Reviews of Hôtel Elixir 3 stars

7 Rue Jean Lantier, 1st arr., 75001 Paris, France

#765 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

The staff weren’t the nicest. Most of the time just ignored me or didn’t even communicate when I was asking basic questions. Also had a coffee capsule machine in the room with no capsules, which I kinda didn’t get the hang of.

The room was amazing, the best I’ve had in Paris. I will definitely be back. The location is great and really close to everything.

Daytime staff person not the friendliest / small frig but full of other products (for me to buy) but I just want to keep some water and juice

Location is very central, close to Metro entrance / liked the large bathroom, shower is large with small bench, water pressure is great, lots of storage space / bed was comfortable / 2 windows that opened for fresh air

We had a problem with our shower drain, it was not clean at all and it started to clog. We complained two times to two different staff members and the problem was not solved. Finally we talked to Laurent and he fixed it himself (amazing manager!)

Location was just perfect! Great restaurants (including vegan ones!), bakeries and really close to the metro station. The room was very comfy and the manager Laurent is a delight. Beautiful balcony in the room as well!

The service by the lady at reception (Zina) was terrible. Any request or question was evidently too much trouble for her. My old parents asked for coffee and tea (which wad not present in the rooms on our arrival), she made a big deal about it and then finally gave us sachets of instant coffee instead of the pods for the Nespresso machines which were provided in the rooms. We asked for a laundry bag, which she again made a fuss about. Whilst another person at reception was very helpful. When my mother asked Zina for help with some bags, she flatly refused!! Ironically, the same lady was all sweetness and smiles the one time her Manager was present at reception. I am appalled by the service received. She certainly doesn't belong in the service industry!

Great location, fabulous boulangerie with amazing staff and the most delicious breakfasts 2 doors down.

The hotel located in city center, it’s very convenient to walk to museums and shopping area. The room was very nice and clean. Staffs are very helpful.

Rooms can be cleaner.

Hotel is perfectly located; few steps from metro station (Direct line from CDG AirPort and Direct line to Disneyland), few steps to River banks and 2 minutes walk to Notre Dame. Rooms Are Well decorated and staff is nice, helpfull and friendly.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Hotel was dirty. Housekeeper forgot sleeping pillows at the floor and also forgot wet sponge in the sink at the bathroom and when i share my dissatisfied with the staff they did not even apalogize properly and said ‘it is hard to satisfied Turkish people about cleaning’. I wonder which nationality likes to find sleeping pillows on the floor and wet dirty sponge in the sink? Dont think to stay this hotel again.

Location was perfect. One of the best spot to stay in Paris.

The bed was a little hard, but pretty standard for a hotel room. Would have loved a shower in the family room, as opposed to bathtub only.

Staff, facilities and location were all superb. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a clean, comfortable, and convenient hotel in Paris.

Cleaning wasn't perfect, had bad luck and got the grumpy receptionist at check-in and aggressive one at check out

The location is perfect, the room is well appointed, the little balcony was a very nice bonus

The room does not seem very clean. Doors are about to collapse that I had to lift the whole door while open it. Many used coffee capsules were still in the coffee machine and the machine has got a lot of dust on it. One of the other room of ours does not even have a A/C in it.

Perfect location

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Stayed in room 405, it has a bath rather than a shower, it would have been better with a shower, the water sprays everywhere during shower. The room was a little bit on the dusty side, it could have been better for a dust allergy person Also the breakfast was very standard, nothing special

Location is perfect

The hotel is in a perfect location. Many hotspots can be explored by feet and a metro is really close. Tickets can be booked directly in the hotel. There are many restaurants and bars around. Staff is friendly and helpful to fulfill your needs.

There was nowhere to hang your towel after use.

The rooms are small but well appointed and the beds are comfortable. Great location very close to Chatelet metro and lots of restaurants. Nearby the Seine and the Louvre.

The house keeping service means changing the towels and rearranging the bed. That’s IT! No vacuuming, no cleaning the cups, no changing the tissue boxes.

