Reviews of Le Méridien Etoile 4 stars

81, boulevard Gouvion Saint Cyr, 17th arr., 75017 Paris, France

#947 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Unhelpful checkin staff, room small and not quite clean, food mediocre, concierge not helpful......

Close tot he Conference Center not too far off front he city.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

The staff were very pleasant and helpful. When we were booking in, the young man noticed that my friend had her birthday the day before and so he upgraded our room. The beds were supremely comfortable . Breakfast ,though not cheap, had an amazing choice of food.

• Urban Triple Room

Rooms were not prepared despite the request for early check in. I payed for room for 3 adult people but one was sleeping on a foldable bed. This extra bed was brought to the room after we were already in the room and had to ask for it.

Excellent breakfast.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Actually as a 4 stars Hotel there is nothing that I did not like !!!

I liked the location of the hotel. In addition to the facilities, cleanliness and very friendly staff. Rooms have everything you need in addition to a great service room. In general it was a very nice experience.

• Smart Double or Twin Room

The arrogant reception staff. Not just one. Had 3 of them. Look at the chair in my ‘executive’ room. €330 per night ??? Vending machines in the hallway. ?? Minibar empty. 2 separate beds while booked a double bed. The view is a concrete wall. So was my colleague’s view.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Bathroom screen was nit wide enough we kept wetting the floor with the shower Quality if toilet and tissue paper could be higher

The little touches like free coffee vouchers The location was near the metros and many choices for restaurants

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was dreadful and expensive. Avoid. Overall expensive for what you get and other services exorbitant prices reflect that.

Location, room was clean

• Urban Double or Twin Room

The bathroom did not have enough screen to prevent shower from wetting the floor And water from the tap kept wetting the counter a lot

Pillow was either too soft or too heavy I liked the bedroom slippers and toiletries and the closet had good hangers and I liked the mirrors everywhere and the bedside lighting

The rooms were supposed to be SUITES, but it was simply the adjoining of a smaller room and a slightly bigger room. It worked out, but it was simply an expectation thing and I believe the hotel should stop calling adjoining rooms suites it's disingenuous at best and flat lie at worst. Take note of this, the rooms are small and expensive and the hotel is bit busy but I enjoyed and would stay here at one of their cheaper rates.

We stayed on club floor at is was great. The club lounge is a solid lounge, particularly for breakfast and evening options and they had eats and drinks out all day. The hotel itself is 12-15 minute walk to arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysees, which was awesome and we walked all over the area. It only 30-35 minute walk to the Eifel Tower as well, but the walk is neither smooth nor direct and it will feel much longer -- walked once and Uber the next time.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

There were no complementary water bottles. No tea or coffee in the room.

The hotel atmosphere as a whole. Hotel had a positive energy, it had a nice refreshing smell. Hotel lights at the main entrance and the lights in the room.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Wish there was a coffee maker in the room- but the free extra coffee slips in the room help - you just go to the machine..wish they had more people there for check in - - maybe an express check in to my phone in the future?.. They were very polite however and being in the industry , I do realize there are moments of long check ins.

Beds were great, rooms quiet.. nice to have good restaurants in the facility as well as around the corner - there for meetings.. Great staff , very helpful in all languages.. Very polite staff, check out was quick, very convenient- took cab in and bus out - right across the street and the concierge at the hotel sells tickets , gives you the schedule and assists you. Near a large forest for running, rather than running thru the streets and stopping every 3 minutes-so if active great location and convenient.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

If you want to sleep a little bit more you will be waken up by a phone call , service asking you if they can clean the room , this is something really annoying

Amazing service , staff is well trained

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Bathroom needs updating. Some mold and bath deteriating.

Breakfast expensive but good selection. The restaurant was also good, food served to a high standard. Room cosy and bed extremely comfortable.

