Reviews of Louvre Marsollier Opera 3 stars

13, rue Marsollier, 2nd arr., 75002 Paris, France

#697 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Had to pay 7 euros for 2 small water bottles that are usually complimentary all over the world. Also the floor was not straight so lying on the bed one felt like sliding on it.

Location,air conditioning,staff

• Standard Single Room

the room was very very small and there was no elevator all the way up. Did not get help with heavy suitcases. The rom was shabby. Location ok but very expensive. a lot of money too little. I do NOT recommend the hotel.

• Standard Double Room (1 Adult)

The mattress was too firm for me and lumpy. There was a ridge across the whole thing sort of like a bar in a fold out sofa except this was across my upper legs. The cleaning ladies did a good job but twice they left my room door slightly opened therefore unlocked. Nothing was ever stolen though. It was just that you had to really slam the door to get it to lock. The others at the front desk weren’t too helpful with recommendations.

The location was great! Alexander at the front desk was always friendly and helpful. The room was clean. Loved that there was an elevator to the room floors which is rare in Paris. I’ve got a bad knee so going up and down spiral staircases (that seems to be all they have in Paris) was not going to work for me for 10 days. The room was at the back away from the street so it was pretty quiet.

no plug converters provided, elevator size of phone booth but was useful for putting luggage in, tub was a little high with no bar to hold onto so not elderly friendly

great clean room with wood floors, comfy bed, beautiful bathroom, triple room has french windows opening into quiet street, plenty of food options nearby, usb charging ports, excellent location for walking to the louvre, and 35 minutes to notre dame. Staff kept us feeling safe and gave good advice during unfortunate events on may 12.

The room was extreme small and short on high (around 2.2 meter)!! The water itself decides when to come hot and cold as it wants when you use the shower!! Do not recommend to chose standard room because for sure you will not be satisfied!! The price for that tiny room is very high!!

Location!!Location!!Location!!

• Standard Single Room

The elevator does not take you uptil the top floor. So you have carry your bag through the narrow corridor (which would fit 2 person only) and up the ladder

good location

They turn-off the AirCondition when you leave, remember to ask them to switch it on when you are back because sometimes they forget to turn it on! Parking is a bit far! Wi-Fi sometimes wasn't working

- Elevator - There is a nearby restaurant (not in the hotel but just the building next to it) and you get ~15% off if you mention you are staying in the hotel (but it's expensive and you reach average price after the discount) but the restaurant is very romantic and nice.

Heating not always functional, shower mount was too weak to hold shower head, no coffee in the room

Weren’t disturbed, comfy bed, staff very helpful, clean, quiet room

• Standard Single Room

If you travel solo, you have to stay in a single room on the 7th floor and the lift only goes to the 6th floor. I wish I had known this as last thing I want to after walking all over a city is go up a spiral staircase much less carry bags. I also kept getting lost because the hotel is sort of hidden and the staff kept trying to give me short cuts that didn't include small streets. I could always find my way back the long way from the opera.

Nice manager who gave me a couple free beverages for having a broken mini bar Nice people and safe area.

The rooms were very small, the walls were very thin so I heard every noise in other rooms and in the hallway, and the water temperature varied quickly from warm, to icy cold, to steaming hot, and back to hot so it was hard to comfortably shower.

The location was excellent. It was so close to museums, restaurants, and several metro stops.

The Breakfast was to expensiv, so we decided to eat outside. There are many Cafe for Breakfast near the Hotel.

For us it was an perfect stay. The Location ist great. There are plenty of Restaurants, Bars, Metro Stations in walk distance. When we go back to Paris, we will stay in this Place again.

Poor view from room and air conditioner located right below the window blowing out hot air.

Very friendly staff and room was in good, clean conditions.

One staff member did not seem to want to help very much. Did not try to help us. The wifi took way too much of our time to get working and we needed it to help us with our travels making our first day not very fun. Construction in the area and very busy.

The night staff was very friendly. It was buy a friendly Starbucks that spoke English. It was close to a camera store that was very kind and helped us fix our camera. Photo Pyramides on Rue de Pyramides. Good prices too! It was close to the metro and close to a helpful tourism office with wonderful advice, kind staff and amazing info on Rue de Pyramides. Buy the boat tour for 10€. It is walkable to to Louvre and Orsay. There was air conditioning!

• Standard Single Room

Room are very small and the lift could not accomodate my luggage. The walls are thin. The view from the room was a wall!

The hotel was in a good area and safe. The cleaning service was very good. Room was cleaned everyday and tea and coffee extras was replenished.

