. After phoning i was instructed where to collect my room key. Very unprofessional. Bed was very uncomfortable.hotel facilities were non existent and staff were not very friendly. Only good thing was the property location. Very central.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Studio Double

Nothing common with the photos here. The room was dirty with someone's hair one the bed linen. The kitchen did not have all the stuff one may need. Wi-Fi is very slow.

The girls at the reception are very nice but did not change the room after my complaints.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Studio Double

All the stuff in the room was old and worn out. There was a smell in the room. There was no faucet and basin in WC. Pillows were very thin, I had to use two of them at a time.

Very good location. On the they of check-out they kept our luggages for us, therefore we had the chance to walk around the city.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Studio Double

The bathroom was strangely divided into separate areas of the room. Beds were not comfortable

The location was very convenient to downtown sites, shops, and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Studio Double

The room was not made up during my stay, several light bulbs where broken and not replaced, despite I asked for it, the bathroom is not very comfortable.

The position is good

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Studio Double

No big negative remark.. I think through booking.com they can include "daily cleaning of room" as a package or as some offer like how they sell/provide breakfast offers in booking.com. I think there is no harm if they can provide some one in front desk from 10:30PM as many times i arrived Grenoble after 10..and I am sure most of other travelers too..

Great Location if you are using public transportation. This is relatively a new hotel and it was good for me as i was used to the 300-400 year old building hotels in Grenoble.. This is a hotel category is between a Apartment hotel and a 2-3 star hotel. But not really a apartment hotel like they claim.. Staff is very friendly and helpful If your check in is after 10PM , please call the hotel and get the passcode for the main door and locker for the key.. No one at reception after 10:30.. These guys provide a mini kitchen with Microwave etc.. So if you want to try something by yourself you have an opportunity.. Rooms are big and facilities are normal Breakfast is as good as any other hotel in Grenoble. Nothing great and nothing less too.. Wifi speed is good but it disconnected as many times as it wants.. My special instructions through booking.com notes were followed and they respect the travelers needs as much as possible Very good value for money

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Studio Twin

Small studio in the heart of old town of Grenoble. Kitchen is fully equipped. There is large parking not far. The riverside is 2 min. by foot. The funicular to the mountain fort is 5 min. by foot (good views from there). This apartment is quit suitable for short visits.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Studio Double

The pictures do not correctly represent how the hotel room feels and look. Cleaning only once per week. Very slow and difficult to use internet access

Excellent location Nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Studio Double

Nobody threw out the trash from our room. On the third day there was a smell.

Very useful mini-kitchen in the room, microwave oven, kettle, dishes, etc. Dryer in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Studio Double

Room cleaness - a lot of dust in the corners, in the closet Bad smell in the bathroom Dirty dishes I am sure all can be improved!

Breakfast with many options Very good location - close to city center Comfortable bed and clean sheets

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Studio Double

The wi-fi signal was a little weak on the fourth floor, but adequate. The room was not cleaned while I was there (two nights).

There was everything in the room you could possibly require.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Studio Double

The Internet connection. The slowest internet connection I have ever seen. I even paid extra money for the "fast connection" and still it was so slow. It is also very unreliable and you have to keep entering a code every few minutes. It was really such a pain in the neck. Also, I was staying almost a month and room was cleaned only twice during that period!

The location is great. Right in the heart of city center yet very quiet.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Studio Double

The walls of the room could have needed a paint job.

Considering the price, the hotel and its facilities exceeded my expectations. Despite central location the room was very calm.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Studio Double

It was difficult to find a parking place in the surroundings.

The breakfast was very good. The room had bath, the bed was comfortable and the kitchen complete. The air-conditioner works very well.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Studio Double

Shower stall door due for renewal, but still good enough. Could do a better job of cleaning the accumulated dust from some of the harder to reach and out of sight spots, but otherwise very clean.

Helpful staff, roomy, and has good noise insulation.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

It's not bad just mediocre, and it's not cheap

זו דירה אפשר לבשל

Reception hall

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Reception closed in the middle of the day ; third bed was awkward

Elevator

• Studio Double

Secure parking is a short walk, and a few euro's

Great big apartment.

• Studio Double

Spacious and clean room, would stay again!

• Studio Twin

I was very happy with my booking and the Hotel.

Konum

Wifi

Fine breakfast - spacious room

• Studio Twin

Great location, nice to have a little kitchen for breakfast. Nice airy room.

• Studio Double

Cleaning one per week its not enough, the room are not well look

Localization

• Studio Double

Kitchen. Rather joke than kitchen...

• Studio Double

The reception told me I can check in around 3 pm, but till 4 pm I still waiting...It's crazy...

• Studio Double

Cooking facilities were a bit sparten

Closeness to amenities

• Studio Double

the noises from an elevator

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Cheap pillows and basic mattress

Great location, warm room, bath

• Studio Double

Very good breakfast, Staff is very welcoming. Modern room with great bathroom.

• Studio Double

The breakfast could be better.

Great location, nice staff. Really nice value for money.

Good & economical

• Studio Double

No mineral water in the vending machine, for three days.

Very quiet, even though 1 minutes from the city center , Victor Hugo .

• Studio Double

If you cannot withstand city noise, don't get there.

Easy to get, friendly welcome.

Well located.

• Studio Double

We regret we didn't stay a bit longer...

The location was very good, close to city centre. The room was great and the reception very helpful.