• Smart Double or Twin Room

Everything was good and I enjoyed my time. Bed and pillows are very comfortable. The room and the hotel were both clean. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Lack of amenities, no coffee in the room for Meridien it’s innaceptable at least a bottle of water especially for someone who arrived late. *** we asked for wake up call , the girls said we will call you twice , 5:15 and 5:30 which never happened. We had to rush to catch the bus to airport at 6AM

printers didn't work on 3 floors

Staff were very helpful, especially when my girlfriend threw up on the doorman, and then gave us garbage bags for her vomit soaked clothing.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

We had an unfortunate medical emergency with my baby and I must say the hotel staff have been very professional in handling the situation. The Duty Manager was very quick to check on us and the Ambulance was arranged in top speed. The staff are a calming and reassuring influence during the most terrifying time of our lives. Even after the incident, everyone was checking in on us to make sure our baby is fine. We received so much empathy from everyone. I can never thank you enough. We will definitely come back to this hotel for our future visits in Paris.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

More information on the property and the activities/other amenities that it had.

The front desk staff and concierge were very knowledgeable of the area and answered all of our questions. The hotel looked very modernized and clean.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Smart Double or Twin Room

House keeping needs close supervision after room cleaning.

Breakfast in the room Twice ordered fried eggs well done didn’t come as ordered plus short on toast no jam overall it’s not as expected.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

the position of my room. for the second time in this hotel(I stay 3 or 4 times here) my room have the window in the inner yard with a "nice" view of the garbage dumpsters. probably in the sense of staff is more than ok for someone coming from eastern europe romania and dressed in jeans and I pay a guarantee 100 EUR for a empty minibar.

position

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is very expensive and poor. Room is noisy, you can hear the highway cars, very poor light, bathroom door does not close

Close to the airport and the place where I have to go

• Urban Triple Room

For 3person the room is too small Actually we confirmed 3twinbeds but they didn't respond They gave us a king bed with one extra bed At all In very small room

• Urban Double or Twin Room

the breakfast was proportionally expensive- 17EURO. There were no thee/coffee in the room- in the corridor, close to the elevator you could get hot water in plastic cup for free or to buy "machine" coffee... 4 star hotel!

the location is great- if you need to be in this area

• Urban Triple Room

The bathroom door had a big gap fro the wall and no way we could fix it. We tried using the bathrobe to cover at least one side, but could not. This was my worst stay in my 60 years. I have been to may Le Meridian, but his was the worst. Complained to staff but they gave alternate which was very small for three of us. I don't understand how can there be a room with bathroom door. It did not any latch facility also. Thank god I did not come here with my family. Checked for refund so that we can shift to other hotel but was declined. As a member of spg we were not given any facility maybe because we booked thro Booking.com

Location was the only good here.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the way in how reception stuff attended us. Me and my wife Will never come back to this hotel And already start NOT recommending this hotel to anyone know them

Nothing sooo bad service and the wY how is attended and ask about payment and deposit payment like all your guests will runaway without pay Sooo bad from pegging And no minibars stuff no any materials in the Room

• Smart Double or Twin Room

I know not all hotels in Europe provide this but would so love to have a little kettle in the room ! Guess I’m just used to if in the UK Other than that no issues

Location Cleanliness

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is good but expensive. My room was not completely prepared (towels missing, door open, lights on) even though i arrived at 11PM. Wifi is flakey.

Rooms are nice and clean.

• Smart Double or Twin Room

Booked through booking.com and specified the early morning arrival time. However, when reaching the hotel I was told that no room was available and I have to either wait in the lobby or go and come back. My arrival time was at 8:00 am and no room was ready after a tiring night flight. I wasn't offered any compensation for that not even a free breakfast. I had to leave my luggage with the concierge and go for a long walk till 1:00. It was very disappointing as the hotel answer was sorry we can't do anything .....

• Urban Double or Twin Room

i have a electric problem , so in can't charging my portable with all the consequenses (no alarm in the morning , no google map to visit paris...)

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Transportation from the airport was expensive and difficult since we had to hire an Uber. The room was very very far from the elevator since we were associated with a Viking Cruise. No view.