The great location and close to almost everything you need. The room is big.

Rooms should have more hangers. Actually theres no hanger at all. So theres no place to hang our coats or towels. We can see the dust and debris on the duvet and pillow cover which could be cleaner. Since me and my partner is allergic to dust, we can feel dust around the rooms.

Receptionist is amazing. Upon arrival he allowed us to checkin into the rooms earlier which is very very nice. Location is very convenient and in the center of paris. This is one of my favorite area of Paris.

Aside from the brunette lady who worked weekdays, the staff weren’t very friendly/welcoming. They weren’t unpleasant however, they were lacking personality and didn’t come across very approachable.

The location was fantastic. Chatelet Metro was less than a 1min walk away and was a main hub for most lines making most sites easily and quickly accessible. The main strip of shops (a little like London’s equivalent, Oxford Street) was also reachable within less than 1min. The Louvre was a 5min walk and the Notre-Dame was a 10min walk across the Seine River. The hotel itself is clean and fairly modern. Excellent value for money on location alone.

This hotel has excellent location - close to RER B (both airports train) and metro station as well as Notre Dame and Louvre. The personnel was very nice, especially Laurent. The hotel itself was also very nice and we were very happy with our room.

some kind of milk or whitener would have been nice for the tea

Comfortable bed, nice toiletries, kettle for tea/coffee provided in room, great central location, got a good night's rest.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Slightly noisy but to be expected from such a central location - wouldn't put us off staying again

Great location, so close to 3 of the main attractions. Good staff, Lauren who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. Good size room - we had asked for a family room but were given a suite so our daughter had her own room which was a real bonus for all of us! Rooms clean, spacious for Paris and well equipped

Shower was hand held and could not be hooked up on wall. Just a small issue.

Lovely hotel. Room was comfortable & spotless, tea & coffee a nice touch. Excellent location, a couple of minutes from Chatelet metro station.

I don't like a hand held shower head. It would be better to have the shower head fixed high above ones head - ideally an overhead shower. Room doors tend to slam creating loud bang as no door suppressors. If these were fitted they would stop the doors slamming shut hence avoid being woken by people leaving early.

The room was well laid out and had an excellent large TV and Ipod doc. The bed matress was comfortable and allowed a good night sleep. It was useful to have a refrigerator in the room.

The man who checked us in "Raoul" was the rudest I've ever experienced. Made little to none eye contact and gave no introductory welcoming and was too busy on his phone while checking us in. Whilst asking him certain questions it was evident we were some what being a "hassle"!as he was had to keep muting his phone call on his mobile device. For me, this is unacceptable behaviour from someone whom is on the front desk representing the hotel brand.

The location was superb. Everything was close by. The Manager Mr Laurent was extremely helpful. Made sure our needs were seen to and we're able to voice any concerns we had. Thank you to Mr Laurent and Zayna

Staff where less than helpful ! Check in was the poorest I’ve ever experienced the gentleman had very poor English did not say hello or any greeting at all, said “passport” then nearly threw my room key at me . Room was small but clean had a smell of smoking from it . And the bathroom doors are the most ridiculous setup I ever seen in my life it’s just a glass door that just hangs off wall with large gap around it that has no lock or latch to keep it closed . So if your a shy person stay away . And there was always dirty laundry and the lift up and down stairs ..

Location was super

Attitude of staff. I asked for bathroom slippers first I was told there were none but then manager said they have them available. Similarly, when I wanted couple of things fixed in the room, the manager only responded after 24 hours and then it was time for us to checkout..for a hosptaility business that kind of turnaround time is not acceptable Bathroom is odd in room 201. Not enough exhaustion and the smell creeps in the room. The rooms were generally clean except the bed linen which was not up to the mark.

Location and the room size is not bad given the location. The rooms have a safe which is good too.

central heating and air condition noise, if you are sensitive person for the annoying noises it will be difficult to fall asleep.

