Reviews of Luxor Bastille Hotel 2 stars

22 Rue Moreau, 12th arr., 75012 Paris, France

#1501 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

5.5

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

One staff member was very responsive when we let them know...

We'd requested a double room, however, although there was a standard double bed the room seemed set up for one person. We had to ask for extra towels etc.

One staff member was very responsive when we let them know of damage in the room - broken toilet seat, leaking hand basin.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

I booked three night stay at this hotel through Booking.

I booked three night stay at this hotel through Booking.com. I arrived and was told they were full for the night, but gave me a room in the main floor next to the concierge. The location of the room made sleeping terrible because of the noise from the street and the guests coming in and out of the building. The bathroom sink leaked every time you turned on the tap. No garbage can in the room. The room was on the main floor and the window wouldn’t close properly and had to get the concierge to come in and close it for safety reasons. The next morning I asked to be moved to another room and they were able to accommodate me. But I still paid the full price for the night I stayed in a room that shouldn’t be given to paid guests. The towels in the room looks like it was either used already or not cleaned properly. They were wrinkled and not neatly left for the guests. There was still garbage left from the guest before. Second day, the day time concierge didn’t allow my friend to leave her carry on (she was on her way to her friends house but stopped to come have dinner with me) in my room while we go out for dinner. And started yelling at us. And only stopped when I asked to see his manager. Just very poor service from start to finish

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Basic but clean lodging at la Bastille

Practically impossible to use the WiFi. Keeps on asking all sorts of questions including sensitive data but at the end nothing comes out. After several tried I simply gave up

Location and value for money

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Handy location but hotel is not clean. Bed bugs warning

Hotel is not clean. Rooms are good size, bathrooms are good size but really not cleaned well at all. Dirty hair in the shower and toilet when I moved in. Carpet is very old and smelly. Furniture is relatively new but beds I think are old. My main issue is bed bugs. I discovered them on day 2 at 6am. Caught a bug and brought it downstairs at 6am. Luckily I was immediately given a different room and moved to a different room at 6a.m. I wasn't confident that the new room wouldn't have bugs but it didn't. I saw that hotel treated my old room immediately the next day so hopefully that was a temporary issue. I stayed in a single room and visitors are not allowed at all in the room. So you need to meet any visitors in the lobbey only. Everything else other than the bugs situation was fine for the price. Will only come back if absolutely stuck and can't find another reasonably priced hotel because bed bugs freak me out

Great location. less than 5 min walk to Bastille metro station. Cheap for the location. Reception staff is very friendly

The most horrible hotel I've ever seen. Don't even want to call it a hotel.

The place was disgusting. It was so dirty (even blood on the bed sheets!) and bad that both people I booked it for had to leave and go somewhere else. It really isn't like the images and we wish we could get the money back.

No lights in the room when I checked-in.

Small bed and noisy from the neighbours.

No lights in the room when I checked-in. I had to ask the reception to see it. Lights were back after the reception staff came in the room. I think the housekeeping staff did not checked the lights after the cleaning.

Need to be improved inside the hotel.

Small bed and noisy from the neighbours.

very central but quiet , super breakfast - unfortunately all the staff wasn t pro

I have to say the female receptionist, who was absolutely unprofessional , hardly had a look or word with customers , was very busy yelling in her phone for some reason

I liked the two receptionists (black man and arab guy) who were absolutely great & pro breakfast very good value location within walking distance to Bastille which is very diverse and dynamic

Decent but. Advice accomodations

Very small rooms, no climate control so you must sleep with windows open. Fortunately the location is quite (except Friday or Saturday night).

Clean and quiet. The bed was soft. Staff were pleasant.

The location, the possibility to leave our luggage

Missing one towel, no blockers to take a bath, no shampoo ont our bathroom. No soap in the restrooms at the first floor.

The location, the possibility to leave our luggage

We made do

Question is what did we ?

Not much ! It was small poky and very tired ! It cost us €150 a night which is a lot of money for what we got ! None of the staff spoke English ! And seemed bored and uninterested in us and there job ! For 3 of us there was 1 towel ! The beds were extremely hard and the linen was old! It was debatable whether the duvet was even clean ! I’d never stay there again and never encourage anyone else !

Bed was comfortable and big enough.

Bathroom had a smell coming from it and I had to leave the window open all the time, even when it was cold at night. Coming back late at night I had to ring to wake the night watchman, and had to wait for a few minutes sometimes while they got up.

Bed was comfortable and big enough.

Affordable, good location, very unclean, and the bed is the worst ever.

It smells terrible in there. The carpet is many many decades old and stinks. The worst thing of all was the bed. The mattress seemed like it was probably fine, but the actual bed frame was broken or missing the parts that support the middle of the mattress. It caves into the middle making it impossible to sleep, especially for two people.

24 hour front desk staff made for easy late night check-in. They were accommodating to our lack of French-speaking abilities. We came into town via train and this place was a very easy walk (even with tons of luggage) from the Parise Gare de Lyon station. It's also close to lots of restaurants and shops.