Very nice breakfast buffet. Especially the cheeses & pastries. Pleasant staff. In a very safe and pleasant area near cafes. Renovated room was very comfortable even if we were assigned twin beds pushed together.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Travelling for a conference, great location for conference centre. Very comfortable hotel, staff were very helpful. Easy transport links via metro to rest of Paris

• Urban Double or Twin Room

The rooms are a little small. No water broiler in the room. Only 2 complimentary coffee/tea coupons for my 8-day stay.

Clean rooms, comfortable bed. The bus stop for airport transfer is just right at hotel entrance. Very convenient

• Urban Double or Twin Room

The door key that turns on the electricity is annoying but I understand that wasteful use is expensive.

Loved the Jazz Club. Great entertainment. Went with my grandson and he really enjoyed the location,the food , the room was very comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful. This was my second visit to this hotel and I will return again at my next opportunity. The restaurants near the hotel were as good as I remembered from my last visit. The hotel was very helpful in making sure that we got the twin beds that I was concerned about. I called Booking.com practically every day before this trip and was told that I could only find out when I checked in whether I could have a twin room or not. This aggravation was unacceptable. In future I will use a travel agent.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

It took more than 30 minutes, three calls, and two trips down to concierge and reception to finally get my luggage up in the room. Except once, I had to call the reception or guest relations several times for every request I had during my stay. Many times no one even picked up the phone. WiFi was awful; very very slow with countless disconnections.

The room was clean, contemporary and had a good view. Check in did not take long and went on smoothly. Breakfast buffet was large and varied. Bed was comfortable.

• Smart Double or Twin Room

Room faced very noisy street, vending machine charges Euro 8,- for a beer, toilet cubicle extremely small, reception staff very indifferent towards guests at check-in.

Good location for walking tours, comfortable bed.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Regarding the Parking...it was mentioned in the hotel facilities description that parking is available for 35 euros/day. However, I stayed for three days and I was charged for 4 days. This is not the 1st time happen to me with this hotel!! Moreover, I always found mistakes with my billing during when I check out from the hotel….Some time extra food others eating from the lobby restaurant. I end up always with asking to talk to the manager and the manager of course as usual refuses to show up and finally he show up and correct the bill which is not practical!!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Dear Sir, We do not know why there is a “no show charge” put on one of our bookings when we were present for all the days booked by our party of 4 . Please investigate and rectify the mistake and cancellation fee. We are perturbed by this although the we have no complaints on the location of the hotel. Regards,

location is convenient with lots of eating places nearby

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Smart Double or Twin Room

The room was very cold and there was a draft from the window. Noisy and too busy breakfast area.

Comfortable bed and quiet room facing the back (asked specifically for this)

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Smart Double or Twin Room

The price is high, but it's worth it.

The bed was very comfortable, shower fantastic, staff very friendly, clean, modern, good wifi, didn't try breakfast so don't know. Will stay there again. Location is great.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Urban Double or Twin Room

breakfast was very crowded. Therefore there was not much choice and table as rather uncomfortable.

Staff very nice esp concierge and people at reception desk were very helpfull. Nice, comfortable rooms. Cosy bar with life music for an evening drink. On walking distance to Bois de Boulogne and the Vuiton museum, easily to be reached by Metro.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Urban Double or Twin Room

the room was littel ,and there is no cafe or tea maker in the room and the refrigerator was empty

it's near the station and the workers were polite , they gave us our room immediately .hotel was so big and had very good bar and lobby to seat and relax and talk , had good breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Urban Triple Room

Room has no amenities. No kettle no coffee maker. Room have no view.

Location is amazing. Breakfast is good. Once I changed rooms it was pretty good.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Smart Triple Room

Upfront payment and additional euro 500 as safety margin as if we will escape and when asked why, reception staff said because your reservation was through Booking.com and this is the way we act as hotel policy towards such visitors coming through them

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Pressure of water in the toilets was not up to the mark.