Property is in really fantastic location, everything is closed starting public transport and all place must to visit everything on walking distance, rooms clean and pleasant design, staff friendly

When we arrived the room wasn’t finished being cleaned & then there was a loud arguement amongst the staff in the hallway for a good 20 minutes thereafter (awkward) Also I found it strange that we never received more coffee after the first day. My partner and I made coffee the first morning and never received more and our cups were never washed/replaced either. It’s just strange because every other hotel we stayed at on our journey offered this as standard cleaning/ operating procedure... other than that it was an average stay.

It was very conveniently located which was lovely. Easy to get around and walk everywhere as well.

The staff was quite unfriendly and dry. We felt tolerated rather than welcome. Reception was not able to give us practical information such as directions or advices. For examples I asked if they could recommend a restaurant and they didn’t. Cleanness was also an issue, the floor in the room felt dusty and not clean. One day we came back to the room at 2.30pm and the room was not done. While we were having a nap the cleaner opened the door and asked if she could clean the room.

The location is unbeatable!

pillows were horrible, the kind you keep in your basement and never use. they did not have an extra pillow to spare. Front desk East European woman cheated us on calling a taxi and tried to overcharge

Location is perfect!!! Excellent Access to Metro and plenty of Restaurants and bars! Rooms very clean and shower was great. Rooms are Standard for Paris but very comfortable and air conditioning works perfect!

The cleaner left the window open all day. It was freezing both days so when we we returned it was colder inside than outside. The staff although not rude seemed quite disinterested in guests, barely a hello.

Fantastic location, powerful shower, quiet, nice room

Great location, right in the city center, close to bars/restaurants, minute away from the metro. Room was quiet, clean and cozy. There was everything you need, coffee machine, snacks, nice set toiletries. Staff was really nice and helpful, there was a lot of personal touches from custom designed key cards to recommendation list for local restaurants. I will definitely stay here next time we are in Paris.

Some staff, who despite having english, would not communicate with us.

Most staff were very welcoming. Hotel was in an ideal location, very close to the metro, Louvre and Notre Dame.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Based on the pictures on booking.com, the family room seemed to have the possibility to divide the room in 2 area's with a (sliding) door, however. In reality, this is not the case. After checking with the reception, neither of the family rooms have this possibility.

The hotel was not what it looks like in the photos. The rooms have walls that are paper Thin and they are not nice at all. The carpet was dirty and smelled and there was no air ventilation in the room. The staff didn’t try to help accommodate any of our questions about the city and they were fairly rude. I wish we would have paid a little bit more to stay in a nicer hotel.

There was only one picture of a superior double room on booking.com so I assumed I would be paying for this room. However, when I got there I was told it had gone and was given another superior double room. It was not what I expected. I was slightly disappointed and discussed this was the lady at reception, she offered us a family suite at an extra cost but this didn't have a shower so we decided to stay with what we were given. Only downfall was two single beds had been pushed together causing a slight gap down the middle when we slept. I felt a little done by because I had paid extra for the room I thought I was receiving. Although I didn't receive the room I expected. I had a pleasant stay.

The hotel is an excellent location! I had the superior double room which was a little larger than most paris rooms. There was also a mini bar in the bedroom at an extra cost but convenient. Check in was quick and easy.

The one thing I didn't like was there was only one elevator, but that's something small that they can't control. When I checked in nothing was mentioned about them having breakfast at the hotel.

friendly and helpful staff, room was clean and had a mini fridge and iron, tv was a decent size, I liked that I was able to plug my computer into the tv to watch movies, the bathroom was bigger than what I expected.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Staff was not good at all. I meet three different receptionist and all of them were unfriendly and grumps. I bothered me so much that I would not stay here again.

Room was huge and comfy. Location was the best. It was 1 minute walking to Chatelet metro station and 5 minute walking to Louvre and Notre Dame. Decoration of the rooms were modern and includes new furnitures.

Air conditioner is very old and didn't work good, so it was little bit cold in the room .

