Reviews of Le Mas De Pierre 5 stars

route des Serres, 06570 Saint-Paul-de-Vence, France

#3 of 10 hotels in Saint-Paul-de-Vence

A beautiful property with beautiful gardens, swimming pool and spa. The location was just outside a picturesque and quaint medieval hilltop village of St Paul de Vence. The staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and at home, with just the perfect balance of discretion and helpfulness. Food was superb, great recommendations of places to visit. It is reasonably accessible to the towns Cannes and St Tropez, as well as many lovely Provençal villages. The room (junior suite) was extremely comfortable with lovely views.

The room service menu was very limited.

The staff was was very friendly and accommodating for a family with small children. The junior suite was the perfect size for 2 adults and 2 kids and very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. The heated pool was very nice and my kids loved all the space to play soccer. The transfer service to Saint Paul de Vence for shopping/eating/drinking was perfect!

None.

The Hotel landscape is so beautiful and pleasing to the eyes. Very well appointed rooms. Very courteous Staff in all functions of the Hotel. Food and Beverages are excellent. Very tranquil and peaceful.

If you go to Le Mas de Pierre, get ready to be treated as an object that provides money for the hotel, not as a guest. As I experienced myself, that is the general feeling I've had after staying for 5 nights in the hotel. Last day I was kicked out of my room early, the reception demanding an extra 160 euros if I don't check-out immediately, even though the reception staff told me the day before that I can stay till 2pm since I am a genius client. ( Is like they don't talk to each other, or they want to make fun while milking money from customers) After I ended up in the reception with all my luggage and with a 2 day drive ahead and 4 hours of sleep, I was greeted by Ana, which the other staff told me it's the manager of the reception. In over 20 years of traveling I've never seen such an attitude. It was like she is the lord, and I am a servant. She asked me how was my stay there, and I told her about the current problem, her reply "Oh, well, that's too bad.", and carried on like, because of course she didn't care about the clients. To sum it all up, if you wanted to be treated like an object go to Le Mas de Pierre, if you want a hotel, go somewhere else.

The Gardens are nice.

The cleaning lady was a little too enthusiastic and persistent in trying to clean our room

The gardens and the beauty of the hotel itself. Very comfortable beds.

We requested pet free room and smoke free room. At checkin, the Receptionist thought we had a dog and made the charge on the account. She immediately deleted it when we said we did t have a dog. I asked that we definitely have a pet free, smoke free room. She said definitely no animals have been in our room, but when we got there, a dog basket and water dish was there for the dog! Also, ashtray out on the balcony. The other issue we had was that one of the cushions on the bed had a horrible blood stain, which would have been obvious if the room had been cleaned well. These issues were unfortunate, but did not diminish our enjoyment of this lovely hotel.

Lovely room with balcony. Great lighting, easy to get to driving from Nice Airport. Good under cover parking. Lovely gardens. A lovely departure/checkout, because we asked lots of questions about driving routes to Saint Tropez and tolls. The Manager gave us good advice and also changed our notes to coins for the tolls from his own money. He also gave us a goodie bag with water and snacks for the road trip which was very much appreciated.

Breakfast very expensive!

Beautiful hotel, perfect place to relax and be pampered. Excellent rooms , good for disabled travellers as bathroom has walk in shower. Food excellent though expensive. Great swimming pool and spa facilities.

I noticed that some of the bed linens were a bit tattered (holes in the pillowcase). I only ate the buffet breakfast once and did not find it to be anything special, except that the latte was amazing. Skip the breakfast (except for an espresso of some kind) and head to a local bakery for a fresh croissant.

The staff at this hotel are incomparable. No question was annoying and no request too difficult to fill. I felt like a queen while I was staying there. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, especially if you want to be somewhere that is quiet and elegant. It is walking distance to the old village of St. Paul de Vence, near to shopping, if you're interested, many wonderful restaurants nearby and of course the beach is a short drive away.

breakfast is not fully up to the level of the hotel, replenishment of food did not work one day, it was not explained what is offered fresh from the cook or can be ordered, two small nespresso machines where clearly to less for the amount of guests

Wonderfull hotel, very friendly service, excellent restaurant, beautiful garden and superb warm pool

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast is a little hit and mis with staff shortage and attention just went a little then, may be its closing down time but shame as this would be our only disappointment.

It was what we would expect from such an establishment, excellent service and all attended with care. The staff couldn't do enough for you and all were happy and smiling. Well kept grounds and rooms. We shall certainly stay again.

