Reviews of Chambre d'hôtes Les Herbes Folles

1 rue de l'église, 77990 Mauregard, France

#1 of 3 hotels in Mauregard

Based on 173 B&B reviews

Our first choice when needing an airport close to the airport.

Th bar service was slack. We ordered a drink at the bar to be served to us outside in the garden and we had to go inside to ask for it. Also, we weren't offered a second drink and when we walked by our table, two hours later, our empty glasses were still sitting there. The other small complaint is that we booked a taxi to the airport and we were advised the price would be Euro 15. The taxi driver insisted on us paying Euro 33 so there was clearly a miscommunication somewhere.

This hotel provides a much more pleasant stay than the usual chain hotel in the airport precinct. We have stayed in both the old and new parts of the hotel, and recommend visitors choose the modern rooms as they provide a higher level of comfort and you don't have to carry your bags up the stairs,

The property was very charming.

I arrived late and had not accurately read the description of the amenities. My room did not have air-conditioning and it had been in the 90s that day. There was a large fan in the room which made a huge difference and the night bearable. The room has beautiful exposed beams but if you are very tall be prepared to mind your head especially while showering. In the raised tub . There were a shortage of electric outlets because of the historic nature of the hotel so charging multiple electronic devices overnight for multiple people could pose a challenge unless you are willing to unplug lamps and TV. There was a power strip to run the tv and fan but it just had two vacant plugs and my room was a triple. I would suggest an additional power strip near the bedside table which would eliminate the problem. Also, no TV channels in English or they didn’t work on my TV so if you are hoping to catch up on CNN or BBC forget about it.. WIFI service did not work well in my cottage room which probably explains where there were so many people in the lobby on laptops when I arrived at a very late hour. The hotel was not an awful experience but with the charm there are some challenges and after a 7 hour drive I was too tired for challenges. Rooms seemed quite soundproof but you could feel the vibrations from the train. Anyway, it was a great place but a little quirky. Picture of the “lobby” is actually the breakfast room and bar area (the bar looked very well stocked).

The property was very charming. Rooms were very clean. It was very quiet and tranquil. Staff was great. It was a 10-15 minute drive to CDG. plenty of free and secure parking on site. Nice and basic European breakfast.

Good breakfast.

The hotel does sit along the airport flight path. Because it was warm we had to keep the windows open and the airplanes overheard were very loud.

Good breakfast. It was more than we expected with eggs, meat, cheese and yogurt, plus the usually croissants, bread and jam

It was hard to get a glass of wine before dinner.

It was hard to get a glass of wine before dinner. The server kept waiting on other people- I had to follow her to the dining room to place my order. Then tables were set up in the courtyard- I was seated with a group of strangers. I would have liked a table to myself. Other single travelers got individual tables when they came later.

The staffs in front desk are friendly and helpful.

1. If you have a young child with you, remember they will charge your extra 30 euros. 2. In booking.com it says they have airport shuttle, in US it means a real free SHUTTLE BUS. But here they will just book a taxi for you. We have 5 persons and some luggages. In the previous night we asked for a van and they said it can take 8 people and we should pay 27 euros to the driver. But the next morning we only get a mid-size taxi so there is no place for our luggages. Finally they asked an additional Uber for us but the taxi driver they booked for us insisted to ask us 43 euros! That is the worst experience in this travel. If you travel with your family members and have some big luggages, I suggest you call Uber or book shuttle (supershuttle, etc.) by yourself.

The staffs in front desk are friendly and helpful. Just 15 minutes drive from this hotel to CDG airport.

I totally loved this place.

This is a very nice hotel with very friendly and helpful personnel. I stayed there for 4 days from the 20th to 24th of May, 2018. Their service just exceeded my expectations. I especially want to thank Emilie who treated me like her best friend that she's known for ages. She helped me in every question that I had and I would ask her many questions because this was my first trip to Paris. She is soooo amazing!!! I totally recommend this hotel to anyone who travel to Paris or just wait for their connection because this place is located in a very beautiful and quiet place not far from CDG airport. I especially liked to go back there in the evenings after visiting the center of Paris as it is a very busy city.