Perfect location! Very close (walking distance) to most of popular attractions in Paris. Very clean and nice hotel. Very good atmosphere. Very recommended.

Broken shower that leaked under the shower door, under the bathroom door, and would get a couple FEET of the carpet in the room itself even wet ! A HUGE design flaw that can't be fixed without fully replacing this truly idiotic shower fixture.

Great location; great breakfast.

Regarding Booking. com web site, we tried to reduce the day. (change check out day one day before from the first reservation.) But we can not do it on Web-site. And we sent request to the hotel through the hotel. Then it was confirmed. But when we checked in the reception of the hotel can not find the changement on the system related to Booking.com. Also, I made reservation for all my colleagues, total 6 rooms. Then on the system related to Booking.com shows only my name for the 6 rooms then most of reception made confusion. Only 2 receptions can make them clear. Please modify or re-educate your system user of the hotel.

2 of the staffs were really nice! They are perfect service.

I wish we could keep our key card during the course of the stay, it is troublesome to keep returning it to the front desk

Great location - near to subways and key attractions that we wanted to see, easy to get around. That's what we wanted.

Maids were rude and ignored our do not disturb sign several times- but after addressing this with the manager it was swiftly resolved, which was awesome. Overall the stay was great and we would definitely return.

Excellent lobby and management staff- very helpful. Room was beautiful, clean, and decently sized. We would absolutely return. It was a great, centrally located, comfortable place from which to explore Paris!

???

Hotel is located within easy walking to iconic Paris attractions, cafes, shopping,etc. Felt safe day & night. Not luxurious but well appointed. Concierge service was outstanding. Check with desk for attraction admissions and activity arrangements with discounts - Louvre, Versailles, Moulon Rouge, Lido, HOHO bus, airport shuttle, etc. Nice Continental breakfast with pastries, eggs, fruit, cold cuts, juices, etc. One of few Paris hotels that are handicap accessible, however, lift door width if narrow and cannot fit a wide wheelchair or chair that has splayed wheels.

nothing.

sadly only a quick stop at this hotel. room was lovely and loved the small balcony. great shower and bathroom,not big but effecient. Bed very comfortable. wifi was fine. Lovely welcome at reception by lebanese speaking lady,sorry forgot name.. close to many restaurants and to major metro Chatelet.

The elevator is tiny but that's not a big deal. Just know that it can't fit two people with a lot of luggage at the same time. Just make 2 trips.

I was very happy that Zina at reception was able to put us in a room when we arrived from the airport. We were exhausted so that meant a lot. I love the location of this hotel and would stay here again. It is close to the Seine, Pompidou Centre, le Marais, shopping, and Norte Dame. Exactly where I wanted. Breakfast was fine for 13 euro with make your own hard-boiled eggs. The room was large enough to be comfortable, decorated different than a standard chain hotel. Great bathroom.

The room was very clean and bed was made every day. Breakfast was continental. Staff were very good and knew the area very well especially Laurent (manager). Will certainly return to this hotel, not only for the hotel itself but the location is just perfect. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay( three nights), would have scored it 10/10 but no restaurant, but every direction you go from the hotel, there are restaurants of every kind.

Some of the staff were abit rude when they didn't need to be. Don't like the idea of leaving your room key befor going out and then collecting it again it just didn't make sense to us

Nice size room, very clean and the Hotel Manager was very nice.

Lovely little boutique hotel in the perfect location, a boulangerie on the corner, fabulous restaurants a few steps away, and the Rue De Rivoli for shopping right there. Victoria was amazing - so helpful and also full of information! Laurent sent me suggestions by email before my stay too - really appreciated. There really is nothing negative about this hotel, it's on a quiet side street so your sleep quality is also very good. Rooms are bigger than expected and really well appointed. Beds are super comfortable. Highly recommended!

The size of the room and shower, there is literally no place to dry yourself after the shower. The view from the room was to the other window that was in 2 meters in front of us. Also the room had a lack of air and windows were opening for 10 cm.