Excellent Budget Hotel in in 12th.

nothing. I really enjoyed my stay here.

The staff was all very nice and accommodating. The location is unbeatable, and being on a side street makes all the difference from a noise standpoint. Easy access from Gare de Lyon, 5 minute walk a Metro stop. And there's a tiny lift!

Comfortable, basic and convenient for a short stay

Nothing to report: you get what you pay for and a little more.

Great value for money. Very clean. 5-10 minute walk to Gare de Lyon. Easy check-in. Lift (not always the case in parisian budget hotels.) My single room was more spacious than I though it would be.

Comfortable, but there was a language barrier.

When I checked in, the guy working at the front desk did not speak a word of English.

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was nicely-sized, there was a TV in the room, and there was a work desk that could be used.

Superb value for money - Given that it's just a short...

The internet did not work at all during my stay - which is on the 4th floor.

Superb value for money - Given that it's just a short walk from my regular haunt - the Bastile opera - I would be happy to stay here again. Staff are pleasant and leave you in peace, I couldn't ask for more.

Good value for money

No dental kits and windows were open and it as a bit cold when I entered. No bottled water was available in the room.

Clean and good rooms sizes compared to Paris standards

The hotel is close to the Bastille.

I had the hotel room for a smart price 54 Euros per night. The full price around 90 Euros per night does not correspondend with the quality and equpment of the hotel.

The hotel is close to the Bastille. Lot of nice restaurants in surroundings. Just 5 min walk from the hotel is located Place d'Aligre where colorfoul food markets are organised during the weekend. On the way to it you can find amazing Boulangerie bo offering black baguettes and delicious sweets.

Convenient but damp unaired bed made for an unpleasant stay.

Damp unaired bed. Fortunately I found a thick blanket in which I could wrap myself to keep out the cold and damp.

Convenient for arrival and departure next morning.

Very satisfying!

They cleaned everyday, but the toilet was still gross.

Not the cleanest bathroom, but very satisfying hotel overall: cheap, nice 24-hour staff and quite central. A good place to stay for the nights and be off during the days.

Hated it.

Whatever you do DON'T stay here!! The owners leave their children (under 10yrs) to "try" run the front desk during the day, neither of which speak any english and during the evening your greeted with a grumpy, impatient, middle-aged man who spits food in your face and demands payment without giving you the time to even speak. Then "under his breath" he blatantly insults you whilst you're standing right in front of him. Never again!

Hated it.

Meh

first room smelled of chemicals. transferred to another room. that was fine. when i came back for the evening they had moved my stuff to a third room which was a bit annoying. loud neighbors. not particularly clean front desk not particularly polite or helpful (except for one guy ok)

relatively convient location good water pressure

Center of Paris for Reasonable Price.

A strange odor in the room at the entrance, which has not been however too bothering later.

Good location near the Lion RW station and the City center, with 3 min access to metro, excellent value for money compared with comparable alternatives.

One night stay @Luxor Bastille Hotel

Room is alright, bathroom is small , did not removed old toilet roll , lift is extremely small.

Needed to stay one extra night in Paris, so booked this as its near Gare de Lyon. There are metro stations 8,5 Bastille near to this which is quite handy. Let me do early check in( not necessary they will always do though).

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

great metro/ bus location Hotel in a quite location

Electrial outlet for power my devices DID Work! Ask front desk to repair or supply an outlet connector to power up my devices? Front desk refused

located to metro and bus access to get to my trip intet

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

The hotel was cheap and adequate for our purpose.

Staff were polite but not friendly. A few things didn't work properly in the room (lights that didn't turn on and shower hose that was so severely kinked you had to hold it with either one hand or foot while showering to get water pressure). Stains on the bed linen and on the carpet. Bed was uncomfortable. Only one towel and glass provided for 2 people. Unfortunately we had a room that was connected to a terrace where all the smokers would go for a cigarette, so our room would smell like smoke whenever this happened (with doors and windows closed). One evening I had no hot water for a shower. The shower curtain was too long for the shower/bath combo so the curtain bunches in the bottom of the shower, I almost fell over twice trying to get into the shower. The hotel wouldn't need to spend much time or money to fix these issues.

Hotel was quite close to the train station. Our bed was made each day.

I really liked the location of the hotel and the room size.

The room wasn't clean, they have never made a bed. And there was a lot of noise, the people didn't respect the hours of sleeping.

I really liked the location of the hotel and the room size.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Great for a quick visit

The hotel claims staff speak languages other than French but this isn't the case!! I had no towels in my room, I arrived very late and left early so just dealt with it - not sure if this is an extra you need to pay for or an oversight when preparing the room. They do have free wifi but my phone couldn't connect, luckily my laptop did!