We arrived and they did not have our requested room type...

We arrived and they did not have our requested room type available (2 twin beds). They took the room they had for us and added a real bed (not a cot) so we would be accommodated, and were very apologetic for the inconvenience. A great result to a potentially uncomfortable situation.

Lovely hotel, comfortable, friendly staff. Close to airport, but nothing in the area to see.

There was nothing to see. We walked through the town and there wasn't a store or coffee shop anywhere. It was just houses and farmland. We ate at the hotel and had two choices of starter, entree and dessert. We were hoping to stay here prior to our flight home to do some more shopping, maybe a nice walk and have a coffee, but there is nothing outside of the hotel. The food was good, but the choice very limited. If all you want is a quaint hotel prior to a flight and a nice walk in the country, this will do very nicely, if you expect anything else, you will be disappointed. And if you wanted to go into Paris, I would think you would have to get a shuttle back to the airport or take an expensive taxi.

The hotel was lovely. Our room was beautifully decorated and large. It was very quiet. The bed was comfortable and every thing very clean. We wanted to have a snack and a drink but there is no bar. Someone came right away to make us some drinks and provide some nuts and crackers. It was close to the airport (about a 10-15 minute drive) and you can arrange a ride with an extra cost. It is a good alternative to staying at a regular hotel to get a flight the following day. The staff was lovely and very helpful. It's a very nice place to stay to unwind from your trip and enjoy the quiet countryside.

Beautifully designed interior of the building.

Room rather small and had no desk or work space. Difficult to get to - taxi seems only option.

Beautifully designed interior of the building. Located close to the airport.

Lovely hotel close to CDG Airport

Furniture somewhat worn, though still comfortable.

Friendly staff. Quite (except for plane noise but that's in the package if you want a hotel next to the airport). Beautiful herbs in the garden. Good car park.

Nice facilities and restaurant, but the room was not so nice

My room smelled of body odor, although the sheets were clean. I couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from (no, it wasn't me), but it was quite noticeable. Shower head in the bathroom was visibly broken, so had to prop it up just right. Got in late, and only stayed one night, so just dealt with it.

Excellent and friendly staff, with a great restaurant available. The hotel facilities other than the room were very nice.

Close to airport

The sound proofing between rooms could be better.

We booked for just one night to be close to the airport for our flight the next day. The property is about 12 minutes easy drive to the CDG Airport.

Quiet and relaxing

Room did not have basic tea / coffee making facilities which is generally expected in all hotels. The staff did provide a jug when requsted so that was ok.

We used the restaurant each night as we found it value for money, menu changed every night. The location was quiet and the grounds very attractive.

Nice

In the middle on the farm field. No other place to get something to eat are snack on. Would like to have known that before arriving in taxie

Beautiful Property

Fall in Love with France here.

So glad we found this hotel. It was by far our favorite of the whole trip. Wished we had found this on our first night . Close the airport without the noise. Adorable and fully mondernized with a beautiful French garden. The staff went above and beyond to help us. Be sure to eat dinner here, you will need reservations.

Convenient, comfortable, good friendly service, and good value.

The bar area was a bit odd, more like a waiting or reception area

The room was good, and I could open the window, good bathroom, and a good sized excellent bed. The food was good too.

Quick layover in lovely hotel

I selected this hotel in part because it was included in the search results for those with "Airport Shuttle". In reality, the shuttle is a private driver hired by the hotel who can pick up or drop off at the airport, but this requires 24 hours advance notice. I didn't have this information or the time since I unexpectedly had an overnight layover, so I ended up taking a taxi to the hotel. The return trip with the driver to the airport was 17 Euro, but unlike the other shuttles, this car went straight to my departure terminal, which saved me some time.

This was such a gem for a layover caused by delayed flights. The little town is not far from the airport and the hotel has a beautiful garden and interesting design, given that it's a restored farm house. The room was quite comfortable and the food was delicious - it's not an extensive dinner menu, but everything was great. Breakfast was yummy as well.

The hotel was beautiful and looks amazing.

The trip from the airport. Best bet is an Uber driver and that was about €9-10. We took a bus and ended up down the other side of the lane which was a 1.8km walk.

