Reviews of Libertel Austerlitz Jardin des Plantes 3 stars

12-14 Boulevard De L'hôpital, 5th arr., 75005 Paris, France

#946 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Cosy Double Room

The size of the rooms,too small. The quality of facilities,I.e. a sliding toilet door which gave no privacy!!

The closeness to the station and the gardens close by.

• Comfort Double Room

The sliding bathroom doors do not close all the way. Room service sometimes comes too early to the rooms.

The location is fantastic, close to metro and RER stations, friendly and helpful staff, and clean rooms.

• Cosy Room

Main staircase was out of order for workmen. Bathroom exceptionally small...shower very claustrophobic and flooded the bathroom every time.

Great location, easy link into the city centre. Lots of places to eat and drink nearby.

• Cosy Double Room

Shower door didn't seal at the bottom and it was hard not to get bathroom floor wet

Right next to train, metro and bus station so it is easy to use public transportaion to get around. Also only a 30 min walk to Notre Dame area and latin quarter. Some restaurants nearby

• Cosy Double Room

The room was so small. I am 32 weeks pregnant and I struggled to get around the room the walls were closed in the toilet/bathroom was so tiny I struggled to shut the door.The shower leaked so I found myself mopping up the floor which was a massive struggle for me. The reception staff did not help and said he gets complaints about the showers all the time. This was not good enough.

I liked the location that’s it was right near the batobus and station.

• Cosy Room

As per a lot of Paris accommodation the rooms were very small and the bathroom tiny.

It was reasonably convenient to access the Parisian transport system and within walking distance of some attractions that we were interested in. It was a good base to explore Paris. There were a number of eating options just downstairs at the base of the hotel.

• Cosy Double Room

Very close to Gare Austerlitz, and available last minute when we were stuck unexpectedly due to SNCF train strike. Would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to others.

• Cosy Double Room

Noise from the street was more then expected.

Very friendly and helpful staff, the hotel was very clean. Easy to find location, nice restaurants in the vicinity (in the Jardin des Plantes and restaurant MaisoN were favourites.)

• Cosy Room

Better coffee for the coffee maker.

The staff was very nice to me as an english speaker and were flexible at the last minute when I had to revise my reservation. Very nice. And they located a lost IPOD that I had left in the room and held on to for me when I was not there. Thanks!

Air conditioning did not seem to work. Towels too thin and small.

Beds were comfortable. Our room was quiet, as requested, and the two rooms we used were next to each other, also as requested.

• Cosy Double Room

The shower doors leaked & the air con could’ve been more effective

Rooms were cosy, staff friendly spoke fluent english (phew) great location near metro station (20mins to the centre) room had a kettle in it, bed was nice and comfy, nice wide opening windows

• Cosy Room

Your website did not mention clear enough the age of the chosen costumers! I ordered 1 adult and 1 child. When my girlfriend and I arrived, your computer did not reconize that 1 child was included - that’s a problem! But your kind staff did a great job.

• Comfort Double Room

Advice - don‘t take the room 101 it‘s smaller than the other rooms with a claustrophobic shower and next to breakfast room/stairwa, it get‘s really noisy

Great location, metro station right infront of the hotel, a 20min walk away from Place de Bastille with a lot of restaurants and cafes, super clean rooms, small bed but comfortable, Tip - Boulangerie Bo (10min by foot) has very tasty croissants

• Privilege Double Room

The price might be a bit high but still reasonable because the accessibility to the main scenes is quite satisfactory.

The staff at the reception is friendly and nice, he helped check everything I needed and very talkable!

• Comfort Double Room

In the bathroom the floor will always be wet since the wall separating the shower from the bathroom itself is too short, no shelves in the bathroom so if you use your shampoo/anything else you will have to hold it or place it beneath your feet. IMHO: the bed is hardly suitable for 2 adults though we managed to get used to it and never fell down)

Very clean, new beds, super breakfast, very helpful and friendly staff! A lot of places to eat near by, very nice garden/park 3 minutes walk from the hotel

• Cosy Room

I really didn't like the check in... I arrive around 11am (which I mentioned in my reservation) and I couldn't get a room before 2pm.... I came back at 1:15pm, the receptionist told me 2 o'clock it's 2 o'clock!!!!! Then the elevator didn't work.... I always reserve this hotel when I take the train at Gare d'Austerlitz, but NO MORE and NEVER AGAIN...