Great for a flying visit, I needed somewhere close to the nearby hospital and it was a bonus that Notre Dame is just a 30 minute walk away. Loads of restaurants within a few minutes walk too and close to a coupe of different Metro stations. Everything inside seemed a little worn but was definitely clean, basic but had everything. I stayed in a single room, single bed with small bathroom but had a desk and wardrobe too - sufficient room for one and the bed was comfortable enough and plenty of hot water. By Paris standards, this room is pretty cheap, as long as you're not looking for luxury you'll be satisfied! A great little base to sleep and shower.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Good! :)

The location was perfect! The owner opened the door for me at 2:30 am..so I am happy he was protecting the hotel's identity as being non-stop. You have exactly everything you need for a one night trip (nothing luxurious but everything necessary) really nice

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Not impressed with customer service

When I arrived, I paid with a credit card. The receptionist was not sure whether the payment had gone through, due to a possible fault with their machine. I was left standing at the desk for 10 minutes while he talked to (I presume) the Manager. They pretty much ignored me. They eventually asked for me to pay in cash, which I did, and they said they would refund the money if the credit card payment had in fact worked. Back at home, I checked my account and the original CC payment had worked. I emailed them to ask for a refund - no reply. I emailed them a few days later - no reply. I am going to have to try phoning, though my spoken French is not great. I'm not impressed that they didn't bother responding to my emails.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

It is ok, just ok.

The room is extremely small, a bit dirty. Bedding very old, - but clean (I hope). Prefer better standards, but wasn't that bad.

THe location and the price was really good, like for Paris.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The price is to hight for yhe quality offered

The price is to hight for yhe quality offered

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Confort

Evaluation

The bed sheet are not clean

The location is good and thays it

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Price

V basic. But good for solo travellers

Price

Great!

The weather:)

Really nice staff!

Happy with room

Ordered breakfast the day before but when I went down the man said he didn’t have food but he could go out and buy some!!!!!

Room was cosy and clean

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

nah

bathtub not working

Will never stay

The bed was in very poor condition. Curvy shape when sleeping Lift was as small as i hardly got in

Very noisy

Location 5 min form Bastille

Unfriendly. Dirty. Bed not properly prepared.

Location 5 min form Bastille

Good location and attitude of management.

Good location and attitude of management.

like i said it was okay, appart from the first man whom said that the payment was not in

it was okay for the price

it was okay would come back if needed

One night in Bastille

The lift is very small.

The room was big, and the heating worked very well.

Pretty good

The bathroom smells

The bed was very comfy

I left my things and when i pick up my things after à week.

I left my things and when i pick up my things after à week. Just realized missing some of my things.

The bed, linen,towels etc does not meet expectations, and...

The bed, linen,towels etc does not meet expectations, and there was cigarette scent in the room. The elevator is impossible.

Booking.con made communication even more difficult. Please refer to

Old carpets in the rooms and older wooden beds. We found bedbugs. Beware!

Bed Bugs

Bit by bed bug (one is too many)

Bit by bed bug (one is too many)

Good location. relatively cheap, a bit rundown

A bit dark and dingy, old fixtures

Near to Gard du Lyon

Ok, suited me for easy walking to the stations.

The towels were worn out and scraggy plus they were small. Extremely old and worn.

Good water pressure in the shower.

Dirty and smelly carpet.

Dirty and smelly carpet. Bed was too soft. The bath room is also smelly.

One towel for two of us.

One towel for two of us. No soap. Nasty desk man. You list too many crappy places without preview. I'm finished with you.

Dirty, smelly and blood stained sheets.

Blood stain on bedsheets. Hairs in shower. Given half a used loo roll. Hall smelled of cigarette smoke and room smelled of socks. Dirty.

Very Convenient

I liked the location very near Rue De Lyon and Place de la Bastille. I liked the friendliness of staff and is the best value for what you get.

Terrible unless you pay more and no toilet tissue

I could have been given a breakfast and access to wifi

After reading the reviews my expectations were pretty low.

The owner is an old miserable man

After reading the reviews my expectations were pretty low. However it was alright

Very dirty

Very dirty

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Overall, not recommended

The room was not very clean and the man at the reception was extremely unfriendly, I would even say rude

Stairs, lift

Location...valure for money

The room seems a little bit old.

Hotel location is very good. The bathroom is very clean

Kind and easy-going staff

Kind and easy-going staff

A bit expensive , no water , nothing like an hotel .

A bit expensive , no water , nothing like an hotel .. more like a motel

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Nada, horrible.

Hotel en pesimas condiciones.

Nada, horrible.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Next time will look for better place

Too dark, too dirty. Crazy price for this standard.

Not really much

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Very duty tiny room they should clean up can't go back...

Very duty tiny room they should clean up can't go back ever

Good location, I enjoyed visiting the local market on Sunday morning

No hot water, no bath plug, TV didn"t work.

I was able to check in late (after 22:30)

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Personal was arrogant and once that man on reception was...

Personal was arrogant and once that man on reception was totally drunk!

Personal was arrogant and once that man on reception was totally drunk!

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Location and price are the only reasons to stay here

Smelly room, not that clean, no actual pillow and bed hair all over the bed... (not mine)

Location/Price

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Nice

Cold 😊

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

No way!

Very very dirty!!! You can really get vetter than this hotel!!!

Only the location: close to bastille and gare de lyon

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

was a good choice

Breakfast was not included

very close to the train station, relatively cheaper