Unfortunately they forgot our room service breakfast on the only morning that we were there and then forgot it again after I called them! Don't let that spoil an otherwise lovely hotel though.

1) the price of water and diet coke at the bar - 8 euros each 2) the staff - totally disinterested and not able to cater to anything that is "non standard" such as needing to find a pharmacy after 6pm... told me I had to drive to Nice (20 minutes away) and that it wasn't their problem that I desperately needed neurofen / paracetamol (which they claim they are unable to give to guests, despite me offering to sign a letter waiving them of any legal liability)....

location, facilities, food

Breakfast and evening meal very expensive .Four glasses of house wine and one pizza 85 euro on arrival.

.Beautiful gardens. Amazing swimming pool. Fab relaxing areas

see above

This is designated a 5 star property and although the property itself is lovely, the level of service was 2 star quality. They insisted on valet parking but took forever to retrieve our car. They had no towels at poolside 2 of the 3 days. Our room was located next to the housekeeping closet which was very noisy, very early. The scent garden tables were never cleared of dishes or glasses and we were never approached for service. At the patio bar, same thing occurred, we had to go into the bar to request a drink. Either they were short-staffed or they were poorly trained.

• Deluxe Double Room

No air conditioning and our room was 28.5 C and we could not get a fan until the second night: at 12 mm: a filthy industrial fan. No window to open and we could not leave slider opened because we were on first floor. Staff could have cared less. Refused to move us to a cooler room or a room with a window. Miserable three nights....could not wait to check out. Service in bar and am breakfast was non existent: ignored by staff.

Pretty setting Comfortable bed Beautiful, warm pool and spa

Found some small areas that could be a bit cleaner like spider webs in the ceiling

Excellent staff, superb, beyond beautiful surroundings, superb breakfast and dinner. The best hotel we have ever stayed in.

The hotel was extremely relaxing and luxurious, and the location in the hills was amazing with stunning views. The restaurant served delicious food, and served very good wines. It was a nice place to stay, away from the bustle of the south coast.

Breakfast was prohibitively expensive. €29 Even if it was a little cheaper we and a lot of other guests would have taken it.

Really lovely staff. Nothing was too much trouble and it really was service with a smile. Dinner in the restaurant was a real gourmet delight.

Everything was perfect, but if I must nitpick, this was mentioned by some other reviewers, the room we got was a little small, but perfect for a 2 night stay. For a longer stay, would recommend some of the larger rooms. Breakfast should also be included in room rate.

Breakfast was simple but excellent quality and fresh. Croissants were delicious and flaky and fruits were sweet and fresh. Bed and pillows were comfortable, staff were friendly. The hotel grounds are truly beautiful... would love to come here for a longer stay! Excellent for couples.

This is an amazing place, everything is just perfect. The location is outstanding, the staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast buffet amazing and the rooms very nice. I can truly recommend a stay at this hotel. They offer a free shuttle to the village in their Rolls Royce, which was quite fun.

• Prestige Junior Suite

Considering the room rate, Breakfast wasn't included which is in my opinion, for someone who travels the world in 5* deluxe hotels, is a poor show almost greedy & dissponting.

Almost everything.

The scrambled eggs at breakfast were cold. The rest was very good and the surroundings absolutely beautiful. The hotel was difficult to find because a bit hidden and at night not easy to see. Wanted to use the spa facilities but it was full but next time will reserve a day ahead of treatment

The beauty of the grounds and surroundings, the kindness of the staff and quiet and comfort of the room.

The coffee at breakfast was cold on the Saturday, that really is the only negative.

The property is set in lovely grounds that are incredibly well kept. The staff are all very friendly and you feel very well looked after. The breakfast is very good too. We got engaged when staying here and it was the perfect location to celebrate.

Mini bar was nor re stoked every day. i saw another guest also complaining about this.

Room very comfortable and new . Good place to explore the Vence area. Nice Breakfast.

n/a

We were extremely pleased when we entered our room with super comfy bed, very fresh interior and magical view from our own balcony. We celebrated our anniversary therefore our stay was extra special for us. The staff was most courteous, professional, and helpful with excellent service. The dinner was amazing! Many thanks to the whole team for making our stay a great experience for us.

The service was terrible - both in the reception and especially in the restaurant. We constantly had to get up from our table to get hold of the waiters.