Just in front of the train station Gare d'Austerlitz.

• Family Room

The noise from the room facing the street made it difficult to sleep properly. Towels were poor quality, sheets were stained or not changed. TV remote did not work. Overpriced breakfast.

Hotel is close to the metro and there is an expresso machine in the room. Mini fridge and safe came in handy. Staff didn’t speak much English but were nice and tried to help.

• Cosy Double Room

Reception area extremely cramped. Room small. Furniture very plastic. Bit more expensive than I think it merited. Clean but basic hotel.

Staff were pleasant. Bathroom nice with large shower.

• Comfort Double Room

Especially, the man who works on night shift was so rude and never smile. When you ask any question, he tries to help but you could see his face sadness like he does not want to work there. There was not dry cleaning and when i asked iraoning service just offered me to go room number .... and take iron and sheet to make it myself. The room was so tiny. The first day, when i asked about transportation to Charles De Gaulle airport they offered me shuttle bus as 65€ and i planned my return as per that. When i asked to arrange shuttle one night before i check out, they said no shuttle bus before 6.30am. which was not mentioned on first day. I just had to arrange taxi by Uber and paid 50€.. Overall, i am not satisfied and do not recommend that hotel to anybody.

I had so early train and the hotel was so close to Aussterlitz train station.

• Cosy Double Room

It was a bit small. However, because of the practical layout, it didn't bother us.

The room was very clean and well maintained. The city centre was a 20min walk away.

• Cosy Room

the walls were paper thin. I could hear every time anyone near me flushed their toilet. I could hear people speaking next door. I could hear people below me. The bathroom was so small that I could reach completely across the room and touch both walls. The shower is so poorly designed that you absolutely cannot take a shower without soaking the floor of the entire room. And, the shower is so small that you may find it difficult to wash your feet.

The bed was comfortable

• Privilege Double Room

Room I was in was a little on the tight side but bar that things were fine.

One positive mote the coffee (machine) in the breakfast room has improved a lot since I last stayed here. Very well located for transport links. Metro and RER station literally across the road. Room had a kettle.

• Cosy Room

The only thing I did not like was the hairdryer. I don't like these tube things on the wall. I'd rather have a proper one.

The room was small (as always in Paris) but extremely well designed to fit everything in. It was cosy and comfortable. It helps having a kettle. I appreciate that little detail.

• Cosy Double Room

Performed the seemingly impossible task of squeezing almost nothing into almost no space, leaving no space to 'be'. Tiny 'double' bed, teensy shower 'room', no safe, broken toilet flush, broken sink plug, awful 'carpet'.

Nothing much.

• Cosy Double Room

When we arrived, it was necessary to descend a set of steps with the luggage, to reach the 1st floor, where we were placed (nothing that really compromised the experience, I would return to the hotel).

Metro station practically at the door of the hotel. Train Station (connected to subway) across the street. Good choices for coffee, snacks and restaurants on the street side of the hotel. Interesting area, relatively close to the Notre Dame Cathedral. Friendly and helpful staff - they were kind enough to set us up in a larger room than we had hired (no extra cost.

• Cosy Double Room

Room equipping and functioning. Bathroom leaking water all over the place , bathroom and room too small, bad lighting, towels small

Reception and manager kindness

• Cosy Room

Shower leaked water as shower doors didn't close all the way. The key card sometimes didn't work. The internet was prone to drop out.

Extremely close to the metro (with one line going straight to Gare Du Nord). Clean and modern interior. Walkable distance to many landmarks.

• Family Room

There was a coffee machine but no instructions with it. Otherwise everything was lovely

The room was nicely decorated and very clean, the bed was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The location was very convenient to Paris.

• Comfort Double Room

Walls are a bit thin. Can hear EVERYTHING, however it does not deter me from staying again. :)

Room was clean, bed VERY comfortable, and great atmosphere.

• Comfort Double Room

even we used elevator, we still need use stair to reach our room

this hotel really at city and near lot of national museum at Paris plus surrounded with lot of restaurants (even mcd), in front of Gare du North Libertel (train station). the staffs really helped me a lot for rescheduling my booking (my booking was a non-reschedulable)

• Cosy Double Room

the place isn't very spacious though. the lift is lil small

The location was great... just few steps away from the metro station, and surrounded by lots of amazing eating joints.