The hotel was beautiful and looks amazing. We had dinner at the restaurant and it happen to be the best dinner we had for the whole trip. The staff were so lovely and spoke English as well which helped us as we can not speak a word of French.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Great place to stay.

Check in hours, I wish we could have checked in a bit earlier.

Excellent location, they also have a parking lot, in case you are driving in France. Staff were professional and friendly. I'll use this place again.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Excelllent

The Chambre was a real find. Literally the other side of deGaulle airport, it was a 10-15 minute taxi ride. We stayed there after a long flight from San Francisco. It was modern and had a wonderful breakfast room. We sat outside in the garden and had wonderful cheese and wine. The next morning we took a taxi back to deGaulle to pick up our rental car.

Excellent Alternative to Charles de Gaulles Airport Hotels

Lovely place, beautiful barn conversion with spacious rooms and welcoming, helpful staff. Simple, delicious breakfast with real orange juice and fresh croissant. Secure parking, nice little garden area and terrace. I would strongly recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Attractive, quiet, near airport.

The hotel is not in a town and the restaurant at the hotel, which is the only game in town, was overpriced for the quality of the food.

The reception was exceptionally friendly and the room was very comfortable and attractively furnished. The lounge was a nice place to sit with a drink before dinner. The hotel was quiet despite being near the airport.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Fantastic place to stay of top quality and very close to CDG

Nothing That comes to mind at all.

The staff were efficient, pleasant and spoke French and English with equal excellence. Polite and very professional. The driver transporting one of us to the airport, which was prearranged through the hotel was on time, polite and helpful with great English skills. Providing access to the breakfast room before the usual time to enable one of us to catch an early departure from CDG was very much appreciated. The rooms were quiet and comfortable and it is well above staying at one of the large commercial hotels which are enroute to the airport.

Slept better than at home.

Gate in the morning did not open with the code given. Needed to return and was in a hurry for the plane.

Slept better than at home. Rooms are quiet and very spacious.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Fabulous place to stay near Paris CDG airport....

People make all the difference, that is what this Hotel excels in. They have fantastic people who make you want to come back there again & again.. this was my second stay & I am sure every Paris stop over will always be at the same place.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

French country side in the city

By "airport transfer" I assume a free service to and from the airport. However, they just called a taxi cab instead that charges you at the *beginning*.

Location and scenery is perfect for one that want to know country side France but doesn't have time to go all the way to the country side. Even 1-day business travel works here.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Peaceful departure!

Not a destination in itself as there is little around, but perfect for departures from the airport. Breakfast could improve by having boiled eggs.

Very close to the airport. Quiet hotel with lovely garden. Staff were caring and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

We were served a cheese plate, as the chef was sick and we...

A bit on the expensive side, but convenient for CDG airport.

We were served a cheese plate, as the chef was sick and we couldn't there have a proper dinner. But good cheese plate.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Gem near CDG! Rare find!!!

Nothing!!

Everything! The property was really beautiful. Great ambience! Decor exceptional. Comfy beds and outstanding restaurant with excellent food! A gem near the airport!!! Will plan to stay again!!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Why stay at a CDG hotel when you can stay here??

Outstanding hospitality that made us feel totally welcomed! Garden was perfect for a late afternoon glass of wine. Dinner was delicious as well as reasonable. Due to work I have frequently stayed at CDG hotels and was delighted to find such a small enjoyable inn this close with easy transport to and from CDG. Looking forward to staying here again in 2017!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Overall good and made better by very helpful staff

Breakfast poor and Directions from Airport to find the Hotel without a GPS would be difficult to say the least, good luck!!

Staff were great and very helpful

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

There was nothing to dislike.