There wasnt a shower curtain

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the last fifteen years and the quality is always the same. The rooms are compact but what do you expect in Paris? The water is hot in the shower, the air conditioning works well in the rom, the beds are comfortable and there is a wardrobe to hang up your clothes. Really what more do you want when you are out all day exploring beautiful Paris? Very conveniently placed in 1st Arrondisment so you can walk to all the sights, even La Tour Eiffel if you are fit. And there isa little pub down the road where you can get a delicious meal (including superb escargot)

Th room is very small, and the elevator is practically a closet on pulleys. Also the bed is hard.

Central location in Opera district near the Roissybus stop. Very clean rooms and good shower. Very easygoing staff.

Not a major problem but thought we would have 3 single beds as on the photo but it was a double and a sofa

Handy location near the metro, opera and the louvre

• Standard Double Room (1 Adult)

The main thing I was missing was...electric socket! The only one I could find was behind the fridge/mini-bar, so had to move it a bit to be able to charge my phone. Shower pressure was not very stable, meaning that water could vary from cold to really hot and back to normal or cold within seconds, so be prepared. My room was facing a wall of another building, so no view whatsoever, but I was not spending much time indoors, so no issue with that.

Location is great! I primarily chose this area as I was attending courses at The School of Jewelry Arts (Van Cleef & Arpels) near Place Vendome, but hotel's location gives an easy walking access to metro, Opera, Louvre, etc. A few days before my trip I got a pre-arrival questionnaire by email, where I could indicate preferences and/or questions related to my stay. Once filled, I received an email reply within an hour or so, suggesting places for lunches (as asked). Upon arrival, I found both a tea kettle and the Figaro in my room (I ticked the options in the questionnaire). Impressed! P.s. Rue Sainte-Anne is almost next door, and I found it funny to walk into the Little Tokyo right after arriving to Paris from Tokyo.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Be sure to request which room you would like before arriving. My recommendation would be to avoid the 6th floor as the ceilings are slanted. Also it was a bit odd that you needed to leave your key every time you left the building and request it again when you came back.

The staff was excellent and very accommodating. Alexandre was fantastic at the front desk, and got us whatever we requested. Our room was always clean no matter what time of day we left.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Stores and Shops are a bit far from the hotel. But it is 10-15 minutes walk to the nearest store and shops.

The location is reachable by public transportation.

Room is extremely small. The WIFI only worked the first night we were there. We told the front desk and emailed the manager. No response from either. Using my cell phone data instead was very expensive. I asked the front desk to help with train tickets for a day trip to Giverny because the WIFI was not working. He did not print out the return tickets so I had to buy a second set of tickets to get back to Paris. There is only one electrical outlet in the bedroom. With two people in the room you need at least two electrical outlets to charge cell phones. With what I spent to replace a non-existent promised WIFI, extra tickets, etc. I could have stayed in a nicer hotel with a bigger room. I recommend that others do just that.

clean rooms, staff friendly

Can't think of anything.

The room was comfortable and totally silent which was wonderful. We even left the window open to let the cool air in and there was no noise. The staff was so helpful with directions and recommendations- very friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

My room was a joke: A steep stair to get to the room (no elevetor); the ceiling was barely 2mt high (avoid this hotel if you are taller than 1.7mt); the wardrobe didn't fit normal hunger; but most important the manager tried to make me pay for an extra night because we checked out after 1pm + he charged extras not taken. They are simply thieves. I've travelled to Paris about 30 times for work/leisure and this is defined the worst experience i have ever had. I seriously DISRECOMMEND this property to anybody.

Nothing of the hotel. The area is very central to Paris. This is the ONLY positive wird i can spend.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

The location is a little off the beaten path, but this could be a plus as it did mean that it was quiet around the hotel. The lift is tiny and the room was not large, but that is to be expected in Paris.

The hotel is clean and fresh, with very helpful and friendly personnel.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Large Double Room

first room was not renovated , old bathroom and noisy A/C. problem of temperature between the room and the bathroom the lift is old and very tight for 2 persons

helpful and welcoming staff especially during the day time. location is excellent because it is a very quiet area however located in the heart of opera district renovated rooms are very nice and comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Standard Double Room (1 Adult)

the design of the rooms is old fashion. the heat in the room was to high even when I put it off. At least it was warm I had to sleep with open window.

the staff is really nice and helpful and if you are a runner you have the jardin des tuileries next to the place. Of course the location is ideal.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

We opted for breakfast at the hotel. Selection could have been more considering the price but then you did not have to leave the hotel and you could within reason eat as many wonderful croissants as you wanted!!

The room was most pleasant, spacious (for a Paris hotel room), and faced the quiet street. Most of all, the staff were friendly and helpful--particularly Nicolas and Alexander at the front desk and Maria at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

A bit small but it's Paris and 145 for 3 persons and with this location I'm ok with the price!