• Cosy Double Room

- Every time I took a shower, the floor flooded. Even a 2 minute shower. - There were awful marks on some of the towels - The hair dryer was temperamental. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't.

The bed was really comfortable.

• Cosy Double Room

Lifts located in between floors. One has to carry luggage from a lift floor to the room floors. Wifi very unstable and one could not get most of the time to internet during normal waling hours. Room very tiny.

Nice and helpful staff. Good location.

• Cosy Room

The entrance to the hotel was being rebuilt and the alternative was poorly signposted and internally the temporary layout was very poorly signposted, and potentially unsafe

Clean well-equipped room in nice location close to the university.

• Club Room

The hotel is in the middle of renovations and it's very challenging to get in and out. The lobby is completely closed off and you can only use the elevators - no stairs. Once it's finished it will be really wonderful - but probably more expensive. I also thought that "booking" should have let us know about this which they didn't. We would have stayed anyway, but it should have been our choice.

We loved the staff and the location! The bed was very comfortable and we loved the bathroom. Overall it was a very nice room. We chose to stay on the front of the building which is right across the street from the metro and it's on a busy street. We didn't find the noise to be a problem but if you like a very quite room choose the back of the building.

• Cosy Room

The room is really small And the receptionist didnt speak english well so I had trouble to communicate with her . So she solved the problem by asking me to talk and later with her colleague instead of her.

The location is just perfect. Just steps to Gare d'austerlitz station which contains 2 metro lines and train line. And through the train, you can go directly to Eiffel Tower

• Cosy Double Room

Very tight room. No airconditioner. It is very close to a hospital and a police detachment therefore it was very noisy at night with ambulance and police sirens. With no airconditioner , we cannot even close the window to shut off the noise n

It is in front of gare austerltz for our travel to Orleans. Location is very convenient .

• Cosy Room

I was accomodated on the last floor-there is elevator,but just stairs for the last one (with heavy luguage,nothing comfortable).Room was really tiny,double room ok for one person. Walls are really thin,so heardryer from next room woke me up in the morning.Shower wasn't well isolating, so I understood immidiately,why the carpet in the room next to the bathroom was wet. For me, my stay didn't worth the amount I paid.I would expect something a bit better.

Accomodation was well situated,good for business travelers or visitors,who don't need to spend there long time. Everything clean,staff was nice. Room equiped by TV, water kettler, bottlwd water and hot drinks available.

• Privilege Double Room

Everything. I have never been in an hotel so bad: rude staff, dirty, uncomfortable, poor breakfast, no dinner or lunch room service. I have paid almost €800 for staying 3 days in such a horrible place. I will definitely not return there anymore.

• Cosy Double Room

Breakfast was limited and coffee machine broke every morning and produced awful coffee when it worked.

Comfy bed. Excellent location. Across the road from metro station, walking distance to beautiful gardens and river for boat tours.

• Cosy Room

All of the above and more

They cheat you this is a hotel, in fact first floor is all Bering renovated, there is no reception and common waiting room! You enter through a garage door!!! The cleaning lady left dirty socks in my bed linen !!! In the shower room if you move you can burn yourself with hot water!!!

• Privilege Double Room

Dogs allowed in rooms. Not good for hygine and noice due to barking. A blanket option would be nice as the duvet was too hot.

Friendly staff and good value breakfast

• Cosy Room

My room was compact, but perfect with everything you would need. Lovely bed, lots of pillows with French windows opening onto the street. Great location for the hop on boat and not to far to walk to the Gare de Lyon.

• Comfort Double Room

The hotel, the night staff was very rude and unhelpful because I ask him to help with my suitcase.

so disappointed, lift was broken down two days before and the hotel couldn't repaired and make the guest used the stairs, my room was in the fifth floor " 502" and my feet are swallowing, I am in the pain until now and I would like to make a complain.

• Cosy Double Room

a better bed so i could sleep, for bathroom floor to have been cleaned. walls were very thin could hear everything going on in next room.

Near to Paris Central and near places to eat. Lift broke down on last day, had to drag cases down some steep stairs from 3rd floor. Ok place to stay while visiting paris, very cheap bed not comfortable and bathroom very small

• Family Room

Family room was not suitable for 3 adults. One bed was too short. There was no available adapter to change the English plugin.

The bed was very comfy, room very clean, good breakfast, good location, luggage storage.