The ambience and the gardens

• Prestige Junior Suite

Hard to fault anything - I would just suggest to change the type of hairdryer in the room. This one is not ideal for ladies hair as it keeps cutting out from overheating. I generally don't bring my own if I'm staying in an upmarket property.

This was our second visit and we'll be back!! This time we stayed in La Bastide des fleurs which we strongly recommend - well worth the extra cost if you enjoy peace and tranquility. Special mention for Jean Baptiste, the majordome - perfect balance between service, attentiveness and respect for privacy - merci infiniement! We also have to mention the air conditioning system which is one of the best we have come across!

• Deluxe Double Room

Loved it all - just would have preferred a few less wasps at meal times!

Beautiful property & newly refurbished accommodation. All the staff are helpful & friendly. The pool and surrounding area gorgeous, sunbeds very comfortable- a totally relaxing area. St Paul de Vence only a short drive away & complimentary transport available at the hotel to the village.

The breakfast was very poor. I chose a selection of cooked food but had to send it back because it was stone cold. Other tables doing the same. The hot chocolate and first cup of coffee were also only warm? My second coffee was hot after I discussed with the waiter. The waiting staff were pleasant but inexperienced - our waiter said When I told him - I am sorry but it is not my fault - everybody is saying it's cold this morning. We didn't pay for br akfast!

Very nice refurbished room set in lovely garden

• Deluxe Double Room

There is nothing that could have been better. I loved this hotel!

Excellent customer service and attention to detail. I loved everything about this hotel and how thoughtfully and wisely choices were made on how the hotel looks and operates. The grounds are lovely, the staff very helpful and friendly, the food quality and offerings very good, the pool perfection, and the room decor and comfort level (the bed and linens particularly) are all above standard. The hotel is also very conveniently located; it is close to the main highway, close to St. Paul de Vence, close to destinations like Nice, Eze Village, Antibes, and even to St. Tropez, which I drove to from the hotel. It is also not that far to drive to the Gorge du Verdon, which I have been to previously, so if you have a car I definitely recommend going there from Le Mas De Pierre, too. (And be sure to go to Moustiers St. Marie!) Excellent shopping is five minutes away in a very swanky outdoor shopping "mall," and a delightful little bakery is right across from the main turn off to the hotel. Finally, I highly recommend my room in the Mas Florian building - I think it was 510? The first room up the stairs when you enter Mas Florian. My large terrace had a fabulous view over the gardens and mountains in the distance and was a perfect place to have room service deliver dinner, so I could enjoy the sunset and tranquility of the location and view. Also, the room has a great bathroom/tub and the room decor is elegant and understated. There is every comfort, including a Nespresso-type machine, provided in the rooms.

In general, I did not find specific issues at the hotel, the only thing I would improve is the gym, that is really small and without air conditioning.

I have spent a long weekend at the hotel, from Thursday to Sunday, with my wife. At our arrival we have been welcomed by the staff and we received an upgrade to a room with access to a private pool. Room was very clean, silent and well equipped also with complimentary water, biscuits, cafe and fruits. I had a big issue when a tire of my car exploded during a travel - the hotel concierge Sarah and their team helped me to find a solution (I do not speak French) for a tow truck and called around to find a new tire for my car. Stunning service. Position of the hotel is very good, 15 min from Antibes. Restaurant is very good, quite high level and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Wonderful gardens surround the rooms.

Magnificent! Wife and me loved everything during our three days stay in May 29. Staff was delightful and always helpful. We had a nice, clean room and had a balcony over looking the gardens, very convenient private parking, great pool area, magnificent gardens. Wonderful evening parties, excellent place for lunch overlooking elegant lawns and moonlight. Perfect service, atmosphere and delicious food. The restaurant's vegetables are exceptional. Thanks to the whole team! Un grand merci à toute l'équipe!

Practically nothing! Being pedantic... I guess my welcome on arrival could have been a bit better (they weren't that busy at reception) and I had to stand and wait a while. The overall atmosphere of the place just misses a bit for me, Maybe because it's so upmarket, difficult to pin point - perhaps it's down to pre-eminence. We didn't eat at the hotel but I imagine the food is fabulous. However, there didn't seem to be much of a buzz in the restaurant of an evening despite being busy. Dining outside is beautifully set out on the terrace overlooking the garden and pool area. Dress for guests didn't appear to have to be that formal either. - maybe everyone just felt too reverential!