The welcome we received from Elise on our arrival was exceptional. After a long and fraught journey, she completely relaxed us and made everything calm. She amended a restaurant reservation and organised taxis for us within minutes. The hotel is only 10 minutes from CDG Airport and about 25 minutes to Chantilly (where we were going to the races). The hotel was really attractive, an old distillery transformed with lovely modern décor and flair and lovely furnishings (stunning fabrics and lamps). Our room was in an attractive annexe with a huge area with fire, sofas and television should we have wanted to use it. Our bedroom was lovely - comfortable bed, spotlessly clean and the bathroom had plenty of products and fresh towels each day. Breakfast was lovely - croissants, rolls, fresh orange juice, cereals, coffee/tea machine - and in the old distillery which retains the feature in the high ceiling. Adriana was most helpful and reserved a really good restaurant approx. 5 minutes away on our second night. We couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough and will definitely stay there again when next in the area. Elise and Adriana were perfect front of house hosts, nothing was too much effort and they spoke excellent English.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

A Good Night's Rest at Paris Airport Hotel

The town surrounding the hotel has no stores or restaurants. We walked around a bit but only to get a bit of walking before a long flight. Wish the hotel had a pool or exercise room.

We needed a quiet place close to the airport because our international flight required early check-in. It was nice to be able to take the train directly to the airport and get a hotel shuttle to the hotel. The food at the hotel was a bit pricey but quite good.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

The property was beautiful!

The property was beautiful! The restaurant was delicious and served late enough to accommodate our late arrival. The shuttle to the airport was great.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

A very nice stay, we will be back for sure !!!

The breakfast could be a bit more varied. We would have liked to have eggs & bacon...

Staff very friendly Charming location Relaxing atmosphere Very nice & cosy restaurant, good menu and sound wine choice

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Charming hotel

Breakfast could have had homemade products, with more choice, but what we had was good

Charming hotel, 15min drive from CDG. Super nice garden, good wine selection. Friendly and attentive staff.

Nice but...

Don't count on breakfast in this hotel - there is no hot food. Not even an omelette, scrambled eggs or porridge. And not even cold meats or sausage. Only coffee, croissants, yogurt and cereal, two types of fruit. If you don't mind filling up on carbs since morning that'll be fine. But even though variety of breads, cheeses and fruit could be much, much better - this is France, after all! If you need to move about you will need to make an arrangement with a friendly to the hotel driver or hire a car. I ended up spending around extra 100 Euro to be driven back and forth where needed.

It is a very well presented, clean hotel with modern fittings. With a pleasant seating area outside (if you can relax in 5 min regular airplane noise), welcoming and friendly staff. Close...ish to the Airport but still quite a ride by car or bus (which goes through the village but only to the CDG Terminal 1).

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

The cleanliness of the place.

The breakfast area is really small, and the food variety is poor.

The cleanliness of the place. Staff were nice and it's really close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

wonderful break from usual hotel chain atmosphere

toiletries in bathroom

Mauregard is very beautiful, quiet (despite being close to airport) and relaxing area Food was excellent - set menu for dinner but better than we had in Paris!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Unique residence of beauty

No AC. Arrived on very hot day, room uncomfortably hot.

Beautiful building and gardens, very comfortable bed. Spacious guest house. Wonderful staff.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

A great place to visit Chantilly and surroundings

May be a bit more choice on the breakfast buffet. But if the choice was narrow, the products were of excellent quality.

Staff Is extremely friendly. The place Is really lovely located with a very pleasant garden. This is an old farm that has been renovated and is currently used as an hotel and a Chambre d'hote.

Quite and nice

There is nothing around the hotel

Quite and nice

History, breakfast, location

Room total Surface could be bigger, appliances a bit confusing

History, breakfast, location

Lovely place and staff, perfect location for the airport, just wish we could have stayed longer

That we weren't able to stay for longer

Comfortable and good hotel next to CDG airport.

Comfortable and good hotel next to CDG airport.

Choices were limited

Choices were limited

Quaint hotel!!!

Everything was great!!!! Free parking!!! Easy to get to airport in the morning! Great breakfast!

A pleasant place to stay

Bedroom was very cold so a change of room was necessary but then it was alright.

Great motel close to airport without the noise

No shop or other food around the motel.

Comfy and clean, great value for money and close to the airport without the noise! Cheap airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

A real gem.

A real gem. The chef at the hotel is outstanding. We had a great dinner that was very reasonably priced.

Very bad. Never come back again

Very bad transportation and unprofessional employee. Extremely inconvenience to reach airport.