• Comfort Double Room

The utterly depressing view onto a dirty and dark courtyard. Tininess of the room. Awkward space management in tiny bathroom. Loud air conditioning.

Location both central and convenient.

• Cosy Room

The room space was very tight As well as the shower cabin Room temperature at some point was too cold

The bed was very comfortable Also location is very close to the metro station Also it was very quiet

• Comfort Double Room

Excellent value for money hotel - close to train station/metro, room was very clean & well equipped, bed very comfortable, quiet, coffee machine with free pods, very quick & east check in/out.

• Comfort Double Room

The room was very small and we had to put one suitcase in the bathroom to avoid tripping over it. However, the staff were pleasant and helpful and happy to organise an airport shuttle for us. The location directly opposite Gare d'Austerlitz (station and metro) and near to the Jardin des Plantes was great.

• Cosy Double Room

Perfect for access to Austerlitz and Gare de Lyon railway stations. We were very pleasantly surprised at the presentation and size of the room and the outlook as it was the cheapest rate

• Cosy Room

The only point I could make here was that the noise coming from the hallway as other guests came and went but this is entirely out of the control of the hotel and wasn't a big problem.

For a short break, this was an excellent choice. The hotel is directly opposite Austerlitz so transport connections were great, as well as having the option of walking along the Seine to Notre Dame in about 15mins. The cozy room was perfect for one person - with all the mod cons, comfy bed and excellent sound-proofing from the road traffic.

• Club Room

Paying 30 Euros to check in early by an hour or two seems poor value.

We used the hotel as a family place to locate before taking the night train from Austerlitz. For this purpose, it was excellent.

• Family Room

It will be good if they can refill the food for the breakfast buffet.

The staffs are very accommodating. The bed are very comfortable and the room is very clean.

• Cosy Double Room

There was a kebab shop next door which wasn't the ideal sight for me arriving at 11 at night, and the rooms were very basic and not completely clean.

There are quite a few restaurants/cafes nearby which is really handy and a supermarket that is open until midnight most of the week. Location was reasonable, you can travel by metro which is right outside should you not want to walk towards the attractions. Good showers. Fringe and safe in the rooms very handy.

• Cosy Double Room

The check-in went well and the first two days everything was fine. In the last day, the floor of my room started constraction about 8.30am and knoking on my door. We leave the room about 9.30am and we did the check-out, in the end of the check-out (10min later) I realized I had left the clock in the room, When I got there, had already dismantled almost half the room, and the operator told me that he had not seen him. In conclusion I was without my watch. The manager even told me that I should have seen well before leaving the room.

• Comfort Double Room

End of May 2017 the hotel was doing maintenance and renovation work. However, they continued to welcome people! it was awful to live with the noise and with no lift!

Nice location for train travelers

• Cosy Room

Small bathrooms: It was almost too difficult to use the toilet because the shower glass was so close....Very few restaurants open nearby after 11pm.

Easy to access (lots of trains at Austerlitz and in a walkable neighborhood). Close to the Seine and a great garden.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Cosy Double Room

The name of the hotel on building was not quite same as hotel name on this page. You have to get really close to door to realize this was the same hotel. I had to search this hotel for 5minutes in heavy rain, but I also think the heavy rain may caused the difficulty.

It was close to station. the room is clean and the staff was really good and helpful. It is good if you have to catch train early in the morning. The train station and metro is really close!

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Privilege Double Room

Unfortunately, the hotel is undergoing refurbishment and although our room was excellent, the corridor outside and the stairways were covered by builder's cloths and there was clearly work going on in the corridor during the day. Sacks of building materials were also stacked on the stairway. Our room was on the fourth floor and the lift was not operating.

The room was excellent.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Cosy Room

shower room door can't be closed tightly leads to wet floor.

The location is really good. Near a big rail station. There are several restaurants next to the hotel. The riverside in the nearborhood might be the best part of Seine. Hospitalble reception.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Privilege Double Room

small flying insects fly into the washroom if we turn on the light. but this may be due to the flowers outside the windows.

perfect location with metro and railway. daily cleaning of the room. very friendly staff at the reception. restaurants and groceries just under the hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Privilege Double Room

When we checked out the price they gave us was not the price we booked for. Was more expensive and then when we queried they weren't too sure what we meant with the language barrier so we just paid.