This is a beautiful hotel set in quiet idyllic location very close to St Paul de Vence. Our superior room was luxurious and extremely comfortable and elegantly decorated. It even had its own little patio with sunbed and chairs. The valet parking was a great bonus and Julien (concierge) was friendly and very helpful. A shuttle service runs at specific hours up to the village in the evening but Julien was happy to take us up and back to the village one evening at times which suited us. This is a place for decadent luxury and relaxing.

The bar offering and service was poor, Bartender had NO knowledge what so ever about cocktails, no Cocktails section in the bar menu, no nibbles served with the aperitifs ( 5 star property ) it is pretty poor Also the service and offering at the pool is poor, Cold towel or similar should be passed ,especially with such a hot weather, also fresh fruit could be offered as a refresment. they seems to be under-staff, but it should not be the customer concern when you pay these kind of prices. Training needed in the F&B department . It is a shame that the food standard is not match the service.

The Location and facilities where excellent

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

A slightly more varied menu and a description of the wine list in English. It's huge by the way and unless you have a Sommelier's certificate, mind boggling and on the pricey side.

Everything about this place is perfect. Beautiful gardens with panoramic views. A tranquil atmosphere where you can relax and be looked after. A fabulous pool area and reception rooms. Worthy of the Relais and Chateaux name.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Just small niggles - the bathroom was on the small side and the mattress too firm for our liking.

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special. The staff are extremely friendly,professional and nothing was too much trouble. I would describe the hotel as understated and an oasis of calm-if pure relaxation is what you want then this is the place. The food excedded our expectations and our meal on the first evening was probably the best of our trip even though we also visited some very high end restaurants in the area. Our superior (standard) room was adequate although we would probably chose to upgrade on our next visit- there will definitely be another visit. Easy to get to from Nice airport and a great central location and base for a Cote d'Azur trip.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

A truly outstanding experience, from the beautifully landscaped gardens to the gorgeous pool area. Staff is super friendly and helpful, the standard rooms are a bit small but very well designed and maintained. Excellent bathrooms, separate toilets add to the room amenities. 10 minute car ride into St. Paul-de-Vence, but there is a courtesy hotel shuttle bus available as well. Le Mas de Pierre is a resort hotel in the best sense, complete with Spa, heated pool and jacuzzi. Can't imagine to have anything but a relaxing stay there

The front desk staff could be more attentive in 5 star hotel. They all were polite, but not really friendly. The location is calm, but there are only family houses far around - no shops, no bars and restaurants. You really need car.

The hotel grounds are very large and very well maintained, mediterranean vegatation makes the place very cosy. You can find quiet corner for reading or sun-bathing. The swimming-pool is large and really warm - you can swim even in could weather because of warm water. The room was cosy, moderm, wtih small private garden. Good wifi. Superb breakfast - but expensive.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Prestige Junior Suite

I prefer a softer bed & there was no milk in the room for my tea. Small things.

This hotel is excellent. The staff don't wait to be asked, but anticipate your needs. The gardens are just lovely & the food very good. Very hard to fault this hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Turndown service insisted on closing and locking shutters AFTER DARK. My friend was locked in electronically in the dark until we found the control button. Mediocre food in the Bar. (Great Bar ambiance and Service) Not a Bistro.

Lovely location and gardens encourage immediate shift to relaxation. Attentive friendly staff were outstanding without being intrusive. Very good valet parking service (with option to self park). Very comfortable beds and wonderful view from balcony. Great Bathtub with ceiling shower.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Food could have been hotter in the restaurant. Booked initially in a room on the ground floor and a young family were booked in above who were making a lot of noise. We asked to be moved and our wish was granted. However, we do feel that in future the hotel should book young families on the ground floor so the children running around don't disturb other guests so much. It was half term though so maybe we will book a different week next time.

Everything about this hotel is luxurious. The customer service is outstanding. We love the location near St Paul de Vence and it is a truly relaxing experience. We always leave feeling rested and spoiled which we feel is the point of a holiday. If only more hotels were like this.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Initially put in a room in serious need of a makeover. Tired and stained. Complained but had to wait untill second night to move. Was then given a refurbished room. So much better! Staff/service was a bit hit and miss.

Charming grounds with very nice public areas. Shuttle service to nearest town was really convenient. Refurbished rooms are great.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

There were no tea making facilities in the room. There was room service though so perhaps it was considered unnecessary! The road on which the hotel was set was quite narrow and resorted to passing places here and there.