Bath room clean! Korean and Japanese district is near by and you can get very nice Japanese breakfast!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

There may be more species for breakfast. They did not charged for the first day of our stay for my 3,5 years old nephew and told me that it's not necessary to do so. But the next day they charged the breakfast for him too. We haven't appeal to that since we're delighted overall but I think they should not have charged for him.

Great location. Metro, RER, airport shuttle, big bus, shopping streets and louvre are as close as possible. Our room was so new and tidy like nobody else has ever stayed before(you can still get the paint smell (: ) Bed and pillows were so comfortable like they're mine :) All people working within the hotel were so helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Standard Double Room (1 Adult)

This hotel is located in the center of Paris , 2 minutes walk from the opera . And it's an old building renewed which I like . And just in front of the hotel there is a Theater .

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Perhaps the shower & toilet could have been better configured.

Great location in a quiet off street area close to restaurants and transport. Staff were very helpful upon early arrival. Room was fine and bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

I expected more room space for the price.

I think the location was great, closed to the Louvre, and d'Orsay museums, to the tours companies pick up areas, stores, and restaurants. The breakfast was good. The staff was very nice, and help us out with the local transportation.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Bathroom was a bit small but that is par for the course when dealing with hotels in central European cities.

Location was great. Near a metro station and close to major tourist attractions. Yet the cafes in the area were not over run by tourists. You felt the culture at this hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

The Lift is very small .it is hardly holds two. Small size persons.also the entrance to the room is so narrow otherwise things are o.k.

The breakfast. was delicious.the bed was comfortable and in general the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

I received an email prior to staying asking me how the hotel could be of help for my stay which was lovely. The rooms were good and very clean. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Location is perfect.

The bathroom and elevator were too small.

Room is so small and unclean properly.

Better space to place carry on luggage in room. It had to remain on floor due to size of room.

Very welcomimg hotel in a very good location to explore Paris

Location. Cleanliness. Facilities.

The room was not as advertised - very dated and extremely small.

Standard room and bathroom are small - would recommend upgrading to a large room if option is available

Great location and friendly staff

The location was very good, close to the opera and Louvre. The staff was very kind careful.

Can’t think of a thing.

Great location, helpful staff, great experience.

Perfect location

Very small compared to how it’s shown in photos

Amazing and helpful personnel, great location

Room was a little small and breakfast limited.

Fantastic staff and perfect location.

The staff were particularly helpful and went out of their way to assist us.

• Standard Double Room (1 Adult)

Room is very small and a bit old. Window facing the inside of the building so no sun at all.

Location! Location! Has elevator.

They claim to have a parking, but they actually don't have.

It is good for Parisian standards, have free wi-fi that works

Not all rooms were renovated

Friendly team, nice atmosphere, located on a quiet street just minutes away from museums and shopping area.

Croissants could be better, I tried one and it was undercooked

shower was great, very powerful, warm room, big bed

No coffee or whitener in room, black tea only.

No slippers.

A tiny room but quite clean.

• Large Double Room

Totally a little old...

Location is very comfortable to leisure as well as business.

• Standard Single Room

the bed smelled awful. it was impossible to sleep.

• Standard Double Room (1 Adult)

Everything worked, no complaints. Close to everything, great staff.

Very small elevator and room.

Superior location. Friendly and efficient staff.

Small but very nice hotel. Its advantage is definitely the location. The staff was really friendly and helpful.

Rooms were a bit basic but clean for sure.

Location ideal

nothig

Lovely hotel, in a very good location, close to everything. Nice and polite staff.

Room was comfy, nice size, v comfortable bed!

Great location, clean room and helpful staff

NO coffee or milk in room!!

QUiet location. Comfy bed.

Tiny room and aged bathroom, nothing to do with the pictures in booking.com

Good location and lots of silence.

The hotel staff arranged 2 communicating rooms when we arrived creating a nice little suite

• Standard Single Room

Was on the seven floor. Look better in the ad than I thought

You have to pay extra to use the safe in the room

Location is really convenient

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Clean, wonderful staff, great location.

• Standard Double Room (1 Adult)

The attitude of a young counter guy In daytime was awful

Location really nice

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The wifi would not work properly for almost all 3 days.

The location was fantastic and the area felt safe.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The wifi was either not working at all, or very very very slow & poor signal.

Clean and comfortable, cute rooms.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Closet size room ... for sure we can not call it "standard"

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

My room slanted

The staff was extremely amazing, helpful and professional, I would recommend this hotel

Browse Louvre Marsollier Opera traveller photo gallery