Location was brilliant, walk away from notre dame, the gardens on the corner near the hotel where lovely to see

• Privilege Double Room

The photos were a bit deceiving, giving the impression that the rooms were bigger than they actually were. Yes, measurements of rooms were given, but who plots out what that actually means in size terms before making a booking? There was no space for a wardrobe, for example, the only place to hang clothes being a small hanging area in a corner of the room (when I check hotel photos I don't tend to look for things like wardrobes - my assumption being that there will be one!); also, the bathrooms, whilst not themselves overly tiny, were basically boxes squeezed into the rooms, with sliding doors that didn't close fully - I was travelling with my teenage son, and the resultant lack of privacy made things awkward at times. I should say, though, that I mentioned the space issue to a member of the reception staff and he kindly upgraded us to a slightly larger room for a small fee.

Staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Comfort Double Room

The staff were unfriendly and were reluctant to help after a situation with the safe inside the room having an error, which meant money was locked inside along with passports etc. So we were stuck with the problem that we hadn't eaten and our money was locked away so we couldn't. The night manager was so rude and even had the audacity to say "it's not my problem" along with asking us to wait until the morning! I'm not sure if it was his poor English but he was definitely not getting the message through that the safe had locked our money away and we hadn't eaten. He eventually handed over €50 for our meal but was reluctant to do so and also never apologised for the inconvenience. After all the faff in the evening, the day manager came up to the room and punched in a couple of digits (which were printed on a piece of paper) and it was fixed!!! So all the fuss over nothing pretty much, the night manager should know these things, otherwise there's basically no point in having them. Some of the staff's English was not good after they advertised that they could "speak your language", which could've also added to the reason the safe issue was so big. The rooms are advertised as "soundproofed" - THEY ARE NOT! Throughout the whole night we could hear people in the rooms next to us and the sounds of ambulances going by all night. It was not value for money.

The hotel is in a good location with a metro station about a 2 minute walk down the road and there's restaurants all around.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Privilege Double Room

I lived in room 105. Some lights on the platform outside my windows were shining up through the curtains to my room every night. Also, it seems that the room is not good at soundproofing. I could often hear people chatting and door-opening/closing noises.

The location is great. There's a Monop' (a supermarket) next to the hotel. Food nearby is also good.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Cosy Double Room

The room was so tiny that it made me feel quite uncomfortable. We also had someone else try to come into our room and were given the same key card.

The bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Comfort Double Room

It was very cold in the room, especially bathroom, and the air conditioner is in the middle of the room, so there's a certain place you can't sit due to hot air. We got an extended room, yet there's so little place

A nice place, with a good location and people. Clean, with some extra equipment you sometimes don't expect in a hotel room (coffee machine for example).

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Room was a bit small and they could do with modernising the corridors to keep up with the rooms.

Bed was comfy, bathroom was nice amd modern and the staff cleaned and no provided fresh towels everyday. Good location, convenient for sightseeing by foot or getting the metro

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Cosy Double Room

Room wasn't the same as in pictures : very very small. You should store yourself your bagages in the bagage storage. Lift very cold (in Winter). No parking

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Did not bother me, but the street in front is quite busy and noisy.

Just opposite Gare d'Austerlitz, right next door to the Jardin des Plantes and 20 minutes walk to Place de la Bastille. Very welcoming and helpful staff, nice room and bathroom, decent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Privilege Double Room

The only thing that I can say is that the pictures made the room look a lot larger. The room wasn't too small. We were just expecting it to be a little bit larger

I loved the bed and bathroom. Bed was very comfortable and clean.

• Comfort Double Room

The room was extremely too small the shower and sink was in one closet type room and the toilet was in another. Parking was viturally impossible to find.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Privilege Double Room

Rooms are very small. We stayed in a privilege room. There is no cupboard to keep things. Bathroom is one side open. due to that water flashes all over. They said toiletries are included. Only a small soap and wall fixed shampoo were there. Reception area is very small. Hardly a space to seat or wait there.

It was clean and room service was good. Bed was comfortable. Metro is just next door.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Cosy Double Room

The rooms are extremely small, I understand it's Paris... but still. Wifi didn't work and if you happen to be on wheelchair or have a walking problem (as unfortunately, I had), forget the elevator because you will still need to take stairs to go to your room.

Location is not bad, in front of the station and metro.

Browse Libertel Austerlitz Jardin des Plantes traveller photo gallery