Modern design

Shuttle was more expensive than than a taxi.

Location. Close to airport but like being in the country.

Very pretty accommodations here at this establishment.

Very pretty accommodations here at this establishment.

The receptionist provided us with a delicious soup andbread.

No restaurants nearby

The receptionist provided us with a delicious soup andbread.

Great location as close to the airport, but in still in a...

Great location as close to the airport, but in still in a cute little village.

Excellent dinner.

Room on the small side.

Excellent dinner. Wonderful staff. Perfect location for getting to CDG. Interesting history of the building.

Tea and coffee facilities in room.

Restaurant closed the night we stayed.

Tea and coffee facilities in room.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Very charming remodelled farm place.

Very charming remodelled farm place. Really liked the small garden and village feel, in spite of being very close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Excellent hub for Charles De Gaulle airport.

Nothing...

Excellent hub for Charles De Gaulle airport. Fine restaurant. Car parking. Good shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Definitely an improvement on the usual airport hotel

Absolutely spotless throughout. Limited choice of menu at dinner but all was well cooked and delicious. Lovely friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Too expensive 35 euros for Dinner . Just straight out thieves ... !!

15 Euros shuttle to the Airport .... a ripoff ..!!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Location, service and style all perfect.

Breakfast a bit basic.

Ideal location for CDG airport. Simple menu but well prepared and presented. Stylish and attractive inside and out.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Friendly comfort

The room was a bit small especially with luggage for an international journey.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Friendly staff and dedication

No smoking room

Friendly staff and dedication

Beautiful location.

Beautiful location.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

We loved the location, our host family most gracious and...

We loved the location, our host family most gracious and went out of their way to help us with a car issue. Our favorite stay of our trip!!!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Excelkent

ON Y RETOURNE!!!!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Right at the airport, but so like a village.

So close to airport but so quiet, just a wonderful location. All 10 out of 10.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

The location near Paris CDG Airport was perfect, the staff...

Wouldn't change a thing

The location near Paris CDG Airport was perfect, the staff were wonderful and the food at the restaurant was very good. The room was very comfortable, clean, and beat the daylights out of the airport hotel we stayed at last time.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Our room was very comfortable and well appointed.

Nice quiet music at breakfast and dinner would have been nice. Silence (breakfast) and rock (dinner) were a bit disconcerting, but we are a bit older.

Our room was very comfortable and well appointed. Staff are so friendly and accommodating and both our dinner and breakfast were delicious. Unlimited coffee! The grounds are spacious, the setting rural. One transfer to or from the airport is included; you need but give your friendly driver a nice tip if you wish. Don't use a cab. We were charged €25 for a €12-15 ride, the taxi driver adding an extra 5 km by making an extra loop. Uber rules!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

Fabulous renovated farm just 15 mins drive from Charles de...

Fabulous renovated farm just 15 mins drive from Charles de Gaulle. Lovely restaurant. Breakfast included. Nice backroads for taking a walk and lovely setting.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

Very convenient to CDG airport.

The pricing of accommodation and dinner is on the high side

Very convenient to CDG airport. The free continental breakfast was very good, but the dinner menu was somewhat expensive. Getting to CDG by arranging transport through the efficient and charming front desk. The hotel, which is a beautifully renovated farm property, is set in quiet farmland and seems a world away from CDG. It would be the perfect location for high level corporate meetings.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

Great airport stop over after 24 hrs travel.

Access to tea or coffee making facilities during the day and at night.

Great airport stop over after 24 hrs travel. Quiet and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Mauregard is a small village with no shops so if you don't have a car you can walk about 15 mins to the next village for coffee, pastries and other restaurants.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

This was very near the airport is a very small town, but the...

My room was out a garden door and the luggage had to be carried - sort of tiring after traveling all day!

This was very near the airport is a very small town, but the food at the hotel was great!

• Reviewed: 6 December 2015

Location near to airport but in quiet village, great pickup...

Nothing worth mentioning

Location near to airport but in quiet village, great pickup driver, spotless comfortable room & simple but good restaurant will definitely use again & highly recommend as value for money

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.