It was a lovely hotel with beautiful grounds. There was a heated outdoor pool, heated outdoor jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. The staff were very helpful and friendly. There was plenty of parking.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

This hotel meets every expectation that one naturally would have when staying in at Relais & Chateaux hotel not matter where in the world. Many thanks to the attentive and professional staff for making our stay so memorable…..

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Terrible internet connection. Room service very poor. The hotel is placed far away from any coffee place or restaurants so you are forced to order from the hotel with abusive prices, poor options, and bad service.

Beautiful place and facilities

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

The eggs were not fluffy (but this is France). However, the dinner menu was excellent and the wine was great.

The outside gardens were beautiful. The rooms were spacious and quite comfortable. The staff was obliging and friendly. And it is only a 3-4 kilometer drive to Saint Paul de Vence--an incredibly beautiful place.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The evening bar service in the lounge and on the patio was slow and not very attentive. On the 2 occasions we went to the bar for a before dinner drink, we waited 15 minutes to place a drink order.

The property, facilities, grounds and lodging are terrific. The front desk staff, concierge, and waitstaff at breakfast were attentive, efficient, helpful and very pleasant. Housekeeping services were also very good. Serenity is a word I would use to describe Le Mas de Pierre.

Apart from the facilities and magnificent setting, the staff were exceptionally helpful. And we were delighted that there was NO music at the pool; please keep it that way Thank you

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast pricey at 29 Euros. Thought 18 euros would have been more attractive.

This is the most fantastic hotel. One of the best we have visited - and we have visited a few! From the moment we arrived the customer service was outstanding. Hotel ambience fantastic as were the rooms and meal we had there that evening. We will certainly go back for a longer stay next time.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

No change of menu each night

The room was beautifully clean every day with a most fantastic view Everyone was so friendly and whatever we asked for we were given

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

possibly a greater variety of cheese and fruit for breakfast, but in reality it was all fine

the grounds were beautiful, the rooms were magnificent and the whole place had a quiet elegance of a fantastic private country estate.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

highly recommend "the club" on Friday nights with Philippe Harari. Perfect surrounding for Philippe & Bobbi fantastic singing performances! Great initiative to make La Pierre to Rock!

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Everything is a little pricey (breakfast, lunch, drinks, dinner), but the quality is so good, it is hard to complain.

Nicest pool we had in France. Beautiful, meticulously maintained property. Spacious and tasteful room. So happy we decided to swing for it and stay here, was truly an excellent all around experience.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

Disappointed that there was no pool attendant. Old food trays, glasses etc. we're not collected for hours and likewise towels/sun beds were not cleared when people had obviously left the area and new people arriving did not think any beds were available.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2016

The restaurant was too slow, took over an hour to see the main course. The food is a tad salty.

The private garden that came with our room. The herb garden and setting made the experience all the more precious.

Hotel is faultless, and will certainly come back.

Simply the best 5 star hotel we have stayed in France. I could not recommend it highly enough.

The room could have been a bit bigger

Very attentive staff in the dining areas.

Absolutely nothing can be faulted at this hotel

Consistently above average in every regard.

Amazing location and fantastic service

Birds got in the underground car park

Superb location, staff, attention to detail.

• Deluxe Double Room

Lovely place to relax and enjoy

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel has exceeded my expectations. Big and comfortable room. Beautiful garden and super friendly staff, in particular Ana (check in & out).

The grounds are beautiful, the rooms lovely, and staff professional and friendly. The dinner at their restaurant was one of the best we’be ever had.

Excellent hotel spa to rest and relax.

The weather!!!!!

The hotel is a joy. The staff are excellent. The restaurant superb. The grounds are beautiful. Hope to return soon.

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast is overpriced. Avoid dinner there as service is very slow and food is average

Good experience overall.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room is nice and quiet, very bery clean. The garden is beautiful and the small details are charming. The breakfast is perfect.

Everything... service, quality, food, personnel, rooms, cleanliness

Nothing wrong. Perfect!

Beautiful property! Serene with amazing gardens! Staff make you feel at home all the time! Try it!

• Deluxe Double Room

Gorgeous accommodations. Location is amazing. Staff was wonderful. Breakfast was fabulous and not to be missed. First class all the way.

No hotel book in the room to explain facilities ie shuttle. Check out was poor. V expensive area of france

V beautiful. Good sized rooms. Peaceful.

Poor attitude. Requests were considered a challenge rather than an opportunity to please.

Price of food

Pool facilities peaceful surroundings

Best hotel I ever stayed on , and I have been on the best hotels in the world. Simple second to none . Fantastic.