We love very helpful and nice lady at the reception. She's a very sweet person. Also the location is just amazing!

It was a nice stay - the hotel is very close to Notre Dame and the river. Louvre is about 8 min walk away. Metro Chatelet is around the corner and will take you to Arc de Triomphe in 10 min.There is also a direct connection to CDG airport from this metro station. (RER Chatelet). The multilingual staff is very helpful with directions and other assistance. They can also book an airport shuttle for you for 26 € pp.

They only came in and made the bed each day, they did not refresh the supplies, so I went and bought a packet of coffee sachets and some milk. Little bit pricey, but it is in a great location.

It was in an excellent location, about 250 metres from the Chatelet Metro station and a quick walk to many attractions. The staff were lovely and friendly, and we were quickly booked in. The room wasnt huge, but it had a little balcony, which was lovely, even though the steps up to it were a little bit dangerous. Lots of cafes and shops close by.

Perfect location, walking distance to the louvre and other major sites and metro on the doorstep. Asked for a bathtub and received one! rare in Europe. Receptionist was very charming. Price was exceptional for the quality and location. Breakfast was wonderful. A great find!

This hotel and the staff helped make Paris the highpoint of my European holiday. Perfect location, walking distance to most sights and metro on the doorstep. Great restaurants, cafes and an excellent boulangerie within 30m. A lovely boutique hotel, clean, well appointed and welcoming.

Room was smaller than I had expected but it was very clean and modern. I didn't like that there was no way of having a proper shower as there is no rail on the wall that could hold the shower head. It's an old fashioned European bath with a shower head on the side. And there could be more choices for breakfast including scrambled eggs - though you could request them to make some for you.

Great location. Clean room. Nice staff

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Staff very unhelpful and rude. Don't ask them anything because you won't get an answer. There were four of us in a suite and they always only had three towels. The phone didn't work so I had to take the lift down to reception every time I needed a towel. The room was small but mostly clean they just never vacuumed the floor. The only great thing was location. I wouldnt go back there.

Location is excellent, right in the middle of Paris. Room is small but very well planned with just enough room for a couple. It had all the amenities we needed: WiFi, kettle with glasses, safe large enough for 14" laptop, iron and board, even a wine bottle opener! Staff very friendly.

reception staff very unfriendly did not want to help we felt we were just a nuisance

very clean boutique style hotel with quirky breakfast room super location for sightseeing

The hotel is great, small rooms but you don't need bigger, clean and perfect location, just 5 min to Notre Dame de Paris and Georges Pompiduo and 7 min to Louvre. The street of the hotel is very quiet and Boulangerie in 10 meters with the best croissants - try them obligatory!

Small rooms, but that's nirmal in Paris.

In foot distance to the RER B from Charles de Gaulle airport (Châtelet-Les Halles). Next to major sights (Liuvre).

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

This is a lovely small hotel and with the right attitude the lady at reception could have made the perfect impression. But she really didnt want to be there and was not very welcoming. Seeing her over the next few days was much the same. Room was nice but the bathroom was barely big enough to stand in. If i had paid budget price i would have budget expectation... but unfortunately this wasnt quite budget priced.

Location was good.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Bathroom difficult to use Large deep tub in front of a window, no Grab rails to assist. Shower over tub with no shower curtain water goes everywhere

small & friendly Everything in room that you need for a short break

My daughter and her husband had no TV in their room. There was a mirror where a TV might have been. Under the bed, there was a dusty pillow. We spent there only one night, so they did not care to complain.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

None. It's perfect.

Comfy bed and lovely breakfast. Perfect location to exploring all attraction landmarks in Paris. The hotel is near Metro Chatelet. We traveled from Annecy and arrived at Gare de Lyon. We took Metro line 14 and got off at Chatelet station. Take exit " Rue des lavandières". Short walk and easy train transfer. For getting to Charles de Gaulle Airport, you can hire service shuttel van (shared), it's around Euro 18/person. You can inform Reception to book a seat 1-2 days in advance to avoid full booking.