Yes it was, and we even checked the brand of the comfortable mattress. Breakfast was enjoyed at different places in Paris.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Urban Double or Twin Room

there are not drink water when we reach to the hotel , not coffe and sugar inside the room ..thats very important when any visitor reach to the hotel .

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Urban Double or Twin Room

The air condition was not working. They changed my work but it was not working at that room as well. They brought a heater but the heater also didnt work after 3 minutes.The room was cold and then I found out that even the window had hole near its holder. It is not at all a good hotel especially for that high price that they charge (they charge almost 250 Euro per night but their services compared to other hotels only worth 40 Euro per night). It is even not a real 2 star hotel, let alone 4 star.

The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Nothing...it was all great!

Close to several restaurants, staff was very helpful and friendly - spoke our language...Hotel rooms were clean. Perfect! The jazz club was icing on the cake!

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Urban Double or Twin Room

I had a luggage problem. it was very difficult to have help from concierge people.

The room, the shower. The bathtub was an amazing surprise and it was very relaxing after working or walking in the city.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Urban Double or Twin Room

They serve exactly the same breakfast buffet every single day. Some variations would have been a welcome change.

Location excellent. Superfast free wifi. Staff courteous and very accommodating.

• Smart Double or Twin Room

Located in in a really nice area, down a short road from some cafes and restaurants and a very short trip to the arc. All staff were helpful and friendly; no rudeness or coldness about being non - French speakers. It's a very large hotel with a very vibrant entrance hall if you're like me and prefer that atmosphere rather than a small and not very populated place.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Urban Double or Twin Room

It was supposed to be a quiet room but my neighbors were really noisy. I found my room small. The breakfast selection was poor.

The staff were really nice and helpful. They gave me a quiet room.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Urban Double or Twin Room

The reception desk was not very communicative. The lights in the room turned on only by putting the room key card in a slot by the door. It is such an unusual way to turn on the lights in a room that one would think that the the desk clerk would tell you. We also shut the door with the key cards in the room. We went to the reception desk and they issued us another card without telling us that the original key cards were invalid. And last but not least we were charged 57.00 euros for 4 drinks at the bar. We expected higher charges but not enormous charges. We paid 12 euros for the same drinks at a cafe down the street. We really left with sadness about our experience. The last time we were there they were much more efficient. Seems like the arrogance of the French towards tourists is coming back. Too bad the city was basically empty of tourists. No waiting for popular sites.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Urban Double or Twin Room

We had to pay breakfast separately. The breakfast should be included in the room rate!!

The location is great! The fitness room is excellent. The breakfast is better than any hotels in Paris.

• Smart Double or Twin Room

Very very poor internet connection at room

The position

• Urban Double or Twin Room

The location was amazing and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Great location, great staff, great value, and an all round excellent property. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

AC was so so.

Got MVC upgrade to very large room.

Very comfortable bed

Comfortable

• Urban Double or Twin Room

There is no shoe polish machine in your house. After a walk in Paris this is needed for a business meeting.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Long walk from elevator to room

• Urban Double or Twin Room

The carpet might need some cleaning.

Very friendly staff, especially after hours.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Placement of elevator/design of building- long walk to room

Airport bus across road

Price

• Urban Double or Twin Room

the small room and the poor facilities in the room

the location

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

too small wc

Drink

Mini bar in the room for this coast

• Urban Double or Twin Room

I was expecting a cleaner room and the fridge was not working.

The place was really nice!

• Smart Triple Room

It was close to Arc a nice 20 min walk. The staff were friendly and prompt. Nice big foyer for sitting.

• Urban Double or Twin Room

No coffee machine in room plus the coffee shop in ground floor was not open for two days

Check in lady was very helpful

• Urban Double or Twin Room

Where ever I checked in hotels have 2 bottles of water for free so I didn’t fond it there they said u must pay for it 😡

• Urban Double or Twin Room

WiFi in the room impossible and didn’t get any constructive help from reception

Friendly staff!