Only one thing. As agreed, they included a baby bed in our room for our baby. It was not in perfect conditions (a little bit askew) and almost without mattress. Not a big issue but it's a small area for improvement... if not for this small detail, I would have consider this hotel a 4* !

Great location, very close metro station (direct connection to Gare du Nord), walking distance from most of the attractions. Bathroom very modern and clean. Staff very nice and available.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

When fire alarm sounded after walking down 3 flights of stairs receptionist sat at her desk working. Asked if their was a problem she stated someone had had their shower too hot which had activated alarm and would just have to wait for it to stop. Not very satisfactory and worrying what would happen if a real emergency.

Really good location close to the Seine, Metro and various attractions - Musee D'Orsay, Louvre etc

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

- rooms in standard typically small for Paris - bathrooms with more design than practical focus, but all okay - no separate toilet in bathroom with wing door - breakfast in cellar very standard

- modern designish decoration - nice lobby with chill and reading area - the best location you get in Paris (Chatelet, all subways cross here!)

No view from my room;breakfast could have been more varied,with hot as well as cold choices.

Unbeatable location,very comfortable bed,well appointed,modern bathroom.

The curtains don't hold the sunlight out: if you wish to sleep in this is not the place to go to.

Awesome location right in the center of Paris, with a subway station 100 meters away.

Bathroom was freezing cold, toilet brush absolutely disgusting, please change it! Small cupboard for clothes was ok but nowhere to hang your coats. Didn't find any information sheet or book in the room. Staff was so and so, the staff works and lives in Paris, so yes they know their postcode, but when customers ask a password for wifi then don't just say that the password for wifi is your postcode as I would have no idea what is your postcode?!

Great location, supermarket just around the corner, clothes shops close by and you can walk to most of the sightseeings, lots of restaurants and bars near too. room itself was nice and very clean. Amd they have a luggage storage!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Large bed but 2 single beds pushed together so big gap down the middle which was uncomfortable. Cleaner walked in to clean the room at 5.30pm whilst we were having a nap after a long day of walking around, no apology, bit odd!

Bathroom very good on superior room. Hotel in good location, very close to louvre and notre dame.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Hard bed and tiny pillows

Decor and location Great Restaurants are Outside the hotel and you can see the Effiel tower if you walk down a road which takes literally 30 seconds

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Main problem was that our room was very near lift and so tended to be a bit noisy early morning, late at night

Nicely appointed room. Very welcoming. Extremely helpful and accommodating manager

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Tried to contact the hotel about my booking via email before my visit, but didn't get a response.

Central location within a short walk of many tourist attractions in the centre of Paris, such as Notre Dame and the Louvre. 5 mins walk from the transport hub of Chatelet-Les-Halles (RER and Metro). The hotel itself is very clean with contemporary decor and good wifi. The breakfast offering was tasty and varied, and served in a cool vaulted basement. The staff on the front desk were helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Family Room (3 Adults)

The lady at the rezeption unfortunatly was not really interested in helping out.

Location of the hotel was perfect. You can reach almost every spot by walk. Chatlet metro station a few meters away from the hotel. The family room was cosy and nicely decorated and clean. Over all I would recommend Hotel Louvre Rivoli.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

The rest of the staff was nice, but seemed a little less friendly to any conversation or inquiries. The breakfast was a bit pricey for the available buffet. It is convenient and a neat cafeteria, but they offered croissants, boiled eggs, yogurt, etc. You can get a nice omelet, eggs, or croissants for cheaper down the street.

The hotel was well located and the hotel was very nice for the price we paid. The staff was all friendly, but we especially liked one gentleman that really helped us as far as information. I wish I could remember his name, but he was great with explaining the local attractions, transport, and recommendations. There is a bakery next door and 2 local and other restaurants in very close walking distance. We really enjoyed this hotel and would stay again.

Browse Hôtel Elixir traveller photo gallery